Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Art House Party

• Start Topic

Reagan seeks to gain independence by going apartment-hunting in the French Quarter, which makes Jeff question if he's being left behind for good; NOLA's resident bachelor Jon throws a guys' night painting party that has Tamica and Reagan seeing red.

Leaving the question, what colors would they see if they were at the party?  

• Love 1

Yikes, can Gian’s weave be any farther (or is that further?) back on her head?  Tamica, you have nothing to worry about.

John should have asked those two shrews to leave.  He can invite anybody he wants to his home.  Tamica and that yipping little dog can miss me.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

John’s “life” party looked beyond lame—-basically it was one of those cheesy wine-and-paint gatherings that so many bachelorette parties like to book, only a sleazy dude version. And who serves all that booze without any munchies? Some fine host he is! Yeah, he’s just a bit too stuck on himself, very douchey; I did enjoy seeing Jason roasting his pretentious little statements in that talking head segment.

On the flip side, I really dig Jeff so far; he just seems like a big ol sweetheart; I always have a soft spot for the gentle giant footballers—-too bad he apparently has a little angry drunk meltdown the next episode. But I guess most folks would if they had Reagan angrily yapping into their ear.

How scripted was that, having Reagan & Tamica walking in on the paint party? Come on now...

Adored that French Quarter apartment that Reagan looked at—-so lovely! Although why doesn’t she just refer to it simply as a city crash pad for she and her hubs both?? Just odd.

Kind of a “meh” episode overall.

And hello there, Mr. Tamica’s ass!!

• Love 12

Not feeling Jon at all.  First of all, maybe I'm old, but the guy doesn't talk loud enough half the time and at times he tends to mumble or talks too quickly.   I sit there and say to myself what did he just say?  Then the boys night just didn't cut it.  He put the guys with significant others in a really uncomfortable position.  Now on the other hand Tamica and Reagan were totally over reactive.   Especially Reagan.  At least Tamica was pissed at Jon.  Reagan was pissed at Jeff.  Jeff didn't do anything wrong.  He was put in position that was unexpected.  He wasn't flirting or doing anything.  I also thought Reagan was mean to Jeff about the apartment.  Not a good look.

• Love 15

Other than Frederek’s man Derek on Million Dollar Lising NY, there really aren’t a lot good looking men on Bravo.....but hello Barry.  I prefer the suit look over the gym look, but he is one good looking guy.

First year law was so much harder than my second & third year, I really have to give Reagan the side eye on “her” city pad.  Her husband seemed absolutely crushed over not being included in her plans.   

• Love 12

I'm giving Reagan major side eye on the French Quarter apartment too--if she really wanted it for studying and working, she'd get one Uptown closer to both NOLA law schools.  She just wants a place to party.

Jon's naked woman painting party gave me flashbacks to Savannah's strip golf story arc.  I really don't need that again.

Is Jeff dealing with some football related brain injuries?  That conversation about fasting to reboot his brain or whatever was odd.  Given he was an NFL player, I wouldn't be shocked, but it was kind of an oblique conversation.

And, while I love a good French 75, I wanted to slap Tamica for saying the name 1000 times per minute.

• Love 12

Jon is attractive and talented but way too impressed with himself and way too judgmental about marriage for someone who hasn't even been in a committed relationship since college. Plus I hate guys who call servers "Sweetie."

Barry is not attractive to me but I like his personality. He's so humble and a genuine nice guy.

Jeff is more my speed, but that obligee complex is turning him into a doormat for that supremely annoying, selfish wife. Jeff, I'll support your post-football journey. I already finished law school AND I'll let you live with me every day. If you cut your hair.

Why is Tamica so worried about Gian of the Susan Taylor/Stevie Wonder hairline? She's coming across as way more worried about it than she should be if she's as secure she claims to be in her sexless marriage. 

• Love 11

Kinda boring this episode.  Not sure what is up with Reagan and her apartment by herself - yeah, you crushed Jeff - 1st his mom and now you - I get the commute must be a bitch - what 55 min easily each way, find something for the both of you - most of my studying was done in the library, you know the place with all the books.  Jon seems too into himself, and can't say I have seen much of his artwork yet to agree. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Kinda boring this episode.  Not sure what is up with Reagan and her apartment by herself - yeah, you crushed Jeff - 1st his mom and now you - I get the commute must be a bitch - what 55 min easily each way, find something for the both of you - most of my studying was done in the library, you know the place with all the books.  Jon seems too into himself, and can't say I have seen much of his artwork yet to agree. 

Mahamid Frauded Me, you win the internet with your user name and that horrendous avatar.  O.M.G.!!

I don't get the Jon-love.  I don't love his art, and I find him to be extra-crunchy-douchey.  I like the other guys though, all of 'em.  Even Tamica's bro, who seems like a straight-up kind of guy.

Reagan and her vocal fry are going to drive me to drink.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 15

Something does not compute- Reagan tracks her husband's whereabouts by GPS but she's the one who wants to have an apartment "for herself" in the city. Sure whatever you say, woman. And she's very impressed with herself.

Artist has a big ego yep.

Jeff still needs to shave and he's got a Kody Brown thing going on to me now. Ew but he seems sweet.

Who on earth goes around announcing on tv that they are always tired and have a sexless marriage? Really?

• Love 11

Jon’s party was dumb.  I was on the fence about Julian last week but he wins this week with the imitation of Tamica and Reagan overreacting when they came in.  According to what we were led to believe, they only knew about the party because her husband texted her about it; not what a looking to cheat husband would do.

• Love 5

Jon had some of his paintings on display at NOPSI Hotel at Christmas time.  I spoke to him briefly and he was very friendly. I love his work.

I find it odd that Reagan would want to live in the French Quarter while attending law school uptown. But I certainly understand why she wouldn’t want to commute across the Causeway, 24 miles of torture.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mint Julep said:

I find it odd that Reagan would want to live in the French Quarter while attending law school uptown.

Reagan wants to live in the French Quarter without Jeff so she can be in the mix and "play single." I don't even mean date other people since we haven't seen that...yet. She wants to play Big Rich, but they can't afford a mansion like they have in the boonies downtown, so she wants to buy something she can afford in an area they can't afford. If it were theirs and not just hers, everyone would wonder why they don't just buy a house there.

What we haven't touched is Jeff's low self-esteem and the fact that Reagan knows all about it and rather than getting him help, banks on it. How many times did she tell him to "Shut up, Jeff" in front of all those people? She was unapologetically dismissive and derisive.

Seriously, Jeff? You think you earned this because your stay at home wife brought you a suit whenever you needed it during the six years you played football? What else was she doing? Does Jeff even have a job right now? Do better, Jeff, before you wake up an ex-husband because Reagan traded you in for a wealthier model she met while spending time at her condo in the French Quarter. 

• Love 19

I'm thinking Reagan is going to dump Jeff now that he's lost his money and is no longer a winning Saints player (them winning the Super Bowl was a very exciting time for New Orleans, post-Katrina). Her repeated manic "I love yous" seemed the opposite of sincere. She's trying to buy time while she's in law school, hoping her "businesses" will receive a boost from appearing on the show. But the Quarter pied-a-terre is the first step out the marriage door.

Tamika is coming off like a spoiled princess who's bored with her husband and life. She's always tired and waspish with a sour look on her face. Maybe she can bunk with Reagan in the Quarter.

The artist doesn't appear to be clever enough to spin the hip philosophical patter - he was talking nonsense. And he was a creep on his not-date.

In this page of #metoo, a bunch of drunken beefy men and two naked women is not a good look. At least most of the guys handled it with class.

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Mint Julep said:

Jon had some of his paintings on display at NOPSI Hotel at Christmas time.  I spoke to him briefly and he was very friendly. I love his work.

I find it odd that Reagan would want to live in the French Quarter while attending law school uptown. But I certainly understand why she wouldn’t want to commute across the Causeway, 24 miles of torture.

I really like his art.  I also really like his, ahem, figure.  I do NOT like listening to him speak.  I have met people like him who when they speak you are wondering what they just said.  Like they just learned a bunch of new words and have to try them out all at once but none of them work together.  His party didn't bug me and I thought the husbands were acting fine.  The wives making a big deal was silly.  I mean come on, its all being recorded!

• Love 7

First thing is I do not like Reagan’s Florentine door knocker jewelry. It looks tacky to me. On my That look that Tamika gave her cousin over whether or not he had bought any yet. Well actually I was treated to a lot of her looks and most of them are not becoming IMO. 

Poor Jeff. This man is now going to have abandonment issues. Reagan is very selfish. Give up one of your two businesses or let Jeff run them. No you are not the queen and can’t do it all. Law school and studying for the Bar when you are finished is enough. The Bar there is tough because besides regular law you also have to be proficient in the Napoleonic Code. 

(a pen that was sitting on a legal pad just fell off the pillow and onto my cat. He jumped about a literal foot into the air and landed with that scary cat curved back. He was not amused but I was)

Jon shouldn’t be pushing his single man mentality onto the married men. I like him when he is painting and his mouth was shut. That so-called date? He wasn’t looking for wifey material. He wanted a booty call. Any woman who complies is eliminated. Where did he find all those party girls? Never mind. I don’t want to know. Great job production. 

Use the dang love potion Tamika. Or cut poor Barry loose. 

Justin you need to tear that house down and start over. He doesn’t look well matched to Kelsey. 

I’m jealous of Nichelle. A personal chef/butler just like Patricia on the original Southern Charm. Nice touch Whitney. She’ll probably get the best edit and we won’t see too much of her. 

I’m sure y’all are sick of my rambling so I’ll stop. I used to live in that city and my child was born there. I try to go every year or so as my BFF still lives in Metairie. We know how to have a good time. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why do women like Tamica and Reagan think they’re such hot shit?!

They seem like WAY more trouble than they’re worth - run, guys, run!!

Women with money problems. If they’re the bigger breadwinner they feel they get to rule the roost. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:
52 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why do women like Tamica and Reagan think they’re such hot shit?!

They seem like WAY more trouble than they’re worth - run, guys, run!!

Women with money problems. If they’re the bigger breadwinner they feel they get to rule the roost. 

Reagan may have more "status" and her own money but it doesn't appear that she has more money at her disposal than former NFL'er Jeff. Methinks these two think they're hot shit because they managed to couple with men of lower self esteem than theirs who think all of their histrionics are cute.

• Love 6
Just now, talktoomuch said:

Reagan may have more "status" and her own money but it doesn't appear that she has more money at her disposal than former NFL'er Jeff. Methinks these two think they're hot shit because they managed to couple with men of lower self esteem than theirs who think all of their histrionics are cute.

Didn’t Jeff lose a lot of his money to his swindling mother? I’m still trying to figure this all out. I just watched the first two episodes today so it might not have all sunken in yet. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Didn’t Jeff lose a lot of his money to his swindling mother? I’m still trying to figure this all out. I just watched the first two episodes today so it might not have all sunken in yet. 

Yep you're right, which is the spark that I think gave Reagan the gumption to pop this solo condo on him now that he's no longer THE breadwinner.

• Love 3

I don’t think she respects him as much now that he’s not a Demi-God winning football player. He may still have full-ish pockets but he’s not in the social demand anymore that puts her in the spotlight of socializing. 

• Love 6

I think Justin is the Cameran of this show. He has the best talking heads reaction clips. I was dying the way the editors were going back and forth between Jon’s “philosophical” jibber jabber about eggs and pigs and Justin’s “huh?!?!” reactions. Then when he was re-enacting Regan and Tamica showing up at the party. And calling Jon out on his 90s R&B turtleneck.

I also love Jon’s over-the-top swagger—and how he only wears shirts if they’re painted on. I realize if he was a real-life person i’d be giving him the side-eye by the third time he referred to himself in third-person as Jon Moody. But for a Bravolebrity, he’s perfect. Also just when you think he’s a bit too ridiculous, they show his artwork, and, okay, the man does have the talent to back up this ego.  I was also amused by how he goes ALL IN on the theme. If I’m having a life-themed party, then I’m going to be sure to get plastic chalices emblazoned with LIFE and custom-made bathrobes for the nude models that say LIFE, etc. Wasn’t that a bit literal for an ARTIST?!? Come on, Jon Moody, I would have expected that mansion filled with chicken eggs: The egg symbolizes life...

Was anyone else as panicked as I was that they were painting over those gorgeous hardwood floors without any type of tarp?!?

i also cracked up over Barry immediately texting his wife when the women showed up so he wouldn’t get in trouble—and him panicking over the models and Tamica’s cousin asking him whether he has his permission slip. As we found out by episode’s end, he did not.

Regan and Jeff could both move to the French Quarter or stay wherever the hell the cameras AREN’T because Regan is just annoying and Jeff is just not cutting it as a TV star—no personality. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4

While I do agree that Tamika and Reagan overreacted to the party, at the same time, John knew what he was doing.  He put the married guys (and the guy in a committed relationship) in an awkward position.  They didn't know this was going to happen, and it's all on film...he seemed to have set up a situation to provoke a reaction.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

While I do agree that Tamika and Reagan overreacted to the party, at the same time, John knew what he was doing.  He put the married guys (and the guy in a committed relationship) in an awkward position.  They didn't know this was going to happen, and it's all on film...he seemed to have set up a situation to provoke a reaction.

Jon is as full of himself as Tamica and Reagan, but it seems as if he was trying to tweak those two - imo the three of them might ruin this party show.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Jon is as full of himself as Tamica and Reagan, but it seems as if he was trying to tweak those two - imo the three of them might ruin this party show.

Jon does have a big ego. When the comment was made at the bar about him making an album he said not to discount that idea. Something to the effect that he thought he could record one if he so chooses. 

He stirred the pot with Tamica and Reagan in it. I still think it was producer driven but I don’t think that Jon was to know what devastating damage it would do to Jeff and Reagan’s marriage. Next week doesn’t look good for them. 

• Love 2
On 4/24/2018 at 7:41 AM, talktoomuch said:

Reagan wants to live in the French Quarter without Jeff so she can be in the mix and "play single." I don't even mean date other people since we haven't seen that...yet. She wants to play Big Rich, but they can't afford a mansion like they have in the boonies downtown, so she wants to buy something she can afford in an area they can't afford. If it were theirs and not just hers, everyone would wonder why they don't just buy a house there.

What we haven't touched is Jeff's low self-esteem and the fact that Reagan knows all about it and rather than getting him help, banks on it. How many times did she tell him to "Shut up, Jeff" in front of all those people? She was unapologetically dismissive and derisive.

Seriously, Jeff? You think you earned this because your stay at home wife brought you a suit whenever you needed it during the six years you played football? What else was she doing? Does Jeff even have a job right now? Do better, Jeff, before you wake up an ex-husband because Reagan traded you in for a wealthier model she met while spending time at her condo in the French Quarter. 

Reagan is so in love with herself she thinks she's reality gold.  And I feel like she's doing a Kelsey Grammer on Jeff.  She probably loved the fuck out of him when he was a football player.  Now that the career is over and he lost some of his $$ to his family, she has no use for him.    She's got one foot out the door already.  

Why she thinks she is such a prize is beyond me.  She has a face as round and flat as a pizza.  She will not age well.

On Tamica, why on earth would you have lack of sex as story line?  And why is she on this show if she has a great TV gig?  Is she really that fame hungry?  

Love Justin.  But damn, his girlfriend is FUG.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Why she thinks she is such a prize is beyond me

I think that she’s under the impression that her family genes (don’t you know that they’ve been in New Orleans since the 1700’s and have a bitters fortune?)could start an Empire with someone (like a Prince Harry or some Lord) and propell themselves into even greater situation.  How could any man resist that? Well maybe if he is deaf. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
An not And.
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So, any idea of the age range of this group? I’m still a bit on the fence with this show but there are a few really likeable people. 

Jeff is 35; I assume Reagan is around the same age. Tamica is 38.

edited: Reagan is 30. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1