Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I noticed a few posts saying that Dayton was promised a spot on the squad, but thought that was just something that was posted regarding Victoria.  I seriously doubt that Dayton was promised anything and that, in a way, she had to do MORE than everyone else (including other legacies) to prove that she deserved a spot in Training Camp, then had to do even more to show that she earned a spot on the squad.  From the way we're seeing it play out, Dayton seems to be the ONLY person at Training Camp who has to not only go above and beyond what the other girls are doing, but has to almost fight management to get an equal shake because it seems that Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte are so bound and determined NOT to be seen as showing favoritism/nepotism towards Dayton that they're being MORE critical and MORE harsh towards her.

Yes, I never heard that Dayton was promised anything, only Victoria.  In fact, I heard that Dayton was subtly discouraged from re-auditioning, but ignored it (which is why Kelli is not the most pleasant to her).

8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

VK is not getting a superstar edit though, and her dancing is not that bad. 

Two things:  1) go back and watch the edit she got in the first two episodes -- she was getting a hardcore "superstar" edit there, and those were edited before she got caught in all her lies; 2) "her dancing is not that bad" is not a glowing recommendation -- I certainly expect the DCC to be better than "not that bad."

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And any 22+ year old vet who would base their return decision, and/or jeapoardize their spot in the team, over one 18 year old girl’s “edit” or favoritism is even more idiotic than people are saying VK is.  It’s a squad of 36, not 10 - if you don’t like someone, just stay clear of them.

I said I've wondered about it.  If it were me, I would reconsider.  Having her around for me, would feel toxic.  Like everything I did or said if I wasn't fawning over her, could be reported as something bad.  Just MY opinion, nothing more.  No one has to agree with me.  I've been in a similar situation and it sucked the fun and life out of the situation.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I said I've wondered about it.  If it were me, I would reconsider.  Having her around for me, would feel toxic.  Like everything I did or said if I wasn't fawning over her, could be reported as something bad.  Just MY opinion, nothing more.  No one has to agree with me.  I've been in a similar situation and it sucked the fun and life out of the situation.

I'm told that Victoria acted as though she were a fifth year veteran throughout training camp, very entitled and wanting to be center of attention at all times.  She also ratted out several of the girls (some veterans) to Kelli and Judy, getting them in trouble.  I don't know why Kelli and Judy don't know that using one girl in that way only hurts that girl with the squad -- you'd think they'd learned their lesson after Cassie.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, I never heard that Dayton was promised anything, only Victoria.  In fact, I heard that Dayton was subtly discouraged from re-auditioning, but ignored it (which is why Kelli is not the most pleasant to her).

Two things:  1) go back and watch the edit she got in the first two episodes -- she was getting a hardcore "superstar" edit there, and those were edited before she got caught in all her lies; 2) "her dancing is not that bad" is not a glowing recommendation -- I certainly expect the DCC to be better than "not that bad."

This is a video I found of VK doing a solo in 2016...there is nothing wrong w/ her dancing - she actually has great extension and good control - especially for her height.   And she has better technique than a lot of the girls who are seen as rock stars on the DCC (namely Madeline).   I think this stuff that she can’t dance and needs favoritism to make the squad is exaggerated.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

This is a video I found of VK doing a solo in 2016...there is nothing wrong w/ her dancing - she actually has great extension and good control - especially for her height.   And she has better technique than a lot of the girls who are seen as rock stars on the DCC (namely Madeline).   I think this stuff that she can’t dance and needs favoritism to make the squad is exaggerated.

What they’ve shown of her on the episodes is that she dances out of control and none of the alums put her as a top candidate. They’ve shown her dancing isn’t top 36. It’s not the same as a solo. I bet a good number of girls that were cut over the years were competent dancers in their solos. 

• Love 19
Just now, rose711 said:

What they’ve shown of her on the episodes is that she dances out of control and none of the alums put her as a top candidate. They’ve shown her dancing isn’t top 36. It’s not the same as a solo. I bet a good number of girls that were cut over the years were competent dancers in their solos. 

Great point!

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm told that Victoria acted as though she were a fifth year veteran throughout training camp, very entitled and wanting to be center of attention at all times.  She also ratted out several of the girls (some veterans) to Kelli and Judy, getting them in trouble.  I don't know why Kelli and Judy don't know that using one girl in that way only hurts that girl with the squad -- you'd think they'd learned their lesson after Cassie.

We’ve seen her acting like she’s a veteran and needing to be the center of attention on the show already. I don’t doubt it. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, sATL said:

Following.. 

I sure would like to know what the conflict(s) was. I didn't see the need to resign the next business day after the meeting in Kelli's office- ie June. Hopefully the woman waited at least until July - a few more weeks of training camp.

• She is the office - the expectation to be at every SMU game seems a bit much. Especially at a away game. I would have gotten that straight with or with a DCC conflict .
  • College football started - like now 9/1. So just when was the conflict? She wouldn't have any DCC responsibilities until preseason - early August - when the team is announced. Any appearance before then are done by the veterans.
  • It's a little early to be worried about future non-game DCC appearances that conflicts with SMU after Sept. Make the DCC squad first.
  • "Recruiting Operations" - just whom are you assisting/helping/arranging recruiting in the summer? Other than welcoming the new freshman when SMU starts camp- and I would think that would be the mostly job of the football staff.  Now yes, when HS starts, you could be busy.. How much is her job outside of 9-5 M-F?
  • Does training camp meet alot (like the alumni session she missed) during 9-5 M-F ?
  • I am probably reading too much in when she said her mgr gave her an "ultimatum" regarding the schedule. I guess I don't like that tone, that implies towards an employee, who appears to be coming to you in a humble spirit. Esp. for day/time away in the future. I guess I expected the answer to be something - make sure your duties are covered, go w/o pay, work extra, etc.
  • Here are game the schedules - side by side.

5b94069d66e52_smuandcowboys.thumb.png.c7a0942890b3e4fa632314e1aa7e4f7b.png

If she is involved with recruiting SMU football players, her activities would pertain to potential recruits, not the people already playing at SMU. The NCAA has very tight restrictions on when football recruits can be contacted. I would assume it requires a lot of planning and organization. According to the NCAA Recruiting Calendar, there are strict dead, quiet, and contact periods to organize. The first dead period when there is no contact (I think) is August 1-31. June may be prime time for organization and booking travel and lodging for coaches and scouts to evaluate or meet the players. I would imagine the recruiting schedule would be quite different than a regular football schedule.

• Love 4

I've watched this show since the beginning.  I love dancing and also cheer leading, but was not a dancer. 

It looks to me like both Victoria and Dayton were good enough to be DCC.  You don't have to be the absolute best dancers, IMO and they are both very good dancers, and had beautiful smiles and beautiful figures.  The Dallas Cowboys are privately owned and in my opinion, nepotism is fine, as long as the owners are okay with it. 

I understand they want to keep their world-class standing and I believe that both Dayton and Victoria would not have lowered that standard.  The cheerleaders always improve as they experience (like we all do) and they are young.  I haven't noticed attitude issues with either of them, coming through on the show. 

This is just from a viewer watching.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Following.. 

I sure would like to know what the conflict(s) was. I didn't see the need to resign the next business day after the meeting in Kelli's office- ie June. Hopefully the woman waited at least until July - a few more weeks of training camp.

• She is the office - the expectation to be at every SMU game seems a bit much. Especially at a away game. I would have gotten that straight with or without a DCC conflict .
  • College football started - like now 9/1. So just when was the conflict? She wouldn't have any DCC responsibilities until preseason - early August - when the team is announced. Any appearance before then are done by the veterans.
  • It's a little early to be worried about future non-game DCC appearances that conflicts with SMU after Sept. Make the DCC squad first.
  • "Recruiting Operations" - just whom are you assisting/helping/arranging recruiting in the summer? Other than welcoming the new freshman when SMU starts camp- and I would think that would be the mostly job of the football staff.  Now yes, when HS starts, you could be busy.. How much is her job outside of 9-5 M-F?
  • Does training camp meet alot (like the alumni session she missed) during 9-5 M-F ?
  • I am probably reading too much in when she said her mgr gave her an "ultimatum" regarding the schedule. I guess I don't like that tone, that implies towards an employee, who appears to be coming to you in a humble spirit. Esp. for day/time away in the future. I guess I expected the answer to be something - make sure your duties are covered, go w/o pay, work extra, etc.

She wanted to quit her job in order to focus on becoming a DCC. Her boss and/or supervisior might not have been please with the fact she wanted to focus on just being a DCC instead of her job. Just because she might not be working as hard as she does right before and during the football season does not mean she did not have a regular Monday to Friday 9-5 work to do. I can understand her boss thinking seriously why do you want to focus on being a DCC so much it affects your job and what needs to get done at work and how fair is it to your co-workers who show up on time and willing to do their jobs even if they have families, friends, social life, and other things outside the office. Not everyone is so excited to have a possible future DCC working for them.

I can understand the ultimatum with Malena. If she is heavily involved in scheduling and logistics, then that is the sort of job where they need somebody to be in it and doing the work. Based on some of the descriptions of her position earlier, it kind of reminds me of administrative assistants and paralegals. I'm not saying that she's akin to a secretary, but just that it seems to be the type of job where its not super specialized and doesn't require someone with multiple degrees, but when the position is vacant or filled with someone who doesn't know what they're doing, things can go off the rails quickly.  I can see how her boss would want an answer right then, rather than potentially having a vacancy right as football season is kicking off, and they have recruits coming to town. 

I feel like Kelli's personal feelings for Malena are/were clouding her judgment. Malena is an adult, so it's her responsibility whether she quits her job or not, but she clearly appears to be struggling. I think it would have made far more sense for Kelli to be upfront with Malena and her struggles, and the fact that there will be multiple cuts to come, and she has been one of the weaker ones thus far. However, if I were Malena and listening to Kelli, I would think I was going to make the team as well. 

• Love 7

Can I just throw in a theory about why Heather was not made a group leader this year? I wonder if maybe she knew details about Holly and Jenna and didn’t tell Kelli and Judy and it came out that she knew and said nothing. 

Just my two cents.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Who did she rat out and about what?

15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Can I just throw in a theory about why Heather was not made a group leader this year? I wonder if maybe she knew details about Holly and Jenna and didn’t tell Kelli and Judy and it came out that she knew and said nothing. 

Just my two cents.

Its possible.  The GLs are announced pretty early, so chances that it was something to do more with last season than the new season are more likely than not.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

If they'd learned their lesson after Cassie and all the issues that came along with her, then they would have been equally hard on Dayton and Victoria or encouraged them to get at least a year under their belt on another team, preferably another NFL team with a similar dance style, before coming to the DCC.  That would show the girls have what it takes to be an NFL cheerleader without having to rely on their connections to make the squad.  However, Victoria's treatment, to me, shows that Kelli, Judy and Charlotte HAVEN'T learned their lesson and will continue to favor certain girls over others and bonus points to a certain degree of relation to Kelli, Judy and/or Charlotte.  I still say that Kelli (and Charlotte, to a degree) should have recused herself in regards to Victoria due to how close she is with both Tina and Victoria.  However, I think the only reason Kelli DIDN'T recuse herself is that she KNEW Victoria wouldn't have made it to Training Camp, much less Finals, without help.  We've seen Kelli be more fair with Dayton in the past and seem to be more willing to judge her fairly both in the past and now, though she doesn't treat Dayton the same way now.  If it's true that Dayton was subtly discouraged from trying out and did so anyways, was the discouragement due to the fact that she was considered by many to be the better dancer over Victoria?

As for Victoria's dancing, maybe she chose lyrical/contemporary because it suits her performance style: out of control.  The lyrical dancers that I've seen, at least the ones that I would say are high level up to the very best dancers, have EXQUISITE control.  That is the very same control that I think Victoria lacks.  She doesn't look like there's any "stop" in her dancing, any "pause" between movements where she lets up on the constant motion.  That constant motion makes her seem like she doesn't finish her movements before she's on to the next.  However, I will admit she does have decent technique in a few areas.  I still think she needs to take private lessons that focus on the basics of ballet and REALLY teach her what each move is supposed to look like from start to finish as well as make her practice it until the correct movement is second nature.  Then she can throw in other styles until she's good at them as well.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Its possible.  The GLs are announced pretty early, so chances that it was something to do more with last season than the new season are more likely than not.

Or she knew what Erica was planning? I just think considering how hard they came down on Jenna that they are looking for “loyal” vets. 

On 9/6/2018 at 11:56 PM, MyFavShows said:

I know...but she keeps repeating it like it’s as important and high up on the org chart as it sounds.   If I was a janitor and my job gave me a fluffy title of “director of facilities and sanitation operations”, when I was talking someone outside the company about what I do I’d tell them the truth instead of spouting off the ridiculous title.   

The audio when she was in the office this episode was clearly dubbed over, that was the same audio as her talking head when she was telling the camera her job title.

• Love 4

Now I'm really lost... I took her "scheduling conflict" to mean that were days and or times that the DCC schedule conflicted with her work schedule (which I still don't know the nature of the conflict) - which makes sense of Kelli printing off the schedule and passing it to her.  It could have been just as simple of knowing the days she wanted to put in for vacation or leave earlier, and her mgr denied, giving the ultimatum.

I've had team members produce the upcoming school calendar as soon as the board approves it, so I didn't read into that she wanted to leave her job, or take off for an extended period of time - like use up all of her vacation/sick leave time so she could stay at home and practice dances.

At least she was honest and not try to WFH (work from home) and dance in the mirror at the same time...

But that's ok.. I will stay lost on this subject . I'm sure some details will come out in the next few weeks. :)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Ok Heather had nothing to do with the Jenna Holly mess. She didn't run with that crowd so no Erica mess either. Other girls had more time so Heather got pushed back. Not a big conspiracy. Heather actually has a real, full-time job unlike Lacey, Kashara, Maddie, etc. 

I don't know how the freak Kelli is supposed to recuse herself from VK auditions when KELLI IS THE DAMN DIRECTOR. If everybody who knew VK and Tina recused, no body would be left, but especially the DIRECTOR needs to be there, especially since she is not a relative.

Malena just did not imprss me at all, but I don't think she is lying or inflating her job title. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, sATL said:

Now I'm really lost... I took her "scheduling conflict" to mean that were days and or times that the DCC schedule conflicted with her work schedule (which I still don't know the nature of the conflict) - which makes sense of Kelli printing off the schedule and passing it to her.  It could have been just as simple of knowing the days she wanted to put in for vacation or leave earlier, and her mgr denied, giving the ultimatum.

I've had team members produce the upcoming school calendar as soon as the board approves it, so I didn't read into that she wanted to leave her job, or take off for an extended period of time - like use up all of her vacation/sick leave time so she could stay at home and practice dances.

At least she was honest and not try to WFH (work from home) and dance in the mirror at the same time...

But that's ok.. I will stay lost on this subject . I'm sure some details will come out in the next few weeks. :)

I don't have any additional information beyond what was shown, but I took it as her manager basically saying, "no, you will need to be present and fully engaged on these days, and if there is going to be any sort of ongoing conflict, then you need to quit now." I imagine that football season and the weeks leading up to signing day are the busiest time of the year for her. If she can't be at events and the prep for those events for her real, full-time job for a sufficient amount of time, then her boss probably wants someone who can be. It's tough, but I can see why her boss wouldn't be receptive to her leaving early or taking a bunch of vacation days on the front end, just on the very real possibility that "leaving an hour early on a couple of occasions" actually turns into leaving early on a lot of occasions. This whole scenario is why the DCCs annoy me with their "it's just a part-time job" bs. They clearly expect it to be professional priority #1, when that's just not going to work with many 8/9 to 5 jobs. If that employer is actually the one thats paying you the salary that covers your bills, and provides you your health insurance, 40l(k), etc, they obviously expect that job to be priority #1.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It's tough, but I can see why her boss wouldn't be receptive to her leaving early or taking a bunch of vacation days on the front end, just on the very real possibility that "leaving an hour early on a couple of occasions" actually turns into leaving early on a lot of occasions.

...particularly since Malena had only had the job for a few months. Every place I've ever worked, newbies are expected to be there every day, on time, without fail. A newbie asking for a lot of time off or accommodations to their schedule would get a whole lot of side-eye from everyone they work with. Particularly if the person is asking for flexibility so that they can pursue a job with another employer. If I were her employer, I would say "You want that other job so badly? You have my blessing to go and pursue it. But when you're not here, that means someone else has to do your work, and I'm not asking the rest of the team here to sacrifice their time to support your dream."   

• Love 18
9 hours ago, rose711 said:

I could see Victoria telling everyone that she’s promised a place on the team. She has no filter, no self awareness and I doubt she could keep something like that a secret. 

That's literally the only reason I could see that she would share something like that if it were even told to her.

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think girls will leave if she tries out again. How many of us deal with co-workers we cannot stand at all, but we do not quit.

Yeah, that's a bit dramatic. People aren't on the team for anyone else other than themselves.

7 hours ago, sATL said:

Following.. 

• She is the office - the expectation to be at every SMU game seems a bit much. Especially at a away game. I would have gotten that straight with or without a DCC conflict .

Like others have said, I think it may have had less to do with post TC than it did with TC.

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I can understand the ultimatum with Malena. If she is heavily involved in scheduling and logistics, then that is the sort of job where they need somebody to be in it and doing the work. Based on some of the descriptions of her position earlier, it kind of reminds me of administrative assistants and paralegals. I'm not saying that she's akin to a secretary, but just that it seems to be the type of job where its not super specialized and doesn't require someone with multiple degrees, but when the position is vacant or filled with someone who doesn't know what they're doing, things can go off the rails quickly.  I can see how her boss would want an answer right then, rather than potentially having a vacancy right as football season is kicking off, and they have recruits coming to town. 

I feel like Kelli's personal feelings for Malena are/were clouding her judgment. Malena is an adult, so it's her responsibility whether she quits her job or not, but she clearly appears to be struggling. I think it would have made far more sense for Kelli to be upfront with Malena and her struggles, and the fact that there will be multiple cuts to come, and she has been one of the weaker ones thus far. However, if I were Malena and listening to Kelli, I would think I was going to make the team as well. 

She seems to get pretty attached to the girls, and I really like that about her. It's very "momma bear." Remember, she was like that with Caitlyn..the airhead who didn't even complete a season...and even Morgan with her memory issues.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

That's literally the only reason I could see that she would share something like that if it were even told to her.

Yeah, that's a bit dramatic. People aren't on the team for anyone else other than themselves.

Like others have said, I think it may have had less to do with post TC than it did with TC.

She seems to get pretty attached to the girls, and I really like that about her. It's very "momma bear." Remember, she was like that with Caitlyn..the airhead who didn't even complete a season...and even Morgan with her memory issues.

I read this and immediately pictured Kelli singing “rockabye Brianna in the Texas tree” in her office.  Was that just last season?

• Love 2

Finally caught up on this season:

1. The urge to fast forward is very strong.  And I agree with whomever said it above that it seems disjointed.  Too much of this is what The Star has.  I live on the West Coast - I don't care.

2. Erin - heeelllllllllllooooo - where are you???

3. Brennan - ditto

4. VK - I had read a lot about how often she is on screen.  I hope that if she comes back next year, they don't feature her as much.  They usually tend to do that - see #3 and #4.  However, she could be THE COMEBACK GIRL and featured a lot more.

5. Kelli may not realize she's doing it, but when you watch six eps in a row, you notice the snarky, snide comments that she is making regarding Dayton vs VK.

6. If she doesn't have it, don't waste your time with her.  Get on with the process of selecting a final squad (Of course, I say this every season)

7. I liked that nutritionist, but I think it needs to be a seminar.  Three weeks in is good - by now the girls have an idea of how this is affecting their eating habits.  Get everyone on the same page  - meal prep, eating too much, eating too little, not eating, how to keep energy up during a long night cause you have to wait until 2:00 am to see who got cut.  Then check in with each gal a couple of weeks later.  

• Love 14
12 hours ago, rose711 said:

I could see Victoria telling everyone that she’s promised a place on the team. She has no filter, no self awareness and I doubt she could keep something like that a secret. 

Victoria came off to me as a bubble-headed bimbo!   She'll marry well, though.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You gave in!! Yay?

I just started S1:E1 - Oh the tryout outfits!  There are bathing suit tops and tube tops and velour shorts, oh my! And apparently matching your tights to your skin tone, not a thing yet. This 8s going to be fun!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Interesting regarding the editing of the episodes and that the first two were edited before VK cut.    

To me Kelli just seems exasperated with Dayton.  Starting with prelims and then in finals when K was watching girls on the big screen she said something like 'I can't watch her' re D.  Same mild to moderate exasperation in the late for makeovers, office, and uniform fitting ("you won something" ) scenes.  

Is it me or does Judy seem really quiet this season.    Either like the V and D legacy stuff brought back stressful Cassie memories or she's just over it.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah what happened to ‘world class’? Although it would pretty funny if their new tagline became ‘not that bad’.

9 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ok Heather had nothing to do with the Jenna Holly mess. She didn't run with that crowd so no Erica mess either. Other girls had more time so Heather got pushed back. Not a big conspiracy. Heather actually has a real, full-time job unlike Lacey, Kashara, Maddie, etc. 

Khalyn has a real job as well and we’ve already seen Heather covering for her. I can’t believe they demoted her due to ‘availability’ and picked someone with even less availability over her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Finally caught up on this season:

1. The urge to fast forward is very strong.  And I agree with whomever said it above that it seems disjointed.  Too much of this is what The Star has.  I live on the West Coast - I don't care.

2. Erin - heeelllllllllllooooo - where are you???

3. Brennan - ditto

4. VK - I had read a lot about how often she is on screen.  I hope that if she comes back next year, they don't feature her as much.  They usually tend to do that - see #3 and #4.  However, she could be THE COMEBACK GIRL and featured a lot more.

5. Kelli may not realize she's doing it, but when you watch six eps in a row, you notice the snarky, snide comments that she is making regarding Dayton vs VK.

6. If she doesn't have it, don't waste your time with her.  Get on with the process of selecting a final squad (Of course, I say this every season)

7. I liked that nutritionist, but I think it needs to be a seminar.  Three weeks in is good - by now the girls have an idea of how this is affecting their eating habits.  Get everyone on the same page  - meal prep, eating too much, eating too little, not eating, how to keep energy up during a long night cause you have to wait until 2:00 am to see who got cut.  Then check in with each gal a couple of weeks later.  

I’ve always wondered why they don’t just do customized meal plans for all the girls with weekly check ins with the nutritionist to see how everything is going, do we need to do any tweaks to your food, etc. Not a weigh in, more of a diet plan check. And the girls on weight watch should be logging their food. Our health club offers this.... 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8
On 9/7/2018 at 7:15 PM, maineborzoi said:

Just watching the show- but Victoria has horse teeth, and so self absorbed.

I know by reading that Melina did not make it- but honestly- I thought it was there.

Jasmine needs to get past " band practice cheerleader" and turn more to dance- ... Hopefully next year- she will have it to connect the dots.

How are you able to see this ? is it a program etc. ( for those of us that do not " Ap"...

I downloaded the CMT app, and looked at the videos and clips.  Lots of things are cuts from the show that I found interesting and opened my eyes to some things that were left out.

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 12:46 PM, ales-ya said:

I remember a few years ago, Cassie was asked about her typical day.  She said it was school in the morning, part time job in afternoon, and then DCC in evenings and weekends.  IDK if she graduated, but she did attend for a few years.  Does anyone know if/when she graduated?  Seems unlikely she didn’t, she went for a while ??‍♀️

She did not graduate. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve always wondered why they don’t just do customized meal plans for all the girls with weekly check ins with the nutritionist to see how everything is going, do we need to do any tweaks to your food, etc. Not a weigh in, more of a diet plan check. And the girls on weight watch should be logging their food. Our health club offers this.... 

BC they're trying more to sell whatever trainer or food place paid for the endorsement not actually give the girls a real plan.

• Love 5

I rewatched the episode with the panel interviews and it really makes me angry that they didn't cut Jessika.  She didn't know anything, even Charlotte said so!  How did she make it back???  It just boggles my mind.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I don't know how the freak Kelli is supposed to recuse herself from VK auditions when KELLI IS THE DAMN DIRECTOR. If everybody who knew VK and Tina recused, no body would be left, but especially the DIRECTOR needs to be there, especially since she is not a relative.

Malena just did not imprss me at all, but I don't think she is lying or inflating her job title. 

While I'm sure she had nothing to do with last year's drama, that still doesn't make sense...Heather and Khalyn were in the same rookie class and both have full time jobs. They put Khalyn in instead, so there's another reason. To not give her at least the same position back that they gave her last year indicates something happened...

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

To not give her at least the same position back that they gave her last year indicates something happened...

And that is why I wrote a post speculating what might have happened. Someone here posted she was in the doghouse. It was from something that happened last season. Considering last season was drama filled, I threw out a few theories. We may never know. All I know is, whatever it was, she came back, knowing she’d be punished for something and tried out anyway and made the team. Girl has guts. 

17 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I rewatched the episode with the panel interviews and it really makes me angry that they didn't cut Jessika.  She didn't know anything, even Charlotte said so!  How did she make it back???  It just boggles my mind.

Probably a favorite of  Kelli. Terri and Alyssa Torres were cut after they messed up panel interviews

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Let’s just say she has connections. She knows she’s untouchable. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Yes! I wish they at least would've circled back around and said Jessika made it to training camp because of x, y and z. Or shown her doing an outstanding job on her solo or something. But they just left us hanging and never explained!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Ugh, zero points so far the Cowboys today, this going to be a long year for the Cowboys and a long year for the SMU Mustangs, good thing the "Director of Recruiting" wants to be a DCC more than working for SMU. 

Personally, I think she needs to get away and stay away from the both of them. Some jobs/mrgs/positions/companies and extra curricular activities (paid or non-paid) just aren't worth it.

Hell, at this point, she should get away from football.  NBA, NCAA B-Ball, anyone ?

PS: Getting ready to watch the oldest NFL football rivalry...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, sATL said:

Ugh, zero points so far the Cowboys today, this going to be a long year for the Cowboys and a long year for the SMU Mustangs, good thing the "Director of Recruiting" wants to be a DCC more than working for SMU. 

I had to turn it off. My favorite player retired, I am not a Dak or Zeke fan and I don’t know who any of the new guys are. 

• Love 1