Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/22/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Scheduled guests for the week of January 22—26 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, January 22: Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, January 23: Ann Curry guest co-hosts; models Bobby Elliot Roaché, Jason Fedele and Josh Ardolf joined by New York Times reporter Jacob Bernstein discuss allegations of sexual exploitation against noted fashion photographers. (The only day with actual scheduled guests outside of guest co-hosts)

Wednesday, January 24: La La Anthony guest co-hosts, Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, January 25 – Gretchen Carlson guest co-hosts; Day of Hot Topics

Friday, January 26: S.E. Cupp guest co-hosts; Day of Hot Topics

Source: ABC News (They moved the "The View" show page from the regular ABC site to the ABC News site)

Too bad there are no movies, books, or music coming out for anyone to promote.  Not even any ABC shows.  That must be why there are no guests to book, right?  

I guess even Mario Cantone is unwilling to show up anymore.

• Love 1

Ana again?! I love her but if you are still doubting that they are auditioning new co-hosts, you may be slightly delusional. Be honest. I cannot recall any recent co-host who has been on more than Ana Navarro.

2 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

S.E. Cupp - ugh. More obfuscation, straw men and lies.

Her show on HLN sucks. And I like S.E. Cupp. ??‍♀️

Edited by lexytheblasian

I saw an episode of S.E. Cupp's HLN show the day after John Oliver called out Dustin Hoffman and she did a very good job moderating (but that's the only time I've ever watched her show). Gretchen Carlson will be interesting. Jacob Bernstein is the son of the late Nora Ephron; he probably knows Joy outside of the show.

I think the guest co-hosts are doing double duty: Filling in for Sara and having a low-key audition.

Remember that Ana was on a few times when they were looking for a conservative voice at the table, and they decided on someone else (maybe Jedidiah?). I think S.E. Cupp was in the running, too.

Ana is very opinionated when it comes to Trump, and I have to try to imagine what she would be like on the opposite side of things. Does she give reasons for her opinions? Does she get defensive if someone disagrees with her? These are the things I want to know about a potential conservative co-host. Right now I adore Ana, but I have to remember that she is a conservative, albeit one who is very against the current regime.

I have not been impressed with S.E. Cupp on any show that she is on,  especially Bill Maher. She just doesn't have anything significant to say., nor did she seem comfortable on a panel where others question her statements.   Plus, what is Cupp's background?  Did she ever actually have another profession, besides tv?  I ll have to look her up.  We've really learned what kind of person NOT to hire from Jed and MM.   Jed seemed opportinistic/suck up  to me and MM is a just a nasty person--does anyone else act that way on tv, even on Faux shows? I haven't seen it since Bitsy. 

Lets get someone new who is really strong and smart and personable, with a real professional career from which to bring informed opinions......Ana?  YNB? 

Edited by Tosia
Snow delay here. Enjoying coffee in bed.
10 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I have not been impressed with S.E. Cupp on any show that she is on,  especially Bill Maher. She just doesn't have anything significant to say., nor did she seem comfortable on a panel where others question her statements.   Plus, what is Cupp's background?  Did she ever actually have another profession, besides tv?  I ll have to look her up.  We've really learned what kind of person NOT to hire from Jed and MM.   Jed seemed opportinistic/suck up  to me and MM is a just a nasty person--does anyone else act that way on tv, even on Faux shows? I haven't seen it since Bitsy. 

Lets get someone new who is really strong and smart and personable, with a real professional career from which to bring informed opinions......Ana?  YNB? 

That's assuming they want someone you describe in your last sentence. Maybe they want someone to come in and set our teeth on edge. We are still talking about it!  That could be their goal - to keep things off kilter and even hate talk is better than no talk. Of course they could go with someone to add to the show and keep/get viewers but maybe those young producers are not thinking that way. 

12 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Too bad Ann Curry won't actually say anything about the Matt Lauer/NBC situation.

I agree.  That is the only reason why anyone would want to watch her.  I have no idea what she is doing now and I didn't like her on Today.  

6 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

S.E. Cupp is a good friend of Meghan McCain not looking forward to someon agreeing with her the whole hour.

Ana is too in MM'S eyes so maybe Cupp won't support her blind defence Trump and  the GOP. 

1 hour ago, Wings said:

I agree.  That is the only reason why anyone would want to watch her.  I have no idea what she is doing now and I didn't like her on Today. 

She has a new show on PBS.

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That's assuming they want someone you describe in your last sentence. Maybe they want someone to come in and set our teeth on edge. We are still talking about it!  That could be their goal - to keep things off kilter and even hate talk is better than no talk. Of course they could go with someone to add to the show and keep/get viewers but maybe those young producers are not thinking that way. 

I was hoping that the negative-hate talk had run its course with those angry Housewive shows and trashy reality shows, and that news/talk shows were becoming more of civil discourse with humor. I can dream.

Even, even, even with a conservative voice, wouldn't they want someone who was more informed and able to speak coherently?  MM  does not have the knowledge base,  and  thereby, is such a piss-poor representative. She's not doing her BFF's and party any favors, IMHO. 

Theyneed to even up the "fighting" if they have to have it, with someone who can spar with Joy more equitably, i.e.  a formidable opponent (tm Colbert). ;)

Meghan is at her shrewiest today.  Can we please get her off this show???  I guess since the camera pans to her all the times she has a sour look, guess they think that's what we want to see.  Wrong.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Wow, Meghan just questioned why Ana still calls herself a Republican. Just wow. Oh well, Ana ripped her a new one. ???‍♀️

And what a beautiful sight that was to behold!!!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

MM is losing her mind and I am HERE FOR IT!  

Yasssss! Did you see Sunny quietly sipping her tea? 

Meghan’s face is SO red right now. She must need something to cure that serious burn. ?

Edited by lexytheblasian

MM is such an asshole. Glad Whoopi shut her down, quite forcibly, I might add. That’s the Whoopi I need lol. 

Eta:  Ana too. Hilarious. MM just sat there, quiet for the next 3 minutes. She is a real piece of nasty work. Ugh.

Edited by whydoiwatchtv
  • Love 1

MM looks so clueless, so stupid, so narrow-minded, sitting on the same panel with Ana - I could go on and on, but you get the picture ?.  Can TPTB at The View seriously not see what an asset Ana is to the show?  I'm a Dem, and even I'd tune in every day, just to see and hear that woman.   Which is the total opposite of what I do with MM there; I listen to Hot Topics, then, if Her Highness is in an especially pissy mood, I change the channel, because - unlike Joy and Sunny - I don't have to listen to her BS if I don't want to.  Click.

• Love 1

That was glorious. Meghan really put her foot in it, asking why DACA was so important to Republican Ana. And now she's pouting. She didn't say a word in the next segment.  Just messed with her blue cards. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

And now she's pouting. She didn't say a word in the next segment.  Just messed with her blue cards. 

Overgrown entitled trust fund baby.  How ironic it is that she calls herself strong and fierce, when just like tRump, she's had everything basically dropped in her lap her entire life.  She has no clue how the other 99% live or how to really take care of herself, either physically or verbally.  MM's motto should be, "When in doubt, pout".

• Love 1
Just now, Ladyrain said:

Overgrown entitled trust fund baby.  How ironic it is that she calls herself strong and fierce, when just like tRump, she's had everything basically dropped in her lap her entire life.  She has no clue how the other 99% live or how to really take care of herself, either physically or verbally.  MM's motto should be, "When in doubt, pout".

She needs to go. I find her more repulsive than Elizabeth..

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That was glorious. Meghan really put her foot in it, asking why DACA was so important to Republican Ana. And now she's pouting. She didn't say a word in the next segment.  Just messed with her blue cards. 

Or the next segment.  Poor wee precious ... she's pouting!!!

Just now, lexytheblasian said:

And she needs to STOP bringing her father up in every conversation! My God!

You know what I would love? If next time she does that, someone responds with "Yeah, we know your father did something with his life, but what have you done that's so important? Why are you here?"

• Love 2
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

It was glorious, as was Meghan’s silence and red face afterwards.

Ana did not give a damn either. She was more vociferous in her attacks on that abhorrent commercial.. That smackdown of Elsa was epic. Go Ana!  I loved Sunny sipping her cup, as Megan seethed and reddened with rage..

You know what I love?  How uncomfortable MM is at the table (every day) and how totally at home Ana is there.  Completely at ease, laughing and chit-chatting with a bunch of girlfriends, just like The View was intended to be.  This show is not in any way, shape or form the right fit for blondie.  Either she knows everyone is the room cannot stand her, or she feels she's so far above them all that she can't even bother to be civil. 

4 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

MM:"I'm not a big fan of telling women what to do with their clothes",  just their bodies, I guess.

!!!!!!!  You're on fire!!!   Loving it!!!

Omg fireworks. I agree with Whoopi, they close everything up, and still get paid. No way is Ana a Republican, no way. I agreed with her though, and I agreed with Meghan. Thankyou Whoopi for shutting them up!lol

Oh and Joy in a huff threw down her card with her talking points on it.ROFL!i

Ana lipstick is butt ugly, gawd!