Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I was not bothered by Paula's "gotcha question".

As I saw it, she works most of the time as a journalist--anchoring Weekend GMA, etc. and she wanted clarification about the timeline following the original magazine interview, and the threat, etc.  I thought she was polite and listened carefully as the lawyer explained it and she did not attempt to argue, just asked questions until the events were better explained.  That is what should happen all the time.  Don't just nod and accept whatever story you are getting told, but do your homework and ASK questions when something needs clarification.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Maybe because of the lack of hair, but whenever I see Avanetti on TV,  I think of JP, who was on the Bachelorette. 

He reminds me of Arnie Becker on L.A. Law

• Love 9

Nothing much to say about Friday’s show except that I was glad Meghan wasn't there to stink up Joy's day and that I agreed with the ladies when they were talking about how cute Avenatti is. I think part of the appeal is his intelligence. Paula did a much better job of trying to discredit Stormy than McCain did (or ever could), but he easily handled her attempt at a gotcha. He can come back anytime (and not just to talk about Stormy). ;P

Really good news that Kathy and Meredith will be on next week! Meghan will definitely try it with Kathy, but Kathy really has nothing left to lose by being polite to her.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:42 AM, RHJunkie said:

I think her father's illness probably compounds the problem but I'm not sure it's wholly the reason for her behaviour. I've seen Meghan sit on other panels and discuss things with people of opposing views and I can't recall other occasions outside of The View where she becomes so aggressively reactionary. The only similar trait she shares when on other shows is that when some points out her inaccuracies and or says something that her tribal brain can't retort quick enough, she just goes silent and that's when you know you've got her. I know Ana is a family friend of the McCain's (or so I've read on this forum) and Meghan doesn't behave that way with Ana.

Meghan has definitely been unprofessional and nasty to Ana, too. After Ana's second or third appearance earlier this year while Sara was on maternity leave, Meghan went psychotic when Ana criticized McConnell and Trump over DACA and the military not being paid while the government was in shutdown because McConnell refused to allow it. She raved about how she didn't understand how Ana could possibly call herself a Republican when she doesn't line up to kiss Trump's ass like Meghan does daily. You could tell Ana was taken aback by how rude she was (probably because Ana is/was friends with the family), but she gave it back to Meghan tenfold. It was glorious.

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. He wasn't scheduled to be on, and I never want to see him on this show.

Same here. If Meghan does get him on the show, I hope Sunny brings up how he was fired for plagiarism. I'd love for Joy to do it, too, just for how much Meghan has done to her the past year, but Sunny would lay out the details of his firing from her blue cards so he has no wriggle room, lol. I'd love to watch Meghan's face turn into a tomato.

• Love 9

I don't know of too many "regular" jobs where people are allowed time off each week to visit a sick parent.  MM should consider herself lucky.  I guess it must have been put in her contract.

• Love 7

Under FMLA, many employees have the right to take time off to be with a sick relative.

And, this is Sen. McCain. My suspicion is that his time is near, although I hope it's not true.

I enjoy Meghan-free shows very much. I'd prefer to see a conservative female sit in her chair, like Ana (especially Ana!), rather than someone like Jason Biggs. It feels so much "lighter" when Meghan and Whoopi are not there.

• Love 13

Isn’t this the weekend that she was supposed to travel to the Vatican with Meredith Vieira   For that unite for a cure summit?

Perhaps I missed her announcing she’s not going or is she actually there and just using her fathers illness  as an excuse  I’m curious.

31 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'd prefer to see a conservative female sit in her chair, like Ana (especially Ana!), rather than someone like Jason Biggs.

It's probably not fair to pile on Jason.  Ana lives in Florida.  On Andy Cohen's late-night show, when he has a guest who "suddenly" cannot appear, he has several NYC people he can count on to show up instantly to fill in because they live in the neighborhood.  Maybe this happened with Jason Biggs.  He got a call and was able to do the show a favor with little notice.  He wasn't annoying this time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nothing much to say about Friday’s show except that I was glad Meghan wasn't there to stink up Joy's day and that I agreed with the ladies when they were talking about how cute Avenatti is. I think part of the appeal is his intelligence. Paula did a much better job of trying to discredit Stormy than McCain did (or ever could), but he easily handled her attempt at a gotcha. He can come back anytime (and not just to talk about Stormy). ;P

Really good news that Kathy and Meredith will be on next week! Meghan will definitely try it with Kathy, but Kathy really has nothing left to lose by being polite to her.

Meghan has definitely been unprofessional and nasty to Ana, too. After Ana's second or third appearance earlier this year while Sara was on maternity leave, Meghan went psychotic when Ana criticized McConnell and Trump over DACA and the military not being paid while the government was in shutdown because McConnell refused to allow it. She raved about how she didn't understand how Ana could possibly call herself a Republican when she doesn't line up to kiss Trump's ass like Meghan does daily. You could tell Ana was taken aback by how rude she was (probably because Ana is/was friends with the family), but she gave it back to Meghan tenfold. It was glorious.

Same here. If Meghan does get him on the show, I hope Sunny brings up how he was fired for plagiarism. I'd love for Joy to do it, too, just for how much Meghan has done to her the past year, but Sunny would lay out the details of his firing from her blue cards so he has no wriggle room, lol. I'd love to watch Meghan's face turn into a tomato.

Yes a brain makes an attractive man even more attractive.

I have no doubt if Meghan's husband agreed to come on the show it would be with the stipulation certain things could not be discussed.   Might be why he hasn't appeared yet.

1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

It's probably not fair to pile on Jason.  Ana lives in Florida.  On Andy Cohen's late-night show, when he has a guest who "suddenly" cannot appear, he has several NYC people he can count on to show up instantly to fill in because they live in the neighborhood.  Maybe this happened with Jason Biggs.  He got a call and was able to do the show a favor with little notice.  He wasn't annoying this time.

If Jason was a last minute substitution that would mean Meghan was supposed to have been there.   Hmmmmm.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Plus he has a new show to promote, which he did. Other than agreeing how cute Avenatti is, he didn't add much else. 

12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes a brain makes an attractive man even more attractive.

I have no doubt if Meghan's husband agreed to come on the show it would be with the stipulation certain things could not be discussed.   Might be why he hasn't appeared yet.

If Jason was a last minute substitution that would mean Meghan was supposed to have been there.   Hmmmmm.

Didn't Meghan recently say she would be taking frequent time off to spend with her dad/family? If she's not going to take a leave, long weekends make the most sense. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I've seen a few things on Twitter where the McCain family is in people's prayers. If - and that's an if - Meghan had not preplanned to be in Arizona, I am concerned.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

If MM’s husband was on the show, do you think she would tone it down and defer to him and his opinions, or do you think she would just be her screeching valley girl self? 

Defer, for sure.  Like a good Stepford wife.

• Love 8
On April 27, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Morgalisa said:

I recall that Barbara was a fan of Astroglide.  

Yep! They were alarming / scaring Kathy with the dryness situation and she said dry ? what are we talking about here,  a ghost  town with tumbleweed blowing down center of town? I admit I have used that phase many times since she said it. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Didn't Meghan recently say she would be taking frequent time off to spend with her dad/family? If she's not going to take a leave, long weekends make the most sense.

Especially since Whoopi wouldn't be there on Friday to protect her!

1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Sunny was crushing a teeny bit on Avenatti.  

me too!   

• Love 8
On 4/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

I totally forgot about that. Oh well, back to thinking that Meghan is just an overall sucky person who doesn't know how to treat people well at all unless they agree with her political beliefs. She's absolutely a hypocrite. She constantly goes on about being a dying breed of Republican because of her 'morals' which is what the Republican party was supposedly founded upon. Yet if you're a dying breed, then that suggests that the Republican party is no longer representative of her values - so why does she still vote and defend being Republican? How could she possibly defend herself against any criticism of being a sellout where she prioritizes party lines with personal morals and policies? Jesse Ventura had suggested years ago that voters should have a blind ballot where voters have to vote on policies listed on the ballot rather than voting for a name that way voters are forced to educate themselves more on policies and the democratic system and also, it eliminates party lines and limits voters from voting political parties over policies. I'm curious if the dying breed Republican would vote Republican if she had no idea who the person was.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4