Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 03/12/2018

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And why isn't Meghan ever made to apologize?  Or correct her many lies?

I don't think she ever apologized, but Sunny did correct her about what Meghan said about what Sunny said that one day Sunny wasn't on the show. The next day, Sunny brought it up and told Meghan, that Meghan was wrong or attributed incorrect words to Sunny. Twat just tried to pivot, but Sunny wasn't having it.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she was ASKED by people on India Today this question. And I think she said it was "conservative white women" not ALL white women. And her going all rabid CUJO, after she's admitted she takes pointers on what to say on THIS show from HER HUSBAND? Bitch, please.

I don't do twitter.  I wish someone would start pointing these things out to Meghan.  She seems obsessed with SM so I'm sure she reads every response she gets at least three times.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't do twitter.  I wish someone would start pointing these things out to Meghan.  She seems obsessed with SM so I'm sure she reads every response she gets at least three times.

I don't know how the show addressed what Hillary said, but I read about it in The Washington Post.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, backformore said:

So Meghan's stance is "we will talk about what I want to talk about when I want to talk about it, and we're done with that topic when I say we are."  She did it at least 4 times today.  The 4th was when she asked  if she could have a "final word"  on a topic.  Whoopi was thinking "no, bitch that's my job!" 

And I don't know if anyone else caught this but you can hear Meghan in the background ask her usual, whiney "Can I just say something?" question while Whoopi was talking and Whoopi cut to commercial break instead of allowing Meghan to speak. Finally! Maybe we're getting somewhere!

• Love 23
On 3/12/2018 at 7:58 AM, Haleth said:

<-- Raises hand.  I bought a pair of bifocal sunglasses they had on a couple weeks ago.

I bought Poo Pourri (last year?) because our family uses it.  It was a better price than Amazon+free shipping.  I am often tempted, but the neighbors already think I'm having an affair with the UPS guy, so I hold back--only for his reputation.

• Love 7

A couple of let me finishes when Meghan Buttinski tried to interrupt ,  Whoopie not letting her get the final word in , and then every time it happened she muttered something under her breath. Reminds me of a little kid who after being told I've heard enough just has to get that final word in.    

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Orillia said:

A couple of let me finishes when Meghan Buttinski tried to interrupt ,  Whoopie not letting her get the final word in , and then every time it happened she muttered something under her breath. Reminds me of a little kid who after being told I've heard enough just has to get that final word in.    

I caught the muttering under her breath moments, too. I don't think I've ever seen any co-host on the show do that before. It's beyond childish.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

They did for many years when Meghan was speaking up about problems she saw in the GOP. Then something clicked, and Meghan decided she’d rather be liked by these people, so she started discussing how hard it is being a conservative.

Meghan wants to be liked by everyone.  Which is why she bemoans being "excluded" from all the "liberal" parties.  Sorry Meghan but you can't continue to bash an entire political party/belief system and expect them to let you join in their reindeer games.

10 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She needs a good lay!   

My personal opinion is someone who can't even talk about sex probably isn't that good at doing it.

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know how the show addressed what Hillary said, but I read about it in The Washington Post.

Sunny quoted a study that said men who vote Republican for economic reasons have wives who also vote the same for the same reason.  Meghan of course made it sound like Hillary said women can't think for themselves which as you noted above is ironic since Meghan has admitted following her husband's lead on political topics.

• Love 14

Okay, that's it I had to turn the show off after five minutes of MM being beyond nasty.  I am thrilled that Whoopie finally shut her down though, that's a first.  Was this a good show today, otherwise I will just erase it.  Thanks gals. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay, that's it I had to turn the show off after five minutes of MM being beyond nasty.  I am thrilled that Whoopie finally shut her down though, that's a first.  Was this a good show today, otherwise I will just erase it.  Thanks gals.

That Whoopi shut her down gave me hope.

I found it disturbing that Joy felt the need to apologize to the religious right. Yeah, you're the religious minority in the US, rolls eyes. There's a war on Christmas and Jesus apparently.

• Love 20

Meghan reaches across the table, and says, “JOY YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME.... JOY AND I TALK OFF CAMERA THAT THE CLINTONS ARE TOXIC.” When Meghan does stuff like this, she’s just trying to make headlines for “conservative” media. “Joy Behar ADMITS Clintons are Toxic after apologizing to Pence!”

• Love 15
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

And why isn't Meghan ever made to apologize?  Or correct her many lies?

I want to know that too. But she's a special snowflake who doesn't know what a fact is.

She offends me daily.

She and her alleged plagiarist husband can leave tv and go to fake news land.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

Meghan reaches across the table, and says, “JOY YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME.... JOY AND I TALK OFF CAMERA THAT THE CLINTONS ARE TOXIC.” When Meghan does stuff like this, she’s just trying to make headlines for “conservative” media. “Joy Behar ADMITS Clintons are Toxic after apologizing to Pence!”

I agree with this.  Meghan is trying to make a name for herself in the right wing media.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, nokat said:

I found it disturbing that Joy felt the need to apologize to the religious right.

More like feeling the need to listen to ABC/Disney.  Bob Iger had to address it at a Disney shareholder meeting this past week.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM's "Can I finish" reminds me of Ross Perot in the infamous debate, "Kin-ah-finish kin-ah-finish kin-ah-finish?" [/i'm old]

It's not throwback Thursday yet. But she does the "can I quickly say this"  and then blabs on.

Edited to add, SARA! Missed her.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:
24 minutes ago, nokat said:

I found it disturbing that Joy felt the need to apologize to the religious right.

More like feeling the need to listen to ABC/Disney.  Bob Iger had to address it at a Disney shareholder meeting this past week.

As asked above why isn't Meghan apologizing to the people she insults every single day? 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with this.  Meghan is trying to make a name for herself in the right wing media.

And she retweets those right-wing articles on twitter, which have titles like, "Meghan Puts Joy Behar In Her Place!" Maybe not worded like that, exactly, but the titles are usually super-dramatic and makes it seem as if Meghan had some ground-breaking argument to shut someone else on the panel up. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

And she retweets those right-wing articles on twitter, which have titles like, "Meghan Puts Joy Behar In Her Place!" Maybe not worded like that, exactly, but the titles are usually super-dramatic and makes it seem as if Meghan had some ground-breaking argument to shut someone else on the panel up. 

All  you have to do is look at the source of those articles and you instantly know it's going to be a bunch of bullshit.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

As asked above why isn't Meghan apologizing to the people she insults every single day? 

Jan Levenson said it succinctly:

1 hour ago, Jan Levenson said:

Because the “evil liberal media” doesn’t have an army of bots and a whole network that takes her comments out of context, feigns outrage, and demand she + ABC apologize.

• Love 11
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

YES!!!! Clickbait “journalism.” I feel like there’s a possibility that she’s bought herself an army of personal bots, like her friend Clay did according to the NYT.  Like someone said before, I want people FORCE her to delve into her own viewpoints rather than spout talking points... I want someone to go big picture when they question her. Meghan what is the “liberal ideology” and why is it bad? What is “conservatism”? Why do you believe this “conservatism”? In my personal mind, by definition liberal means being open to ideas and concept, and conservative is about knowing when to reign it in and not go overboard. Meghan, why can’t these two concepts go hand in hand? Meghan, you say you hate The New York Times... what news outlets do you find reliable? Why? Do you understand the process of how this organization gathers facts and information and corroborates its information? Meghan, if the NRA stands for you, what do you think of the NRA channel that pushes propaganda? Do you see that is a problem? Please answer the question without bringing in why what the “the other side” does is more of a problem. 

Meghan would really really be bad in a first year college/high school writing class because she thinks she has her own opinions, but she is just rehashing TALKING POINTS. All her sources are unreliable and unsubstanciated. Then she would be the student to get her C paper back and claim that she didn’t do well because of the EVIL LIBERAL PROFESSOR NOT AGREEING WITH “HER”!!!!!! 

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

she is just rehashing TALKING POINTS.

Exactly. I agree with everything you posted. Remember when she called Sunny a liberal and Sunny asked her why she's a liberal? She started stuttering and went on to say, "I just assumed you were one." Sunny told her to never assume and correctly so. I wish Sunny would have asked her to elaborate more. Define liberal for us all, Meghan, since you love using it as an insult. 

Another example: on "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos she screeched that the NRA speaks for her. Matthew Dowd asked her about certain positions held by the NRA and whether she agrees with them. Instead of having an intelligent conversation, she shut the whole thing down by saying, "I'm not gonna get into it tit for tat," which to me is code for, "I don't know what the hell I stand for but this is what my party believes so I'll go with that." I could go on and on but the girl is nothing but a walking, talking partisan hack. I didn't follow Meghan much before she became a co-host on The View but I don't remember her being this bad. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Meghan is a miserable bitch. I had an evil thought that I won't post but I seriously can't wait for a break from her whiny ass.

My mean thought was that I hoped her chair would fall backwards when she was twisting her legs around* while losing her marbles over the Clintons yet again. Not to be physically harmed, btw, just for how funny it would be.

* Maybe she got her panties in a twist from all that heaving and foaming at the mouth.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She needs a good lay!   

My personal opinion is someone who can't even talk about sex probably isn't that good at doing it.

She probably needs a better partner, but she has no clue because SHE CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!!

I want a man with a slow hand
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Ladies!  (Gents?) ... We're on a roll today.  Very entertaining.

Gent, here. 

Meghan was especially insufferable today. If it wasn't for Sunny and Joy (and Sara now) I'd tune out.  

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She probably needs a better partner, but she has no clue because SHE CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!!

I want a man with a slow hand
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand

I do NOT want to have to associate one of my favorite songs by the Pointer Sisters, with that vile hateful Meghan.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I am trying to read all the posts here before i post, but i missed something. What did Joy apologize to pence for exactly? TIA

I think it was for the remark she made a couple weeks ago implying that Pence is crazy because he says God talks to him.  (Unless something happened on last Fri's show which I didn't get to see.)

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think it was for the remark she made a couple weeks ago implying that Pence is crazy because he says God talks to him.  (Unless something happened on last Fri's show which I didn't get to see.)

It was the lamest of all jokes, like why did the chicken cross the road?  She just commented on Pence saying he talked to God, and Joy said a lot of people do, the crazy comes when God answers..... something to that effect @ari333

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

MM's "Can I finish" reminds me of Ross Perot in the infamous debate, "Kin-ah-finish kin-ah-finish kin-ah-finish?" [/i'm old]

Every time Meghan interrupts and/or talks over a co-host, I wish that person would talk over her, "Reclaiming my time, reclaiming my time".

• Love 24
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm glad you brought that up. I remember reading how Bob Iger commented that he was glad to hear she had called Pence and apologized. He also stated about Joy's comment, "I don't think it was right." So when Bob Iger says that, then you know it's ABC/Disney telling her that she needs to apologize on air.

Now that she apologized I hope all sides move past it, and we don't have to hear about it again on the show.

• Love 16

I can't add much to all of your comments about that nasty piece of work, Meghan McCain. I felt that she might just blow up with all of her angst and bitterness today. I think she knows that she can't keep up intellectually with the others, so she is in a constant state of turmoil and defensiveness. It was so pleasant not having to look at her sour face during the guest segments. Even when she doesn't say much, just her presence at the table makes for tenseness and unpleasantness.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I think she knows that she can't keep up intellectually with the others,

And the sad thing is, she doesn't need to. Whoopi ain't no intellectual, as we all know. She didn't need to come on this show and be combative, nasty and confrontational. All she needed to do was state how she feels, what her opinions are, instead of trying to "school" the evuhl libruls about 45's base. Then again, maybe she is just that mean and nasty and she was happy that she would finally have a platform to spew it, and no one would push back because of her name.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Ladies!  (Gents?) ... We're on a roll today.  Very entertaining.

When I'm watching the show and a moment happens , the first thing I think is that there'll be some great comments today. And I've never been disappointed.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

Because it's only an hour show and that just isn't enough time.

Perhaps the show can open one day with Meghan's wall of lies - similar to Rachel Maddow's wall of Trump administration exits.  They could probably scroll through the entire list by the first commercial break, if they hurry.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I do NOT want to have to associate one of my favorite songs by the Pointer Sisters, with that vile hateful Meghan.

Plus, any hesitance to discuss sex is the new conservative Meghan.  Her whole shtick, post election failure, has been how she's a Republican who loves sex.  It was practically her entire persona.  Not too long ago she posted a very suggestive picture in which she's reclining with about twenty-five pounds of exposed cleavage resting beneath her chin.  It was a truly pathetic attempt at attention.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Plus, any hesitance to discuss sex is the new conservative Meghan.  Her whole shtick, post election failure, has been how she's a Republican who loves sex.  It was practically her entire persona.  Not too long ago she posted a very suggestive picture in which she's reclining with about twenty-five pounds of exposed cleavage resting beneath her chin.  It was a truly pathetic attempt at attention.

Yes, the whole shy, "you guys!", cover her face, oh, my, I'm blushing, routine when even the word sex is mentioned is really phony and irritating. Wasn't she the tough chick who wrote the book, "Dirty, Sexy, Politics" a few years ago? Maybe her in laws are prudish and she wants to present herself as an innocent buttercup. Whatever, it's another strange and dumb feature to her personality.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

Sara is a breath of fresh air. I've missed her balanced views on topics and her happiness.

Meghan was looking for a fight today, which makes the show frustrating to watch instead of interesting. I get where Meghan is coming from, but at the same time she still doesn't understand how to have a conversation on the show. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like she believes her role is to attack first ask questions later, when it's meant to be a discussion. Difference of opinion doesn't mean attack your views.

Hopefully someone tells her to calm down a bit. It's okay to be a Republican, but being an angry one isn't healthy. Meghan looks like she's going to explode every time someone disagrees with her, which can't be good for her blood pressure.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The funny thing is that Sherri also continued on with that joke saying that it's normal to talk to Jesus and have Jesus talk back (peace be upon him - sorry, I don't mean to be religious here but this is something we say whenever a Prophet is mentioned), she's worried about the length of these conversations.

Joy already apologized for her words and reiterated what she meant, so I don't know why we have to mention this again. My issue is that making fun of Pence isn't allowed, because you're insinuating certain things about Christians. But do those same rules apply for the rest of us? I don't get the outrage here. Meghan also said she was offended, but why is it okay to be offended when Joy is clearly making fun of Pence, but if a Republican says something deplorable about immigrants, Mexicans, Muslims, Jews, etc... we have to separate them from the Republican party? Meghan basically said  this when she brought up the Woman's March leader who is associated with the guy who said something about Hitler. I read that he said this back in 1984 and he apologized for it, so I still say that Meghan's main issue was the white part of his message.

Either it's a two way street, or Meghan (and those who are with her) feel like you can't say anything bad about the Republicans because it's not fair. But everyone else is fair game.

Edit: I just watched this clip again and I felt bad for Sara, because she was trying to get everyone to stop by pressing the bell but no one was shutting up. (it's right at the end)

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 14

Wow, someone pissed in Elsa's cornflakes today.  

Things that made me laugh:

• Elsa wriggling around in her chair again; that is when we know she is really agitated.
  • Elsa, commenting on Sunny's comment, that Trump needs to have opposing views in  his cabinet, not sycophants, interrupts her to say that Obama's cabinet was full of sycophants.  She got really worked up about it and then when Sunny says that is not necessarily true.  She cuts Sunny off, and looks at the audience ignoring Sunny.  Elsa is practically shouting that what Sunny is saying is 100% incorrect. Hahaha!!!  Then instead of letting Sunny make her point, she interrupts saying she is not interested in rehashing Obama.  Whoopi shuts Elsa down and says let her finish, referring to Sunny.  Even after this shut down, when Sunny continues to say that Obama hired his opponent as SoS, Elsa does sip from her cup, eyeroll toward the camera and says: that is factually inaccurate.  Whoopi let's Elsa know it is her turn and she says she has like 10,000 things to say, should she respond to that or say what she was going to say.  Whoopi says: I want you to say whatever you were going to say so that we can move on.  Elsa starts to make her point and must have realized that Whoopi just threw some shade, she gets flustered, sounds like she is going to stop talking and start sulking, and then decides to continue to make her point.  The cutaway to Whoopi's face was hilarious, her expression was priceless, sort of constrained exasperation.
  • What is in Elsa's cup?  She sure sucks back on it with a passion.
  • Elsa really wanted to make the point that Joy agrees with her that the Clintons are a virus.  She is leaning in and more chair wriggling. Joy insists on clarifying what she thinks about the Clintons, rather than calling them a virus.
  • Elsa also made a snide point that it is one thing to lose to Obama, and quite a different thing to lose to Trump.  I guess she thinks losing to the first black President is not as big a loss as losing to Trump.
  • Elsa continues her wriggling and lunging across the table in a tirade about the Democrats, and then Whoopi or Sara rings the bell and Whoopi takes it to break.
  • When they come back, Sara gets to speak.  When Whoopi gets around to making her point, Elsa interrupts her twice, and twice Whoopi tells her to let her finish!
  • Love 21

On a brighter note, how wonderful are Bernadette Peters and Victor Garber?  I hated that they had to do the required obeisance to Queen Whoopi, but other than that it was a pleasant interview.

• Love 14