Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Boy, TLC just won't stop with the new series featuring polygamists.  I just saw a promo. for yet ANOTHER new series in addition to "Seeking Sister Wife".  How many have they tried that haven't worked out?  They must really want to replace this show by now.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Boy, TLC just won't stop with the new series featuring polygamists.  I just saw a promo. for yet ANOTHER new series in addition to "Seeking Sister Wife".  How many have they tried that haven't worked out?  They must really want to replace this show by now.

Against my better judgement I started watching "Seeking Sister Wives" and it's been an interesting ride so far.  I can't stand most of them, but I think I MIGHT like the wives of one family.  WAYYYY too early to say.  (Vanessa and Sharis.)  You know - there aren't all THAT many polygamists out there compared to monogamists.... so what is the deal with the tons of shows?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, greekmom said:

Next week's promo is back to the ancient feud between Meri and Janelle.

These two will NEVER get along as there is too much bad blood between them.  I say let them just live with the hostility between them. They have done well so far and Meri is pretty much out the door. So who give a rats ass at this point??

TLC is really stretching this out. 

Oh!  Maybe we'll finally get to the real root of why they despise each other so much...and we'll find out exactly why Janelle married her former sister-in-law's husband, and how that made Meri feel, what part did Kody play in that, and all the real dirt that exists in that icky, tangled family web.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Oh!  Maybe we'll finally get to the real root of why they despise each other so much...and we'll find out exactly why Janelle married her former sister-in-law's husband, and how that made Meri feel, what part did Kody play in that, and all the real dirt that exists in that icky, tangled family web.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't count on it.  They never get THAT open or truthful on the show.  Just look at the catfishing fiasco for proof of that.

• Love 10
On 2/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, Roslyn said:

Meri is pushing the Ancestors hard because she is "branding" her Inn. Take away her family connection and it's just an old building turned into a place to sleep for the night in a far from a couple of tourist attractions place. She most likely read something online or is using some of the pep talk craps from the MLM cult mentality that is LulaNo.  Craft the story and people will buy the product in hopes of being a part of something in the here and now.  It's a very common selling technique.

This is going to sound mean.  Her grandparents are only important to HER.  They are only historically relevant to Meri and her family. This is NOT what would bring me to their establishment.  The ghost, maybe.  Fantastic food, maybe.  Some reality stars Mormon grandparents?  Nope.  I have my own Mormon grandparents.  There needs to be a better draw since the town sounds sleepy.  

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This is going to sound mean.  Her grandparents are only important to HER.  They are only historically relevant to Meri and her family. This is NOT what would bring me to their establishment.  The ghost, maybe.  Fantastic food, maybe.  Some reality stars Mormon grandparents?  Nope.  I have my own Mormon grandparents.  There needs to be a better draw since the town sounds sleepy.  

Rent a room, get a free pair of demented chihuahua Lularoe leggings.  You're welcome, Meri!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Rent a room, get a free pair of demented chihuahua Lularoe leggings.  You're welcome, Meri!

When she steals this business plan we will know exactly from where it was stolen!  Can you exchange the demented chihuahua leggings for some with clowns on them?  If we are going scary, let's go REALLY scary!

• Love 5
On 2/9/2018 at 2:45 AM, Awfarmington said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was subjected to such a horrible but memorable B rated movie ?.

Has Rory Calhoun ever had a greater role?

Edited to add:  "Four-poster beds?"  I count one bed with even a footboard.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When she steals this business plan we will know exactly from where it was stolen!  Can you exchange the demented chihuahua leggings for some with clowns on them?  If we are going scary, let's go REALLY scary!

If there's a pattern with a ghost eating a cinnamon roll, then we're in business.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, MakingBacon said:

If the show is cancelled after this season, what comes first, selling the homes or losing the homes to foreclosure? They have no jobs outside of the show. I don’t count Meri’s Lulu income because that won’t last long. There is no way they can keep four homes, plus meri’s bed & breaksast and the Utah poly house without TLC. I would guess they would move back the the house in Utah since it has three units. I am sure Meri will not be in one of them. Other than janelle, I doubt any of them have much in savings. I can see Jenelle having a nest egg. Hell, Janelle would probably love to go back to work. 

They've rode the TLC gravy train long enough with this polygamy scam.  Now it will just be government handouts to support all those kids, to the burden of taxpayers.

• Love 3
On 2/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, Dobian said:

I would think they were still receiving some government benefits during this time but can't be sure.

I'm not thinking there are employed people who live in $440,000+ houses who qualify for government benefits, unless one or more of the kids has been deemed to have learning disabilities.  

16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not thinking there are employed people who live in $440,000+ houses who qualify for government benefits, unless one or more of the kids has been deemed to have learning disabilities.  

Probably not.  However we do know, at least anecdotally, that the Mormons in general have mastered the craft of Bleeding the Beast.  I bet they have some tricks up their sleeves that we couldn't even imagine on our worst grifting days.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Are these current?  I seem to remember these pages going up right after the episode where they were studying for their real estate licenses.  Back then, Christine came to the realization that most realtors work weekends, and she couldn't possibly do that because she has all those kids.  And - rumor has it - Janelle hung out at open houses, but wasn't what anyone would call "active" in the real estate market.  This is the realtor who helped them get into their houses.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Are these current?  I seem to remember these pages going up right after the episode where they were studying for their real estate licenses.  Back then, Christine came to the realization that most realtors work weekends, and she couldn't possibly do that because she has all those kids.  And - rumor has it - Janelle hung out at open houses, but wasn't what anyone would call "active" in the real estate market.  This is the realtor who helped them get into their houses.

The Team Brown Facebook page has current listings posted.  Maybe they are just using her picture?

• Love 3
On 2/12/2018 at 2:06 PM, Natalie68 said:

I do think Meri fancies herself capable of becoming the main attraction to the house, but if it really is a sleepy town then, as you say, there needs to be something much more compelling.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:15 PM, Dobian said:

They've rode the TLC gravy train long enough with this polygamy scam.  Now it will just be government handouts to support all those kids, to the burden of taxpayers.

I don't begrude them making money from their show, but I do think it's unreasonable and unfair to expect government assistance for their ever- growing population of progeny.  It's just so economically unwise, in my view, to have multiple families with multiple women, particularly when divorce is always a possibility, and not one of these women holds a job - besides what they "earn" from TLC.  

It is bewildering how poly-men sleep at night knowing they bear the primary financial responsibilities for their broods.  In Kody's case he adopted Robyn's three kids from her first marriage, meaning he assumed the full monetary burden for these children, too, right? 

Raising children is costly in and of itself, but adding in college or vocational school expenses (assuming the kids don't earn scholarships or join the military) would seem one of many logical reasons not to have so many children in the first place.  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, lma said:

Or was she not able to march this year because TLC didn’t need the storyline, therefore was not paying for he trip, and she’d have to pay for it herself. Just thinking out loud...

BINGO!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lma said:

Or was she not able to march this year because TLC didn’t need the storyline, therefore was not paying for he trip, and she’d have to pay for it herself. Just thinking out loud...

I really don't care who paid for it. I care that she and her friends were there. I care that Mari and Jenelle went with them and that they did it to support their daughter. 

Say what you will about this family, they show up for their kids and accept them. I'm not sure my extended family would do the same, good Christians that they are. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I really don't care who paid for it. I care that she and her friends were there. I care that Mari and Jenelle went with them and that they did it to support their daughter. 

Say what you will about this family, they show up for their kids and accept them. I'm not sure my extended family would do the same, good Christians that they are. 

If they weren’t receiving TLC money, I doubt Cody and his wives would be so accepting of Mariah. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

If they weren’t receiving TLC money, I doubt Cody and his wives would be so accepting of Mariah. 

I have to agree.  They were rapidly running out of story ideas (thus the need to dredge up the unending Meri-Jenelle feud) so this was a real boon for new material.  I get she'd be out on her ear much like the Lost Boys of the fundie Mormons. 

• Love 4

I have to give it up to Janelle and Meri for going to the Women's March with Mariah and her friends.  They both said, repeatedly, that they were conservatives and did not want to be involved in anything political, yet as the time approached they had to know that the March *was* political--and they went anyway.  They seemed to support Mariah with joy and energy--although of course we don't know what went on when they were not on-camera; they may have been bitching and moaning and throwing rocks--but from what we saw, they both were very good mothers indeed.

And I understand that this was all TLC's idea and scripted out the wazoo, but the fact remains that these women are conservative and out of love for Mariah they betrayed their political consciences and marched.

And boy did Kody hate it or what?  That alone was worth the price of admission.  "If you march in this march, you'll lose all the energy for the Polygamy March."

• Love 17
8 hours ago, lma said:

There were anniversary marches world wide. I don't know where Mariah lives now, but there was no need to go to DC if she wanted to participate. I'd be willing to bet there was one in SLC.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I have to give it up to Janelle and Meri for going to the Women's March with Mariah and her friends.  They both said, repeatedly, that they were conservatives and did not want to be involved in anything political, yet as the time approached they had to know that the March *was* political--and they went anyway.  

I'm kind of surprised - actually I find it kind of hard to believe - that they thought a march through Washington D.C. staged by women the day after the inauguration was not going to have any kind of a political angle to it. 

When explaining the nature of the march to Kody they seemed to be trying to convince him it was "only" about women's rights or about LGBT rights ... but not anything "political." Maybe it's just me but when I hear women's rights and LGBT rights, it sounds inherently political to me.  Were they trying to snow him or did they seriously think it was going to have nothing to do with politics at all? 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm kind of surprised - actually I find it kind of hard to believe - that they thought a march through Washington D.C. staged by women the day after the inauguration was not going to have any kind of a political angle to it. 

When explaining the nature of the march to Kody they seemed to be trying to convince him it was "only" about women's rights or about LGBT rights ... but not anything "political." Maybe it's just me but when I hear women's rights and LGBT rights, it sounds inherently political to me.  Were they trying to snow him or did they seriously think it was going to have nothing to do with politics at all? 

I have a feeling their only news source is F*x, where the march would not have been a topic of much interest.  Plus, I think they're all profoundly ignorant, by choice.  By the time Kody started grumbling about it, I think it was too late to change Meri and Janelle's minds--Meri said she was going with or without his approval--because (as in the case of FT and racism) they did not want to put themselves in a position to be criticized for homophobia.

• Love 3

I honestly don't think a single one of them had a clue in hell what that march was all about.  And I think that had a lot to do with the "inability" to attend this year. I know for a fact that there was a huge one in either LV or SLC this year (cannot remember which).  I attended an online conference with attendees that weekend.  Now that they know it's not about LGBT rights exclusively, suddenly they are no longer interested

Plus, I think they're all profoundly ignorant, by choice.

I agree and that's why all the fumbling and mumbling in "explaining" it to Kody.  You can't explain what you don't understand.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I honestly don't think a single one of them had a clue in hell what that march was all about.  And I think that had a lot to do with the "inability" to attend this year. I know for a fact that there was a huge one in either LV or SLC this year (cannot remember which).  I attended an online conference with attendees that weekend.  Now that they know it's not about LGBT rights exclusively, suddenly they are no longer interested

I agree and that's why all the fumbling and mumbling in "explaining" it to Kody.  You can't explain what you don't understand.

I think that TLC really wanted to showcase this storyline, as a way to show that Meri's relationships with Mariah and Janelle are progressing, and to introduce us to Audrey. But they had to find a way to keep politics out of it - thus all the vague explanations by Mariah to Meri and Janelle, and their subsequent vague descriptions to the family.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I take from this that political or not, she was there for Mariah, which is fine, but if it weren’t for Mariah, Meri wouldn’t give a shit about the reason for the march. 

Let's see if Mariah makes it to a Pride March. 

6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Let's see if Mariah makes it to a Pride March. 

I kinda think she would, if Mariah asked her to go.  I find myself, to my eternal horror, on Meri's side in this one.  Sure, it was scripted and a major plot point, but I believe Meri when she dismisses the question about who she voted for (first of all, I'm not convinced that these women vote at all) but was there to support her daughter.  I just remember the last time I saw Meri and Mariah onscreen together, and the hostility was overwhelming.  Meri's attending the Women's March scored big points with her daughter.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

There is no up-side for Meri or any of them to talk politics. They would alienate some of their viewers. She went to support her daughter. As did Janelle. 

I completely agree with you, Madding.  I don't talk politics with my family because there is NO upside for it.  I look at my children and wonder sometimes how they come up with this s**t when they sprang from my loins!  Talking politics id a no-win situation.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, lma said:

I’m with the person who said if it wasn’t a storyline, no way Meri would have attended. 

If it wasn't for a storyline, I'm not sure Meri would have ever known about the march at all.  

People who say "politics are stupid" don't tend to be big news watchers. She might have heard about it on Facebook at best, but as soon as she saw it was in Washington, she probably ignored the story. Because Washington = politics. And politics = stupid.

Sorry, but Meri = stupid. And apathetic. And ignorant. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, lma said:

I also think sometimes people lie so much to others and even themselves until they don’t know truth from fiction. Meri doesn’t know what she really feels because she lies to herself (and others) so dang much. That’s one of the dangers of lying. None of them can separate truth from fiction anymore. They probably really do believe polygamy makes them better even though there are so many signs to us on the outside that it doesn’t.

And now TLC is doing another plyg series starting in March (3 wives one husband I think). So far, the previews show a lot of misery and crying. It's as if TLC is trying to shout to the world, "THIS DOESN'T WORK, PEOPLE"!!!!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I take from this that political or not, she was there for Mariah, which is fine, but if it weren’t for Mariah, Meri wouldn’t give a shit about the reason for the march. 

I like that reply from Meri - that tweet was rude. None of your business, move on.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I like that reply from Meri - that tweet was rude. None of your business, move on.

She gets points for that response and seems to be getting better at responding to things (never sink to a troll's level).  I know we snark on here, but twitter can be really hateful. 

In other news, Aspen is set to get married this June. See below and here's to hoping they aren't going to film yet another wedding. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/aspyn-brown-wedding-date-154240

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

She gets points for that response and seems to be getting better at responding to things (never sink to a troll's level).  I know we snark on here, but twitter can be really hateful. 

In other news, Aspen is set to get married this June. See below and here's to hoping they aren't going to film yet another wedding. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/aspyn-brown-wedding-date-154240

I am so glad to learn that Aspyn and her fiancé are planning on a monogamist marriage.  The Brown children seemed to have learned a lot from their parents.

Yikes, Kody, he looks like he has aged 40 years since we first saw him.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, neh said:

I am so glad to learn that Aspyn and her fiancé are planning on a monogamist marriage.  The Brown children seemed to have learned a lot from their parents.

Yikes, Kody, he looks like he has aged 40 years since we first saw him.  

I saw a few minutes of all the kids (the older ones) who were all asked:  So, are you gonna be a polygamist?  All the kids said no.....no way.  I thought that was interesting!

• Love 3