Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Big Apple Bites

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ugh, eye things--NO! You guys are warriors, man--I would crumble!

I have this condition "epiphora" which simply means my eyes produce tears when I'm not crying.  I'm told that my "drains" are clogged.  The cure is going to an opthalmic plastic surgeon and having my "drains" enlarged (aka CUT with a scalpel) so the tears can drain normally.  Procedure is done while the patient is conscious.  Just a couple of numbing eye drops, and then they'll ask me to help with moving my eye the proper direction. (YIKES!)

I've canceled two appointments -- I just keep thinking the cure is worse than the malady.  Although it IS frequently annoying I cannot bring myself to do it.  While I'm conscious.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Watched for a second time.  I think I'm less confused.

First, "Unclench your thighs" is as funny the 2nd time around.  

As is Drunk Rinner.  Trying to figure out what the hell is going on to get in on it.  I swear she said "wound and wound" Instead of "round and round".  And then LVP shutting her up with a cocktail and a hand with a shove to the face.

Second, LVP was clear from the start when Kyle stated she had to say something to Dorit, that it was Dorit's night.  This happened when they were getting hair and make up.

Then I started making connections to Dorit's Bella night and LVP'S Bella night.  It was a big moment for LVP and became less than when the ladies decided to rent a house, abandoning LVP and the plan to hang together for the weekend.  She was disappointed IIRC.

Perhaps LVP was remembering that "her night" wasn't "honored" by her friends and didn't want to do the same, mixed in with trying to figure out truth, from hot sauce to lies. 

So she did, what in my opinion*,was a realistic and smart thing.  Don't make/ruin someone else's night/party and gather your evidence before ruling and save it for another night.

Cause they were all having fun until Kyle went 16 year old drunk, crying girl at the kegger.

*I'm an unabashed LVP minion, so take my opinion with a grain of tequila salt.  LVP minions look like pink tic tacs.  Our overalls are lavender. The tiny pocket up front is the perfect place for our teeny, tiny puppies,kittys and bunnies, who wear collars of fresh, cut flowers.  We smell of rose' and puppy breath.  And we totter when we walk.  

We wait for the day she unleashes us on Jax to destroy his greasy, sweaty hide.

I was taken back by the fact the other women sat there at the Bella party talking smack about Dorit (not LVP or Erika).  I thought that was pretty crass.  It was her night.  Her party.  Her honor.  Makes me wonder if Kyle's breakdown is more about LVP not putting the word in for Kyle for the Bella cover.  Kyle has two stores in NY.  

Kyle claims she wasn't drunk, she has just always been emotional and cries a lot.  Cry she does.  I would have gone with drunk.

This team play Kyle is engaging in is unbecoming.  She was insulting to LVP when she claimed, it was "two against one" and followed up with Dorit and LVP were teaming against her.

I found Kyle to be overly needy in the LVP must apologize department and I just don't see where LVP owes her squat.  LVP didn't owe her an apology for leaving early any more than Teddi owed an apology for throwing everyone out of her house and canceling the day's events.  

Teddi going back and forth between Kyle and LVP is interesting.  I think it takes balls for Teddi to even suggest LVP owes Kyle an apology.    How about Kyle apologizing for being an ass?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That's definitely an apt description.  

Wikipedia agrees with you...

I was in preschool/early elementary when he was in his peak, so even though I knew his career was impressive I didn't realize the extent.  Holy crap. 

I've seen him perform 4 times, best concerts I've ever been to. He's not just a singer, he's a show man, he was on stage 3 plus hours with no opening act and he was fantastic every time. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I have this condition "epiphora" which simply means my eyes produce tears when I'm not crying.  I'm told that my "drains" are clogged.  The cure is going to an opthalmic plastic surgeon and having my "drains" enlarged (aka CUT with a scalpel) so the tears can drain normally.  Procedure is done while the patient is conscious.  Just a couple of numbing eye drops, and then they'll ask me to help with moving my eye the proper direction. (YIKES!)

I've canceled two appointments -- I just keep thinking the cure is worse than the malady.  Although it IS frequently annoying I cannot bring myself to do it.  While I'm conscious.

HELL NO! I would buy myself some stylish vintage hankies and try to carry on!

Seriously, though--I hope you can find a solution somewhere between nothing and scalpel. Good luck in whatever way you go with it! 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

HELL NO! I would buy myself some stylish vintage hankies and try to carry on!

Seriously, though--I hope you can find a solution somewhere between nothing and scalpel. Good luck in whatever way you go with it! 

Gosh, thanks!  But I think I'll just continue to be a big chicken for the time being.

• Love 3

For all the criticism I give Dorit , listening to her on Andy Cohen, WWHL after show, she takes it very well. She answers questions well, even from viewers who are desperately trying to throw shade at her and she acquits herself well. So, it was time to give her some credit and then I will return to criticism . 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I was taken back by the fact the other women sat there at the Bella party talking smack about Dorit (not LVP or Erika).  I thought that was pretty crass.  It was her night.  Her party.  Her honor.  Makes me wonder if Kyle's breakdown is more about LVP not putting the word in for Kyle for the Bella cover.  Kyle has two stores in NY.  

Kyle claims she wasn't drunk, she has just always been emotional and cries a lot.  Cry she does.  I would have gone with drunk.

This team play Kyle is engaging in is unbecoming.  She was insulting to LVP when she claimed, it was "two against one" and followed up with Dorit and LVP were teaming against her.

I found Kyle to be overly needy in the LVP must apologize department and I just don't see where LVP owes her squat.  LVP didn't owe her an apology for leaving early any more than Teddi owed an apology for throwing everyone out of her house and canceling the day's events.  

Teddi going back and forth between Kyle and LVP is interesting.  I think it takes balls for Teddi to even suggest LVP owes Kyle an apology.    How about Kyle apologizing for being an ass?

Ironically, I think Teddi's approach is counter to the whole 'accountability' thing. I guess we'll find out more next week from her conversation with LVP but based on this week's episode, I saw Teddi's involvement as trying to get the two sides to speak to one another to avoid an issue escalating. Because Kyle was so emotional, Teddi looked to LVP to ease the situation since she was being more calm and measured. I don't remember the scene too well but I think I'm under the impression that Teddi may have unfairly prodded LVP to make the situation better but when LVP was trying, Teddi didn't give Kyle the same encouragement to receive LVP's efforts. I don't think Teddi has a reason to choose between Kyle and LVP other than her showing more consideration towards Kyle because of how dramatic her response was.

It may be premature to have an opinion yet since we have yet to see next week's conversation and the context that leads to Teddi's suggestion, but as it stands, I would agree that it's a bit audacious for Teddi to suggest an apology. Especially with the benefit of hindsight, I don't see how anyone could agree that Kyle's behaviour was reasonable. Given her history with her sisters and even the fragility of her friendship with LVP in the past, it may be more understandable why she's insecure, but it doesn't excuse it. As someone pointed out after rewatching the episode a second time, LVP said enough to suggest that she was not interested in addressing the Dorit situation on Dorit's big night. Kyle's own insecurities made her inconsiderate of the fact that LVP has a friendship with Dorit and that it was only fair to allow LVP the opportunity to address the situation in a way that was respectful to her relationship with Dorit. But again, this all goes back to Kyle feeling like LVP holds her to a higher standard when it comes to their friendship, but when I think back to it, Kyle isn't a victim of her friendship with LVP and based on what we see her telling Rinna next episode, it's a perfect example of how she significantly contributes to the fragility of that friendship.

The more I think about it, the more consistent LVP is with her friendship while it seems Kyle is the one with the double standards. Kyle feels that she isn't responsible for her sister or her friends and what they say so in her mind it's okay to sit at a table with other friends and listen to them talk shit about her friend that isn't there to defend herself. When LVP is on good terms with someone, how many times do you hear her sit silent when the group of women are talking shit about that person? Never. LVP often seems like she makes excuses for her friends when they do wrong but in front of others, she will either try to share her friend's perspective in their defense or speak to that person's character in their defense. Brandi, Kyle and others have said that despite what LVP may say in front of a group, if she disagrees with you, she'll tell you, just not when everyone else is trying to put you down. Of course, if you're not on LVP's good side, that's not a luxury afforded to you. Also, how many times has LVP been the loudest, most aggressive person in a group confrontation? She doesn't engage that way at all. Kyle called herself LVP's friend when she went around calling her manipulative, and saying that LVP has leverage on her in their friendship and therefore doesn't appreciate her.

Between Kyle's fractured relationships with her sister and seeing the double standards she applies to her friendship with LVP, I suspect that perhaps Kyle is aware of how they make her feel but lacks the self-awareness to see how her own actions come across hurtful to those she loves. Kyle has often positioned herself as the victim, and if it keeps happening, it's fair to ask the question of how reasonable that assessment is.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, dosodog said:

Then I started making connections to Dorit's Bella night and LVP'S Bella night.  It was a big moment for LVP and became less than when the ladies decided to rent a house, abandoning LVP and the plan to hang together for the weekend.  She was disappointed IIRC.

Perhaps LVP was remembering that "her night" wasn't "honored" by her friends and didn't want to do the same, mixed in with trying to figure out truth, from hot sauce to lies. 

I didn't think about this, but it does make a lot of sense. I think Kyle being intoxicated definitely made her more emotional and reactionary. If she could have just seen it from LVP's point of view, maybe she'd have waited to address the issue as well. 

• Love 7
On 2/20/2018 at 9:58 PM, Wicked said:

I hate Dorit.  I hate her so much.

LOATHE.  HER.  

On 2/21/2018 at 12:13 AM, missyb said:

Dorit on the red carpet " Can you imagine going through life if I didn't like the cover ?? What could be worse in life than that.

Drinking champs out of the wrong glass? She is so fucking ridiculous.  When that reporter asked her how it felt to be on the cover of "Bella" and she said it was everything, I lol'd. Everything? Really? And they chose you because they know you're a "designer." Okay. 

On 2/21/2018 at 12:57 AM, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

I can't be the only one that thinks Teddy sucks, right?

Probably not, but I like her.  This, of course, means that if she returns next season she'll likely suck. 

I've always gone back and forth on Kyle.  I generally begin each season liking her and end up not liking her by the end. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

membering that "her night" wasn't "honored" by her friends and didn't want to do the same, mixed in with trying to figure out truth, from hot sauce to lies. 

So she did, what in my opinion*,was a realistic and smart thing.  Don't

15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think they could have waited to talk to Dorit about it. But for real, I think Dorit is awful. I don't Vicki level dislike her but I'm working on the Yolanda level of dislike for her.

LVP has the right to process the information how she did, but Kyle had every right to be upset with LVP. LVP  does seem to have a double standard about her expectations of Kyle vs Dorit and, LVP does owe Kyle an apology. But - listen, these are 40/50 year old women acting like children. No one comes out smelling of roses, but ultimately it is Dorit who stirred the pot of shit. 

I'm liking Teddi far more than I thought I might. She seems very down to earth. We'll see. Lisa Rinna's giddiness at not being in the center of a controversy is cute. She's so likable when she isn't the pot stirrer. Dorit, even if she wasn't stirring the pot is not likable at all.

I'm over Erika and her schtick. 

5 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

LOATHE.  HER.  

Drinking champs out of the wrong glass? She is so fucking ridiculous.  When that reporter asked her how it felt to be on the cover of "Bella" and she said it was everything, I lol'd. Everything? Really? And they chose you because they know you're a "designer." Okay. 

Probably not, but I like her.  This, of course, means that if she returns next season she'll likely suck. 

I've always gone back and forth on Kyle.  I generally begin each season liking her and end up not liking her by the end. 

Me too. Like I'm already at Yolanda last season level of loathing.

Yup feel the same way about Kyle.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Because Kyle was so emotional, Teddi looked to LVP to ease the situation since she was being more calm and measured.

Yes, but I also think Teddi looked to LVP to step up because Teddi heard what Dorit had said (the nastiness of it validated to the degree even Erika admitted she'd be hurt if those things had been spoken about her) and yet LVP (in the context of those ugly words) was all but cosseting Dorit.  I think Teddi could see that LVP making that choice (for whatever reason) is what really turned Kyle into a Vesuvius of tears. 

After  ten years, Kyle should know that LVP hates a spontaneous outburst (and my god, those two women need a safe word  -- may I suggest "ponies"?)  but I think all Kyle wanted to hear was that her loyalty was seen and appreciated. Not "I love you" (and then down into LVP's cleavage she went, like a Welsh miner into the deep dark belly of the earth)  but "I love your loyalty." That would have shut it all down, imo, and left them wiggle room to handle it with more dignity.

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I do think they could have waited to talk to Dorit about it.

Maybe, but Dorit set that in motion with her own behaviour, imo.

She spoiled Teddi's sleepover (her shit-stirring led to the rest of the day being cancelled) and pissed all over PK's birthday party (by going after Teddi and Kyle) so  she can't justifiably complain that her Bella celebration turned into Karma making a housecall.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, princelina said:

I think so too!  Remember how many times she tried to get a Rinna Pill Story going?  But no one would bite :)

I DO!  I remember!  I knew she was shady AF back then.  I remember writing about it on here.  But most people were too busy hating Lisa R., Eileen, and Erika to pay her much attention.  

But now they see---now they ALL* see!! MMAHHHAHHAHHAH**

*By all, I mean most. Or at the very least, a lot more people than at this time last year.   

**wringing hands together like Mr. Burns as I say this, natch

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I DO!  I remember!  I knew she was shady AF back then.  I remember writing about it on here.  But most people were too busy hating Lisa R., Eileen, and Erika to pay her much attention.  

LOL -- take a moment, you earned it :)

stewart gif.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

LVP has the right to process the information how she did, but Kyle had every right to be upset with LVP. LVP  does seem to have a double standard about her expectations of Kyle vs Dorit and, LVP does owe Kyle an apology.

Why? When they were getting hair and makeup LVP even mentioned this was Dorit's night, LVP doesn't have to react to every situation the same way and Kyle doesn't get to dictate what her reaction should be. Its not like LVP agreed to address the issue that night and then left her hanging. Kyle instantly made herself the victim rather than just owning up that she was pissed that Dorit had sold her out to Erika.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

*By all, I mean most. Or at the very least, a lot more people than at this time last year.   

giphy.gif

A few of us were right there with you about the Koked Kemsleys from the jump.

How funny was Lisa Rinna when she tried to climb back onto the sofa without showing her lady bits?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I, definitely, think Dorit is purposely pushing Kyle's insecurity buttons when it comes to her friendship with LVP, and she is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. The thing is, I think all of her worries that LVP is going to pick Dorit to be her new bestie and ditch Kyle are unfounded.  I think LVP does adore Kyle and isn't going to let some idiot who can't even figure out which accent to speak with get in between them. 

• Love 10

The Bella Magazine party at The Rooftop Lounge

Did anyone notice the 2 guys who stood by the sofas behind LVP and Teddi - they had orange Spidey Man type masks and orange gloves - with suits covering them?

The camera crew also had a few shots of the "display" table - they honed in on a bucket - I'm trying to figure out what it was - it looked like poster tubes - a circular picture of Dorit stuck on top - I thought they were posters but they looked frozen like ice pops

• Love 4
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes, but I also think Teddi looked to LVP to step up because Teddi heard what Dorit had said (the nastiness of it validated to the degree even Erika admitted she'd be hurt if those things had been spoken about her) and yet LVP (in the context of those ugly words) was all but cosseting Dorit.  I think Teddi could see that LVP making that choice (for whatever reason) is what really turned Kyle into a Vesuvius of tears. 

After  ten years, Kyle should know that LVP hates a spontaneous outburst (and my god, those two women need a safe word  -- may I suggest "ponies"?)  but I think all Kyle wanted to hear was that her loyalty was seen and appreciated. Not "I love you" (and then down into LVP's cleavage she went, like a Welsh miner into the deep dark belly of the earth)  but "I love your loyalty." That would have shut it all down, imo, and left them wiggle room to handle it with more dignity.

I appreciate that Teddi was being mindful of what triggered Kyle's behaviour, but it's also unfair to put someone in a position to take responsibility or some kind of onus in making the situation better when everything escalated due to unreasonable behaviour. Choosing to get involved should mean that you're going to take the most measured and rational approach and given the circumstances, Teddi should have acknowledged both women, remind both of them that they love each other and ask that both of them go to bed, regroup and calm conversation tomorrow when they've both had some rest and are totally sober.

I don't think saying that her loyalty is appreciated would have been enough because I do think that Kyle would have corned LVP for not jumping in and defending her in her confrontation with Dorit (though there was nothing to defend because it was Kyle that was the aggressor, not Dorit). I don't think anything would have calmed Kyle down in that moment. Saying I love you is an all encompassing gesture and if reinforcing her love for Kyle wasn't enough in that moment, I don't think anything would have been. Obviously that's just my opinion but Kyle's behaviour was so erratic and twice now she's made the situation all about herself without any consideration from someone else's feelings so I'm not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that any words in that moment would have helped matters. The damage was done the moment LVP offered to go with Dorit so that she wasn't running off on her own after feeling ganged up on. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

LVP has the right to process the information how she did, but Kyle had every right to be upset with LVP. LVP  does seem to have a double standard about her expectations of Kyle vs Dorit and, LVP does owe Kyle an apology. 

I'm curious to know what the double standards are? I feel that Kyle is the one that expects certain things about of LVP but isn't at all aware of how Kyle doesn't provide the same level of 'loyalty' that she's asking out of LVP. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm curious to know what the double standards are? I feel that Kyle is the one that expects certain things about of LVP but isn't at all aware of how Kyle doesn't provide the same level of 'loyalty' that she's asking out of LVP. 

I, too, fail to get the "double standards" argument. Kyle at once wants to differentiate herself from Dorit by emphasizing that she has known Lisa for 10 years as opposed to 2 or 3, but then asserts that she expects Dorit to be treated the same in at least the degree to which Lisa is offended by ostensible betrayals. 

Firstly, why WOULD someone be as hurt and/or have as outsize a reaction to perceived injury from a second-degree friend/ally (because that's what Dorit is in terms of Lisa's relationship with PK) versus someone with whom one has shared a very significant life experience (the show from its inception), worked through mutual retaliation, and endured very intense roller coasters of emotion together? 

Secondly, Kyle has never treated her own intimates equally. There is a very clear disparity in how she has handled conflict and the day-to-day dynamic individually with Kim, Lisa, and Faye. She certainly has failed to "defend" Kim and Lisa to the extent that she has Faye on multiple occasions.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I saw those -- I thought they were sherbet push ups.

First I said frozen jello shots? How bizarre!

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought they were posters of Dorit’s magazine cover (to get autographed?). 

They looked like poster tubes but smaller. Ever see those flowers that are sold - one rose in a cheap plastic tube?

But I swear these were frozen.

• Love 2

My thought was Push-Ups, too. Trying to think of how that’s a metaphor for Dorit. Or a new tag line.

“People say I’m cold. But that’s not ice; it’s a Fred Flinstone push-up pop. Yabba Dabba Doo!”

”My cleavage—and my mouth, come to think of it—are just like a push-up pop. Push too much, and it all spills over”

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, ivygirl said:

My thought was Push-Ups, too. Trying to think of how that’s a metaphor for Dorit. Or a new tag line.

“People say I’m cold. But that’s not ice; it’s a Fred Flinstone push-up pop. Yabba Dabba Doo!”

”My cleavage is just like a push-up pop. Push too much, and it all spills over”

Say it with Dorit's Shittish accent

Poosh Uhps - loike mee boobs. and tha wud be Yubba BUBBA Doo

• Love 8

How funny was Lisa Rinna when she tried to climb back onto the sofa without showing her lady bits?

Very, and I loved LVP's "Da fuq?" face when she did:

Rinna-trying-to-come-back-from-rest-room

I like Drunk Rinna. So far, Rinna has been having a good season overall. She is so much more likeable than when she is trying to stir the pot, even when you factor in her annoying kids.

And I hope the previews from next week that she doesn't see the rift between Kyle and LVP as an opening for another "Let's try and take down LVP" story, because that shit has been done. To. Death.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Very, and I loved LVP's "Da fuq?" face when she did:

Rinna-trying-to-come-back-from-rest-room

I like Drunk Rinna. So far, Rinna has been having a good season overall. She is so much more likeable than when she is trying to stir the pot, even when you factor in her annoying kids.

And I hope the previews from next week that she doesn't see the rift between Kyle and LVP as an opening for another "Let's try and take down LVP" story, because that shit has been done. To. Death.

Lisa Rinna's kids don't bother me so much. Rinna's main issue in her stirring the pot mode is that she doesn't stand by what she says - she backpedals.

Wass going on? Wass happening? Watt you talkin bout? Had me cracking up

• Love 4
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Saying I love you is an all encompassing gesture and if reinforcing her love for Kyle wasn't enough in that moment, I don't think anything would have been.

I think LVP was using "I love you" to shut down an uncomfortable conversation/avoid getting into the nitty gritty of why Kyle was upset.

I think she does that kind of thing whenever Kyle gets messy-intimate and sobby  -- LVP tries to pull it back into a place that doesn't go to eleven - both for her own comfort zone on camera, but also, imo, because she seems gun-shy of explosive emotions (and not just because she's British, but perhaps because she's lived through seeing the worst that words can do). 

And saying "I love your loyalty" might not have worked, but it (or something along those lines) was worth a try, because it expresses something different than "I love you"; it says you've been seen, your actions acknowledged, and the reason for them understood and appreciated, even if the actions themselves aren't agreed with.  Instead, LisaV went into the man playbook   ("I love you" + physical touch = this will make it all better) and Kyle felt unheard/unseen instead of  loved. 

That's often the dynamic between them -- both ways -- I think it's because their relationship (to me) feels a lot like a retro sit-com marriage (at least in how it plays out on camera) and that works well when they're being wacky, but when it gets serious, it makes my toes curl. It's like some awkward pastiche of Russian drama and Bewitched -- all these genuine emotions are being felt, but the dynamic is so comical -- LVP turns into the harried husband with button down emotions ("It's how us British are-- but you know I love you, dahling!") and Mrs LVP, Kyle, is always So Hurt and So Jealous ("And I defended you and defended you and then YOU defended your SECRETARY!!") or LisaV is the Hopeless Hubby trying to express These Things Called Feelings, and Kyle is there to explain what a duffer Mr. LVP is in that department (leave it to the lady in this marriage to handle THAT sort of thing, thank you very much!) and it's often funny but also a little...sad? hollow? -- because they're both feeling things they consider deep and meaningful,  but in roles that are shallow in how they relate to each other, with no give or elasticity to really connect.  

I dunno - maybe they need couples counseling ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, film noire said:

I think LVP was using "I love you" to shut down an uncomfortable conversation/avoid getting into the nitty gritty of why Kyle was upset.

I think she does that kind of thing whenever Kyle gets messy-intimate and sobby  -- LVP tries to pull it back into a place that doesn't go to eleven - both for her own comfort zone on camera, but also, imo, because she seems gun-shy of explosive emotions (and not just because she's British, but perhaps because she's lived through seeing the worst that words can do). 

And saying "I love your loyalty" might not have worked, but it (or something along those lines) was worth a try, because it expresses something different than "I love you"; it says you've been seen, your actions acknowledged, and the reason for them understood and appreciated, even if the actions themselves aren't agreed with.  Instead, LisaV went into the man playbook   ("I love you" + physical touch = this will make it all better) and Kyle felt unheard/unseen, not loved. 

That's often the dynamic between them -- both ways -- I think it's because their relationship (to me) feels a lot like a retro sit-com marriage (at least in how it plays out on camera) and that works well when they're being wacky, but when it gets serious, it makes my toes curl. It's like some awkward pastiche of Russian drama and Bewitched -- all these genuine emotions are being felt, but the dynamic is so comical -- LVP turns into the harried husband with button down emotions ("It's how us British are-- but you know I love you, dahling!") and Mrs LVP, Kyle, is always So Hurt and So Jealous ("And I defended you and defended you and then YOU defended your SECRETARY!!") or LisaV is the Hopeless Hubby trying to express These Things Called Feelings, and Kyle is there to explain what a duffer Mr. LVP is in that department (leave it to the lady in this marriage to handle THAT sort of thing, thank you very much!) and it's often funny but also a little...sad? hollow? -- because they're both feeling things they consider deep and meaningful,  but in roles that are shallow in how they relate to each other, with no give or elasticity to really connect.  

I dunno - maybe they need couples counseling ; )

I don't think there was anything Lisa could say/do short of joining in with Kyle and yelling at Dorit to make Kyle happy. I also don't think Kyle really cared all that much about Lisa's feelings, as she pointed out that, Dorit talking about Lisa to/in front of the group was what would hurt Lisa but that was exactly what Kyle was doing herself. This was all about Dorit throwing Kyle under the bus with Erika and had nothing to do with Lisa, otherwise Kyle would have told Lisa about what Dorit said to her about Lisa after the first lunch when Lisa left but she didn't.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

A few of us were right there with you about the Koked Kemsleys from the jump.

Oh yeah. It was ironically when P.K. remarked on Erica's "lady bits" that he was dead to me. I do like Rinna too when she's not stirring the pot.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think there was anything Lisa could say/do short of joining in with Kyle and yelling at Dorit to make Kyle happy. I also don't think Kyle really cared all that much about Lisa's feelings, as she pointed out that, Dorit talking about Lisa to/in front of the group was what would hurt Lisa but that was exactly what Kyle was doing herself. This was all about Dorit throwing Kyle under the bus with Erika and had nothing to do with Lisa, otherwise Kyle would have told Lisa about what Dorit said to her about Lisa after the first lunch when Lisa left but she didn't.

Kyle's biggest problem is she out and out lied.  Dorit never said to the other women at the dinner the with Teddy, Erika, Camille and Rinna et al LVP was insecure and needy.  That is what Kyle said to Camille and Teddi.  So let's put the blame where the blame lies-Kyle said that about her good friend LVP and tagged Dorit with it.  Next up Dorit when she told the story about Erika -she clearly said Kyle was outspoken and Teddi interrupted to run with weird commentary again.  So maybe Kyle should check her sources and her own mouth.  Next both LVP and Erika asked Kyle to stop talking about what had been said, so as a friend, Kyle thinks it is okay to ignore her friends' feelings and expressed wishes because her feelings or how they should feel are much more important.  LVP, because it was Dorit's night and Erika because she had clearly stated she had enough and was over it.  BTW Kyle seemed to want to let Erika know she wasn't the only one talking about Erika, but of course they really had nothing bad to say about Erika and Dorit made a bigger deal of it.  Can't have it both ways-you can't say didn't say anything bad AND I wasn't the only one.  There is exactly zero evidence of anyone that night saying they just missed Erika and all the fun she was missing out on.  Another Kyle, Camille lie. 

Next up-Dorit never used the word connection-so Teddi needs to realize she isn't all that accountable.  Dorit's comments were pretty simple LVP told her that when Dorit is around others LVP feels a bit ignored-and Dorit told LVP she said that and LVP agreed.  Dorit also said LVP told her she talks too much.  The last thing she said is LVP  gets jealous. So Kyle, who never stopped Dorit or disagreed with her night at dinner when LVP left, I believe Kyle's explanation is they were mad, takes no responsibility for being part of the conversation.  Again she just tags Dorit with the negative comments.  Kyle has already made the comments to LVP that she is jealous or jelly of the Kyle/Dorit situation.  IIRC Kyle said, Dorit loved Kyle more than LVP.

I don't think LVP was going to lie to Erika about what was said after she left, so she nodded in agreement "they all talked about it".  On the way home Kyle and LVP both once again said what Erika did was weird.  Dorit looked like she was in a straight jacket.  

I will never understand, how Kyle could not see how her level of emotion, more correctly rage towards Dorit was just too much for most anyone to sign on.  LVP had Rinna chirping in her ear and Kyle was so zoned in on Dorit.  I don't know what Kyle expected Dorit to say.  After saying she, the great Kyle would never, ever repeat anything Dorit would say she seems to have forgotten the conversation she had with LVP three hours earlier. Oh and the conversation at the Beach House where Kyle insulted LVP by saying, "maybe it wasn't all about you."  

I cannot at this point imagine what LVP has to appreciate about Kyle.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Kyle takes way more shots at Lisa, in person and in THs, that Lisa ever does to her. (This is pure mathematics, not opinion.)  How she's been getting away as the "wronged party" in that relationship for so long is really something. She's really good at it. Paul McCartney level.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Jel said:

I like Dorit.  

I liked her last season, but I think she's a bit too messy this season. However, I certainly don't hate her like some here do. And for the most part, I never feel like she's messy just for the sake of being messy like Rinna.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, film noire said:

She spoiled Teddi's sleepover (her shit-stirring led to the rest of the day being cancelled) and pissed all over PK's birthday party (by going after Teddi and Kyle) so  she can't justifiably complain that her Bella celebration turned into Karma making a housecall.

That is a good point. Dorit can start shit at her own husband's birthday party, so why does everyone else have to wait for the right time and place? 

That being said, I try to live by the motto "It's not about what people deserve, but about who YOU are". I think I'd probably try to hold off and let that hag have her night, even if I didn't think she deserved it. Because I wouldn't want to lower myself to her level. (But, of course, if I'd have several cocktails, that might not have been how it turned out!)

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That is a good point. Dorit can start shit at her own husband's birthday party, so why does everyone else have to wait for the right time and place? 

That being said, I try to live by the motto "It's not about what people deserve, but about who YOU are". I think I'd probably try to hold off and let that hag have her night, even if I didn't think she deserved it. Because I wouldn't want to lower myself to her level. (But, of course, if I'd have several cocktails, that might not have been how it turned out!)

Absolutely, the high road is always a better choice (especially on Housewives, where cocktails are served in the gutter :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6