Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Lawrence & Cierra

Tara Ariano

After a number of near-death experiences, Lawrence survived through it all with the assurance of Cierra's online love. But with Cierra blowing Lawrence off whenever they try to meet, Nev and Max must learn the truth about her.

ENGAGED???? This little shit kept talking to her while he was involved with someone else enough to get engaged. Cierra was the one getting catfished, Lawrence was pretending to be someone he wasn't, an available guy. Why did he even contact the show if he was engaged?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 8

-Let's just replace Catfish with a Nev and Laura sitcom. I'd have something to talk about then.

-Lawrence was going to split from his fiance if he found Cierra hotter? "Geez, bro" is all that gets from Nev, who let's be honest, would probably cheat on his wife if he met someone online in person.

-Pretend obliviousness of a detail they damn well knew about Lawrence in advance. Bungholes convinced Cierra, but not me. They LOVE making these types of "mistakes".

-I should mention that at the very least we are building up to a few episodes where Laura fills in for Max, if not also eventually taking his spot full time in Season 8.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AfterwardsTV said:

-Let's just replace Catfish with a Nev and Laura sitcom. I'd have something to talk about then.

-I should mention that at the very least we are building up to a few episodes where Laura fills in for Max, if not also eventually taking his spot full time in Season 8.

Oh, YOU'RE the one who wants more Mrs. Nev.

40 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

Oh @Tara Ariano.  "Chesapeake Baes"??  That earned the elusive snortlaugh/groan hybrid.  Well played.  Well.  Played.  

THANK YOU SO MUUUUUUUUUUUCH. I told @Sarah D. Bunting after I wrote that headline that if I ever end up applying for citizenship, I'm submitting that pun in lieu of a test.

• Love 1

I think he was lying about being engaged. I think he just didn't want to say "I'm shallow and don't even want to get to know you in person now that I saw you." Because what a coincidence that his engagement fell through later on. It's not like he suddenly developed self-awareness in the span of a couple of weeks.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I think he was lying about being engaged. I think he just didn't want to say "I'm shallow and don't even want to get to know you in person now that I saw you." Because what a coincidence that his engagement fell through later on. It's not like he suddenly developed self-awareness in the span of a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I definitely got the impression that he didn't like what he was seeing, which...is he blind?  Because that girl was foxy!  I'm skeptical on the existence of a fiancée...show me the receipts, Lawrence!  I'm glad Cierra gave him what-for, and didn't waste any tears on that fool.

• Love 9
On 1/25/2018 at 4:15 AM, GaT said:

Why did he even contact the show if he was engaged?

He said he was engaged for a couple of months, so he almost certainly wan't when he contacted the show. He should have said "never mind" when the producers got back to him, but I could see him figuring that he was being catfished and curious by who (and maybe be at the center of a TV episode where he'd meet Max)..

• Love 1

I kept waiting for max to go off on Lawrence about playing both girl,sadly he never did. 

You can tell Max actually takes his marriage serious.  This new thing of Nev wife being in every episode is stupid. Is she trying to warn other women that he is married & back off? 

Cause if that’s the case then that’s just sad,It shows lack of trust, why not trust that your husband would tell a women in a situation that he was married?  Why do you need it to be broadcasted constantly? Is she that insecure?

either way. I don’t think they are as happy together as they want people to believe.  

They're baby is almost the same age as the whole the relationship itself. She got Knocked up quick & had Rushed wedding. 

Please don’t give them a tv show mtv. They’re boring. At least max wife has a job & travels. That’s interesting. We don’t need another Mom show on mtv.

• Love 7
On 1/25/2018 at 2:04 AM, AfterwardsTV said:

That is the first time I've read something that makes sense about why they keep forcing her on us.

Also, it's terrifying.

Nev plays an OK "nice guy" but you can see the jerk struggling to get out. They're a pair, those two. And his conversational check-ins with her are boring and offer zero insight into anything.  I thought they were just trying for filler so she has stuff to put on her IMDB.

• Love 4

Like @TaraAriano I’ve always said I’m in for the long-haul with this show. But if they bring in the wife as a co-host, I’m so out. We fast-forward through her as it is. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

You can tell Max actually takes his marriage serious.  This new thing of Nev wife being in every episode is stupid. Is she trying to warn other women that he is married & back off? 

Ironically I think more women would be after Max than Nev. But like you said, Max takes his marriage seriously and doesn't need to constantly show he's married because his marriage is secure. Nev and Mrs Nev just scream INSECURITY!!!! and come off as needing constant validation. 

I actually loved Cierra. She was having none of this guys shit.  I'd rather see her fill in for Max  than Mrs. Nev. She's useless. She's just reading what someone wrote for her to say while she shows off that she's his baby mama so back off!!!

• Love 11

There's really not much to say about this episode, is there? The catfish wasn't a catfish and she was the more honest person, besides. Why that guy called the show in is the real mystery -- he could have gone to see her himself to see if needed to know if there were feelings between them that would preclude his "engagement." Yes, she cancelled twice on him, but it's hard to believe the show's intervention was really necessary given that she seemed pretty open to meeting with them. Lawrence did indeed get a free ride, considering he wasted everyone's time, including mine.

• Love 6

I really think that Lawrence took one look at her, decided she wasn’t the type of girl he’d been fantasizing about, and spent all of lunch pouting while trying to figure out how to get out of this thing.  20 bucks says he texted a friend to call him and help him find a way out. 

Cierra was obviously gorgeous and just all around pleasant but Lawrence is a 19 year old boy who wanted someone “hot” that he could play with for awhile. They never appreciate the beautiful girls until they’re looking for a housewife. 

ETA: Cliff is the unsung hero of this episode. “What are you trying to say? I feel like you’re accusing me of something and I don’t appreciate it. DONT CALL ME BACK.” I love that he assumed Cierra was catfishing someone and was ready to get rid of Nev for her.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 9

I'm thinking maybe he got engaged in the most casual of ways, then MTV came calling and said he would be getting a paycheck, so he was in. He was way more excited at the idea Cierra was a gay guy and was going to walk away

When it turned out Cierra was who she said he was, he didn't know what to do, so he acted the fool. Cierra is best rid of him. I could see him playing Cierra and the gf off each other. She wanted no part of him. Props to her. 

• Love 9
On 1/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, Spike said:

Do you think Wifey knows Nev was expelled from college for punching a girl in the face?

I think Wifey described herself in a public forum as a "kidult" who doesn't use birth control, so it's possible they deserve each other. Previously post on the pregnancy announcement. It's nauseating.

Now, what WE deserve is Cierra and Robin. And I guess Max can stay.

Edited by maxineofarc
  • Love 2
On 1/26/2018 at 1:39 PM, Hellohappylife said:

If you haven’t checked out Max’ Instagram , it’s so apparent how in love and how much Max adores his wife . ( and there are some young Max pics <3 ) 

Mr & Mrs Nev are annoying , I’d be VERY surprised if Mr Wonderful Nev hangs in for the long haul. 

Cierra was awesome n so pretty , loved the way she handled it. 

• Love 2
On 1/28/2018 at 1:51 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

I really think that Lawrence took one look at her, decided she wasn’t the type of girl he’d been fantasizing about, and spent all of lunch pouting while trying to figure out how to get out of this thing.  20 bucks says he texted a friend to call him and help him find a way out. 

Me too. It was too obvious. If he was engaged, he’d have said that right up front. Unless he’s a whorebag douchebag. At any rate, he’s been on TV and anyone who might be a good match for him is now aware.

• Love 1
On January 28, 2018 at 1:51 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

Cierra was obviously gorgeous and just all around pleasant but Lawrence is a 19 year old boy who wanted someone “hot” that he could play with for awhile. They never appreciate the beautiful girls until they’re looking for a housewife. 

I just watched this episode.

As soon as I saw Cierra, who I thought was beautiful, I knew Lawrence had no interest in her.  She came off very mature while Lawrence came off like a little boy.  

I don't get why Nev's wife is on the show, but she's harmless and doesn't take up that much time, so she doesn't bother me. 

• Love 4

While watching this, as soon as Lawrence revealed his big secret, I thought he’d regret ever going on TV. Then, it dawned on me that he’s probably not really engaged. 

I thought Cierra was drop-dead gorgeous and a nice person to boot. I hope Lawrence winds up with a dog. No, that’s insulting to a dog....

• Love 4
On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 AM, ChickenLatte99 said:

This one boggles me. She was who she presented online and he still wasn't interested? I just don't get it.

Just saw this episode now. So strange all around. The guy came off so great in the beginning and then just nose-dived into the worst. Cierra was awesome, I wish the guy had turned out to be somebody better who was actually looking for someone.

While watching this, as soon as Lawrence revealed his big secret, I thought he’d regret ever going on TV. Then, it dawned on me that he’s probably not really engaged. 

I thought Cierra was drop-dead gorgeous and a nice person to boot. I hope Lawrence winds up with a dog. No, that’s insulting to a dog....

My only guess could be that she weighed a bit more than he thought from the photos? The perennial danger of the angled selfie, it never tells the full story. NOT saying that she was fat, just that her photos seemed to all be from the neck up and his response to her in person was so muted.

I loved her little WTF looks while he rudely dicked around on his phone at the table, probably arranging that phone call that he got.

Also, no way he was engaged. He was the one who called the show and if nothing else, he had to know that the fiancee was going to find out about the show and the jig would be up then anyway. 

• Love 2