Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/22/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Omg fireworks. I agree with Whoopi, they close everything up, and still get paid. No way is Ana a Republican, no way. I agreed with her though, and I agreed with Meghan. Thankyou Whoopi for shutting them up!lol

Oh and Joy in a huff threw down her card with her talking points on it.ROFL!i

Ana is a Republican.  Joy was frustrated with Meghan for not letting her speak. She has to always dominate the conversations..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Wow, Meghan just questioned why Ana still calls herself a Republican. Just wow. Oh well, Ana ripped her a new one. ???‍♀️

Okay, they need to back up the money truck and lure Ana to NYC for three days a week. She can work Tues - Thurs and enjoy long weekends in Miami. Fire McCain. Bring on Paula or someone when Ana's not there. And? Make sure Sara comes back, show. 

41 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

This show needs to put MM at the kids' table.

I think Whoopi just did.

Edited by General Days

I really do think, both parties are to blame. I liked the tweet that said that and more on the bottom of my screen. 

38 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yasssss! Did you see Sunny quietly sipping her tea? 

Meghan’s face is SO red right now. She must need something to cure that serious burn. ?

Not that red on my screen...

4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I really do think, both parties are to blame. I liked the tweet that said that and more on the bottom of my screen. 

Who started this unnecessary fight. I don't want to get into trouble and say more. So, I will stay in my lane. Hopefully, Megan has learned, not to poke Anna, by questioning, her legitimacy, as a Republican..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

And she needs to STOP bringing her father up in every conversation! My God!

Her father worked hard to earn his position and respect. MM needs to do the same and be there on her own hard work and merit and shut the hell up about her father and her ties to the party. I lean conservative and dislike party voting because of people like MM who can't separate the issues from the party line. She needs to go.

I don't look at men's parts Whoopi, so I couldn't tell you if there flapping ( or whatever she did with her hands) but If I'm the boss, yes, I said proper work attire is needed! Nobody wants to see your bits, male or female! 

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

MM looks so clueless, so stupid, so narrow-minded, sitting on the same panel with Ana - I could go on and on, but you get the picture ?.  Can TPTB at The View seriously not see what an asset Ana is to the show?  I'm a Dem, and even I'd tune in every day, just to see and hear that woman.   Which is the total opposite of what I do with MM there; I listen to Hot Topics, then, if Her Highness is in an especially pissy mood, I change the channel, because - unlike Joy and Sunny - I don't have to listen to her BS if I don't want to.  Click.

ABC likely does, which is why she's guest co-hosting so much. Ana just doesn't want to move to NYC. Is hologram technology far enough advanced yet to offer her the seat?

Go Whoopi! Finally she put her foot down on Meghan’s shrieking, steamrolling tantrums. Meghan wouldn't even speak in the next segment. I was hoping that would hold out the whole show, too bad.

Meghan’s clear hatred of Ana is a sign of her job insecurity. Get that chair, Ana! Show Princess McCain how it’s done.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, they need to back up the money truck and lure Ana to NYC for three days a week. She can work Tues - Thurs and enjoy long weekends in Miami. Fire McCain. Bring on Paula or someone when Ana's not there. And? Make sure Sara comes back, show. 

I think Whoopi just did.

You could knock me over with a feather, when I learned that Ana claims to be a republican. I have never heard one single republican view from her while on the show. I was really shocked cause I thought she was a democrat. While I think that MM does represent a lot of conservatives, and I think someone like that should be on the panel, she seems to take things very personally when they debate. She needs to take it as less of an attack on her, and more of a political discussion.

1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

You could knock me over with a feather, when I learned that Ana claims to be a republican. I have never heard one single republican view from her while on the show. I was really shocked cause I thought she was a democrat. While I think that MM does represent a lot of conservatives, and I think someone like that should be on the panel, she seems to take things very personally when they debate. She needs to take it as less of an attack on her, and more of a political discussion.

Exactly! I said all along, no way is Ana a Republican..

lol

I wasn't familiar with Ana until this month with her subbing for Sara, and I think I could enjoy her being the "conservative" voice. Though to be honest, I haven't actually seen her argue in support of something I don't agree with.  But I think, at least, she could explain herself without getting all defensive and emotional, and that's what I'd like to see at The View table.  A Republican who could explain why they support the non-liberal view. 

MM is so wrong for this show. She really is equal to, if not worse than, Elisabeth.  Too emotional. Too uninformed. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Ana worked extensively on the 2008 McCain campaign, for Jon Huntsman in 2012 and Jeb! in 2016, and I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times where she espoused very Republican views. I think she's more of a neoconservative than anything else, and that brand of Republicanism is certainly not in vogue right now. Ana is a victim of the purity tests that are ruining both sides of the spectrum - if you don't believe everything I believe, you are the enemy. But she is definitely a Republican. Her breaking point with Trump was the pussy comment - she lost it on CNN.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I wasn't familiar with Ana until this month with her subbing for Sara, and I think I could enjoy her being the "conservative" voice. Though to be honest, I haven't actually seen her argue in support of something I don't agree with.  But I think, at least, she could explain herself without getting all defensive and emotional, and that's what I'd like to see at The View table.  A Republican who could explain why they support the non-liberal view. 

MM is so wrong for this show. She really is equal to, if not worse than, Elisabeth.  Too emotional. Too uninformed. 

I think she is informed, more so than two others , but she's too emotional getting her point across. It's difficult to do, when it's 4 to 1.God I hate when they all talk at once. Joy goes to Aruba, stays in and watches CNN, what a numpty..lol

Edited by NeverLate
1 minute ago, DB in CMH said:

Ana worked extensively on the 2008 McCain campaign and I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times where she espoused very Republican views. I think she's more of a neoconservative than anything else, and that brand of Republicanism is certainly not in vogue right now. Ana is a victim of the purity tests that are ruining both sides of the spectrum - if you don't believe everything I believe, you are the enemy. But she is definitely a Republican. Her breaking point with Trump was the pussy comment - she lost it on CNN.

Back in the day, both parties had diversity of thought. Ana is fiscally conservative, but, liberal, in social issues.  

20 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Ana worked extensively on the 2008 McCain campaign, for Jon Huntsman in 2012 and Jeb! in 2016, and I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times where she espoused very Republican views. I think she's more of a neoconservative than anything else, and that brand of Republicanism is certainly not in vogue right now. Ana is a victim of the purity tests that are ruining both sides of the spectrum - if you don't believe everything I believe, you are the enemy. But she is definitely a Republican. Her breaking point with Trump was the pussy comment - she lost it on CNN.

Not only that, but when she was on this show, as a guest, right before the election, she said she would write in her mother's name on the ballot for November. From what I am reading today, it seems like Meghan thinks/believes that if you choose country over party, then you are not a "real" Republican. Does she lump her father in the same category? I recall being annoyed with Ana when she used to come on Real Time, but she's won me over because she is one of the sane and rare ones: choosing Country over Party.

15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ana is definitely a conservative. She just hasn't sold her soul to the Devil like McCain appears to have done, which is refreshing.

THIS.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
because "her" could be construed for Meghan, when I mean Ana.
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

MM:"I'm not a big fan of telling women what to do with their clothes",  just their bodies, I guess.

MM is never consistent with her arguments and just spouts party line sound bites like Elisabeth did. MM would never tell a woman what to wear - unless it is maternity wear. 

Drag her Ana! Draaaaaag her.

How can you guys stomach this vocal fried twit every week? Sunny and Ana made great points and she was having none of it. 

Now she's turning red. So glad I have today off to see MM get shunned to the kiddie table.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MM accusing other people of being partisan while at the same time asking Ana how she can consider herself a republican since she doesn’t think exactly the way Meghan does. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I have never seen someone talk out of both sides of their mouth so fluently. I think MM is trolling us and the panel at this point because there is no way she doesn’t see how incredibly ridiculous she is.

It’s nice to see Whoopi finally took the kid gloves off when dealing with the princess. She’s on her own now and it’s just a matter of time before she cries again. She’s a joke.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, hudsbee said:

MM is never consistent with her arguments and just spouts party line sound bites like Elisabeth did. MM would never tell a woman what to wear - unless it is maternity wear. 

Hmm, I thought she was consistent. Even after Ana said her piece, she wasn't red, and she asked another question. I think Whoopi had someone in her ear..just watched that part again, and Whoopi was a step late...

The deals, those icky bath products made me itch! Just saying..

How dare Meghan ask Ana how she still considers herself a Republican. What an entitled pos.  Ana owned the trustfund baby!!!

MM make everything personal all about her. Nobody said MM didn't love the military  ( we know you love them ,damn.) Joy and Ana were calling out the Republicans about shutting down something that would get the military folks their money , but self absorbed fragile Meggy made about herself STFU MM!!

As glorious as Ana's take down of MM was. Sunny sipping her drink was a thing of beauty as well , her eyes were laughing,  loved it.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Ana worked extensively on the 2008 McCain campaign, for Jon Huntsman in 2012 and Jeb! in 2016, and I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times where she espoused very Republican views. I think she's more of a neoconservative than anything else, and that brand of Republicanism is certainly not in vogue right now.

Yeah, she was a big Jeb Bush supporter and I agree, her "type" of conservatism isn't popular at the moment.

Hmmm. I want to give Meghan the benefit of the doubt because it's clear that she's only here to be pro Trump no matter what.  So it never really comes off as sincere when she talks and she gets overly emotional when someone disagrees with her. Maybe she is Pro Trump, I don't know, but I was hoping she'd do better once she finds her footing here. She was getting better. I know others don't feel this way, but I did see her getting better last week and I do think she does better when Joy moderates the table on Fridays.

Today wasn't good. I'm not sure if it's because Ana is there and she is feeling threatened for her job, but she it felt like she took several steps back. To say that Ana can't be a Republican is stupid, because she sits daily beside Sunny who is a conservative liberal. People are not going to be 100% for everything and for all of her hatred for labels and dividing people, she's doing it the most. It's unfortunate, but she's showing that Trump supporters don't support issues but pick sides and stop listening.

I want her to do better, because I don't want to see a stream of conservative people come and go on the show. But if they bring in Ana, then I think Meghan staying would be a good thing. Not because of what we saw today, but also because of what we saw today. There are different kinds of democrats and different kids of republicans so maybe it might help her do better.

But wow, even Whoopi wasn't having it today.

23 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Hmmm. I want to give Meghan the benefit of the doubt because it's clear that she's only here to be pro Trump no matter what.  So it never really comes off as sincere when she talks and she gets overly emotional when someone disagrees with her. Maybe she is Pro Trump, I don't know, but I was hoping she'd do better once she finds her footing here. She was getting better. I know others don't feel this way, but I did see her getting better last week and I do think she does better when Joy moderates the table on Fridays.

Today wasn't good. I'm not sure if it's because Ana is there and she is feeling threatened for her job, but she it felt like she took several steps back. To say that Ana can't be a Republican is stupid, because she sits daily beside Sunny who is a conservative liberal. People are not going to be 100% for everything and for all of her hatred for labels and dividing people, she's doing it the most. It's unfortunate, but she's showing that Trump supporters don't support issues but pick sides and stop listening.

I want her to do better, because I don't want to see a stream of conservative people come and go on the show. But if they bring in Ana, then I think Meghan staying would be a good thing. Not because of what we saw today, but also because of what we saw today. There are different kinds of democrats and different kids of republicans so maybe it might help her do better.

But wow, even Whoopi wasn't having it today.

The view encourages charged up moments, even Whoopi acting peeved is a moment. The view thrives on clips, this clip might go viral. But tptb know what they are doing, hence all the tweets and TV clips at the ready..MM was on! Ana was on! Whoopi was on. Joy and Sunny, zip..

18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She has had some rather strong words for Trump in the past, so her constant defense of him on this particular show is somewhat baffling.

I didn't hear her defend Trump, and I listened twice. Trump is the leader of her party, they sort of come as a team I suppose.

Edited by NeverLate
4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I didn't hear her defend Trump, and I listened twice. Trump is the leader of her party, they sort if come as a team I suppose.

I'm not saying that she straight-up came out and said that she's defending him but it's all in the context clues. That's just my interpretation of her arguments today but we can agree to disagree.

16 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Megan's empty head cannot understand that type of complexity. Everything is black and white with her. I think that she was shocked to learn last week that Sunny holds some conservative views, despite, being a liberal Democrat.  She is inauthentic and hollow. Her republicanism is just a gimmick, in my opinion.  She always genuflects to her team, no matter what. Even when she criticizes her team, it is about how it makes her look.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I know others don't feel this way, but I did see her getting better last week and I do think she does better when Joy moderates the table on Fridays.

I haven't noticed her getting better, but what do I know.  I just find that she's not very knowledgeable where she should be.  Her father was elected to the Senate in 1986, so one would think something got through.

2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I'm not saying that she straight-up came out and said that she's defending him but it's all in the context clues. That's just my interpretation of her arguments today but we can agree to disagree.

One can disagree with their Party's leader and still be a member of the Party and what it stands for. It is not an either or and thing. Or a "You're either with us or against us."

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

She has had some rather strong words for Trump in the past, so her constant defense of him on this particular show is somewhat baffling.

I see that a lot on FB and Twitter. Someone claims to be independent or a non-POS follower but all they do is slam liberals and democrats in the same way the Meghans/POS followers of the country do. They’re transparent as fuck and they’re not nearly as clever as they think they are.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

One can disagree with their Party's leader and still be a member of the Party and what it stands for. It is not an either or and thing. Or a "You're either with us or against us."

Absolutely, 100% agree.

It always makes me laugh when Joy cracks herself up heeee funny.  Ana, you go girl! ...and go, and go, and go.....to that last chair on the right!  She was on fire. I think this was MM's worst show to date and Im sure we'll hear about it 'I'm always the bad guy', etc etc ....over it!

I tune in because of MM, once she is gone and it's back to Pablum TV, I'm gone..

12 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Holy Shit! I need Sara to come back. Watching MM today was painful as fuck. She refused to even let a word flow from Joy. MM needs to be fired ala split screen. 

I heard Joy, talking about the prostitute again.,yawn.

We need a petition to get MM off the show.  Today she was belligerent from the get go.  Apparently a member of the audience yelled something and MM immediately took that as a personal affront.  We were about three minutes into the show at that point, and she just got worse until she was finally shut down. Surly, belligerent and just all around nasty is Meghan McCain.

1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

I noticed MM made  BIG point of calling him 'President' Trump

Ana is a Nicaraguan-American whose parents were refugees to Miami, and that demographic skews Republican. It seems like ancient history, but the George W. Bush campaign went after the Latino vote; Jeb Bush would do press conferences in Spanish. But Ana is a different kind of Republican, and MM can't grasp that for some reason. The View is a *discussion* show, and she thinks she's on Crossfire.

Edited because I was wrong about Ana's country of origin - thank you maggiemae for the correction

Edited by JakeyJokes