Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: One Ton Family: Part 1 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, leFay said:

Fear of now having their drug of choice and having to deal with life without it is the fear addicts have, so yeah

The problem is (and I am guilty of this too sometimes, I call it eating for sport) food is their main entertainment. I remember an older episode after the patient lost a lot of weight they were depressed and crying and said "I lost my only friend", she didn't know what to do with herself once food was not the center of her life.

• Love 10

Late to the party, and just started the episode, but need to chime in to say that’s an awful lot to expect of one pair of underwear.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I really wonder, what is it about the car ride that is so hard on these folks who rarely move anyway?  Is it because they're sitting instead of lying down, so maybe they're bodies don't like that upright angles?

Think that all of their fat and being crammed into a seat probably constricts the blood flow and nerves in their legs - hence the numbness and pain.

• Love 5
(edited)

Nice to see if she is in the 500s!!!????

Hey, Ya’ll, 800 is a mistake!!  Already she’s saying the scale is wrong.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, leFay said:

Preview of the rest of the show:
1) this is hard
2) I have stress
3) I'm only cheating a little
4) Dr. Now doesn't understand
5) I can do this my way

Also, "And I don't understand why these portion sizes are so small."

• Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Be safe! Hope it passes by you! 

Dang - Just got another warning when she stepped on the scale. Strangely, the TV goes to a baseball game before it went back to M6PL. The siren is going off again. Dang. Just stop. 

eta - "on the heavy side" is 20-50 lbs overweight. Not 600 lbs overweight.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 7
Just now, aliya said:

Dang - Just got another warning when she stepped on the scale. Strangely, the TV goes to a baseball game before it went back to M6PL. The siren is going off again. Dang. Just stop. 

Please keep an eye out the window! We want you to be safe! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Howdy....how you doin?  (Dr. Now's signature greeting!)

I love hearing Dr. Now speaking with his accent and southern drawl. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is that Precious' mom?

(okay I am going to hell in a handbasket....)

Love this!  I bet Roshanda would love to weigh what Monique now weighs.  Monique got down from around 300 to about 190 and has kept it off since that movie.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Compared to others we've seen, it's amazing that Roshonda is mobile at all.  803???!!!  Damn is right!

I wonder how tall she is.

Guess they couldn't all fit in the usual exam room.

"When do we have to start this new diet?" - Um, now?

-----

On car rides (I had a post about Chicago quoted and then hit 'show replies' and my comment was lost and I'm too lazy to go find it to quote it again): I live about 3 hours from where I went to school, and I have driven out there and back in the same day, by myself, just to spend a few hours with my gang of college friends (who are mostly, but not all, coming from slightly closer to school), for homecoming or just to get together. I have literally spent twice a much time driving as I spent on campus at least once or twice.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Wtf do you think? He's just going to wave a magic wand?? 

Yes.  

That would have to be a hell of a big wand.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

Clarence is going to pay for his dayum after Roshanda's weight was announced.

That was my favorite line so far. lol

• Love 5

Why are they all sitting there listening to Dr Now with their arms folded and looking like they dare him to make them lose weight? What to these people think - they will have to change how they eat. That's it. Do they even look up "anesthesia and obesity" before they roll themselves toward Houston?

Dang - between this family and the tornado, I need a snack.

• Love 20

I can't get a read on Roshonda's reaction at Dr. Now's.  Sadness?  Defiance?  Hopelessness?

I feel so sad for these 3.  This isn't living!  Why am I feeling so much more for these 3 than all of our other 600-lb'ers?

• Love 5