Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

was probably in the inbetween time when she stopped plumping them - her lips were huge back in the day when she played Billie on Days of Our Lives. If memory serves me correctly (lol) she had a phase where she let them be more "normal" and then decided to go back to the full lip situation. ;)

I hate to say this, but every time I look at her, I think of a vagina ....... Not that I know exactly what one looks like.   They are  not what one would call pretty or sexy IMO of course.  Maybe Harry likes them.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“My dawtah got accepted into Hahvud. Maybe I’ll wear this when I help move hah into hah dorm.”

I thoroughly take back when I said I felt sorry for her.   Back then I wondered what JP Morgan thought about the I crazy things she's said and done.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Dorinda WAS drunk, and she IS a drunk.  There is just no way around that.

For those who think Beth some how set her up or contributed to her drunken scene, I say you are being naïve (perhaps well intentioned, but naïve).  You can't stop a drunk from drinking.  Beth did say they had a few drinks before the dinner.  Clearly Beth had a FEW drinks.  Clearly Dorinda had MANY, MANY drinks.  How is that on Beth??  I wonder whose idea it was to stop for a drink?  I wonder if Dorinda helped herself to a few in the privacy of a hotel room or something?   That's the thing about being around drunks, they are so darn good at manipulating  situations and they are sneaky.  Before you know it there you are at some important dinner meeting with a drunk friend/co-worker who you try your best to contain/explain.  You will be judged by the company you keep.  You may even find yourself criticized for somehow "allowing" your grown @ss friend/co-worker to become that sloppy.  Hanging out with a drunk is a "no win" situation.

Beth has the weary look of someone well acquainted with drunks.  She just glazes over.  She didn't bother trying to deflect.  It is what it is.  Dorinda was drunk and made a fool of herself and made everyone else uncomfortable.  Beth only offended the slightest of explanation.  I think her downplaying Richard was just part of her attempting to downplay the whole scene.  

Dorinda caused the scene.  She sure the heck can't complain about how Beth attempted to set things right after she stumbled out.  That is ALL on Dorinda.

But as I said, Beth seems to understand how drunks operate.  She knew Dorinda would be on the plane the next day. 

Beth said "you're drunk" or "you're a drunk".  What does it matter.  They are both true.

I've thought from the very first time Dorinda was introduced to the RHONY franchise, that girl's got a drinking problem.  Her relationship with John is more about her relationship with booze.  Drunks keep strange company (any company who can normalize their drinking).

BTW, I like sober Dorinda.  I really do.  

I don't know that Dorinda had to supplement her drinking to be as obnoxious as she can  be. I do believe last season when they were in Vermont, or maybe Mexico or both, Dorinda didn't make one of the dinners because she had gone to take a rest and didn't get up.  At this point with Dorinda I don't think it is the amount I think it is ANY alcohol trips her trigger.  I do believe Dorinda's biggest trigger is her desire to be the center of attention. When that isn't the case Dorinda starts trouble and becomes the center of attention.  Bethenny just refuses to fuel Dorinda's attention engine largely because she is too busy fueling her own.

Dorinda has no soul when it comes to these other women.  I cannot imagine in her real life she can treat people the way she treats her RHOBH friends.  Maybe that is why John hangs around to pick up the pieces.

It is kind of funny-Bethenny keeps issuing these ultimatums about so and so not going on one of her trips and ultimately it seems Bravo decides who will go on the trips if Bethenny wants them filmed.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ezzy4 said:

So I don't get it. . . It ISN'T her job to police her, but it IS her job to prevent her from doing something?? 

Pick a lane.

Beth had two choices really.  Invite Dorinda or don't invite Dorinda.  Once she issued the invitation, all she could do was hope Dorinda would behave appropriately.  She can't control or police another grown up. 

With all due respect, my lane is the lane that if Bethenny didn't want to be embarrassed by her co-worker, she shouldn't have brought an overserved co-worker to a dinner.  We all know she did so for production value, but I'm betting if BF didn't want her there due to her inebriated state, she would have had her way.  Ultimately, the dinner could/should have been cancelled from the filming schedule, but when Bravo sees an opportunity... 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I am still an Erika fan and I do have a board alter ego named KungFuKitty, but I'm still just a bunny

Kung_bf7930_1059143.gif

This is what would have happened had Heather Dubrow not fled from OC but mixed it up one time too many with Kelly Dodd.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SCS said:

This is what would have happened had Heather Dubrow not fled from OC but mixed it up one time too many with Kelly Dodd.

Heather would have ended up with hexagonal ice up her ass.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Interesting observations about this week's episode, Dorinda's tweet and Carole's tweet:  http://tamaratattles.com/2018/05/11/dorinda-medley-proves-luanns-point-by-sending-her-an-aggressive-tweet/

Tamara proves that she doesn't understand sarcasm.

As to Luann's tweet, her use of the phrase "in an effort to appear relevant" is mean and (not so) passive aggressive imo.  Had I written it, I would have said "in an effort to appear knowledgeable on the subject".

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. I want her/him.  What's the name

I wish I knew.   I want him/her too but unfortunately this one isn't one of mine (I have five). I stumbled across the picture, fell in love and saved it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

So here's the thing. If bethenny wanted screen time for PR and her charity, which housewife could she bring who wouldn' be drunk, completely disinterested, or like a potential bomb of crazy?

Luann? Drunk, disinterested

Tins? Disinterested, possible crazy

Sonja? Drunk, disinterested, crazy

Ramona? Total crazy, possible drunk, likely disinterested

Carole? Disinterested and having issues with Bethenny

That leaves Dorinda, who is likely drunk but interested and *usually* not utterly crazy. Someone had to go, for all we know they drew straws off screen. So Bethenny's responsibility in knowing she was inviting a possible drunk? Yeah, kind of a non issue to me. Who could she have invited to wanted to be there and who doesn't have an obvious alcohol problem?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I wish I knew.   I want him/her too but unfortunately this one isn't one of mine (I have five). I stumbled across the picture, fell in love and saved it.

Grumpy cat is uber popular - she even has stuffed animals and other products in her likeness :) 

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Interesting observations about this week's episode, Dorinda's tweet and Carole's tweet:  http://tamaratattles.com/2018/05/11/dorinda-medley-proves-luanns-point-by-sending-her-an-aggressive-tweet/

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same social media person, and that the person tweeted both messages... messy messy.

• Love 2

Bethenny said, "You're a drunk." I use closed captioning, plus it was plain as day. Don't know why a self proclaimed "straight shooter" like Beth would try to claim differently. 

I despise Bethenny but I respect her efforts in Puerto Rico. And Michael Caponi was the king of the South Beach nightclub scene in the 90s - I'm glad he's turned his life into doing good works. That's really admirable. 

I'm in the minority, but I still like Carole. 

• Love 4

I was just checking the recordings on my DVR.  I noticed that next week, 5/23, is the Christmas Berkshires episode.  Yay!

?☃️????????????

17 minutes ago, missy jo said:

Bethenny said, "You're a drunk." I use closed captioning, plus it was plain as day. Don't know why a self proclaimed "straight shooter" like Beth would try to claim differently. 

I despise Bethenny but I respect her efforts in Puerto Rico. And Michael Caponi was the king of the South Beach nightclub scene in the 90s - I'm glad he's turned his life into doing good works. That's really admirable. 

I like Carole too.  I like all the women....except Ramona and Sonja.  They bore me.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

So here's the thing. If bethenny wanted screen time for PR and her charity, which housewife could she bring who wouldn' be drunk, completely disinterested, or like a potential bomb of crazy?

That leaves Dorinda, who is likely drunk but interested and *usually* not utterly crazy. Someone had to go, for all we know they drew straws off screen. So Bethenny's responsibility in knowing she was inviting a possible drunk? Yeah, kind of a non issue to me. Who could she have invited to wanted to be there and who doesn't have an obvious alcohol problem?

We have seen Luann sober this season and she was already doing volunteer work in Fla. when this was filmed, she would have been the better choice, except that without some drama, like drunk Dorinda provided, much of the PR footage could have been edited out. Bravo doesn't care about any charity, even Bethenny's, unless there is drama during whatever charity event happens, so, IMO, Bethenny took Dorinda knowing she would make an ass out of herself on camera. Sorry, not sorry, shame on Bravo, shame on Dorinda and shame on Bethenny for using Dorinda so that Bravo would feature her charity.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I agree!   And as far as what happened......it's all on Dorinda.   She's the one who drank in her room in between having wine with Bethenny and dinner. Blaming someone else is enabling the drunk.   They always claim it was someone else's fault. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Yea Dorinda is the problem with the last episode. Anyone who grew up with,  or spent any time with a drunk will know that it's always going to be your fault and the drink-ee is never ever at fault. As a matter of fact it's still my fault that my mother married her entirely unsuitable and felonious second husband and it's also my fault that I didn't push him off the boat before the wedding ceremony. 

Dorinda might make it nice when she's sober but she never makes it easy when she's drinking. 

I was kind of appalled when Bethenny blurted out that she's a drunk and I was clapping on the inside. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Why did she have to bring anyone? If it was enough PR for screen time, would it not have been ok to have gone on her own?

Why did she have to bring someone from the RH show? 

• Love 1

My assumption is that filming Bethenny all alone might be dull to the viewers who watch the show for housewife interaction and feeds the view that Bethenny has control over what is filmed. I lean towards the first and cite carole's marathon and her inviting Tinsley despite Tinsley not being best pals at that point

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

My assumption is that filming Bethenny all alone might be dull to the viewers who watch the show for housewife interaction and feeds the view that Bethenny has control over what is filmed. I lean towards the first and cite carole's marathon and her inviting Tinsley despite Tinsley not being best pals at that point

This makes me wonder if Bethenny had to make a deal to have a 2nd HW to film going to PR with her, just to have that segment filmed. Was this a deal that Bethenny had to make to get her trip to PR on film?

Was it not worth it to Bravo to film it with just Bethenny? 

• Love 7

Luann is not a drunk (alcoholic).  It seems like celebrities like to medicalize their selfishness and poor behavior by escaping to rehab/checking into a hospital after they screw up.  Dorinda is a drunk (alcoholic).  She can't seem to ever be able handle her liquor, makes excuses and is always sorry.         

• Love 2
2 hours ago, missy jo said:

I heard both "you are a drunk" and you're drunk" (watched a couple of times).  I do know that closed captioning can be wrong but I do not know which is right in this case.  I tend to believe B since she said it and one version of what she said  is not better than the other.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I heard both "you are a drunk" and you're drunk" (watched a couple of times).  I do know that closed captioning can be wrong but I do not know which is right in this case.  I tend to believe B since she said it and one version of what she said  is not better than the other.

Once people called her out on SM she said she would own the fact that she said "you're a drunk."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Yea Dorinda is the problem with the last episode. Anyone who grew up with,  or spent any time with a drunk will know that it's always going to be your fault and the drink-ee is never ever at fault. As a matter of fact it's still my fault that my mother married her entirely unsuitable and felonious second husband and it's also my fault that I didn't push him off the boat before the wedding ceremony. 

Dorinda might make it nice when she's sober but she never makes it easy when she's drinking. 

I was kind of appalled when Bethenny blurted out that she's a drunk and I was clapping on the inside. 

I completely agree with you, but I can also say that anyone who grew up with a drunk would not say, "let's get the boozing started! Here's some alcohol!".  Because we know how it's going to end up.  And that's why I give the side eye to Bethenny (who I do like) on this one.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

So I don't get it. . . It ISN'T her job to police her, but it IS her job to prevent her from doing something?? 

Pick a lane.

Beth had two choices really.  Invite Dorinda or don't invite Dorinda.  Once she issued the invitation, all she could do was hope Dorinda would behave appropriately.  She can't control or police another grown up. 

It is interresting that Beth greatly  benefits off mentally instable co-workers.

First, it was Kelly Bensimon and now Dorinda Medley.

She is a special kind of friend, the kind nobody needs, imo.

wait, Michael Capone is involved in that train wreck??????

wow!

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Regarding the dead horse that is the Bethenny/Dorinda "you're a drunk" discussion, I'll finalize my comments by saying that imo, Bethenny should have known that Dorinda had the huge potential to embarrass not only Bethenny and her colleagues but Dorinda herself.  She was with her in the hours preceding the dinner by her own words, and there is enough filmed history to know the result of Dorinda's excess.

Is it Bethenny's job to police her?  Of course not, but it might be her job to prevent her from attending a dinner with disaster written all over it.  I don't care how many "drunks" Bethenny has spent time with in her life, she isn't a psychiatrist/chologist, and shouldn't make pronouncements like she is one.  They're co-workers, not friends.  If my co-worker called me a drunk, true or not, there would be trouble.

dead horse.gif

I'm chuckling at the irony here.  "Stop beating the dead horse while I beat the dead horse!"

• Love 11
11 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Luann is not a drunk (alcoholic).  It seems like celebrities like to medicalize their selfishness and poor behavior by escaping to rehab/checking into a hospital after they screw up.  Dorinda is a drunk (alcoholic).  She can't seem to ever be able handle her liquor, makes excuses and is always sorry.         

Luann has said she was drinking a lot-before her arrest.  She claims she was drinking seven drinks a day.  Since her arrest she has eliminated alcohol from her life and said it is working for her.    I think the court was pretty clear when releasing Luann alcohol was a problem for her and she needed to deal with it.

I look at it this way Luann doesn't have alcohol to blame for her behavior as long as she is not drinking.

I find the difference between Dorinda and Luann's drinking is that Dorinda gets very aggressive when she drinks-Luann seems to be the party girl.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann has said she was drinking a lot-before her arrest.  She claims she was drinking seven drinks a day.  Since her arrest she has eliminated alcohol from her life and said it is working for her.    I think the court was pretty clear when releasing Luann alcohol was a problem for her and she needed to deal with it.

I look at it this way Luann doesn't have alcohol to blame for her behavior as long as she is not drinking.

I find the difference between Dorinda and Luann's drinking is that Dorinda gets very aggressive when she drinks-Luann seems to be the party girl.

And Sonja becomes kissy-kissy. A hot mess.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 5:21 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

A whole entire mess.  I hope Kristi's last name/co name wasn't on screen.     Sonja replied "it's inspected every year"   {{umpirevoice}} Steeeeerike!  The Otis Corporation and The Google say elevators in nyc whether commercial or residential must be inspected no less than thrice in a 24 month period and tested on a run once during that span.   

This requires some help from any willing furparent.   Imaginary housekeeper notwithstanding, why would you pick it up to shelve it on a yard rock?  Safekeeping?    One pointless painted boulder and a handful of poo is a stage 2 hoarder starter kit.  The thread is called "I had plans for that rock."  I shit you not (intended).   

Full disclosure? I'm this pain in the ass at restaurants.   About condiments.  Not in an *oh my the myriad possible combinations of how my eggs may be prepared, will wonders never cease* kinda way but in a yes, motherfucker, extra means more than the standard amount you would normally distribute.   Now unless you're the boss of all the remoulade, drown that shit and fill up my fuckin ramekin like I asked, because I control the distribution.  On the side.   Team Sally Albright.  Judge your mama.   <-- paraphrasing.  Never be mean to your waitstaff.  Dead serious about the definition of extra. 

what are we up to, #7?  

Capable of reciting every bar trivia cross-franchise sports statistic that ever broke a record, but can't remember your anniversary (which isn't the fuck like Easter, the date never changes)

I don't believe I've ever seen any of the others get hostile when they're drunk.    Maybe it's regarded as not so bad because they're funny or silly or making turtle circles with their hips or, hella inappropriately affectionate or literally falling down wasted.    Dorinda is the kinda drunk it's hard to find adorable because she uses that opportunity to free stuff it sounds like she's been holding in saying to you when she's sober.   The consonants are jumbled but the words are authentic.   

Trappings?  The first thing that came to mind was Paris Hilton's purse chihuahuas.   Or (RhoBH) Erika Jayne's dominatrix act back up dancers if she has any.   

Thank you for the thread pull.  The exact point of this argument is Dorinda's behavior was construed and manipulated to make Beth look good.   Ya'll?  How does this work exactly?  Either Bethenny deliberately, actively set Dorinda up in an attempt to make herself look good or she's a premonitory enabler, passively responsible for Dorinda's decline?   So either she did it on purpose knowing full well what was gonna happen or she didn't but should've known because she has experience with drunks and with Dorinda.     Both of which reflect well on Beth?  Doesn't the plan depend on Dorinda fucking up for it to work?   Benefit again, please? 

This is the other thing.  Dorinda said in her blog she didn't see Beth between going back to the room and dinner.    So when *it slips Dorinda's mind* that there is a dinner and she gets a call and doesn't or isn't allowed to say I can't make it, she comes downstairs and meets everybody at the table - refresh my memory somebody, isn't Dorinda meeting the group for the first time at the table?   When before that was Beth supposed to have determined that she was smashed? 

Saying you're a drunk or you're drunk, whichever one it may have been, makes deflection difficult.   The next day on the plane and in a subsequent TH, Dorinda remarks at how big a deal Beth is making about it as it's not really her every day.  Ya'll got me all messed up, studying the grassy knoll.   Please explain how in the bluedilly fuck (™ @Vixenstud) the phrasing affects:  There Is Something Wrong With Aunt Dorinda!    Ya'll sound like the Warren Commission lol.  You're better than this, you're smarter than this and doggone it, people like you.   I'll go head and finish it for you (unlike Bethenny) ba dum bum.  Okay we got that out of our system, now seriously, tell me how the words you use to confront an alcoholic are more important than their drinking problem.

Lol!!  Capable of inspiring vitriolic levels of passionate dislike.   

giphy.gif

and who doesn't love a good simile huh?   

you betta!

giphy.gif

Your average American is not a particularly high set bar.   I don't know which was worse Dorinda's expression of skepticism that the organization could accomplish what it had or that even after being corrected, the entire table is listening to a woman who thought 2010 was 4 years before.    Bless his heart, Michael attributed her doubt to their ability to make an impact in such a short time, not that she's an asshole.   When Dorinda's point sounded to me like:  from the work my husband used to do, I know significant change is not possible because the government is corrupt, because the people don't use the land properly for agriculture, because it's more likely for a Haitian child to be sold into labor than to go to school.   The (in)complete scope of knowledge of the issues she's trying to sound important talking about came from being adjacent to her late husband.  Which wouldn't be bad if she covered it from all angles.   Talk about the environment that creates and breeds corruption, or the climate that makes the soil untillable.   But you sittin up at this table in your Pucci dress, on your first aid visit with people out here doing real shit, tearing down their work because it doesn't fit your narrative?  As long as we're making presidential correlations, this is much closer to why even help this shithole of a country than anything Beth said.     

I don't like how B described Richard because it was unkind and unnecessary.   As an explanation to why this sloppy ues housewife is looking down on their humanitarian efforts, I get how it came out.   I don't like it, but I get it.  

giphy.gif

It'd be almost impossible to explain the ivy league admissions qualifications of the 43rd president without it.

As was pointed out to Tami Roman about her claims of a bad edit after her first season on reality TV:  editing can only take stuff out.   They can't put it in.   

There’s not much in life that gets me as excited as a (or is it an?) @ZaldamoWilder post. 

F1647EC7-0B64-4A3C-B2FC-9D4FC3BE8891.gif

If we’ve been knocked off the rails by your post, then I say we never should have been on the rails in the first place. 

Edited by CaliCat
Moving stuff around, grammar question
  • Love 4
On 5/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, Any day now said:

Luann has always been awkward around Victoria and Noel.

Victoria looked puffier than usual. Is she OK ? I always liked Luann's kids.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, ezzy4 said:

Beth said "you're drunk" or "you're a drunk".  What does it matter.  They are both true.

Labeling someone that rudely is a problem for me, Dorinda is a human being with complex qualities not all bad, or alcohol related. But the real prob for me was Bethenny schooling we, her viewers, the great unwashed, on SM the fact that we don’t understand nuance and she never said. “A drunk”.  She said it. Liar. 

On 5/16/2018 at 6:17 PM, missy jo said:

She is a liar. 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:12 PM, biakbiak said:

Once people called her out on SM she said she would own the fact that she said "you're a drunk."

Nice try Bethenny ! 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Labeling someone that rudely is a problem for me, Dorinda is a human being with complex qualities not all bad, or alcohol related. But the real prob for me was Bethenny schooling we, her viewers, the great unwashed, on SM the fact that we don’t understand nuance and she never said. “A drunk”.  She said it. Liar. 

She is a liar. 

Nice try Bethenny ! 

What she is, is an operator.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

What she is, is an operator.

Agree. She is damned determined to out  hustle her dad’s hustle and out interior design/decorate her mom’s career to satisfy her childhood abandonment anger and to spite them. It is not going to solve or heal her past or future. Damaging, she would have a future of fulfillment and calm if she could self reflect on that. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Agree. She is damned determined to out  hustle her dad’s hustle and out interior design/decorate her mom’s career to satisfy her childhood abandonment anger and to spite them. It is not going to solve or heal her past or future. Damaging, she would have a future of fulfillment and calm if she could self reflect on that. 

I don't know how many if any here are actual psychologists/psychiatrists, but we are all of a similar mind that Bethenny is somehow damaged by her parents and her upbringing (justified or not - up for debate).  She is a smart woman, she should spend at least as much time in a therapist's office (no, not the one who agreed to have her sessions filmed for Bethenny Gets Married), a real honest-to-goodness therapist, as she spends filming this shit show (a shit show I love).  She should be smart enough to know that she is visiting her demons on her daughter, and will continue to do so.  

I really believe that she thinks her successes cancel out any baggage she carries around.  That because she has a lot of zeroes and commas in the bank, she surely has overcome.

She hasn't.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't know how many if any here are actual psychologists/psychiatrists, but we are all of a similar mind that Bethenny is somehow damaged by her parents and her upbringing (justified or not - up for debate).  She is a smart woman, she should spend at least as much time in a therapist's office (no, not the one who agreed to have her sessions filmed for Bethenny Gets Married), a real honest-to-goodness therapist, as she spends filming this shit show (a shit show I love).  She should be smart enough to know that she is visiting her demons on her daughter, and will continue to do so.  

I really believe that she thinks her successes cancel out any baggage she carries around.  That because she has a lot of zeroes and commas in the bank, she surely has overcome.

She hasn't.

Put me down for 100 likes!!!! :-) 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Just finished watching and some thoughts about the dinner:

Dorinda was drunk but still had her bearings about her during the dinner and she and the Michael guy were having a nice discussion about Haiti (he brought Haiti into the discussion, not Dorinda), the guy was interested in the conversation. Either b grasped that (the interest of Michael for Dorinda's take) and got her feathers ruffled or she didn't grasp it and went immediately to Dorinda is messing me up with these guys so she said something dismissive of and towards Dorinda. Dorinda immediately (while drunk yet still having her bearings!) got the dismissive words/tone and said Don't do that (don't dismiss me).  And THAT is why Dorinda brought up her past with Richard, to show b and the table that she wasn't just blathering on and didn't know what she was talking about. And b had to then turn it into a thing and Dorinda was correct when she was talking, walking away from the table. Yes, b, you are like a raisin, you ruin everything.

And she did say You're a drunk. 

eta And Dorinda had enough bearings about her to order a Diet Coke and to start eating some food to sober up! I mean, yes Dorinda is responsible for her own drinking and actions when drunk. But b played her usual stick it to  someone schemes and caused the dinner to escalate. She got what she wanted when she realized Dorinda had Michael's ear and that was to dismiss Dorinda from the table.

I also think that the discussion at the table would have been exactly the same topics even if Dorinda had been sober. There was depth to it, the others were interested and b is just Mememememememe and couldn't handle it.

I don't even think Bethenny understood the point Dorinda was trying to make. From what I could understand, she was trying to point out the corruption and lack of infrastructure both islands had to begin with before their devastating events, and isn't it frustrating or like banging your head against a wall to provide all this aid and money, only to have it misused or "disappear".  I think Bethenny took that to mean "aren't you just wasting your time?" and took offense, derailing the conversation, pissing off Dorinda in the process, hence another drunken Dorinda tirade.

I still love Dorinda. She doesn't seem to know her limit with drinks as far as not getting sloppy, spitting drunk, and needs to address that, but, for the most part, her outbursts (imo) are triggered by something someone says or does. Her usually somewhat valid opinion/point is often dismissed because she is just written off as being drunk on a rampage which only makes it worse, or people are too busy laughing as they duck out of the way of her windmilling arm movements. Not to mention, Dorindish can be quite difficult to decipher. I don't know if she's an alcoholic, but she definitely overindulges and should be more aware of her intake and how it is affecting her.

• Love 3