Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

According to EW, Mark Hamill will be on today. It's clear that the interview was taped, because they provided a clip. And whyyyyyy is that TWAT there, and not Joy and Sunny????

I checked the lineup listing on ABC News "The View" section on their site and they don't have him listed at all. I thought he might have cancelled on them or something. I wonder why they taped his interview and held it? Now I'm wondering if I want to even bother with RBM being involved.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I checked the lineup listing on ABC News "The View" section on their site and they don't have him listed at all. I thought he might have cancelled on them or something. I wonder why they taped his interview and held it? Now I'm wondering if I want to even bother with RBM being involved.

The article was dated yesterday, and it states the interview will be aired today.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really want Emma to come on this show.

OMG could you imagine Meghan criticizing Emma in person?  Not that I think she would.  Meghan is always polite to guests who are capable of swatting back.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The article was dated yesterday, and it states the interview will be aired today.

I know. Just frustrated with the show about how everything had been handled lately. They could have aired Mark's interview on Friday if we weren't being punished with a 2nd "View Your Deal" every damn week now. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan's Twitter page is full of people calling her out for attacking David Hogg for his use of "strong language," and pointing out the hypocrisy in the number of times she has used the same language.  

I'd say the responses are about 90% against her.

Taking response to Meghan's thread.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

OMG could you imagine Meghan criticizing Emma in person?  Not that I think she would.  Meghan is always polite to guests who are capable of swatting back.

She wouldn't dare. And if she did, Emma would wipe the chair/floor with her ass. Emma is the one person I would really like to hear from.

• Love 16
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Bingo.  -   And WHEW!  A Meggie-free zone today.  I just may watch the whole show now.

I wasn't paying full attention when the show first started. I did see Mark Hamill was indeed mentioned as being on today's show. I wondered why I didn't hear any screeching and whining going on then I saw RBM was missing from the table.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 8

I love that Whoopi ripped up her card that had information about the transgender military ban.

She also just said to Sunny, "you're too smart to be confused," because Sunny said that this isn't who Trump showed us to be (something like that). Honestly, that was a stupid thing to say.

Edited by Alexis2291
misspelled a word
  • Love 16
51 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wonder if ABC got blowback from Meghan's over the line nastiness towards the kids marching and are giving her a day off to rethink her position

ABC didn't need to give Meghan a day off to rethink her position.

ABC needed Meghan off  to realize she is insufferable and this show is better without her. I will say!

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I can't believe Joy referenced the split screen between Elisabeth and Rosie.  Am I right in thinking that is first time it was ever mentioned?

I can't be certain, but I'm 99% sure Joy has brought it up before, albeit not during Bill Geddie's reign as producer, but definitely after that.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I can't believe Joy referenced the split screen between Elisabeth and Rosie.  Am I right in thinking that is first time it was ever mentioned?

Meghan mentioned it her first day - while saying she was so proud to sit in the seat once occupied by hasselbrat. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I love that Whoopi ripped up her card that had information about the transgender military ban.

She also just said to Sunny, "you're too smart to be confused," because Sunny said that this isn't who Trump showed us to be (something like that). Honestly, that was a stupid thing to say.

I like Sunny but yeah i was even like, really Sunny? 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That Roseanne segment was awkward and she seemed high. 

It was totally awkward, from Roseanne seeming "spacey",  to Whoopi acknowledging she looked like she didn't know what she was doing, to Joy talking to herself. 

• Love 14

A day without Meghan, mostly.   Ahhhh!!!

Whoopi was having difficulty with all of the teleprompter reading today.  Methinks she didn't preview the lead-ins and questions beforehand.  At one point Sara started to very naturally ask a question of the Roseanne cast, and Whoopi challenged her to say she was supposed to be asking the question, then she awkwardly read it, and it was basically the same question.  Another time Joy prompted Whoopi that it was her turn to ask the question.  Another time it was Joy's turn to re-intro the segment after commercial break and Joy chastised camera person for not being there.  And then Whoopi admits that it looks like she doesn't know what she is doing today.

Roseanne is very flaky, just watch eps of her macadamia reality show.  She was the same today, although dressed kind of old auntie eccentric.  She had difficulty getting on her chair and Joy had to help her. John Goodman is a tolerant man.  Sara was very humble, ensuring to defer to Roseanne, even though she is an EP on the show, and got the ball rolling for the reboot.

Yes, Sunny should have presented the info on Trump differently but her point was, he is okay with Caitlyn Jenner using whatever bathroom in his hotel, but he is not okay with transgender people serving in the military.  Basically pointing out his flip flop.  Whoopi's point from her blue card was more impactful, because it is about how the policy itself is contradictory.  I believe she said if you have had the surgery, or you are planning on it, you cannot serve.  But if you are transgender and do not plan on the surgery, you can serve.  I don't know if that is accurate but that is what I think I heard and then she was so disgusted that she tore up her card.  So essentially she was pointing out the illogic of his position...as was Sunny.  Later Whoopi said Sunny didn't know why Trump was lying, and Joy corrected her to say Sunny said she was confused.  It was a big mess and she should have just let Sunny make her point without the histrionics of: you are too smart to be confused.  Sunny certainly could have said to Whoopi that she is too smart to be so stupid, when she didn't know if Bill Cosby was a rapist because, you know, she wasn't there.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

A day without Meghan, mostly.   Ahhhh!!!

Wasn't it nice?  No screeching.  No whataboutism.  They could discuss Trump without Meghan trying to defend/excuse the topic.

With them not replacing Meghan at the table today I wonder if her absence was given very short notice.

• Love 10

taking a side road from MM dissing (not that i don't despise her), can we talk about the newest "co-host" Greta Monahan? Let me preface by saying that I don't hate her at all and think she is probably a sweet person (i used to love her on Rachel Ray's old show).  However, "lifestyle expert" is a "nebulous" title (copyright MM), and I often where people go to get that degree. I truly feel bad for Sara to have to squeal over every new (same) purse, pillow, bangle bracelet, skin cream, phone holder, pocket scarf that it trotted out. At least lately we are spared the Whoopster sneaking out to steal something... but honestly they shill the same products week after week and now TWICE a week???

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, pachebo said:

lifestyle expert" is a "nebulous" title (copyright MM)

I think you mean "TM" (trademark).

Speaking of which, I was bummed I wasn't home yesterday, because I could REALLY have used that remove a stain thingie that was on sale!

What the heck was going on today during the Roseanne cast interview? That was one of the worst interviews I have seen on the View. Even Whoopi said, I know it looks like I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I was just shaking my head laughing, when Whoopi said, Sara, and was referring to Sara Gilbert to ask her a question, and The View Sara thought she was talking to her. It felt like Sara, Joy, and Sunny were just sitting there the first segment, and Whoopi asked all the questions off the teleprompter and read them very poorly.

• Love 7

I finally got to watch for the first time in over a week (family here).  What a treat without Megan.  

Roseanne and John are doing the interview circuit and they are sick of doing it, clearly.   Probably never wanted to in the first place, not many do.  Every interview was off and odd.  John barely says anything and stares off into space and Roseanne just doesn't engage well in interviews, never has.  So I found nothing unusual with them.  No clue why Whoopi was off her game, as lame as that can be anyway.  It would have helped if any of the hosts were fans of the show or at least had watched it but that was not the case!  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Or the larger picture as a self proclaimed "political analyst." Which makes me giggle because she does not analyse anything and is hardly in demand. I think it is the bubble thing. And her status as her Dad's daughter, yet not a single credential to her name. 

You know what has been added to her resume?  EMMY-NOMINATED!   The show AND the hosts:  Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Faris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila, Meghan McCain,     Surely they won't win.

• Love 3

I didn't watch, today, but, I HATE when Sunny plays stupid/coy/conciliatory/flirty/shy/fill-in-the-blanks... at least, I hope she's just playing and not really a little dense.

When MMs out, at this point, I figure it's, either, that she can't take the heat or her father might be ill. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Speaking of which, I was bummed I wasn't home yesterday, because I could REALLY have used that remove a stain thingie that was on sale!

I just checked the VIEW YOUR DEAL website.  You can still order yesterday's items until MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I HATE when Sunny plays stupid/coy/conciliatory/flirty/shy/fill-in-the-blanks

You and me both.  Sometimes she even sticks her lower lip out in such a childish pout.  When she acts like that, I try and square that with her former job as a ?tough? prosecutor - and I find it very hard to envision that.  That's why I'm also with you on hoping that this is just an act and not her being naturally that dumb.  All that being said, I do like her and hate it  when Whoopie zeroes in on her for some nit-picky thing or other, while giving free rein to Motormouth Meghan McCain. 

• Love 10