Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: A New Bundle of Joy/S07.E06: Joy Gives Birth

• Start Topic

Joe and Kendra have a joint bachelor/bachelorette party on a lake with family and friends; Jinger and Jeremy decide to take a shot at coffee roasting; Joy and Austin have big news to share with the family

Joy prepares to welcome her first child as her due date approaches; with Austin by her side, Joy goes into labor and gives birth to their baby.

There are two episodes airing tonight. The second one, Joy Gives Birth, is less than 30 minutes, it would seem. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Is it Jana or Jessa hosting the marshmallow game?  There showing JB, where's Michelle?

It was Jana! She looked fantastic might I add! 

• Love 9

Boy was there quite a bit to snark on this episode.

Jinger and Baaaaabe- Coffee brewing. Really TLC? Why couldn't they make them go do something pertaining to baaaaabe's ministry(something we've barely seen) that he supposedly does.

Joy and Austin- There's no way anyone was really that surprised by the news. Hell, even Joy just seemed so "whatever" about it. I'm going to assume it was played up for cameras like always.

Kendra and Joe- Another sad and boring bachelorette/bachelor party that was very reminiscent of Joy and Austin's. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at Austin's  "where's your chaperone" comment when Kendra and Joe were in the inner tube together.

And oh god TLC has the nerve to show Kendra and Joe's wedding for the umpteenth time as the finale. What a dull(duller than usual), short season this way.

• Love 11

so it’s confirmed that mega baby was born via c-section that’s great news for Joy’s vag. I’m relieved for her. 

Edited by woot
typo
  • Love 10

Jill has NO Business making decisions, evaluating pregnant women or being present during childbirth. Not even her own, as she makes bad decisions there as well. 

I don't  know who "the Midwife" is....but after 10 hours of labor it was noted "the Midwife" has determined the baby is breech. So Joy was in excruciating pain for 20 hours for no reason,  putting baby through stress? I missed the earlier part of the episode, so I don't have all the facts but what I did see disgusted me. I tuned in where Jill telling Joy she doesn't have anything to worry about (not exact quote)

Jill is dangerous in her idiocy/dullness between the ears (and she aint the only one) Why do they seem surprised by baby size? Did anyone know beforehand? In the real world of pre=natal care you do. I wonder if they bother to check Duggar moms  for gestational diabetes?

PS, Austin seemed genuinely concerned for Joy, which was sweet to see. I bet you Jinger and Jerome will approach labor differently. No crazy Jill and Michelle.

LOL, you missed the birth of Joy's son.

• Love 14

I found the kitchen convo interesting... everyone commenting how Joy didn’t gain much weight compared to her sister’s pregnancies, yet Joy looked massive - I don’t recall any of her sisters looking so big. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Jinger and Baaaaabe- Coffee brewing. Really TLC? Why couldn't they make them go do something pertaining to baaaaabe's ministry(something we've barely seen) that he supposedly does.

Joy and Austin- There's no way anyone was really that surprised by the news. Hell, even Joy just seemed so "whatever" about it. I'm going to assume it was played up for cameras like always.

Kendra and Joe- Another sad and boring bachelorette/bachelor party that was very reminiscent of Joy and Austin's. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at Austin's  "where's your chaperone" comment when Kendra and Joe were in the inner tube together.

And oh god TLC has the nerve to show Kendra and Joe's wedding for the umpteenth time as the finale. What a dull(duller than usual), short season this way.

JinJer: I think it is telling that they don't show what any of the sons/adjacents do for a living, other than Austin. I think Joy gave birth on a Friday and Ben was over at the TTH hanging with the rest of the family. That being said, Jinger wanting to learn how to roast coffee is something that is very in character for her. 

Of all the Duggar "branches" I think JinJer and Joystin are the furthest apart in terms of the things that they like and dislike. Joystin is so country and JinJer is so city. Plus, out of all the older Duggar sisters Jinger and Joy seem the least close. 

Honestly the highlight of the episode was Jana wearing shorts!

• Love 9

I cant believe anyone could be surprised when one of them comes up pregnant in this family.   As soon as they said they wanted to meet with JB & Mechelle,  they had to know what was coming.

I forget Joys wording but it was like no big deal hospital was 30 minutes away & that they would just "show up."

This is sort of our of the blue, but Austin couldn't take off his baseball cap when he had his OR gear on?

I saw a lady with blonde hair when Joy was in labor. Was that the real midwife?

Poor Jana having to listen to all the baby stories when they were making the meals. At least she had her hair pinned up & Joy did have hers in a pony but both mothers  & Jessa didn't.  

BTW, was Jessa at Joy's during labor? I don't remember seeing her but Ben had both boys with him at the TTH.  I guess Joe & Kendra have loosened up their engagement rules. He definitely had his arm  around he with his hand resting on her waist during one of the scenes. 

They showed some type of ?chair at Joy's.  It was metal.  I rewound but still couldn't figure out what it was.  It looked like a bowl was underneath it on the floor.  Was this some sort of laboring contraption? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

I don't  know who "the Midwife" is....but after 10 hours of labor it was noted "the Midwife" has determined the baby is breech. 

I also noticed the “the midwife” thing.  Glad they got someone who was actually a real midwife in to evaluate the situation.  Is Jill really a midwife? I was under the impression that she’s assisted with a few births and shadowed a midwife.  She doesn’t have any formal education or training though? I would assume you would need some type of certification and license. 

Also I find it creepy how the Duggers have so many siblings join in to watch the delivery.  It reminds me of a satanic ritual like they are going to steal the baby away and sacrifice it or something.  Probably chanting in tongues with each push. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

BTW, was Jessa at Joy's during labor? I don't remember seeing her but Ben had both boys with him at the TTH.  I guess Joe & Kendra have loosened up their engagement rules. He definitely had his arm  around he with his hand resting on her waist during one of the scenes. 

If you're talking about JoKen scenes at the TTH when Joy went into labor, they were married by that point (in fact, Kendra was/is pregnant).

• Love 5

Jill was the midwife, right?  She was the one shown giving information during the labor.  It's just irresponsible to not have any prenatal care.  A simple test would've told them the baby was breech and would've been for some time.

Michelle needs to counsel her daughters about the dangers of birth, she knows them  well.

Also Jim Bob praying for a natural birth?  How about just pray for a uneventful one with a healthy mama and baby?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, woot said:

I found the kitchen convo interesting... everyone commenting how Joy didn’t gain much weight compared to her sister’s pregnancies, yet Joy looked massive - I don’t recall any of her sisters looking so big. 

They were trying to make her feel better. It would have been obvious she was pregnant with her massive breasts.

Also the footage of them telling everyone about the pregnancy was so obviously scripted, since she was already showing.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3

Did it seem like Austin's mother's first reaction was not so much excitement as "damn that's soon"? Maybe I'm projecting...

I enjoyed Jinger's coffee adventures because they're so her and at least mildly creative and different, and don't involve 27 other people. But then I remembered it was just another way to kill time until she could get knocked up at 365 days and 5 minutes into the marriage and I got sad again. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, sATL said:

after 20 hrs of labor is when someone FIRST noticed the baby was breech?

I wouldn't brag about that onscreen, TLC.

One of these babies and/or mothers or both are going to die or have irreparable damage one of these times.

• Love 19

Now I feel out of the loop.. is a 10 lb baby now is the norm? Duggars boys seem to always be 10+, which makes the baby pool wagers easy.  I'm coming from back in the day 10+ lbs was considered "above avg" , as it was closer to 8 , esp for boys.

• Love 5

Conspicuous by their absence: Jill and Derelict when Joy made her baby rounds. I wonder how Joy told Buddy Jill off-camera? It was like she was totally forgotten......

edit: Right after I hit send, I saw that Joy supposedly texted Jill. Not the way to treat your mother, is it? Though behind the scenes, I'm sure Jill was visited in person and her kids gifted with Cousin Crew shirts. 

Smuggar? What Joy did with him is anyone's guess. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Austin reminds me of Smuggar at times. He LOVES the fact that he was finally having sex and could lord it over Joe that he wasn't. I honestly find it bizarre how much innuendo they always have going on.

3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Jill has NO Business making decisions, evaluating pregnant women or being present during childbirth. Not even her own, as she makes bad decisions there as well. 

I don't  know who "the Midwife" is....but after 10 hours of labor it was noted "the Midwife" has determined the baby is breech. So Joy was in excruciating pain for 20 hours for no reason,  putting baby through stress? I missed the earlier part of the episode, so I don't have all the facts but what I did see disgusted me. I tuned in where Jill telling Joy she doesn't have anything to worry about (not exact quote)

Jill is dangerous in her idiocy/dullness between the ears (and she aint the only one) Why do they seem surprised by baby size? Did anyone know beforehand? In the real world of pre=natal care you do. I wonder if they bother to check Duggar moms  for gestational diabetes?

PS, Austin seemed genuinely concerned for Joy, which was sweet to see. I bet you Jinger and Jerome will approach labor differently. No crazy Jill and Michelle.

LOL, you missed the birth of Joy's son.

I wonder if any experts can weigh in here. Yes, 10 plus pounds is definitely a red flag for gestational diabetes. And I don't know if this is always true, but can't professionals usually tell when a baby is breech? I've known a couple women who ended up breech but they found out ahead of time, not after hours of labor. The fixation on doing everything at home has gone wrong for them a couple of times now. 

1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Did it seem like Austin's mother's first reaction was not so much excitement as "damn that's soon"? Maybe I'm projecting...

I enjoyed Jinger's coffee adventures because they're so her and at least mildly creative and different, and don't involve 27 other people. But then I remembered it was just another way to kill time until she could get knocked up at 365 days and 5 minutes into the marriage and I got sad again. 

She's gung ho Quiverfull. I'm sure it's always been a sadness for her that she clearly wasn't able to conceive easily or at least often. So I think she was excited.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, becca3891 said:

Austin reminds me of Smuggar at times. He LOVES the fact that he was finally having sex and could lord it over Joe that he wasn't. I honestly find it bizarre how much innuendo they always have going on.

I wonder if any experts can weigh in here. Yes, 10 plus pounds is definitely a red flag for gestational diabetes. And I don't know if this is always true, but can't professionals usually tell when a baby is breech? I've known a couple women who ended up breech but they found out ahead of time, not after hours of labor. The fixation on doing everything at home has gone wrong for them a couple of times now. 

Austin's infatuation with Joe and Kendra's lack of a love life at the beginning has been super creepy from the start. He even said something at his own wedding about them not kissing, you know, 18 seconds after he finally got a kiss. 

As for babies being breech, regular exams should show it. My oldest nephew was breech (he's soon to be 23) and had been basically been standing up inside of my sister. He had his little feet pretty much planted in her pelvic bone or something, so much so that the tops of his feet pretty much were touching the fronts of his legs. Yes, they quickly stretched back out and were fine. But, even though he had a history of being breech the whole pregnancy, when she got to the hospital, the first nurse who did an exam said he wasn't. The doctor came in and asked the nurse if she had done an ultrasound, which she hadn't, and he was super pissed so he grabbed it and did one swipe and hence an emergency c-section. She had him at a major woman's hospital in Ohio, so one would think that a baby who had been breech almost the whole pregnancy wouldn't be missed, but it was. Not that I'm saying Joy had proper medical care, but in theory it's possible. I'm sure Dr. Jill didn't help the situation though.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sATL said:

after 20 hrs of labor is when someone FIRST noticed the baby was breech?

No Kidding~ I am absolutely horrified and outraged at the same time. What a message to send ( that there would be anything normal about this.) and agree ..Jim Bob praying for natural birth is disgusting. then there he goes running to the car. He is also part f this whole saga, where daughters would be expected to give birth at home.  I have to believe there was someone else there (woman with blond hair probably was the midwife)  Jill who just gives herself credentials...and Jill inserts herself by saying everything looked encouraging, in the face of what clearly was an agonizing protracted labor. Jill labored on at home if I recall, both times having to go to the hospital anyway for c section. Michelle no doubt adds in her labor experiences and projects that on to daughters.

"After 20 hours of labor the midwife determines the baby is breech"  That should take one exam to figure out. That exam would have happened in days leading up to labor and anytime after labor started. I wonder what Joys glucose readings were throughout pregnancy? glucose tolerance test?

PS, that am I seeing? Kendra sitting between Josh's legs? What? That's close to sexy times in Duggar World. Shocking. Also, Austin...why with the ratty B Ball cap under surgical head cover. Nope, no way, I would have whacked that off his head. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Austin's infatuation with Joe and Kendra's lack of a love life at the beginning has been super creepy from the start. He even said something at his own wedding about them not kissing, you know, 18 seconds after he finally got a kiss. 

As for babies being breech, regular exams should show it. My oldest nephew was breech (he's soon to be 23) and had been basically been standing up inside of my sister. He had his little feet pretty much planted in her pelvic bone or something, so much so that the tops of his feet pretty much were touching the fronts of his legs. Yes, they quickly stretched back out and were fine. But, even though he had a history of being breech the whole pregnancy, when she got to the hospital, the first nurse who did an exam said he wasn't. The doctor came in and asked the nurse if she had done an ultrasound, which she hadn't, and he was super pissed so he grabbed it and did one swipe and hence an emergency c-section. She had him at a major woman's hospital in Ohio, so one would think that a baby who had been breech almost the whole pregnancy wouldn't be missed, but it was. Not that I'm saying Joy had proper medical care, but in theory it's possible. I'm sure Dr. Jill didn't help the situation though.

reasons why I am a biased towards hospital care...but external exams, hands on belly can also provide info from my understanding. I also am not a OB Nurse, so I sure don't have all the answers :)

7 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Jana's wearing shorts!

With rolled up sleeves on her t-shirt!!!! The horror!!!

I know Austin (just like most of the Duggars) doesn't know anything  about science (nor does he believe in it), but I think it's so telling about how ignorant he was (as are other non-Duggar folks) when he said: "Twins run on the father's side of the family, so maybe we'll have twins...." (paraphrasing)That's got nothing to do with how many eggs are released and/or fertilized! 

I'm a twin, so it's a major pet peeve of mine that people don't understand how basic stuff like multiple births occur...along with texting your four older sisters that you're pregnant!

I know this is scripted, but I was still annoyed at Joy's laziness in revealing the news. 

I do understand they're not all BFFs, and it's highly likely that that Grandma Jana & Doctor Jill, Medicine Woman were told in person and off camera, but I find it so inappropriate to share "exciting news" (ONLY bc it's baby #1) via text message. Super tacky. You'd think Shoeless Joe Joy would have at least FaceTimed Jana or Jill on camera to make it look like she gives two craps about them. Josiah & Jason got actual freakin phone calls. I know they're close, but I still say it's super tacky and lazy and such bad etiquette. Then again, I have to remember who taught them how to show appreciation: their Buddy Team Leader.

I also thought it was odd that they confirmed their pregnancy with only two home tests, taken ten days apart. Is that code for "Jill used a thermometer, took my temperature twice and weighed me, so I'm definitely pregnant!" ???

I'm not going to lie: a part of me was hoping to hear something like "doctor...confirmed...official...results." (I know, I know.)

I also noticed that no one in that family ever says "I love you" to one another (at least not that I can recall), during big announcements to congratulate anyone, except when courting/being courted/engaged. Ironically, I think those are the times when it shouldn't be said because it's not love! 

Yet, I cannot stop watching!

Sorry for the crankiness; insomnia is a precious and neat time bitch!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 12

Ok, first off, am I the only one wondering how Austin can drive an 18-wheeler?  I mean that takes weeks/months of training and it isn't super cheap.  I have a couple of close friends whose spouse or brother is a long distance truck driver and it takes work.  I can't see Austin or his parents dropping around $5000 for him to go to driving school to get his Class A license.

They took 2 home pregnancy tests, sigh, I do wish they had gotten a blood test or seen some type of professional, but yea.  My first thought was, did they buy those tests at the same time and put them in the RV? Because you're not suppose to keep the tests in a hot car, and it's a metal rv and who knows how hot it is in there during part of the day.  

Who TEXTS hey we're pregnant to let their family know?  SERIOUSLY?  Lazy.  Tacky.  Just wrong IMHO.  

I was sad to see the lack of emotions when they told the parents.  There were no big hugs and we're so happy for you and excitement.  Seriously what drugs are J'chelle on?

It seemed that the bachelorette /bachelor party was just a family day at the lake.  Did they not invite any friends?  And only 1 game?  I mean it didn't seem to be a party at all.

But I WAS happy to see Jana in SHORTS!  Kendra and Joe on the tube together while courting!  Jinger thinking outside the box - talking about learning to roast coffee and doing like a part time home business.  I mean a CAREER - totally nonfemale Duggar thinking.  I also had to laugh when Jeremy described Jinger in the morning before coffee as sweet and she gave him this look like You are full of sh*t.  

• Love 5

So much to be concerned about and the Duggar women only care about casseroles.  I couldn’t eat any of that slop if my life depended on it. 

The nonsensical patter about Joy not being all that big was so contrived.  Probably to combat the rumors about the date of conception.  Then Jessa makes a pointed remark about a honeymoon baby.

Joy was absolutely huge with a swollen face.  Possibly early toxemia.  I doubt she had prenatal  care because a physician would detect the oversized fetus.  A physician would detect the baby was breech.  A trained certified midwife would have detected the baby was breech but the on the job trained country midwives did not.  If Jill was the person in charge???

This show downplayed a huge medical emergency.  I wonder if the baby presented as a footling breech,  when the feet emerge from the cervix.   To think they were thirty minutes from a hospital upset me to no end.

I really fear one of these Moms or infants will suffer grave consequences if these home births continue,  they were lucky this time.  I hope baby boy was not deprived of oxygen. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ok, first off, am I the only one wondering how Austin can drive an 18-wheeler?  I mean that takes weeks/months of training and it isn't super cheap.  I have a couple of close friends whose spouse or brother is a long distance truck driver and it takes work.  I can't see Austin or his parents dropping around $5000 for him to go to driving school to get his Class A license.

I had a friend whose husband, brother in law, and father in law were all truckers.  None of them went to trucking school.  The father in law knew someone who was a trucker and taught him to drive in parking lots at night, helped him study for the learners permit, and then took him on the road.  The new driver first learns how to drive the semi, then learns how to drive with an empty or lightly loaded trailer, and gradually adds knowledge over time.  It only takes a few months of long distance driving to get enough experience to get a full license.  They all said the hardest part was learning how to maneuver a trailer in crowded conditions, like backing it up to the loading dock in a small loading area, or parking in a tight area when stopping for meals or at a motel.

My moms best friend had a bucket load of kids and a nice house because her husband, who never went to driving school, specialized in hauling dangerous loads, like explosives.  But this was all a few years ago, maybe now things have changed and anyone who wants to drive must go through a school.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

He has been taking lessons from JB and Smuggly Do Rite. Why are these people so concerned about this. It is creepy and disgusting.

I can't follow the timeline on this at all.  I'd watch it again to get the details but that's too much to bother with right now so the basics.  The call comes to the TTH at 4 or 4:30am that Joy is in labor.  JB Duggar "announces" Joy is in labor to the youngers plus Ben was there at around 11am.  So did they all just wake up then?  By that count Joy had been in labor for 6 to 6.5 hours.  I know we've read they're not morning people but find it hard to believe they went until nearly lunchtime before Daddy Duggar said anything.  More likely - staged announcement for the film crew - they shouldn't have bothered with the time on the screen though, it just looks stupid.

Then, I don't have the exact time but JB get's the call that Joy has to go to the hospital.  It is still light outside when he hightails it to the car.  But then we're told she's been in labor 20 hours.  From the time that first call came in 20 hours later would be midnight.  Even being generous, she was in labor 2 hours before they called the TTH for MeChelle then 20 hours later would be 10pm.  It should be dark outside!  Were they doing that Duggar thing where she had a few twinges the day before so that was the "start" of labor?  We know from Jill and Jessa they like to pad their times a bit lot.  Or was it actually the next day and she'd gone over 24 hours and into the next morning?  Impossible to tell.

Either way, whether it was 20+ hours or 3-4 hours it's completely irresponsible to take so long to get her to the hospital.  We had several scenes of her in labor with sub-titles of 8 hours, 10 hours etc and we hear Jill and the face blurred faux midwife telling her the babies heartbeat is good, vitals are good.  And in that whole time they couldn't tell where the heartbeat was in relation to the babies position?  The worst part is I don't doubt at all that Joy thinks her labor was normal and was supposed to take that long and that they couldn't have "diagnosed" the breech any earlier than they did.

As for the rest of the episode - the bachelor party wasn't anything exciting although I share Jessa's hate for marshmallows.  It was interesting that some of the girls including Jana felt free to roll up their sleeves and bare shoulders.  Jinger's comment that 15 babies is a litter was really funny and I have to give credit she seems very comfortable with Jeremy now.  That year to settle in and not immediately pop out kids may have served them well.  If they're going to re-create things like baby announcements they need to make sure everyone is on-board and at least semi good at acting.  Because either Austin's parents are the worst actors in the free world or they are the least excited Grandparents ever.  Their response was on the excitement level of being told Austin had bought new shoelaces that morning.  And, of course, Michelle made it all about her - does she say "Your first baby"?  Nope, of course not, first comment is "MY tenth Grandbaby".  Yup MeChelle, your daughters popping out kids is all about you, keep playing mother of the year in your quest for the biggest fundie family.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

I had a friend whose husband, brother in law, and father in law were all truckers.  None of them went to trucking school.  The father in law knew someone who was a trucker and taught him to drive in parking lots at night, helped him study for the learners permit, and then took him on the road.  The new driver first learns how to drive the semi, then learns how to drive with an empty or lightly loaded trailer, and gradually adds knowledge over time.  It only takes a few months of long distance driving to get enough experience to get a full license.  They all said the hardest part was learning how to maneuver a trailer in crowded conditions, like backing it up to the loading dock in a small loading area, or parking in a tight area when stopping for meals or at a motel.

My moms best friend had a bucket load of kids and a nice house because her husband, who never went to driving school, specialized in hauling dangerous loads, like explosives.  But this was all a few years ago, maybe now things have changed and anyone who wants to drive must go through a school.

I have a son that has CDL class B I think, he wanted to change jobs which required a class A. He called the local community college that gives the test, he had to pay for it which was 250$ I think, they supplied the truck he used. He hadn't gone thru any classes, he passed with no problems. He, from the time he was 15 with a permit, had been backing the boat into the water so that's how he knew how to back a trailer and had lots of practice doing that. He also grew up somewhat like Austin, on a farm out in the country driving all sorts of equipment way before his time. Austin could have shown up to the testing facility with the proper permits and taken the test for less than $500. 

• Love 1

I don’t blame any of them for not mustering up even fake enthusiasm for the ten millionth pregnancy announcement, gender reveal, wedding dress fitting, etc. How boring. 

And why didn’t anyone tell Joy she had a cracked bloody lip during most of the talking heads? 

• Love 6

I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet, but Daily Mail ran an article on it and there were 300+ comments wondering how the breech could've been missed. I think people are largely unaware that "lay midwives" exist and that there's a huge difference between them and a CNM. People unfamiliar with the family hear "midwife" and assume a real professional was involved.

Eta: DFO has deleted all negative comments regarding the birth. I also received a nasty response  from a Duggar leghumper who informed me the Duggar girls go to ALL prenatal appointments and have ultrasounds just like any OTHER woman and who am I to judge this family? So they were getting care all along and both Izzy and Gideon were missed breeches? Sure, Jan.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18

I thought it was weird too that some siblings warranted a phone call while others got just a text.

I'm sure the balloon idea was producer driven but even the little kids didn't look that enthused.  They did seem to like the blue confetti cannon thing. Well, at least Spurgey liked it.  Joy should have gotten the older kids shirts & let Spurgey & Henry play with the balloons. 

4 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

They took 2 home pregnancy tests, sigh, I do wish they had gotten a blood test or seen some type of professional, but yea.  My first thought was, did they buy those tests at the same time and put them in the RV? Because you're not suppose to keep the tests in a hot car, and it's a metal rv and who knows how hot it is in there during part of the day.  

Who TEXTS hey we're pregnant to let their family know?  SERIOUSLY?  Lazy.  Tacky.  Just wrong IMHO.  

I was sad to see the lack of emotions when they told the parents.  There were no big hugs and we're so happy for you and excitement.  Seriously what drugs are J'chelle on?

It seemed that the bachelorette /bachelor party was just a family day at the lake.  Did they not invite any friends?  And only 1 game?  I mean it didn't seem to be a party at all.

But I WAS happy to see Jana in SHORTS!  Kendra and Joe on the tube together while courting!  Jinger thinking outside the box - talking about learning to roast coffee and doing like a part time home business.  I mean a CAREER - totally nonfemale Duggar thinking.  I also had to laugh when Jeremy described Jinger in the morning before coffee as sweet and she gave him this look like You are full of sh*t.  

He paid extra close attention during a repeat of BJ and the Bear?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet, but Daily Mail ran an article on it and there were 300+ comments wondering how the breech could've been missed. I think people are largely unaware that "lay midwives" exist and that there's a huge difference between them and a CNM. People unfamiliar with the family hear "midwife" and assume a real professional was involved.

Eta: DFO has deleted all negative comments regarding the birth. I also received a nasty response  from a Duggar leghumper who informed me the Duggar girls go to ALL prenatal appointments and have ultrasounds just like any OTHER woman and who am I to judge this family? So they were getting care along along and both Izzy and Gideon were missed breeches? Sure, Jan.

Did you inform the leg humper that most OTHER women do not consider being examined by Jill and her medical thingies a prenatal appointment?  Vanity ultrasounds don’t count either. 

Edited by EVS
Autocorrect changed ‘humper’ to ‘jumper’
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He paid extra close attention during a repeat of BJ and the Bear?

Ha! If it was a Duggar son, that would be so true.  I’m not sure if it is true about Austin since I don’t watch the show, but this made me laugh so hard. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SnarkySnarky said:

I think this is to Jeremy's benefit---as long as the crazies don't know exactly what he says/believes, he's still likable. Watch him talk about masturbation and hell and the support may lean a little. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Now I feel out of the loop.. is a 10 lb baby now is the norm? Duggars boys seem to always be 10+, which makes the baby pool wagers easy.  I'm coming from back in the day 10+ lbs was considered "above avg" , as it was closer to 8 , esp for boys.

It's definitely not the norm, but there tends to be a belief that the weight of the parents can effect the weight of the baby. My sister has all normal sized kids 6-8 lbs, she was an average sized baby. I was 7 lbs 14 oz, my husband was 10 lbs 8 oz. First one was 10 lbs, second was 9 lbs so they favored his size over mine. If the Duggars grow them big, it'll be a trend. I don't remember Anna having huge babies though. 

10 hours ago, becca3891 said:

We found out youngest was breech around my 30 week check-up, at 32 weeks when she hadn't moved they ordered an extra scan, did ultrasounds at 34 and 38 weeks to confirm size and positive. I was a stubborn one so I didn't let them touch her, via c/s, until I was past 40 weeks but I knew if I went into actual labor that I was to report to the hospital immediately, do not pass go, do not collect $200 type of fast. Our house was exactly 4 minutes by car to the hospital.

And while big babies are a risk when you have GD, I was cleared 3 times in each pregnancy. I just make them big.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Nope. My husband recently got his CDL Class B license. If we knew he could have taken his military paperwork to the DMV within 90 days of discharge, he would have just been given one. But, since we didn't know that and he didn't need one until he started working with a new company, all he had to do was pass a written test and a driver's portion. Though the military did train him, it didn't matter---he wasn't required to go to school or anything of that nature. If you can pass it, you can drive it. 

• Love 2

When Jeremy busted out his “quintituplets is 15 babies for all you uneducated people out there” line, I wanted to jump through my TV and kick him. Hard. Hard enough so he wouldn’t be able to help make one baby, let alone “quintituplets.”

What a jackass.

He clearly forgot what family he married into and needs to be reminded with a one month stay with the Duggars to attempt to atone for his crappy attitude. 

• Love 12