Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Melissa Morris LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

As for the skin (and for some, hair), I think that the very lowfat diet and the fact that patients who have had bypass have a shorter intestine and absorb fewer vitamins leads to dry skin and hair. 

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I kind of forget the long term effects of the surgery aside from the weight issue.

Is she wearing a spanx thing? I don't think I've seen one. So even after all this time, she still wears a girdle kind of thing?

Edited by aliya
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

My eating habit is a cheese plate -- Camembert, Comte, some pork pate, grapes, and slices of baguette -- accompanied by a lovely rose from Provence.

Please invite me over.

I wish Melissa wasn't crying over those outfits -- they were terrible ON the hanger. There's no way anyone could make them look good.

Just now, QuinnInND said:

Ok sweetie. Leggings aren't for you. You're not a failure.  

Leggings aren’t for about 90% of the population.  They just haven’t gotten the memo yet.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Please invite me over.

I wish Melissa wasn't crying over those outfits -- they were terrible ON the hanger. There's no way anyone could make them look good.

I was cheering her friend for telling her exactly that. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Good evening Pounders. I always miss thr live chat because Wednesday is my night out with my best friends. Today one of those friends and I went to Louisville for a day of shopping. I'm too tired to go out tonight, and my husband is having dinner with some of his friends. My eating habit is a cheese plate -- Camembert, Comte, some pork pate, grapes, and slices of baguette -- accompanied by a lovely rose from Provence.

I agree with everyone who says Melissa looks old. Tired, too. I do love that she doesn't give up. I hope she gets back on track. Dr. Now seems to really care about her and believe in her.

Okay, I want that damn plate AND the wine now!!!!!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Why do these people have to go all the way to Houston to see how much they weigh.  Buy a scale for God sake.

Most scales for home use don't go over 250 lbs.   They may not need to go to Houston, but its not easy to find scales for those who are morbidly obese.  I worked with a woman (who ended up getting a gastric bypass) and the only place she could get an idea of her weight prior to going to the bariatric surgeon was to weigh herself on the freight scale in our warehouse.

• Love 1

She’s on the road. Does that mean she’s eating fast food and pizza with extra cheese?  You know that’s the only food that you can get when you’re traveling. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

She changed hundreds of thousands of people's lives????

In that room of "hundreds and hundreds" of people.

Math weeps.

Just now, Donut Bear said:

She changed hundreds of thousands of people's lives????

I think that was more of a conma rather than hundreds of thousands she started with saying hundreds and changed to say thousands. If it made Melissa feel even a little better about herself I don’t care if she said millions. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Most scales for home use don't go over 250 lbs.   They may not need to go to Houston, but its not easy to find scales for those who are morbidly obese.  I worked with a woman (who ended up getting a gastric bypass) and the only place she could get an idea of her weight prior to going to the bariatric surgeon was to weigh herself on the freight scale in our warehouse.

Hey zoemom, I used to think that too, but a while back I did a little internet research and found several retailers for supersize scales and the prices were kinda reasonable. Amazing and rather sad that there is obviously a market for these types of scales.

• Love 2
Just now, MsVixen said:

Melissa still has really large thighs and I think that's why she looks "strange".

I think she buys pants too small.   I suspect her pants probably need tailoring, and she probably doesn’t realize it’s an option or she can’t afford to do that.  

• Love 8
Just now, Donut Bear said:

Will someone please educate me on what this conference is all about?  I guess I missed the discussion about it.

Ha.  You’re overestimating this show if you think they told us what it was about. 

• Love 11
Just now, MsVixen said:

Melissa still has really large thighs and I think that's why she looks "strange".

Lots of people have large thighs. She isn't wearing the right pants for her figure.

I realize she is upset over gaining weight, but I think many people at the conference will still consider her a success. She isn't 600 lbs again. She recognizes that weight control is going to be a continuing issue for her and is doing something about it rather than hiding in the closet with a pizza. She's got work to do, but I think she's doing OK. She needs some help at home, tho, that's for sure. 

• Love 9
Just now, MsVixen said:

On the show, Skin Tight, I’ve noticed the same thing on most of the patients. Not as bad as Melissa of course. But it seems like they can get the arms and belly looking good, and the legs end up looking like bumpy logs.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Christina looks like she's wearing a mask or something.  Her face just looks weird.  Too big, maybe.

It’s her cheeks. It looks like she has ping pong balls under there.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Please invite me over.

You're invited. I'll slice some more cheese and pate, and chill another bottle of wine.

Melissa definitely shouldn't be crying over those clothes. I don't think even Cindy Crawford could make them look good. 

• Love 6