Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 8/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, JohnGalt said:

I haven’t heard much about Christina at all. She’s not really on my radar honestly. I will say she’s beloved by her teammates and she maintains her weight, so she has those two things going for her. I heard Kelli really liked her calendar pictures. As far as her dancing, I don’t really have much feedback there.

Finally found what I remember was said about Christina. Not sure how this aligns with it being said that she has "done things to some of the other girls"....

Edited by Agent Gully
fixing a poor sentence!
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DCCme said:

23 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Okay, what did I miss?  I read every page of this forum.  Is this from the post a while back about camp?

Anyway, if true, what a shame.  To try for however many years to get on a squad KNOWN for its public outreach and not have it in your heart to smile at little children, tells me that you are only using this opportunity for your own glorifying, to be able to say you were a DCC.  Even if that is true, you still have to be willing and able to smile through those moments you are not feeling.  

But Kelli is better than me because if you show that diva attitude to me, you would not be on the team next year.  If Kellli talked to her multiple times, then she had to know that she needed to kill it in auditions in order to make it back.  

But me, if I have to talk to you about your attitude, I would have just released you from the squad that year or the next.  

At the very least, at the end of the year meeting with the vets, I’d let you know not to bother reauditioning because of your funky attitude.

There’s a post with a link to a video of two little girls running to Lauren.  I totally did not get the vibe from Christina that everyone else did from the video. Her response seemed in keeping with others right around her.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I hadn’t seen the video when I made the post and was responding more specifically to a poster that said that Kelli had to talk to Christina a few times about her diva attitude, along with another poster that stated that their daughter went to an event and said that Christina was more standoffish.  Another poster also stated that Christina seemed standoffish at some event. Problem is, we all post so fast I could not go back and find all of the posts I was responding to.

When I saw the video, I didn’t really have too much of a problem.  She didn’t seem one way or the other.  Well maybe, she just flashed a quick smile but not a big deal to me.  And for the record, I like Christina and was hoping last year that she made the team.    But if the reports are true about an attitude, then yeah, you have to be a cheerleader at official events and be, you know, cheerful.  And if you cannot do that, then you do not need to be here.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Allegedly she smiled this year:)  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cassie went to UNT, Sam is at Texas A&M, Victoria - I forget where she is going.  Wasn't Dayton in Arizona for college?

When we say Cassie went to UNT did she actually attend or was it more like she set foot on campus once and then dropped it for dcc?

14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

All I meant was if you don’t like kids, as a DCC you have to pretend to.... I wasn’t really referring to Christina specifically. Kids are a pretty big part of their fan base actually... lots of little girls taking dance in North Texas  and going to DCC camps idolize them! 

That’s true and if she really was standoffish and rude during kids camps etc then yes she doesn’t deserve to be on the team. But if all we have is her not kissing up to cassie during a stressful work situation that has nothing to do with kids normally, then she was in the right. And again, if she ignored them on purpose (which doesn’t seem to be the case), she’s my favorite vet.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, go4luca said:

5b1ea4b6c3e20_laurenchild.jpg.84ec55b57bca24123fa4fa0f13880cf6.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures of any DCC, ever.  Lauren could not possibly be more adorable - I just love her, and I have never seen or heard anything that would give any indication that she isn't exactly what she appears to be - a genuinely sweet, kindhearted girl, with a big beautiful heart, who cherishes her time with outreach programs, and incidentally, kills it on the dance floor.  And for the love of heaven, Lennon is PRECIOUS, and just because she loves dressing up like a DCC doesn't mean she is being shoved into being one.  Seriously, how old is she?  Two?  How many of the rest of us dressed up like our mamas, wore their heels, tried on their lipstick, etc?  For that matter, I remember trying on my dad's cowboy boots and hats.  There is also a picture of me when I was probably Lennon's age, standing on a chair next to my mother at the stove with my little plastic pot, trying to stir things the way she was stirring them.  Fairly certain it didn't predestine my future somehow (spoiler alert:  I am neither a cowboy, nor a professional chef, nor a SAHM).

Also, and I get that I may be in the minority with this, but I love it when people include their families in what they are doing, whatever it is.  And I don't think that Judy is the only one who could or does bring her family around.  It seems as though it's very inclusive for those who want to take part - and Kelli has said multiple times that the people she works with are like family to her, and I love that.  This isn't a normative corporate environment, even if it has some of the same structures.  It's awesome that it's its own entity, and it kind of has to be, given the parameters of other teams versus the kind of team DCC is (and that's not meant to shade other teams, just to point out that there are some fundamental differences between them).

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

In other thoughts, Savannah.  Is.  So.  GORGEOUS.  I really, really hope they do something with that pic, it is way too beautiful not to showcase.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Now HERE is a nice picture of Savannah, I don't get how that awful one made the calendar when they have this...

I had a bathing suit JUST like that in the 80’s!   I think ocean pacific was the brand.  It looked awesome with a tan.  Funny how styles come back around. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Now HERE is a nice picture of Savannah, I don't get how that awful one made the calendar when they have this...

I've seen photos in Star Magazine that were better than the picture used in the calendar.  Or the girls post a picture on their social media accounts that are gorgeous, and they aren't used in the calendar or in the magazine.  And I realize everyone has a different opinion about what looks good, but how is it a group of people all managed to agree that picture of Savannah was good enough for the calendar?  Even this one is much better:)

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, raindancer said:

This is one of my favorite pictures of any DCC, ever.  Lauren could not possibly be more adorable - I just love her, and I have never seen or heard anything that would give any indication that she isn't exactly what she appears to be - a genuinely sweet, kindhearted girl, with a big beautiful heart, who cherishes her time with outreach programs...

When I originally found this photo looking through DCC USO tour photos, it sealed the deal for me forever being a Lauren fan.  I hope she stays long enough to make it to a group leader of some level.  I think she would make a great one.  Everything I've seen of her thus far, has shown her to be a wonderful ambassador for the organization & well liked by her teammates.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Gorg!! Maybe Scott the weatherman cud pic the calender shots?

• Love 8
15 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Really?  I just never saw a polished dancer when I looked at Dayton, just an average looking girl who looked totally unprepared.

Even if she were deaf and blind, that's no excuse for the things she's done to some of the other girls.

I am unaware of what Christina has done to other girls. I don't know her personally nor would I pretend to.

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just throwing it out there - if she were doing things to the other girls, I don't understand why Kelli would put up with it.  If you've got someone being a pot stirrer (and I've got personal feelings on that thanks to my former job), I would kick them off the squad.  Furthermore, if it took me so many years to become a DCC, I'd be thanking my lucky ummmm…... stars......sorry:)  But I wouldn't be doing anything to mess it up.  Then again, there's been a few negative comments about her here, so who knows.

"Don't give them a reason to cut you." -DCC Christina, Season 12

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

For what it’s worth, I think Christina is just one of those people who you have to get to know a little bit before her personality really shines through. I’ve talked to several people who didn’t feel any particular way about her after superficial interactions, but once they actually got to talk to her face to face and get a feel for who she is, they loved her. So while that isn’t exactly the perfect personality type for a DCC, it also doesn’t mean that she’s a nasty or rude person or doesn’t have the ability to do her job. She might just have to try a bit harder than other girls to keep her smile on. Camp DCC might not be the perfect fit for her. But she got the perseverance Barbie this year for a reason.

That said, it’s of course possible that maybe she doesn’t get along with every single girl on the team, or has had disagreements with some. The general feeling I get is that she is very well liked by her teammates. As far as things she has done to other girls on the team, I haven’t heard anything, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. I just tend to give the benefit of the doubt. I know that a lot of people were turned off when it first came out that Christina is dating Mandy’s ex, Slade Norris, but we have to remember a couple things when considering that situation. First, Christina and Mandy never cheered together or even auditioned at the same time. They’re not friends from what I gather. Second, Mandy and Slade broke up quite some time ago, so I personally don’t think Christina is in the wrong for dating him. If there are other events being referred to, I’m not aware of them and I doubt the poster who alluded to it will share anything further on that subject.

So it’s true that they give BArbies now for different reasons and not for a great performance/solo? Yes that’s what i got out of this post!

And dare I ask what VK’s barbie was for? Thanks for gracing the earth with your presence maybe?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

For what it’s worth, I think Christina is just one of those people who you have to get to know a little bit before her personality really shines through. I’ve talked to several people who didn’t feel any particular way about her after superficial interactions, but once they actually got to talk to her face to face and get a feel for who she is, they loved her. So while that isn’t exactly the perfect personality type for a DCC, it also doesn’t mean that she’s a nasty or rude person or doesn’t have the ability to do her job. She might just have to try a bit harder than other girls to keep her smile on. Camp DCC might not be the perfect fit for her. But she got the perseverance Barbie this year for a reason.

That said, it’s of course possible that maybe she doesn’t get along with every single girl on the team, or has had disagreements with some. The general feeling I get is that she is very well liked by her teammates. As far as things she has done to other girls on the team, I haven’t heard anything, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. I just tend to give the benefit of the doubt. I know that a lot of people were turned off when it first came out that Christina is dating Mandy’s ex, Slade Norris, but we have to remember a couple things when considering that situation. First, Christina and Mandy never cheered together or even auditioned at the same time. They’re not friends from what I gather. Second, Mandy and Slade broke up quite some time ago, so I personally don’t think Christina is in the wrong for dating him. If there are other events being referred to, I’m not aware of them and I doubt the poster who alluded to it will share anything further on that subject.

Well…..now you have me wondering what Charlotte's problem with Ann Lux was???

25 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Let’s discuss what the possible reasons are that Lindsey got cut. Anyone with insider info? Anyone? @JohnGalt?

I am so curious about this too!  She has barely been shown other than the comment Kelly made during uniform fittings about her wearing her hair up because she is a nurse.   

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well…..now you have me wondering what Charlotte's problem with Ann Lux was???

She had a meh interview, her solo was meh and Charlotte felt she blended on the field. Charlotte’s reasoning was they expect more out of veterans.

2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

She had a meh interview, her solo was meh and Charlotte felt she blended on the field. Charlotte’s reasoning was they expect more out of veterans.

Oh, I was comparing Ann's personality to how @JohnGalt described Christina.  Just have to get to know them, but yet Charlotte didn't seem happy with Ann for that.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, I was comparing Ann's personality to how @JohnGalt described Christina.  Just have to get to know them, but yet Charlotte didn't seem happy with Ann for that.

Okay. I get you. Yeah, Charlotte seemed to be ready to pounce on Ann at the interview. Something may have happened during the year. Guess we’ll never know.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KatieC said:

I am so curious about this too!  She has barely been shown other than the comment Kelly made during uniform fittings about her wearing her hair up because she is a nurse.   

Where was this comment made? I literally have went through the previews for tomorrow’s episode and can not find it. I’m sure I have missed it somewhere. 

Non sequitur...I just realized that Mia's next youngest sister Eden is a senior at TCU this year. I wonder if she will audition for DCC in the Spring. She was on the TCU dance team the past 3 years, I believe. (They haven't had this year's auditions yet.) From what understand, the dance team she is on is strictly a competitive team. They don't do football games and such. I think that's the TCU Showgirls, which is the team Kelsey Bond, Emma Dutton, and Jordan Daigle were on.

The next youngest sister Sage is a college sophomore, I think, so still a couple of years to see if she decides to go for DCC. Maybe another sister act in a few years?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

This one is a zillion times better than the pooping pic. I will never understand who picked that one for any sort of publication. It was awful. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Christineelgene said:
7 hours ago, TNgirl1992 said:

Where was this comment made? I literally have went through the previews for tomorrow’s episode and can not find it. I’m sure I have missed it somewhere. 

It was made at makeovers

Yeah, Kelli commented that she'll be wearing her hair in a cap because she just became a nurse.  All of you nurses out there are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they stopped wearing caps back in the 80s :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, Kelli commented that she'll be wearing her hair in a cap because she just became a nurse.  All of you nurses out there are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they stopped wearing caps back in the 80s :)

Maybe she's going to be an OR nurse.  They wear their hair in those poofy hats or they wear cloth scrub caps.  We could still choose to wear them and you will find the occasional old school soul who insists on wearing the cap.  When I graduated nursing school in 97, we were actually the first class to not wear our caps in our class photos.  I have NEVER put a nursing cap on my head and won't.  EVER.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Maybe she's going to be an OR nurse.  They wear their hair in those poofy hats or they wear cloth scrub caps.  We could still choose to wear them and you will find the occasional old school soul who insists on wearing the cap.  When I graduated nursing school in 97, we were actually the first class to not wear our caps in our class photos.  I have NEVER put a nursing cap on my head and won't.  EVER.  

My sister just graduated nursing school a couple of years ago and they all had those caps on in their class pic?. I didn’t know they still even made them. 

• Love 2
On 9/5/2018 at 5:58 AM, ByTor said:

That picture is better than the one they used, for sure, but I still don't love it. Her jawline disappears into her neck, and the way her hip is popped makes her right thigh look bigger than it is. Savannah is one of the most beautiful girls on the team, IMO, and I don't know why they struggled so much to capture that. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Trixi said:

Cut for weight?. Well she wasn’t fat when they picked the GLs?

D5D0D42E-398B-4CB5-A604-17B611DD039B.jpeg

If anyone should be cut for weight in that photo it should be Rachel - she looks quite thick.

Tara looks really pretty in that photo. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, rafibomb said:

That picture is better than the one they used, for sure, but I still don't love it. Her jawline disappears into her neck, and the way her hip is popped makes her right thigh look bigger than it is. Savannah is one of the most beautiful girls on the team, IMO, and I don't know why they struggled so much to capture that. 

Yeah, me neither. That swimsuit makes me think of a Mentos ad! Like you said, she's a beautiful girl but they don't know how to photographer her,  it seems.

My niece wore a cap at her nursing school graduation maybe six years ago (all the students did) but it was just for the ceremony. They never wear them at the hospital. She said she thought it was for hygiene reasons that they were scrapped.

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

If anyone should be cut for weight in that photo it should be Rachel - she looks quite thick.

Tara looks really pretty in that photo. 

I freaking love Rachel's body! I want her & Kashara's body! 

To me, it never looked like Tara put on a heap of weight, but she looked puffy in her face a lot. Her body still looks great but I feel like she wasn't looking healthly.. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Opine said:

I have such a girl crush on Malena.  She just looks like she would have so much class.  And, finally, a picture of Charlotte with a charming look on her face. 

I really like Malena too.  She has such an adorable personality and is soooooo pretty.   I love her facials when she dances too - just really fun to watch.

• Love 6

Love Malena so much. So so so much!

It is heartbreaking that she quit a dream job for training camp on tonight’s episode and I’m already dreading the final episode where she ultimately gets cut. This is one time I wish I didn’t read spoilers because it made this scene especially difficult knowing what ultimately happens. I’m going to be in tears watching that last episode... even more than for Auto Amy 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 8

WHOA Malena...I work at SMU and I asked around about her, and the person in the athletic office told me she still worked there. So either this person was confused, this person lied to me, or didn't want to say anything, because I was not expecting that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

WHOA Malena...I work at SMU and I asked around about her, and the person in the athletic office told me she still worked there. So either this person was confused, this person lied to me, or didn't want to say anything, because I was not expecting that.

I wonder if M went crawling back after she was cut? 

• Love 3

I really like Malena, but I feel like she's the prime example of someone who has been told she's special her entire life and when reality comes calling, she's unable to prioritize her life. And I 100% blame Kelli for feeding into that lie. 

Oh and VK shut the f up!  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I really like Malena, but I feel like she's the prime example of someone who has been told she's special her entire life and when reality comes calling, she's unable to prioritize her life. And I 100% blame Kelli for feeding into that lie. 

Oh and VK shut the f up!  

My God, VK is getting fatter week after week.  I was told she gained a lot of weight during camp, but I had no idea just how bad she was looking.  Gross.

• Love 7
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

My God, VK is getting fatter week after week.  I was told she gained a lot of weight during camp, but I had no idea just how bad she was looking.  Gross.

That's a bit harsher than I'd say it, but she is noticeably filling out. I don't think she's gross by any means, but I don't think she's DCC uniform ready. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I wonder if M went crawling back after she was cut? 

Good point. 

1 minute ago, Kethomp said:

Anyone else feel like those were some crocodile tears from VK about that cut or was that just me? Lol. 

Yep!  Anything for camera time. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Anyone else feel like those were some crocodile tears from VK about that cut or was that just me? Lol. 

She said best friend was cut and dreamed of making it together, I wonder if it was edited from Dayton's cut and added to Jasmine. Like, since when are you and Jasmine friends? How about never. 

• Love 7
Just now, Kethomp said:

I've sort of fast forwarded a lot thru this year's episodes - I have to binge watch to catch up one of these days.  But even the small amount I've watched, VK is "over-sad" "over-happy" "over-in awe" and over acting.

• Love 13