Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Tea for Tat

• Start Topic

As one, I like Childfree better.  I am not less anything.  There are people that don't respect that, think you are less than, think you have arrested development, etc.   Nah, just know my limitations. 

It's not just my limitations, I see my friends and family with children and while they do go on about the love and all, they do go on about the suck aspect as well. I personally don't use the term "childfree" because some of the more militant childfree activists have kind of made it an unpleasant label. In Carol's situation, I can see why she held off having children with her husband (and aside from it being cancer, I don't know if it would have affected his fertility) and if she didn't find someone worth having a child with after, it happens. If she wanted a child and regrets it, I'd feel bad for her, but she seems to have a fairly pragmatic view of it - she wasn't against it, but it didn't happen and thats just how it went. 

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I looked because now I am intrigued.  I cannot find it.  Could you provide a link pretty please :)!

It was in an Insta story and those are temporary things.  A lot of this is that unless the buyers order it we may never see it.  But you should follow her on insta just for the clothes.  She does say we’ll see the line on RHONY.  But the kholiday won’t be part of that.

Sonja should be following so she can see what a clothing launch looks like.  A showroom with some really impressive neighbors, fit models every day for the buyers, racks and racks of the samples, some by color, some by type.  So we saw the July items.  That was jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, jackets, skirts.  Then the holiday line was about a week ago.  I didn’t see skirts but more jackets.  So it might be that is what sold with the first collection.  The sizes are 0 to 3x.  The price point for jeans is $100.  She is trying to keep everything really affordable.  I’ll be interested to see which of the jeans end up in the stores.

It’s an interesting business.  A success is Jessica Simpson.  Reese Witherspoon’s DraperJames is just 3 years old but that does seem to be making money.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

In Carol's situation, I can see why she held off having children with her husband (and aside from it being cancer, I don't know if it would have affected his fertility) 

IIRC, she said that Anthony's initial cancer treatment did, in fact, leave him sterile.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I never thought I would say this (prior to Bobby dying) but I am ready for Jill to come back.  Not Scary Island season Jill but the earlier season Jill.  I said it before but I think the dynamic would be good again.  She and Bethenny CAN be good together.  Let's see how they are as equals.

As long as I don't have to listen to Jill's mother. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

It was in an Insta story and those are temporary things.  A lot of this is that unless the buyers order it we may never see it.  But you should follow her on insta just for the clothes.  She does say we’ll see the line on RHONY.  But the kholiday won’t be part of that.

Sonja should be following so she can see what a clothing launch looks like.  A showroom with some really impressive neighbors, fit models every day for the buyers, racks and racks of the samples, some by color, some by type.  So we saw the July items.  That was jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, jackets, skirts.  Then the holiday line was about a week ago.  I didn’t see skirts but more jackets.  So it might be that is what sold with the first collection.  The sizes are 0 to 3x.  The price point for jeans is $100.  She is trying to keep everything really affordable.  I’ll be interested to see which of the jeans end up in the stores.

It’s an interesting business.  A success is Jessica Simpson.  Reese Witherspoon’s DraperJames is just 3 years old but that does seem to be making money.

Thank you!  Must follow this then.

8 minutes ago, Reality police said:

As long as I don't have to listen to Jill's mother. 

Oy!  Forgot about her.  Yeah, they can leave Gloria in Florida.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you!  Must follow this then.

Oy!  Forgot about her.  Yeah, they can leave Gloria in Florida.  

Ha, don't bet on it.  Maybe Gloria is now living with Jill in the city.  Then you could see her every week.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I personally don't use the term "childfree" because some of the more militant childfree activists have kind of made it an unpleasant label.

Take heart, I've gotten the side eye with the question "So, you only had one child?  Why didn't you want more? You mean he's going to be an only child?"   Then there's the people who criticize women who have lots of children. I guess none of us can win (in the eyes of some) no matter what our situation is!  Ignore them and go on.   ;) 

I miss Jill too.  Like all of the housewives, she said and did some things that I didn't agree with, but overall I liked her.   Bethenny said on WWHL that she and Jill are texting.  She said it's a "clean" relationship - whatever that means, but Bethenny is happy with it.  I enjoyed seeing Bethenny and Jill back in the early days.  They had a nice friendship.  This show kills relationships. Sigh. 

• Love 10

No to Jill!  I liked her at first, and I liked her daughter and Bobby.  But later she was horrid to Beth and some others.  I can't believe Beth wants her to return. But ... Isn't Beth a producer of the show?  So perhaps $$$$ are her motivation.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So, if Jill comes back, does that mean somebody goes???  Who would that be?

Carole. If Bethenny doesn't like ya, kiss of death.  See: Kelly Bensimon, Heather, Jill.  Who'm I missing?  If you're following Carole's twitter she's burning the bridge down.

6 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Jill and Dorinda together could be magical in so many different ways.

Oh, please, Sweet Baby Jesus, no.  Their voices in the same room together would be cruel and unusual punishment. 

Doris is too crass, even for Jill. And that's saying something - this is a woman that lets a dog lick her nostrils.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

No to Jill!  I liked her at first, and I liked her daughter and Bobby.  But later she was horrid to Beth and some others.  I can't believe Beth wants her to return. But ... Isn't Beth a producer of the show?  So perhaps $$$$ are her motivation.

Bethenny is not a producer of the NY HW show, never has been, she wasn't even a producer on her first series when/after she/Jason got married. Her only producer credit is on her show with Fredrik. Bethenny has no direct say so when it comes to hiring/firing on this show.

6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Carole. If Bethenny doesn't like ya, kiss of death.  See: Kelly Bensimon, Heather, Jill.  Who'm I missing?  If you're following Carole's twitter she's burning the bridge down.

Oh, please, Sweet Baby Jesus, no.  Their voices in the same room together would be cruel and unusual punishment. 

Doris is too crass, even for Jill. And that's saying something - this is a woman that lets a dog lick her nostrils.

I believe Jill and Dorinda have been friends a long time. LOL

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

When I heard Bethenny saying Jill’s name I thought, gee who would they toss?  I say Sonja or Carole.  And right now Carole’s the boring one.  Sonja actually has a story.  She’s crazy.  Carole ran a marathon and that’s one and done.  Unless she and Adam get married and adopt she’s out and Jill’s in.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Jill and Dorinda together could be magical in so many different ways.

If they become friends Ramona will plotz.

19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I believe Jill and Dorinda have been friends a long time. LOL

Yes, I think Wirewrap is correct. Wasn’t Dorinda at Jill’s benefit, honoring her stepdaughter (Bobby’s daughter)?

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is not a producer of the NY HW show, never has been, she wasn't even a producer on her first series when/after she/Jason got married. Her only producer credit is on her show with Fredrik. Bethenny has no direct say so when it comes to hiring/firing on this show.

I believe Jill and Dorinda have been friends a long time. LOL

@WireWrap, I thought when she returned to RHONY, that's what everyone here was saying?  That she was now a producer and caling some of the shots?

Still "NO" to Jill!   ???

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

@WireWrap, I thought when she returned to RHONY, that's what everyone here was saying?  That she was now a producer and caling some of the shots?

Still "NO" to Jill!   ???

Although she isn't a producer she still has Andy's ear and can influence him but she doesn't have the pull to make him hire/fire someone. If Andy thinks someone will make him money, he will hire them and if someone is no longer "interesting", he fires them. Well Andy and production that is.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, I think Wirewrap is correct. Wasn’t Dorinda at Jill’s benefit, honoring her stepdaughter (Bobby’s daughter)?

That was a long time ago.  Maybe being friends with Dorinda is the reason Jill doesn't drink anymore.  Hanging out with her would sure make me think twice before tipping a few.

I can't imagine a more loud, obnoxious pair than Jill and Dorinda. Maybe Bethenny and Dorinda. But I think we see in the coming epi that Doris is even too much for Bethenny.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

That was a long time ago.  Maybe being friends with Dorinda is the reason Jill doesn't drink anymore.  Hanging out with her would sure make me think twice before tipping a few.

I can't imagine a more loud, obnoxious pair than Jill and Dorinda. Maybe Bethenny and Dorinda. But I think we see in the coming epi that Doris is even too much for Bethenny.

I don't think my ears could handle Jill, Dorinda AND Bethenny all talking at the same time! Even the thought of it hurts! LOL

• Love 8

Well, as for the jeans.  What something may look like on TV doesn't give you a totally real idea of the actual product.  Anyone buy something on line thinking it was nice and then find out when it arrives....not so much?

I was in Nordstrom's a while back looking at shapewear.  There was no comparison between Beth's shapewear and Heather's.  Heather's was, by far, a much better product.  And hey, would anyone who that has any curves or booty wear a Skinnygirl logo on their jeans?  Well, maybe as a farce?  Or a butt of someone else's joke?  It's just a passe brand name as far as I'm concerned.  Another licensing deal.  Don't get me wrong.  I congratulate her on her success but I just can't get passed her as a person or her brand definition.

On another note, Carole's ship has well sailed for having biological children.  And maybe that's important to Adam.  I don't know.  I do know that Carole has said that she and Adam weren't going to be long term and I think that's Adam's choice.  Yes, you can adopt but sometimes it's important to someone to have biological children.   I don't think either are the loves of their lives. 

• Love 12

Jill caused her own original ousting when her head got to big to fit through the door. That wasn't Bethenny that got Jill gone. Jill was on, what, 2 more seasons after Bethenny left? Same with Kelly. I can't believe I'm saying it and may live to regret it but I almost wouldn't mind seeing Jill come back. Maybe as a "friend of" to see how she comes off on the show now that she's been gone long enough to gain perspective, as well as the death of Bobby may have her come back with a different attitude and view point... but I'm also fine with her not coming back save a few one off scenes like she has already done. If she did come back full time it probably would be Tinsley that would be gone... just a feeling.

• Love 5
(edited)

Take heart, I've gotten the side eye with the question "So, you only had one child?  Why didn't you want more? You mean he's going to be an only child?"   Then there's the people who criticize women who have lots of children. I guess none of us can win (in the eyes of some) no matter what our situation is! 

Thankfully, women have told everyone to just....

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I agree.  I could totally do without her rejoining.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

When I heard Bethenny saying Jill’s name I thought, gee who would they toss?  I say Sonja or Carole.  And right now Carole’s the boring one.  Sonja actually has a story.  She’s crazy.  Carole ran a marathon and that’s one and done.  Unless she and Adam get married and adopt she’s out and Jill’s in.

I would feel terrible if Sonja left.  Her and Ramona are frick n frack.  They room together, make tea for each other.  They could give Sonja a story, like meeting a new boyfriend.  Yes to Carole.  I am salivating ... this is better than the show. Ha ha.  Andy never liked Jill ... She's been trying to get back forever.  We will see who wins.  Bethenny is close with Andy .. She cooks for him out east.  Interesting.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Jill caused her own original ousting when her head got to big to fit through the door. That wasn't Bethenny that got Jill gone. Jill was on, what, 2 more seasons after Bethenny left? Same with Kelly. I can't believe I'm saying it and may live to regret it but I almost wouldn't mind seeing Jill come back. Maybe as a "friend of" to see how she comes off on the show now that she's been gone long enough to gain perspective, as well as the death of Bobby may have her come back with a different attitude and view point... but I'm also fine with her not coming back save a few one off scenes like she has already done. If she did come back full time it probably would be Tinsley that would be gone... just a feeling.

Right .. Tinsley would move to Chicago.   She struck me as a "filler" for the time being.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

As one, I like Childfree better.  I am not less anything.  There are people that don't respect that, think you are less than, think you have arrested development, etc.   Nah, just know my limitations.  I have to say though its gotten A LOT better than it used to be.  Even though she was a nutty woman a lot of the time, I loved that my grandmother was ahead of her time and told me that if I don't want them, don't have them with zero guilt about it.  My Mormon grandmother not so much.

I think Carole was realistic about Adam.  She was a lot older than he and maybe he didn't want kids RIGHT NOW, he may in the future and didn't want to limit his options.  That said, his hipster vibe and manbun bugged me.  He may be nice, he may be a dynamo in bed, he looks like he smelled like patchouli which is no bueno to me.

Very no Bueno. Not attractive at all. 

• Love 6

I'll go stand in the corner all alone after I post this.

I actually wouldn't mind if Jill came back.   In the very beginning, she and Bethenny were fun together.  Of course, at that time, Bethenny wasn't BETHENNY - she was sort of like the poor relation that got to stay in Jill's house in the Hamptons, etc.   Now that that dynamic has changed,  it might be interesting.   Jill was also friendly with Ramona, so  she has that connection as well.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I'll go stand in the corner all alone after I post this.

I'll join you!  I wouldn't mind seeing her again, but as usual, I reserve the right to change my mind if it all goes to hell in a handbasket!  I would think that Jill might be a little more subdued since the death of her beloved Bobby.  

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Take heart, I've gotten the side eye with the question "So, you only had one child?  Why didn't you want more? You mean he's going to be an only child?"   Then there's the people who criticize women who have lots of children. I guess none of us can win (in the eyes of some) no matter what our situation is!  Ignore them and go on.   ;) 

I miss Jill too.  Like all of the housewives, she said and did some things that I didn't agree with, but overall I liked her.   Bethenny said on WWHL that she and Jill are texting.  She said it's a "clean" relationship - whatever that means, but Bethenny is happy with it.  I enjoyed seeing Bethenny and Jill back in the early days.  They had a nice friendship.  This show kills relationships. Sigh. 

I'm thinking Jill will be back next season If Beth is ok with her and said Jill would be one of og housewives she'd bring back . I can see Andy following this up. I think as much as some disliked Jill,  there is also a curiosity to what a new Beth /Jill would look like now.  I loved original Beth and Jill. 

Eta: Does Jill make an appearance this season? I thought I saw her in the previews for this season. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Eta: Does Jill make an appearance this season? I thought I saw her in the previews for this season. 

Jill does - Bobby's funeral. Bethenny goes to it. I think the preview scene is of them outside the funeral service.

If Jill does come back at least we'll likely not be subjected to endless "Zarin Fabrics!" yelled at the top of her voice, or dropped into conversation at every opportunity...

*ETA - no disrespect to Bobby regarding Zarin Fabrics - she was just obnoxious with it...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

she was just obnoxious with it...

everything...

We already have Ramona and Lu being wealthy obnoxious, Sonja, who is wants-to-be wealthy obnoxious, and Carole, who is just obnoxious in general.  I'll stand up for the no-Jill crowd (crowd of one?) and say that her newly widowed obnoxiousness is one too many.  

• Love 10

I really hope Jill doesn't come back.    Just thinking about her voice is giving me a headache.

Doesn't  Andy hate Jill?    Didn't she try to record him without his knowledge once upon a time?  

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Carole, who is just obnoxious in general. 

I feel like when Carole started on this show she was a very laid back, whatever kind of girl, did not care about about designer labels, walked or took the subway, very chill but we have a very different Carole now.  I think a little Bethenny rubbed off on her.

The only reason I would want Jill back on the show would be knowing it would really piss off Bethenny and Carole and Ramona and Sonja would look less horrible, lol.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The only reason I would want Jill back on the show would be knowing it would really piss off Bethenny 

No - it wouldn't!

If the rumors are true, Bethenny is the one lobbying to bring Jill back.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I really hope Jill doesn't come back.    Just thinking about her voice is giving me a headache.

Doesn't  Andy hate Jill?    Didn't she try to record him without his knowledge once upon a time

That’s always been my take on it.  Andy will punish Jill forever.  Doesn’t matter what anyone else wants.  I personally don’t care one way or another.  It’s not like Brandi, who killed a franchise for me.  I really don’t think a camera on a recent widow is a good idea.  

I do like the idea that people might be pissed off.  I would love to see how she handles the very wealthy life that Bethenny now leads.  But it does lead to 3 on the UES, 3 widows.  Maybe someone on the UWS?  Someone in the arts?  Someone that is not Caucasian?  Just tossing that out there.  NYC is big and diverse.  RHONY not so much.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

No - it wouldn't!

If the rumors are true, Bethenny is the one lobbying to bring Jill back.

I thought Bethenny considered Jill persona non grata? Maybe having Jill back on the team Bethenny will think it will give her more screen time.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought Bethenny considered Jill persona non grata? Maybe having Jill back on the team Bethenny will think it will give her more screen time.

I thought so too but apparently Bethenny has had a change of heart.

Bethenny doesn't need Jill for more screen time.   Right now she's the only NY HW who has an interesting life.

14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Bethenny said on WWHL that she and Jill are texting.  She said it's a "clean" relationship - whatever that means, but Bethenny is happy with it.  I enjoyed seeing Bethenny and Jill back in the early days.  They had a nice friendship.  This show kills relationships. Sigh. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Doesn't  Andy hate Jill?    Didn't she try to record him without his knowledge once upon a time?  

I'm with you.  That voice.  I just cannot forget how mean Jill was to Bethenny at the time.  It was brutal.  I don't know if I would forgive.  Maybe she is thinking of the good times with Bobby & Jill.  More power to her.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm with you.  That voice.  I just cannot forget how mean Jill was to Bethenny at the time.  It was brutal.  I don't know if I would forgive.  Maybe she is thinking of the good times with Bobby & Jill.  More power to her.

There are some who think Bethenny is a mean girl.    IMHO Jill Zarin is and always will be the Queen of Mean. 

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, AnnA said:

There are some who think Bethenny is a mean girl.    IMHO Jill Zarin is and always will be the Queen of Mean. 

, Bethenny is very complex.  She's quick with the mouth; she says it like it is right to the face.  IMO, she is very soft hearted underneath.  The others talk behind the back, then kissy kissy to the face.  She just lets it out, then goes on about her business.  I didn't care the way it went down with Jason, but who knows what goes on between closed doors.  I think she's hilarious with the things she comes out with .. She's sharp as a tack.  I personally think she is the show.  I don't think she's mean.  I just think she just says what's on her mind directly, not like some of the others.  But that's just my opinion.

• Love 13
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

, Bethenny is very complex.  She's quick with the mouth; she says it like it is right to the face.  IMO, she is very soft hearted underneath.  The others talk behind the back, then kissy kissy to the face.  She just lets it out, then goes on about her business.  I didn't care the way it went down with Jason, but who knows what goes on between closed doors.  I think she's hilarious with the things she comes out with .. She's sharp as a tack.  I personally think she is the show.  I don't think she's mean.  I just think she just says what's on her mind directly, not like some of the others.  But that's just my opinion.

I agree with you about Bethenny.   I've been a fan since day one.      I skipped watching the seasons Bethenny wasn't on because like you, I think she is the show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Andy has definitely cast Jill out to obscurity for good reasons, but his face is so far up Bethenny's arse, he would probably forgive Jill's sins if B wanted her back.

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

But it does lead to 3 on the UES, 3 widows.  Maybe someone on the UWS?  Someone in the arts?  Someone that is not Caucasian?  Just tossing that out there.  NYC is big and diverse.  RHONY not so much.

Good point.  As is D.C. (Potomac), Atlanta, OC, New Jersey, and Beverly Hills, and probably Charleston.  

I sense a pattern.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Andy has definitely cast Jill out to obscurity for good reasons, but his face is so far up Bethenny's arse, he would probably forgive Jill's sins if B wanted her back.

Andy and Bethenny are friends. 

And he knows which HWs make him money.

Vicki on OC

LVP on BH

Teresa on NJ

NeNe on Atlanta

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2018 at 3:21 PM, zoeysmom said:

Carole of all people who is beauty challenged takes time out to insult Luann's looks.  I am starting to see where Bethenny is starting to expose the facade that is Carole.

I don't get it either. I think Luann is much more attractive than Carole. 

Carole sounded like she was rationalizing the new relationship with Adam. It sounded like he dumped her to me. 

• Love 10

I'd be really quite ok with no Jill Zarin. I didn't mind her the first season (although subsequent re-watches of the early seasons she started to be less likable knowing what I knew from later seasons - if you know what I mean) - and once she believed her own hype and tried to throw Bethenny under the bus (and drive over her 1000 billion times) I was out. Then post-Bethenny while Jill still remained I loathed her for how nasty she was to Alex. Alex was an easy target for her because Alex was the only woman who was "at a lower station in life" than Jill. It was gross. I'd still watch tho if they brought her back just for the pure rubber-necking car accident factor. After the likes of Soggy Flicker on RHONJ - who has been the most deluded hot mess I've ever seen on these RH shows, it makes Jill look not quite as bad by comparison. But that's not saying much. I do think if Andy thought it would bring up ratings he might bring her back - but then again - she burned SO many bridges back in the day. It might be impossible for her to come back in a full capacity. 

• Love 5

I am one of the few who doesn’t detest Carole, but while rewatching the scene with Tinsley at the store, I am inclined to believe that Carole means that Adam is hesitant to start dating other women, because HE feels that he would be betraying and hurting Carole, not that she forbids him to date other women.

But for those of you who don’t like Carole, I will concede that she often looks very unattractive.  Her eyes and teeth make her look skeletal. And the fillers are ridiculous. If I have to choose between wrinkles and fillers that make me look like Katherine Helmond in “Brazil”, I choose wrinkles. 

• Love 16