Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: All Stars Snatch Game

• Start Topic

I dont know if it was my stream going down in some parts or me not knowing half of the characters, but was this one of the worst Snatch Games ever?.. IMO, only Shangela and Ben kinda saved it but even them played characters that we saw the same type from them before, specially Shangela.

Didnt felt this episode and my worries showed to be true: Trixie returned and became that disappointed queen from season 7.. From someone that is a comedy character, one of the last thing you want is to having people feeling sorry for you and disappointed aswell with your performances. She better do a 180º because now its not more a case of be in the middle reaching to the top, is a case of falling hard and needing some major rise to the top.

Unless things changes drastically, please give Ben the tittle because shes the one rising above every week. And thank god the queens finally put Chi Chi out of her misery. What a waste of spot.

BTW: Best performance of the night goes to Shangela pretending she was about to eliminate Trixie. The speech, everything, very convincing.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

That was probably the worst Snatch Game ever.  I don't know how Ru picked a top two...only Paul Lynde was really funny!

**ETA: What was the point of having Marc Jacobs there?

If Chi Chi was also there so.... At least Marc Jacobs was there because of his name..

I think/hope, if we have a All Stars Season 4, queens and casting think better before choose to return to the show.. And if it is to return, is to be preparared to deliver, not to be fooled thinking because you got people/a boost after your season, that it will be piece of cake returning. Like on queen said in the talking head week one I think (I guess Trixie? @_@) what you are outside of the show means nothing if you can´t delivery when you are up there.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 1

I want to like Bendela, but she's almost assaulting the person going up against her in the lip sync! What's up with that? She follows them around, getting all in their space, then reacts, some would say appropriately, but I would have to push the b!tch away! Her confidence is going thru the roof it seems! It probably and should be between Ben and Shangela I guess to win it all! ;-)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

**ETA: What was the point of having Marc Jacobs there?

Y'all ain't worth my tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Trixie's RuPaul was a little like eating foods from the Levant. Depending on where you're from, the ingredients are close enough to feel familiar, but off enough (including spices) to be unsettling.

Shangela's Jennifer Lewis was good, but Ben De La Creme's Paul Lynde was better. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

Wow @ Thorgy still causing drama when shes been off the show for 2 whole episodes. LOL!!!!!!

That Snatch Game was awful. It is really hard to impersonate someone, it takes practice and a familiarity with the character you are trying to mock. Aside from the look, the queens didn't seem to put a whole lot of effort into embodying the character. Which is sad. 

Why in the world would Chi Chi pick Maya (or Mya) Angelou to do Snatch Game with? It literally makes no sense and was incredibly disappointing. 

I think Trixie has been riding the wave of her fame and attention outside of the show with that tired RuPaul impersonation and she got her ass humbled which was super embarrassing. Wow. 

I know Bebe is one note and basically does the same thing all the time but I really just love her, LOL. 

Bendela is really getting her redemption, my lord. I see it being a showdown between her and Shangie.

• Love 9

Shangela is just so on all the time that I still can't quite get with her - the never-ending supply of strained Game of Thrones metaphors, how she seemed more Shangela than Jennifer Lewis and any other character she ever does - but I died laughing at some of her talking heads tonight, especially her blaming the internet for Trixie thinking her RuPaul is the shit thing. I did think her drawn-out "I'm alluding to Trixie here, do you get it, do ya???" speech was a little annoying. She's a self-producer, basically, and those are never my faves.

Man, poor Trixie. I'm thinking she doesn't have much of a chance of turning this around because the call is coming from so deep inside the house. I've noticed it all season, from her workroom intro banter to even the Bitchelor -- she's pushing too hard, clearly having rehearsed certain sound bites and punch lines in her head, throwing them all at the wall and only some land. I mean, you can even sense it in her stuff with Katya; you can sense her pushing, and interrupting her more effortless partner to try and get a bit more in. She has the natural charm and self-deprecation that it's not nearly as irritating as someone like Eureka (who especially in the first couple episodes of S9 was exhausting with how hard she was trying to be funny), but I'm not sure she's going to be capable of suddenly gaining the confidence to just relax and trust in her natural wit. It's probably an insecurity a lifetime in the making and won't be overcome in a few days, which sucks because I do love her.

That Snatch Game was such a flatline, so disappointing. Bebe I think almost did better than Shangela, but both performances were basically just passable. And I didn't even like Dela's! It was alright, but held up against the winners of basically any other season's Snatch Game it would have probably been the weakest winning performance. 

Sad to see ChiChi go, but I'm glad they didn't drag her through like Roxxxy. I think her strength was LSFYLs, and of course that's an absolute non-factor here.

Oh -- I watched the last ten minutes of last week's before this one started, and Kennedy's lip sync made me cry. It did last week, too. Granted I well up pretty easily, but she really did take us to church...I think she's who I'm rooting for. I'm fine with Dela winning, too, but it won't be at all suspenseful, and it's all feeling very template-y at this point. Same silhouette, same hair, same comical elderly characters. She does it well, but the Hall of Fame is kinda lacking in excitement already? Chad and Alaska were both also clear winners from the jump, and had an ultra-polished almost sanitized veneer (Alaska's full-on tantrum meltdown aside). I'd like this season to feel a little more up for grabs, and I think Kennedy and Shangela are her biggest competition...and I'm not ready to root for Shangie yet.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Shangela is just so on all the time that I still can't quite get with her - the never-ending supply of strained Game of Thrones metaphors, how she seemed more Shangela than Jennifer Lewis and any other character she ever does - but I died laughing at some of her talking heads tonight, especially her blaming the internet for Trixie thinking her RuPaul is the shit thing. I did think her drawn-out "I'm alluding to Trixie here, do you get it, do ya???" speech was a little annoying. She's a self-producer, basically, and those are never my faves.

Man, poor Trixie. I'm thinking she doesn't have much of a chance of turning this around because the call is coming from so deep inside the house. I've noticed it all season, from her workroom intro banter to even the Bitchelor -- she's pushing too hard, clearly having rehearsed certain sound bites and punch lines in her head, throwing them all at the wall and only some land. I mean, you can even sense it in her stuff with Katya; you can sense her pushing, and interrupting her more effortless partner to try and get a bit more in. She has the natural charm and self-deprecation that it's not nearly as irritating as someone like Eureka (who especially in the first couple episodes of S9 was exhausting with how hard she was trying to be funny), but I'm not sure she's going to be capable of suddenly gaining the confidence to just relax and trust in her natural wit. It's probably an insecurity a lifetime in the making and won't be overcome in a few days, which sucks because I do love her.

That Snatch Game was such a flatline, so disappointing. Bebe I think almost did better than Shangela, but both performances were basically just passable. And I didn't even like Dela's! It was alright, but held up against the winners of basically any other season's Snatch Game it would have probably been the weakest winning performance. 

Sad to see ChiChi go, but I'm glad they didn't drag her through like Roxxxy. I think her strength was LSFYLs, and of course that's an absolute non-factor here.

Oh -- I watched the last ten minutes of last week's before this one started, and Kennedy's lip sync made me cry. It did last week, too. Granted I well up pretty easily, but she really did take us to church...I think she's who I'm rooting for. I'm fine with Dela winning, too, but it won't be at all suspenseful, and it's all feeling very template-y at this point. Same silhouette, same hair, same comical elderly characters. She does it well, but the Hall of Fame is kinda lacking in excitement already? Chad and Alaska were both also clear winners from the jump, and had an ultra-polished almost sanitized veneer (Alaska's full-on tantrum meltdown aside). I'd like this season to feel a little more up for grabs, and I think Kennedy and Shangela are her biggest competition...and I'm not ready to root for Shangie yet.

I'm glad you didn't forget that "crack up" of Alaska's! It was shocking to see and I'll never forget it! Her who overconfident persona cracked that moment and I thought maybe she was thru! ;-)

Oh lord. Shangela really did play Trixie tonight, didn't she? I didn't mind it TBH. I like Trixie more than I used to, but I have never really connected with her style of detached humor. Girl seems to be going through the ringer on AS3 though. I hope she can snap out of it.

• Love 2

Lord, that snatch game was dreadful. I don't like it when a queen dresses up as a man for snatch game. Ben was the funniest one, though.

When they first showed Chenoweth I though holy shit, someone did a great job impersonating her. Then I realized it was actually her. Duh, me.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Oh lord. Shangela really did play Trixie tonight, didn't she? I didn't mind it TBH. I like Trixie more than I used to, but I have never really connected with her style of detached humor. Girl seems to be going through the ringer on AS3 though. I hope she can snap out of it.

I'm still trying to figure out why Trixie decided to tape Thorgy's message to Shangela out for everyone to see like that? Trixie's lucky to have survived, but Ben wanted Chi Chi gone as well! ;-)

• Love 2

That Snatch Game was sad.

Trixie. Gurl. How can you be less funny than RuPaul himself?  She played RuPaul as if she has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Shangie is my girl. I love the GoT references and I about choked when she started throwing mints at Bendela.  This is firmly between Ben and Shangela for the crown.

Did Chi Chi ever see Maya Angelou? Heard her? Why?!?

Just sad.

• Love 9

The funniest Ru impression I have seen is Bianca's.

"I am talking ... Like ... This ... Because there is a producer ... Saying .... Something ... In ... My ... Ear."

I love Chi Chi, but she really needed more time to cook.

Trixie reminds me of so many girls who say that being a good drag queen is very different than being a good RuPaul's Drag Race contestant.

• Love 2

I had thought going into this season of All Stars that they were just going to hand it to Trixie like they did Alaska. I was clearly wrong. Tonight was hard to watch.

Willam spilled some tea somewhere about a queen having a nervous breakdown during AS3 filming because they were also working on their other projects while filming AS3. Everyone is pretty sure he was talking about Trixie, filming the Viceland show or UHHnnn. I hope this show doesn't hurt any of the participant's careers, even Milk's.

If it wasn't for Shangela appearing to be about to send Trixie home I think we'd be talking more about Aja, who did a fabulous Crystal Labeija. I was happy to see someone acknowledge the roots of Drag Race, too. 

• Love 5

I definitely think that Bendela won that lipsync solo, and I was really miffed the moment they called Shangela's name first--they did perform well together towards the end, but Shangela fell flat at moments.  However, the suspense was incredibly juicy when we all thought Shangela was sending Trixie home.  And I say that even though I probably wouldn't notice if Trixie did go home, since she's been so middling and I don't see her as a contender for this crown.  Trixie doesn't even need it, she has a great show with Katya and her career is in a good place; it's like Adore in AS2. For the crown it's Bendela vs. Shangela, who were both absolutely hilarious in the snatch game and then drop dead gorgeous in their flower drag.  

You would think on all stars there would be more standout performances, but kennedy fell as flat as her glue-on dress, and chi chi and trixie were terrible.  Bebe was unremarkable, she's very polished but not that complex.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 1

I don't know what Shangela was saving that breath mint tin for, but her throwing them at Ben while backing away was *hilarious*. Is Ben going to chase Shangie down and box her out from being able to dance every time they lip sync against each other? I am, ofc, not a lip sync etiquette expert, but I would think after initiating one interaction you would back off and let the other queen decide if she wants to continue camping it up together or do her own thing. 

Trixie's RuPaul on Unnnnnnh (sp) was never that good, I don't know who was gassing her up about it enough that she decided to do it for Snatch Game. Doing an homage to someone in front of them is always going to screw you up, she should never have touched it unless she had been doing RuPaul for years. You better be Chad-level good if you even want to touch the hem of Ru's flare pants.

We are getting none of Ben's inner monologue and all of Shangela's take on Drageryes Tuckgareon, it feels super imbalanced. Is Ben smart enough to basically have nothing interesting to say in talking heads, or are they editing her to be the sweet whimsical queen from Portland vs Shangela's evil showgirl? Her fluttering her eyelashes while invalidating Shangela and Kennedy's irritation at Trixie taping up Thorgy's note was soooooooooooooo annoying. There is a clear demographic fracture in the workroom and it's low-key permeating everything and I'm exhausted just seeing the edges of it.

How are you going to come back and not have *anything* planned? Aja turned around and came back 2s after her season and that bitch came to work. What has Chi Chi been doing? Like my goodness, other than her improved wardrobe, it's like her drag went backwards.

Kristen threatening Aja for her outfit was hilarious. Please come back as Easter, Kristen, you were so good!

Edited by rozen
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I had thought going into this season of All Stars that they were just going to hand it to Trixie like they did Alaska. I was clearly wrong. Tonight was hard to watch.

Willam spilled some tea somewhere about a queen having a nervous breakdown during AS3 filming because they were also working on their other projects while filming AS3. Everyone is pretty sure he was talking about Trixie, filming the Viceland show or UHHnnn. I hope this show doesn't hurt any of the participant's careers, even Milk's.

If it wasn't for Shangela appearing to be about to send Trixie home I think we'd be talking more about Aja, who did a fabulous Crystal Labeija. I was happy to see someone acknowledge the roots of Drag Race, too. 

Sorry, IMO, busy or not, thats no excuse for that Ru Paul. Snatch Game is the most antecipated task, the queens have months to prepare for it (Trixie didnt even did in her season so she had even more options/nothing to be compared) and I can´t believe she could figure it out any better reference than herself on amateur youtube videos doing a little bit of Ru Paul (I´m talking about the vids she did right after her elimination on her personal channel, her doing it on Uhhh was just few moments and nothing to be remembered as a good part of the show) ; Its something that would land between a couple friend or on a amateur video for your fans, but not to bring to the show on the task you were supose to excel. If she at least have tried to make it better. But no.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I think you're probably right about that, but I also think it's just too deep a cut for a general audience. That was a problem pretty much across the board this episode. . . you don't want to have to explain to the kids who you're impersonating.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Stowaway said:

I think you're probably right about that, but I also think it's just too deep a cut for a general audience. That was a problem pretty much across the board this episode. . . you don't want to have to explain to the kids who you're impersonating.

THIS. Very niche characters overall. Could use a few more Britney Spears, Judge Judy, etc. levels of recognition.

• Love 3

I'm glad Trixie stayed, but I really wonder why she thinks she was terrible on her original season.  She wasn't by a longshot, so I really hope she gets out of her head.  And I never for a moment believed Shangela was sending Trixie home.  Girl knows how popular Trixie is, and will not bring that holy hell upon herself.

Dela really is wiping the floor with the other queens.  For someone who didn't warm to her in her original season (far too much playing to the cameras to get the edit she wants like Jinkx), she has really won me over this time.  I'm also warming to Shangela in a way I didn't in her original season.  While I don't think they will be top 2 (nothing will convince me that Bebe won't get top 2 just to justify the Season 1 crown), I can definitely see them being in the top 4.

Kinda sucks for Aja, I thought she was good enough to get Top 3/be safe - but I guess they wanted to give her the critique.

What sucks for Chi Chi is she could've really gone for a dim Maya Angelou who occasionally says something really profound, but she got deep in her head again.

I'm mildly surprised Kennedy openly admitted she sent Milk home because her feelings were hurt, but at least she was honest about it.  And honestly, I'll take Chi Chi for 2 extra weeks over dealing with Milk for another.

ThorgyGate was stupid and Shangela knows better than to make a big deal out of that sort of thing.  She musta been worried about camera time (Girl, don't worry - there are maybe 3 queens, including yourself, who honestly deserved the All-Stars invite - you're alright).

Hope Trixie redeems herself next week, and hope Kennedy goes home (my least favorite of the remaining queens)

Edited by PoliVamp
Edited to fix typo
  • Love 1

This season...I may drop out. I can't deal with Kennedy, or Game of Thrones every week. The elimination drama is played out, given how long this genre's been around I've seen this all before, but it's also making me not like the most likely winners. It just feels weaker, even if I forget how awesome the last all stars was. And, it's kinda boring. 

At least next season should be great, by contrast. 

4 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

That was probably the worst Snatch Game ever.  I don't know how Ru picked a top two...only Paul Lynde was really funny!

I wish the top two had been DeLa and Kristen Chenoweth.

Shangela probably got there for her fantastic throwaway diss of Chi Chi's M[a]ya: "Spelling bee winner".

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I wish the top two had been DeLa and Kristen Chenoweth.

Shangela probably got there for her fantastic throwaway diss of Chi Chi's M[a]ya: "Spelling bee winner".

I don't think the Snatch Game has been really entertaining and funny for years! There are isolated instances like Chad changing wigs, but overall it's sucked! I used to record it for later; it's been a while! ;-)

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, niklj said:

This was a hard episode to watch :(

I hope they go back to the 90 min episodes next week.

That was some abbreviated RUNWAY with so few people! They really squeezed in as much as they could in that 60 minutes! = They should have just cut SNATCH GAME! Sorry, but I was a huge fan of Paul Lynne's since the old days of "Bewitched!" I got nothing out of Ben doing him! I barely could tell who it was as a character and what queen was doing it! As most thought; this Snatch Game may has run it's course and isn't very good! They barely got a "titter" out of me! Shangela won it hands down! ;-)

• Love 1

I like Trixie but will never understand why -- especially when impersonating someone -- she refuses to change up her look. Her very specific makeup not only is boring week after week, but Ru doesn't look like that!

Same goes for her wardrobe choices. Did she honestly think she'd win the runway with that flower get-up? Or anything she's worn this season? Is she incapable of doing anything to her face other than cartoonishly exaggerated cheekbones and eyes?

It's frustrating because I want her to do well. I hated seeing her in tears with self esteem in the toilet.

• Love 8

At least Chi Chi was put out of her misery. She just didn't want to be there for the show.  And her Mya (lol!) Angelou was pretty brainless.  She obviously didn't do any research on Maya at all, didn't know any of her work, her background or her relationship with Oprah so she couldn't make good jokes. 

I keep waiting for Trixie to kick into gear.

You know it's a bad show when Ru is the one throwing shade.  There was the Amish joke and then declaring the lypsych a draw, Ru seemed unimpressed.  Too bad cuz the Bitchelor episode was pretty great.  Hopefully they'll get back on track next week.

I could not with Trixie's wide eyed innocence - "Why would Shangela be mad at me for something that Thorgy said about her?" Bitch, because you taped it up on the wall!

If one person made a wall sized banner that said "TRIXIE IS AN UGLY UNTALENTED BITCH!" and gave it to a second person who then hung the banner on the wall, would she just completely ignore the fact that the second person didn't have to hang that banner up?

I was also rolling my eyes at Trixie when she said that you could be eliminated based on your personal relationships with the other queens. Uh, did you not see the previous season of All Stars? People were getting saved or eliminated based on who they were besties with.

I always look forward to the Snatch Game challenge and unfortunately, this one was a huge letdown. Ben and Shangela were the only ones who made any kind of effort. Ben did great as Paul Lynde and Shangela did a hilarious Jenifer Lewis (her spelling bee comment was everything). Everyone else was just sadly unfunny. Loved Shangela's pregnant Beyoncé getup on the runway, and I loved Ben's orchid look.

Chi Chi not only spelled M(a)ya Angelou's name incorrectly but she did nothing to make me think she was Maya. She just looked like someone in a boring but brightly colored outfit. Her runway look was just okay. It was just a short bedazzled skirt and a sheer top with a few flowers, but she did look really good.

Kennedy's idea of how to portray Phaedra seemed fine in theory but the execution was severely lacking. A costume change does not mean you are actually showing someone being a two faced hypocrite. I couldn't decide about her runway look though. It looked like a regular black dress with a bunch of sunflowers glued to the front (it looked a little too reminiscent of an unconventional materials challenge on Project Runway), but it was still striking (mostly due to the orange on black). And although it's been done before, I liked the flower petals on the eye.

Trixie's RuPaul was so bad. You can't just memorize a bunch of things a person has said and then say them loudly in response to random questions. You have to know when to use them effectively, which requires being able to think on your feet. I barely registered Trixie's pink flower look on the runway because I was so distracted by how much more harshly her face was painted. The fake crying on the runway was such an obvious ploy for sympathy.

Aja's Crystal LaBeija looked good but I think we only saw one of her answers so I feel like I wasn't able to adequately judge how well she did. Her flower power runway look just had a flower tied around her neck and two flowers in her hair, which I thought was kind of weak for the theme.

Bebe's Grace Jones started out funny, but her later attempts to incorporate Strangé from Boomerang failed for me (like the perfume bit). I liked her runway look though. It incorporated the flower theme in a sophisticated way.

What the hell was with the extremely shortened runway show? I checked the time stamp and they literally showed each girl for FIVE SECONDS.

Ben and Shangela were the clear winners. They were far and away better than anyone else at the Snatch Game and they both looked good on the runway. I was so jealous that they each won $1000 of ice cream from Coolhaus! Their ice cream sandwiches are delicious but expensive.

I was totally cracking up when Ben and Shangela were standing at the back of the stage during the bottom three critique and Shangela was rubbing her fake baby bump.

I loved that all Chi Chi said to Ben during their one on one is, "Just be fair." No begging or sob story, which I appreciate.

Although I prefer seeing the bottom two to LSFYL, I enjoyed watching Ben and Shangela together.

7 hours ago, Stowaway said:

While I agree about the recognition factor being an issue for the general audience, I think as long as they can make the character funny, then even people who don't know who the character is will appreciate it. I'm sure there are a lot of younger people who didn't know who Paul Lynde was but Ben still made the character funny.

Loved the deleted scene with everyone talking shit about Shangela's green popcorn Cornacia wig. I also loved the deleted scene with Bebe. It was funny but also astute. "Religious singing Steve Urkel."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Stowaway said:

I think its more who Rupaul and the judges like not the kids at home..... Rupaul loves her old school celebrity game shows and her more obscure pop culture references yes she loves all pop culture but you are more aiming at what is going to catch her eye and make her laugh so you are going to pick someone she would love not who joe smho at home would

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

Potentially unpopular opinion. I don't like Trixie's drag. I feel like she's ridden Katya's hem and here on her own she's just not funny. Playing someone as over the top as RuPaul was WAY over her head.

Generally this was a pretty boring Snatch Race. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, kylies-lips said:

Why in the world would Chi Chi pick Maya (or Mya) Angelou to do Snatch Game with? It literally makes no sense and was incredibly disappointing. 

Because this is the only exposure to Maya Angelou that Chi Chi has ever had.

• Love 4

I'm all for the deep pulls on Snatch Game. Carol Channing (both Pandora and Bob), and Little Edie are some of the all-time best, and I don't really care if the very young straight girl contingent of the viewing audience have no idea who they are -- hell, all the better if that inspires some fans to actually get to know these cultural touch points.

I didn't love the Paul Lynde pick, though. I think my least favorite Snatch Game choice is queens doing other Drag Race queens, and right after that is queens picking men. Kennedy's Little Richard will probably always be the one amazing exception to the rule. And it's just weird to me that if Dela was going to go into deep cut territory, why not pick an actual Match Game regular? Brett Somers or Betty White could be fantastic and seem well within Dela's wheelhouse.

I don't know...Snatch Game as a whole has been on a downward trajectory since Season 6 where there were three absolutely hysterical performances. It seems like we never really get more than 2-3 good ones, with the rest flat or downright cringey. Maybe they should try to narrow the parameters one year and give them a theme, to see if that helps steer some of them away from outright terrible ideas? I don't know.

• Love 7

This episode (and the editing) was pretty bad. What was up with the short runway? 

Shangela’s GOT references are KILLING me. Especially since the queens are pretty much eliminating themselves at this point. No need for elaborate fake alliances sis. 

Also, I personally think its time to put Snatch Game to bed. Only one or two queens from each season ever really knock it out of the park anyway. 

ETA: ... or what @annewithaneee said :)

Edited by kissedbyarose
7 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I didn't love the Paul Lynde pick, though. I think my least favorite Snatch Game choice is queens doing other Drag Race queens, and right after that is queens picking men. Kennedy's Little Richard will probably always be the one amazing exception to the rule.

I think with snatch game its more about the Character,Paul Lynde is a campy character so it worked I dont think you could do a non  campy male and make it work...  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:
14 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I didn't love the Paul Lynde pick, though. I think my least favorite Snatch Game choice is queens doing other Drag Race queens, and right after that is queens picking men. Kennedy's Little Richard will probably always be the one amazing exception to the rule.

I think with snatch game its more about the Character,Paul Lynde is a campy character so it worked I dont think you could do a non  campy male and make it work...  

Right, Thorgy's MJ didn't work because he's not camp. Paul Lynde didn't really work for me personally, not in the way Little Richard did, it was just the funniest in a crowd of largely unfunny characters. I personally don't think Lynde was really worth the risk of boy drag, but Dela lucked out because everyone else was terrible -- up against Mae West and Bjork from AS2 that would have been safe for sure, with probably some snarky talking heads from other queens about the choice.

1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

Right, Thorgy's MJ didn't work because he's not camp. Paul Lynde didn't really work for me personally, not in the way Little Richard did, it was just the funniest in a crowd of largely unfunny characters. I personally don't think Lynde was really worth the risk of boy drag, but Dela lucked out because everyone else was terrible -- up against Mae West and Bjork from AS2 that would have been safe for sure, with probably some snarky talking heads from other queens about the choice.

yea IF there had been stronger competition He wouldn't have won this. Im sure he would have been safe but not won it was just enough for ru to get it and laugh... and there is camp you can work with and there is a drag queen just not getting the camp of a character and doing what Thorgy or what Trixy did and making it bad

Edited by Keywestclubkid

What a disappointing Snatch Game, but I’ll say that Aja keeps impressing me, and is the most improved queen by far. She fully embraced her character and should have been in the top two. 

I love Chi Chi, but it was time for her to go home. 

• Love 5

"Snatch Game" is like Saturday Night Live: it was always better in the old days -- except it wasn't, it was always uneven, and always at least as much cringe as funny. For every Chad Michaels as Cher, there has always been a Snooki want smoosh smoosh.

I'm in favor of some deep cuts and bold choices, but it should be a mix. And I'm with the people saying Ben was the best only by virtue of everyone else being worse.

After sleeping on it, I've decided the saddest thing about the episode is that no one seems to love Trixie enough to tell her the truth.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I didn't love the Paul Lynde pick, though. I think my least favorite Snatch Game choice is queens doing other Drag Race queens, and right after that is queens picking men. Kennedy's Little Richard will probably always be the one amazing exception to the rule. And it's just weird to me that if Dela was going to go into deep cut territory, why not pick an actual Match Game regular? Brett Somers or Betty White could be fantastic and seem well within Dela's wheelhouse.

I spent the whole time wondering why Ben didn’t do Charles Nelson Reilly.

• Love 6

Y'all read Snatch Game for filth...and honestly it deserved it! AS2's Snatch Game was actually very strong in comparision. I think even the bottom girls in AS2 still turned out decent performances here. This time other than De La and Shangela they were mostly misses. I was surprised Kennedy did so poorly. Character parts tend to be her strength along with lip syncs. She picked a good character too she just didn't take it far enough. Her runway look was a mess though. Normally she has pretty polished gowns.

Love, love Chi Chi. I can't think of a queen who has taken criticism as gracefully and as thoughtfully. So happy she was ready to go too. There was some slight shade at Roxxy and AS2 in her talking head but it is better to leave when you are struggling rather than get dragged to the end. I think Chi Chi saw this go around as a chance to show some looks. She felt insecure about her clothes during her season and I will say here she turned out mostly great runway looks. But she clearly didn't prepare for the challenges themselves. I think her approach to life will serve her well in drag and just in life in general. I would love to go see her live so I hope she keeps getting booked.

I have tried to give Thorgy the benefit of the doubt but what a salty mess! Her 'shade' never comes off as funny. It just makes her seem super bitter. With that said I didn't like that Shangela took it out on Trixie. I agreed with De La that Trixie probably did it for fun or didn't realize.

BeBe's role in all this puzzles me. I can't shake the feeling she isn't really competing. I mean she's doing well but not great and normally Michelle would read a queen for constantly being safe especially a former winner! But they continue to fawn over BeBe (who wouldn't she's great!) without giving her any wins.

Aja has really surprised me too. I wasn't a fan of her being included but she's earned her All Stars spot now.

Trixie's Ru reminded me of a budget version of Sharon's Ru. They look identical when they do Ru except that Sharon can get the voice and mannerisms much better.

Edited by Couver
  • Love 2

Lmao, at least I´m laughing watching Trixie´s tweets and retweets;

@trixiemattel:

´´Keep your friends close. Keep your friends’ notes HIDDEN AWAY BITCH LIKE DAMN.``

´´Have you ever been so iconic that even your old handwritten notes bring the drama? Nice work @ThorgyThor you tricky bitch.``

´´I thought my aggressive portrayal of My Inner Sabateur in Snatch Game was compelling.``

shangel.jpgLmak

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 7

Revisiting Thorgy's bitterness really just reminded me that it is really strange that Thorgy ONLY had conflicts with black queens. I'm not normally one to drag race into things (see what I did there?), but I couldn't help but notice that, except for BeBe, Thorgy had an issue with every single black queen and not a single non-black queen. Where was the "everyone loves Bendela, WTF" outrage that should have been there? Where was the jealousy over Trixie getting her own show? It's just weird. I'm not saying Thorgy is a racist for sure, I don't know enough to know, but it is suspicious. Thank god she done gone.

• Love 15

I am old enough to remember Paul Lynde on Hollywood Squares, Match game and Bewitched (as uncle Arthur) and Ben was spot on.

PaulLynde.jpg

I googled Jennifer Lewis and watched some of her videos and Shangela was also spot on with looks and vocals

Jennifer+Lewis+ABYwD5Un8qZm.jpg

The best, to me, was Aja with doing Crystal LaBeija as she totally had the look, mannerisms and vocals down perfect.

bd6cd9b74c59b23da262a6761e059015.jpg

As for the looks on the runway, my favs were Shangela doing Beyonce realness, Aja and her pink princess look and Bebe with her black flower gown

I really liked the lipsync as well as that both won and both chose the right person to go home.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, rozen said:

Drageryes Tuckgareon

Gagged! Love the nickname, but it should be spelled Dragerys Tuckgaryen. I can spell most of those Game of Thrones names in my sleep, including Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

Now, I would have died if Shangela busted out a "Nyke Shangela hen Edwards Lentrot, hen drag ānogār iksan. Drag muño ēngos ñuhys issa" which is a paraphrase of Daenerys' speech when she sacks Astapor. It translates to "I'm Shangela of the House of Edwards. The blood of drag runs through my veins. Drag is my mother tongue."

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was so jealous that they each won $1000 of ice cream from Coolhaus! Their ice cream sandwiches are delicious but expensive.

They are good, but you ain't had mine. There are a couple that my friends and coworkers bug me about constantly: black pepper and caramel ice cream with churros, graham and dark chocolate chip cookies with toasted marshmallow ice cream, and dark chocolate and chili cookies with almond vanilla ice cream.

7 hours ago, Stowaway said:

"Snatch Game" is like Saturday Night Live: it was always better in the old days -- except it wasn't, it was always uneven, and always at least as much cringe as funny. For every Chad Michaels as Cher, there has always been a Snooki want smoosh smoosh.

Completely agree. It's always been uneven.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3