Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's better.

This is Oscar we're talking about, people.

Sam looks like a total asshole. Whether it's Oscar or not, that's her daughter's brother.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Neptune said:

The Show: Isn't this so sad!  Our beloved Oscar is dying.  And don't Oscar and Joss just totally remind you of Robin and Stone. 

Me:  It's not because WE DON'T CARE!  Good because WE DON'T CARE!  And Oscar and Joss are nothing like Robin and Stone because WE DON'T CARE!

My gawd, I mean, I'm sure there are fans who care about him and about him and Joss, but you cannot convince me there's enough to approach his death like this.  It's  just so tone-deaf.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

This story was all about Joss and more Corinthos shit, why have Sonny in that promo at all? Because everything is always about them!

But this is what you get when you have someone like CVE in the writers room and FV.

At least he is dying, unlike DOD which will probably go into the fall at this rate since they think this Shiloh thing is actually good.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

Also, am I supposed to be excited about the show killing YET ANOTHER QUARTERMAINE?  Even a crappy retcon one like Oscar?  And making poor Monica cry AGAIN?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, am I supposed to be excited about the show killing YET ANOTHER QUARTERMAINE?  Even a crappy retcon one like Oscar?  And making poor Monica cry AGAIN?

I don't think you're supposed to be excited. I think you're supposed to cry and marvel at the amazing storytelling.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

That's great with Liz and how she's been there for Oscar, but it's still garbage.  Sam was a much bigger part of Drew's life than Liz ever was, seeing that they got married and had a kid together, a child who is Oscar's only sibling.  

I should have said Elizabeth has been a friend to Drew and Kim. She and Oscar's doctor were old friends; I think Liz was the first person Kim confided in. Drew and Kim have had scenes leaning on and/or expressing gratitude toward Liz. 

I guess I just don't see Sam the way you all do re: importance in Drew and Oscar's life. Sam fell in love with Drew, and had a child with Drew, because she thought he was Jason. In the time since Drew and Oscar found out they're father and son, Sam had exactly one Christmas scene with Scout and Oscar that I am aware of. She has made one comment to Carly that it's sad Scout won't remember her big brother. There hasn't been a mention of Sam wanting Scout to spend time with her big brother, or Drew and Sam agreeing that Scout should spend time with Oscar. The last time I remember Oscar being a part of a conversation between Sam and Drew was when he broke the news that Oscar is terminal/ the experimental treatment didn't work. She had come to yap at him about Shiloh.

Elizabeth was falling for Drew when he was "Jake Doe", i.e. did not have identification. Long after Drew left her, when she and Franco were living together and she found out Oscar was dying, she got on Cam's case to be nice to him, to walk away instead of fighting, etc. During this storyline she has shown empathy towards Drew and Kim in multiple scenes (as a nurse, fellow mom, friend), but I also credit Becky as an actress for conveying that it's a heartbreaking situation. I just don't feel that from Kelly. I suppose Becky has a bit of an advantage, though, because she *is* a mother of a teenager and can understand how the parent characters must be feeling.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I should have said Elizabeth has been a friend to Drew and Kim. She and Oscar's doctor were old friends; I think Liz was the first person Kim confided in. Drew and Kim have had scenes leaning on and/or expressing gratitude toward Liz. 

I guess I just don't see Sam the way you all do re: importance in Drew and Oscar's life. Sam fell in love with Drew, and had a child with Drew, because she thought he was Jason. In the time since Drew and Oscar found out they're father and son, Sam had exactly one Christmas scene with Scout and Oscar that I am aware of. She has made one comment to Carly that it's sad Scout won't remember her big brother. There hasn't been a mention of Sam wanting Scout to spend time with her big brother, or Drew and Sam agreeing that Scout should spend time with Oscar. The last time I remember Oscar being a part of a conversation between Sam and Drew was when he broke the news that Oscar is terminal/ the experimental treatment didn't work. She had come to yap at him about Shiloh.

Elizabeth was falling for Drew when he was "Jake Doe", i.e. did not have identification. Long after Drew left her, when she and Franco were living together and she found out Oscar was dying, she got on Cam's case to be nice to him, to walk away instead of fighting, etc. During this storyline she has shown empathy towards Drew and Kim in multiple scenes (as a nurse, fellow mom, friend), but I also credit Becky as an actress for conveying that it's a heartbreaking situation. I just don't feel that from Kelly. I suppose Becky has a bit of an advantage, though, because she *is* a mother of a teenager and can understand how the parent characters must be feeling.

The Drew scenes with Liz are always to her benefit, it's always about him asking about Franco and helping her kids. Sorry Drew is a Friz prop.  He even was the poor soul to officiate that wedding...all because Liz was crying about Franco. Again.

Elizabeth fell in love with Jake Doe and acted like a psychopath for months because she thought he was Jason.  Whether it was out of character or not, it happened and it was creepy as hell.

She's right where she belongs with Franco as far as I'm concerned.   I don't need Drew propping her and her kids because she's sulking over Franco again.  It's always Drew going to her, how many times outside of last week has Liz made herself over to Drew's house to check up on him?  

Sam is written horribly.  She even gave a shit when Jake died but now doesn't care at all.  It makes no sense.'

You can view Sam's love for Drew anyway you want and think Liz's love with Fakeson was awesome and pure, either way Sam not checking on this kid is ridiculous when everyone else is.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam is written horribly.  She even gave a shit when Jake died but now doesn't care at all.  It makes no sense.

Sam isn't even allowed a scene to offer her condolences to Monica and that is even more egregious considering she's pawned both of her children off to The Quartermaine Daycare. 

• Love 7
Just now, LexieLily said:

Sam isn't even allowed a scene to offer her condolences to Monica and that is even more egregious considering she's pawned both of her children off to The Quartermaine Daycare. 

I don't know why it's being questioned and said it's "not strange Sam isn't there"  Yes it is! I remember all those stupid Fakeson scenes with Liz constantly worrying about Jake and his Helena nonsense, but Sam not checking on Oscar..that isn't strange, it's just how it is.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hater said:

The Drew scenes with Liz are always to her benefit, it's always about him asking about Franco and helping her kids. Elizabeth fell in love with Drew and the acted like a psychopath for months because she thought he was Jason.  Whether it was out of character or not, it happened and it was creepy as hell.

If you haven't noticed that Billy and Kelly have been pulled for scenes and have shared maybe 15 minutes of screentime since last March, idk what to tell you. Sam is written horribly.  She even gave a shit when Jake died.

A) There scenes have not all been of Drew showing up at her house to talk about Franco or her kids. Many of their scenes have been at the hospital.  Drew also showed up at the courthouse to defend what Cam (stupidly) did for his son Oscar. I agree that Elizabeth's behavior was disturbing after Nikolas told her that "Jake" was Jason, but she very clearly had strong feelings for him for months before that.

B) Of course I've noticed that Billy and Kelly have had little screentime. I think the last time Kelly was in a scene acting like a mom, sort of, was Halloween when SBu got to remind the audience he has two sons.  The Sam character used to act like she cared about Jake, Danny and Scout. When Sam and Drew found out Oscar was his kid, she was encouraging and kinda sweet. In the last year or so, she barely acknowledges that those four kids exist. (I was shocked when she mentioned Jake to Shiloh. )She figures Grandma Monica and Drew and Leo's nanny can raise her kids. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It's not only the Sam/Drew fanbase calling it out as strange, at least not on Twitter, it's Sam fans in general. 

It wouldn't be a big deal for me if it wasn't characters like Jason, Sonny, and Carly thrown into this.

I think this is BTS issues but who knows, it's just glaring when Oscar's former stepmom hasn't thought about this kid dying in months.  But Jason has! Sonny has! Carly is always there! For Joss of course but I don't forget when Carly threw Drew away like a piece of crap and was raging in his face for months about how he's not real Jason.

Alexis probably has shown more concern too.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Hater said:

I think this is BTS issues but who knows, it's just glaring when Oscar's former stepmom hasn't thought about this kid dying in months.  But Jason has! Sonny has! Carly is always there! For Joss of course but I don't forget when Carly threw Drew away like a piece of crap and was raging in his face for months about how he's not real Jason.

Alexis probably has shown more concern too.

Sonny and Carly give less than zero fucks about Oscar or Drew. It could be some nameless character in the role of "Joss' dying boyfriend" and they would react the same way. 

• Love 7

Sam/Drew have been put on two separate planes for whatever reason. 

Well it's probably because when in scenes together, even when their characters were supposed to be nothing more than friendly exes, Kelly was practically humping Billy. Guess they don't want to risk any more of those. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sam had exactly one Christmas scene with Scout and Oscar that I am aware of. She has made one comment to Carly that it's sad Scout won't remember her big brother.

At this point, I don't think Scout remembers her mother, so...

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Admittedly I just cannot take anything about Oscar or relating to him seriously.

Same. I’m waiting for it to be over and then they stop talking about him altogether ala Sabrina.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Show: Isn't this so sad!  Our beloved Oscar is dying.  And don't Oscar and Joss just totally remind you of Robin and Stone. 

Me:  It's not because WE DON'T CARE!  Good because WE DON'T CARE!  And Oscar and Joss are nothing like Robin and Stone because WE DON'T CARE!

My gawd, I mean, I'm sure there are fans who care about him and about him and Joss, but you cannot convince me there's enough to approach his death like this.  It's  just so tone-deaf.

Not only do I don't give any BLUEDILLY FUCKS! But Kimberly and Michael Sutton ARE EONS BETTER in the acting department. Stone BROKE my heart from the day he learned he had AIDS, the FEAR that he'd infected Robin when he got his blood on her at the shootout at what bar was it again? His whole story had HEART; affected every damn person on the show ORGANICALLY. Frank and his hacks can just FUCK OFF. I will do my Devil Happy Dance once Oscar croaks and Joss wails at her twu wuv being gone.

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Don't care.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I guess I just don't see Sam the way you all do re: importance in Drew and Oscar's life. Sam fell in love with Drew, and had a child with Drew, because she thought he was Jason.

This is the crux of the difference. Sam and Dream fans want to believe that Sam perked her ears up when she heard that he was Jason but she fell in love with Drew.

If the only reason she fell in love with him was because he was identified as Jason Morgan even though he's quite a different person (warmer, pays attention to his family, wanted to quit the mob), then she really does have the IQ of a piece of paper.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

f the only reason she fell in love with him was because he was identified as Jason Morgan even though he's quite a different person (warmer, pays attention to his family, wanted to quit the mob), then she really does have the IQ of a piece of paper.

I agree with you about Sam's IQ. I clearly recall a scene where Drew (at the time revealed to be Jason) was with Sam in her home and she said to him "you're really not that different." She talked about him being stubborn, etc. I would believe she fell in love with Drew for Drew if she had ever shown a sign of attraction to him or appeared jealous of his feelings for Elizabeth, sought him out because she felt a need to talk to him about something important in her life, or felt some need for Danny to get to know him - BEFORE the big "Jake is Jason" scene that stopped Elizabeth and Jake Doe's wedding.  Instead, her behavior came across as falling in love with 'Jason who has improved as a person as a result of everything he's been through since he was shot and rolled into the harbor."

I never said Elizabeth and Jakeson/Drew's love was pure and awesome, but I do believe she was falling in love with Drew way before Nikolas said "Jake is Jason" and she has been more concerned about Drew, Oscar, Kim's and Monica's pain/grief all this time than Sam has. (I get that there is BTS stuff going on; I'm addressing the reality of what's being presented.) Aside from her history and friendship with Drew, Elizabeth is connected to Oscar as a nurse and as his friend's mom, to Kim for those reasons plus they are friendly colleagues, and to Monica for decades because she was Emily's best friend, she was and is Monica's employee at the hospital, and she is the mother of Jason's first born. Monica also knew Elizabeth's grandparents for however many years before she ever moved in with "Grams." Sam and Monica's relationship is about Danny and Scout being taken care of, and once in a while it is/has been about their mutual love of Jason or Drew.

I will say that along with other posters, Sam showing next to zero interest (since reuniting with SBu's Jason) in her son with Jason, her daughter with Drew, Jason's son with Elizabeth, and Drew's son with Kim is not a good look after she told BM's Jason-now-Drew that she had "everything I ever wanted" when they were together and free to spend as much time as they wanted with Jake, Danny and baby Scout. 

Maybe the solution is for Sam fans to chalk her Drew and Oscar avoidance up to guilt for dumping Drew when various people were telling her she belonged with Jason? Otherwise she looks just as selfish/self-absorbed as the time she watched baby Jake get kidnapped and kept her mouth shut because she was so angry and hurt at Jason.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Correct.

I read @statsgirl's "IQ of a piece of paper" line and thought, "@HeatLifer would probably agree with that!" LMAO!!

It seems like the last time Jason showed signs of life was in his scene(s) with Robin at Anna's house, and the last time Sam showed signs of life was when she slapped Jason during a fight they staged for Shiloh to see. 

Hey GH: In case you're wondering, that is really bad when you want the audience to believe this couple's "love" is comparable to your supercouples of the past. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe the solution is for Sam fans to chalk her Drew and Oscar avoidance up to guilt for dumping Drew when various people were telling her she belonged with Jason? Otherwise she looks just as selfish/self-absorbed as the time she watched baby Jake get kidnapped and kept her mouth shut because she was so angry and hurt at Jason.

There is no solution, excuse or defense for Sam.  She sucks.  Just like Elizabeth turned into a complete psycho in 2015...there is no justifying any of it.

It's garbage writing. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seems like the last time Jason showed signs of life was in his scene(s) with Robin

Every other soap on the planet and other universes would have revisited Jason and Robin. But GH loves to cater to those loud fanbases on the Twitter app, as well as making sure Frank keeps his friends employed. Priorities.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Every other soap on the planet and other universes would have revisited Jason and Robin

I must disagree with you. (As you probably know. LOL!) No way would I want a doctor with a mobster robot. Sam can have this block of wood since she is about as interesting. Let like attract like.

Besides, that would mean Robin would be forever tied to Carly again and...no. Just no.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I must disagree with you. (As you probably know. LOL!) No way would I want a doctor with a mobster robot. Sam can have this block of wood since she is about as interesting. Let like attract like.

Besides, that would mean Robin would be forever tied to Carly again and...no. Just no.

You’re making this about what YOU want to see or wouldn’t want to see. 😛 I’m just talking about storyline potential and what an average writer would do with those characters and their history. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You’re making this about what YOU want to see or wouldn’t want to see. 😛 I’m just talking about storyline potential and what an average writer would do with those characters and their history. 

Maybe.  😛 But even so, the character's histories wouldn't likely be conducive to another round of J&R. When they were together as teens, they made sense. The girl with no future, the boy with no past. But Robin ended up having a future, after all. And her chosen career is not conducive to being with someone whose "moral code" is dark gray, at best. He likes being in the mob.

So, too, their histories are still in play. And - as life usually does - it separates the kids they were from the different adults they turned into.

(How's that?  😎 And this has been the latest installment of GH Point/Counterpoint! Stay tuned for the next episode, when our debate will be GH writers: Just lazy or incompetent hacks?)

• Love 11
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I wonder if they wouldn't have written Jason differently had he ended up with Robin. Steve Burton always seemed more alive with KMc than anyone else. I think they might have done more with the character had they gotten together.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe.  😛 But even so, the character's histories wouldn't likely be conducive to another round of J&R. When they were together as teens, they made sense. The girl with no future, the boy with no past. But Robin ended up having a future, after all. And her chosen career is not conducive to being with someone whose "moral code" is dark gray, at best. He likes being in the mob.

So, too, their histories are still in play. And - as life usually does - it separates the kids they were from the different adults they turned into.

(How's that?  😎 And this has been the latest installment of GH Point/Counterpoint! Stay tuned for the next episode, when our debate will be GH writers: Just lazy or incompetent hacks?)

I think you’re using hindsight to determine what the writers would have done with the possibilities of these characters. And, while Robin did have a moral code that wasn’t in line with Jason’s, Robin also didn’t see things as black and white as some fans had come to believe. That’s never how her character was written until she came back in 2005 and Guza wanted to label her as “judgey.”

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I think you’re using hindsight to determine what the writers would have done with the possibilities of these characters. And, while Robin did have a moral code that wasn’t in line with Jason’s, Robin also didn’t see things as black and white as some fans had come to believe. That’s never how her character was written until she came back in 2005 and Guza wanted to label her as “judgey.”

I never said Robin did. I'm just saying, as written, the characters in their current state aren't on the same path. But that will be all since I just realized we are in the spoiler and not the history thread. Sorry, everyone!  🙂

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Again. He is not Stone. Stop with the bawling characters in this dude’s bed.

No, he's not Stone, but those are his parents and I think it's a normal reaction for them to want to hold their son before he's taken away for good.

Writers decided to take shortcuts as they always do.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

No, he's not Stone, but those are his parents and I think it's a normal reaction for them to want to hold their son before he's taken away for good.

The promo is fine. It’s better than any dawn of day garbage. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And they could have done all this in a different setting.

I’m just waiting for two months from now when Joss and Cam are bonding on the bridge next to her lock with Oscar. All this is predictable. And they are using Stone/Robin’s playbook. Cam/Jason is on his way.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

So I'm reading a preview article about the Nurses' Ball on SID and it mentions that "an evening of romance for one Port Charles couple will end in a proposal."  I cannot fathom who that could be.

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I'm reading a preview article about the Nurses' Ball on SID and it mentions that "an evening of romance for one Port Charles couple will end in a proposal."  I cannot fathom who that could be.

Finn and Anna

(edited)

Oh, right.  Ugh.

I kinda figured the Nurses' Ball would be the backdrop to the reveal that LWB/FS is Alex's.  Wouldn't be provide much of a romantic backdrop.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, ulkis said:

Admittedly I just cannot take anything about Oscar or relating to him seriously.

He is the worst young actor I've ever seen on this show.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I thought Tamara and Billy tried their best to connect with him. But he was bad. 

10 hours ago, Hater said:
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Finn and Anna

Here's hoping Finn actually spits out the words, "Will you marry me?" He's been carrying around that dumb ring forever.

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

GS certainly didn't set things on fire, but I don't think he was that bad.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Hater said:

Finn and Anna

A proposal, yes. Finn's been chomping at the bit.

But the way they're writing Robert, not just messing with Finn but emphasizing his connection with Anna, makes me hopeful that the wedding won't go through.

• Love 3