Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Final Decisions

• Start Topic

Jacklyn staying married to Ryan is baffling on about ten levels. That guy is weird and a huge geek, and not in a good way. I have two theories: one is that this is her first attempt at a relationship since the dead ex and she was desperate for it to work, so she overlooked his oddities. The second is that she knew it wasn't going to really work from Week #1 but was playing the game to get good screen time and not make herself look bad. Honestly, you could tell me that this guy had bodies buried in the basement and I wouldn't blink. There is something so off about him. Jackie seemed normal but so did a lot of people who then went on to become reality show famewhores (Jamie, Doug).

Jephte is probably my favorite guy who has ever been on the show. I didn't like him at first but he grew on me (it was his humor). He said in one episode that he might be the only sane person on the show and I think he's right, extended across all seasons. You could tell that he wasn't there to project some fantastic image of himself so that he could develop a career in reality tv (like Jamie). I really feel like I saw the real Jephte. He's cool, funny dude. I like him. I wish him and Shawniece the best.

I really wonder what Molly's objective was in doing this show. She would have done better on The Bachelor or something that was less commitment. Was she trying for a Jamie/Doug "I'm not into you... until I decide that I'm going to pretend to be for a few more seconds on the 15 minutes"? What is the deal? Unless there was some huge turnoff about Jon that we were never shown, or maybe she has personal issues, I kinda don't get it. By her own admission, she's not a prude. That doesn't mean that she is required to jump into bed with someone just because they're married but to go 6-7 weeks without even trying to do more than a quick peck on the cheek? Strange. She didn't come across very well on this show, and they weren't interesting enough to get a spinoff. Waste of time! I doubt Jon would do a Second Chances type of show because he gained nothing with this experience but lost everything, including a job. Not worth it, IMO.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

One more question, before the last show airs.

Am I the only one who thinks Dr. Jessica will disappear from the show, after essentially giving Molly and Jon permission *not* to live together at the end?

Her and Dr Cal were in Dallas on April 21st filming what looks like final decisions so it looks like all the experts return

• Love 3
On 4/24/2018 at 9:14 PM, Neurochick said:

I like how Jephte said he realized how his concept of marriage was messed up.  How unsuited as a husband he was.  I think Jephte wants to be married though.  Maybe he needs to realize that his concept of falling in love might be messed up as well.

I'm just watching this season now.  I loved Jephte!  And Shawniece.  I understand they had some um, issues later on.  But looks like they are doing well now.  I got the impression that he liked her very much, loved her, but just wasn't in love with her but he wanted a family.  I really hope that he fell for her at one point.

• Useful 1
On 5/1/2018 at 7:40 PM, LilaFowler said:

Jacklyn staying married to Ryan is baffling on about ten levels. That guy is weird and a huge geek, and not in a good way. I have two theories: one is that this is her first attempt at a relationship since the dead ex and she was desperate for it to work, so she overlooked his oddities. The second is that she knew it wasn't going to really work from Week #1 but was playing the game to get good screen time and not make herself look bad. Honestly, you could tell me that this guy had bodies buried in the basement and I wouldn't blink. There is something so off about him. Jackie seemed normal but so did a lot of people who then went on to become reality show famewhores (Jamie, Doug).

Jephte is probably my favorite guy who has ever been on the show. I didn't like him at first but he grew on me (it was his humor). He said in one episode that he might be the only sane person on the show and I think he's right, extended across all seasons. You could tell that he wasn't there to project some fantastic image of himself so that he could develop a career in reality tv (like Jamie). I really feel like I saw the real Jephte. He's cool, funny dude. I like him. I wish him and Shawniece the best.

I really wonder what Molly's objective was in doing this show. She would have done better on The Bachelor or something that was less commitment. Was she trying for a Jamie/Doug "I'm not into you... until I decide that I'm going to pretend to be for a few more seconds on the 15 minutes"? What is the deal? Unless there was some huge turnoff about Jon that we were never shown, or maybe she has personal issues, I kinda don't get it. By her own admission, she's not a prude. That doesn't mean that she is required to jump into bed with someone just because they're married but to go 6-7 weeks without even trying to do more than a quick peck on the cheek? Strange. She didn't come across very well on this show, and they weren't interesting enough to get a spinoff. Waste of time! I doubt Jon would do a Second Chances type of show because he gained nothing with this experience but lost everything, including a job. Not worth it, IMO.

Sorry, I'm just watching this season for the first time.   Ryan struck me as a complete idiot.  He'd be a frat boy but probably couldn't hack college b/c he's just not that smart.

The scene earlier in the season when he's seducing her in his fire gear while shirtless. He has zero muscles. Like a scrawny skinny guy.  She had a bit of a chipmunk look to her but she strikes me as a smart girl.  She can't do better on her own?

Loved Jefftye and Shawniece. I think she was in love the minute she met him; I think he just liked her and wasn't sure if he'd ever be in love, but she is great wife material and they could laugh together.  I really hope he fell in love at one point because she is adorable.

I couldn't stand Molly.  She had 0 personality.  But Jon had some really rough edges to him.  He basically slut shamed her about the threesome b/c his ego couldn't take the fact she didn't want to fuck him.  Maybe if Jon had been patient with her, she might've built up a sexual attraction to her.

I really don't know why anyone would want to do this show other than reality show fame.  You totally lose every great thing about courtship.