Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: It's A Family Affair

57 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

That ended up so heavy handed I expected it be a dream sequence or something.

Also, Will's shirt was very tight.  Not that I'm complaining.

Seriously!  That was a really tight shirt. I can't say that I'm complaining either. 

1 minute ago, Blakeston said:

Please, writers, don't put Jack's fiance in any future episodes. You can just say he died on his way to his home planet.

He was beyond being a caricature.  His accent wasn't even believable,  it just sounded like a badly-faked lisp.

Can't say this was a favourite episode. 

• Love 3

"Hashtag MeToo" cracked me up. Good lord, Karen and Malcolm are so weird...

This whole episode was a strange note to end the season on, indeed. I didn't mind it, but yeah. It'll be very interesting to see how everyone's decisions play out next season. I did like the whole thing of literally everyone not wanting to end up like Will and Grace, though :p. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

Please, writers, don't put Jack's fiance in any future episodes. You can just say he died on his way to his home planet.

Different strokes - I thought he was hilarious. But probably better in small doses.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Also, Will's shirt was very tight.  Not that I'm complaining.

Two sizes too small, but he pulled it off, somehow.

7 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

Different strokes - I thought he was hilarious. But probably better in small doses.

I thought he was hilarious, too - funnier than the last one.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this ep. Blythe Danner is one of my fav actresses. 

On a shallow note: Karen looked gorgeous with her hair down, Grace had on a good outfit with the boots and looked pretty, Will, well, Will is always pretty even with the too tight shirt and Alec Balwin slimmed down and looks great, too. I guess that super young health nut wife of his that keeps popping out babies is doing him good.

Not much Jack this episode. I didn't mind. 

• Love 2

This whole episode was a strange note to end the season on, indeed.

Ditto. It's been a strange season overall. Started off very shaky, got better as it went along, had some really great episodes, than sort of petered out. 

I will say this was the best Grace has looked all season long, in the jeans, boots and loose fitting shirt.

And I did get a kick out of Karen and Malcolm fondling poor Smitty. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Karen and Malcolm's weird sex noise thing went on way too long. It's always nice to see Blythe Danner, such a lovely woman. Yep, Will was looking good in his shirt. Jack's rainbow suit was pretty funny, his boyfriend not so much. Jack was funny out in the hall when he told Will and Grace they'd be brother and sister. I loved the look on his face.  I think the burp and blow was my favorite thing. I was seriously cracking up. I'm doing that from now on.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 4

I got how Will's mom and Grace's dad didn't want to end up alone or like Will & Grace.  I sort of understand why Jack is hurrying into this relationship with this weird dude as he doesn't want to end up alone or like W&G.  What I don't understand is how Karen's situation of picking Malcolm or Stan and she chose Stan because she didn't want to end up like W&G.

I loved her and Malcolm. I loved the use of Smitty.  I wish they would have just kept Karen rich and widowed. I also was hoping a reference to Alec being like Trump since he plays him on SNL. Maybe along of the lines of Karen and Malcolm playing Stormy and Mr. Prez. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong but isn't Stan suppose to be dead dead dead.  Didn't he die 10 or 12 years ago? How did they briing him back to life, just asking? 

The miracle of television.

Damn Eric M. looks good, but yeah, shirt was a bit tight.

Grace looked great - I loved that top.

I love Alec Baldwin as Malcolm, and I love the chemistry between him and Karen. It seems Karen will always choose Stan - she really does love him. The stuff with Smitty was hilarious.

I liked Jack's new love, I like Grace's dad and Will's mom getting together. I thought this was a pretty good season finale.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DesertCyclist said:

Alec Baldwin looks better than I've seen him in quite a while.

I think the young wife has him on a program, healthy eating & yoga.  BTW, he looks good with grey hair.  Men look 20 years old with badly colored hair.  Somebody tell Paul McCartney, please.

• Love 4
(edited)

On a really shallow note: wow, Will’s shirt was tight! And Grace looked the best she has all season, I actually really liked her outfit. 

I loved that nobody wants to end up so alone and emeshed with each other as Will and Grace. 

I was strangely touched that Karen stopped her affair with Malcolm, she really does love Stan, surprisingly. The stuff with poor Smitty cracked me up, and his #metoo comment was the perfect touch. That actor who plays him was a really good sport. 

Grace’s line about not ever being asleep while her parents were having sex in the hotel rooms of her youth was my favorite of the episode. The expression of horror on her face killed me. 

Weird episode, but fun to end the season with! 

Edited by SparklesBitch
words
  • Love 5

This episode was pretty bad!  It was trying so hard to be funny with the OTT sex stuff and it just didn't work, IMO.

On a positive note, Grace looked fantastic!!! This is the best she's looked in sooooooo long!!!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, juliet73 said:

On a positive note, Grace looked fantastic!!! This is the best she's looked in sooooooo long!!!

Maybe she's been reading all our comments here and told her costume department to step it up!  ;-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kimmmmmm said:

Watched this on a bet, and against my will. Can't stand ANY of these people, except Will....and loved the beagles.  Don't get the love for this show...never did.

Hmmm, did I sleepwalk and make a backup profile just to say this? I so agree! Never understood the hype and I can take it or leave it; often leaving it to see later on Demand! ;-)

• Love 1

The “here’s what you’ll be missing” scene between Karen and Malcolm went on way too long, and left me feeling like I needed a shower. 

Will is hot, but that shirt was ridiculously tight.  Plus, it doesn’t even look like something Will Truman would wear. 

• Love 2

I didn't like this episode but enjoyed the season overall.  While everyone's crazy decisions to avoid becoming just like Grace and Will was funny, I didn't like that it might mean something in terms of Grace and Will.  We just erased a whole season and epilogue where Will & Grace escaped from their patterns with each other in order to reach the conclusion that this time will be different because they are who they are. 

Yet in this finale, it seems like they're back to not accepting who they are.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't like this episode but enjoyed the season overall.  While everyone's crazy decisions to avoid becoming just like Grace and Will was funny, I didn't like that it might mean something in terms of Grace and Will.  We just erased a whole season and epilogue where Will & Grace escaped from their patterns with each other in order to reach the conclusion that this time will be different because they are who they are. 

Yet in this finale, it seems like they're back to not accepting who they are.

I liked the season overall, and was okay with the episode up until the ending, which annoyed me. (Personally, the "no one else wanting to end up like them" jokes didn't really work for me because they just didn't make a lot of sense, IMO.) But they've done this so many times, and it's always the same.

Everyone else: Your relationship is weird and therefore bad!
Them: They're right, we need to be apart.

Until they're inevitably back together again. Like you mentioned, they started out the season saying "it's going to be different this time" but...it's not. I mean, the last couple minutes of this episode were basically a rehash of the last couple minutes of the S1 finale...essentially nothing's changed. I would say either be apart or together, just make a decision and stick with it, but at this point it seems like apart isn't an option (at least for any length of time), so I wish they'd just tell the others to mind their own business, or something, instead of the constant back and forth.