Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always felt that the debacle with Ted Danson and the Black face had a negative effect on her career.  The goodwill that she had had with her Oscar win for ghost was overshadowed by that awful incident.

The whole blackface incident, is one of the reasons that I won't watch The good place, even though my friends tell me it's good, because I refuse to watch anything with Ted Danson.

As for Whoopi, she came out later, and said, she supported his routine, and wrote many of the jokes herself, and provided him with the makeup artist to paint his face black.

I just don't see how she thought having a white man, dress in black face, while eating a watermelon, and using racial slurs was a good idea?

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It wasn't the only reason her career took a hit.  She also made a gross joke about Bush that lost her an endorsement deal with Slim-Fast.  Then went on talk shows complaining about it.  

And the final nail in the coffin of her movie career:  joining The View.

Remember she had a movie come out recently to very bad reviews. The movie was 9/11, starring Whoopi and Charlie sheen. 

Whoopi didn't reference it explicitly, but had a little rant about how nobody should pay attention to movie critics.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

Remember she had a movie come out recently to very bad reviews. The movie was 9/11, starring Whoopi and Charlie sheen. 

Whoopi didn't reference it explicitly, but had a little rant about how nobody should pay attention to movie critics.

Taking response to Whoopi's thread.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
2 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

She was raised Catholic and -- to make a generalization -- grew up in a home where you DON'T talk about it. 

Most of us outgrew it...unless we (females) were encouraged to be coy and so easily embarrassed.

• Love 4

I am not attempting to use bad taste, but didn't Meghan say that the signatures had to be at the White House by mid-March? That's an awfully long time to wait for a funeral for a young man who died a hero's death in mid-February. It may make Meghan (and others) feel better for him to have that honor, but it's up to his family, period. Often the funeral is cathartic and is when the healing process begins. (I recently had two very hard deaths of family members, and I realize that "healing" is a trite word after a tragedy, but rituals and shared grief are a thing for a reason -- they do help survivors move past the terrible limbo of having a loved one transition from someone you saw every day to someone you will never see again.)

If it's the family's desire to wait for the possibility of a full military funeral, that's exactly what they should do. But it feels that this petition ever-so-vaguely is taking it out of their hands.

I really would like to hear Meghan talk about the NRA and how she feels about it in light of her membership and the fact that the current gun laws allowed the murderer to obtain an assault weapon before he could legally obtain an alcoholic drink. She's not really one for introspection, and I imagine she would simply quote a meme.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I am not attempting to use bad taste, but didn't Meghan say that the signatures had to be at the White House by mid-March? That's an awfully long time to wait for a funeral for a young man who died a hero's death in mid-February. It may make Meghan (and others) feel better for him to have that honor, but it's up to his family, period. Often the funeral is cathartic and is when the healing process begins. (I recently had two very hard deaths of family members, and I realize that "healing" is a trite word after a tragedy, but rituals and shared grief are a thing for a reason -- they do help survivors move past the terrible limbo of having a loved one transition from someone you saw every day to someone you will never see again.)

If it's the family's desire to wait for the possibility of a full military funeral, that's exactly what they should do. But it feels that this petition ever-so-vaguely is taking it out of their hands.

I really would like to hear Meghan talk about the NRA and how she feels about it in light of her membership and the fact that the current gun laws allowed the murderer to obtain an assault weapon before he could legally obtain an alcoholic drink. She's not really one for introspection, and I imagine she would simply quote a meme.

students receive military awards

Elsa might not realize that three students including Peter Wang have or will be awarded by the Army, at their funerals.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Meghan's pleas to sign a petition to the WH for a military funeral for one of the Parkland's victims ring hollow.  

Of course she did; and I noticed it was for the one victim who was a military. Color me shocked! SHOCKED! I say! NOT.

50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

See?! Why not for all of them, Meghan???

39 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

She's an idiot and has such tunnel vision. As for your last point, wasn't this discussed on last Thursday's show, when she was all nasty and up in arms? I know on Friday, she couldn't separate the NRA from the Second Amendment and doubled down.

12 minutes ago, bannana said:

students receive military awards

Elsa might not realize that three students including Peter Wang have or will be awarded by the Army, at their funerals.

Because, and forgive me, she thinks ONLY those who SERVE in the Military deserve the accolades. Look, I am grateful to our military. Though not in the U.S., my father served in the Indian Army, was honorably discharged due to wounds/injuries he had sustained in the wars with China and Pakistan. So I get it. But Meghan comes off as not caring about anyone who isn't in the military unless she's directly faced with them.

• Love 15

Oh Give me a FUCKING BREAK! Now Meghan thinks we live in a "dystopian society" because of all these people who get an attitude on planes (not that they're right to do so), but we've always had rude obnoxious people! Someone SERIOUSLY needs to sit her ass down with a dictionary! Infamous is NOT what she thinks it means, and if someone could sit her down and show her movies of a dystopian society, then maybe it would sink in.

And OF COURSE she thought about the ROTC cadet "all weekend." I'm sorry, Meghan, but did you not think about all the OTHER KIDS and TEACHERS who were killed? Not to take away from his sacrifice, but COME ON! What he did, wasn't anything the others didn't also do. And as @bannana posted, the students killed will be receiving military awards.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
Just now, Former Nun said:

And do these petitions that "must reach the White House" by a certain date really do any good?   I never believe the things I see posted about online petitions.

The only one that did was Bill Maher asking his viewers to sign his petition to have President Obama come on his show as he left office. Personally? I think Obama planned on going, but Maher got the 100,000 signatures.

And again. It's a good thing there's not a wall near me where I can bang my head, because during the marriage discussion, Meghan goes on how she thinks it's a good idea to marry someone who has the same "idiosyncrasies" as you do! GAAAAH!!!ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! I believe the WORD she was looking for was "values?" Because she wasn't speaking in context of what some might think "weird" or "unusual" characteristics. 

OH! I did love how Holly shut Whoopi up, even if she didn't stop Whoopi from making faces and rolling her eyes.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And do these petitions that "must reach the White House" by a certain date really do any good?   I never believe the things I see posted about online petitions.

If you directly petition the White House and it reaches a certain number of signatures (250K? Don't quote me), the White House has to make an official statement about it.

• Love 1

OMG, I can barely tolerate the show anymore with MM there. There were 3 students in JROTC massacred. MM singles out one. Dismissing the others. Not a mention,

Let alone her word choices like idiosyncrasies and eccentric.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

OMG, I can barely tolerate the show anymore with MM there. There were 3 students in JROTC massacred. MM singles out one. Dismissing the others. Not a mention,

Let alone her word choices like idiosyncrasies and eccentric.

Don't forget "infamous" singers who have sung the National Anthem in the past. And she didn't even mention Pink!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Give me a FUCKING BREAK! Now Meghan thinks we live in a "dystopian society" because of all these people who get an attitude on planes (not that they're right to do so), but we've always had rude obnoxious people! Someone SERIOUSLY needs to sit her ass down with a dictionary! Infamous is NOT what she thinks it means, and if someone could sit her down and show her movies of a dystopian society, then maybe it would sink in.

And OF COURSE she thought about the ROTC cadet "all weekend." I'm sorry, Meghan, but did you not think about all the OTHER KIDS and TEACHERS who were killed? Not to take away from his sacrifice, but COME ON! What he did, wasn't anything the others didn't also do. And as @bannana posted, the students killed will be receiving military awards.

Thanks Scorpio, THAT was the other word she used incorrectly!!!  Her lack of English comprehension makes my teeth ache.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

she thinks it's a good idea to marry someone who has the same "idiosyncrasies" as you do

Did she mean "ideals', or maybe 'idealogy'?  She's dumber than a box of rocks.  And insecure; she tosses out ten dollar multi-syllabic words to impress the  masses and only succeeds in showing her ignorance.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Did she mean "ideals', or maybe 'idealogy'?  She's dumber than a box of rocks.  And insecure; she tosses out ten dollar multi-syllabic words to impress the  masses and only succeeds in showing her ignorance.

Who the hell knows? I suspect it's ideology. And she was totally TONE DEAF when saying how mean and nasty people are these days. Have you looked in a mirror, Meghan? How would you describe your nasty, hostile attitude every damn day toward Joy?

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Vixenstud said:

Am I the only one that can't stand HRP?  Did like her pushing at Whoopi though.

I'm not a fan either. I can take her in small doses like with today's show. I couldn't watch her as a regular panelist on a talk show though. Her only real crime for me is that she's boring. I agree with sugarbaker design that getting rid of her and Leah Remini was a good move for The Talk (even though I think Remini was justified to hold resentment against Osborne and Chen--I'm not a fan of those two either, although at least Julie is a good moderator).

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, sugarbaker design said:

It wasn't the only reason her career took a hit.  She also made a gross joke about Bush that lost her an endorsement deal with Slim-Fast.  Then went on talk shows complaining about it.  

And the final nail in the coffin of her movie career:  joining The View.

I'd say the final nail was hitting 50. Hollywood's lack of roles--much less good roles--for women, particularly older women, isn't new. I don't think The View really damaged her career since she had already come down before she joined The View. That and when she goes on other shows, she acts like a completely different person and most celebrities seem not to have watched her on The View. Her early years on The View didn't really make me think less of her. And even now I'd say she's a good actress; she gave a decent performance in that film with Ashley Judd two years or so ago.

I agree with others that Meghan touting a petition for a boy who died in the Florida shooting rang hollow. I support the petition she referred to, but it seemed like a way for her to get an out in the gun discussion where she couldn't say anything without sounding like the monster she is. Still, I was glad not to hear her usual spiel. I did agree with her as far as being careful with media devices since they could be recording you; that part I do agree as a definition of "dystopian society." Average people having cell-phones and the ability to record other people's bad behavior, on the other hand, doesn't qualify.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
I must've typed too fast and misspelled Ashley, lol.
  • Love 6

They talked about the woman getting kicked off a flight, but they got the details wrong.   The passenger was first bitching about having to sit in the back of the plane, then complained because a mother and baby were sitting next to her.   The baby wasn't crying (the mother recorded the encounter on her camera, there is no crying, just the woman yelling), the passenger assumed the baby would be a disturbance to her at some point in the flight.  

So whoopi once again talks about her "Baby Air"  idea.  Her idea is dumb, for a number of reasons.  But if she is so convinced of it, maybe she just needs to invest her money into the company (she'll go broke) 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Now Meghan thinks we live in a "dystopian society" because of all these people who get an attitude on planes (not that they're right to do so), but we've always had rude obnoxious people!

Can we nominate her for the Hunger Games?

6 hours ago, backformore said:

So whoopi once again talks about her "Baby Air"  idea. 

And Whoopi only flies when she needs to and is stoned to the point of unconsciousness when she does.  I doubt she is disturbed by small children often.  (I do remember her talking about one incident.)

• Love 5
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

All 17 victim's lives mattered.  They all had value.  But Meghan has this tunnel vision that only people who served in the military are worthy of respect.  So tell me Meghan why you or your husband has never chosen to serve?

9 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I'm surprised someone  hasn't made a video of all her vocabulary missteps.  It's become a daily occurrence.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don't want to sound insensitive, but after watching the cohosts talk about what happened and Meghan brought up this young man, I felt off. I'm sad that he died so young and in this manner, but this shout out made me feel like Meghan will only mention things that relate to her. And I know that we all do this, but so many kids died and the teacher and janitor as well. The teacher was left his door open so more people could be saved and this gentleman did too, but because he's a Cadet, Meghan has to show more passion just for him. It's expected, but at the same time I expected more.

I'm not sure how to word it properly or explain my feelings, but something about this didn't sit well with me. If his family is okay with this, then that's one thing, but there's something about the shout-out that I didn't like. 

The students of the school have been making the rounds on TV shows, so I hope some come on the View and show their passion and drive to get proper gun reform. I'd like to see what Meghan says to them about it, or if she'll be removed from that interview.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't want to sound insensitive, but after watching the cohosts talk about what happened and Meghan brought up this young man, I felt off. I'm sad that he died so young and in this manner, but this shout out made me feel like Meghan will only mention things that relate to her. And I know that we all do this, but so many kids died and the teacher and janitor as well. The teacher was left his door open so more people could be saved and this gentleman did too, but because he's a Cadet, Meghan has to show more passion just for him. It's expected, but at the same time I expected more.

I'm not sure how to word it properly or explain my feelings, but something about this didn't sit well with me. If his family is okay with this, then that's one thing, but there's something about the shout-out that I didn't like. 

The students of the school have been making the rounds on TV shows, so I hope some come on the View and show their passion and drive to get proper gun reform. I'd like to see what Meghan says to them about it, or if she'll be removed from that interview.

I agree with you and also stated the same thing up thread. You know who I think should come on this show? Emma. She is amazing and fantastic.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't want to sound insensitive, but after watching the cohosts talk about what happened and Meghan brought up this young man, I felt off.

It seemed forced to me, as if she called out this particular young man because it fits her agenda. 

1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Due to Meghan's nastiness and insensitivity, she would probably be left out of the segment, as she often is when the topics are dealing with issues that require compassion and understanding.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Due to Meghan's nastiness and insensitivity, she would probably be left out of the segment, as she often is when the topics are dealing with issues that require compassion and understanding.

Can you imagine the producers' meeting?  "This segment requires extreme sensitivity and tact.  Let's give MM a coffee break."

• Love 15
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Can you imagine the producers' meeting?  "This segment requires extreme sensitivity and tact.  Let's give MM a coffee break."

LOL every time she's missing from certain segments (eg: when Eric Garner's widow came on the show) I pretty much imagine that the producers collectively decide to keep Meghan off.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Since these teens/young adults are making the rounds talking about the need for stricter gun control laws, Meghan BETTER not be on a segment with them, because her viewpoint matters nothing compared to the viewpoint of  people who were SHOT AT. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Since these teens/young adults are making the rounds talking about the need for stricter gun control laws, Meghan BETTER not be on a segment with them, because her viewpoint matters nothing compared to the viewpoint of  people who were SHOT AT. 

If she were, I submit she'd keep her big fat hostile mouth shut. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

I can hear her "whataboutism" already.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

Give it a rest, Meghan. Exactly how many times does Jemele have to say not all Trump supporters are white supremacists? Stop trying to put words in her mouth. And take that scowl off your face

I literally screamed shut up at the TV. She came out looking pissed, what a nasty piece of work. 

• Love 13

Quit frowning, Meghan, or your face will freeze that way.  Good lord, not 5 minutes in and Meghan is twisting Jamele's words and confronting her about something she didn't say.

If the show can get these kids on I'd love to hear them ask Meghan about NRA campaign contributions. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

She asked Jamele if she thinks Ben Carson is a white supremacist. I don't know how many times I'm going to repeat this on this thread, but that was the DUMBEST fucking question I have ever heard her ask. Everyday she outdoes herself in the stupidity arena. Jamele wasn't having it and made it clear to Meggie she didn't say all the people Trump surrounds himself with are white supremacist. A black person cannot be a fucking white supremacist Meghan. 

So she is trying to do the "Gotcha" questions again.  Does she not have someone in her life to tell her how ridiculous she is becoming?

• Love 15