Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:53 AM, Asp Burger said:

Back a year or two ago, when Carly was consistently acting even more unhinged than usual -- I can't remember about what, maybe Michael still giving Nelle chances even after her first round of scheming/sekritz came out -- I suggested in the episode thread that she should get a stroke story. I mean, it's a hospital show with some doctors, and one of them does brain-related things, and she's going to be front-burner all the time anyway, so why not? They saddled another female lead with polycythemia vera, after all (which I hated). I said at the time that LW would probably do well with the rehab scenes, playing things like being frustrated because she can't button her clothes or express herself clearly.   

Now, I'm not taking credit for anything (writers, if you're reading these boards and taking our suggestions, I wish you hadn't picked mine! There were better ones!). However, I'm wondering if that's where it's going now. Didn't Kim actually mention stroke as one of the risks of her high-risk pregnancy? I'm damn sure not expecting her to follow orders to keep calm and take it easy for the duration.  She's done stupid risky things during all of her pregnancies, the successful ones and the unsuccessful ones. And she's Carly. 

She did say to Jason that if he hadn't found her she might've had a stroke climbing up the wall that cannot be climbed.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I have really not been liking this Sonny/Robert/Dante story.  Chasing after Dante (who's back for like four episodes) who's chasing after some Big Bad we don't know?  So dumb.

It won't resolve anything. Dante won't be returning to Port Charles for good, so what's the point? They need to either recast or split up Dante and Lulu so she isn't in limbo.

I thought sending off Dante for an undercover op was a decent way to write off the character, even if it left Lulu stranded. But it gave them time to figure out what to do with Dante. Instead we get this nonsense.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It won't resolve anything. Dante won't be returning to Port Charles for good, so what's the point? They need to either recast or split up Dante and Lulu so she isn't in limbo.

I assumed that’s why Dante was returning short term, so he and Lulu could break up and he could head back out on another mission or whatever.  That would leave Lulu free to date.... who? Chase? Peter?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I assumed that’s why Dante was returning short term, so he and Lulu could break up and he could head back out on another mission or whatever.  That would leave Lulu free to date.... who? Chase? Peter?

I don't understand why the role has not been recast. Is FV hoping that DZ will come back?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sonny gives an order

Carly has an uneasy feeling

This is what passes for a spoiler? Sonny does nothing but give orders and Carly has uneasy feelings every time she wants to poke  her nose into somethin.g

Griffin tries to exorcize his demons

Not again!

Laura has trouble moving beyond her anger

Kevin gets a big dose of reality

Okay, now I'm getting interested.

Liesl gets a bad vibe

I hope it's about something good.

• Love 2

Felicia is haunted by the past

Great timing.  TIIC just couldn't resist sticking the toxic Carly and Jason characters into the Ryan plot.  #TFGH.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 1

Wow, if only that scene wasn't some dream sequence and he really took Girl Reporter out (but who would report on HER death?  She's the ONLY REPORTER in Port Charles!  Conundrum!).

BTW, why is their bedroom a bleak black dungeon with only a porthole window? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

"The other half of Nina's necklace resurfaces."

It's gotta be Willow, right? There's just no reason for Nina to be this aggressive about Willow's teaching methods, unless the show is using it as extra tension for The Reveal. 

I'm surprised Willow's not sleeping with or flirting with Valentine prior to the reveal, in the grand tradition of Sam/Alexis/Rick,  Carly/Bobbi/Tony or AMC's Kendall/Erica/Dimitri.

• Love 2

Sam is in a rush to get to Kelly's

Is there a special on BLTs?

5 hours ago, nilyank said:

"I will complete the mission."

With a gun the size of a howitzer. LOL. Usually Sonny is the one who has to use the biggest gun.

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

"The other half of Nina's necklace resurfaces."

It's gotta be Willow, right? There's just no reason for Nina to be this aggressive about Willow's teaching methods, unless the show is using it as extra tension for The Reveal. 

I'm surprised Willow's not sleeping with or flirting with Valentine prior to the reveal, in the grand tradition of Sam/Alexis/Rick,  Carly/Bobbi/Tony or AMC's Kendall/Erica/Dimitri.

Ohmygawd, WHO CARES about Nina's long-lost daughter?!

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. 

It would have been cruel but I would have preferred it if after the truth of Sasha came out there would an admission - from Valentin, from anyone - that there never was a child in the first place.

• Love 7
On 3/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, LexieLily said:

It would have been cruel but I would have preferred it if after the truth of Sasha came out there would an admission - from Valentin, from anyone - that there never was a child in the first place.

I don't think that's cruel, actually, given how many times Nina has been duped about the kid. At least no child in the first place draws a line under the whole thing. (Though I wouldn't trust the show not to change its mind.)

I am not looking forward to Nina shrieking at Valentin for lying to her again—that's what he does; accept it or dump him for good—or showing absolutely no boundaries with Willow the moment she finds out she's her daughter. Poor Willow, soon to be saddled with Nina in her life. As if Shiloh and that whole mess, not to mention eventually finding out her baby is dead, isn't bad enough.

Edited by dubbel zout
missing comma
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think that's cruel, actually, given how many times Nina has been duped about the kid. At least no child in the first place draws a line under the whole thing. (Though I wouldn't trust the show not to change its mind.)

I am not looking forward to Nina shrieking at Valentin for lying to her again—that's what he does; accept it or dump him for good—or showing absolutely no boundaries with Willow the moment she finds out she's her daughter. Poor Willow, soon to be saddled with Nina in her life. As if Shiloh and that whole mess, not to mention eventually finding out her baby is dead isn't bad enough.

If Nina doesn't dump him for good what is her limit? Valentin killed Nikolas and kept Charlotte from Lulu and she stayed with him and encouraged the behavior. Valentin played part in getting HER brother killed and she left him for five minutes but went back to him because, again, he offered her a child. When she finds out the daughter he offered her wasn't hers and he knew that and did it anyway what reason can she give for staying with him?

• Love 2

Pitting Nina against Shiloh in a fight for her daughter could be interesting, more interesting than Sleepy Sam trying to save Kristina, anyway. Having Nina screeching at him might be enough to drive Shiloh out of town. Conversely, having Nina screeching at him might be enough to drive Shiloh to murder. Either way,  a win for the viewers -- scenes that we can FF, and an eventual reduction of players on the canvas. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh no, who is poor Monica getting saddled with now?

Kevin? He can't go home to Laura yet and since he keeps flashing his hospital bracelet obviously he has no ID or money so he can't rent a hotel room and Mac/Felicia are still too angry. Unless Lucy takes him in? 

But it will probably be poor perpetually dying-but-never-sick Oscar.

Edited by LexieLily
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That kid from Turkey or wherever Dante and Sonny were? I image we haven't seen the last of him but then again TFGH never follows through.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin? He can't go home to Laura yet and since he keeps flashing his hospital bracelet obviously he has no ID or money so he can't rent a hotel room and Mac/Felicia are still too angry. Unless Lucy takes him in? 

Lucy would absolutely take him in, but given she's never on-screen let alone her home...

I do think whatever's going on with Gail's will will (heh) impact or pull in Kevin somehow so maybe it is Kevin Monica takes in.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy would absolutely take him in, but given she's never on-screen let alone her home...

I do think whatever's going on with Gail's will will (heh) impact or pull in Kevin somehow so maybe it is Kevin Monica takes in.

Isn't Lucy supposed to offer moral support this week?

Oh is she?  I hadn't heard that.  Yay!

I do hope, though, that she also expresses some anger at him.  Let us not forget, Ryan came damn close to killing Lucy too, right before Laura got home.

• Love 1

In other news, is there any GH institution that's been dragged through the mud more than the WSB?  Can't wait to hear Sonny et. al yell at Robert, Anna, etc. that Dante's current state is all their fault. #ugh

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh is she?  I hadn't heard that.  Yay!

I do hope, though, that she also expresses some anger at him.  Let us not forget, Ryan came damn close to killing Lucy too, right before Laura got home.

I think so, yes, and I'm only assuming it's about the Kevin situation because it's too early for anything Nurses' Ball related and she doesn't seem to get to do anything else, story-wise. 

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, is there any GH institution that's been dragged through the mud more than the WSB?  Can't wait to hear Sonny et. al yell at Robert, Anna, etc. that Dante's current state is all their fault. #ugh

If this was any sort of real show or GH had any interest in hitting realistic beats I'd imagine the DXV might get pulled into this Kevin/Ryan mess considering they relinquished one of their rogue operatives or whatever Ryan was for them to a private citizen and then washed their hands of him. I would also assume the DVX would want to throw Kevin under the legal bus and make their involvement disappear.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But it will probably be poor perpetually dying-but-never-sick Oscar.

Hasn't Oscar moved back home with Kim now?  Not to mention, she's such a mama bear that if Oscar moved into Monica's house, she'd move in with him.

Oscar should have been told that "the tumor hasn't grown any larger because we need to play out a few stories first but as soon as they're done, you'll be dying again."

As a psychiatrist, Kevin has to have been making $200,000 + a year. Unless Ryan emptied out his bank accounts and all his stocks and funds, and there doesn't seem like there was time to,  he still has money.  Although I could see him moving in with Monica for the emotional support, but Lucy makes more sense.

After the debacle with the portrait, Monica should be very wary about opening her home to people from Turkey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oscar should have been told that "the tumor hasn't grown any larger because we need to play out a few stories first but as soon as they're done, you'll be dying again."

*giggle*

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I think so, yes, and I'm only assuming it's about the Kevin situation because it's too early for anything Nurses' Ball related and she [Lucy] doesn't seem to get to do anything else, story-wise. 

I think Lucy will also be the in the Gail will storyline, she was named as well and I believe Lynn Herring said as much in an interview.  It would be a good way to throw her, Kevin, Laura, even Scotty together in story - being forced to work together on Gail's bequest.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Monica opens her home to a special guest

I was thinking Jax? Or would he stay at the MetroCourt?

I feel like "special guest" indicates someone we haven't seen in a while. I'd think Monica would be angry with Kevin because Ryan pretending to be him opened the hospital to a huge liability problem.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was thinking Jax? Or would he stay at the MetroCourt?

I thought we were still a month or so off from Jax.  Also, he could stay in Carly's empty house that he paid for.

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

You know what would be good? Having Chet help Dante. He could draw on his own PTSD from combat to assist Dante through whatever it is he is going through.

If only Dante would be around long enough to do this story.😢

• Love 1