Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes....style is more power/Pom, kind of it’s own beast. Dayton is classically trained - ballet, pointe, lyrical, contemporary & jazz. 

How do you learn pom? I think a few studios here where we live offer pom classes as part of drill team prep for older girls.

Sorry for all of the questions! Thanks for answering. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yep....pulled over for speeding. Totally her fault and not making any excuses. Trust she got it from both sides, mine not filmed. ?

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. The good news is that those are the lessons that usually stick with us and help us grow up.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, look at Nicole H, Kelli, Jenn K, etc - there are a lot of talented ladies out there who had to learn the DCC style or who didn't make it to TC their first time.  Sydney, who's been dancing since she was how old, had to get help from Crystal.  It's just a different style, and then add to that learning so many dances - all while you are being followed by a camera.  

I remember Sydney struggled big time during TC.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

How do you learn pom? I think a few studios here where we live offer pom classes as part of drill team prep for older girls.

Paige posted a video of a Pom class with ladies of all ages & sizes...it looked like an exercise class that we could all sign up for!   And some of clients certainly had pop! 

6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s more of the follow thru punch, sharp, staccato movement. DCC style takes this and adds nuances of smooth, sexy moves through out the choreo. 

There are usually studios that offer drill team or power jazz. 

• Love 14

Few pages back some one mentioned the Olivia that was cut many seasons ago and never shown. Apologize if this is an asked an answered thing, but now it’s bugging me haha. Can anyone share the reason?

also, why was heather a second group leader last year and nothing this year? I saw a theory about Keyra proved wrong but nothing else. 

Edited by evasworld123
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Looking at Tara on the new episode and trying to find how in the world she was cut for weight....

I can see how she was cut for looks though after watching this ep. She looked rough during her swimsuit segment. 

• Love 4

Oh man! As someone who used to be a magnet for cops pulling me over, I feel for Dayton! I  don't think there's any acceptable excuse for being late in DCC world except for being dead. 

• Love 3

Ugh. I have been harping on Gina since the first time I saw her picture; didn't like her smirk and didn't like anything we saw on the show. I will have to say she is a fantastic dancer and this is probably the only picture (bikini issues aside) I've seen where I haven't wanted to punch the attitude out of her. Lookin' good girl! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She took 20-30 hours a week for all of her teenage years, spent several weeks away at intensives every summer from the age of 12, honing her skills. This may not be her path, but she is talented or she would have never landed the RCL job. DCC is very different than studio/concert performance life. 

She's young, beautiful, and talented....she's destined for success

• Love 14
3 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

Poor Dayton...I feel like every week they're just going to show something that's "wrong" with her until she gets cut. :(

I’m sure that’s how it’s going to play out and explains Dayton’s comments. She knew these kind of things were filmed... And honestly, even if one wants to argue that Kelli shows no favoritism towards VK... I can’t believe she wouldn’t even let anyone criticize VK but won’t protect Dayton from this kind of exposure. Don’t even tell me there’s nothing she can do because we all know that some things are not even filmed or never shown on tv, so she could have done the same for Dayton.

1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Except what's up with the top being crooked and ill-fitting?  I mean, I get the concept of a little too small for underboob sex appeal, but that just looks wonky.  

I can’t unsee it now. I kinda liked te picture from the face down but I hate the crooked line and bad photoshop. Does the photographer/editor hate these girls or something?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now this a great pic.

this is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen of Gina - just totally gorgeous (and I love her longer hair). 

Couldn't link the pic of Maddie from earlier, but my thoughts there are more that they should have gone more with fun and cute than sexy and serious.  That pic could have been amazing if they had caught her laughing, and not so much posed as caught in a relaxed moment.  It would have been original and fun, whereas the one they captured seems forced.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Except what's up with the top being crooked and ill-fitting?  I mean, I get the concept of a little too small for underboob sex appeal, but that just looks wonky.  

Under boob to da left 

Edited by lfedncr
Spelling
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

This is the #1 thing that bothers me and shows the blatant favoritism. Kelli is CONSTANTLY commenting on feet, and whether you like VKs spastic dancing (JAY, CHARLOTTE) or not (everyone with eyes), you can deny that her feet are a MESS. 

Nothing to add, just wanted to say that I love you!

56 minutes ago, KeepitTiki said:

It’s really unfair to Dayton that people are assuming she didn’t want this. Not everyone has the type of personality where they’re constantly screaming at the top of their lungs about what they want or doing backflips in excitement over an opportunity. Dayton prefers to move in silence and that doesn’t mean she wants it any less than anyone else. I totally get it because my personality is similar, and it’s not disinterest it’s just understanding that not everyone can be “rah rah rah, omg I’m so happy” all the time. 

Yeah I mean last season they had Cassie saying you don’t have to be a smiley cheerleader if you “lay down the law”, but I guess once again they proved this is only true if you were pushed out of the right hooha.

• Love 16

I got a speeding ticket on Monday so I really feel for Dayton. And when you're young and get pulled over, it can feel downright scary. But I'm not surprised she got nailed for tardiness to makeovers by Kelli.  

At the same time, she's got to be having a great time dancing for the cruise line. If she comes back in a few years and still wants to give DCC another shot, she certainly can. We've seen a number of comeback girls do just that over the years. And she's young enough that she has the time to get the style down.

Ugh I can't stand the "pulling my pants down" swimsuit pose. Please for the love of all things just stop.  That picture of Miranda doesn't even look like her! It's like the photographer went all Bob Ross with the contouring tools and totally changed her face. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Omg Nicole Hamilton is on next weeks episode! 

Nicole is Instagram Nikki1124. Doing exceptionally well & still an angel!!  Those were the days when she was on the squad with her contemporaries?!!   Seems like the quality of the more recent squads can't touch the quality of those on past squads when the great majority of the girls were phenomenal dancers with phenomenal showmanship.  These days there are a few really great ones per squad. ?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bunny said:

ezgif-5-24e69c6d77.gif

I must agree 110%  This is the worst picture out of all of the bad pictures that were taken on the Bimini trip.  I don't know who the photogs were or who in the f* authorized these pics....but they should all have their arses kicked!!!

• Love 12

I triple dog dare every one of us to say “Prune” in our next photo and post the results!

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now this a great pic.

Someone explain to me how these photographers can make photogenic girls look horrible and Gina look fantastic? How is this possible?

• Love 13
5 hours ago, raindancer said:

this is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen of Gina - just totally gorgeous (and I love her longer hair). 

Couldn't link the pic of Maddie from earlier, but my thoughts there are more that they should have gone more with fun and cute than sexy and serious.  That pic could have been amazing if they had caught her laughing, and not so much posed as caught in a relaxed moment.  It would have been original and fun, whereas the one they captured seems forced.

Only thing I don't like about the pic (and it is NOTHING to do with Gina) is how the underboob is peeking out from under the bikini top...otherwise this is a gorgeous pic of Gina! 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Why didn't Victoria get the same talking to that Dayton got?  From what I could see from last night's episode, Victoria was all over the place!

Couldn't agree more!  She was so out of control!  She was knocking herself off her balance.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

It’s really unfair to Dayton that people are assuming she didn’t want this. Not everyone has the type of personality where they’re constantly screaming at the top of their lungs about what they want or doing backflips in excitement over an opportunity. Dayton prefers to move in silence and that doesn’t mean she wants it any less than anyone else. I totally get it because my personality is similar, and it’s not disinterest it’s just understanding that not everyone can be “rah rah rah, omg I’m so happy” all the time. 

But we're talking about candidacy and potential employment for a cheerleading squad.  No matter what you are pursuing, you have to at least act like you want it.

• Love 16

Dayton is obviously not the most outgoing person. I get that, being quite introverted myself. That being said, I felt she was a lot more enthusiastic last year when she auditioned. This year she comes across as overwhelmed and somewhat defeated. I stand by my statement that she does not have that fire in her this time around. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

Yes, but expecting her not to be called out for perceived disinterest is not going to happen. They gave Ann Lux hell in season 6 for her “lack of heart,” with her response being that she had a different personality than the other cheerleaders. And even though I liked Ann, I agreed with Charlotte’s response. This is a cheerleading squad, and those with introverted, meek personalities aren’t going to be received well unless they can overcome it.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Grammar
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

As an aside.....WHERE is Lauren? Was she not featured at all in Bimini? Have any photos of her been posted on IG or elsewhere? 

There are pictures of Lauren in Bimini at the calendar shoot floating around on IG and some of the girls' IG pages. Read someplace she did not want to do the shoot due to her job. Kelli and Judy saw nothing wrong with it, so they took her along because she is an outstanding DCC on and off the field and bonding with the other girls.

16 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Dayton is obviously not the most outgoing person. I get that, being quite introverted myself. That being said, I felt she was a lot more enthusiastic last year when she auditioned. This year she comes across as overwhelmed and somewhat defeated. I stand by my statement that she does not have that fire in her this time around. 

I agree.  Who knows what her personality is in real life.  On the show she seems miserable to be in training camp.  I would say the same thing about any cheerleader who isn't the daughter of a legacy.  Obvi Kelli and Judy picked up on this as well. 

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Why didn't Victoria get the same talking to that Dayton got?  From what I could see from last night's episode, Victoria was all over the place!

I think her turn is coming next week per the previews.  However, being out of control and stumbling on your footwork on a new dance isn’t as bad as standing there looking completely clueless not even doing the choreography like some of the others (Dayton, Malena, Kristin) were doing, so I agree with the call ins.  Kristin probably should have been called in too - and maybe she was and they didn’t show it?  Don’t they do that sometimes?

• Love 6

I'm confused on how Malena is the "Director of SMU Football Recruiting" at age 24. What am I missing? If I were an SMU Football fan, the last thing I would want is my director of recruiting to be a DCC. Where the heck is Malena going to have the time to promote and improve the SMU Football team if she has to be a DCC 24/7. Something seems off how she phrased her job..... Is she "THE" Director of SMU Football Recruiting, meaning she has the top job.........or is she "A" Director of SMU Football Recruiting, meaning she is one of many in this position??? Poor SMU Mustangs Football, it's been a rough handful of decades now. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She took 20-30 hours a week for all of her teenage years, spent several weeks away at intensives every summer from the age of 12, honing her skills. This may not be her path, but she is talented or she would have never landed the RCL job. DCC is very different than studio/concert performance life. 

Don't misread my comments to think I was talking down about Dayton or the direction she has taken. I wasn't. I was commenting on the assumption being made above that Dayton being a DCC was more about outside influence and less about personal desire. I do still believe Dayton would be a killer DCC, BUT I think she has chosen a better path and by choosing that path, she has shown that she has a brain outside of "Be a DCC, Be a DCC" like Victoria Kalina seems to have. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jennv said:

As per SMU's website, the director of Recruiting for the football team is Rajeeb Hossain. Malena is not listed as employee of the football staff

I work at SMU. Malena works with Emma Brown as the director of recruiting operations (more back of house stuff). Her name just hasn’t been added to the website yet. 

2 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Yeah something is weird or off there.  

See my most recent post :)

• Love 12