Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Double Eviction

• Start Topic

I like James but that was a smart nomination by O, made up for her last waste of HoH.

Sad to see Marissa still there.

Seriously, that's what tomorrow's episode is going to be, inside into O's time in the WH!

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

James and his toothpick legs get evicted and we're stuck with fucking Motormouth Marissa.

Greeeeaaaat. Thanks a lot, HGs. Y'all suck.

Marissa, you seriously need to put a sock in it. And then someone can duct tape it in place. And then they can stash you in a soundproof room and maybe finally - finally - my ears can have a break.

• Love 12

I guess James got to outlast Brandi....by less than an hour. 

I am a James fan, so I'm disappointed. But the season ends in exactly two days, so it's not like it's that big of a loss. It does seem like Ross is the true comp beast. I guess the show also wants to keep Ross vs Omarosa around until the finale, or Ross is just that good under pressure. Eh, I guess he deserves the win if he gets to F2. I kind of want a Ross/Omarosa F2 now. But it looks like that's not happening! 

I am glad Brandi left. She's not really that nice of a person. 

So, nice to get a clear schedule on how this F5 on Sunday is going to go. It's a severe disadvantage to Omarosa, though. She'll need to win veto in order to even have a chance of getting to F4. 

Julie, we've heard ALL of the "shocking" revelations about Omarosa's time in the White House. Are we really getting a full hour of it tomorrow? Nope. 

• Love 5

James was a great competitor but him being so full of himself made him so annoying which is why I was able to be on Brandis side. Seeing him leave SO SHORTLY after her gave me SO.MUCH.LIFE! And guess what James? She got the best revenge because she got to go out there in an outfit while you had to run around and failed in trying to put on something appealing. 

Now I need Omarosa/Ari/Ross as F3.

• Love 3

How is it possible that each conversation about the White House is more infuriating than the last?  And is that all they ever fucking talk about?

They can seriously all fall off a bridge with their impugning of journalism, and first in line is Omarosa.  Sorry people can see beyond your fake ass; you made your orange bed, now lie in it.

I would think someone with a doctorate in communications would know the word figure, no?  Ari gets a pass.

Other than the crooked mouth, Brandi looked the prettiest she ever has in her DR’s with the peach (tan?) turtleneck.

I actually thought James was a little over the top when he confronted Brandi.  Like, you made your point, move on.  Was there a lot more we haven’t seen?  

It was cute how James and Mark were snuggled on one side and Ari and Brandi were on the other.

Oh Julie!  I have never adored you more than shading Brandi.  That was superb.

I wonder if Marissa ever stops talking?  Like when she’s not talking, she’s still talking.  Oh, ok, I see she actually admits it.  And if you know it, you can fix it.

Omarosa.

Ruins.

Everything.

Telling me to tune in for even MORE White House stories is a great way to get me to bail on the finale.

• Love 8

Reason #985 why every BB season should be Celebrity BB: Finally we got a double eviction that didn't disappoint!  Omarosa winning that 2nd HOH was exactly what I was hoping for because I knew she wouldn't be afraid to nominate anybody. You knew that Mark would keep James and that Ari would keep Marissa so that was a wash. I love that it came down to Ross being the swing vote after he was so desperate to ride the middle all the way to the end. But he made the right decision. I think James would beat almost any of them in the end, Marissa hasn't done much so she's easy to beat.  

Still, I can't believe I'm saying this after that first week, but I was really liking James and I'm sad to see him go. Also, he was teamed with Mark, who my inner 90s fangirl is still crushing on.

Every time they have one of those number tiebreakers, I can't believe nobody ever puts "1" and tries to win it Price is Right style.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Every time they have one of those number tiebreakers, I can't believe nobody ever puts "1" and tries to win it Price is Right style.

I think that’s only a good idea if you have some idea what numbers the other contestants are throwing around.  :)

• Love 2

Ari should have left. Omarosa will  regret not nominating her.

I like James, but there is just something that rubs me the wrong way. I think its just that he is such a wannabe...

James "am I going to have to do press dressed like this?"  Not press James, you're going to talk to Julie.

• Love 3

Goodbye Sweet James.  I'm old enough to be your mother, and in some southern states, your grandmother, but I'll miss your snark and your impossibly long eyelashes.  I'm sorry, however, that we didn't get to see the taped message that Brandi alluded to in her Chenterview. 

Yes, this was a pretty good episode.  And it cemented my decision to vote for Ross as America's Favorite.  "It's been a long day, Julie."  I love him.  

• Love 10
Just now, Nashville said:

I think that’s only a good idea if you have some idea what numbers the other contestants are throwing around.  :)

I'm HORRIBLE with numbers so my thought process was more along the lines of "I have absolutely no idea how to figure this out so I'll hope everyone else goes over."

• Love 3

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't show Brandi's goodbye to James since she said it was so much worse than the one he did for her.

I know it was void at that point, but I still wanted to see it.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Did we even see the duck picture and what was off about it?

think there was one duck on the wall, and two ducks in the copy.  I went back and watched a second time, and they did not show where the second picture was in the house, just a quick close up of it after Julie said Ross was correct.  I thought that was odd.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yea, the one on the memory wall had only one duck and the one in the room had 2.

3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I know it was void at that point, but I still wanted to see it.

I hope they show it on the finale.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Thalia said:

think there was one duck on the wall, and two ducks in the copy.  I went back and watched a second time, and they did not show where the second picture was in the house, just a quick close up of it after Julie said Ross was correct.  I thought that was odd.  

It is funny that both of Ross's big wins aren't REALLY shown...at least not clearly.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Ari should have left. Omarosa will  regret not nominating her.

I like James, but there is just something that rubs me the wrong way. I think its just that he is such a wannabe...

James "am I going to have to do press dressed like this?"  Not press James, you're going to talk to Julie.

If they were all trying to get out strong players who the jury members actually like, then Ari is definitely the one they (both Mark and Oma in their respective HOH reigns) should have  gone after.

Also, I don't know if this is the case because I've never heard her say it, but I almost get the feeling that Omarosa is hoping that she will be sitting in the final 2 with Ari.  I get the feeling she envisions herself at the end, side by side with another strong female.     Omarosa kept getting in Ari's ear as the second eviction was about to happen, so it's like Oma took over Brandi's role in 'guiding' Ari on which way to vote and how to think.    I think she is going to take Ari under her wing, and Ari will go along with it to get the men out.  

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The reference duck picture was a yellow duck on a dark blue background, with a light blue “water” splash behind it.

The House duck picture was the same - minus the light blue splash.

24 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm HORRIBLE with numbers so my thought process was more along the lines of "I have absolutely no idea how to figure this out so I'll hope everyone else goes over."

Then that would be a good strategy for you.  :)

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Thalia said:

It was a side by side comparison. One had a splash in the background the other didn’t.

• Love 5

For a second there, I thought maybe I hit Brandi levels of wine during dinner because I swore it was a colour difference in the duck pictures and everyone else was talking about two ducks and I got worried.

Guess it's safe to keep drinking.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Hey James this is what happens when you don’t target the houseguest who’s been targeting you all game... Brandi was in no way a threat!

Yes but living with her has got to be torture.  I have only watched her on other shows and I hate her so I get why everyone would want her out.  She really needs to go to AA.  She is one of the nastiest persons on Earth.

I give Omarosa props for strategy and keeping it together in the house.  At the beginning I wouldn't know if she or Brandi would have been a worst houseguest.  She has been surprisingly very calm.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

I knew....just knew Ross was going to win that veto like the proverbial cockroach. I've wanted him gone since Day One...his being "on" 24/7 is just such a tiresome schtick. When Omarosa tied during the competition I watched his face filled with frustration and disgust and it was a thing of beauty...and yet in the end he is STILL there with his closest Allie.

Poor Omarosa....she can't ever seem to get her targets out no matter how man HOH's she might win. Ari or Mark getting HOH is her only hope left now and its a small one.

So glad Julie called out Brandi about the dare to talk smack about her...if she had let that pass she would have had to turn in her microphone and call it a career.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

Oh god Marissa, you really don’t think anyone can win sitting next to you. Did she really say that?

I think it had more to do with not spending the time trying to fix James' accusations and just making sure they knew how dangerous he was.

21 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Hey James this is what happens when you don’t target the houseguest who’s been targeting you all game... Brandi was in no way a threat!

Don't you know? James orchestrated his eviction cause he is THAT GOOD of a player lol. But like Brandi said, them going after her was more personal then it was game related so he only has himself to blame.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I think it had more to do with not spending the time trying to fix James' accusations and just making sure they knew how dangerous he was.

Don't you know? James orchestrated his eviction cause he is THAT GOOD of a player lol. But like Brandi said, them going after her was more personal then it was game related so he only has himself to blame.

As if Brandi would have done anything different to James.

I'm at a loss for how Brandi could be liked. Annoying at all terms. I can't stand her. James is full of himself! And Brandi isn't? I rather have James around since his attitude isn't as stank.

But, I don't blame omarosa at all for getting James out. Honestly, the goal at this point should be to get Ross, Ari or James out. The three of them all have had the gameplay or the likeability to run away with this. Getting any of them out is a good look.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

As if Brandi would have done anything different to James.

I'm at a loss for how Brandi could be liked. Annoying at all terms. I can't stand her. James is full of himself! And Brandi isn't? I rather have James around since his attitude isn't as stank.

But, I don't omarosa at all for getting James out. Honestly, the goal at this point should be to get Ross, Ari or James out. The three of them all have has the gameplay or the likeability to run away with this. Getting any of them out is a good look.

Im not saying that Brandi wouldnt. Just what she said was true. Though getting Omarosa out first seemed like a bigger priority to her after awhile.

I thought this was a pretty good episode with the exception of James going. He really grew on me. Julie was at her best. Marissa -  I could  win at a talking contest. Julie - that's for sure. Can't wait for the Omarossa  revelation episode. Where else are you going to get the unvarnished truth? It's just crazy but that's the world we're living in.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Julie was at her best. Marissa -  I could  win at a talking contest. Julie - that's for sure.

Julie has come a long way since her first few seasons on BB.  When she started, she still considered herself a journalist--bound by the no-nonsense rules of CBS News.  Since the days of Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite, CBS News is almost a religion at the Big Eye network, and news staffers do not do frivolous.

However, all these years later, after BB and The Talk, it seems as if she no longer takes herself so seriously as a news person and has evolved into her role as tv personality and host.  This new persona suits her a lot better.

• Love 12

I have been going over the last 2 episodes and trying to figure out a way for James to have not been voted out.  I really can't think of anything.  Even if he had not thrown the comp to Mark on Wednesday he still would have been out.  I think he was the number one hit on many of the women's minds.  Rightly so.

What I like about this season is that everyone is a good player and are here to play.  Even though a couple acted like they didn't know the game, which I give a side-eye to, it was still a strategic move.  Having Meta and Keisha beg to be evicted was a bad idea in a season of good play.  I am loving the no showmances.  In what other season would someone like Brandi be labeled impossible to get along with?  I am kind of thinking they need to do this abbreviated season as a regular season.  It gets the game going and things happen quickly.

ETA:  I get that Keisha's breastpump broke and am disheartened that they would not get her another one.  The production staff keeps their medical stuff I don't get why this wasn't considered in the realm of medical equipment.  I get that usually a breastfeeding mother wouldn't go on a show like this but..............

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I have been going over the last 2 episodes and trying to figure out a way for James to have not been voted out.  I really can't think of anything.  Even if he had not thrown the comp to Mark on Wednesday he still would have been out.  I think he was the number one hit on many of the women's minds.  Rightly so.

What I like about this season is that everyone is a good player and are here to play.  Even though a couple acted like they didn't know the game, which I give a side-eye to, it was still a strategic move.  Having Meta and Keisha beg to be evicted was a bad idea in a season of good play.  I am loving the no showmances.  In what other season would someone like Brandi be labeled impossible to get along with?  I am kind of thinking they need to do this abbreviated season as a regular season.  It gets the game going and things happen quickly.

If he got out Omarosa first he wouldve won hoh and couldve gotten Brandi out but he wasnt thinking long term and screwed himsself over. Brandis departing gift to him.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If he got out Omarosa first he wouldve won hoh and couldve gotten Brandi out but he wasnt thinking long term and screwed himsself over. Brandis departing gift to him.

I get your ideology but I am hard pressed to find enough girls to voter her out.

5 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Marissa hasn't done much so she's easy to beat. 

And yet we keep hearing the others say that no one could beat Marissa in a final two.  Not just Marissa saying it but the others behind her back.  Do they not realize that Marissa is viewed as the weakest player remaining even before this episode?  And that 100% of this country's live recappers I've read all want to stuff a sock in her mouth and that was after the first 24 hours of live feeds.  Julie spoke for them all with her pouncing on Marissa's comment about a talking contest.

2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am loving the no showmances.  In what other season would someone like Brandi be labeled impossible to get along with?  I am kind of thinking they need to do this abbreviated season as a regular season.  It gets the game going and things happen quickly.

ETA:  I get that Keisha's breastpump broke and am disheartened that they would not get her another one.  The production staff keeps their medical stuff I don't get why this wasn't considered in the realm of medical equipment.  I get that usually a breastfeeding mother wouldn't go on a show like this but..............

CBS did replace Keisha's pump.  But surprise, they didn't have one hanging around their BB prop room so it took a little while to go out and buy her one but she got one and it still didn't help.  It was a "stress" related issue in the end.

And I think that in EVER season Brandi would be labeled impossible to get along with.  This is just 3 weeks, for 3 months I can't evn imagine how obnoxious she would get.  James did not in any way exaggerate how she treated him day in and day out.  Ragging on someone day in and day out like that is a form of bullying and that is Brandi all over. 

At least no one fell into her trap of "everyone say something bad about Julie Chen" game she tried to get them all to play and that Julie zapped her with at the end of her interview.  No way does Julie not get briefings on what goes down in that house, hah.

I still can't believe Brandi gave Peter the Squash to poor Omorosa.  Omorosa handled that "gift" fairly graciously though O did rightly tell the TV audience live it was indeed Brandi's "showmance."  I'll leave it at that.

Props to Ross. He is playing the hell out of the game and is by far one of the most entertaining people ever on this show or any other.  And one of the most positive ones never complaining when he got nominated.  Handling the whole thing like a mature person.  I really hope he wins America's Favorite by a landslide.  And I hope he can make the final 2 though odds are against him unless he keeps Marissa under the illusion that she could beat him in a final 2.  I don't know if final 2 disqualifies the favorites vote but I hope he can win both.

And I love that Ross has become the Road Runner to Omorosa's Wiley Coyote.  She keeps trying to get him out and he just keeps going "beep, beep" and survives.  It would be really funny if they do end up the final two.

Edited by green
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That’s perfectly obvious - when seeing with the absolute clarity of 20/20 hindsight; not so obvious before, when Brandi was still in the House and telling more lies than Nixon.  If we’re going to play the “If” game - well then, if James were a tad bit better at doing math on the fly, then Julie might’ve been chatting with Omagawd tonight.

By and large, folks here seem to be of the opinion Brandi’s eviction was based 100% on personal dislike, with no strategic basis.  I disagree.  Sure, a sizable degree of Mark’s and James’s desire to evict Brandi was no doubt based on her irascible personality.  Brandi however, also presented a not-inconsiderable strategic threat with her own unique weapon - an innate talent to go on extended (and frequently alcohol-fueled) stretches of nonstop lying.

Before you start guffawing, consider this: It’s true everybody lies to some degree - and in the BB House you can be pretty certain every other HG will eventually lie to you at some point or other.  Most people, though, aren’t wired to always lie. Society as a whole generally considers constant lying unproductive, because production and progress (both personal and professional) are not sustainable unless based on the truth which is reality.  So society conditions us to tell the truth, starting at childhood with “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” and building on that basic premise throughout our lives.  

The end result of this societal conditioning is a default “truth setting” for the vast majority of people; lies are told, but a motivating factor or reward is generally required, to give a rationale for the lie.  James, actually, touched on this in the House: even in BB, people speak truth at least part of the time to bank credit they can draw against later to sell their Big Lie.  This is what most people do, what most people know - what most people expect.

So what happens when “most people” encounter one of those rare individuals whose default setting is not truth, but lie?  They make the mistake of assuming the perpetual liar is just like them - that even if the other person lies a LOT, there must be some grains of truth scattered among the chaff of lies.  Maybe  not a lot, maybe just a little - but depending upon which lie is believed, its damage could be inestimable.  And when BrandiWine gets on a roll, the lies flow like a river.

It’s kind of like mass-marketing, when you think about it; if you’re throwing out a million ads, then even a 0.1% response is pretty damn good.  And it only takes one torpedo - or one HG believing one of Brandi’s lies - to sink a HG’s ship.

So yeah, I don’t think the targeting of Brandi was totally without strategic merit.  :)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, green said:

Props to Ross. He is playing the hell out of the game and is by far one of the most entertaining people ever on this show or any other.  And one of the most positive ones never complaining when he got nominated.  Handling the whole thing like a mature person.  I really hope he wins America's Favorite by a landslide.  And I hope he can make the final 2 though odds are against him unless he keeps Marissa under the illusion that she could beat him in a final 2.  I don't know if final 2 disqualifies the favorites vote but I hope he can win both.

And I love that Ross has become the Road Runner to Omorosa's Wiley Coyote.  She keeps trying to get him out and he just keeps going "beep, beep" and survives.  It would be really funny if they do end up the final two.

I liked Ross just fine before CBB and will probably continue liking him after CBB, but his over the top "woe is me" attitude whenever he votes to evict someone or when he decides to use the POV on himself instead of his opponent (egads!) has got me rooting against him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I liked Ross just fine before CBB and will probably continue liking him after CBB, but his over the top "woe is me" attitude whenever he votes to evict someone or when he decides to use the POV on himself instead of his opponent (egads!) has got me rooting against him.

+1. And just, in general, his 24/7 fakeness is really tiresome. He's playing the hell outta the game though. Although I'm not sure how well he's playing. Making alliances with everyone and betraying everyone is not an ideal strategy. But in this season he will undoubtedly win if he makes F2.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I never thought that I would root for Omorosa. Ever. Never. I just don't understand. I'm hoping that she wins it all. 

In the history of reality TV, I think BB is the only show without a Black winner. The only show with open racism, and maybe that's why I haven't watched in about 5 years. Since Dick Donato's 1st season (is he still alive) they need to do something, or maybe not. Maybe the goal ISN'T to attract minority viewers. Smh. 

Ross, Marissa, and Ari are nothing but mean girls. Omorosa isn't a walk in the park, but some of the things that they say. Can we please get a non bitchy gay man? I haven't watched in years, so there may have been one. I'll give this year another try. However, I will never subscribe to the live feeds. I can look at CNN to see racism everyday. BB reminds me just how much SOME people suck in private! 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I was kind of hoping that Brandi would say something about Julie.  I don't know what makes Julie so untouchable.  Yes, I know who she is married to.  Still, I would think someone on their way out of the door wouldn't much care who Julie is married to.

Because she's the host? Does Phil from The Amazing Race get trash talked on camera? Does Jeff Probst from Survivor (and lemme tell you, those castaways have plenty to bitch about when it comes to him). I don't think the contestants on America's Next Top Model sit there bashing Tyra Banks for shits and giggles on camera and if they do, can someone please send me the Youtube video of Tyra finding out and going ham on them because that would be amazing.

My point is: hosts are hosts. They're not contestants. They're nothing but a guiding voice in the grand scheme of things (again, unless it's Probst). Why can't Chenbot be untouchable? I kinda like how everyone seems to have mad respect or terrifying fear of her (and her husband). It tickles me. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The same could be said about Brandi.  If she didn't act like such a pill, she probably would have still been in the house.

Unfortunately, Omerosa will probably be in it till the end.  She supposedly doesn't have any allies.  Well, at least not inside the house.  I still think her still being in the house is shady as hell.

Totally. As Marissa said "you cant save Brandi from Brandi" or whatever. But she never really stood a chance to win unlike James. 

• Love 2