Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: It's Not About The Pasta

• Start Topic

This board is part of the reason I LOVE this show!  I knew I wouldn't be disappointed this morning when I logged in and boom already at 2 pages!  

There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said here.  Someone earlier mentioned Raquel's face during that convo with James and Logan - it was hilarious!  We need a meme of that moment.  And I'd have to agree that James and Logan has (as Kristen puts it next week) dipped into the "penis pond" together.

I too rolled my damn eyes so hard when Jax asked why doesn't anyone ask how he is feeling?  Really Jax?

And I totally agree with whoever said that Brittany could hold her own on this show without Jax.  

THIS TITLE!!!! Damn. I was cracking up so hard. I've never seen such a heated fight about a plate of pasta! 

And James has more chemistry with Logan than his boring-ass girlfriend, Raquel. I would not be surprised if some drunk shennanigans have happened there. 

Scheana needs to stop right now with blaming the girls for her problems with Rob. Not only is it true that SHE did the very same thing to Katie, by telling about Schwartz's kiss, but if Scheana and Rob were "literally perfect", a stupid little rumor (it ain't a rumor) couldn't shake them. Truth is, she seems to be hanging on by a thread and is terrified of being alone again. She is way too dependent on relationships for validation. 

Jax continues to be gross. Whining that "after the whole cheating thing with Brittany, no one has asked me how I'M doing". Ummmm, why would they? But damn, two seconds of attention from the Reiki teacher and he feels all special. Run, Kelsey, run!!!

Stassis is dead on, though. Jax is doing the BARE minimum to keep Brittany. And that's good enough for her. Who is raising these women that they think this shit is acceptable??? 

Oh, that's right - Tammy Faye Lite, who shows up at the end of the episode. She'll make it all right. *rolls eyes* Worth it, though, for the the look on Jax's face. 

Why am I not surprised that Kristen tracks Carter? 

This show is becoming difficult to watch. As much as everyone claims these shows are "fake" and everyone is in on it, we've seen other reality stars spiral out of control when they get lost in fame and can't handle things (Bravo has a history of not interceding when people seem clearly unfit). Last week's episode was particularly uncomfortable when Tom (as an odd choice for voice of reason) tried to diffuse a situation at the party that was getting out of control. Namely, the girls got drunk and angry and decided to play a message in public. The level of anger, yelling, violence and the general mob mentality of the group was jarring, particularly given what's currently going on in Hollywood. Then this week we get Scheana. While I've never been a fan of hers, that doesn't mean I want her to be sick and unhealthy. She clearly has an eating disorder and needs an intervention. At the very least she needs time away from the show, with real family and friends who can support her. She clearly isn't in the right mental state to handle the verbal and emotional abuse (either real or pretend) that this show thrives on. It's just sad to see. As much fun as we get out of these guilty pleasures, it should worry people that Bravo continues to film and make money off of people who are mentally not well. You would have thought after one Real Housewives' husband committed suicide that they'd be more sensitive, but we've seen other Housewives appear on screen who were known substance abusers. It's just sad, and not appropriate and not good television. I don't want to watch an anorexic woman start pulling her hair out and peeling scabs off her body. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

And speaking of pasta, why would Lisa go through the trouble of getting Scheana a plate of pasta and not bringing her a fork?  Or, when at SUR, is penne supposed to be eaten with your fingers??

It wasn't pasta.  It was a croissant sandwich and fries.

10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Kristen bringing in Mama Frosted Pink Lip Stick!  Delicious! 

Kristen is the queen of flying in surprise guests, with the ultimate goal of breaking up a relationship. 

10 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Why do these people care so much about Sheana and Rob? Don't they have enough going on in their pathetic lives? ;-)

The only person I see caring about Scheana and Rob is Scheana. (Rob certainly don't care.) SHE kept bringing it up, and then getting pissed that people were talking about it. 

9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I’m tempted to start saying “It’s not about the pasta!!!!” In varying situations, just to smoke out who around me is a closet VPR watcher. It’s like saying a Dorinda-ism. If you know it, you’re gonna laugh and give a knowing nod of recognition.

Oh, it's gonna catch on! I've been shouting it at my kids all morning. And now my 9-year-old just said, "It's not about the pasta! Clip!" 

#raisingthemright

8 hours ago, rho said:

I know it was the most scripted bit this show has ever done, but it was cute to see Brittney flirting with the bartender. I really think this show would improve greatly if she was single. And losing Jax from the main cast wouldn't hurt either.

I agree 100%. She was so uplifted by those mere 5 minutes. She's a sweet girl, but Jax brings her down. She needs to stand on her own two feet and have some fun. 

7 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

She married a guy who can't put on a fucking facemask!!! *sigh I can't

In defense of Tom, he's not an engineer.

• Love 2

I wonder if Jax breaking down has more to do with his father battling cancer. I want to give benefit of the doubt by thinking he means with all the cheating shii going on no one has asked about how hr is dealing with his dad. Idk 

Scheana is a sad woman and i hope Shay is watching this giggling. She took so much pleasute in letting him know wjo she moved on to and belittling him this season. KARMA.

I love Lisa is pretty much saying Schartzy is too old for his dumb act, because Katie is still charmed by it.

1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

And speaking of pasta, why would Lisa go through the trouble of getting Scheana a plate of pasta and not bringing her a fork?  Or, when at SUR, is penne supposed to be eaten with your fingers??

LOL she was eating French fries!  It was supposedly the missing "Croissandwich" order that Katie was asking the kitchen about. 

5 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

LOL she was eating French fries!  It was supposedly the missing "Croissandwich" order that Katie was asking the kitchen about. 

As Lisa was leaving the kitchen with it she said "I'm stealing someone's lunch!". I hope Katie's table didn't have to wait too long for a new one.

Brittany's mom looked thinner. Especially in the face. I didn't watch the Kentucky spinoff, so maybe she was thinner then. But she must've not liked her puffiness from last season. She looks a lot younger in the streamlined version.

11 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Brittany's mom looked thinner. Especially in the face. I didn't watch the Kentucky spinoff, so maybe she was thinner then. But she must've not liked her puffiness from last season. She looks a lot younger in the streamlined version.

She actually seemed kind of toned down as well, dressed in black. But I'll reserve commenting til I see that face. 

22 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Yes! I was going to mention that she looked thinner and that she had perhaps had some "work" done or something?  She wasn't wearing the frosted lipstick, so that was definitely an improvement. 

26 minutes ago, worleybird said:

And in the preview with Lisa she wasnt wearing frosty pink lipstick

• Love 1

Scheana's emaciated body and super huge alien head are freaking me out. Girl is unraveling before our eyes. 

Why does Kristin keep saying that Brittney is the best thing that has ever happened to the "group"? Ok, Kristin, if you, the eternal voice of reason says it, it must be true.  Brittney drinks too much just like the rest of them and is hanging on to Jax for dear life because she wants the TV fame right now. Maybe next season she will feel more confident in her future and she, Stassi and Scheana can get an apt. together since they will all be single! That way she will be able to stay on the show which is all she really wants anyway. 

Schwartz continues to do nothing but drink, he passes out and doesn't come home but it's all ok with Katie now because he passed out at Sandoval's?

Lala is beautiful. Too bad my skin crawls every time she opens her nasty mouth. 

54 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Yes! I was going to mention that she looked thinner and that she had perhaps had some "work" done or something?  She wasn't wearing the frosted lipstick, so that was definitely an improvement. 

I guess seeing yourself on TV can put your look on blast. Good for her for recognizing she needed to bring herself in to the 21st century. 

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

I still don't understand why James went so ballistic on LaLa about the pasta.  Was it the alcohol???  I could not follow that conversation/attack.

That was confusing.  It seems as if Racquel offered Lala and Logan some of her pasta. But they ended up eating all of it. They didn't ask R if they could finish it off. So maybe R was a little miffed. At the chicken & waffle restaurant, Lala was mocking R for reacting that way, instead of just laughing it off. James didn't appreciate Lala disrespecting R in this way. 

10 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Like ATM-Machines and PIN-Number.  Automatic Teller Machine Machine and Personal Identification Number Number.

My pet peeves! Drives me crazy!

10 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Then she has to talk to poor Scheana.  I really hate how her name is spelled, btw.    

I hate both the name and the way she spells it!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Mom could pass for Brittany's sister. After Brittany and Jax breakup (ha!) they could go out together and compete for the same guys.

I’m sure Mama Former Frosty Lips* would be stoked to hear you say that! She’s always been super supportive of the Jax relationship so you know she’s got great taste in men, not to mention a good motherly instinct on that front.

*(I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Sandoval—hi, Sandoval!—had mentioned that her lipstick was a frequent point of conversation here and elsewhere online.)

Edited by ivygirl
12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That was confusing.  It seems as if Racquel offered Lala and Logan some of her pasta. But they ended up eating all of it. They didn't ask R if they could finish it off. So maybe R was a little miffed. At the chicken & waffle restaurant, Lala was mocking R for reacting that way, instead of just laughing it off. James didn't appreciate Lala disrespecting R in this way. 

I took "pasta" as a code word for drugs. Made more sense to me.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I’m sure Mama Former Frosty Lips* would be stoked to hear you say that! She’s always been super supportive of the Jax relationship so you know she’s got great taste in men, not to mention a good motherly instinct on that front.

Didn't Brittney also say mama has been married 4 times? I would not be taking her relationship advice.  Or fashion advice.  Or any advice really unless it involves eating more of mamaw's beer cheese. 

14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The whole leadup was James talking about moving Raquel into his place. He began, "I know you both love Raquel..." and Logan and Lala started to make faces at each other, essentially snarking on her. So then James calls Logan directly out on it, and asks if Logan has an issue with Raquel. Lala references the pasta incident, which seems to be that Raquel offered Logan and Lala a bite of her food, and they ate her entire meal. Lala's meaning in bringing this up was basically to say "you saw them bickering over the pasta thing, so why are you acting like you don't know that they don't like each other?" But then Lala tries to spin the incident as Raquel being ridiculous "over pasta," when it seems that Lala and Logan dislike her and enjoy treating her poorly (both during the pasta incident and at the table rolling their eyes about her when James is talking). 

I was actually annoyed that James apologized to Lala, because she knew exactly what she was doing in that moment. 

2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

As Lisa was leaving the kitchen with it she said "I'm stealing someone's lunch!". I hope Katie's table didn't have to wait too long for a new one.

Pretty sure that was actually Katie's lunch. There isn't a croissant sandwich on the SUR menu (unless they had some sort of special for Pride????) and it was a pretty sad sandwich. Looked like there was bologna or mortadella in it :/

1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I took "pasta" as a code word for drugs. Made more sense to me.

You're a genius!!! Suddenly everything makes sense!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Lisa is bugging me (yes, I know it's probably all part of the show, but it is not believable).   She is giving Schwartz the third degree on how late he stayed out.  WTF.  If he wants to drink until he passes out every night, none of her business as long as he shows up to work on time, does his job, and whatever shit they're doing together (a new bar - I've seriously not paid much attention as it's a boring storyline).  Oh she's such good friends with all of her employees (insert eye roll here).  They're just part of this show, which I'm sure is bringing more cash her way.  Then she has to talk to poor Scheana.  I really hate how her name is spelled, btw.  Anyhow, she's noticed she's not herself (how can  you tell - vapid nutbag, yeah just more of the same, just amped up).  She looks so thin, pale, tired.   So Lisa insists she eats and then in 15 minutes, back to work.  Such a wonderful boss.  Whatever.  

Jax would bang an inflatable woman if she looked hot.

He even admitted he would screw a squirrel last episode!

Ok, let's get down to it:

James- I called this after episode 1 and seeing that creepy look on Logan's face when Raquel arrived, those two were totally banging when Raquel was away, and probably get drunk and fool around in secret all the time.  Unfortunately for James, looks like his secret boyfriend doesnt want to be a secret anymore.

Raquel- the look on her face was priceless when Logan was hanging all over her boyfriend, trying to make out with him right in front of her.  If there was ever a time for a private confessional, we needed one from Raquel explaining that scene.

Logan- yikes, this dude is creepy as fvck.  Ever since episode 1, he just looks stalkerish to me.  And he had no qualms about trying to make out with James right in front of Raquel, which kind of also makes him an a-hole.  James better be careful if he plans on cutting this dude off in the future, he looks like he might do some crazy stuff in retaliation.

Schaena- double yikes! Stage 5 Clinger (for you Wedding Crasher fans).  Her and Logan should get a spinoff together and call it "The Odd Couplers".

Tom and Tom- great job with the clean up boys.  Not sure what would have happened to that massive pile of trash had you not been there to move around a few pieces of it.  Earning that equity for sure! And for Schwartz, after such a hard day of labor, you deserve another night of blackout drunkenness that ends on a friends couch, while your wife of less than a year sits at home waiting for you.  Way to be a good husband like a week after admitting to cheating because you were drunk.

Brittany- poor Brittany. Now Bravo is planting fake waiters from Kentucky to make her feel better?  Yikes!

Brittany's Mom- never misses an opportunity to get on camera.  Cheat on my daughter, no problem, just let me hit the tanning salon and I will be on the first plane out to fuel the flames of the storyline! Next week should be interesting.

Jax- lol, what a douche.  

Billy- ok, so this is now two episodes where they have shown Billy for some reason.  Yeah, I suppose it could be Bravo highlighting a Trans person, just to highlight a Trans person.  But something tells me they are setting something up for later.  Don't be surprised if we find out one of these dudes, probably Jax, is going to (or already has) hook up with Billy.

Edited by FattyMcButterpants

Scheana needs an intervention…potential storyline for the back half of the season?  Too skinny and too desperate.  I really hope someone who actually care about her (sit down, Lisa) says something.  

James and Lala were not talking about pasta.  And Lala's line about James knowing his place?  Methinks she has a better coke dealer than he does and she'll cut him off for bad behavior.  James' read was right on, though, she'll be traded in for a younger, hotter version sooner than she thinks.

I think some questions about Brittany’s motivation were answered when Mama walked in looking like she lost 20 pounds and had a big makeover. Mama is a stage mom that uses her daughter as a vehicle for her famewhore desires. I actually feel sorry for Brittany again~ 

Scheana is pathetic. If her happiness is dependent on a man then she will never truly be happy. 

Lala is slutty, semi ghetto, a nosy busybody, and I’m loving her!! She and James are the Evil Twins of Sur! Love them together! 

Poor Jason Jax Taylor~ he is just a misunderstood soul . Finally someone “gets” him, and he is moved to tears, hahahaha. I wouldn’t doubt he had a boner during reiki- a pretty girl hovering over him in yoga pants talking about his favorite subject.... HIM. 

Is pasta slang for a specific drug? Im getting confused as that bastion of truths, the internet.....has conflicting definitions.

I would like to know for the repeat so I can mentally use the non slang word.

It's not about the crack.  It's not about the heroin.  It's not about the meth.

Anyone? 

Only in Hollywood would a “reality star” (James) embrace a producer influenced storyline that he is more attracted to his best guy friend than his girlfriend. Haha, I would love for James to fully fly his freak flag~ how bout a James Kennedy Polyamory Spinoff??!! 

8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Is pasta slang for a specific drug? Im getting confused as that bastion of truths, the internet.....has conflicting definitions.

Anyone? 

I don't believe it is. I just figured that it was a code word they agreed on so as to discuss the bogarting of illicit substances without explicitly naming them.

I could be grasping at straws and/or giving these chucklefucks way too much credit.

As to which substance, my guess is either coke or adderall. Maybe Molly.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
16 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

She is only happy when he is happy? Rob had better run away as fast as he can....that is crazy girl talk.

14 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Also because she's a Stage 5 Clinger!!

5 hours ago, Christi said:

Lala just broke up with James via Twitter...shit just go REAL

Check out @lala_kent’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/lala_kent/status/955635687574814720?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^android|twgr^fbmessenger|twcon^7090|twterm^0

Lala's tweet locks it in.  She's no better than Scheana in the man department.  For both, their "man" is their "everything".   

Ugh.  No one, man or woman, wants that responsibility and related baggage.

15 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Well I can blow out my prayer candle because Scheana got her smile back.

This got me.  So hysterical.

....oh, and Ken is a prick near as I can tell.  Me thinks Lisa is too but she disguises it better.

Edited by Jextella
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Mom could pass for Brittany's sister. After Brittany and Jax breakup (ha!) they could go out together and compete for the same guys.

I could even see good ol’ mom hooking up with Jax Taylor - she sure has gushed over him!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Anyone? 

It's not about the COKE! 

That's my guess....

i love that these people are a decade younger than me....and complete losers.  my kids are teenagers, and are making my life hell right now. i stay up and watch them...and i feel so much better about my life.  these people are a cautionary tale of why you should go to school, and then seek legitimate employment.  don't wait tables past 30, unless you are finalizing your law degree or some kind of professional credential.  

they have to be making good money, i hope that some are smart enough to put it away or invest it properly.   i hope they can set up a 401k or something.

thank you cast of vanderpump rules.  you really help me.

While I don't disagree one tiny bit about the "cautionary tale" part, there's really nothing not legitimate about being a server at whatever age one is. And school is not for everyone.  

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
Just now, blondmommy said:

i love that these people are a decade younger than me.

Haha - I sorta feel guilty for loving this show so much.  I'm 48 years young and you would think I'd have soooo many other things to focus on.  But I can NOT quit them....especially YOU Tom Sandavol!  lol

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

While I don't disagree one tiny bit about the "cautionary tale" part, there's really nothing not legitimate about being a server at whatever age one is. And school is not for everyone.  

i waited tables well into my 20s, its a tough life and there is no real future...every career bartender/cook/senior server has dreams of opening a restaurant.  some do, most don't.  its a hard existence past a certain age.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, blondmommy said:

they have to be making good money, i hope that some are smart enough to put it away or invest it properly.

I thought I heard Brittany say she made $165.00 in tips on Pride Day