Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Final Decisions

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I didn't get to all the comments yet but Jackie was blabbing about everything that was b bothering her.  At any time, did she actually come out with the main reason which was that Ryan goes out drinking with the guys at all hours and leaves her home without a thought?  Did she also say that he said he wouldn't change his lifestyle as that's who he is?  Does his parents know that he is a spoiled maniac who just does what he wants even with a new wife?  I didn't hear anything like that ever said by Jackie.  All I hear is they are not "on the same page" bullshit.  They all are not specific on what's really bothering them.  They all just blab the same shit over and over again.   After awhile you don't even understand what the hell they.are talking about.

Oh, yes to all of this.  I got so tired of hearing the two of them talking all over the place about nothing.  "Ups and downs," "a rollercoaster," "everything we've been through," and on and on.  I was tuning them out after hearing the same nonsense replayed, none of which made much sense.  

To be honest, I thought Ryan had some personality although he did come off a little "ADHD" at times.  Jackie's constant "pouty face" was starting to wear on me.  If I were Ryan I could not stand to look at that all puss of an expression all day.  Not only that, but I thought Jackie had little to no personality.  The decision day "PDA" shown between the two of them threw me for a loop; perhaps Ryan, in particular, should pursue a career in acting - or comedy, or both.  I cannot for the life of me understand why in the world the "experts" thought these two were a good match.  Same thing for Jon and Molly.

Jephte and Shawniece.  I love Shawniece and her hearty laugh.  These two have a good chance of making it because I think Shawniece's easy going nature and sense of humor are what Jephte needs to help him loosen up a bit.  I read that he's the eldest of 14 boys.  At least I think I read that; if so, it may explain his lack of experience in dating, falling in love, etc.  Who has time to chase girls when you've got 13 younger siblings to (presumably) watch out for?  

• Love 6

I really hope Jephte and Shawnice make it.  The thing about Jephte is, he knows he doesn't know about being a husband, unlike Ryan who thinks he does know.  Jephte is teachable IMO.

Years ago I watched a 60 Minutes segment where a man had a foundation where he helped people get off welfare.  He realized that there were things in life people just didn't know; he taught classes in how to dress for an interview how to shake hands with people, look them in the eye.  I think Jephte is like that.  He just doesn't know things and if he's willing to learn, they'll have a chance.

• Love 18

On the Ryan's Most Moronic outtakes - Jamie saying he's "passionate" instead of stupid was her biggest stretch yet in keeping sweet.

I wonder if Jaclyn was feeling any second hand embarrassment, or perhaps horror, over *copulating with that guy. 

Pepper's thought bubble ... "I'm gonna blame this pick on Cal..."

If Ryan hadn't been such a douchebag he would've been good comic relief this season.

*If you're reading here, Ryan, look it up.

• Love 8

Three things:

1. Jackie putting the dirty shoes on the bed...i broke into cold sweat just seeing that!
  2. Molly applying mascara...this is where nightmares come from 
  3. Jephte and Shwaniece...so adorable! Jephte should be in acting!
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I really hope Jephte and Shawnice make it.  The thing about Jephte is, he knows he doesn't know about being a husband, unlike Ryan who thinks he does know.  Jephte is teachable IMO.

Years ago I watched a 60 Minutes segment where a man had a foundation where he helped people get off welfare.  He realized that there were things in life people just didn't know; he taught classes in how to dress for an interview how to shake hands with people, look them in the eye.  I think Jephte is like that.  He just doesn't know things and if he's willing to learn, they'll have a chance.

I have been trying to figure out why Jephte went in the show and you may have hit on the reason. Maybe he wanted a wife and family but thought he wouldn’t know how to pick a good partner. I didn’t like him at first and really liked Shawniece, but I now think they make a good couple. I wish them the best.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Doesn’t Jaime have any other clothes? She wears that pink tablecloth every single week. And she talks so fast. She’s a horrible host. 

I think all of the Unfiltered segments are filmed during the same day. 

• Love 3

1) Molly is such a liar. She tried to act all innocent on camera among Jon and everyone. Trying to have this good image. Glad Jon exposed her. The blonde headed psychologist had a look on her face when Molly was talking like I can read your game. She tried to flip the script on Jon as if she is all hurt and sad. Stop it. Jon gave up a lot and he is not a bad looking man. She should of gave him a chance just like the first couple of the season did, the one hosting the show, Jaime.  Jaime never gave up and she wasn't attracted to her husband at first. Then eventually she fell in love with Doug.  Molly should of got to know him and stop being so shallow. She will regret it. Jon would of dodged a bullet with Miss prissy anyway. He will find love soon.

2) Ryan he is a blabbermouth as Ralph Kramden once said...a blabber mouth. Talks so much I think he doesn't know what he is saying sometimes. I think also he is not into Jaclyn and she will eventually be dumped after the camera is off. He doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

3) Same with Jephte. He is not into Shawneice. He is too immature for marriage. Shawneice appears to be desperate and it's just a matter of time before he gives her the boot. She is an amazing person it seems and has a pretty smile, but he is not ready. I hope it works out especially when rumor said she is pregnant.

• Love 2

I am glad next week is the last episode, because I have almost reached my limit on listening to Ryan talk.  The cadence of his speech is the worst thing about him, even worse than the fact that he is a straight up gaslighting, moronic asshole!  I swear, it is like he has just ran up a flight of stairs between each sentence, because he has to take a deep, gasping breath right in the middle of a sentence every single time.  Sometimes multiple times in the same one!  Gaaahh!!!  You pause for breath at a comma or at the end of the sentence, Ryan!  Sheesh.  Now he made me use all those exclamation points, and I hate it when people use too many exclamation points.  Sorry, y'all.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was married to a guy (he passed away 4 years ago) who had a lot of trouble expressing emotions.  He came from a family where no one ever expressed anger or grief or much of anything.  In a relationship like that, one partner tends to do ALL the emotional work of the relationship.  I used to say that where emotions were concerned, I was my husband's ventriloquists dummy.  I expressed the things he couldn't.  If Shawniece is aware of this, it can work.  The only time it was a problem for me was when I needed to have a conversation about Deep Things In Our Relationship and he just couldn't deal with it.  If they run into this, they WILL need a counselor/mediator to work them through it.  Jephte is clearly terrified of Shawniece's hyperemotionalism (though unlike Sheila, hers is about joy and excitement as well as tears) but I do think that on some level he is smart enough to know it is good for him.  I think they are going to need a LOT of help finding equilibrium, but I think he realizes this and will be receptive to it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

So? Being frustrated doesn't excuse being a shaming jerk. Everyone gets frustrated with other people. how we respond to them is on us.  And he decided to be an entitled jerk about it. Just because someone once  engaged in daring behavior doesn't mean they want to do it with someone else. He reminded me of Cody from last season, always complaining about not having sex and never reflecting on why that behavior would be a turn off. 

I still don't get that he was "shaming," and as for the whining- yeah, he made some comment like "if we were dating we'd be at least making out by now," which was stupid and childish. I have always maintained that there shouldn't be ANY expectations or timeline regarding sex in these situations because even though (as our experts love to point out) they have made a LEGAL COMMITMENT and are LEGALLY MARRIED, they are still equivalent to early dating and for many, physical attraction and intimacy will take time.  Jon, to his credit, eventually decided to back off. But Molly's mentioning that she had engaged in more adventurous behavior, publicly, opened her up to his puzzlement when she clammed up right away.  It's like someone saying how they love to travel and want to see the world, but then refuse to leave their house because they don't want to leave their hometown.  Totally antithetical to what they've asserted, and asking about that doesn't make one a shamer.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

As far as Jephte saying that he wasn't in love with Shawniece, I don't think that's necessarily unusual or a bad sign.  It's only been 2 months.  They are still getting to know each other.  I think it would be more concerning for a person to be madly, deeply in love at that point because I would worry that the person is in love with the idea of love or marriage and not their partner.  Didn't Anthony from a previous season say the same thing about Ashley?  i.e., that he wasn't in love with her yet but could see himself falling in love with her?  

On the final "Unfiltered" there was a voiceover of Jepthe saying that he was falling for Shawniece.  I think the talking heads are misleading because some of them could have been filmed much earlier.  I'm going with what I heard in that final episode, which was filmed after the final decision episode.  I really like Shawniece and Jepthe, both together and separately.  Shawniece is an exceptional person showing a lot of self awareness for her age.  Jepthe has more going on than it looks on the surface.  He also has self awareness but it can be missed because of his quiet demeanor.  I am pulling in a big way for the two of them.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Jon and  Molly:

It does come down to physical attraction and that is very subjective. This show is about a leap of faith, even if you're not attracted to the person that was selected for you have to look past that. Shawniece had it right when she told Jephte we're married now I'm your wife. If Jephte or Molly wanted to pick someone based on their personal physical attraction they should have done their own spouse shopping. Whenever one of the couples doesn't have intimacy after a few weeks that should be a huge red flag the marriage needs intervention. It was obvious their marriage was going side ways. I don't look at lack of sex as 'the problem' lack of sex is a symptom something else is terribly wrong. I don't think as ill of Molly as I did initially, I believe she is frightfully immature and once in this situation wasn't willing to have a sit down with the 'experts' and Jon to handle the situation better. Instead she thought she was doing a good deed by staying with Jon and going through the motions. Jon should have smelled the coffee and called for an intervention to see if possibly anything could be salvaged. Instead they hoped doing the same thing would lead to different results. It didn't. The bar scene was Jon's wake up call but he should have been alerted in week one.ve! 

I think Molly's "lack of attraction" for Jon is not because she would find him unattractive in a purely physical sense, but because she herself is a poser and is looking for a poser that she can fantasize is "worth her".  That is the real reason and it is about more than just physical attraction.  They say that cons are the biggest victims of other cons.  She would be more attracted to another con that put on a show for her.  Jon is just a nice, normal, genuine guy.  Too "small potatoes" for her.  I know a few guys she would probably like and all of them are big at crafting the suave "persona", but inside they're just as dysfunctional as Molly.  They say water seeks its own level.  Molly thought her level was above Jon.  She looked down on him.  Who the f--k does she think she is?  She has some over-inflated ego!  Jon is several levels above her!  He was right to call things off with her.  She is not worth another minute of his time or attention.  She is full of it that she would have continued if he wanted to.  She would have used the opportunity to dump him yet AGAIN.  I think he already knew he dodged a bullet with her.

I have to wonder why there wasn't any evidence of intervention done by the experts with this couple. I remember this in past seasons with couples who were not progressing by half way through the season.  This is actually one case where that really didn't happen unless that scene with Dr. Jessica was that, and we all know how that turned out - with her accusing Molly of dishonesty.  So perhaps they did try to help but realized it was futile given Molly's behavior.  She was obviously not going to let the experts help them.  Even if she did play along it would have been just for show and not genuine.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Molly VOLUNTEERED the threesome tidbit. She wanted the world to know how daring and funloving she was, and Jon was trying to resolve the total disconnect between that presentation and the cold fish he had ended up marrying. Not an unacceptable point to make at all, IMO.

Right. At that point Jon had not seen any of Molly's audition footage, which means she must have told him about it. It would be natural for them to discuss their sexual histories while getting to know each other, but why would Molly have included that specific detail? Because she was bragging and wanted to present herself as being open, fun loving and sexually adventurous. Same reason she mentioned it during her audition. So according to her, she's a wild 'n crazy gal, the life of the party, etc., including sexually.

If Molly had told Jon that her threesome was something she regretted and was embarrassed about, he would have had no reason to bring it up as a comparison when angry about her dismissive treatment of him. Saying, "You did [something you're ashamed of] before and now you won't give me the time of day" makes no logical sense.

• Love 4

I wish the best of luck to Jephte and Shawnice. I think once they work past the initial struggles all budding romances have, there will be room for love to really grow and flourish.

I don't think Ryan and Jackie will work it out and if they do, I think it is a big mistake that will make her lose her identity just to maintain his. Just the fact that he kept talking over her and does not respect her wants/needs is enough to end a farce marriage. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I still don't get that he was "shaming," and as for the whining- yeah, he made some comment like "if we were dating we'd be at least making out by now," which was stupid and childish. I have always maintained that there shouldn't be ANY expectations or timeline regarding sex in these situations because even though (as our experts love to point out) they have made a LEGAL COMMITMENT and are LEGALLY MARRIED, they are still equivalent to early dating and for many, physical attraction and intimacy will take time.  Jon, to his credit, eventually decided to back off. But Molly's mentioning that she had engaged in more adventurous behavior, publicly, opened her up to his puzzlement when she clammed up right away.  It's like someone saying how they love to travel and want to see the world, but then refuse to leave their house because they don't want to leave their hometown.  Totally antithetical to what they've asserted, and asking about that doesn't make one a shamer.

I agree with you 100%.  Molly asked for a guy that was adventurous and a risk taker, and then when he acts like one she acts all prim and proper.  What total BS.  She thought that if she presented herself as a certain type of woman she would have more chance of being matched with the specific kind of guy she had in mind, but the truth was she was not at all what she was presenting herself to be.  The fact that she had so much in common with Jon was true, but she's not looking for real commonality.  She has some kind of ideal guy in her mind that's really not a genuine person but some kind of fantasy. This is common among immature people in general.   I thought it was telling when the experts were asking her something like what it means when you don't like someone that reminds you of yourself.  Well DUH, it means you don't really like your true self very much.  And that's the real reason Molly never warmed up to Jon.  

I personally don't blame Jon in the least for some of his comments.  I thought he was actually pretty restrained under the circumstances, and not excessively shaming at all.  Any guy would look a little bit whiny and accusatory in that situation but given that I am sure he was telling the truth about her off-screen nastiness, what we saw him say was actually very understandable under the circumstances.  I also think we have to remember that the show repeats the same clips over and over again so it can give the impression that someone is harping on something when they only said it ONCE.  I think if Jon were paired with another genuine soul he would have come out looking like an amazing person.  I think it says a lot that he still looks so good despite being put in a very shitty situation.

• Love 10

Ryan's stupidity montage makes Jackie laugh?

Really should make her cringe and hide behind the chair she is sitting in...

Sad thing is Ryan doesn't understand or even know he is speaking in metaphors...

Ryan thinks a mixed metaphor is an alcoholic beverage...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

Tom Brady winning the World Series.  That’s my favorite.  

OMG my bf and I were cracking up at this!  He tries so hard to be a "man's man" and a "bro" and dude doesn't even know the difference between football & baseball.  His "bros" must think he is such a ginormous joke.  They've got to be cracking up behind his back. 

Reminds me of on the movie Mr. Mom where Jack was trying to look like a manly construction guy to intimidate his wife's boss... 

Jack Butler: No problem. Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it.

Ron Richardson: Yeah, you gonna make it all 220?

Jack Butler: Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes."

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

OMG my bf and I were cracking up at this!  He tries so hard to be a "man's man" and a "bro" and dude doesn't even know the difference between football & baseball.  His "bros" must think he is such a ginormous joke.  They've got to be cracking up behind his back. 

Reminds me of on the movie Mr. Mom where Jack was trying to look like a manly construction guy to intimidate his wife's boss... 

Jack Butler: No problem. Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it.

What we learned from all of that is that not only does Ryan not listen to others, he doesn’t even listen to what he is saying.  He’s like a bubble machine spouting out words instead of bubbles. The sound is the important thing

• Love 6

OMG, I have not been watching Unfiltered, but just saw the clip that was posted, and Jamie looks terrible!  I always thought she was a very pretty girl, but the dark hair parted down the middle and plastered to her head, is a terrible look for her.  I think that the reason she is wearing the mauve tablecloth is that it appears she has gained an enormous amount of weight (for her...not that her current weight makes her enormous), and she thinks the tablecloth hides it..but all it does is accentuate it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

HA! I like to tease my hubby with that Mr. Mom line when he starts taking on a Manly Project.

It's such a perfect metaphor for Ryan's pathetic attempts at being "One Of The Boys."

• Love 2

Finally watched Unfiltered, & wow, the damage control they were attempting was pathetic.  All the 'why not keep going after Decision Day' as if they decide no, then they absolutely haven't 'given it their all'.

So Jon & Jaclyn need to stay in toxic situations because if they don't, then it's not on the 'experts' - it's on them for 'not giving it their all'. 

I disagree with them that these two didn't know enough to make a decision yet; they had more than enough information. Jaclyn should've bailed as well - & Pepper knows that because she even admitted herself Ryan wasn't making time for the relationship, & I'm sure they were aware of other issues with him as well.

So they're going to look for 'older' people with some 'life behind them'. I wonder if that's Dallas or farther in the future like Philly.

• Love 4

1.  I have no idea WTF Molly's deal is, and I've actually given it considerable thought.....sadly.  Not saying Jon is perfect, but for the love of God, Molly.

2.  Throughout the entire season, I've had a single thought about Ryan, which is that he is an idiot.  I've expounded upon this in a prior post, so will leave it at that.  Not saying Jacklyn is perfect, but for the love of God, Ryan.

3.  I can't help myself lol....I totally am pulling for Jepthe and Shawniece.  Yes, Jepthe seems a bit behind where you'd expect emotionally and has trouble expressing himself sometimes, I think.  While Shawniece can come on a little, ummm, strong sometimes.  And damn, girl seems hell bent on being married.  No. Matter. What.  However, Shawniece also seems joyful, playful, sweet, fun, outgoing, loving....which I think is bringing out the best in Jepthe, who seems to me to be a pretty quality guy once you start to get glimpses of what's underneath his guarded exterior.  In fact, I think they both are bringing out the best in each other, which is really special, imho.  And even more, I think they're both aware of it and see the immense value in it.  I also agree with previous posters that Jepthe is well aware of his lack of role models and experience when it comes to having a healthy relationship, but he seems both open to and capable of learning.  As for a long-term future together, I could see them not being mature enough individually and in their relationship at this point to weather a huge conflict or something similar should it arise, but perhaps life circumstances will work to bind them together and give them the motivation and commitment to work through difficult times and maybe (hopefully) actually make it.  (-:

Edited by SabineElisabeth
spelling
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan's stupidity montage makes Jackie laugh?

Really should make her cringe and hide behind the chair she is sitting in...

Sad thing is Ryan doesn't understand or even know he is speaking in metaphors...

Ryan thinks a mixed metaphor is an alcoholic beverage...

Yeeeees! I don't think Jackie will regret the sex, only ever  finding anything adorable about him. 

He is the worst.

• Love 3

I think a lot about Molly and what in the world was it about Jon that she found so objectionable? I remember as a teenager when I moved to a new town, I could list the really handsome boys pretty quickly ... but as time went on, many more boys were added to my "attractive boys" list. Because one had a great smile, another had gorgeous eyes, another was nice to me when I spilled my lunch on the floor. People that you like become better looking as time goes on! Liking someone makes you less judgmental as far as surface things like looks. And it seems like Jon treated her very well, was patient, was kind, interacted with her family, etc., etc. I don't think it was Jon's fault that the relationship went nowhere.

• Love 8

Ryan is such a buffoon. I could swear Pepper and Jessica were cringing when Ryan interrupted Jacklyn and the almost seemed like their eyes were looking pleadingly into hers hoping she wouldn’t stay with this bozo. Hell, I was too! I’m still doing a Wait, wot? Here about it.  

By a show of hands, was Jephte serious when he said he wanted to keep in touch with the guys? I’m sure he and Jon would but they’ll drop that ridiculous little man like the hot stinking turd he is. 

Molly needs to join a nunnery 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Ryan is such a buffoon. I could swear Pepper and Jessica were cringing when Ryan interrupted Jacklyn and the almost seemed like their eyes were looking pleadingly into hers hoping she wouldn’t stay with this bozo. Hell, I was too! I’m still doing a Wait, wot? Here about it.  

By a show of hands, was Jephte serious when he said he wanted to keep in touch with the guys? I’m sure he and Jon would but they’ll drop that ridiculous little man like the hot stinking turd he is. 

Molly needs to join a nunnery 

Nunneries aren’t that into nails, hair, and make up

• Love 2

I'm at the point where I could care less what Molly's problem with Jon was, but, no one should treat someone like crap nor should the other person act like a martyr & sit there & take it. She could've pulled a Heather but was too PR conscious, or enjoying the cameras, & it bit her in the ass. Jon could've manned up & left her since she was such a horrible bitch. Posters here were saying he looked pathetic before we even heard the recording.

Regardless, it pisses me off that Pepper & Cal had the freakin' nerve to spout platitudes about couples 'not trying hard enough' or 'giving up', & the new one -  'why can't they just stay past the decision day & see what happens'...

Yet somehow the Molly's & Ryan's (& past others) sneak their way through the rigorous selection process. Ryan didn't instantly become an idiot (who doesn't even know what contraception means) via marriage, but somehow the 'experts' didn't pick up on this fact in their extensive & probing interviews.

I'm also wondering why 'experts' who are supposedly concerned about not choosing people who may 'just want the show & not the marriage', go ahead & choose someone like Molly who admitted she went to a performing arts school (she said this to Jon so the 'experts' should have been well aware). If they really wanted to be careful, that alone should have disqualified her.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6

This show is obviously edited but it must have been very heavily edited this season because for the life of me I can't figure out what Molly's problem was... The show edited nate to look like this man of faith who really believed in marriage and his wife was an unbalanced shrew who kept having mini nervous breakdowns and fits of rage. When in reality nate was a scum bag who never stopped seeing other women while he was married. Sheila was taking the commitment seriously and nate was a huge fake. They made Ashley look like a cold fish who was incredibly dismissive and mean to poor David. Poor David turned out to be a huge asshole with a skeevy personality.. And Heather looked like a massive bitch who never gave Derrick a chance. They had the fact that Derrick had a drug addiction and that might be a legitimate deal breaker for a woman.. So while based on what we are shown I'm more sympathetic to Jon than Molly i just think Jon got a good edit like nate and tres and skeevy David and maybe Molly had a legit reason to pull away from him. 

Also can't figure out why Jackie would ever decide to stay married to Ryan unless the huge selfish jerk routine was just the way he was edited. Ryan clearly showed her exactly who he was and what his priorities  are and she definitely didn't make the list. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

This show is obviously edited but it must have been very heavily edited this season because for the life of me I can't figure out what Molly's problem was... The show edited nate to look like this man of faith who really believed in marriage and his wife was an unbalanced shrew who kept having mini nervous breakdowns and fits of rage. When in reality nate was a scum bag who never stopped seeing other women while he was married. Sheila was taking the commitment seriously and nate was a huge fake. They made Ashley look like a cold fish who was incredibly dismissive and mean to poor David. Poor David turned out to be a huge asshole with a skeevy personality.. And Heather looked like a massive bitch who never gave Derrick a chance. They had the fact that Derrick had a drug addiction and that might be a legitimate deal breaker for a woman.. So while based on what we are shown I'm more sympathetic to Jon than Molly i just think Jon got a good edit like nate and tres and skeevy David and maybe Molly had a legit reason to pull away from him. 

I somehow don't think Jon is being given an edit to hide something awful about him that justifies Molly's treatment of him.  I think the worst of it is that he was too bitter and sulky about feeling rejected and it turned her off even more, and she couldn't get over it.  Of course I don't have any inside information to back this up, just gut instinct.  Nate always felt slimy to me.  I didn't buy what he was selling, so I took Sheila's behavior with a grain of salt.  Same with Tres.  He acted about as slimy as a used car salesman, and he was a car salesman, LOL.  David acted like a big dufus in his season and his on screen behavior didn't add up in my opinion.  I felt that regardless of his skeevy personality (which we didn't even see completely until "Second Chances"), Ashley was even worse as a person.  I have a feeling that if the truth were told, even if Jon turned out to be less than perfect, Molly would still look far worse than him in the final analysis.

• Love 4

I haven't read through this thread yet so forgive me if this has already been discussed but I don't get how none of these people have fallen in love with their partner over an eight week period.   I mean, even Shawneice who completely wears her heart on her sleeve (which might be an understatement.)  I've been in love a few times in my life, and each time it happened within a month and I wasn't living with these people and around them 24/7 which intensifies the relationship! 

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, I just found it odd that after an eight week period of time under such intense conditions, no one actually fell in love.  

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 2

I don't understand how anyone could actually fall in love in an 8 week period with someone who they just met, married & are being constantly trailed by a film crew with as they try to reconcile whether the person they are hooked to is even in it for the right reasons - & that is only if they are as well.

Sorry for the run on, but it confounds me how that could possibly happen given their odd circumstances. If they're in it for real, then I think it can happen, but only after all the cameras leave & they get a chance to sort it out for themselves, without that constant pressure.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
On April 26, 2018 at 8:35 AM, Yeah No said:

I think Molly's "lack of attraction" for Jon is not because she would find him unattractive in a purely physical sense, but because she herself is a poser and is looking for a poser that she can fantasize is "worth her".  That is the real reason and it is about more than just physical attraction.  They say that cons are the biggest victims of other cons.  She would be more attracted to another con that put on a show for her.  Jon is just a nice, normal, genuine guy.  Too "small potatoes" for her.  I know a few guys she would probably like and all of them are big at crafting the suave "persona", but inside they're just as dysfunctional as Molly.  They say water seeks its own level.  Molly thought her level was above Jon.  She looked down on him.  Who the f--k does she think she is?  She has some over-inflated ego!  Jon is several levels above her!  He was right to call things off with her.  She is not worth another minute of his time or attention.  She is full of it that she would have continued if he wanted to.  She would have used the opportunity to dump him yet AGAIN.  I think he already knew he dodged a bullet with her.

I have to wonder why there wasn't any evidence of intervention done by the experts with this couple. I remember this in past seasons with couples who were not progressing by half way through the season.  This is actually one case where that really didn't happen unless that scene with Dr. Jessica was that, and we all know how that turned out - with her accusing Molly of dishonesty.  So perhaps they did try to help but realized it was futile given Molly's behavior.  She was obviously not going to let the experts help them.  Even if she did play along it would have been just for show and not genuine.

The only thing that really bothers me about Jon is that he wore his heart on his sleeve the whole time.  He was so intent on making Molly fall for him.  It took him too long to realize she didn't want him.  He actually made himself look like an ass.  He's a smart guy.  How could he not see that she was a lying, conceited, entitled bitch?  

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, psychoticstate said:

Also want to say that while Jon and Molly had some similarities in personality and/or interests, I don't think they were really alike.  I think Jon came off fairly honestly - - he liked outdoor activities, he was more of an extrovert, he had a (sometimes goofy) sense of humor.  Molly is a poser.  Maybe she wants to be the outgoing life of the party but she's not.  She also didn't seem very open and game to try things while I think Jon is.  

As far as Jephte saying that he wasn't in love with Shawniece, I don't think that's necessarily unusual or a bad sign.  It's only been 2 months.  They are still getting to know each other.  I think it would be more concerning for a person to be madly, deeply in love at that point because I would worry that the person is in love with the idea of love or marriage and not their partner.  Didn't Anthony from a previous season say the same thing about Ashley?  i.e., that he wasn't in love with her yet but could see himself falling in love with her?  

That's interesting.  I thought it was weird that no one was falling in love 8 weeks in, especially after living together and being together every day.   It'd be interesting to know kind of what the average time is that people fall in love in a relationship (of course there's no objective answer to that).  I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic because it's never taken longer than about 6 weeks for me to fall in love if I'm going to fall in love at all.   It's an interesting topic I've never really thought about.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't understand how anyone could actually fall in love in an 8 week period with someone who they just met, married & are being constantly trailed by a film crew with as they try to reconcile whether the person they are hooked to is even in it for the right reasons - & that is only if they are as well.

Sorry for the run on, but it confounds me how that could possibly happen given their odd circumstances. If they're in it for real, then I think it can happen, but only after all the cameras leave & they get a chance to sort it out for themselves, without that constant pressure.

All I can come up with for Jackie is that she liked Ryan at first, and wants to give him a chance to act right when he's not being filmed.

As far as Jon and Molly - if the experts say they "didn't try everything" - what was left to try except for Molly having sex with Jon?  But no one is bold enough to say it.

I used to have a friend who was only around between boyfriends, and when she got one she would disappear until it didn't work out.  She started dating a guy who (she said) really liked her, was great to her, good looking, but she just wasn't attracted to him.  I asked her if she had kissed him and she said "no" so I said, "If he's that great, maybe you should try it out and see if you like it!"  I never heard from her again, but several months (yes, MONTHS!) later I heard from someone else that they had gotten married!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

The only thing that really bothers me about Jon is that he wore his heart on his sleeve the whole time.  He was so intent on making Molly fall for him.  It took him too long to realize she didn't want him.  He actually made himself look like an ass.  He's a smart guy.  How could he not see that she was a lying, conceited, entitled bitch?  

She was purposely giving him mixed messages and at first he didn't really know what to believe about her.  I think as time went on he knew she didn't want him or else why would he have had such a bad attitude about it and filmed her being a bitch to him to show to the experts?   He was obviously on to her.  If he thought she liked him but just wanted some more time he wouldn't have had such a negative attitude and gone out of his way to prove that she was being dishonest to the experts.  So I don't agree on that  Now an ass would have been David with Ashley.  That was a guy that acted like he never smelled the coffee.

1 hour ago, princelina said:

As far as Jon and Molly - if the experts say they "didn't try everything" - what was left to try except for Molly having sex with Jon?  But no one is bold enough to say it.

I used to have a friend who was only around between boyfriends, and when she got one she would disappear until it didn't work out.  She started dating a guy who (she said) really liked her, was great to her, good looking, but she just wasn't attracted to him.  I asked her if she had kissed him and she said "no" so I said, "If he's that great, maybe you should try it out and see if you like it!"  I never heard from her again, but several months (yes, MONTHS!) later I heard from someone else that they had gotten married!!

I actually think some people have a fear of success so they avoid what would seal the deal on a relationship in one way or another.  Molly had already married the guy so the best way to sabotage it would be to avoid sex since she couldn't completely avoid interacting with him in other ways.

I keep hearing that it's "understandable" that Molly was "just not attracted to him" as if that's a reason for her not to have sex.  How many women over the eons have at least made out with guys they "weren't attracted to" and then found out suddenly that they WERE after they did it?  If not for that the human race would not number in the several billion.

I wasn't even that attracted to my own husband the first time I kissed him, but I liked him a lot and afterward I was like "sweet mystery of life at last I found thee" (like the song).  Molly had every reason and then some to take a chance at it to see if her feelings might change but she did nothing but dig her heels in even more.  I still think it was about more than sex with her.  She just didn't like HIM period.

• Love 5

OK, so... We all know Jon and Molly are out (Thank God!!)

And most people seem to think Jefte and Shawniece will stay together longer-term.

What about Ryan and Jaclyn? Does anyone think they'll be together for the next episode?

23 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

And most people seem to think Jefte and Shawniece will stay together longer-term.

What about Ryan and Jaclyn? Does anyone think they'll be together for the next episode?

If prayer works, they are not

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I think it depends on how recently it was filmed. I bet they're not together right now, today, but if the reunion episode was filmed like a month after decision day, they probably were.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, gonecrackers said:

That's true and is something I hadn't really thought about.  Someone on the show had mentioned previously that being together 24/7 kind of fast forwards an average relationship.  So the 8 week period is really more like 6 months is the "normal" world which is why I was scratching my head that even Shawneice (you KNOW that girl has been in love at least a dozen times) wouldn't say she was in love with Jephthe.  But I hadn't thought of the invasive cameras and such. 

This is my first season watching.  Have any of the couples in the history of the show ever fallen in love by decision day?

21 hours ago, princelina said:

All I can come up with for Jackie is that she liked Ryan at first, and wants to give him a chance to act right when he's not being filmed.

Yep, sometimes you can't tell if there's really chemistry there until you just take the plunge.  See: every movie about lifetime friends falling in love that's ever been made.

• Love 3