Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/22/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

56 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no interest in seeing MM stick around in the hopes that she'll do better. 

Me neither.  She has an annoying valley girl accent, no sense of humor, crappy personality, uninformed,  How will she do better?  That's who she is - no fixing it.

1 hour ago, DebbieM4 said:

Ana is articulate, can hold her own, and has the ability to express her opinions and become emotional without turning into a nasty, childish shrew. 

And that's how a mature, intelligent woman behaves.

• Love 18

And Meghan and Sippy are still missing the point. It's not that Trump was or was not messing around with another woman, it's that she was paid hush money to not talk!  (And in Clinton's case it was the lie, not the act.). If campaign money was used, that's really bad. If it was his or his attorney's money?  Well, that begs the question why Trump was allowing himself to be open to blackmail.

I hope this isn't outside the bounds of what's allowed here. It just really bugs that these women on the View are so clueless!

• Love 17

Hey gals, is Sippy Cup our new name for MM....oh I laughed so hard, I spit out all my gin and tonic from my big girl pants baby bottle, you all made my day. Thank you thank you thank you....keep on sipping chubby cups, you will be gone soon....

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And Meghan and Sippy are still missing the point. It's not that Trump was or was not messing around with another woman, it's that she was paid hush money to not talk!  (And in Clinton's case it was the lie, not the act.). If campaign money was used, that's really bad. If it was his or his attorney's money?  Well, that begs the question why Trump was allowing himself to be open to blackmail.

I hope this isn't outside the bounds of what's allowed here. It just really bugs that these women on the View are so clueless!

PREACH!!!!!

4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey gals, is Sippy Cup our new name for MM....oh I laughed so hard, I spit out all my gin and tonic from my big girl pants baby bottle, you all made my day. Thank you thank you thank you....keep on sipping chubby cups, you will be gone soon....

No. It was a name coined for her from our TWoP days.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think with Clinton it was the lying and the act, the abuse of power while in the WH..the girls tried to get that across I thought, I hope its not about the bounds as well, it was after all on the view, wasn't it?? I found Joy being flustered today, as in not prepared, and MM was very comfortable

Yay, we got two days of Joy as the moderator! But of course every time you win with The View, you also have to lose, which is why we got Carlson and Cupp to stink up the place. If they can't have Sara, they should bring Ana on three days out of the week at least.

Oy vey, Sippy Cupp went straight to the Clintons, what a trainwreck. No surprise she and Meghan are friends. Hopefully they’ll finally get a show they can regularly host together and go far away from The View.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I ??????? at Sunny’s deadpan delivery of how 45 “unequivocally denies” a relationship with Stormy and how ABC couldn’t confirm it. Her expression was priceless!

Oh, and Meghan? Just because Nixon gave the order to his Attorney General to fire the Special Prosecutor, doesn’t mean he was allowed to do that. He refused and resigned, as did the Assistant AG. Then he got Bork to do it and a court ruled the order was illegal and within a few months, Articles of Impeachment were issued and Nixon resigned. I’m surprised you didn’t know this since you stated your hubby is a “political prodigy” and you guys talk...about this subject. Hmmm...Look up the “Saturday Massacre” why don’t you?????

I guess those conversations are as non-existent as the many “friends” of all persuasions she invents on the fly. And, yes, Sunny is a gem.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

No, Sippy Cupp is S E Cupp.

Does anyone know when Sara is coming back?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

whoops, thanks gals....GOOD ONE -- God I hate her...not as much as MM, but whoa, another blond fart for Fox...but I will say that she is better than most, for real. I was thinking you all were calling MM sippy cup because she is always taking her big girl drinks after she is shot down. Sorry. Whaaaaaaa! Love you gals/guys too!

• Love 6

I watch a lot of HLN, but have purposely missed Sippy Cupp based on her commercials. There's something about her delivery I don't like, and today's show hit it on the head for me when she complained about James Franco and Casey Affleck not showing up at awards shows during #TIMESUP. She's just way too dramatic. "The least they can do...the LEAST they can do is show up." Why, so they can get hammered by the court of social media again? Calm down, Sippy. Of course, she's yet another of Meg's BFFs to show up on The View, so why is Meg still feel like she's outside her conservative bubble? She's got a BFF showing up every week on the panel!

• Love 11
On 1/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, backformore said:

Actually, the laws vary widely by state.  In Illinois for example, yes, you can decide to homeschool your kids, and there is no required program, just very general guidelines.   Yes, some people purchase a curriculum, or do a co-op with other parents where they teach their specialties, and do field trips, library study groups, etc.   But others pull their kids out of school for behavioral concerns, or the kid refuses to attend, or even because the parents want an older kid to stay at home to babysit.  At a previous job, I was aware of kids whose "homeschooling"  was absolutely nothing, just that the parents were tired of getting phone calls from the school that their kids were acting up.  

There's no oversight, you can just tell the school you are homeschooling, and that's all that's needed.    There are also some religious communities where parents are encouraged to homeschool to "protect"  kids from learning that nasty science stuff like evolution, creation of the universe, anything that contradicts the strict bible teachings. 

My aunt homeschooled her three sons in NC. One son was completely homeschooled and the others went to private school. It was for religious reasons, not money reasons(her husband was from a rich family). She just had to file reports while homeschooling. Her sons graduated from college and were successful so it was homeschooling done right. Homeschooling, like any system, can be used by bad parents because there is no follow-up from anyone. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh STFU, SIPPY CUPP!????

Monica Lewiinsky was NOT “destroyed.” Someone did interview her: Bawawa Walters did and unlike Stormy, wasn’t prohibited by a non disclosure agreement and referred to President Clinton as her “sexual soulmate.”????And I only know this because ABC kept playing that clip. She did a round of appearances.  So stop with the false equivalency already

This! Not saying that Monica had it easy, but she was never forbidden from telling her side of her story. Here's the thing, as a bleeding heart liberal, I was always on Monica's side. Shocker, right? I mean, liberals always forgive the Clintons, right?

Monica had several interviews in the mainstream media describing how she had sex with a powerful married man, and she always indicated that it consensual. I think Bill got off pretty easy, but I think enough of us believed and felt bad for Monica. She was young and got entangled with an older, powerful man. I don't remember anyone trying to destroy her.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

No, Sippy Cupp is S E Cupp.

Does anyone know when Sara is coming back?

I thought it was next week, with hope Sunny needed a looong vacation, but now I'm not sure when she's back..

1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

This! Not saying that Monica had it easy, but she was never forbidden from telling her side of her story. Here's the thing, as a bleeding heart liberal, I was always on Monica's side. Shocker, right? I mean, liberals always forgive the Clintons, right?

Monica had several interviews in the mainstream media describing how she had sex with a powerful married man, and she always indicated that it consensual. I think Bill got off pretty easy, but I think enough of us believed and felt bad for Monica. She was young and got entangled with an older, powerful man. I don't remember anyone trying to destroy her.

Never mind...

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

I watch a lot of HLN, but have purposely missed Sippy Cupp based on her commercials. There's something about her delivery I don't like, and today's show hit it on the head for me when she complained about James Franco and Casey Affleck not showing up at awards shows during #TIMESUP. She's just way too dramatic. "The least they can do...the LEAST they can do is show up." Why, so they can get hammered by the court of social media again? Calm down, Sippy. Of course, she's yet another of Meg's BFFs to show up on The View, so why is Meg still feel like she's outside her conservative bubble? She's got a BFF showing up every week on the panel!

I liked that about it, she reminded me of a nicer less snarky Joy.. Anyway, I'm going to see if I can see more of Sarah Cupp..:)

• Love 2

Well one thing about Cupp is she could chat well with the co-hosts about non-political issues, MM can't. But I did love when right after MM said they were besties the conversation was changed and she glared and sipped her own cup.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh and didn't she have a handbag line? Or am I confusing her with a Washington Housewife? 

Later, yes, she did...

MM said the were besties the conversation was changed and she glared and sipped her own cup.

These girls have fun together, you could tell. Lots of sex!! LOL..

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't expect famous people to be perfect people. I don't care if someone is unfaithful as long as it's not hurting this country or someone I love. I had no problem as a citizen when Clinton/Lewinsky happened (if I had been Hillary, I would have gelded him, but that's beside the point).

I agree with you, HALETH, Meghan and Sippy are barking up the wrong tree, whether it's intentionally obfuscating or not. Trump's sexual behavior is between him and Melania. (I just threw up a little in my mouth.) But when and if he uses public or political funding to pay hush money, then it becomes a problem.

Also -- look at the old Profumo scandal in Britain. A Cabinet member was sleeping with a model/call girl named Christine Keeler in the early 1960s. Meh. Except she was also sleeping with a Russian envoy who was probably a spy. The possible breach of security brought down the Prime Minister, and later his administration. That's what we can't have in this country -- opening up the office of the President to possible blackmail. Screw sexual morality, it's a big nothingburger. The moral ramifications are nothing compared to the security and legal ramifications. Look at the big picture, Ladies of The View!

• Love 22
16 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

We saw interviews with her sporadically over the years.  She and we were never allowed to forget.  I do consider her a little stalker...very experienced.   A high school teacher AND a college instructor both had difficulties (affairs) with her.   As far as "consensual," with President Clinton, I think she pursued and he consented.   He was the more stupid of the two.

Edited by Former Nun
Added: (affairs)
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Right.  They equated the two situations, and miss the most important element - paying someone to be quiet.   I adore Joy, but there were years that I was impatient with her constantly making "Lewinsky" jokes, referring to oral sex as "Lewinsky", long after the whole scandal was over.  I really don't want her to spend the next decade making "Stormy" jokes now.   they did discuss how Stormy has some kind of NDA barring her from talking about it, but really?  So what if she talks?  If she gets sued by trump's lawyer for violating an NDA, doesn't that PROVE the scandal they're trying to deny?  I wish they pushed the envelope on that topic just a bit more.  

In the intro to the show, the announcer said that one of Meghan's best friends was on to "back her up."   I really hate that.  This isn't congress, we don't need to have democrats and republicans equally represented so there can be a political debate.   I hate the supposition that S.E. Cupp will "back up"  Meghan, like she MUST agree with everything Meghan says.  

• Love 16
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh STFU, SIPPY CUPP!????

Monica Lewiinsky was NOT “destroyed.” Someone did interview her: Bawawa Walters did and unlike Stormy, wasn’t prohibited by a non disclosure agreement and referred to President Clinton as her “sexual soulmate.”????And I only know this because ABC kept playing that clip. She did a round of appearances.  So stop with the false equivalency already.

I ??????? at Sunny’s deadpan delivery of how 45 “unequivocally denies” a relationship with Stormy and how ABC couldn’t confirm it. Her expression was priceless!

Oh, and Meghan? Just because Nixon gave the order to his Attorney General to fire the Special Prosecutor, doesn’t mean he was allowed to do that. He refused and resigned, as did the Assistant AG. Then he got Bork to do it and a court ruled the order was illegal and within a few months, Articles of Impeachment were issued and Nixon resigned. I’m surprised you didn’t know this since you stated your hubby is a “political prodigy” and you guys talk...about this subject. Hmmm...Look up the “Saturday Massacre” why don’t you?????

Aly is a HERO.

Monica has written articles for Vanity Fair in which she talked about being unable to find a job after graduating from the London School of Economics. Barbara Walters often spoke about how Monica took the most heat and ridicule from the public, and how she was unable to escape from it. Even David Letterman apologized for being so brutal to her, constantly mocking her. 

• Love 10

Of course when the topic is about Trump and his “alleged” trangressions, it’s vital to pivot to anything related to the Clintons... ? As Sunny said to Sippy Cupp, Clinton is not our president yet Sippy insisted it was somehow relevant some two decades later.

Sippy Cupp and Elsa were missing the point. As many of you have already noted, it’s the hush money aspect which separates Lewinsky from Daniels. Also, I love when they talk about legal ramifications and Sunny breaks it down lawyer style for us.

Two days in a row with Joy as moderator? Love it! ?

• Love 18
12 hours ago, backformore said:

So what if she talks?  If she gets sued by trump's lawyer for violating an NDA, doesn't that PROVE the scandal they're trying to deny? 

I think the penalty for disclosure is what they wanted to find out.  It might be worth Stormy Daniels' while ($$$) to disclose and pay whatever is in the contract.

• Love 2

That was one thing I wish Sunny had explained better. A NDA is only as threatening in as much as you could be sued for breaking it.

For example, if Stormy can be sued by Trump for say a half a million, but she can sell her story for millions than the NDA doesn't really matter. 

What I can't get over is the outrageously low number for her silence. If I had enough info that was worth an NDA, I would of got a hell of a lot more money.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't expect famous people to be perfect people. I don't care if someone is unfaithful as long as it's not hurting this country or someone I love. I had no problem as a citizen when Clinton/Lewinsky happened (if I had been Hillary, I would have gelded him, but that's beside the point).

I agree with you, HALETH, Meghan and Sippy are barking up the wrong tree, whether it's intentionally obfuscating or not. Trump's sexual behavior is between him and Melania. (I just threw up a little in my mouth.) But when and if he uses public or political funding to pay hush money, then it becomes a problem.

Also -- look at the old Profumo scandal in Britain. A Cabinet member was sleeping with a model/call girl named Christine Keeler in the early 1960s. Meh. Except she was also sleeping with a Russian envoy who was probably a spy. The possible breach of security brought down the Prime Minister, and later his administration. That's what we can't have in this country -- opening up the office of the President to possible blackmail. Screw sexual morality, it's a big nothingburger. The moral ramifications are nothing compared to the security and legal ramifications. Look at the big picture, Ladies of The View!

I saw that on The Crown.  Prince Phillip was even suspected to  be involved.  And a man committed suicide over the allegations.  

22 hours ago, Former Nun said:

We saw interviews with her sporadically over the years.  She and we were never allowed to forget.  I do consider her a little stalker...very experienced.   A high school teacher AND a college instructor both had difficulties (affairs) with her.   As far as "consensual," with President Clinton, I think she pursued and he consented.   He was the more stupid of the two.

He was thinking with the wrong head.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JBC344 said:

For example, if Stormy can be sued by Trump for say a half a million, but she can sell her story for millions than the NDA doesn't really matter. 

The thing is, trump suing her for breaking the NDA would validate her story anyway.  that's what I meant by "so what if she talks?" 

• Love 9

Something that bugged me about the breast cancer/mammogram discussion -  the urging for women of all ages to get a mammogram.  NO, the guideline is for women 45 and older, unless there are specific risk factors.  And you can't just "get a mammogram."  You have to have a doctor's order. And then talking about a genetic test for breast cancer risk factors (BRCA)  and how everyone should get that test.   Again, NO.  women who are concerned should see their doctors, who will determine the need  for genetic tests.  

There are women who freak out about every little thing, who will go into a panic because a tv show says you HAVE to get these tests.   But there are guidelines, and the insurance companies are not in the business of doing genetic testing without a reason.  The View should urge women to see their doctors and ask which tests are appropriate, NOT make blanket statements about getting BRCA and mammograms.

Another thing to consider is the confidentiality of your at-risk information.  I hope we never go back to the days that a pre-existing condition means you can't get insurance, but it is a possibility.  I wouldn't want a medical record that reflects that my genetic testing says I will get cancer.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

He was thinking with the wrong head.

This is pretty much what it comes down to - Clinton being perverted, horny and well, stupid. BUT... I do believe Lewinsky herself admitted that this wasn’t her first rodeo; that she had actively sought out another married man before Clinton. Not blaming her but I think it’s an interesting tidbit of information. I don’t know, the entire situation was all-around unfortunate but avoidable.

At any rate, I’m not sure what the point would be, bringing Lewinsky on The View as Sippy suggested. This was already discussed and dissected ad nauseam in the 90s - early 2000s. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, backformore said:

The thing is, trump suing her for breaking the NDA would validate her story anyway.  that's what I meant by "so what if she talks?" 

Oh, I fully understand what you were saying. I was speaking more to the fact that someone at the table asked Sunny about NDR's and she was sort of going through the ramifications of breaking it, but didn't mention the other factors. 

You don't need a prescription or referral if you meet the mammogram age guidelines. A testing facility isn't required to accept patients who do not have a prescription or do not have a current primary care physician to receive the report.   There used to be a mobile mammogram in my area where women could get low-cost exams without referrals.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

This is pretty much what it comes down to - Clinton being perverted, horny and well, stupid

I disagree that he was perverted, but horny, stupid in this matter? Yes. And that will be the last I speak on this. Stupid SIPPY CUPP.????

• Love 4
On 1/23/2018 at 4:03 PM, NeverLate said:

Its always easier to work with like minded people, always has been,,

Easier, yes.

But this is The View, which has had women with different viewpoints from the very beginning.  Surely MM was aware of that before taking the job.  She couldn't possibly have thought these women were all going to consistently agree with her and feel the same way she does.   She looks ridiculous when she complains now about how hard it is.   (Poor baby.  She has no idea what it's like to have a hard job.  Or to have to stick it out because there are bills to pay.)

I also think that, in general, although it's easier to work with like-minded people, we all can learn quite a lot by spending time with people who think differently than we do.  In my work experience, I've worked closely with people I never would have met another way.  Open dialogue and an open mind can be very educational.  I've become more aware of some issues and I've changed my mind on some.  In any case, I think we should all welcome the opportunity to be exposed to people who are not like us, who do not share similar backgrounds, and who are not completely like-minded.  What a boring world it would be if everyone thought the same!

I think a lot of the problem is that MM's life has been "easy" and filled with "like-minded people".  She's foolish if she wants to remain in that type of cocoon, which apparently she does, but of course that's her choice.  She can't deal with different viewpoints without becoming bitchy & disrespectful or resorting to tears & pouting, so clearly she is not well-suited for this show.

• Love 13
On 1/25/2018 at 11:34 AM, Bronzedog said:

Gretchen Carlson is certainly fond of herself.  And, MM, who is becoming insufferable to me, always interrupts with, "just let me say" or "just one thing" like whatever the other person is in the middle of saying couldn't possibly be as important as her thought.  Rude bitch.

I agree.  She is insufferable and without a doubt she is a rude bitch.  Not even occasionally.  Often.  She also has a stick up her butt, and doesn't seem as though she would be a fun person on any level ever, no matter how many times she tells us how much fun she is to hang out with.   So self-righteous, so unwilling to come out of her own bubble or even to acknowledge that there's a whole world out there beyond what she knows.  It's The World According to Meghan, and she has neither time nor patience for anyone with a different backstory or point of view.

What I can't get past most of all is her complete lack of respect - for her cohosts who all have more life experience than she does and actually were around to witness some of the history that she claims to know so much about.  And for guests on the show.  She really does seem to believe that she's superior to one and all.  John McCain comes across as someone with decent manners and a good dose of humility.  It's a shame that neither of those were passed down to his daughter.

• Love 10