Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Melissa Morris LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I've always been curious about this... why would Melissa be driving a pickup truck? She doesn't seem to do anything that would require one or even make one particularly useful. Do some people just like driving them? I see that it has a back seat but it seems to me that it wouldn't even be particularly pragmatic for hauling kids around.

I don't love "motivational speaker" as a career goal. It seems too sporadic and unstable. Plus, wouldn't it involve a lot of travel. I think there would be so many other things that she could do that would be equally satisfying and would provide more stable income.

I don’t love it either. I worry about the stability. But I suspect she doesn’t believe she has anything to offer other than her weight loss story. 

• Love 3

Boom Shot here. Now I have "boom shocka locka" in my head. 

I feel for Melissa. She's an example of a weight loss success story despite her weight up and downs. 

I'm a freelance editor and writer. I'm editing a dieting book, and "eating habit" is mentioned. I had to laugh.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Stusan said:

Well, peeps, it’s been real, but it hasn’t been real fun. 

I like Melissa, but this episode was boring. I do wish her well!

Huh???? It's over......has she lost 100 lbs. yet??????   Uh, no "she's still finding herself".  Wonder if we'll be subjected to another 12 years later story.  At least she got out of that nasty house with all the lime green paint inside.....

Night all....hopefully next week will be more snarkworthy...!

• Love 2
Just now, Elizzikra said:

I've always been curious about this... why would Melissa be driving a pickup truck? She doesn't seem to do anything that would require one or even make one particularly useful. Do some people just like driving them? I see that it has a back seat but it seems to me that it wouldn't even be particularly pragmatic for hauling kids around.

I don't love "motivational speaker" as a career goal. It seems too sporadic and unstable. Plus, wouldn't it involve a lot of travel. I think there would be so many other things that she could do that would be equally satisfying and would provide more stable income.

I live in Iowa. Tons of people have pick up trucks - they live in rural areas with rough roads. They live in semi-rural areas and haul yard supplies. They only shop 'in town' once a month and they need something that can bring back all of the groceries. They can help people do stuff.

I have a small SUV for many of the same reasons and am seriously thinking of a small pick up when I retire.  Just 'cause.

Motivational speaker wouldn't be high on my list right now. She needs a job, even if it is part time. She needs to build up her networks and start speaking at smaller gatherings, get experience, and get her name out there. I don't have a huge issue with speaking as a goal, but I wonder how many speakers actually make enough money to raise a family? Also, while the weight loss story is interesting now, she needs to broaden her scope. It won't be interesting forever. How can she apply what she's been through to a wider human experience? She needs to start reading the big names in the field.  

• Love 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

Maybe if they read their voiceovers just a skosh faster the show wouldn't go 2 minutes over the hour. I really don't get the point of that.

Maybe they should use narrators or voice reenactors, because clearly these 600-lb'ers aren't professional readers!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Smoothcoat said:

I think her face is strange. She has almost no lips. 

She presses her lips together which narrows them to lines....not good for anyone to do.  Larger lips ....not botoxed Lisa Rinna large....but normal size, help balance the face and make it more attractive. 

Her receding mouth or lack of significant teeth definitely makes one look alot older.  

Lipstick is our best makeup friend. 

• Love 1