Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Confronting Meri

• Start Topic

Robyn mentioned that her kids were sick around the time Axel was born so they couldn’t visit the baby. They were also sick during Mykelto’s wedding. Did the birth and wedding happen around the same time in real time?

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I think that is why Janelle laid into Meri like she did. She was mad that Meri’s absence was still noticed by Maddie.

And I'll bet it was Maddie being worried about Meri playing the victim about not being invited with a gold engraved invitation, just like she did!!  I'll be Janelle was pissed because Maddie shouldn't have had to worry about Meri being the constant victim, plus she's turned the happiest event of Maddie, Janelle's, Caleb, and Kody's life into a bitch-fest about what a poor, poor victim Meri is.  If I were Christine, Janelle, and Robyn (heaven forbid), I would refuse to have anything further to do with Her Royal Bitchiness!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

Actually, I think she's not going anywhere because of Mariah.  I think that Mariah told her that if Meri leaves Kody, Mariah will never forgive her.  That's the impression that I got after the catfishing saga. 

Kody doesn't want her there.

The wives don't want her there.

Meri doesn't want to be there.

I think Mariah is pulling the Meri strings right now.

I think if Kody didn't want her there he'd sign off on his half of Meri's house and allow it to be put on the market. 

How long ago did Mariah say that?!? So basically Meri is going to be miserable either way. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Robyn mentioned that her kids were sick around the time Axel was born so they couldn’t visit the baby. They were also sick during Mykelto’s wedding. Did the birth and wedding happen around the same time in real time?

Nope - Tokelti wedding was mid December 2016 and Baby David Axelrod's birth (thank you Jodie from RealiTV podcast ?) was in May 2017. 

I'd bet money that Robyn's an anti-vaxxer. 

• Love 6

Haven't read all the posts yet, but having just finished the episode, two main things stick out to me. 

1. Meri is the most miserable, unlikable character on any television show I watch. 

2. Robyn is not fat. But she has the FATTEST neck I've ever seen. I'm mesmerized by it when she's talking. What the heck happened to her? 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Nope - Tokelti wedding was mid December 2016 and Baby David Axelrod's birth (thank you Jodie from RealiTV podcast ?) was in May 2017. 

Ah, okay! Got it. Thanks. Maddie didn’t look that far long at the wedding so I was wondering about the timing. 

11 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

That girl is a piece of self-absorbed work.  But, that conversation with Christine was so confusing, I really couldn't understand what either of them was saying.  It was like they were trying to have a conversation without saying what they really wanted to say.  That tearful hug at the end felt like Christine saying "I'm so sorry you're hurting, but we still don't want to have anything to do with you" - and Meri letting it all sink in.

I thought the hug was sweet and served two purposes. Meri was turning to leave, probably trying to set the stage for more complaints that no one wants her around, and Christine squashed that by shutting the door and giving her a genuine hug. So Christine was closing the door to say ‘let me be there for you’ and she showed that she does genuinely care by hugging her in a moment where they probably didn’t like each other much.

Meri is very lucky that this group is as forgiving as they have been. They still try with her even after Meri resisting their efforts. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'd bet money that Robyn's an anti-vaxxer. 

Why? 

My guess is when you have 20 kids going to all different schools, someone is always bringing home germs and spreading sickness around. I doubt there's ever a week when a Brown kid is NOT sick. Seems normal to me though. 

• Love 13

Why is Mariah meeting Cheryl even relevant? Sure sounds like Cheryl wants TV time and wants to be part of the Brown's story. Why rehash what happened when Mariah seems over it and is happy?  Or maybe it is Meri who wants a new story. 

• Love 10

Hmm.  I’m assuming that if Cheryl comes onto the show that she’ll get a stipend of a paycheck. I wonder if there’s more to what happened between Meri and her than we’ve been shown or told. Meri can’t pay a blackmailer as she really doesn’t have separate funds that Cody isn’t privy to. (Considering the B&B I could be very wrong about their finances) This could be a backdoor way of funneling money to her so she will finally disappear. It could also explain why Meri is so “bristled” as Christine mentioned during their wee chat. 

For people that are supposed to be “family” they sure do have a difficult time communicating with each other.  They have all been part of each other for 20+ years yet they can’t be honest and open with each other - what the heck are these people afraid of?  It’s about time Christine stepped up and said something to Meri now if only Robyn would say those things she said to the producers to Meri.  

Meri is selfish and expects everyone to cater to her - the whole Maddie birth issue was absolutely ridiculous- how hard is it to send a text or simply knock on that door to check on things?  

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

We get it Meri, you’re guarded. Who would have thought she would have ever used a word more often than ‘fill’ . More importantly, why does she feel guarded all the time? Actual victims should or can feel guarded. Meri isn’t a victim. She was queen wife for how long, got equal resources for her one kid, etc. She then gets screwed over and shamed for a purposeful act, that does not make her a victim that then feels guarded in order to protect herself. Just stop sending banana pics, and telling your family that you’re going to bolt.  That’s how you protect yourself. 

Yes to all this...and um....if your catfish girlfriend/boyfriend is abusing you while cat fishing you....um, here's a thought..turn off your phone and block the number.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

If you ask me, what Meri's saying here is "you guys are all assholes, and I have proof that you're assholes, because everybody else gets along with me just fine." Well Meri, those people probably haven't been jerked around by you for 20 years, and they only have to take you in small doses, once in awhile! 

on the other hand, her friends aren't banging the man she love(d) and probably have their own good relationships with their own spouses.   Meri's entire problem is Kody and POLYGAMY.

True, her friends aren't banging her husband. But I don't really agree that Kody & polygamy are Meri's entire problem. It exacerbates everything, for sure. But it's not the entire problem, IMO. Meri would be an exhausting person to be friends with, or to be in a monogamous romantic relationship with. Nothing is ever good enough, no matter how much attention she gets it's never enough...she's very entitled. She thinks she deserves anything and everything she wants, and how dare anyone suggest otherwise. 

That's the type of person who has trouble getting along with anyone - polygamy or not. She likely does best with people she only has to have limited contact with - she can't build deep, real relationships because she's so self-absorbed.

• Love 14

So I am looking through Meri's instagram and she actually looks happy in the pictures.  Really happy in photos with her and Kody, or her and other wives.  Oh by the way....anyone see the picture of her from Nov with extensions in her hair?   And lord does she do horrible with matching her LLR crap.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Libby said:

I thought it was absolutely hilarious when Nancy asked what the role of an empty nester in their society was. They were saying a grandmother type figure who did fun things with the kids. Then Janelle brought up the ladies without kids all sitting together in church. Meri's face was priceless. She looked horrified. She finally said in a panicked tone that she didn't want her role defined. Every time that I think about that scene, I bust out laughing.

Meri has zero interest in being with the rest of the kids. She's said as much and her actions have said it louder. What happened to all the pastries she promised would be layed out on the Wet Bar Of Tears, with all the happy gatherings in her giant house? That bitch goes to Disney on the regular, and has yet to take one of her 'bonus' kids with her! How do you go to Disney alone when there are so many kids right next door that are supposed to be yours too?? Then post all your fun insta pics for them to drool over? I bet she never even made one of them a PB&J. She's a selfish, self-absorbed asshole and is getting everything she deserves.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Meri has zero interest in being with the rest of the kids. She's said as much and her actions have said it louder. What happened to all the pastries she promised would be layed out on the Wet Bar Of Tears, with all the happy gatherings in her giant house? That bitch goes to Disney on the regular, and has yet to take one of her 'bonus' kids with her! How do you go to Disney alone when there are so many kids right next door that are supposed to be yours too?? Then post all your fun insta pics for them to drool over? I bet she never even made one of them a PB&J. She's a selfish, self-absorbed asshole and is getting everything she deserves.

There are pics on instagram of her with the family at Disney.   Not to make excuses because I know she only wants to be with Sol if she isn't with Mariah, but I did see some.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

True, her friends aren't banging her husband. But I don't really agree that Kody & polygamy are Meri's entire problem. It exacerbates everything, for sure. But it's not the entire problem, IMO. Meri would be an exhausting person to be friends with, or to be in a monogamous romantic relationship with. Nothing is ever good enough, no matter how much attention she gets it's never enough...she's very entitled. She thinks she deserves anything and everything she wants, and how dare anyone suggest otherwise. 

Absolutely true.  Yet, there ARE difficult women who have husbands who love them.  She needs that.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

As for Meri liking plural marriage, I think she liked it just fine when she was the first, cherished wife. She loved being the Queen Bee. Now that things have gone sour for her, she suddenly doesn't want to participate any more. 

And that’s what she signed on for: being Wife #1 with all the benefits and privileges attached thereto. There is supposed to be a hierarchy in these ridiculous set-ups. But she got the rug pulled out from her big-time when Kody fell so hard for Robyn and started changing the rules. 

And I believe she was already hurt and bewildered before that as Kody added wives. No matter how much she, as a teenager, thought she was on board with polygamy because that’s how she was raised (with the added bonus of thinking she was doomed eternally if she didn’t stay in the cult), who can ever predict how their heart will react as a relationship unfolds and challenges occur? Intellectually she may have believed she could handle plural marriage but reality probably smacked her hard. I feel very sad when I see pictures of her and Kody as newlyweds. They both look radiantly happy. Those days are OVER. 

Therapy, and Christine trying to break through, are all well and good. On the other hand, the other sister wives are the women who, intentionally or not, helped break her heart, so how trusting and open and loving  would she feel at this point? And Kody doesn’t give a shit.

In Mary’s shoes, I would no doubt be just as sad, disapppointed, hurt, GUARDED, and ripe for a good old-fashioned catfishing. 

I do hope I would be more open to trying to fix things - or be brave enough to move on. But it’s hard enough sometimes to leave one lousy husband, never mind a zillion kids. And  the poster upthread who pointed out that Mariah holds some cards here - good call. Kids often take sides in a divorce and not always the “correct” one. Other kids might ostracize her, too.

And she has NEVER lived a life other than in polygamy, on which her eternal salvation depends. Scary stuff for her.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Normades said:

And I'll bet it was Maddie being worried about Meri playing the victim about not being invited with a gold engraved invitation, just like she did!!  I'll be Janelle was pissed because Maddie shouldn't have had to worry about Meri being the constant victim, plus she's turned the happiest event of Maddie, Janelle's, Caleb, and Kody's life into a bitch-fest about what a poor, poor victim Meri is.  If I were Christine, Janelle, and Robyn (heaven forbid), I would refuse to have anything further to do with Her Royal Bitchiness!!

Janelle or maybe Christine said that Maddie wasn’t thinking about anything except getting the baby delivered, AKA running an axel brush through her ladyparts. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, gardendiva said:

If Meri really wanted to get back into the fold and to stop the whispers and “judgement” behind her back, the first thing she should do is show a bit of remorse for what she did to her family. She needs to own her bullshit, ask sincerely for forgiveness, and give a real and honest apology for the hurt she caused to the rest of the family. It is really hard to stay mad at someone that owns up to what they did and asks sincerely for forgiveness. It would do so much to clear the air.

Unfortunately Meri is so deeply lacking in a sense of self awareness of how her actions affected everyone else. She is so selfish and self involved she can’t see past her own fillings. She is incapable of having any empathy for how her behavior has affected anyone else. Her sense of entitlement to forgiveness-her feeling that she somehow deserves to be treated as if it never happened without doing anything to earn that forgiveness-is probably what is really sticking in everyone’s craw.

If Meri had made any small effort to actually be honest about what happened, and if she also showed sincere remorse and humility, maybe some of this could have been healed over by now. But she is too arrogant and proud to ever show humility. What a pity. I think Christine would have met her more than halfway, but she seems unwilling to even take a step.

Such a great post. Christine should memorize it, then drag Meri back to her 'library' (LOL!) and recite to her. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Janelle or maybe Christine said that Maddie wasn’t thinking about anything except getting the baby delivered, AKA running an axel brush through her ladyparts. 

Christine said that Maddie brought it up, so not sure which one to believe. Either way, Meri should not have made this all about her.  If she really wanted to be there all she had to do was knock lightly or text one of them.  She keeps saying they should have called or texted her, but the phone works both ways!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Hmm.  I’m assuming that if Cheryl comes onto the show that she’ll get a stipend of a paycheck. I wonder if there’s more to what happened between Meri and her than we’ve been shown or told. Meri can’t pay a blackmailer as she really doesn’t have separate funds that Cody isn’t privy to. (Considering the B&B I could be very wrong about their finances) This could be a backdoor way of funneling money to her so she will finally disappear. It could also explain why Meri is so “bristled” as Christine mentioned during their wee chat. 

Let’s just pray that Kody doesn’t get the hots for her. 

• Love 1

I agree with the consensus about Meri.  She is difficult to deal with and her constant need to play victim and general poor attitude make her a drag to be around.  I can almost feel the energy being sucked out of a room when she walks in.  Christine is right- she does bring baggage with her, and Meri needs to deal with that instead of expecting all to cater to her.

Two other things I noticed:

1. Why does the Brown family talk about a potential surgery for Ysabel like it is the worst thing in the world?  I also have scoliosis and know a bit about this surgery (I wore a brace but if my curve was a little worse I would have been a surgery candidate)  Obviously surgery is the last option and shouldn't be taken lightly, but she can live a normal life after surgery.  My friend had this surgery in high school.  She is now married, has a job, and has three kids.   She doesn't have pain.  I don't understand why the Browns talk about it as if it were a lobotomy or something.

2. I haven't watched this show in a year, and Robyn looks terrible.  She looks bloated, especially her neck and face.  Does anyone know what is going on with her?

• Love 15

I have a newfound respect for Christine giving it to Meri. However, It falls on deaf ears. Meri will never admit to her faults. She is the perpetual victim. As for the catfish, she’s not some naive bumpkin, and  there is evidence she was very into the catfish with taped recordings professing her love, and the infamous banana picture. How someone can get to that level of intimacy with someone they’ve never met in person baffles me. 

Meri won’t leave because she needs the family more than they need her. 

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I agree with the consensus about Meri.  She is difficult to deal with and her constant need to play victim and general poor attitude make her a drag to be around.  I can almost feel the energy being sucked out of a room when she walks in.  Christine is right- she does bring baggage with her, and Meri needs to deal with that instead of expecting all to cater to her.

Two other things I noticed:

1. Why does the Brown family talk about a potential surgery for Ysabel like it is the worst thing in the world?  I also have scoliosis and know a bit about this surgery (I wore a brace but if my curve was a little worse I would have been a surgery candidate)  Obviously surgery is the last option and shouldn't be taken lightly, but she can live a normal life after surgery.  My friend had this surgery in high school.  She is now married, has a job, and has three kids.   She doesn't have pain.  I don't understand why the Browns talk about it as if it were a lobotomy or something.

2. I haven't watched this show in a year, and Robyn looks terrible.  She looks bloated, especially her neck and face.  Does anyone know what is going on with her?

Because they are FLDS.....hospitals, medicine and drs are BAD!  Ok maybe not all of everything but for the most part its bad.   I think Kody is just a superficial fucknut and thinks Ysabel will be unwantable if she has any visible sign of (in their eyes) non perfection.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I felt bad for Kody when they made that joke about Meri and the other catfish woman being sister wives. He looked hurt by that.

I was SHOCKED when Robyn said that. 

I'm thinking that statement was either 1. Robyn having an airhead moment where her mouth was working faster than her brain, or 2. One of the most well planned passive aggressive moves I've ever seen.

If it's #1, she may have thought later "Oooo...I did not come off well there...I probably shouldn't have said that."

If it's #2, she managed to remind everyone in the room, including Kody, that Meri was ready to ditch them all and run off with a hunky millionaire.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

My husband was eavesdropping during this part and noticed the same thing.  He said, "Is this one of those weird polygamous-they're-out-to-get-us things?"  For real, Christine acted like it was Y's decision.  Then we heard Kody badmouthing it and it became obvious that it was him that had poisoned their minds against it. 

1 minute ago, Sasha888 said:

If it's #2, she managed to remind everyone in the room, including Kody, that Meri was ready to ditch them all and run off with a hunky millionaire.

LOL  Robyn.  Such a viper.  Always has been. 

3 minutes ago, CassinaFaye said:

Because they are FLDS.....hospitals, medicine and drs are BAD! 

Exactly!!!!

• Love 8

I don’t agree with anyone (on the show lol, y’all are great) it’s an extremely dysfunctional dynamic and they all have a part in it, I think there is an ebb and flow of who is mdw (most dysfunctional wife) and right now it’s Meri (well a year ago when this was filmed). I think they all handle things in their own way, some healthier than others but I would venture that Jenelle had her mdw period earlier on before filming started when she did leave for a bit... we just aren’t privy to it. 

I also have a theory, I don’t necessarily think it’s a conscious decision, but I think that they haven’t put a foot down to out Meri maybe in part because there is always an odd person out, so with Meri there they are all “safe” but if she leaves one of them will become the bottom of the totem pole... and they don’t want that, so they don’t push to have her leave. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I was SHOCKED when Robyn said that. 

I'm thinking that statement was either 1. Robyn having an airhead moment where her mouth was working faster than her brain, or 2. One of the most well planned passive aggressive moves I've ever seen.

If it's #1, she may have thought later "Oooo...I did not come off well there...I probably shouldn't have said that."

Robyn does  wide-eyed naive act well. Let us not forget how she immediately became besties with Meri, and sang her Sobbin story until she became the legal wife. IMO, every move, and comment she makes is calculated.

• Love 11

I know objectively and logically Meri is to blame for a lot of this, but I do feel for her. She is really in a no win situation that is not totally her fault. Don't know why but I've always had a soft spot for Meri. Have they ever said if she was for or against Kodi initially taking on a second (and then third and fourth wives)? I feel like she would be so much happier just married to Kodi in a traditional marriage. JanelleI think it actually sort of works for. I think she enjoys her time away from Kodi and I'm not even sure if they have sex anymore. She is a very private person so she kind of gets a husband and kids without having to be the one entertaining Kodi all the time. Christine just loves being around a lot of people and grew up in polygamy so it kind of works for her as well. I think at this point Meri is staying out of fear of the unknown, the loss of the TLC check and most of all Mariah. Meri is the only one who has just one kid---really her only tie into the family at this point. To compound matters, Mariah comes out as gay in this ultra-conservative faith. Now Meri is further singled out with possibly no grandchildren in her future. Her personality type makes it extremely difficult for to effectively re-integrate. But the key to all as others have said is King Kodi. Unless she can figure out a way to be 'unbanished' from his kingdom, nothing will really change.

• Love 8

Kaleb is gross. How can Madi kiss him with that disgusting brillo pad growing from his face? And then the shirtless scene of him in the bed....did we really need that? These girls really are not picking mates too well. Kaleb, Fat Tony, etc. At least the Duggar girls got decent looking men (well except for Jill).

• Love 6

No major thoughts to hash out here—-I think it’s all been said. 

But 1. Someone mentioned Janelle getting her gap fixed. I didn’t notice but just looked at a twitter picture I think Christine posted at a concert with Janelle and her teeth are totally together. Looks a lot better. 

2. Has anyone noticed the backyard landscaping at the houses. Are some homes not landscaped? When they do the aerial drone shots it looks like just dirt in some yards but clearly Christine’s house has grass since they had the dinner there in the back...and maybe Janelle? I don’t know....just a stupid observation. 

4 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Did anyone else catch when Robyn said Maddie asked about Meri during her labor? I think that is why Janelle laid into Meri like she did. She was mad that Meri’s absence was still noticed by Maddie. I think Maddie did actually want the moms there in the end. And I think Kody texting everyone to not come over was really meant for the kids. Not the moms. I also think it was telling Robyn still tried to reach out to Meri...I can tell she wasn’t sure if that was okay because of the distance Meri has created.

Remember when Meri and Janelle were outside on the sidewalk and the cameraman was filming them at a weird angle (they were talking normal, off record but were still being filmed)? Meri said something about having to go do an online sell and Janelle said it was probably going to be awhile, so Meri left. The screen clock said that was around 9:30pm or so. Then at 10:00pm Maddie's labor kicked in. I bet Meri was knee-deep in her online LuLaNo sell and ignored whatever texts were coming in to her. So Meri decided to do an activity that would be difficult to walk away from during Maddie's birthing, instead of just staying in Janelle's house and waiting, like the other moms. Yeah, they had been waiting for a while, but at this point, Maddie was close to giving birth. If Meri was serious about being around, she would have stayed in the house and not purposely made herself distant, no matter what Janelle said.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

and that is why she is "guarded," because if she lets down her guard she will start crying uncontrollably (as evidenced by the hug with Christine).  

Have to admit, that broke my heart. It is quite obvious that Meri is in a lot of pain. That was the most raw, real emotion I saw from someone on this show since Meri and Janelle hugged when they first agreed to go to therapy specifically to work on their problems.

Also, when she started crying in Nancy's office and said it was about Kody, that was very real. As others have mentioned, by far the biggest problem Meri has right now is her relationship with Kody. At this point, it's pretty much over and there is nothing she can do about it and it's killing her. It was interesting when Robyn (or was it Christine?) mentioned that, as they have said to Meri before, there isn't anything they can do about it except be there for Meri regarding that situation. 

• Love 10

Not a huge Meri fan, but I've got to say this. Judging from what I saw and what she showed this episode, Meri is in a tremendous amount of pain. And everything she does seems to be related to either trying to suppress, not acknowledge, or not experience that pain. I have a tremendous amount of compassion for her.

• Love 10

FFS Meri shut up already with this guarded thing - why should you be guarded ? Janelle, Christine and Robyn should be guarded about your internet shenanigans and not giving a crap about any of those kids.  

As far as her clothing choices, please bring back the Garanimals hang tags for her so she can learn how to match shit together. I was not sure if I was getting dizzy or just had one too many adult frosties.

Anyone else notice when the coven was sitting on the couch, Christine was barefoot and the bottom of her feet were pitch black with dirt. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The problem is that none of them will come clean and tell her the truth about how they really feel about the catfish dill. 

Maybe they have just not on camera.  I doubt something as brutally honest as that would make the cut when the cameras are rolling.

• Love 1

I found it ironic that Meri acted so standoffish when Christine wanted to hug her, even saying, "This is weird!"

That speaks volumes to me about how "close"  a sister wife relationship is. These women have been in a marriage together for over 20 years.

BUT when Meri went to buy the house from Vicky and Vicky got a little emotional, Meri immediately jumps up and wraps her arms around this woman to comfort her. 

Edited by B3cky50
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, CassinaFaye said:

Well considering where they live and being surrounded by dirt outside if they don't vacuum and mop daily after a couple days their feet will be.

well and by the look of the birthing bathroom, I say they need scrubbing bubbles extra strength

• Love 5
Just now, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

well and by the look of the birthing bathroom, I say they need scrubbing bubbles extra strength

Yeah there is that.  Their yards are dirt and they only have that bit of green space and then outside the fence....sooooo much dirt.  It is made worse when the home livers don't clean.

29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If I didn't know better, I'd think Kody practiced polygamy in name only, ignoring every supposed spiritual virtue and requirement, and instead caring only about having access to multiple sex partners made up from a pool of lonely women who are willing to kiss his ass just so they have some male company once in a while.  Nothing but a run of the mill hypocrite.  A hypocrite who can't forgive his wife for making him feel the way he's made her feel for years.

Screw him.

It has always been my opinion that he is a polygamist only to have the ability to dip his wick in many partners honey pot.  And he had become one so that he would be able to find women who were ok with it and not kick him to the curb.  Because hey, staying single and having the right to be with however many people you want in a week or shoot even day isn't even a possibility.  Because how would the amazing Kody Brown name live on?

• Love 9

What I want to know is when are we going to see YOU use that painful experience to become a better person the way your wives are expected to do?  All far so I've seen is cold, dismissive resentment of the woman you promised to love for all eternity. When are you going to overcome it, Kody? Or does the requirement that one put aside their jealousy and anguish apply only to the women of monogamy, and men are free to hold onto their bitterness and punish transgressing wives with their indifference forever? Because that's how it's looking right now.  I'm not seeing you evidence the growth, the compassion, or the generosity of spirit demanded of your wives, Kadouche.  I'm not seeing the strength and leadership the men of polygamy are supposed to demonstrate, either, actually.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Kody practiced polygamy in name only, ignoring every supposed spiritual virtue and requirement, and instead caring only about having access to multiple sex partners made up from a pool of lonely women who are willing to kiss his ass just so they have some male company once in a while.  Nothing but a run of the mill hypocrite.  A hypocrite who can't forgive his wife for making him feel the way he's made her feel for years.

Kody wants Meri to leave. For better or worse, he's over it. I don't think he's been emotionally attached to her for years. For what its worth, I'm not sure he's emotionally attached to anyone except Caleb. That's who he shows the most affection for.

I feel bad for Meri's situation, but she needs to admit that she doesn't really want to be there, and figure out a viable way to support herself financially and leave. Regardless of whether Mariah will judge her for it or not. 

And these are not religious people. Truly religious polygamists would be devastated that not a single one of their children want to live the most important tenet of their religion. Not one of the kids seem to see it as an attractive option. That speaks volumes about what has been going on in that family for years. Remember, Janelle even left with her kids for several years because the whole situation was so bad. 

• Love 23

Does anyone else think this entire baby drama with Meri is ALL FAKE? Just for the storyline?  I mean, the day of the birth, Meri didn’t appear ticked off at all. She did come and go several times during the day, but she had a reason (labor was not progressing very fast, Mariah had to be picked up from the airport). And when she returned with Mariah, the camera crew was in the living room. Couldn’t she have asked them where everyone was? And then later, she was in the bedroom cuddling the baby along with everyone else. Now, a year later, she’s still in the cul-de-sac AND has the house in Parowan.  Seems to me, something would have already gone down by now (like she would have left).

Edited by ehall1052
Forgot something
  • Love 5