Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Melissa Morris LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Melissa has lost 500 pounds and saw her weight drop to 137 pounds, but now faces marital problems and life as a single mom, all while struggling with a gain of 150 pounds.

This is a Where Are They Now? type of episode.  Melissa was one of the early poundticipants.  She has already had a follow up, so she's back for round 3. 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  This topic will open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.

• Love 1

How y'all doing? My eating habit is a bag of some popcorn and a diet Coke.

I'm SCARED I'm gonna have to walk downstairs and get something else to eat.

1 minute ago, chickenella said:

How y'all doing? My eating habit is bad tonight, having a pms party with skinny pop popcorn and wine! Weeeee! Bring on some chocolate!

That Skinny Pop is some good stuff!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, emma1420 said:

I really hope Melissa has dumped her lying cheating “husband”.

I'm pretty sure I saw him in the preview. I really hope they're divorced but fear they're not.

Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I rewatched the ASSanti bros last night. Since then my eating habit has been pepto bismol and alcohol.

Those are probably the only episodes I can never rewatch.

Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

To quote my favorite tv detective, Lt. Joe Kenda, "Well, my, my, my" is it Wednesday already?

Ready to get down to it with all of you!

For me it was, "Ugh. It's only Wednesday?"

• Love 1

I think it's her thin mouth and her not very stylish hair, but Melissa has always looked old to me. I don't think she was all that old when she started out, but she looked 40 something.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Didn't Melissa work in Dr. Now's office as a patient advocate or something, after her surgery?

She did...then she backslid at some point.

I'm having the gastric sleeve surgery at the end of next month.  I have 100 pounds to lose, not nearly as much as our 600-lb'ers, but I hope I don't look as rough as Melissa when the weight is off.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Didn't Melissa work in Dr. Now's office as a patient advocate or something, after her surgery?

She did, in her first follow up episode.  I’m glad they are showing how hard it is - even with having the surgery - to keep the weight off long term.

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

I think it's her thin mouth and her not very stylish hair, but Melissa has always looked old to me. I don't think she was all that old when she started out, but she looked 40 something.

I agree. She looks like her husband’s mother.

But that weight loss - good for her!

• Love 1

OMG I want to know how a cretin like Chris attracts multiple women. He looks like he's the type who diagnoses cancer with telescopes.

Hi Y'all!!!  My eating habit today was the absolute worst.  I was binge watching tv and eating everything that didn't eat me first!  Hell, if it was moving slow enough, I was going to cook it!  Fortunately, I still didn't get up to 3000 calories, but there's still time tonight!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I'm having the gastric sleeve surgery at the end of next month.  I have 100 pounds to lose, not nearly as much as our 600-lb'ers, but I hope I don't look as rough as Melissa when the weight is off.

Good for you, Couchtater!!!  I know you'll come through it all right!

• Love 2