Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Why is it that every meal shown, Sonja is stuffing her face like she hasn't eaten in a week?

On the last morning at the brunch, Sonja drove to the place in her alleged car and said she wasn't going to turn down a free lunch and she wanted to make it out of there in time to catch the jitney

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Because she's eating on someone else's dime. Back at the townhouse, it's just cold, grey water. 

Yup. There have been a few instances where Sonja's behavior re free food  was odd. There was the episode in Cindy Barshop's one-n-done season where she invited Sonja to lunch and then cancelled after Sonja arrived. Sonja was really perturbed - she kept saying "I came all the way downtown so you could buy me lunch" -- she was totally focused on the someone-else-is-paying angle. And there was a scene where the ladies got together for some meeting (I can't recall what season) and there was a small cheese-and-crackers tray and Sonja was caught off guard that some of the wives were already there when she arrived -- she said something like, "I came early for this" and dove into the platter. 

7 hours ago, ryebread said:

The rich elite are masters at dangling golden carrots.

No more golden carrots -- Sonja ate 'em.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja/Morgan were divorced, 2006, before Sonja joined the show in season 3, which would have been filmed in 2008, so I doubt that there is anything stopping her from talking about him on camera and we have heard her talking about him, both good and bad on the show.

But she was trying to get a settlement from him during the show so I'm sure she wanted to play nicely.

• Love 2

Sonja is my grandmother- every year the stories got changed around and more glamorous. She just was an inveterate uhm...embroiderer as we say. Couldn't tell the truth if you paid her. But we all learned to tune her out even when it got hurtful. Maybe they need to just pretend she hasn't spoken, oh who am I kidding.

I think Sonja and Moaner have an agreement about alternating batshit crazy behavior. This is Sonja's year evidently.

Dorinda needs to learn not to express every nasty thought every time she has one. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But she was trying to get a settlement from him during the show so I'm sure she wanted to play nicely.

Anything is possible but Sonja has talked about her ex on the show but most of the time she talks about missing things/places/things, not the man himself. Oh, she got all she was going to get from to help settle the lawsuit she lost, so there is nothing left for her to get out of him. Hmmmm, maybe that is her issue, she knows that she will not get any more $$$ from him and the child support she gets for Quincy will be ending soon, very soon. Of course she still gets her Bravo paycheck but there is no guarantee on how long that will last and that paycheck isn't enough to keep her in the lifestyle she wants or even the lifestyle she currently has. Sonja may be starting to face some cold hard facts and that has to be scary for her.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anything is possible but Sonja has talked about her ex on the show but most of the time she talks about missing things/places/things, not the man himself. Oh, she got all she was going to get from to help settle the lawsuit she lost, so there is nothing left for her to get out of him. Hmmmm, maybe that is her issue, she knows that she will not get any more $$$ from him and the child support she gets for Quincy will be ending soon, very soon. Of course she still gets her Bravo paycheck but there is no guarantee on how long that will last and that paycheck isn't enough to keep her in the lifestyle she wants or even the lifestyle she currently has. Sonja may be starting to face some cold hard facts and that has to be scary for her.

I just remember one of her first seasons she was going to meet with him in hopes he would give her a settlement?  And she was sad because he sat in a different room of the restaurant and din't actually meet with her?  Maybe had one of his minions meet with her?  I don't remember exactly but she was still trying to get money out of him.  And probably still hopes he'll take pity on her.

Meanwhile, you'd think she could see that townhouse and live quite nicely elsewhere.  

But I agree -- she doesn't miss HIM.  She misses being Lady Morgan and the attention, prestige, and money that offered her.  I think she's trained herself to get tearful talking about her marriage by thinking "money" in her head, not "marriage."

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, SCS said:

Yup. There have been a few instances where Sonja's behavior re free food  was odd.

She walked into the last bunch, after calling Ramona a POS and declared that she wasn’t going to miss an expensive brunch at the Topping Rose.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, SCS said:

Yup. There have been a few instances where Sonja's behavior re free food  was odd. There was the episode in Cindy Barshop's one-n-done season where she invited Sonja to lunch and then cancelled after Sonja arrived. Sonja was really perturbed - she kept saying "I came all the way downtown so you could buy me lunch" -- she was totally focused on the someone-else-is-paying angle. And there was a scene where the ladies got together for some meeting (I can't recall what season) and there was a small cheese-and-crackers tray and Sonja was caught off guard that some of the wives were already there when she arrived -- she said something like, "I came early for this" and dove into the platter. 

No more golden carrots -- Sonja ate 'em.

This is also why I don't believe her story about cleansing by juicing.

She stuffed her face at Bethenny's Birthday gathering at the Greek diner, she stuffed her face at Luann's brunch, she stuffed her face at Ramona's dinner, and she stuffed her face at breakfast before heading back to the city.

When you are juicing - there is a transition to solid foods. Also the amount of solids introduced back to is rationed. You will shit your pants - your body needs time to adjust.

I think the concoction she brought over to Luann's was a Slimfast can she stole from Duane Reade and dumped into a plastic container.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think it's easy to forgive and forget (until the next time!) because at the end of the day, Bethenny has to consider where Tipsy Girl went. Tipsy Girl went with the toaster oven business and the toaster oven cookbook and all the delusion business nonsense Sonya never got off the ground because she could never find anyone dumb enough to do the work for her.

It’s the intent that bothered me.  It’s a character issue.  Sure, Sonya failed, but it doesn’t make it okay.   

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I just remember one of her first seasons she was going to meet with him in hopes he would give her a settlement?  And she was sad because he sat in a different room of the restaurant and din't actually meet with her?  Maybe had one of his minions meet with her?  I don't remember exactly but she was still trying to get money out of him.  And probably still hopes he'll take pity on her.

Meanwhile, you'd think she could see that townhouse and live quite nicely elsewhere.  

But I agree -- she doesn't miss HIM.  She misses being Lady Morgan and the attention, prestige, and money that offered her.  I think she's trained herself to get tearful talking about her marriage by thinking "money" in her head, not "marriage."

She has tried to sell the townhouse twice now but the asking price is too high, so she is now trying to rent it out for $32K a month! Last season we all saw that the place was in disrepair, heck, even the ice was wacky, it was brown! 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She has tried to sell the townhouse twice now but the asking price is too high, so she is now trying to rent it out for $32K a month! Last season we all saw that the place was in disrepair, heck, even the ice was wacky, it was brown! 

You'd think even lowering the asking price, she could live nicely?  I mean, even though it needs work, you'd think it would command a good price!  I'd lower that shit and get out of that place.  

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

You'd think even lowering the asking price, she could live nicely?  I mean, even though it needs work, you'd think it would command a good price!  I'd lower that shit and get out of that place.  

I don't think Sonja will ever live the lifestyle she wants, she is going to have to separate her needs/wants and figure out which list is most important to her in the long run. I just don't think she can accept the truth and make the needed adjustments.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Neither Dorinda nor Carole talk about their late husbands as often as Sonja talks about her former lifestyle. When D/C do talk, it is about their husband's voice, thoughts, beliefs, struggles, laughs, dreams, the person/man. 

I'm not in a position to check and recheck your take versus my take but I think Dorinda talks about Richard's clubs, his sweaters, and other boring baloney. I don't recall anything about his voice, thoughts, beliefs, struggles, laughs, or dreams. He bought her her childhood dream house and I'm sure he was more than nice, perhaps exceptional.

But hey, he's not on the show, I never met him and never will and frankly I think she lives in the past with her memories of him. That's fine, but please don't tell me, or Sonja, that we aren't entitled to express our own pain perspective. 

I think Carole is simply backing Dorinda because it's nice to have allies on this show.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

I'm not in a position to check and recheck your take versus my take but I think Dorinda talks about Richard's clubs, his sweaters, and other boring baloney. I don't recall anything about his voice, thoughts, beliefs, struggles, laughs, or dreams. He bought her her childhood dream house and I'm sure he was more than nice, perhaps exceptional.

But hey, he's not on the show, I never met him and never will and frankly I think she lives in the past with her memories of him. That's fine, but please don't tell me, or Sonja, that we aren't entitled to express our own pain perspective. 

I think Carole is simply backing Dorinda because it's nice to have allies on this show.

She has talked about these thins but my point was that Dorinda talks about the man her husband was, not just the things he bought her or the lifestyle he gave her, which is pretty much all Sonja talks about, the loss of lifestyle. I honestly don't think anyone would mind what Sonja said about her ex/divorce had she not played the games she has and by that I mean the movie studio scam, talking about things that never happened, her constant need to feed page six gossip/half truths and lies about them and her overall delusions about businesses she doesn't have and never will. Sonja is not a nice person. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

While I agree with everything you're saying, I don't think it justified Carole's ungracious comments on the show.  Who cares if Ramona didn't really go out of her way to celebrate Carol, she did more than anyone else did and she didn't HAVE to do anything at all.  I used to be a Carol fan, but my mouth was hanging open at how rude she was being about the party.  I'm over her.

Oh don't get me wrong, while I do think Ramona was lacking on her hosting efforts based on how the event was presented to Carole, it doesn't excuse Carole's ungraciousness about Ramona's efforts, like you said Ramona didn't have to do anything at all. At the very least, Carole didn't call out Ramona at the party but I can't imagine her TH digs about the party won't be taken with a smile on Ramona's face. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She walked into the last bunch, after calling Ramona a POS and declared that she wasn’t going to miss an expensive brunch at the Topping Rose.

Thank goodness Sonja didn't stuff some leftovers in her tote for the ride home on the jitney.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Maybe she did.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

She could rent out her place and then go live with Tinsley in the Hotel and call up for room service.  Perfect.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I agree.  How does one distinguish which pain is, in fact, the most painful?

I have a unique perspective here.

I separated from Mr Persnickety about 2 years ago.  We still loved each other very much and were working on reconciling (translation = waiting for him to choose me over the bottle).

It was becoming clear that I would be the third wheel in his relationship with the bottle, so I was preparing to file divorce papers.  As heartbreaking as it was, it wasn't nearly as heartbreaking as watching him drink himself to an early death would be.

However, before I could file, Mr Persnickety managed to get himself killed last March in a spectacularly drunken and public way that was almost nonstop on local media for over a week.  

So, where would these RH women assign where my grief would fall, on the side of divorce being more painful (as I fully intended - albeit begrudgingly - to file for divorce)?   

Or would they deem my grief is best assigned to that of being widowed?

Fuck if I know.  This is my life and I still can't wrap my head around it or how I'm "supposed" to be feeling about it.

Life is so very, very unpredictable, and some things, such as grief, just can't be tied up with a bow,  labeled, and packed away.  Very few things in life are as simple as they seem.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️to you. 

• Love 16
On 4/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Dennis is still married. Luann was right at the reunion. Bethenny was then, and still is dating a married man. Period.

Is this true? What is the story here? Anyone know why he is not divorced yet?

Just curious.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:09 PM, queenjen said:

EVERY time I see Erika Jayne, I think this. Especially her 'Moschino TShirt Dress Moments'

I know, wrong forum, but I want to say to Erika "even Moschino makes mistakes".

• Love 9
On 4/26/2018 at 12:01 AM, Pickles said:

They were really sitting shoulder to shoulder at Ramona's dinner party. There is something about Dennis, other than his sweater, that I do not like at all.

I am with you on this. There is something creepy about Dennis. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Sonja has kept quiet about her, for the most part, because of their daughter.

Yes, I agree that Sonja, despite her fragile state of mind, knows enough that disparaging JAM to her daughter will only damage the child.

As far as Luann and Ramona not going to Sonja to comfort her, they most likely have Sonja’s fatigue.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

In the South of the highway talk between Bethenny and Ramona – neither one was 100% right.

When Bethenny announced she bought a house in the Hamptons at the Halloween Party, I thought like Ramona she bought a house she was going to renovate and then flip/sell to make a profit. Under this assumption, Ramona is correct most buyers are not going to look at a house on a highway. There are several reasons, the traffic and noise, hedges might give you a bit of privacy but it won’t drown out the noise. Highways allow commercial traffic – how loud is it going to get if trucks are barreling down at all hours? It looked like a good amount of cars on that road when Bethenny walked over there with Carole and Tinsley. The other reason most don’t buy a home on a highway is for security reasons. Homes near a freeway, highway, or a thruway to a bigger highway are robbed more often. Thieves roll up in a truck, empty the house and then make a quick getaway on a thoroughfare.

I didn’t realize Bethenny was buying it as an “investment property” to use as a rental and then maybe eventually sell it. She will make money but it will take her a few years to make back her investment before she sees any profit. I don’t see this being rented out for the entire year – most likely just rented from Memorial Day through Labor Day. This house won’t rent for as much money as Ramona’s place due to the location. She said 8 bedrooms, 6 baths. Most houses in the Hamptons have more baths then bedrooms. It will most likely be rented to a group of  people of the Bravo Summer House variety. I don’t see this house going to a big family to rent for the summer – for the price of renting they could put that money down as a deposit to buy. Bethenny is going to have to furnish the place, and hire a property manager, they are going to have to go through vetting potential renters. Maintaining the property and property taxes will bleed money. She’s also going to have security in place for the off season.

I can see her making money – but this isn’t going to be easy and it will be years before she makes her 2,350,000 back – I see SKG headaches in her future – if not for Bethenny than for Wassamatter and Wassgoingon.

If she wants to create a living space in the attic, there will have to be some kind of dormers or windows involved. 

As far as renting to TV crews, it all depends on the neighbors, imo as it does not help with the surrending property values. Now, if she is next to a motel nobody cares. But, if she is next to a wannabe Muffy and her aggressive hubby, good luck with that. 

As far as renting to a family, it all depends on the end of year bonus. It amazes me how much money people spend out there.

Finding renters is not hard, it is usually handled by the many real estates companies in the area. They do everything, including maintenance.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'll presume to live in her head for a minute and say that she probably doesn't really want to sell it unless she can profit enough to keep a likewise prestigious address.  Sawnya is all about appearances in my opinion.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll presume to live in her head for a minute and say that she probably doesn't really want to sell it unless she can profit enough to keep a likewise prestigious address.  Sawnya is all about appearances in my opinion.

Given her current situation, unless she marries a wealthy man, NYC is going to be a tough place for her to live in seeing as how it's one of the most expensive cities in the U.S.  Sonja might need to face reality, and if she sells the townhouse, she might want to move to a city that isn't going to drain her money so quickly.  Who knows though, maybe she's got investments that are keeping her afloat.  I would be depressed too if I pissed away $7 million dollars.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Right now I have a major issue with Bethenny.  I don’t know when this was filmed but dammit she’s in the new apartment.  Insta shows bit and pieces so I know the friggin laundry room is bigger than most NYC apartments.  I know that the color palette is more taupe than grey.  I know that there is a HUGE living area with multiple seating areas.  Show us the damn apartment already.

Also anyone know where to get either of the sweaters that Bethenny and Carole were wearing at the Topping Rose brunch?

This was filmed in the fall.  What you see on camera is what it looked like at the time.  Pretty sure the cameras can't film the future.

• Love 1

I’m another one curious about Dennis, his marital status, and Bethenny.   He’s on camera so I assume the divorce is happening because otherwise that just seems cruel as hell.  Knife-twisting levels of messed up.  Anyone know?  

The thing about Sonja that has actually surprised me is how vituperative she is towards Tinsley.  It ain’t subtle.  It’s very off-brand as far as the frothy, bawdy, easy-going Lady Not A Lady attitude she slings.  But she loses it at Tins...like, a lot.  “She’s lying...Mommy paid, Scotty paid, shut up Tinsley!” - Sonja clearly loses it, like for-real loses her shit, loses her temper, loses her composure.  She’s so envious and around Tinsley, she cracks, completely.  I wonder if anyone else THs about this as the season continues.  Part of me sincerely believes that her bitterness towards Tinsley and screaming at her about having a trust-funded life is yet another thing that will permanently keep Sonja from finding her own rich partner - and she can’t handle life without one.  It’s pathetic, and makes me sad for her.

• Love 18
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, WireWrap said:

In an interview Carole gave 2 weeks ago, she said that Bethenny says something about Adam and that is what ends their friendship. Why she is saying something else on WWHL might be because she isn't suppose to reveal what happens on the show before it airs.

I sure her dad and Dorinda are paying for Hannah's apartment/living expenses (I don't think she has a job but I am not certain of that).

I don't buy what Carole is selling regarding her and Beth.  Her and Tinsley at that brunch were definitely treating Beth like a third wheel.  And Carole has been being snarky on SM for quite a while (it's really turning me off of her.  She's coming across as very snotty and mean girl.)  I had no idea Dorinda and Richard were only married for 6 years and Hannah's real dad was in her life the whole time! She acts like Richard was her dad and she was orphaned by his death or something.   I'm sorry, I really can't stand Hannah.  She personifies spoiled trust fund baby.  I cringe every time her caterpillar brows darken my screen.

• Love 13
On 4/26/2018 at 10:01 AM, esco1822 said:

Ramona did actually tell Carole she was hosting a party in her honor specifically for her finishing the marathon. The words "marathon themed" were not uttered but that's just semantics. She also called it a "sit-down" dinner multiple times which generally doesn't imply a buffet. I know there are a lot of Carole haters on this board but seriously, if your friend told you she was throwing a party in your honor, would you be totally cool with that friend inviting HER friends, not yours and having no visible recognition of the entire reason she was throwing the party? It would be one thing if it was just the girls out to dinner and Carole was toasted and given a cake. If she complained about that, yeah, I'd be on board with calling her ungrateful. That's not what happened though and Carole was entirely right that Ramona was having a dinner and used Carole as an excuse to have it. Carole didn't ask for a party to celebrate her accomplishment, it was offered to her. Don't tell me these women don't know how to throw a theme party, they do it all the time.  If it's a party, make it look like a party. If it's just a dinner, call it a dinner. If it's honoring someone in particular, invite THEIR friends, not yours. It's not that hard. 

I haven't read all comments yet so this may already have been noted. I saw a few people there that I didn't recognize, so it's possible that they were Carol's friends at the dinner.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This was filmed in the fall.  What you see on camera is what it looked like at the time.  Pretty sure the cameras can't film the future.

Her Insta showed a walk through every Monday throughout this time.  Unfortunately just bits and pieces.  The fact that we are 4 episodes in and see nothing is odd.  I was just wondering if at some point there was a deal made on the reveal with a publication.  There was nothing on the interior of the property with Fredrick from the jump.  So the fact that we were seeing things and then nothing is what’s odd.  

4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Her Insta showed a walk through every Monday throughout this time.  Unfortunately just bits and pieces.  The fact that we are 4 episodes in and see nothing is odd.  I was just wondering if at some point there was a deal made on the reveal with a publication.  There was nothing on the interior of the property with Fredrick from the jump.  So the fact that we were seeing things and then nothing is what’s odd.  

They could have filmed it but then edited it out because it wasn't all that interesting as we have seen this before (Bethenny redoing a new apartment that is) or they are saving it for some big reveal party for Bethenny later on in the season.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Pattycake2 said:

I agree.  I also give the side eye to women who say they shaved their eyebrows once and they never grew back.  I've been plucking the same chin hairs for decades.

Naw, overplucking eyebrows and consequently losing hair is DEFINITELY a thing.  I barely have to pluck my eyebrows now after previously having brows that would rival Brook Sheilds after a few years of overzealous plucking.   

• Love 8
11 hours ago, lampwick said:

It’s the intent that bothered me.  It’s a character issue.  Sure, Sonya failed, but it doesn’t make it okay.   

Sonja knew she was trying to profit off of a link to SKG. She implied that Bethenny approved.

The most important thing to her at her reveal party was where's Bethenny, she didn't RSVP but I think she's coming.

She wanted the press - even if there would be a showdown/smackdown - it would be a coup for the press to report about it bringing more free publicity to Tipsy Girl.

Did Peter ever open up his place in Connecticut? Is Peter another one suing Sonja?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

If she wants to create a living space in the attic, there will have to be some kind of dormers or windows involved. 

As far as renting to TV crews, it all depends on the neighbors, imo as it does not help with the surrending property values. Now, if she is next to a motel nobody cares. But, if she is next to a wannabe Muffy and her aggressive hubby, good luck with that. 

As far as renting to a family, it all depends on the end of year bonus. It amazes me how much money people spend out there.

Finding renters is not hard, it is usually handled by the many real estates companies in the area. They do everything, including maintenance.

From what you saw of the house. location, and floor plan - who do you see renting this place?

I don't see it being rented by a family for the season - June, July, August.

Now I could see it being rented by a family for let's say a reunion party for a week or maybe 2 weeks max.

Sorry I wasn't clear, when I mentioned the Bravo Summer House crew - I didn't mean for a televised show - I meant a group of friends who only go to the Hamptons for the summer on the weekends. They stay from Friday afternoon/evening thru Sunday night. It happens in the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore - a group of strangers - rent rooms - could be for the entire summer or could be for a couple of weekends.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja knew she was trying to profit off of a link to SKG. She implied that Bethenny approved.

The most important thing to her at her reveal party was where's Bethenny, she didn't RSVP but I think she's coming.

She wanted the press - even if there would be a showdown/smackdown - it would be a coup for the press to report about it bringing more free publicity to Tipsy Girl.

Did Peter ever open up his place in Connecticut? Is Peter another one suing Sonja?

Why would he sue Sonja? She was nothing more than the "face" of TG, she wasn't an investor. 

2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why would he sue Sonja? She was nothing more than the "face" of TG, she wasn't an investor. 

He could sue her if she signed a contract. Maybe the contract said she would make x, y, and z appearances. Maybe it says she had to talk about it in interviews.

If she didn't fulfill the terms - she could be sued for breach of contract.

The gossip in NY is that they had a falling out - I'd like to know what happened.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

From what you saw of the house. location, and floor plan - who do you see renting this place?

Now I could see it being rented by a family for let's say a reunion party for a week or maybe 2 weeks max.

Sorry I wasn't clear, when I mentioned the Bravo Summer House crew - I didn't mean for a televised show - I meant a group of friends who only go to the Hamptons for the summer on the weekends. They stay from Friday afternoon/evening thru Sunday night. It happens in the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore - a group of strangers - rent rooms - could be for the entire summer or could be for a couple of weekends.

It is hard to say from tv. But it looks like a 250 k a season property, maybe even more.

3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

He could sue her if she signed a contract. Maybe the contract said she would make x, y, and z appearances. Maybe it says she had to talk about it in interviews.

If she didn't fulfill the terms - she could be sued for breach of contract.

The gossip in NY is that they had a falling out - I'd like to know what happened.

She did talk about it in interviews and on the show but she can't talk about something that never materializes. He kept moving the dates (wine/restaurants) back, which isn't her fault, it's his.

13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I dont’ know about the shore but the other item you see in the Hamptons, Fire Island etc is that a group will rent for the entire summer. Or one/two with $$$ will rent for the summer and sell shares.  If you’re good at it you rent for 3 months for $100 (kidding) and sell 10 shares at $100 each.  So people buy a two week share and take vacation at a fab house with friends kind of thing.  But in those instances the more space and bedrooms the higher the rent.  The fact that you can stumble back here after a night out is a real selling point.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

People that can't afford to rent closer to the beach and/or want to be within walking distance from the bars town. 

Or she could rent it out to Bravo, since they film in the area a lot. They could use it for a place for the crew to stay, if not for filming.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I dont’ know about the shore but the other item you see in the Hamptons, Fire Island etc is that a group will rent for the entire summer. Or one/two with $$$ will rent for the summer and sell shares.  If you’re good at it you rent for 3 months for $100 (kidding) and sell 10 shares at $100 each.  So people buy a two week share and take vacation at a fab house with friends kind of thing.  But in those instances the more space and bedrooms the higher the rent.  The fact that you can stumble back here after a night out is a real selling point.

This is what I'm talking about! I know a few people who have done it - they paid $3000 each for a bed every other weekend for the summer. If you ever watched the SATC episode when one of them got crabs - it was like that but more of a dive. They went regardless every weekend and slept on the floor or with whoever they hooked up with. It was all about having a place to pass out.

The 8 bedroom house rent range is 125K to 200K a month - the least expensive is the month of June and August being the most expensive.

So let's say it costs 125K for the month. There are 8 bedrooms. If it's eight people - that's 15625 a person for the month. Let's say it's eight couples - it's still 7812 a person. Most likely it's not going to be couples - the whole point is to go to parties, booze it up and hook up. I can't make the numbers work. LOL

• Love 2
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Neither Dorinda nor Carole talk about their late husbands as often as Sonja talks about her former lifestyle. When D/C do talk, it is about their husband's voice, thoughts, beliefs, struggles, laughs, dreams, the person/man. Sonja, on the other hand, talks about missing the lifestyle, the homes, the travel, the parties with famous people, the yachts....things. I do think Sonja is going through something but many of the others have tried to help her these last 5 years to no avail, she blows them off then feeds the tabloids/page six gossip/rumors and out right lies about them as pay back, so I get their anger/frustration with her. Could they have handled it better, Yes but then again, Sonja refuses to admit to what she has done, apologize for it and stop doing it either.  

If we eventually find out that Sonja was in fact having sex with other men while married to Morgan, and this led to their divorce, then I will not have as much sympathy for her pain and suffering as I do for Dorinda and Carole. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I've just begun experimenting with contouring and it can give my face different shapes. I think given her makeup from the red dress TH,  she either doesn't have a makeup artist on hand or is just doing it herself. Maybe that's the difference?

I also think part of the problem is people can go insane when contouring.  People contour thin noses and then they look like Grandpa Munster.  They lose sight of what contouring is for.  Sort of like when women with large bulging eyes wear tons of mascara and black eyeliner.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If we eventually find out that Sonja was in fact having sex with other men while married to Morgan, and this led to their divorce, then I will not have as much sympathy for her pain and suffering as I do for Dorinda and Carole. 

The rumor is that both of them, Sonja/Morgan, were stepping out on each other during their marriage but I doubt we will ever learn the truth. Oh, and the divorce happened because she refused to come back from Europe to take care of her physically hurt/ill elderly husband.

I don't have much sympathy for Sonja after the scam she tried to run on the movie studio, it showed what a con (a bad con artist though) she is, so her word doesn't hold any weight IMO. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Given her current situation, unless she marries a wealthy man, NYC is going to be a tough place for her to live in seeing as how it's one of the most expensive cities in the U.S.  Sonja might need to face reality, and if she sells the townhouse, she might want to move to a city that isn't going to drain her money so quickly.  Who knows though, maybe she's got investments that are keeping her afloat.  I would be depressed too if I pissed away $7 million dollars.  

To be honest, I think she's simply passing time until Quincy inherits from her father, and Sonja lives off of her daughter.

• Love 11