Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Big Apple Bites

• Start Topic

In this case I do believe it was quoted accurately. Plus, I do remember her saying that.

This was nothing more than the author, Miss Red, making a joke and nothing more. 

Actually. it was Ronnie K who recapped that episode, not Miss Red.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, BBHN said:

In this case I do believe it was quoted accurately. Plus, I do remember her saying that.

LVP said it in her TH shot. The TH Shot was she knew his first wife, Loretta and considers Dorit an upgrade. The TH shot aired when Dorit/PK first meets Kyle/Mauricio/LVP/Ken at an outdoor lunch. It was allegedly Dorit's first time meeting Kyle & Mauricio

LVP always takes the side of the "male" in a couple.

She did it with PK and Mohammed.

If Mohammed dumps his latest Shiva and has a new fiance, she'll do the same.

• Love 7

I would take Mohammed's side over Yolanda......

I know little to nothing about Mohammed. 

Pffft.  I'm on David Foster's side because.  Yolanda.

And I haven't even seen every season Yolanda was in.  I'm still taking anyone's side, but Yolanda. 

Even Rinner.  I would take her side over Yolanda.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

She said it at either Erika or Dorit's birthday party last season.

Sorry, my bad, she said it in the first episode of season 7. From the Trashtalktv recap:

I know it was mentioned on the thread.

It was totally unnecessary on LVP's part to mention such a thing. Loretta was never going to be on the show.

This little tidbit was buried under Dorit's multiple accents and her mentioning Boy George every sentence

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

LVP said it in her TH shot. The TH Shot was she knew his first wife, Loretta and considers Dorit an upgrade. The TH shot aired when Dorit/PK first meets Kyle/Mauricio/LVP/Ken at an outdoor lunch. It was allegedly Dorit's first time meeting Kyle & Mauricio

She did it with PK and Mohammed.

If Mohammed dumps his latest Shiva and has a new fiance, she'll do the same.

As opposed to taking the side of women with whom she is friendly but not substantive friends/with whom she has relationships only because of her pre-existing history with their husbands? 

Has she ever conveyed that she has any connection with Shiva independent of Mohammed? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Trash Talk is a funny recap but they don't quote the HWs accurately as Lisa never said that Dorit was an "upgrade" at any time. This was nothing more than the author, Miss Red, making a joke and nothing more. 

I don't read Trash Talk or any of the recaps, and I, distinctly, remember LVP making that remark. It was on the show.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't read Trash Talk or any of the recaps, and I, distinctly, remember LVP making that remark. It was on the show.

She did - in her TH shot which aired during the first time meet with Kyle/Mauricio. Ken and LVP were there as well.

LVP said something along the lines of I knew PK's first wife, Loretta and Dorit is an upgrade - incredibly bitchy comment from LVP

• Love 3
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

She did - in her TH shot which aired during the first time meet with Kyle/Mauricio. Ken and LVP were there as well.

LVP said something along the lines of I knew PK's first wife, Loretta and Dorit is an upgrade - incredibly bitchy comment from LVP

Sorry, not sorry, we're talking Pee-Kaaaay, so any offense, real or imagined, is most likely well earned.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

I don't know what anybody would read in Erika's book that we don't already know about her. She's so guarded that I can't imagine her revealing anything particularly borderline scandalous or remotely eyebrow-raising.  For starters, I think that she's under subtle pressure to keep it at least R-rated (I'm thinking more for "strong language") as to not to embarrass Mr. Girardi. (Not that she hasn't pushed that to the max already...) Secondly, I just don't think her story seems very unique or interesting. I am sorry that she had a less than perfect childhood but so have millions of other kids and the rags-to-riches trophy wife to sugar daddy story has been retold/relived repeatedly. As well as the struggling dancer/actress theme ... especially in L.A./BH. Unless ... there is some bombshell that will come out after publication ... that can be used as a weapon to propel Erika to a front-burner storyline next season. I can't think of anything. I and I highly doubt that.

If I can obtain the book for dirt-cheap for Kindle after it has been out for a while (and sales reflect it) I'll bite. Hell, I read Ramona Singer's book for grins.

Teddi was definitely trying to demonstrate/validate her skills as an accountability coach in trying to broker a resolution between Kyle and LVP.  I believe that her intentions were in the right place but she's just too green with this group to intuitively know that her approach wasn't going to work. I like Teddi OK. I see her as a less glam Eileen, kinda there and a bit uptight. Eileen would have thrown a hissy-fit if Dorit had left her waiting alone in a bar for nearly an hour. However, Elieen wouldn't be the one to let it drop. Right now, Teddi's carefully-crafted "chillness" is dull but a needed undercurrent to all of the histrionics dished up by Dorit and Kyle. I see her as a "one and done," for this season. She's not a good fit and to me, she clearly looks like she's not enjoying herself one bit.

Kyle was just drunk and being stupid. I'm no fan of Dorit but agree that Kyle's timing was poor. Let the narcissistic hag have her night and hit her in the morning when she's coming down from the high (leave that to your own interpretation.)

I'd love a NYC vs. BH cross-over episode. Drunk Dorinda and Dorit would be comedy gold. I also love to see Luann and Erika try to interact.

Note to the poster who is contemplating eye surgery: My sister had overly watery eyes and had the little tubes inserted. The procedure wasn't really that bad. Done locally and in a short period of time. The problem was that they really didn't help the condition, so it ended up being a wasted effort.

Oh halelujah Grisgris -- thank you!  Another reason not to do it.

Actually, they (more than one doc) already told me it takes just barely the shortest teeniest time to tolerate this tool cutting things in your eye socket.  They all say it's a very easy procedure to have done, but when I asked, not one of them said they ever had it done.  Just like I figured.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3

LVP was at Mohamed's New Year's Eve Party when she and David became engaged.  LVP did Yolanda on the show -so I do n;t see how she picked a side until Yolanda decided she hated LVP after the Palm Springs trip, when Brandi got drunk and LVP tried to stop her, and LVP's last straw with Brandi when she was drunk and had her ass handed to her on a platter by Joyce and Michael.  Yolanda went full on anti-LVP.  So until that time LVP was always gracious to scrambled brain Yolanda.

LVP clearly expressed a preference for Dorit over PK's wife-who she never even mentioned by name.   

LVP sided with Taylor over Russell and Camille over Kelsey so I am not getting the LVP ALWAYS sides with the men.

1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Unpopular opinion: I actually liked Erika's Gucci ensemble. It was like a throwback to early '90s Chanel. And much more appropriate contextually for her than the Shark Tanker. 

I liked it as well, very classic and the fit was exquisite.  The ones with the bad outfits that night were RInna-she looked like she forgot her pants and Teddi with a way-too short skirt.  Major beaver shot when Teddi plopped down on the couch with Kyle and LVP.  I know she doesn't care and there is such a thing as learning (especially after a prior alert) to learn to sit or provide cover.

I was disappointed Dorit didn't stick with the dress she selected at home but what she wore was  an okay ensemble.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

I'll take your word that she said it but I honestly don't remember her saying it. That said, maybe Lisa was referring to physical looks and not personality when she said it. It wasn't nice either way but she really didn't know Dorit very long to know if she was a step up personality wise. Live and Learn! LOL

• Love 5

I appreciate Dorit trying to pull this off, but a fashion model she is not. Those high fashion shots have a world famous photographer for a reason. Dorit-- no more candid spontaneiously taken photos in ridiculous poses with ridiculous clothes and random facial expression. Oh gosh, but she tried. She gave it her all. Seized the moment. 

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

• Love 7

I'll take your word that she said it but I honestly don't remember her saying it.

Don't just take my word for it, there is also the word of 2 other people on here plus someone who recapped the episode. LOL

That said, maybe Lisa was referring to physical looks and not personality when she said it. It wasn't nice either way but she really didn't know Dorit very long to know if she was a step up personality wise. Live and Learn! LOL

I think she was referring to Dorit overall in her assessment. It wasn't nice, for sure. But Dorit had been with PK in Beverly Hills for a couple of years by that point, so I'm guessing LVP had known her long enough to make her assessment! LOL

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t mind if someone I’m close to calls me from the porcelain throne, but NOT if it were going to be on TV!! 

When I facetime my mom, she will take me with her to the bathroom when she has to go.  LOL.  Woman is 72.  I'm not changing her.  

5 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Oh halelujah Grisgris -- thank you!  Another reason not to do it.

Actually, they (more than one doc) already told me it takes just barely the shortest teeniest time to tolerate this tool cutting things in your eye socket.  They all say it's a very easy procedure to have done, but when I asked, not one of them said they ever had it done.  Just like I figured.

If it helps, my SIL had to have it done and it was a success for her. 

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I appreciate Dorit trying to pull this off, but a fashion model she is not. Those high fashion shots have a world famous photographer for a reason. Dorit-- no more candid spontaneiously taken photos in ridiculous poses with ridiculous clothes and random facial expression. Oh gosh, but she tried. She gave it her all. Seized the moment. 

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

That outfit, pose, and facial expression are awful.  She looks like she got caught mid-poo and those shoes...  1970's called and they want their platforms back.  

• Love 10
On 2/24/2018 at 8:11 PM, grisgris said:

Does Erika really think anyone would actually pay money for a book about her?! 

I can think of 2 people that post on this board that would.

I think there are certainly a few who'd eagerly lap up any book Dorit might write.

"It's not about what people deserve, but about who YOU are."

DING! DING! DING! I believe we have a new tagline for next season.

Can you imagine how many words would be in a book by Dorit?  There'd definitely be at least 1000 pages of bullshit.

16 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

That would be thanks to Human League, n'est ce pas?

I love you.

• Love 2

That outfit, pose, and facial expression are awful.  She looks like she got caught mid-poo and those shoes...  1970's called and they want their platforms back.  

Not all dee-soyners make good models...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

What the hell is up with the ridiculous facial expressions in the posing these days??? Do these women practice these poses in their bathroom mirror? I DON"T appreciate Dorit trying to pull this off, but the rest of your post I completely agree with...

Dorit's book is next on tap. "Yes, I was born in Connecticut, but I always felt out of place and like no one could really appreciate my sense of style and sophistication growing up in the U.S. So when I met P.K. I really found myself and my true identity....."

Edited by BluBrd47
Grammer.
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Major beaver shot when Teddi plopped down on the couch with Kyle and LVP.  

Didn’t Kyle style Teddi for the NYC trip? Cryle is the LAST hw I would ever allow to dress me she has no clue. Kyle styles what she is told is on trend no matter how it looks or feels on someone she’s so tone deaf. Dorit’s shit on a stick style is equally bad but at least she doesn’t sell it to ppl beyond her alleged swimwear line. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Didn’t Kyle style Teddi for the NYC trip? Cryle is the LAST hw I would ever allow to dress me she has no clue. Kyle styles what she is told is on trend no matter how it looks or feels on someone she’s so tone deaf. Dorit’s shit on a stick style is equally bad but at least she doesn’t sell it to ppl beyond her alleged swimwear line. 

To be fair, Teddi is really into the Daisy Duke look. Remember her Vegas outfit which was a camisole/tap pants set?

I'll give Kyle credit in the sense that she probably selected a bunch of outfits for Teddi to try on and Teddi went with the bottoms that were shortest in length.

Even if the outfits were trendy and current - Teddi could pull off the looks better than Kyle.

Teddi can be the next HW to come out with a Rock Of Love clothing line

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

The shoes are hideous and if that is the reason Dorit chose to pick this look she needs her style checked.  The expression in her face makes it look as if she is terrified of flying.  She might want to rethink the backdrop before posing. 

• Love 6

Dorit/Lisa Union Square Park scene

Dorit said something about LVP not getting enough love and attention when she was a child, to which LVP seemed to get a pissed off.

I wonder how LVP feels now that she has seen all of the scenes where she is talked about in a not so nice way:

Dorit/Kyle - when LVP left Palihouse

Dorit/Kyle - when they are in the car together going to Teddi's beach house

Dorit - to all of the other ladies at dinner at the Irvington

Are LVP's parents still alive? I don't recall her ever saying we went to England to visit my parents or brother, nor do I ever remember any of them in scenes with LVP on the show - even on a phone call.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I'll take your word that she said it but I honestly don't remember her saying it. That said, maybe Lisa was referring to physical looks and not personality when she said it. It wasn't nice either way but she really didn't know Dorit very long to know if she was a step up personality wise. Live and Learn! LOL

I don't have a problem with LVP expressing her opinion about someone-especially someone we have never seen.  She did the same about Russell and later mentioned her opinion was influenced by accounts Taylor had given her about Russell prior to ever meeting him.  LVP has every right to express herself and doesn't owe either sex blind loyalty.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorit/Lisa Union Square Park scene

Dorit said something about LVP not getting enough love and attention when she was a child, to which LVP seemed to get a pissed off.

I wonder how LVP feels now that she has seen all of the scenes where she is talked about in a not so nice way:

Dorit/Kyle - when LVP left Palihouse

Dorit/Kyle - when they are in the car together going to Teddi's beach house

Dorit - to all of the other ladies at dinner at the Irvington

Are LVP's parents still alive? I don't recall her ever saying we went to England to visit my parents or brother, nor do I ever remember any of them in scenes with LVP on the show - even on a phone call.

Well LVP has made the comments on air more than once about her growing up and her parents not being affectionate and it changed the way she raised her children.

Kyle can be mad at LVP and say unflattering things but Dorit in the same situation cannot?  Kyle pretty much said to LVP 's face what they were expressing on camera that perhaps LVP left because it was not all about her.    

Dorit was asked to retell the events of the previous week.  LVP admitted to saying the first two of the big three reveal.  I get this franchise tries very hard to not make enemies or be the villain-but is it all that awful for one of these women to accuse another of being jealous?  ( Rhetorical question.)  I mean it is not as if she called LVP manipulative, calculated or accused her of being disloyal.  Kyle is the one that perpetrated the "insecure and needy" comments.  Which were never said by Dorit at the Irvington dinner (if at all).  Since Kyle wasn't there and neither Camille or Teddi told Kyle such a thing-Kyle is doing exactly what she is accusing Dorit of doing-twisting things to be worse than they were.

Since Kyle, LVP and Dorit have all claimed their friendship post filming with each other I don't think LVP is going to be as angry with Dorit as say Rinna when she  Rinna encouraging Kyle to beg for LVP to appreciate her.  

LVP's parents are still alive and well.  Recently LVP and her brother had a dust-up in a NYC restaurant.  According to this article Mark Vanderpump, LVP's brother has his own scandal.  https://www.inquisitr.com/4732415/vanderpump-rules-star-lisa-vanderpump-and-family-have-loud-spat-at-nyc-restaurant/ 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

Dorit angled her face down so that the camera wouldn't catch the white flecks in her nostrils.

When my niece was little, we used to laugh because all of the people she drew were shaped like Christmas trees. Really wide at the bottom with a Beetlejuice head. We realized what the issue was when she was given a camera a a birthday present when she was 3. Her pictures turned out the same way - because she was so tiny and she'd be taking the picture from below looking up.

This picture of Dorit reminds me of those photos. Dorit is not tall but the way the photo was taken - her legs are disproportionate to her body. The awkward folds and wrinkles don't do the deesoyner ahnee fay vors eee thah

• Love 4

So LVP thinks Dorit is an upgrade for PK, BFD.

That is simply not true - she sides with the females on Vanderpump Rules all the time. (Though, maybe you have a different definition for what a male is, since you put the word in quotations for some reason.)

LOL at "Kryle".

• Love 5
13 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

Did Dorit borrow her look from LVP? Dorit was in spahed whun she saww Van dah pump rools

Pump-rules-pinky-and-james.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

It does make you wonder how ratchet the first Mrs. PK was.

It makes you wonder what PK has over the Vanderpump Todds.

According to Dorit, they've (LVP & Ken) have been friends with PK for decades (20+ years)

• Love 2
On 2/25/2018 at 12:29 PM, walnutqueen said:

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you out, I shook you up
And turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too.

I started singing this to myself sometime this season when thinking of E & T and wish I would've posted it!!! 

• Love 4

I would be done with Kyle after that. Completely and totally done. Kyle participates in shit talking, freaks out when she’s called on it, and deflects all the fuck over the place. Nothing is ever Princess Kyle’s fault and everyone is always out to get her. She is a deeply troubled woman and if she had pulled that bullshit on me I would stay far, far away. A middle aged woman acting like a god damn middle schooler with loyalty tests. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Well, except for all the real housewives. They all seem to have time, but come on! That was ridiculous! Go cry in the rain if you want to Kyle, I would not chase after you.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

DSC_5370-1170x1702.jpg

I can just picture her breaking both her ankles when she tries to step down from the chair. 

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, KSerenaK said:

Just on the "wearing sunglasses indoors" = asshole thing...

I suffer from chronic migraines and have significant light sensitivity that really increases my pain level. I frequently need to wear sunglasses indoors. If I'm with people, I briefly let them know why (i.e it's not because I'm an asshole.)

As someone else noted, Erika said she had them on because she has "terrible allergies".

Oh, and Dorit is full of shit.

If this was true, why doesn't she wear sunglasses at the other housewives homes or in restaurants or in any other outdoor places? Because it's BS.

10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The shoes are hideous and if that is the reason Dorit chose to pick this look she needs her style checked.  The expression in her face makes it look as if she is terrified of flying.  She might want to rethink the backdrop before posing. 

Laughing so hard right now!

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

The snaffle bit buckle leads me to think that they are Gucci. 

Good call!

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Vegas-Horsebit-Platform-Loafer/prod197611612/p.prod?ecid=NMCS__GooglePLA&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=NMCS__GooglePLA&utm_campaign=Gucci

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sol y luna said:

If this was true, why doesn't she wear sunglasses at the other housewives homes or in restaurants or in any other outdoor places? Because it's BS.

Because the pollen count was different in NY than it was in BH?  That doesn't explain why she's not wearing them in other scenes in NY, but maybe she stopped and got some Allegra after her book meeting.  I'm one that has allergy problems when I travel, especially to green places, so I have a whole slew of pills I take with me just in case.

6 hours ago, sol y luna said:
On 2/25/2018 at 12:40 AM, KSerenaK said:

Maybe her eyes were puffy from alcohol the night before? Maybe Mikey was not feeling well and couldn’t do her eye makeup? Maybe she thought it made her look cool. Who knows with her. 

• Love 1