Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Good People

thewhiteowl

I have to hand it to Joe Morton. When he commits, he commits. I hope he had floss handy because he had scenery in his teeth. His scene partner was a dinosaur figurine. I can't.

Reason #122389780909 why Scandal is ending. They really went there and had Rowan stuff a heavily pregnant Quinn into a suitcase. And we're just supposed to go along with it. Suspension of disbelief is required while watching tv, but I laughed when I saw her hair sticking out. Like, really, show?

I know the cast must have a group chat going when they get these scripts. They're like, yeah, we know this is stupid, but it's almost over and the bills are due.

"I WANT MY BONESSSSSS!!" will always be one of the most embarrassing lines ever written and said, but it circles back to what I wrote about Joe Morton. The man commits.

• Love 17

Of course she wasn’t dead. Show is ending in about 10 episodes and they still can’t commit to something truly shocking.

Is this show supposed to be a comedy?  Stuffing a 40 week pregnant woman in a suitcase, way over acting to a toy dinosaur with god-awful dialogue, the fact that it took Quinn almost 2 days to figure out how to get out of that chain despite the fact that she’s supposed to be this badass chick, her completely inept attempt to take out Rowan, the most unrealistic labor and birth sequence since Kathy Stabler on SVU (sure a woman can just wake up from a drug-induced sleep, barely push 2 times and, hey, there’s a baby!), and yeah quinn’s Just totally down with the fact that it looks like Rowan plans to keep her (maybe) and the kid (definitely) for YEARS!

• Love 8

Of course she was alive.

His poor "friend". Going to this length to get back at Olivia? the preview said something about

The intervention you've been waiting for!

- nope. Never wanted anything like that. i don't know why Shonda has to destroy her best female characters. She breaks them down and changes them (mostly). This woman becomes one of the most powerful women in the world, and they made her a monster. 

I'm having trouble with the forums. 

• Love 2

I was thrilled to see Quinn alive,no matter how weird the episode. It's time for someone to put Liv, in the same place as her mother lives, she's become that heartless, and an out of control monster. A combo of mother and father,

I'm totally in love with Rowan! 

• Love 1

Oh great an entire episode devoted to Rowan said me NEVER.

Rowan, "He was my only friend."

Me, "When you murder people, including your friends, that is usually an unpleasant habit that will leave you with NO friends."

Spoiler

Next week they are going to have a bunch of murderers do an intervention for a murderer?  Seriously?  Also, what exactly makes the recent killings so much worse than all the previous killings?

I did laugh at Quinn's hallucination Huck pretty much telling her she was brain dead stupid if she thought Rowan and Olivia wouldn't kill her.

• Love 7

You guys Quinn’s alive!! Are you shocked? Me either.

Eh. I mean.. I’m kind of happy Quinn is alive as she’s the only one who knows for sure what Olivia did and while Huck is slowly putting together the pieces, Quinn knows for sure and Olivia needs to take a seat.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Is this show supposed to be a comedy?  Stuffing a 40 week pregnant woman in a suitcase, way over acting to a toy dinosaur with god-awful dialogue, the fact that it took Quinn almost 2 days to figure out how to get out of that chain despite the fact that she’s supposed to be this badass chick, her completely inept attempt to take out Rowan, the most unrealistic labor and birth sequence since Kathy Stabler on SVU (sure a woman can just wake up from a drug-induced sleep, barely push 2 times and, hey, there’s a baby!), and yeah quinn’s Just totally down with the fact that it looks like Rowan plans to keep her (maybe) and the kid (definitely) for YEARS!

And as I was holding my 3 week old baby while watching the episode all I could think of is how huge that baby was! It looked to be at least a few months old. 

Edited by ishcabibble
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

It seems so since he spent half the episode yelling at a plastic dino toy.

As for Quinn, it was kinda obvious the way we didn't actually see the body and identify it as her, it was part of the dark Liv plot that shouldn't have wasted so much time in the final season.

It seems so since he spent half the episode yelling at a plastic dino toy.

Since Scandal has gone from one of my favorite shows to a show that I barely make it through while scrolling through social media, I can't remember -- Does Rowan know the dinosaur is a camera?  If not, how are we supposed to believe that big bad Rowan, former head of B613, hasn't at least suspected it?  I don't even remember how the dinosaur got there. Did we even know it was a camera?   I have got to start paying attention during the home stretch.

EXACTLY. Ugh, why haven't they killed him off by now? Back when he was a certified bada$$, it was at least kind of fun to watch him turn the tables on people but now he's just....sad.  He's this pathetic sociopath with zero control over anybody, who keeps screaming about bones, who talks very animatedly to inanimate objects and who thinks his best friend is an employee who helped him a few times at a big box store.  Not to mention stuffing 40 week pregnant Quinn into a suit case, keeping her captive for days, drugging her during labor and then killing said best friend for a reason I don't even think was made clear.  

Was I the only who kept waiting on him to just haul off and shoot Quinn at any given moment, similarly to the way he shot his girlfriend -- was it last season?    I don't want Quinn to die but at least then there would have been a spark of the old Rowan and it would have been a truly shocking moment.

I ashamedly admit that there is still a part of my once healthy and vibrant (but now shriveled and nearly dead because Shonda killed it like she kills every one and every thing) Olitz heart that is still pulling for Olivia and Fitz to make it.  Not this version of Olivia though.  This version of Olivia is someone I truly despise and I hate that because I always have liked her, despite everything.  This version of Olivia doesn't deserve someone who loves her as much and as seemingly unconditionally as Fitz does.  Heck, I can't stand Jake and this Olivia doesn't even deserve him.  But, I want someone to somehow bring the old Olivia back from the dead (along with the dreaded white hat) and I want her and Fitz to ride off into the Vermont sunset together, holding their jars of jam.

Nine episodes to go.  Nine episodes and I can pretend that Scandal ended with Season 2.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ishcabibble said:

And as I was holding my 3 week old baby while watching the episode all I could think of is how huge that baby was! It looked to be at least a few months old. 

Love your username - I'm from Philly. And yeah, they never use actual newborns - they either use months-old babies, or dolls like in American Sniper. I remember watching some Very Special Birth Episode with my mother and she said "That's not a newborn baby" with this perfect sneer of disgust. It was kind of great.

8 minutes ago, cam3150 said:

EXACTLY. Ugh, why haven't they killed him off by now? Back when he was a certified bada$$, it was at least kind of fun to watch him turn the tables on people but now he's just....sad.  He's this pathetic sociopath with zero control over anybody, who keeps screaming about bones, who talks very animatedly to inanimate objects and who thinks his best friend is an employee who helped him a few times at a big box store.  Not to mention stuffing 40 week pregnant Quinn into a suit case, keeping her captive for days, drugging her during labor and then killing said best friend for a reason I don't even think was made clear.  

I assumed it was so he couldn't tell anyone about the woman Rowan was holding in his basement - no loose ends. I was mad at him for his "I don't see color!" line, but he didn't deserve to go out like that. And given Rowan's penchant for murdering folks, it stands to reason that he has no friends!

I like Rowan more than many, I think (I love Joe Morton - he has the most beautiful voice and I think he has fun with the role. The line "I WANT MY BOOOOONES" was ridiculous, but that's not his fault and I bet he had fun saying it), but him talking to dinosaurs was like ... come on. I did laugh when he said "I am not going to call my child a bitch."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Rowan, "He was my only friend."

Me, "When you murder people, including your friends, that is usually an unpleasant habit that will leave you with NO friends."

Reveal hidden contents

Next week they are going to have a bunch of murderers do an intervention for a murderer?  Seriously?  Also, what exactly makes the recent killings so much worse than all the previous killings?

I did laugh at Quinn's hallucination Huck pretty much telling her she was brain dead stupid if she thought Rowan and Olivia wouldn't kill her.

Re: the spoiler - I know! It's ridiculous. 

I almost went into a rant, but it's the same old crap. I still can't get over Fitz letting her father go free, after he killed his son. 

• Love 1

Well, that was fun. I was hoping he killed Quinn to get his badass free back but noooo...it's still all about Olivia. In the scope of the show, I realize Quinn had little choice but to stay dead but damn.  Doing that to Charlie and the mentally unstable (at best) Huck? Harsh. So Jake got in the house and took all of Rowan's weapons but could not get in the basement? Sure. That's some inept BS16-ing. Or whatever it's called.  

I actually giggled at the ranting to the little dino because I figured out the camera and boy, didn't it have great range and picture for a tiny camera? Jake must of had some popcorn with watching that.

Looking forward to next week.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, cam3150 said:

Since Scandal has gone from one of my favorite shows to a show that I barely make it through while scrolling through social media, I can't remember -- Does Rowan know the dinosaur is a camera?  If not, how are we supposed to believe that big bad Rowan, former head of B613, hasn't at least suspected it?  I don't even remember how the dinosaur got there. Did we even know it was a camera?   I have got to start paying attention during the home stretch.

When Rowan first started talking to the dinosaur, I thought he had completely lost it.  When he started screaming at it, I was like what did that poor dinosaur ever do to you?  Then they showed us the camera inside it.  I guess Rowan wanted Jake, Olivia, etc. to know he knew about the camera, and was serious about killing Quinn, but he just looked like a complete nutcase.

• Love 1

I wonder if the writers realize how bad their show is at this point. Are they leaning into the craptastic, and going for some dark comedy, or do they think they are writing an intelligent, interesting show? This show has been a parody of itself for a couple seasons now, but this one took the cake in terms of ridiculousness. 

• Love 13

Of course Quinn's alive... but it would have made more sense to take this the way I thought they would and show that it was all pre-planned by both Quinn and Rowan. That would've been a smart team-up. Both Quinn and Rowan see Olivia going down this dark path and put this plan in motion to get her to finally face up to the fact that her hat is blacker than black. But no, Quinn - typically the smartest person on the show - was easily kidnapped by a 60-year-old man in an elevator and stuck in a basement for days...crying? WTF? Such a disappointment. Fully prepared for this show to be over.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I like Rowan more than many, I think (I love Joe Morton - he has the most beautiful voice and I think he has fun with the role. The line "I WANT MY BOOOOONES" was ridiculous, but that's not his fault and I bet he had fun saying it)

There was also a "The Brother From Another Planet" reference in the dialogue between Marv and Rowan last night. That movie's where Joe Morton won my heart forevermore. And he was mostly mute, despite his splendid voice. 

Which is not a jab at Joe Morton's performance in the ongoing Shonda Scheherazade Olympics. But to say that John Sayles allowed him to create and enact a character from his entire self, and lo, it was good.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, marcee said:

Of course Quinn's alive... but it would have made more sense to take this the way I thought they would and show that it was all pre-planned by both Quinn and Rowan. That would've been a smart team-up. Both Quinn and Rowan see Olivia going down this dark path and put this plan in motion to get her to finally face up to the fact that her hat is blacker than black. But no, Quinn - typically the smartest person on the show - was easily kidnapped by a 60-year-old man in an elevator and stuck in a basement for days...crying? WTF? Such a disappointment. Fully prepared for this show to be over.

Oh, man, I like your way a lot better.  This would have been an AWESOME twist!

That was....not good. Nothing against Quinn but it would have actually been shocking and ballsy to kill her. So, I knew the show wouldn't go there. Instead, they craft an episode where pretty much everyone acts like an idiot. I'm convinced that everyone's gonna end up alive to rant and rave in a show revival in a few years lol 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

That was....not good. Nothing against Quinn but it would have actually been shocking and ballsy to kill her. So, I knew the show wouldn't go there. Instead, they craft an episode where pretty much everyone acts like an idiot. I'm convinced that everyone's gonna end up alive to rant and rave in a show revival in a few years lol 

Yeah. I never for one second believed she was dead. It’s surprising to me that some people did. I know it’s the last season but they never showed her body and to me that was a giveaway. If anything I wish it wasn’t like Rowan kidnapped Quinn and more Quinn decided to start working with Rowan on her own agenda and was in on it from the getgo. Because this episode? Meh. Pretty much everything I assumed would happen, did. Except for Rowan making a friend in a home department store and then killing him. I didn’t know that would happen but everything else.. yeah.

Also the suitcase stuffing I always think of Desperate Housewives and remember when eva Longina had to climb into a suitcase and get in an elevator and it makes me laugh. I can never take it serious when it’s supposed to be a serious situation. They did it on a Law and Order SVU episode once and I couldn’t stop laughing.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Rowan tells Quinn there's a soundproof door, so no one can hear her, but then she can conveniently hear his conversations with Olivia through the air ducts?? Wouldn't it stand to reason she could ALSO shout into them to have someone hear her???? Come on, writers, don't be THAT lazy.

I say this from experience - my sister and I spent a good chunk of our teenage years communicating with each other via air ducts in our house. 

Rowan is ridiculous, but I can't but like Joe Morton. He's a really good actor, and yeah, it's over the top, but he's clearly enjoying it. It's also ridiculous that at this point I'm rooting for him over Olivia.

• Love 4

Yeah about the dinosaur.. did Rowan knew there was video feed in that? At first I was like oh he’s unhinged and just talking to himself and we as viewers are probably like that thing is recording him.. but the way he acted with it.. did he knew or is he that unhinged? He had to have known right?

6 hours ago, J-Man said:

Several people have mentioned that Rowan is 60. Do we know that? Because Joe Morton is 70 years old. 

I don’t think we do. I was echoing a previous poster. Either way, the dinosaur stuff was cringeworthy. 

I'm going to need for Rowan to be brutally murdered before this is all over with. What if Quinn had gone into labor alone in that cellar and there was some kind of difficulty with the delivery?

I am so over all the low-rent game theory, art of war crap between Olivia and Rowan. It's a shame what this show has descended into. The actors all just seem to be going through the motions until the clock runs out. (Well, it has run out for the cast already but the viewers are still waiting for the tick, tick, boom.)

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, backformore said:

I used to like Scandal.

I hardly recognize it.

Because it used to be about a fixer and her team and nowadays it's a never ending yelling match between Liv and her dad that should've ended seasons ago.

• Love 6

I could not stop laughing at Rowan and the dinosaur. Like, do they think that's the stuff of drama? Do they not know the audience is cackling at that? I was glad I was home alone to watch this episode because it was so embarrassing. That being said, Joe Morton is fucking fantastic and COMMITS, damn it!

What happened to this show?

Also, the idea that a 40 week pregnant woman could fit into a suitcase that size is beyond anyone's comprehension. It's so implausible.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2018 at 1:57 AM, J-Man said:

Several people have mentioned that Rowan is 60. Do we know that? Because Joe Morton is 70 years old. 

Wow, I would have never guessed that (I never looked at Joe's IMDb page, though I did just now).  But then again, he played a captain of an elite (bomb squad) LAPD unit in Speed, which was filmed 25 years ago.  Generally, that's not a job you get in your 20s or 30s.

As far as the crapfest that is Scandal now, I wouldn't put it past Shonda to be deliberately tanking as a final fuck-you to the fans who trashed her on this board, IMDb and other outlets.  She doesn't seem the type that takes criticism (justified or otherwise) well.  I'm probably wrong, but still...

• Love 2

I'm not sure how Shonda manages to keep Grey's Anatomy relatively fresh, with interesting stories, and characters that are still recognizable, but does the complete opposite with Scandal.   There is absolutely no way to bring this show to a satisfying conclusion for the most of the fans.  

Still trying to figure out how the burned body was identified as Quinn.  I'm guessing Scott Foley is in on the plan and faked her dental record ID.  But I think Huck of all people should have noticed that the burned body of what I'm assuming was Rowan's 50 yo male bestie, would not match up with the body of petite and female Quinn.   

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I'm not sure how Shonda manages to keep Grey's Anatomy relatively fresh, with interesting stories, and characters that are still recognizable, but does the complete opposite with Scandal.   

My personal opinion is that the majority of Grey’s plot lines have been over the top, but grounded in some semblance of reality. Scandal she just kept building up a crazier and more over the top fictional world.