Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Confronting Meri

• Start Topic

I think it's really clear, as others have pointed out, that Meri shouldn't be in a polygamous marriage.  She repeatedly has said how she admires the way Mariah and Audrey look after each other, support each other, obviously love each other, and she has none of these things, and wouldn't, even if she and Kody were on the best of terms.  She would always have to share him with the other women.  Maybe that's part of the appeal of "Sam," that he would be *one* man, just for her.  I don't believe she wants to be a lesbian, but I do believe that she would change places with Mariah in a heartbeat.  She's far more committed to Mariah and Audrey than she is to her marriage or her sister-wives.  Furthermore, I think she wanted Mariah to meet her fellow "victim" of catfishing because she wants Mariah to be her friend, not grasping that as her daughter, meeting the "man" her mother almost left her father for, is the last thing Mariah would want to do.

Meri wants to be in a monogamous relationship, and if that's not possible, she wants to live on her own in the bed and breakfast house.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Kody wants Meri to leave. For better or worse, he's over it. I don't think he's been emotionally attached to her for years.

BUT, after the whole catfishing thing, wasn't it Kody who was trying to get back into good graces with Meri and she was pretty much shutting him out? Or do I have that completely wrong? 

12 hours ago, Nowhere said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No spoiler. I'm wondering if anyone watched the same episode as I did and why nobody can see Meri's side, not even a little bit. Hear me out. Meri asked if Maddie was going to have anyone in the room and Maddie said in front of everyone, when I start to transition, everyone is out. So why should Meri think to go knock on bedroom doors when Maddie said nobody will be in the room for the birth? Then later Meri finds out everybody did stay but nobody sent a quick text to come over. Sorry but I'd feel left out too. Maddie said everybody leaves at transition. But nobody left except Meri and nobody texted to say they changed their minds. Has anybody ever thought that maybe these three bitches really do bully Meri and purposely leave her out when the cameras aren't rolling? They have to be sweet when the cameras are on but when they're off, they probably treat Meri like shit for not being Kody's perfect stepford wife and stepping out of a relationship that he himself stepped out on three times and married the bitches. And before anybody says she agreed to being in a plural marriage, that may be so, but human emotions can surprise you after you figure out its shit and it's too late. So not taking the catfishing into consideration, all the new pussy probably treats Meri like shit consistently because she dared to betray their god, Kody.  

This was my entire thought process as well. I have to say I felt bad for Meri during this too, especially after it came out that she did care.  She had no idea the other wives were there, apparently no one was responding to her texts.  Why was she to assume they were all there when she had been told that everyone would get kicked out?  And I don't think Maddie ever said it was ok, I think she was just too into her labor that she didn't care that people were hanging around.  Like someone else said, I dont think she noticed Meri wasn't there until after she had given birth.  

What lost me with Meri though is apparently not even wanting to work on the issues.  Christine came to her wanting to know what she could do to make her feel better in the group.  I guess telling her she didn't want her at the birth probably wasn't the best thing.... but Christine seemed pretty genuine in wanting Meri to feel comfortable around them again.  And then Meri just kinda road blocks her and tells her she's just going to feel guarded and Christine can't do anything to help.  Until at the very end when Meri finally said "OK" after they went around and around in circles for a million times.  I was really frustrated with Meri during that convo even though there were moments when I truly felt bad for her. I even got a little teary eyed when they hug and cried!  But if Meri is feeling so left out of everything then maybe she needs to allow them back in. Especially Christine, she's the fun one!!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

It enrages me to hear Meri say she can't figure out her role in the family now that she's an empty nester. I have sisters/cousins/friends who would kill to live closer to each other so we could jump right in there and help with each others kids and daily logistics! Just go help with meals/transportation/playing/homework/outings/whatever! Isn't that the point of this whole arrangement?? She isn't confused about her role, she is LAZY!! 

Absolutely!  The other wives are without Kody 2/3 nights (or whatever), so they are lonely also.  

She could cook dinner for a house on one of those nights and bring it over.  She could host sleepovers for the younger kids on Friday nights.  She could take the teenagers out for coffee for some much needed one on one time.  With all those kids, someone has a sport or activity every night, go to those!  Take the adult girls out for joint pedicures, whatever.

To me, she's in the best position of all the Moms, where she gets to pick and choose the fun activities then go home at night for a good night's sleep.  There is no reason to mope around.  Kids act up, she sends them home and doesn't have to deal with it.  Sounds awesome to me.

• Love 20

BUT, after the whole catfishing thing, wasn't it Kody who was trying to get back into good graces with Meri and she was pretty much shutting him out? Or do I have that completely wrong? 

That might have been Kody's ego that Meri would dare to seek out another man. Or maybe he wasn't quite over it at that point. Or the other wives pressured him to try to make things better with her.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

What does that do for you, having spotless floors?

For ME? What does it do for ME having spotless floors?? Lol lol lol I don't understand your question, lol! Gee, I don't know...I guess I'm happy that I have clean floors?.... Lol lol lol! 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, ssj said:

I think Meri is also gay....and will end up leaving and being with a woman

MMV but that is my opinion

You know, a friend of mine said the same thing.  I don't get that vibe, buy who knows.  

As far as them being all friendly and having sleepovers, I used to think that was the way polygamy is supposed to be, but after watching some of these shows, it seems that the women don't interact or like each other.  It's so strange.  Now I think the whole "sister" thing and having a big family to look after each other is a bunch of bull to support the man's decision to have multiple wives.  I really can't understand what is the purpose multiple wives.  I tried looking a little online and couldn't really find anything that said we believe a man needs multiple wives because god said X.  It just seems like Joseph Smith was a selfish horndog. 

I still think Meri is an asshole, though and that Kody and the others would get along better without her.  I think if she was brought up during the labor it was something to to effect of "Meri's not here, but hey we invited her.  You know she'll be the labor/birth martyr, but for now, let's enjoy this special time without her ruining it."  That's how I would feel. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Makes me wonder why then, they had to literally push clunkers out of the way, to give the Golden Couple room to move in.  Why keep cars that don't run, to take up space, and piss the neighbors off more than they probably already are?  

They are all self-entitled because they have a TeeVee show.  I feel fortunate not to live on their cul-de-suck.

Right, why not donate the clunkers to "junk for jesus"   or at least let Maddie/Caleb live in the mini van - i kid...

• Love 7
19 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

My question ... what does Janelle enjoy?

Nekkid Korean bath houses....? Fishing the morning of her daughter's wedding? Living in a teepee on someone's property? Marrying her brother-in-law?

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Normades said:

As far as them being all friendly and having sleepovers, I used to think that was the way polygamy is supposed to be, but after watching some of these shows, it seems that the women don't interact or like each other.  It's so strange.  Now I think the whole "sister" thing and having a big family to look after each other is a bunch of bull to support the man's decision to have multiple wives.  I really can't understand what is the purpose multiple wives.  I tried looking a little online and couldn't really find anything that said we believe a man needs multiple wives because god said X.  It just seems like Joseph Smith was a selfish horndog. 

I guess dubbing it SISTER wives should be renamed to "really cant stand your dumb ass" -  My sister and I have an awesome relationship, when we get together we laugh and have a good time, infact, we make fun of these "sisterwives" over cocktails and street tacos pigs in the blanket

3 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Nekkid Korean bath houses....? Fishing the morning of her daughter's wedding? Living in a teepee on someone's property? Marrying her brother-in-law?

Finding new shades of blue eyeshadow at the .99 store ? 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

That might have been Kody's ego that Meri would dare to seek out another man. Or maybe he wasn't quite over it at that point. Or the other wives pressured him to try to make things better with her.

I mean I don't blame him for now reversing it on Meri and shutting her out.  He tried and she didn't want to let him in.  Serves her right, she can't just wish things to go back to normal right away. She pushed him away.

When Meri basically shut Christine down in their convo I immediately went to "Meri is totally checked out".  When you can't even agree to TRY and compromise then there really is no point. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I have a sister in law like Janelle and she's just such a downer.  She complains that everything is boring or trite or annoying.  She likes camping, but won't camp anywhere with electrical outlets.  She likes baking, but only fruit-based cobblers because everything else is too bland. It's just a power trip.  She wants to be in control, so she puts everything down. 

Listen, who cares if it's not your thing, Janelle?  The women you CHOSE to be stuck with through life and the eternities want to get to know you better and bond.  How is that not important to you?  It makes you a jerk.  Hear that, Janelle? You're a wet blanket on fun.  Booo!  Hisss!!!  

;)

Plus it was just downright RUDE sitting at the lunch like that while christine was doing all the heavy lifting. We get it Janelle, you're cultivating an "above-it-all" facade, but you just looked like a poorly-raised bumpkin with no social graces. Thanks for giving me a laugh.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I would LOVE to book all the rooms at the Inn and enjoy the "tell-all" this Sunday in the comfort of Meri's living room with my fellow snarkettes.  We could doll ourselves up in LLR and enjoy some nachos and bananas while exchanging live comments.  In the morning, we could be on our merry way after a satisfying  breakfast of frozen cinnamon rolls. 

Ha, I would love to stay there, complain there is no wetbar, bring boxes of wine & get hammered, put my dirty feet up on the furniture, dress up my dog in LLR clothing then let him roll in the dirt, bring a box of crispy cream donuts and leave crumbs in my bed..   Well, I would never do that, but it would be fun.. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:
19 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I have a sister in law like Janelle and she's just such a downer.  She complains that everything is boring or trite or annoying.  She likes camping, but won't camp anywhere with electrical outlets.  She likes baking, but only fruit-based cobblers because everything else is too bland. It's just a power trip.  She wants to be in control, so she puts everything down. 

Listen, who cares if it's not your thing, Janelle?  The women you CHOSE to be stuck with through life and the eternities want to get to know you better and bond.  How is that not important to you?  It makes you a jerk.  Hear that, Janelle? You're a wet blanket on fun.  Booo!  Hisss!!!  

;)

Plus it was just downright RUDE sitting at the lunch like that while christine was doing all the heavy lifting. We get it Janelle, you're cultivating an "above-it-all" facade, but you just looked like a poorly-raised bumpkin with no social graces. Thanks for giving me a laugh.

I agree with you guys...at first glance it seems like Janelle is easy going, and easy to get along with...but I bet after a few years of her Debbbie Downer routine, she is actually pretty trying on the nerves. It's really not fun to do things with someone who is always just sitting there, acting bored.

Someone mentioned that Meri could be more involved by attending the kids' various sporting/school events...I agree. But I also think Janelle is not the type to engage in that way, either. I can't see Janelle saying "Oh yes, I'd LOVE to go to Y-name's band concert!" She'd sit there, with her body language saying "this is sooooo stupid".

Now if it were all the other moms attending her son's football game or something like that, then she'd probably be all for it. But I don't think she takes any more interest in Christine's or Robyn's kids than Meri does.

And that's definitely not the picture of polygamy they are trying to sell us.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree with you guys...at first glance it seems like Janelle is easy going, and easy to get along with...but I bet after a few years of her Debbbie Downer routine, she is actually pretty trying on the nerves. It's really not fun to do things with someone who is always just sitting there, acting bored.

Someone mentioned that Meri could be more involved by attending the kids' various sporting/school events...I agree. But I also think Janelle is not the type to engage in that way, either. I can't see Janelle saying "Oh yes, I'd LOVE to go to Y-name's band concert!" She'd sit there, with her body language saying "this is sooooo stupid".

Now if it were all the other moms attending her son's football game or something like that, then she'd probably be all for it. But I don't think she takes any more interest in Christine's or Robyn's kids than Meri does.

And that's definitely not the picture of polygamy they are trying to sell us.

Yes.  I remember years ago when Robyn was trying to get everyone's schedules together so they could support the kids as a group and no one was interested.  It's Kody's fault that this culture has been created and Janelle is "allowed" to sink into selfishness so deeply.  If he was a strong leader, he would try to make this work. He's not trying. He's an idiot.  Plus, polygamy is stupid.  But he should try if he's going to trap these poor children in this lifestyle.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TaxNerd said:

Absolutely!  The other wives are without Kody 2/3 nights (or whatever), so they are lonely also.  

She could cook dinner for a house on one of those nights and bring it over.  She could host sleepovers for the younger kids on Friday nights.  She could take the teenagers out for coffee for some much needed one on one time.  With all those kids, someone has a sport or activity every night, go to those!  Take the adult girls out for joint pedicures, whatever.

To me, she's in the best position of all the Moms, where she gets to pick and choose the fun activities then go home at night for a good night's sleep.  There is no reason to mope around.  Kids act up, she sends them home and doesn't have to deal with it.  Sounds awesome to me.

But the other wives know they are still in Kody’s rotation. I think it would be sheer hell for Meri to hang out regularly with the three women who helped break her heart, and know they are still getting sexytime when she hasn’t a chance of it. And you know the household chat would be full of “Kody and I did this or that...” Meri could warm herself with the memory of being dumped. 

On one ep, Kody did acknowledge that he AND Meri had neglected their relationship. But we haven’t see him trying to do anything about it. 

If they value spiritual marriage as much as legal, why do they ever bother with a “real” marriage at all? Why doesn’t every wife have an equal “spiritual” marriage with their stud?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If they value spiritual marriage as much as legal, why do they ever bother with a “real” marriage at all? Why doesn’t every wife have an equal “spiritual” marriage with their stud?

I have always wondered about this, too. If the spiritual marriages are just as important as the legal ones, then why are all the men in polygamy legally married to their first wives?

I suspect the answer to that is "financial reasons" - whether it's taxes or insurance purposes or whatever, they are going to take advantage of it.

But for all their talk about how unimportant it is, every polygamy show I've seen shows the legal wife lording it over the others that she is the Queen Bee and Legal Wife, and YOU are not. The husband might talk a good talk about how they are all equal, but that legal wife is going to make sure you know it. And maybe even hang her marriage certificate in her bedroom, like Meri!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Other theories I have about why Meri won't leave revolve around that screwed up cult of theirs.  She may have talked herself into staying because in their strange religion that's the only way she's going to get into heaven.

I completely agree with you that Meri is staying for financial reasons right now. In real life, if a plyg couple split the sheets and the wife wanted to stay in polygamy for religious reasons, she would find another plyg husband to spiritually marry. Meri could do that and still get to their heaven, if she was so concerned about the religious side of things.  But she is staying because she signed a TLC contract for the duration of the show and she has a mortgage on a McMansion in BrownTown. Torturing the fambly is either a great storyline or sport for her in the time left before the show is over.

14 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I have always wondered about this, too. If the spiritual marriages are just as important as the legal ones, then why are all the men in polygamy legally married to their first wives?

I suspect the answer to that is "financial reasons" - whether it's taxes or insurance purposes or whatever, they are going to take advantage of it.

Yes. And they try to have as many kids with the first wife as possible for the tax breaks. BUT, it isn't always the first wife who has the most power in the family, as is shown in various TV plyg families. There is always a favorite and she gets the honor of being in charge of the will, power of attorney, etc. And the reason they have all those spiritual marriages is because the husband got another itch for another honey pot.....

• Love 9
14 hours ago, kicotan said:

Exactly!

Ever see the "reality" show Jersey Shore?  They do NOT represent the fine folk that hail from the Garden State.

Actually they do. They represent a type. Of course not everyone at the shore is like that...but a lot are. I actually own property on the jersey shore. But it's on LBI. Which is as far away from Snookie Style as one can get. But I only have to drive 40 min north to be surrounded by snookies if I so chose. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Mariareads said:

Not sure if that story about another potential wife is true. I read about it today and it seems kind of odd. Does it mean Meri is really going to leave the family? Is this potential 5th wife going to take over M's house in the LV dead end compound? Kody is getting up there for having kids. He may biologically be able to have them until he's 100 but what woman would want kids with the potential of a geezer for a dad? Is that mean? Probably. We are having our 2nd grandchild and I don't think we are "old" but my husband is too freaking old to have a toddler and guarantee that he will be here once that baby is 20! I know there are a lot of desperate women out there who would do this-especially for the nice living accommodations-if Meri does decide to leave the family and go to Per-whatever (can't ever remember how to spell that "magical" place). ~ As for the other kids being a good place for Meri to invest her motherly love in I have to say that they don't show much of that kind of thing on the shows. Not only for Meri but with the other SW's. I don't see them hugging on the other women's kids-or maybe I am not looking for it so I don't notice. Going by what I know as far as my nieces and nephew go, myy brother's kids love me. They kiss and hug me and since my niece had a baby she is always picking him up and giving him to me for kisses and such. Am I missing this on the show? ~For sure Christine is the new flavor of the season for now. The "my love" and the kisses goodbye before driving away with Meri clicked just as it played. She's his favorite for now. Robin is not so entranced with him anymore and she is busy with the 2 little ones as well as the 3 others in their teen years. She's also not the skinny thing she used to be. Christine is getting what she didn't get in the beginning when kody thought she was fat and said he was grossed out by her over heaped plate of food while on some date! She is way too jolly and happy these days for it to be anything other than kody paying attention to her over the others. 

I am one that now thinks Meri won't leave the family until there is no more family money to spread around.  Right now she gets whatever the family jointly earns and her LuLaRoe money.  She isn't going to walk away from cash.  She will leave when it is no longer financially advantageous to stay.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I completely agree with you that Meri is staying for financial reasons right now. In real life, if a plyg couple split the sheets and the wife wanted to stay in polygamy for religious reasons, she would find another plyg husband to spiritually marry. Meri could do that and still get to their heaven, if she was so concerned about the religious side of things.  But she is staying because she signed a TLC contract for the duration of the show and she has a mortgage on a McMansion in BrownTown. Torturing the fambly is either a great storyline or sport for her in the time left before the show is over.

Exactly, plus most of the real polygamist families do not have the living standard of the Browns or Big Love.  They struggle a lot.  Of course, if your religion is so important to you it shouldn't bother you if you have to struggle a bit for it.  No way is Meri giving up her money, trips to Disney, and don't forget her fame.  She needs that admiration.  That woman is one big black hole of need and want.  

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

But the other wives know they are still in Kody’s rotation. I think it would be sheer hell for Meri to hang out regularly with the three women who helped break her heart, and know they are still getting sexytime when she hasn’t a chance of it. And you know the household chat would be full of “Kody and I did this or that...” Meri could warm herself with the memory of being dumped. 

On one ep, Kody did acknowledge that he AND Meri had neglected their relationship. But we haven’t see him trying to do anything about it. 

I do not watch any other pylg show, so I am wondering if other husbands neglect one or more wives at a time, as we have seen Kody do over the years? Christine was very threatened by Robin, and IIRC Meri was the one who went out of her way to make Robin feel welcome. Robin was of course the queen bee, even more so after she became Kody's legal wife. However as others have said it is obvious that Robin no longer worships the ground Kody walks on, is busy with 2 small children and has gained weight. Christine has lost weight and is now the preferred wife. But of course that is not because of Kody doing any work to repair their relationship, but solely by default. 

I think the reason Robin is so vocal about not wanting Meri to leave the family is that she is afraid that if Meri does, Kody will replace her with a new wife. I wonder if that were to happen and the new "wife" had kids, if Robin would agree to divorce Kody so that Kody could adopt wife #5's kids? I somehow don't see Robin going along with that, like Meri did. But it would be fun to see Kody try. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

At their lunch, why wouldn't they talk about their bazillion kids like any normal group of four moms who know each other well? These women are so weird!! 

Or reality shows?  HA!  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Love the analysis! Thanks!

when they were discussing their new homes and Janelle spoke up in a very gentle way about Meri demanding the same amount of money as the other 3 wives were getting, even though she has 3 times less the people in her sub-family, and therefore 3 times less the expenses, Meri jumped down janelle's throat with a "IM SORRY I TOOK WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS YOURS, JANELLE!" In such a nasty, hostile way, she showed that she is loaded for bear in dealing with the rest of them, and would let loose if they dared question her in any way. Or deny her anything to which she feels entitled. If that was me that Meri was addressing, I would realize that I was dealing with an unwell person. She is incapable of empathy. She will only see things from her perspective. I bet she has never apologized for anything. Ever. I too would not include her in anything. She can cry me a river.  

Based on what I am reading about the new episodes it sounds like the 3 wives are really tired of Meri.  If many of us think she is awful based on what we see on the show can you imagine what she is like in person?  In a shared relationship?  Yes it is a bit sad she is so deeply unhappy and unfulfilled but she and she alone can change that.  It is sounding to me gloves are off with the wives and they are just tired of pussyfooting around Meri and her moods.  I am telling ya, the house buying eps and her attitude alone during the budget brouhaha would have sealed it for me.  Especially when Kody was asking Christine for part of her budget.  By the way, Christine picked the outside stone for her house and it looks much better than the others without it in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Why on earth did she insist on the freaking wetbar to HOST FAMILY gatherings and lay out pastries when she never seems to be doing that?  She has time, that can be the family entertainment venue.  That is assuming she really wants anything to do with them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Meri wants to be in a monogamous relationship, and if that's not possible, she wants to live on her own in the bed and breakfast house.

Just my opinion, but I thik Meri would be shit in a monogamous marriage as well. Ol Meri, she-who-cannot-be-pleased. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

This was my entire thought process as well. I have to say I felt bad for Meri during this too, especially after it came out that she did care.  She had no idea the other wives were there, apparently no one was responding to her texts.  Why was she to assume they were all there when she had been told that everyone would get kicked out?  And I don't think Maddie ever said it was ok, I think she was just too into her labor that she didn't care that people were hanging around.  Like someone else said, I dont think she noticed Meri wasn't there until after she had given birth. 

The thing is, Meri would have KNOWN all this, and would have been included, if she'd just hung around Jenelle's. She wanted to keep coming and going as she pleased. They showed that she left the first time right after cameras shut down. No filming? Chance to get away from these bitches and sell Lularoe!!! If she had stuck around, played games, chatted....she'd have known exactly what was going down. 

I really don't think Meri cares that she missed it. She just loves to find something to bitch about. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

What lost me with Meri though is apparently not even wanting to work on the issues.  Christine came to her wanting to know what she could do to make her feel better in the group.  I guess telling her she didn't want her at the birth probably wasn't the best thing.... but Christine seemed pretty genuine in wanting Meri to feel comfortable around them again.  And then Meri just kinda road blocks her and tells her she's just going to feel guarded and Christine can't do anything to help.  Until at the very end when Meri finally said "OK" after they went around and around in circles for a million times.  I was really frustrated with Meri during that convo even though there were moments when I truly felt bad for her. I even got a little teary eyed when they hug and cried!  But if Meri is feeling so left out of everything then maybe she needs to allow them back in. Especially Christine, she's the fun one!!

I guess I try to put myself in Meri's position. If somebody said to me that my presence was draining and I bring baggage and my energy is bad, therefore they wouldn't want me around some sacred event, I'd be a little offended. Especially if I knew they already look down upon me as a person because of a mistake. I realize that Meri saps the energy out of the room and brings everyone down. I don't disagree with Christine. I just think that Meri's reaction seemed appropriate and I don't think I would have jumped for joy and thanked Christine for judging me yet again if I was Meri. I mean, how often does Meri actually put up with the "we're better than you" attitude. I'm sure they constantly remind her that she's damaged goods. No wonder she wants to move out of town. She definitely should get away from that vibe is she's ever going to get over the incident. 

• Love 5

I think what it is is that Meri REFUSES to acknowledge that she made a mistake.  I'm the victim!  I was catfished!  Sam was just a friend!  I didn't do anything wrong!  Meri, everybody knows you had an emotional affair and everybody knows that if "Sam" were real, you would've bounced.  Christine is right, Meri does bring a whole lot of baggage into the room because she refuses to let go of the catfish incident.  It was years ago!  Drop it and move on, or pull the plug and go your separate ways.  Meri refuses to drop it and she's not pulling the plug either.  She's putting herself in this limbo and expects everyone else to jump through hoops to pull her out of it.  Christine explicitly asked "What can I do?" and instead of giving a straight answer Meri hemmed and hawed and smirked and said "I dont know, I'm guarded.  You're being accusatory.  I'm guarded".  It's not their job to fix your life Meri, you need to do that.  

• Love 19

One thing I have to say is that these women have always buried their feelings, and tried to be the "fun" wife for Kody, so it must be a tough pill to swallow for Meri, when Kody isn't willing to "fake it" and do the same. Remember her advice to Christine, "don't burden or bother Kody with your problems, just have fun with him." Good thing, Kody is male, cause he couldn't hack it as a sister wife, or sister husband.

I really don't blame Christine for not wanting Meri there at the birth. The sister wive's use terms like Meri isn't invested in the family, she's detached. I mean, it was huge deal that Meri was able to drive in a car alone with Kody. That is how bad things are between them, that they can't be together, without fighting.

I don't think we have seen, the big blowup fights they appear to have, when the cameras aren't rolling. So when you have a person like Meri, who does play victim, and really shows her emotions on her sleeve, (looking pissed, also crying at the drop of a hat), it's okay I think to question if her presence is a positive thing at the birth.

The focus is suppose to be on Madison, and the baby. So if Kody says something during the labor, and Meri takes it wrong or if Kody is being snarky, Meri is able to project tension, and emotion into the room, that doesn't need to be there. It's like having an ex-wife in the delivery room. Drama could happen. And since Kody is not going to be the one excluded, because he is Madison's father, then it should be Meri. If these two can't get along, then Meri is unfortunately the one that has to step aside.

The other wives were there, because they all get along. Plain and simple. Why invite potential drama into a birthing scene that doesn't need to be there. And I'm not saying it's all Meri's fault, I believe Kody has a huge part of the blame, but he is the father, Meri's not the mother, so Meri...is voted off the island.

And once the TLC show is over, I could really see Meri either moving to the B&B or I could see her moving wherever Mariah settles, especially if Mariah has a child one day.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

My first few minutes of watching this show, I realized that if Kody's ugly man bun was combined with FRT (fatter Tony, because FT just doesn't describe him anymore), you would get Buddah. Without the wisdom and compassion, of course. 

Nowhere, so much of what you have written in your post is what I came here to post, regarding Meri. I was on Meri's side during pretty much the whole two hours. Yes, Meri was there when Maddie was in labour,  and Maddie said that everyone was leaving at transition. So when Meri returned she wasn't sure where everyone was. Janelle snarked in the session "Where do you think we were Meri?". Ummm, well not with Maddie and Caleb because Maddie said they would not be in there with them. I thought it was considerate of Meri not to drag Mariah, Audrey and herself into the bedroom to see what was happening. Too bad the others weren't as considerate. Somewhere on this thread someone posted a twitter from Janelle saying yes, that Maddie had wanted everyone gone but then decided to embrace everyone being there. My guess is she was in too much pain trying to push out a human to bother with these morons, and her mother should have been the one to carry out her wishes. Caleb too, but at least was trying to help Maddie rather than break out the popcorn for the show. 

Then there is Christine, who admitted that while she thought about mentioning during the spectator sport that was Axel's (hate that name) birth that someone should call Meri, she was afraid that Maddie would ask everyone to leave. So for her own selfish reasons she did not. Nothing to do with Meri making the space unsafe (whatever the f**k that means), but purely a selfish move. 

Janelle is such a bitch. At the session when Meri teared up, it was obvious she was upset when Christine talked about the bad period she went through with Kody, and how they worked through it together. When Meri admitted she was upset because of Kody, Janelle rolled her eyes. As soon as Kody conned Meri into a divorce (for the sake of Robin's kids IIRC), he was done with her, and has never tried to have a relationship with her since. Then at the lunch, Janelle sat there with a scowl on her face and her arms crossed. Nothing says I don't want to be here more than that. I have never liked Janelle since the show started, from back in the day when she couldn't wait to go to work to get away from her kids (and admitted it), and let Logan and the other wives raise them. She is insufferable. 

I actually feel sorry for Meri because as much as the polyg lifestyle is supposed to foster everyone being a mother to everyone else's kids, I just don't believe it. Now Meri has no husband, no spiritual husband because Kody is checked out, and her only child is gone. All the other wives have the multiple spawn they have birthed, who are now in turn getting married and giving them grandkids. Meri may be called a grandmother but she is no blood relation to Axel, and won't be to any other "grandchild". In addition if Mariah decides to become a mother, she will not have the convenient route of having married the sperm donor. It will be a much tougher process. I also think having the first grandchild together has brought Kody and Janelle closer (though I don't for a minute think they are bumping uglies) and with Christine and Kody seemingly having an upswing in their relationship, it must be hard for Meri to see that when she is out in the cold. Some may think she put herself there, but I don't. I think Kody put her there. 

So all in all I do think Meri feels distance for many reasons, including Kody, and the fact that she does have a very different life than the other wives, and always will. I hope she leaves the family and moves to her B&B. Maybe find actual love in her life. Because she isn't going to get it from the "family" she has now. Ever. 

STANDING FUCKING OVATION. Sorry, if it is bad form to quote your entire post, but YES, YES, YES! (/Meg Ryan)

I'm sorry, but between Robyn letting it slip that she's STILL pissed about My Sister Wife's Stupid Tacky Closet That Barely Made Money,  to Christine's rambling and phony as fuck "private talk," with Meri,  to Janelle's wet blanket routine about EVERYTHING. I thought my head was going to explode. These bitches take the cake. 

Hey Robyn. Your "business" was a klunker from day one, and the other three only went along because you WHINED like a two year old about it and laid on the guilt trips, and being Kody's favorite at the time, he more or less made everyone go along with it.  And LLR may not be everyone's cuppa, but it makes a hellava lot more money than your "jew-ry," and Meri seems to put the effort into it. She's got the free time and the house to store the boxes of swag that comes along with the business. Why wouldn't she go with the better money maker?  Y'all bitch that she gets the bigger house, but she's actually making some money. They rest of you sit and wait for TLC to ante up. 

Christine: Shut the fuck up. You ADMITTED that you selfishly excluded Meri, so that you could sit in a folding chair and gawk at Madison's vag. It was made clear that Madison was kicking everyone out at transition, excluding Caleb, the midwife and probably her mom. But you took advantage of her exhaustion to secure your box seats for the episiotomy and thought that if you called Meri, Madison might realize that you ALL needed to get the fuck out and give her some privacy. You, Robyn, and YES, KODY, needed to get out and give the birthing mother some space.  Maybe if Robyn wasn't also in placenta sniffing distance, she could have gotten her daughter away from pressing her ear against the damned door, too. 

Janelle. Please. Stop. Just stop. You're a wet blanket with every activity, especially those that involve the other's children, or the other three wives.  You should have kicked the spectator mosh pit OUT of the "delivery bedroom" instead of reveling in the Lion King-esque presentation of the first grandchild.  And BONUS...you got to exclude the one wife you've been the biggest rival with since day one, when you dumped her brother to chase her husband.  Janelle may not like much, but you know that she LOVED this.  This was the SECOND happiest day of her life, right after "I had the first baby and BONUS...it was a BOY."  Now, she has the first grandchild.  Sad, that these are the only things that probably count with Kody, because the only way he would be less into her, would be if she also had a penis. 

Meri's not the most likable person on earth, but on Sunday night, I was totally Team Meri.  And YES. KODY is the one responsible for all of this shit.  How is she supposed to feel after being conned out of her marriage and being lonely enough to have sex with produce and get publicly humiliated for it. If Kody was my only shot at getting laid, I think I'd turn to bananas, too.  

• Love 16

As I watched this episode, it really hit me just how despicable Meri is.  She doesn't hesitate to lie, bend the truth or just justify anything about herself. It's so old and worn out.  She really should give it a rest. But, I do wonder if she is so warped that she just doesn't get how she's been exposed for what kind of person she really is. And it ain't pretty, imo.  She has Mariah hanging on, but, by a thread. I see why Mariah was so frustrated with her previously to the point that she wouldn't even talk with her mom.  I"m not sure that Meri can change at this point.  She doesn't seem to want to. 

Even if Meri wanted to live in a monogamous marriage, it wouldn't go far in satisfying the tenets of her faith.  From what I have gathered, they live the "Principle" for a reason.  And it doesn't mean that you have to be happy.  You just have to do what God instructed and to them, it's plural marriage.  So, if you want your full rewards and status in the afterlife, you better ensure you're right on you plural marriage status.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Hey Robyn. Your "business" was a klunker from day one, and the other three only went along because you WHINED like a two year old about it and laid on the guilt trips, and being Kody's favorite at the time, he more or less made everyone go along with it.  And LLR may not be everyone's cuppa, but it makes a hellava lot more money than your "jew-ry," and Meri seems to put the effort into it. She's got the free time and the house to store the boxes of swag that comes along with the business. Why wouldn't she go with the better money maker?  Y'all bitch that she gets the bigger house, but she's actually making some money. They rest of you sit and wait for TLC to ante up. 

While I thought it was ridiculous how put out Robyn acted about having to run the business on her own, Meri didn't leave to do LLR. She ostensibly left the family "business" to go back to school. Which she never did. So it's just another example of Meri being full of shit and the others not being able to count on her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I do not watch any other pylg show, so I am wondering if other husbands neglect one or more wives at a time, as we have seen Kody do over the years?

Oh yes. Watch "Escaping Polygamy" for story after story of shitty plyg husbands. The Kingston sect is full of them, as well as the FLDS. The group in my town had wives leave due to both patriarch neglect and the wife deciding the lifestyle was not right for her.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

While I thought it was ridiculous how put out Robyn acted about having to run the business on her own, Meri didn't leave to do LLR. She ostensibly left the family "business" to go back to school. Which she never did. So it's just another example of Meri being full of shit and the others not being able to count on her. 

The funny thing is I remember an episode a few years ago, they all went to some craft fair to schlep their goods ( jewelry ) it was a quite a few hours away, so I assume they had to spend the night, and they didnt even make 100.00 in sales.   

• Love 8

She didn't go back to MSWC after the school thing didn't work out (or whatever happened with that). She did something on her own that WASN'T being run by Robyn. I give her props for that.  The proximity of events doesn't matter. Robyn's still harboring resentment because Meri bailed. But, so did the other two. Before Meri did. On camera.  I remember the episode where Christine annouced that she was checking out. And Janelle was never really into it from the beginning.  The whole thing was Robyn's baby and the other three were following marching orders on it.  Even when they did work on it, the other three ran hot and cold with it.  Janelle and Christine then tried for their realtor licenses, and then we got this "Strive with Janelle" thing that I'm still not clear what it is. Aside from the TLC paycheck, it certainly looks like Meri's making more money selling stretchy clothing than the other three. Maybe that's also a hot button issue with them.  They have kids. Meri doesn't. She can sell clothes and run around the country with the LLR crowd, and they can't.  I think that they're taking that out on Meri. 

Robyn's pissed because Meri went out and invested in LuLaRoe and seems to do okay at it.  Better than the overpriced jew-ry does. Make up your mind, Robo-Chin. Do you want money to pay the bills, or be the boss over the other three. I think I know the answer to that one. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

!STANDING FUCKING OVATION. Sorry, if it is bad form to quote your entire post, but YES, YES, YES! (/Meg Ryan)

I'm sorry, but between Robyn letting it slip that she's STILL pissed about My Sister Wife's Stupid Tacky Closet That Barely Made Money,  to Christine's rambling and phony as fuck "private talk," with Meri,  to Janelle's wet blanket routine about EVERYTHING. I thought my head was going to explode. These bitches take the cake. 

Christine: Shut the fuck up. You ADMITTED that you selfishly excluded Meri, so that you could sit in a folding chair and gawk at Madison's vag. It was made clear that Madison was kicking everyone out at transition, excluding Caleb, the midwife and probably her mom. But you took advantage of her exhaustion to secure your box seats for the episiotomy and thought that if you called Meri, Madison might realize that you ALL needed to get the fuck out and give her some privacy. You, Robyn, and YES, KODY, needed to get out and give the birthing mother some space.  Maybe if Robyn wasn't also in placenta sniffing distance, she could have gotten her daughter away from pressing her ear against the damned door, too. 

Janelle. Please. Stop. Just stop. You're a wet blanket with every activity, especially those that involve the other's children, or the other three wives.  You should have kicked the spectator mosh pit OUT of the "delivery bedroom" instead of reveling in the Lion King-esque presentation of the first grandchild.  And BONUS...you got to exclude the one wife you've been the biggest rival with since day one, when you dumped her brother to chase her husband.  Janelle may not like much, but you know that she LOVED this.  This was the SECOND happiest day of her life, right after "I had the first baby and BONUS...it was a BOY."  Now, she has the first grandchild.  Sad, that these are the only things that probably count with Kody, because the only way he would be less into her, would be if she also had a penis. 

Meri's not the most likable person on earth, but on Sunday night, I was totally Team Meri.  And YES. KODY is the one responsible for all of this shit.  How is she supposed to feel after being conned out of her marriage and being lonely enough to have sex with produce and get publicly humiliated for it. If Kody was my only shot at getting laid, I think I'd turn to bananas, too.  

THIS!~~And the post you quoted. Meri is not my hero but to say she has not been treated like garbage for years and years is a convenient lie. Janelle wanted Kody. She shamelessly chased him-as Kody himself has said. She left and returned. She is NOT the model of a polygamist wife! Christine had her years of break down time if you recall. Unhappy, snippy to Kody, obviously not sleeping with him. But these two get a pass for past transgressions? I think Meri took a lot of shit from these 2. Not sure about Robyn. Maybe lately. Christine was a bitch last episode and Janelle was a super bitch. Suddenly the blimp is in 1st place because her daughter supplied the first grandchild? These people have insane award systems within their family! Meri has soured over the years as the other 3 have gone up in favor with that creeper Kody. Let them have him. Get out and find a man who you can live happily in your family home. Let kody move some other victim into the LV house and just walk away and let it be their problem. Honestly, Meri has friends and they all seem jealous of that. She has found a way to make some money with that Lularoe clothing line for now. At least she is trying. What money have the others brought in other than TLC? Kody? Get a damned job!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

The thing is, Meri would have KNOWN all this, and would have been included, if she'd just hung around Jenelle's. She wanted to keep coming and going as she pleased. They showed that she left the first time right after cameras shut down. No filming? Chance to get away from these bitches and sell Lularoe!!! If she had stuck around, played games, chatted....she'd have known exactly what was going down. 

I really don't think Meri cares that she missed it. She just loves to find something to bitch about. 

welllll she kinda had to go get her daughter from the airport....She came back after her LLR sale.  Then left because she had to go get Mariah.  When she came back with Mariah they were expecting a baby to be born already, but the house was quiet.  If I were her I wouldn't have gone and knocked on the door either.  If the house was dead quiet why would you assume there's a bunch of people in the bathroom? 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

She didn't go back to MSWC after the school thing didn't work out (or whatever happened with that). She did something on her own that WASN'T being run by Robyn. I give her props for that.  The proximity of events doesn't matter. Robyn's still harboring resentment because Meri bailed. But, so did the other two. Before Meri did. On camera.  I remember the episode where Christine annouced that she was checking out. And Janelle was never really into it from the beginning.  The whole thing was Robyn's baby and the other three were following marching orders on it.  Even when they did work on it, the other three ran hot and cold with it.  Janelle and Christine then tried for their realtor licenses, and then we got this "Strive with Janelle" thing that I'm still not clear what it is. Aside from the TLC paycheck, it certainly looks like Meri's making more money selling stretchy clothing than the other three. Maybe that's also a hot button issue with them.  They have kids. Meri doesn't. She can sell clothes and run around the country with the LLR crowd, and they can't.  I think that they're taking that out on Meri. 

Robyn's pissed because Meri went out and invested in LuLaRoe and seems to do okay at it.  Better than the overpriced jew-ry does. Make up your mind, Robo-Chin. Do you want money to pay the bills, or be the boss over the other three. I think I know the answer to that one. 

You are correct. Robyn is jealous that Meri is successful with her LLR business than SWC,  both are fugly, but to each their own. As far as Robyn paying her bills she probably doesn't, she shafted Vickie's Secret for a couple of grand and her monthly supply of Abreva medication must really dip in to the 1 piece she maybe sells of joolery a month 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, gunderda said:

welllll she kinda had to go get her daughter from the airport....She came back after her LLR sale.  Then left because she had to go get Mariah.  When she came back with Mariah they were expecting a baby to be born already, but the house was quiet.  If I were her I wouldn't have gone and knocked on the door either.  If the house was dead quiet why would you assume there's a bunch of people in the bathroom? 

She did have to go get Mariah, of course. But if I were her, and I came back and the house was dead quiet (if it really was dead quiet - I find that hard to believe), I'd be thinking what the hell happened, and where is everybody? Did something go terribly wrong and Maddie's been rushed to the hospital? I'd have knocked on the door, or been on the phone, to find out if Maddie was okay.

Meri couldn't be bothered to do that.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

She did have to go get Mariah, of course. But if I were her, and I came back and the house was dead quiet (if it really was dead quiet - I find that hard to believe), I'd be thinking what the hell happened, and where is everybody? Did something go terribly wrong and Maddie's been rushed to the hospital? I'd have knocked on the door, or been on the phone, to find out if Maddie was okay.

Meri couldn't be bothered to do that.

Think how many births have happened in that family, though. Ho-hum. She probably figured that if anything was wrong it would be pandemonium. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

I have to say I felt bad for Meri during this too, especially after it came out that she did care.  She had no idea the other wives were there, apparently no one was responding to her texts.  Why was she to assume they were all there when she had been told that everyone would get kicked out? 

I'm not sure that anyone said Meri was texting, but if I were her, when I walked into the house and saw no one around, I would've texted someone and asked what was going on. Meri did say when Mariah questioned where everyone was that they were probably in the bedroom having a baby. So she figured at least some of the family was there. Why not text Robyn or Christine at that point and find out the story? I don't get it.

1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I really don't blame Christine for not wanting Meri there at the birth. The sister wive's use terms like Meri isn't invested in the family, she's detached. I mean, it was huge deal that Meri was able to drive in a car alone with Kody. That is how bad things are between them, that they can't be together, without fighting.

I would bet good money that the family was ok with Meri not being there, even if some of them feel she should have been. As has been mentioned many times already, Meri sucks the life right out of a room. I can practically feel the negativity coming through the tv set. It is very sad that it has gotten to this point, but Meri needs to own her part in it, and she has all but admitted that she is not willing to work on making things better, unless that means that everyone apologizes to her and changes their behavior. If you direct anything other than praise or apologies at her, she shuts down or breaks down. She cannot handle being called out. I'm familiar with this type of person - anything even remotely negative, or anything that seems to be questioning their behavior or their motives is immediately rebuffed, with excuses made. She ALWAYS turns it back on the other person. Kody says "Meri, you checked out" and Meri says 'You checked out first". It's always the other person's fault. 

She says she knows the family has talked about her, like that is something unusual or weird - OF COURSE they've talked about her! I will bet there have been endless discussions about her, about her online relationship, her distance from the family, etc etc etc. And I will also bet that Meri had PLENTY to say about Janelle and Christine when Meri was the reigning Queen. She had Kody's ear for years. And something went wrong between them well before Robyn joined the family. As much as Robyn gets blamed for things, it is not her fault that Meri and Kody have had a bad relationship for years. 

I do feel bad that Meri is hurting. Her pain is palpable. But other people can't make it right for her, and it seems she doesn't trust her own family even when they reach out and try to offer assistance. Christine tried to be forthright with her, to gently tell her some hard truths, to find out how to make things better, and even her hesitant soft sell approach had Meri putting up her wall and breaking down. I'd be at a loss as to how to handle the situation at this point.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I would bet good money that the family was ok with Meri not being there, even if some of them feel she should have been. As has been mentioned many times already, Meri sucks the life right out of a room. I can practically feel the negativity coming through the tv set. It is very sad that it has gotten to this point, but Meri needs to own her part in it, and she has all but admitted that she is not willing to work on making things better, unless that means that everyone apologizes to her and changes their behavior. If you direct anything other than praise or apologies at her, she shuts down or breaks down. She cannot handle being called out. I'm familiar with this type of person - anything even remotely negative, or anything that seems to be questioning their behavior or their motives is immediately rebuffed, with excuses made. She ALWAYS turns it back on the other person. Kody says "Meri, you checked out" and Meri says 'You checked out first". It's always the other person's fault. 

She says she knows the family has talked about her, like that is something unusual or weird - OF COURSE they've talked about her! I will bet there have been endless discussions about her, about her online relationship, her distance from the family, etc etc etc. And I will also bet that Meri had PLENTY to say about Janelle and Christine when Meri was the reigning Queen. She had Kody's ear for years. And something went wrong between them well before Robyn joined the family. As much as Robyn gets blamed for things, it is not her fault that Meri and Kody have had a bad relationship for years. 

I do feel bad that Meri is hurting. Her pain is palpable. But other people can't make it right for her, and it seems she doesn't trust her own family even when they reach out and try to offer assistance. Christine tried to be forthright with her, to gently tell her some hard truths, to find out how to make things better, and even her hesitant soft sell approach had Meri putting up her wall and breaking down. I'd be at a loss as to how to handle the situation at this point.

Well said. 

I agree, it's sad to see anyone in pain. But as you said, if Meri does want things to improve, she has to stop always blaming the other person. If all you do is put up walls, you're basically isolating yourself. Eventually everyone will get tired of trying to break down your walls, and just leave you in there, alone.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Lady of nod said:
On 3/18/2018 at 9:57 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I think Janelle and Christine are best equipped to be Sister Wives, Janelle is more emotionally detached and Christine expected to live that lifestyle because of the way she was raised. Meri wants to be Kody's only and I think Robyn is enjoying being top dog now.

I'm not so sure Robyn is top dog now. I've been getting the feeling Christine may be leading the pack.  

Christine is happy to be getting more sexual attention now (ewwwwww I know) but Robyn is the legal wife since she nudged Meri out (LOL a pathetic Game Of Thrones).

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Phronsie said:

It’s been interesting to read everyone’s thoughts.  I believe so much of it is contrived for ratings....The B&B was most likely purchased by mostly Meri’s mom, and the whole “asking” of the others was just for drama on the show.  The Christine character ( I really feel like they are acting a good bit of the time) is the most annoying to me.  She acts like a sneaky junior high girl, two-faced....pretending to be sweet, secretly conniving.  She is glowing with the “triumph “ of being the Queen Bee right now, preening with her “prize” trophy husband.

i predict next season there will suddenly be a flare of rekindled passion with Kody and Meri ( gag me lol!)...which will cause all kinds of trauma and drama.  

Oh I hope so! I'll get my popcorn ready for that!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Just lovely! I hated it and was so uncomfortable. Why??? Hand out drinks and snacks while she gives birth.

WTF!

40 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

i predict next season there will suddenly be a flare of rekindled passion with Kody and Meri ( gag me lol!)...which will cause all kinds of trauma and drama.  

Nope- she has moved up there

I think Cody will get a young wife