Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Final Decisions

• Start Topic

After eight weeks of marriage, a honeymoon, and the experience of life together and husband and wife, each of the couples meets with the experts and makes the decision to stay married or get a divorce.

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Molly, stop acting!  You'll never win an Oscar.

Cry me a river Molly.  I didn't know statues could shed tears.  I'm having a big beer in honor of Ryan getting dumped .. I hope.

• Love 9

I like how Jephte said he realized how his concept of marriage was messed up.  How unsuited as a husband he was.  I think Jephte wants to be married though.  Maybe he needs to realize that his concept of falling in love might be messed up as well.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Cut the shit Ryan and tell your parents the truth .  You wanted to drink with your buddies all the time.  Stop making it Jaclyns fault.  Be a gentleman for once in your life and admit that you were a selfish husband.  Dickhead!

Neither Ryan nor Molly realize they are being filmed, apparently.

• Love 18

I have no idea what the date convo meant between Ryan and Jackie.. reeling each other in? I’m like a little kid? This fishy is into you? Huh? I think Jackie is completely naive. And what on earth does she “Adore” about him?  And he keeps referring to “ups and downs.” I don’t recall any true marital stressors they went through. 

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 9

Ryan looks so annoyed that he can't dig into his entree while Jackie is pouring her heart out.  I cannot understand what she could possibly be conflicted about.  Uggh.  

Edited by Judge Chris
Typo
  • Love 14
55 minutes ago, Nydoll13 said:

The experts are killing me with this Molly and Jon gave up stuff. She's been out the whole time. What more could anyone expect of Jon at this point?

55 minutes ago, Nydoll13 said:

The experts are killing me with this Molly and Jon gave up stuff. She's been out the whole time. What more could anyone expect of Jon at this point?

Molly gave up. Jon didn’t.  Soooo stupid.  Us viewers aren’t stupid.  

• Love 11

Jon is being gaslit. It doesn't matter if they're a good match on paper or had a few good times, he's not giving up or failing to not want to be in a relationship where the other person is constantly cold toward him when the cameras aren't there. 

• Love 13

IMO Molly gave up when she found out Jon didn’t have a job.

Someone needs to ask Jephte what falling in love means to him, because I’m not sure he even knows what that means.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Jackie is sitting at the table talking seriously, and the Dork is busy eating chips and dip.  Ha ha.  What a dope.

47 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Jackie is sitting at the table talking seriously, and the Dork is busy eating chips and dip.  Ha ha.  What a dope.

He is just the worst!!! I swear you can actually see his eyes glaze over whenever Jackie is speaking to him. Girl got it right in the car en route when she said something to the effect that when she talks to Ryan he never really listens. Idk why but I have such a huge hatred for a person whom I have never met. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Jackie didn't run. Wrong choice, Girl! You'll regret it, and a year from now you'll wish you'd never met him.

Agreed! I thought she had finally had enough with his blah blah blah BS. I had my twirling Julie Andrews on the mountaintop GIF ready to go, too. Dammit!! 

• Love 7

I got into a new book I just started reading and turned this on at like 10:10. I didn't miss anything. Why was it two hours long? 

Every inch of Jon was screaming "I am contractually obligated to be here but I'm not interested in anything y'all have to say. Let's get this over with so I can find a new apartment." Molly was there to save face, Jon was done. When the experts hinted at them staying together, Molly looked fucking terrified - right before she said "We do want a divorce, am I right?" she looked like "Oh shit, what if he wants to keep trying?"

Also, it's totally possible to know someone for 8 weeks and not have a positive impact on their life - or to not have ANY impact on their life. Molly may be that shitty ex for Jon that he doesn't remember fondly, ever - he may think badly of her until he stops thinking about her altogether. They may never speak to each other again. You know Heather and Derek don't get together for coffee. There's nothing Molly can do about it. She doesn't want to actually be friends with Jon; she wants him to think well of her so she's off the hook. And really, what did he get out of being married to her if she was talking all this shit about being repulsed by him? She had a positive attitude? Okay. She was really trying it with the whole "Do you see what I had to deal with?" thing, but I'm not buying any of it. She's an asshole.

There was a point where Dr. Pepper was looking at Ryan like "Boy, what?" when he was yammering on. I love how everyone responds to Ryan like "What a weirdo." I give Ryan and Jackie a year at the absolute most. Jackie wants to be married; she will learn that she doesn't want to be married to Ryan. Ryan won't change; she'll be home sick and he'll be like, "Good luck with that, I'm going out for a drink" and eventually it'll get old.

There was a story on People.com today about Shawniece that spoiled the outcome, but there was no surprise there.

• Love 20

Jon looked so over it and angry. Hope he finds a job and gets his life back on track. 

Jackie, girl, wrong, wrong choice. You’re going to be so unhappy. I think they split up anyway.

good luck Shawneice and Jep. I’m happy for this couple. 

• Love 13

I don't believe one word that Molly said.  I believe she didn't want him from day 2 for some reason.  She should have left right off the bat.  She probably stayed for either the money or thought she might be discovered as she's soooo beautiful.  I can't believe that Jon was so enamored with her till the end, even after she treated him poorly.  

Jackie is desperate.  How could she stay with him after he did all that?  Bad decision on her part.  I don't think she's too swift.

I really like Jepthe and think he will make a good husband.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Cry me a river Molly.  I didn't know statues could shed tears.  I'm having a big beer in honor of Ryan getting dumped .. I hope.

Damn.  I drank a whole bottle of Millers and got a stuffy nose as a result, all for nothing.

• Love 3

So Molly goes in with her “I must be nice, I’m on camera” cake face on, and almost makes it work (ok, not really) until Jon can’t think of even one good thing about that experience... and BAM!  The gates fly open and she tries SOOOO hard to turn that into something favorable for her.  “See?  Can you see what I had to deal with?  Can you SEE how it was for me?”   I’d have to give it to Pepper on this round (ding ding ding!).  I thought she did a credible job of shutting Molly down.  That’s the first time I actually nodded and agreed with DP I think.  I don’t think the experts like Molly much more than the rest of us.

Secondly, when Ryan is visiting with his parents alone, it’s easy to see why he isn’t able to bond (I mean really bond) with a partner.  He doesn’t seem to know or relate to his parents any better than he did with Jackie.   And presumably, at least, one of them gave birth to that toad.  Also, last week, people were asking why Jackie didn’t do something with her hair.  OMG, who would have thought it could get worse???    I love her, I do.   But.  Her hair is one hot mess.  You’d almost think hair and makeup would be part of the finale.

I’m not surprised about Shawniece’s big news.  I’m just surprised she cried about it.  Jk; I’d have fallen over in the floor if she hadn’t.

• Love 16

What I'm really surprised at is how much air time Molly was given tonight.  She must be getting a lot of bad press on social media, etc.. as she was so prepared and talking so nice.  I didn't believe her for one minute when she kept saying how much she tried to make things work with Jon.  What a phony.  She tried nothing.  And, what about the recording of her at the bar?  Was that forgotten?   I could barely look at her anymore.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Jon looked so over it and angry. Hope he finds a job and gets his life back on track. 

Jackie, girl, wrong, wrong choice. You’re going to be so unhappy. I think they split up anyway.

good luck Shawneice and Jep. I’m happy for this couple. 

Jon announced in the 2nd unfilltered , I didn't know there was one before and one after the show tonight, he got a Job. I'm glad he was able to control himself and be so civil with Molly. I'm sure he wanted to say ,more but he is smart to say nothing. Hopefully he will find someone that wants to go on a real adventure soon.

Ryan was hard to watch. He sure laid it on thick with reasons for Jackie to stay at the last minute. I hope that her lets stay married lasts until the show next week and we can see a free Jackie during the follow up special. 

• Love 11

Smart and Restrained: Jon.  

Stupid and Delusional: Molly.

Insufferable and Selfish: Ryan.

Insecure and Blind: Jackie.

Brutal and Cruel: Jephte.

Pathetic and Sad: Shawniece.

IMO,  Jon is the only aware person in this whole shebang. 

Isn't there a "Months Later Reunion" episode next week, and wouldn't mention here of any splitting up or other significant event be....

******SPOILERS??????****** 

I like my cats to stay in their episode bags.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Molly, stop acting!  You'll never win an Oscar.

Molly must think we're all stupid.  She doesn't want Jon, she hasn't wanted him for a long time.

She could be on mean girls.

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Smart and Restrained: Jon.  

Stupid and Delusional: Molly.

Insufferable and Selfish: Ryan.

Insecure and Blind: Jackie.

Brutal and Cruel: Jephte.

Pathetic and Sad: Shawniece.

IMO,  Jon is the only aware person in this whole shebang. 

Isn't there a "Months Later Reunion" episode next week, and wouldn't mention here of any splitting up or other significant event be....

******SPOILERS??????****** 

I like my cats to stay in their episode bags.

I really didn't think any of the 3 couples should have stayed together.  Of course John and Molly were not going to because Molly was such a jerk. Shenice and Jefite, he said he didn't love her he liked her. That would  do it for me; and Ryan seems like the kind who will never grow up he wants to be single and go with this friends and drink.

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

What I'm really surprised at is how much air time Molly was given tonight.  She must be getting a lot of bad press on social media, etc.. as she was so prepared and talking so nice.  I didn't believe her for one minute when she kept saying how much she tried to make things work with Jon.  What a phony.  She tried nothing.  And, what about the recording of her at the bar?  Was that forgotten?   I could barely look at her anymore.  

They said Molly's getting such badd comments that she went off social media. So she was trying to clean up her act tonight.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't believe one word that Molly said.  I believe she didn't want him from day 2 for some reason.  She should have left right off the bat.  She probably stayed for either the money or thought she might be discovered as she's soooo beautiful.  I can't believe that Jon was so enamored with her till the end, even after she treated him poorly.  

Jackie is desperate.  How could she stay with him after he did all that?  Bad decision on her part.  I don't think she's too swift.

I really like Jepthe and think he will make a good husband.  

I don't think they will stay married. He said he liked her, he did not say he loved her, in fact he said he didn't love her.

8 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Poor Jackie!!!  Bad decision!   I vote for a spin-off of Shawniece & Jephte!!!

I don't. I think it's going to be a sad ending in the end.  He will stay at least for the baby and then for a while longer, but I think he will be looking for someone else. And she will be looking for someone who truly loves her.

• Love 2

Won't be watching this 'till later but no surprises on the outcomes.

10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

There was a point where Dr. Pepper was looking at Ryan like "Boy, what?" when he was yammering on. I love how everyone responds to Ryan like "What a weirdo."

Thing is, they chose this guy for the show, & specifically, for a woman whose last bf died.

Ryan is completely unable to hide his assholery, so he couldn't have been much, if any, different in all their 'expert' interviews.  So Pepper, the 'Pastor', & trauma 'doctor' 'experts' are all full of their own special kind of assholery.

• Love 11

Shawniece was the only one who seemed truly interested in embracing the process. Ryan was phony, Jackie wasn't ready, Jepthe wasn't ready, Molly didn't want to be there and Jon was an immature jerk. I'm surprised at the number of people who like Jon. The red flags went off for me when he constantly started throwing Molly's sexual history in her face. So creepy and gross. 

• Love 5

Molly and Jon talk about how much they are alike.  I think maybe they are too much alike in some areas (not the honesty area though).  They know what buttons to push, and then it gets fugly.  Having said that, I personally don't think Jon is a jerk.  I did notice that Jacque and Shawnice seemed to like Jon on the unfiltered show, so maybe they know somethin somethin.

• Love 5

2 hours long for that? I like Shawniece. Only person 100% into the process letting her guard down and being genuine. Jephte a close 2nd. Jackie is a princess who wants constant reassurance but I can understand after what she's been through. Ryan is a wannabe male alpha douchebag worried too much about his perception. I think deep inside is a good person if he ever grows up. Jon is immature as mentioned but I think him opening up allowed miss "I-wanne-be-famous" Molly realize this relationship won't lead to monetary gain or fame so she never emotionally invested herself. The key line was Jon angrily stating weeks ago how she was cold when the camera's were off but bubbly when they were on. All season long my wife noticed how Molly would always pose and flick her hair for the camera before conversations. She did it last night as well. I think Jephte & Shawniece can go the distance. Hope they do. She is a great catch. Anyone who can be themselves with or without make up, laugh with and laugh at themselves is someone who is genuine. Hear that ladies? That is what men want. Not the bimbotic M<olly's of the world who are great to look at but cannot handle any semblance of imperfection about themselves or their projections in life. Marriage is work, trust and understanding. I think Jephte will soon admit his feelings for Shawniece OFF camera. That's my take anyway. Great reading some of the comments here. At one point I was near giving up on this show because of the Molly annoyance factor but glad I stuck it through. That and my wife had the remote.

• Love 19