Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Melissa Morris LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, aliya said:

So going to hell for this, especially since she is crying over her father now, but maybe if she kept her house clean and did some yard work, she'd lose the weight.  

I'll see myself out.

The busier I keep the less time I spend stuffing my face.  Cleaning and yard work are not compatible with comfort eating.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

Who is on next week?? 

My onscreen guide says it's the Perrio Siblings? It's titled One Ton Family Part 1. And it appears to be a new episode and not a follow up.

Everytime I listen to the voiceovers on this show, I think of the episode of Seinfeld with the little boy. “Wouldn’t you like to be a big brother to someone like me.”

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not sure why this and the makeup comments are eating me up so much (no pun intended) but honestly - THREE KIDS - little kids. Single mother. No extra money to hire help and the kids aren't really old enough to help either. Seriously - if she is getting everyone fed, bathed and clothed in mostly clean clothes, she is doing great.

I agree with you. Her eldest is old enough to pick up her own toys, but the house is fine. Melissa doesn't have to wear makeup if she doesn't want to.

• Love 10

I wonder if Melissa will ask her dad why he looks so robust and not on the brink of death because she made it sound like she'd be visiting a virtual corpse.

Money Shot here. Seriously?

I'm jealous - I'm Capital Crib. That sucks.

And holy cow - that baby on that bouncy horse is the most adorable thing in the history of adorable things.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Azubah said:

The gripping luggage carousel shot.

This sums up the last hour and 26 minutes for me. 

7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Watching this woman work so hard on her weight loss, deal with an asshole husband, go through a divorce, raise three kids alone, and now face the loss of her father makes me hate the fake cancer bitch even more. 

Thank you for THIS! I really needed Melissa as a palate cleanser after last week with fake ass cancer scammer Bettie Jo and her doofus husband.

• Love 16

I thought he’d be in the hospital hooked up to all sorts of equipment!

Maybe there's not really anything left they can do for him or he's decided against any sort of treatment. He looks a little jaundiced to me but that could just be my screen. I'm thinking he's not that old - mid-60's maybe?

• Love 2

I realize he's clearly a stoic man, and everyone's different... but I think I told my kids I love them more times just today than he has her entire life. I'll never understand that approach to parenting.

I'm glad he at least responded when she cried and told him she loved him.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

The next two weeks are a two-parter about “One Ton Family”. Three siblings, according to Comcast’s description. 

I want Family by the Ton to come back with new shows.  Want to see how they're doing, and I especially want Drew to have skin surgeries.

• Love 9
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Maybe there's not really anything left they can do for him or he's decided against any sort of treatment. He looks a little jaundiced to me but that could just be my screen. I'm thinking he's not that old - mid-60's maybe?

He looked jaundice to me too and she mentioned his being out of breath just walking from his room to his chair. Sounds like heart failure. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Thank you for THIS! I really needed Melissa as a palate cleanser after last week with fake ass cancer scammer Bettie Jo and her doofus husband.

I'll admit I bailed on the Bettie Jo ep... more details on the cancer scam?

• Love 1

She has really great friends. That makes  a huge difference when you doing something that 's really difficult.

I started this in the Bettie No thread so maybe we can have some fun, since this episode is on the slow side.  I call it the Toodles Special Snowflake Scale.  1 is a regular person living a regular life and 10 is Schenee having a snotty conversation with Dr. Now while is she is on the toilet with her pants around her thighs.  Penny and Lisa are both big ole 9s.  Melissa is a 1 in my opinion.  I can't remember another 1. "0w Mah Legs" is a 10 too.  Feel free to chime in.

Autocorrect decided that Bettie No is better than Bettie Jo.  I agree.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Okay. Her dad does not look in the bad shape I expected to see. 

After not seeing him for years, I went back to see my step-father who was dying of lung cancer. I thought he was thin, but he was eating, walking around, having fun during a party we had, etc. One of my sisters saw him 2 weeks later and said he was in bad shape - had he been that way when I saw him?  No, not at all. But then in another month he was dead. The doctors gave my mother a timeline, but you know, you can't trust them. : ) But they were right about how long he had left. 

• Love 4
Just now, toodles said:

I thought that was a typo and then I thought no, that was on purpose. Now that I know it was autocorrect it's all the funnier. :)

• Love 7

Is anyone else getting repeats of the Monistat commercial where the woman is morally outraged that her prescription medicine didn't clear up her yeast infection?

No but if I see the one about the family with all the wild animals and the woman taking her "pet" kangaroo to the grocery store, I'm going to scream.

Them thighs don't lie gurl. 

My thighs lie. They told me these cheese puffs were a healthy snack.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, toodles said:

She has really great friends. That makes  a huge difference when you doing something that 's really difficult.

I started this in the Bettie No thread so maybe we can have some fun, since this episode is on the slow side.  I call it the Toodles Special Snowflake Scale.  1 is a regular person living a regular life and 10 is Schenee having a snotty conversation with Dr. Now while is she is on the toilet with her pants around her thighs.  Penny and Lisa are both big ole 9s.  Melissa is a 1 in my opinion.  I can't remember another 1. "0w Mah Legs" is a 10 too.  Feel free to chime in.

Gotta channel Spinal Tap and crank this up to 11 for Steven Assanti...

• Love 1