Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I will speak for myself as someone who started watching GH b/c of MSt. Compared to Y&R GH is much more entertaining. Not saying better written but the tone is much more lighthearted so the campy doesn't grate like it does on Y&R which has a more serious tone in general.

I haven't liked the character of Nina all that well but she is improving and settling in so even though I started watching b/c of MSt I have kept watching b/c I am entertained by the show in general not for one person.

While I never cared for BM character on Y&R I do think BM is a decent actor and having watched Y&R when both BM and SBu were on at the same time I don't find BM appears much younger than SBu even though in years he might be.  Also though BM played a "lovable screwup" on Y&R he has been on several nighttime shows as a villian and can play dark very well. I personally actually prefer him dark to being goofie.

My only disappointment is I don't care for Sam or Patrick, so I'm sad he will be stuck in a story with them.

• Love 2

I will speak for myself as someone who started watching GH b/c of MSt. Compared to Y&R GH is much more entertaining. Not saying better written but the tone is much more lighthearted so the campy doesn't grate like it does on Y&R which has a more serious tone in general.

I haven't liked the character of Nina all that well but she is improving and settling in so even though I started watching b/c of MSt I have kept watching b/c I am entertained by the show in general not for one person.

While I never cared for BM character on Y&R I do think BM is a decent actor and having watched Y&R when both BM and SBu were on at the same time I don't find BM appears much younger than SBu even though in years he might be.  Also though BM played a "lovable screwup" on Y&R he has been on several nighttime shows as a villian and can play dark very well. I personally actually prefer him dark to being goofie.

My only disappointment is I don't care for Sam or Patrick, so I'm sad he will be stuck in a story with them.

I watched BM on AMC and he was REALLY DARK, so I can see him as Jason!  On Y & R he was a bit goofy at times, but I blame the writing, not the actor.  SB - let's just say I have never been a fan!

Edited by cgoff0704
  • Love 1

I think BM will show emotion and blink. I think he will be Jason Q, rather than totally Jason M. I'd rather a Jason Q haunted by the things that happened as Jason Morgan, rather than sweep them under the rug. Imo he will be written in to be horrified by what he and his former co workers have done, not okay with it. The question will be how will this impact Sam, Monica, Micheal, Danny.....which is better than sticking a bee in Sonny/Carly's bonnet, however awesome that is. Also, Miller looks like Chad Duell and Sean Kanan. I'm just worried because he goes on/off prednisone for a medical reason, like SK. I don't want anymore fat jokes on tv. Especially when the actor isn't fat at all. I'm concerned about Ron's immaturity more than Miller's performance. Because I'm positive he can bring it. I adored him on AMC and most of Y&R. He's a vast improvement over three fourths the cast in energy alone. I'm most curious to see his scenes with CD, LC, and KeMo.

But I still want SK back. Damn. Imagine if we had both Q brothers?

• Love 6

But I still want SK back. Damn. Imagine if we had both Q brothers?

Yep me too.  What a waste, getting rid of AJ only to eventually bring back Jason.  This show never changes for long and that's why I stopped watching.  I like BM from his other works, but even he isn't enough to bring me back to GH.  Bring back SK, and maybe we'll talk.  I still refuse to believe that AJ is truly dead.  The WSB/Victor Cassadine have him locked up somewhere in training to kick some mobster ass someday...

• Love 4

Yes, BM looks older than his age which is why they had a problem with the recast that followed him on Y/R and recast that actor with an older looking one.  So I think looks-wise it can work.  I think Nina and Ava look the same age but MW is younger IRL I think.  BM can definitely play dark, whether he can play borg is another thing.  I am only sad he is not still Billy Abbott as he was so good in that role.  But I get to see him here now.  I am not a fan of MSt, but her Nina character is growing on me.   I really am not a fan of SB and his character on Y/R is painfully boring, but then I thought Jason was when he played him, so maybe it is the actor.

• Love 2

The only time I wanted Jason back was when AJ was on the show.  Now that AJ's gone I don't care.  I don't care what kind of relationship Jason has any of the current characters and to see Jason with Michael will just irritate me so Jason coming back is basically like putting salt in my open "AJ (and his fans by extension) was screwed" wound.  

• Love 5

Crossposted:

It's a complicated reaction. On the one hand I think Billy Miller is a talented actor and possibly incapable of playing the "old" Jason, the emotionless killer Steve Burton enjoyed. Hammy or not, he is too active a performer for it and at his best he can be very vibrant. So I think/hope they will finally reboot the Jason character - make him a mix of his Quartermaine past and his latter-day self and right the moral scales of the character a bit. That is the only way Jason can ever return and function on this show in a healthy way, no matter who he's played by. Jason Morgan is a dead zone and his extermination from the canvas was absolutely necessary. I also suspect he may have great chemistry with Kim McCullough. If they return him to the role of unrepentant mob enforcer and Sam's husband it will all be for naught.

OTOH, Miller is clearly not going to sign for too long without a score of outs. And in the end I think GH remains too focused on big 'gets' and big stunts vs. telling decent stories with their existing longtime cast. They're always dancing as fast as they can - look at what we did! Look at who we hired! Look at this twist! Look at this gag! The problem is with most of this these days there is no actual storytelling.

It also still doesn't excuse killing A.J. If they have a commitment to radically reinventing the Jason character, I am all for it and I think Miller is capable. If they try to make him play the stock enforcer, Miller isn't good at that and I don't think the canvas can handle it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

As long as nuJason runs screaming in the other direction from Carly, I don't care who plays him.

(Allow me my dream.)

I hope he tears her to shreds for getting involved with Franco the SERIAL KILLER who tormented him and his loved ones.

• Love 6

Two years is nothing when it comes to a soap. Especially since it's been only ONE year since they were brought as all new characters for no good reason, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Yeah, they're really doing it to themselves at this point. Add in the massive Obrecht/Westbourne/Clay dynasty they have added to the mix with Michelle Stafford, Donna Mills, etc. with Silas's backstory and they just keep it making more and more clear how much we are expected to embrace these guys over and over again. I still suspect both Silas and Franco may have become surplus to requirements recently, but that doesn't change how we got to all these new fucking people with them.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I truly don't think BM would have signed just to play the same Jason as his former coworker SBu so my money is on him coming back as Jason Q & being horrified by the things Jason M did. And part of me is hoping the big stall of the reveal to Michael that Sonny killed AJ is because they've been trying to lock down BM so Jason Q can arrive on the scene very shortly thereafter. He returns a Q, shows Michael the proper way to go scorched earth on both his parents, and is then the catalyst for Michael to become Alan Q Jr.

I also think with GH's block taping, it gives BM the time to do other projects. I think he might be pretty adamant about that.

• Love 2
I truly don't think BM would have signed just to play the same Jason as his former coworker SBu so my money is on him coming back as Jason Q & being horrified by the things Jason M did. And part of me is hoping the big stall of the reveal to Michael that Sonny killed AJ is because they've been trying to lock down BM so Jason Q can arrive on the scene very shortly thereafter. He returns a Q, shows Michael the proper way to go scorched earth on both his parents, and is then the catalyst for Michael to become Alan Q Jr.

My fear is that we are going to have Jason and Kiki try to talk Michael out of any anger and tell him how much Carly and Sonny have loved him over the years and he should forgive them.  For all we know they might have Jason still not really give a damn about AJ.  

I would blow a blood vessel I think if this show does that.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 3

Crossposted:

It's a complicated reaction. On the one hand I think Billy Miller is a talented actor and possibly incapable of playing the "old" Jason, the emotionless killer Steve Burton enjoyed. Hammy or not, he is too active a performer for it and at his best he can be very vibrant. So I think/hope they will finally reboot the Jason character - make him a mix of his Quartermaine past and his latter-day self and right the moral scales of the character a bit. That is the only way Jason can ever return and function on this show in a healthy way, no matter who he's played by. Jason Morgan is a dead zone and his extermination from the canvas was absolutely necessary. I also suspect he may have great chemistry with Kim McCullough. If they return him to the role of unrepentant mob enforcer and Sam's husband it will all be for naught.

OTOH, Miller is clearly not going to sign for too long without a score of outs. And in the end I think GH remains too focused on big 'gets' and big stunts vs. telling decent stories with their existing longtime cast. They're always dancing as fast as they can - look at what we did! Look at who we hired! Look at this twist! Look at this gag! The problem is with most of this these days there is no actual storytelling.

It also still doesn't excuse killing A.J. If they have a commitment to radically reinventing the Jason character, I am all for it and I think Miller is capable. If they try to make him play the stock enforcer, Miller isn't good at that and I don't think the canvas can handle it.

as a veteran of soaps, I am sure he has vacatioin time written into his contract, with "dark" weeks and vacation, he will probably have the same 4 months off total a year

plenty of time for him to do other things

What would Jason and Nina have in common?

well lets see, both were taken from their families and loved ones, yes she was "gone" for 20 years, but if Jason returns as Jason Quatermaine and not Jason Morgan, then Jason Quatermaine has been gone for even longer

I don't think Jason and Nina have anything in common. Maybe not wanting Sam/Silas together?

One good thing about Borg- he so would have flipped her out that chair to prove she can walk by now. But only Steve Burton would do it.

we still don't know if he will return as Jason "Stone Cold" Morgan or Jason Quartermaine the almost med student.

• Love 1

So....BM confirmed as NuJason......can I say I told ya so yet; ) Because I have been saying this for.ev.er.

Score one for the crazy cat lady.

You were right, obviously.  Cat lady?  Do you have cats or what?

• Love 1

Even if Jason comes back as Jason M, finding out that Sonny killed his brother and Carly covered it up, will be enough for him to turn is back on both Sonny and Carly. Jason M. really loved Michael and after seeing the pain that Michael is in over the death of AJ, those two will be toast.

• Love 2

Well I just you tubed Billy since I am not that familiar with him.  And he is really good looking, I'll give him that.  And he seems like he can act from what I could tell.  I couldn't really follow what was going on.

I am curious to see how KeMo is with him.  I would hope they chem tested, but I wouldn't give TIIC that much credit.  

Way to go RC and FV, casting shocker of the year, right behind MSt.  Pulled the damn wool over all our eyes.  ETA: That last part was VERY sarcastic

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 2

I wasn't that shocked. But I'm glad that finally an actor who's awake besides Carrrlos is on the scene. I think BM will be a breath of fresh air. I'm actually looking forward to a RoHo/BM showdown. I also think he'll out act Maurice times 12. And I think he will look adorable with Kim. I'm already shipping Jason Q/Robin. I think he will play off nicely with Chad. Maybe this can hopefully get SK back. Yeah, I'm dreaming.

• Love 1

I will be thrilled to see Billy Miller again - I just hope the writers can write for him at GH.  While you may not like getting Y&R actors,

I have no problem with Y&R actors coming on board, though, personally, I feel the GH cast is way bloated already.  What I do have a problem with is this character coming back.  Haaaaatttteee.  One of the worst things to ever happen to this show was the Jason Morgan/Sonny Corinthos combo.  Hate them, separately and together. 

Of course, if BM came on board as Jason Q., I'd loooovvveeee.  But it won't happen, alas.

I've never seen BM in anything, but having been subjected to SB as Jason, I can't see BM as being anything but an improvement.

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Billy will inspire these guys to step their game up. Wake up in their scenes. Learn lines or improv. Realize SK had value. Broker a deal to get him back. Because Ron, I know you're trolling, that would pull ratings and shock everyone. A real Q reunion. Real Q brothers. You don't need Steve. Sean can and does perform. Keep the ones that do. Dump the ones that don't.

Bring back Johnny, dump Maurice. That said, Jason needs to be an umbrella story. Not boxed in. And do not throw Liz at him. Ugh.

• Love 1

Sigh... I love Billy Miller, but I wouldn't wish this regime on him for anything.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can make whatever crap is written for him entertaining. 

I'm still so pissed they ruined AJ's return.  BM and SK would have been amazing together. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3

Realize SK had value. Broker a deal to get him back.

The only way I see that happening is if B&B let's SK go (not that I believe GH wants him back).  SK is extremely happy there (per his twitter). 

I want SK in the role but at this point I just want this regime to see the value in AJ.  The character is just as important to the canvas as any of the pets or Jason, Sonny or whoever else.  How do you bring back Jason (and potentially Jason Q) and not keep AJ or recast?  Its just so mind numbingly stupid.

Bring back Johnny, dump Maurice. That said, Jason needs to be an umbrella story. Not boxed in. And do not throw Liz at him. Ugh.

Oh Liz is going to be thrown in the mix.  They are going to play with those who liked Jason and Liz and toy with them for a while and then move Jason on to someone else.  If I was a Liz fan no way would I get invested in that because there is no way are they going to pair one of their new pets up with Liz.

• Love 3

Knowing this show, Kiki will insert herself in getting his relationships back on track and Jason will come to realize she is the hottest piece of tail in town, leading to a brother vs. brother vs. "uncle" war for her heart. #gag

• Love 1

I'm hoping once Jason hears the recording, he warns Micheal to stay away from Lauren and all Jeromes. I want him to apologize to Monica, Alan's grave, AJ's, and Edward and Lila's grave. I want him to realize Sonny is why he wasn't there when his grandfather died and why his brother is dead. And for what's happening to his aunt. And why he doesn't really know his kid, and AJ didn't get to raise Micheal. I think Billy Miller can bring that.

Oh and Carly better get written off like a bad habit. Shake it off.

Jason Q for chief of staff 2016.

• Love 2

I'd rather a Jason Q haunted by the things that happened as Jason Morgan, rather than sweep them under the rug.

This is the story I am hoping for too.  Hell, I wouldn't even mind if we got a ReRonned knockoff of the Return of Todd Manning!  That story was good...

I still refuse to believe that AJ is truly dead.  The WSB/Victor Cassadine have him locked up somewhere in training to kick some mobster ass someday...

Taking my answer to the Speculation thread.

I also suspect he may have great chemistry with Kim McCullough.

Whether or not he does, if she's not going to stick around, there's no point.

I want SK in the role but at this point I just want this regime to see the value in AJ.  The character is just as important to the canvas as any of the pets or Jason, Sonny or whoever else.

Same here.  I don't care if it would be recast, I just want A.J. back.

Oh Liz is going to be thrown in the mix.  They are going to play with those who liked Jason and Liz and toy with them for a while and then move Jason on to someone else.  If I was a Liz fan no way would I get invested in that because there is no way are they going to pair one of their new pets up with Liz.

As I said in another thread, sadly, Liz exists to be the Placeholder Slampeice for male characters until they can be launched into a story with their next Love of Their Life Du Jour.

• Love 1

Ooooh, Dr. O's going to have scenes with Victor next week too!!!

ETA...is she going to go see him at that clinic?  Will she bump into a defrosted Helena?  ARE ALL MY DREAMS COMING TRUE?!?!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Honestly, if Robin went crazy due to being held hostage TWICE with no one giving a shit, I'd be fine if she just started killing people randomly. Except Emma as she still showed concern for her mother. But Patrick? Anna? Carly and onward? Bye!

• Love 2

If Robin permanently exterminated Dr. O, Britt, Ava (and her baby), Brad, Felix, Sonny, Sabrina, Kiki, Silas, Franco, Levi, Jerry, Faison, Duke, Liz, Victor, Helena, Stavros, Spencer and Fluke I would never say anything bad about her again.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

Does anyone know KMc's current status with GH? I was under the impression that she was gone for the foreseeable future, but read a spoiler elsewhere that she was appearing on 9/17. Is she just coming back for 2-3 episode stints now?

I love that Ron was, shockingly, resisted in giving us tons of Anna/Dr. O scenes because when they do have them, both ladies bring their A game and because they've been so limited, they still feel special.  

I believe this will only be the third scene they've shared since March-ish.  Once when Robin first left and O teased about knowing something, the second back at the hospital before that presser about Rafe, and now Monday the third.