Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: AKA Pork Chop

• Poor Malcolm :( . He’s trying so hard to make a life for himself and form bonds, but the others around him aren’t recovered enough from their own traumas to give him what he needs. I really hope Jessica can continue to become more open with him as the show progresses. 

• Loving the storyline with Trish this season. However, while I think there may be a certain degree of jealously involved I don’t think it is just that. I think after all she has been through Trish wants the power to be able to defend herself and her friends as needed. She doesn’t want to ever be in the position where she is powerless and relying on others to save her.

• Good riddance to bad rubbish re the prison guard. How is Jessica going to get out of this one though? :s

• Love 2

"She was legally dead, so I'm guessing that wasn't official." 

Poor Jeri, getting played like that. But there was definitely a calculating vibe from Inez. Like Inez said a couple episodes ago, she learned how to survive.

Jessica is not going to forgive Trish quickly this time.

• Love 3

The sad thing is people like that prison guard are all to common in law enforcement. The guy was a power tripping sadist who had no business being a part of law enforcement. I was waiting all episode for him to go down. Jackass. Disgusting pig of a human being.

And I’m sorry but Trish is garbage too. And I can’t believe Mal was so fucking stupid. Sooooo stupid. That tells me he’s not ready to be a PI, he didn’t realize Trish was playing him the whole time. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 4

Damn, Trish, that's cold. I do think Trish has a point in that Jessica is way too trusting of Alisa right now, and that her feelings are clouding her judgment on what her mother is. Is Alisa a victim too of these experiments? Absolutely. But can she be redeemed? She's shown some progress, but not enough. Alisa, at the end of the day, can't help herself. Jessica's right in that sense; but Alisa is still powerful enough where she could escape prison at any point. Then what? 

That being said, that poor woman keeps getting trapped by disgusting, power-hungry assholes. Now that prison guard was legit torturing her? That's just sick. Alisa, I do think, is trying to be better and is also trying to survive. I do still think that the only end Alisa has is through death because she's not in control and won't be in control because of Karl. Unfortunately, I do feel like Alisa is too far gone to be saved, as much as Jessica wishes that she wasn't. It's a real shame, because Jessica's getting pieces of her family back but it depends on what the last few episodes have in store.

However, back to Trish, she is out of her goddamn mind right now. Poor Malcolm has been through enough. At the beginning of the season, I thought that I didn't want Malcolm to walk away from Jessica and Trish. But at this point, it might benefit him more with going away for a while. Trish is toxic for him, and Jessica doesn't treat him well at all. 

I am just perplexed with how they've completely ruined Trish in the last few episodes. She was savable up until she gave Malcolm the inhaler. Now, it's going to take a lot for her to come back from this. 

Poor Jeri; I didn't consider Shane being untrustworthy, although I guess it makes perfect sense. She took Inez at her word. I guess I should have suspected Inez was more than meets the eye. I did love Jessica's conversation with Jeri about it.

• Love 7

Not that Jeri has done a lot to earn anyone's sympathy, but that was a cold, calculated move on Inez's part.  (When Jeri first met Shane in the prison, I was yelling at the TV for her to just scratch herself across the back of the hand and test Shane's healing powers that way, but I didn't actually think he was a fraud until the doctor guy said he'd never heard of him.)

• Love 2

Oh, Jeri. :( I hate to see sick people preyed upon. I know she tried

Jesus, this guy with the electric shock bracelets. Oh, Jessica. :( He was beating you. It was self-defense. 

• Love 5

Ouch, Inez and this Shane guy were actually playing Jeri this entire time, and pretty much robbed her blind.  To top it all of, this means Jeri still has ALS, so this was just a bad episode for her.  I wonder if they'll find some way to track them back down.

Trish has pretty much gone off the deep end now.  I understand not fully trusting Alisa and now wanting Karl to go free, but this feels more like it is driven out of some kind of bizarre jealously or need to prove herself, instead of actually wanting justice.  And poor Malcolm has now gotten himself involved.

Jessica is forced to kill again, after she takes out an asshole prison guard.  I'm sure this will mess with her already messed up mind.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Anela said:

Oh, Jessica. :( He was beating you. It was self-defense. 

It'll be hard to prove that, though. She was in his house, and was pepper sprayed (suggesting Dale used it in his own defense). I can't believe she'd break and enter without full gloves, her prints are on the murder weapon. Her only hope is if that thing in his house is a video camera and not just a motion detector. Why didn't she just go to the prison warden with what she already learned from his old job?

Jeri's last scene was heart-breaking, not just because she's still suffering from ALS, but also after learning how hard she worked for everything in her life only to have it all taken from her.  I hope they carve out enough time in the last few episodes to see Inez and Shane get some kind of comeuppance, and maybe Jeri can sign up for some actually beneficial gene-editing experiments or something.

Edited by jaigurudeva
  • Love 3
On 19/03/2018 at 12:01 AM, jaigurudeva said:

It'll be hard to prove that, though. She was in his house, and was pepper sprayed (suggesting Dale used it in his own defense). I can't believe she'd break and enter without full gloves, her prints are on the murder weapon. Her only hope is if that thing in his house is a video camera and not just a motion detector. Why didn't she just go to the prison warden with what she already learned from his old job?

If there was a camera it might make it worse. I am not sure how Jessica could claim self defense when she illegally broke into his house. He was defending his home and property from a dangerous powered person and she killed him. Add to the fact the whole Sokovia Accords thing and on top of that makes it even worse for he since her powers probably contributed to his death. It does nicely tie into the beginning of the season with Jessica wondering if she was a killer.

Also those con artists were pretty brutal even stealing the pictures off of Geri's walls.

• Love 3

The crazy thing is that in the previous episode when Jeri was waiting for Shane outside the prison, I thought huh, wouldn't it be kind of funny if Inez was pulling a con on Jeri to get her boyfriend out of prison?

I loved Malcolm dropping truth bombs on Jessica and Trish. I just wish he hadn't fallen for Trish's "won't you help me, pretty please?" routine.

Poor Alisa. Holiday was a piece of work. It always sickens me to see people abusing their power, especially on vulnerable populations like prisoners.

And poor Jess! Now she has another kill on her hands and she is not going to take it well.

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Poor Alisa. Holiday was a piece of work. It always sickens me to see people abusing their power, especially on vulnerable populations like prisoners.

I don't know, the sadistic asshole prison guard came across as super boring to me. One of the most unoriginal things the show has done. 

• Love 2

Trish was MVP of the first series, IMHO.   I came away wishing I had a friend like her.

Now I can't stand her.   What the heck?  She's a bitter, jealous shrew.   Even crack-whore Trish kneeling on the floor of a public toilet was more likable than the current version -- although that "Cray Cray" video was embarrassing to watch.

The Alisa actress is very good in this role.  

Krysten Ritter looks sickly.   

Malcolm is annoying.

Hogarth has my sympathy.   I know people with ALS.   No one should have to suffer that.   Shallow me couldn't help but think how great her shoes looked as she collapsed on the floor after seeing her apartment and hopes stripped to the bone.

All in all, I much prefer this season to the first.   I thought the Kilgrave storyline was beyond ludicrous.

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I don't know, the sadistic asshole prison guard came across as super boring to me. One of the most unoriginal things the show has done. 

I agree, but I think the neighbor/love interest is the more shopworn cliche.     

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
On 3/19/2018 at 12:01 AM, jaigurudeva said:

Jeri's last scene was heart-breaking, not just because she's still suffering from ALS, but also after learning how hard she worked for everything in her life only to have it all taken from her.  

I'm sure she has some sort of theft insurance.  My impression was her reaction was because it meant it was true that she hadn't been healed, and also because she had trusted Inez and allowed herself to become emotionally involved.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:44 PM, millennium said:

Krysten Ritter looks sickly.   

Well, she was walking around with that big abrasion on her face from her mother, courtesy of the makeup department.  She's very thin though.

Regarding Trish, I'm hoping that some of her unsympathetic and bizarre behavior is a result of the drugs she'd been taking.  It's funny that Jessica is so insistent about controlling Trish's drug use, when her own alcohol use is obviously out of control.  There's some hypocrisy there.  Do as I say, not as I do.  I guess you could argue that Jessica functions better under the influence than Trish does.  Maybe.  But still.

• Love 3

I'm so glad that Jeri got played.

I feel terrible for Jessica though. I hope this season ends happily for her because boy are the writers piling misery upon misery on her,

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

I'd also wager that Jessica's boosted healing factor has saved her liver tremendously.   

They used the same rationale for Wolverine smoking cigars in the comic books.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm so glad that Jeri got played.

Really?  I'm no big fan of Jeri by any means, but I still felt bad for her.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, rmontro said:

They used the same rationale for Wolverine smoking cigars in the comic books.

Exactly,  I wish I had that as a fix for all my vices. 

I actually feel terrible for Hogarth,  she's by no means a good person,  but I don't think anyone deserves als, its awful and even its potential of occurring has damaging effects. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1
On 3/17/2018 at 4:29 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Ouch, Inez and this Shane guy were actually playing Jeri this entire time, and pretty much robbed her blind. 

I don't understand how Inez and Shane were supposed to know each other and when they would have come up with this healer scheme. If this was a long con, Inez would have had to contact Shane in prison to let him know that Jeri was going to contact him and what she wanted. It would be nice if the writers gave some clue as to how this all came about.

I'm also not sure the healer scheme is consistent with Inez's character. She was prickly and suspicious of everyone and had previously started to steal smaller stuff from Jeri--all of which was understandable in light of what happened to her at IGH and being homeless for a long time--but when she told Jeri that finding her meds and realizing that she had ALS made her remember why she became a nurse, that also seemed believable. But I guess she could have meant that and still been doing a con.

• Love 1

I felt slightly sorry for Jeri for being played like that, but only slightly.  She is a terrible human being.

I didn't see Shane being a fraud coming.  Either he and Inez have had a long con worked out for a LONG time, and were just waiting for the right opportunity to pull it off, or somebody got to him before Jeri did.  Possibly one of her partners cooked up a plan with Inez?  Maybe the other PI?  Who knows.  Hell, I'd be willing to believe Alisa and Karl were in on it at this point.  I don't remember when Inez was telling the story about Alisa's breaking out and killing the other nurse, though, so I don't have a good sense of the timeline to try to figure out who might be in on what.

But speaking of Alisa, I still don't see how people can feel any sympathy/empathy for her.  Every scene she's in, she just feels so FAKE to me, like she's barely suppressing the urge to kill everyone, including Jessica.  I think the scene with Trish was a good example of who she really is.  I'm not even sure I still believe that's actually Jessica's mom at this point.  She feels THAT untrustworthy to me.  She practically set Jessica up to kill the cop (not that he didn't deserve it - POS) and I wouldn't be surprised if this entire thing, starting with her "escaping" to kill all those people, was a setup to get to Jessica for some reason.

Oh Jessica. That guy was a next level creep (because whats a prison arc without creepy guards?) but it sucks that she had to kill someone again. I mean, she was upset that she offed Killgrave, of course she would be upset by this too. So was that guy some kind of serial killer of prisoners? Damn, the Jones family is just freaking cursed. 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, bettername2come said:

Such a disturbing little moment that tied in with the movies nicely.

Yeah, with comments like this, and the show talking about The Raft and how people with powers just get dumped there, never to return, its looking more and more like Steve Rogers had a LOT of real reasons to be concerned in Civil War about the treatment of powered people. When they dropped that line, I could just see General Ross smirking somewhere. 

I felt really bad for Jerri. Yeah Jerri is a pretty crappy person, but nobody deserves that. She had hope that things would get better and that she was cursed, and it was cruelly taken away. That was brutal. No way Jerri lets the two of them run off scot free though. 

I think Alisa, as messed up as she is, pretty much hit the nail on the head about Trish. I think this did start with her wanting to get Jessica closure, but now, its her own personal heroes quest, where she gets to be the superhero, even when its increasingly clear shes doing more harm than good. She wants to be more than Patsy, and the drugs let her do that. Now, she is just falling to pieces still trying to be the superhero, even on her own. And now Malcolm is being dragged down too. You would think he would notice that, even when allegedly sober, Trish has a serious case of the crazy eyes these days. 

• Love 4
On 3/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

those con artists were pretty brutal even stealing the pictures off of Geri's walls.

Actually the thoroughness of the theft made it unbelievable to me.  You just know Jeri lives in a high-end doorman building and you do not move large items like painting and rugs out of one of those buildings without lots of people being involved. (You have to reserve the freight elevator for one thing -- they don't let you move bulk items in the main lobby elevators. And only an owner like Jeri could arrange that -- not a houseguest.)  Besides that -- I just don't GET how this scam worked.  Did the homeless nurse spot the ALS pills and decide, on the spot, to cook-up the story about the guy in prison being a healer?  If so, how did she get him to go along with it?  Did she call him and lay out the scam on phones that are routinely monitored and recorded?  I don't think so. [ETA: No, she couldn't do that -- you can't call a prisoner. They can only call out -- collect.]  Did she rush down and visit him face-to-face to lay out the scam?  Even if you can get past the risk of such a conversation being overheard, WHEN would she have had an opportunity to do that?  I presume the fake healer is her boyfriend or her partner-in-crime but when did they coordinate this scam?  So in a TV populated with powered people and in which references to an alien invasion would not be out of place, I scoff HARD at Jeri's apt being cleaned out by couple of sweet-wise petty thieves.  They should have stuck with her just stealing Jeri's jewels and maybe the silver (you can fit that in a rolling suitcase.)

All that being said, yeah "brutal" is the right word for what happened to Jeri in this ep.  Not the stuff -- I don't think she's attached to things -- it the overwhelming proof that they were con artists and that she is still sick that put her on the ground.

Aaaand now we have an abusive prison guard (make that a DEAD abusive prison guard).  Ugh.

And now Trish is putting an extra cray in "cray-cray".  Why is she so determined to get the doctor that "made" Jessica?  Is it really deep-seated resentment of Jessica being a powered person (vs. Trish just being a minor celebrity) or is her desire to punish him borne out of her love for Jessica?  Because if it is the latter it seems like she really ought to let Jessica's opinion on this topic be the guiding principle.

This season's plot is really all over the place.  And not a laugh in it.  I miss the humor.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 3

From most things I've read in comments people hate Trish but I kind of get her. If I lived in the crapsack world of Jessica Jones, I would want to be able to protect myself as well. It seemed pretty clear to me that she wants Dr Karl to make her a superhero.

It may not be moral but good riddance to Dale. Also Carrie-Anne Moss killed it in this episode.

Edited by Beatriceblake
  • Love 1

I just want to know how Inez and Shane came up with their scheme... just a lot of variables between the two.  But glad it happened to Jeri... 

Trish has become my most despised character of the show... well, there a few from JJ but she's leading the pack right now.  And Trish and Malcolm probably leading the path to the finale.

I see some jealousy on Trish's part, but she also seems the type to genuinely want to do the right thing for the most part... some of this season's choices on her part excluded... so I'm not sure which I'm in on Trish obviously wants powers from the Doctor boat.