Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Otter said:

I'd rather suffer through the Browns than "Say Yes to the Dress".  Are there a million episodes of that?

Oh my gosh YES!!  What the hell - doesn't ANYONE else get tired of that show?  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I call bogus since it isn't an announcement coming from TLC and it states that their numbers were 2.5 million recently.  The ratings are posted pretty regularly and I never remember seeing anything higher than one and a half million. They may have had an episode or two when the catfish was drawing a lot of attention, but anytime I see an online article like that with "sources" listed I just think that we should all wave at Kendra and thank her for visiting...

I was going to say that I'm certain it's Kendra. Such a wackadoo. ?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, taragel said:

Interesting. I just read that Aspyn's fiance is the little brother of Vanessa from that new Seeking Sister Wife show.

For those that didn't see this and would like confirmation...

I'm not sure if this is really true, but elsewhere someone said that Vanessa and Mitch's dad is Lynn A Thompson of AUB. I'm not sure if that true or not, but if it is, that also makes Aspyn about to be related to Rosemary Williams from My Five Wives...though Rosemary talked about really not having much of a relationship with her family, to my recollection, so I'm not sure what degree of contact there may be/not be.

(And Rosemary and two of Lynn Thompson's nieces have accused him of molestation)

Rosemary Williams of “My Five Wives” on TLC says she was molested more than two decades ago by her father, Lynn A. Thompson and published her claims in a blog. He is the leader of the one of largest organized polygamy groups in Utah, the Apostolic United Brethren, or AUB.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/22/rosemary-williams-my-five-wives-abuse_n_6205594.html

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It may be bogus but it's not wrong.  This is one boring mess of schlock.  How many stupid weddings and births are we supposed to care about? That's a family thing, not something to draw in the public, at least those with a functioning brain.

It has become pretty boring for sure. Same old same old. I was sick of weddings and births 2 seasons ago! There needs to be some major--and real--drama to try and save this thing. We've been served a divorce, catfish, wedding cake, baby showers and "I'm gay". They kinda covered it all. 

• Love 5

Is Aspyn one that had said in the past, that she did not object to entering a polygamist marriage?  Sure, just because both sides of the family are polygamist, doesn't mean that she will be, too, but the odds seems good. 

Makes me a little sad. If true, she'll be the first wife, the legal wife. But ask Meri how well that turned out. 

• Love 9

This just in:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/3e1ec120-1e7a-3f6b-8663-e805118e7e70/ss_tlc-will-cancel-'sister.html

"This season will be their last. Sources revealed to Life & Style that TLC will be canceling their longrunning reality TV series Sister Wives after Season 12 since Kody Brown and his polygamous family is currently failing to pull in ratings."

1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Is Aspyn one that had said in the past, that she did not object to entering a polygamist marriage?  Sure, just because both sides of the family are polygamist, doesn't mean that she will be, too, but the odds seems good. 

Makes me a little sad. If true, she'll be the first wife, the legal wife. But ask Meri how well that turned out. 

I remember Mariah saying that she would be up for a polygamist marriage but I think that is out of the question now.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, margol29 said:

"This season will be their last. Sources revealed to Life & Style that TLC will be canceling their longrunning reality TV series Sister Wives after Season 12 since Kody Brown and his polygamous family is currently failing to pull in ratings."

1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

This is the exact same story as In Touch did yesterday.  We have no way of knowing that it is legit.  As was mentioned up-thread, there are some questionable statements in the story.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, margol29 said:

I remember Mariah saying that she would be up for a polygamist marriage but I think that is out of the question now.

Not necessarily.  I suppose there could be a lot of wives and no husband.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, neh said:

If the cancellation story is correct, I say good because the Browns are just icky but bad because I will miss reading all of the comments here.

I agree. I don't even watch anymore but love to read the comments here.  I predict that the snarking will continue.  Gilmore Girls has been off the air for 10 years but that forum is active all of the time.  And you know the Brown Clowns will be looking for ways to get into the headlines.

• Love 4

I thought Kody's tweet about not needing the drama in their life might have been a hint something like this was coming. Kind of a sour grapes in advance thing ... I wonder if Meri saw the writing on the wall, as well, and that's why she wanted that house in Parrowan for herself. I'm sorry, she wanted it for her mother. No wait, it was for Christine's mother to run as a moneymaking venture for the whole family. Eh, whatever the reason, she ended up getting it. They said it has four bedrooms right ? Let's see Meri, Robyn Janelle, Christine .... 1,2,3,4, lol. And they said it has all those specially designed entries so the plyg husband can creep around, too. Turns out it might've been a shrewd investment for them.

They should have got real with both the divorce and the catfish story and not tried to whitewash things. That might have saved them. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Oh man. There’s a Tweet under the #My600lblife hashtag that has me rolling, tonight.

“I’m tired of looking at this sister wives poor man’s Sammy Hagar every time they go to a damn commercial break. Quit it.”

LOL!

That's pretty hilarious, considering my husband and I practically have to avert our eyes when the My 600 Pound Life commercials come on - people who live in glass houses...!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Otter said:

Oh good Lord, that is hilarious but sadly true.  

I have no idea about the compensation but maybe $180K/adult/season makes some sense.  I'd have to be be paid a LOT more to put my business out there, but I''m much more boring than the boring Browns.  Yet if this was my main source of income (trying to think like Kody and it's painful) negotiatiing for a huge pay cut is better than nothing.  $180K for everyone is a lot more than a cancelled show and zero.  People would still watch.  I'd rather suffer through the Browns than "Say Yes to the Dress".  Are there a million episodes of that?

If you break down 180k per adult per season it is very close to 10k a person per episode (remembering the 2 hour shows count as 2 episodes) and 20k for the tell all special. This seems in line with many other shows, but most shows don't have 5 adults, they have 2. Plus the rule has been said "stars" of reality shows make 10% of the cost of production. Sister Wives has to cost more to produce. I know it does not seem like they do much but they are filming in landlocked USA. They also are very picking about not filming at certain times like during school. So the production company only can film certain days and has to fly into Vegas and then travel throughout Utah/MT. Most of this season was Southern Utah(I live in southern Utah) and there is very limited transportation options, lodging, and filming options. 

They also live in an HOA that is not happy with the filming. That is why the gated the cul-de-sac to have room on the side to have production park. I can't imagine if I lived in that HOA and paid 150k for a view lot and privacy and got the TLC circus next door.  The schools had already spoken out about not filming. The Brown's only want to film during holidays and summer. It wasn't easy to film. 

My husband and I watch and yell at all tv, at either how not accurate the show is or how they edit the show. I will miss it. I just wish natgeo had given polygamy USA another season, that was a truthful look at polygamy and it had "drama" but it was real and left you with cliffhanger feelings and wanting more. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Kody's tweet about not needing the drama in their life might have been a hint something like this was coming. Kind of a sour grapes in advance thing

My thoughts exactly. He's trying to get out ahead of it so he doesn't look like a loser. That ship sailed, Kodes! 

Oh without a doubt Aspyn and her weirdly befacial-haired affianced are planning on polygamy. And come to think, it'd be sort of strange if ZERO of their dozens of children didn't follow in their footsteps. It's how they were raised, after all. With that many kids and that kind of niche upbringing, the odds are that a couple will multiply the love, so to speak. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Oh without a doubt Aspyn and her weirdly befacial-haired affianced are planning on polygamy. And come to think, it'd be sort of strange if ZERO of their dozens of children didn't follow in their footsteps. It's how they were raised, after all. With that many kids and that kind of niche upbringing, the odds are that a couple will multiply the love, so to speak. 

I had high hopes for Aspyn out of all of the girls.  She seemed level-headed, she was active in campus life and I am pretty sure that she completed her degree.  I am disappointed that she didn't learn from the train wreck that is her parents life.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, neh said:

I had high hopes for Aspyn out of all of the girls.  She seemed level-headed, she was active in campus life and I am pretty sure that she completed her degree.  I am disappointed that she didn't learn from the train wreck that is her parents life.

I’m feeling the same. Early in the series she was pro-poly (wanted to be a third wife iirc) but as she acclimated more to mainstream life and college she felt differently. She seems more level-headed and less “drama” than her sisters and I really thought she had a decent future, especially after having a front row seat to the unhealthy ridiculousness of the past few years. It seems like all it took was one guy to remind her of her childhood (which it seems like all of the older kids have fond memories of) and sweep her off her feet and there she goes, back into polyworld. I think she may be more religious than the others, too, so I’m guessing that plays a part. It’s dumb to get invested, but it does make me sad for her future. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That's pretty hilarious, considering my husband and I practically have to avert our eyes when the My 600 Pound Life commercials come on - people who live in glass houses...!

You too huh?  

• Love 1
On 2/1/2018 at 5:46 AM, onatrek said:

For those that didn't see this and would like confirmation...

I'm not sure if this is really true, but elsewhere someone said that Vanessa and Mitch's dad is Lynn A Thompson of AUB. I'm not sure if that true or not, but if it is, that also makes Aspyn about to be related to Rosemary Williams from My Five Wives...though Rosemary talked about really not having much of a relationship with her family, to my recollection, so I'm not sure what degree of contact there may be/not be.

(And Rosemary and two of Lynn Thompson's nieces have accused him of molestation)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/22/rosemary-williams-my-five-wives-abuse_n_6205594.html

Buddy from My Big Fat Fabulous Life, that you?

looks just like him!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, silverspoons said:

If you break down 180k per adult per season it is very close to 10k a person per episode (remembering the 2 hour shows count as 2 episodes) and 20k for the tell all special. This seems in line with many other shows, but most shows don't have 5 adults, they have 2. Plus the rule has been said "stars" of reality shows make 10% of the cost of production. Sister Wives has to cost more to produce. I know it does not seem like they do much but they are filming in landlocked USA. They also are very picking about not filming at certain times like during school. So the production company only can film certain days and has to fly into Vegas and then travel throughout Utah/MT. Most of this season was Southern Utah(I live in southern Utah) and there is very limited transportation options, lodging, and filming options. 

They also live in an HOA that is not happy with the filming. That is why the gated the cul-de-sac to have room on the side to have production park. I can't imagine if I lived in that HOA and paid 150k for a view lot and privacy and got the TLC circus next door.  The schools had already spoken out about not filming. The Brown's only want to film during holidays and summer. It wasn't easy to film. 

My husband and I watch and yell at all tv, at either how not accurate the show is or how they edit the show. I will miss it. I just wish natgeo had given polygamy USA another season, that was a truthful look at polygamy and it had "drama" but it was real and left you with cliffhanger feelings and wanting more. 

Is this part true?  There are union production people all over the place.  I am not being snarky I am just curious.  It seems like they would be able to hire someone closer.  I know when they film movies in our area they hire locals who are part of the union (whichever union does this type of work).

22 hours ago, silverspoons said:

At one time, Kody was president of the HOA.  The Brown Clowns are at one end of the community in four houses, and the rest of the community (5 other houses) are at the north end.  

If Meri couldn't hear all the ruckus from Hunter coming home, maybe the neighbors don't hear much of the filming noise.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Is this part true?  There are union production people all over the place.  I am not being snarky I am just curious.  It seems like they would be able to hire someone closer.  I know when they film movies in our area they hire locals who are part of the union (whichever union does this type of work).

As far as I am aware there is no company in Southern Utah to do filming. I know about 15 years ago when polygamy stories started to pop up , my husband had a relative that did a bit of I guess you would say scenery filming (he did some shots of the mountains, the street signs, the national park signs) for talk shows. He was just a local guy that filmed school events and that would get calls once in awhile. It was never with sound or people, just wanted film of the landscape. I remember one of the exit sign clips were used in a Lisa Ling special. Lisa came via AZ and  she did film in AZ (and she did a very good job of her interviewing) . The exit sign was on the Utah side and was this stock footage edited to look like it was close to Colorado City/Centential park. I happen to live off that exit. It is the most suburban middle class stucco track home neighborhoods full of schools and LDS ward houses. It was certainly nowhere near Warren Jeffs or Colorado City. 

I have seen a bunch of reality filmed here and they have all brought there own crews. That great Light fight show filmed 2 episodes here, both times the crew complained the difficult set up. It seemed like the stars or upper ups were in Vegas and came in to film and left to stay in Vegas. The crew was stuck in town with our dry city, 1 bar in a bowling alley with water down beer only and silly rules like no dancing or music outdoors. Then Disney films here, they for sure bring in their own crews, their filming and waivers were much different then TLC crews. Sister Wives at least when I have seen them film which hasnt been since 2015 was using a TLC production company out of NC. When TLC filmed the Jessop escaping show and the show about the FLDS teens and the LDS teens hanging out it was a different production company, I believe they were from CA? The reason I know this are so many people, including my family ends up being extras or background or at an event they film at and they make you sign papers or warn you of the filming. 

Southern Utah is a very weird place. You have to remember St George was about 20k people in the 1990's and now is over 100k  and is landlocked and just did not know how to grow. It is still good old boys running the city. New business are not easily welcomed and even if they decide to pay the fees and high rents, it is very hard to get supplies and travel here. That Family Pawn shop Myketi works at has been here for a long time. It would not be allowed to build here today. Building is very strict and expensive now. Our airport has no control tower and flies to Salt Lake City a few times a day and just added one flight to Denver which is expensive and fills fast since it is a tiny plane. Rental Cars, trucks etc and very hard to get (this is a huge complaint of those that film here). It is very funny to see, drive out to the airport which is in the middle of no where. It is only open 10-1 then 3-5 then 7-9, and they have a long rental car counter with the car companies and 1 guy that changes his name tag and goes serves every window. In 2017 I made 53 rental car reservations and only got cars 3 times. I know there are lots of compliants about film crews  and avaiblity of medical care. If it is after 8pm there are no pharmacies open between Spanish fork Utah and Las Vegas (which is about 450 miles) and only  1 urgent care with limited hours and no Sunday care at all. I was at the only urgent care and a college student got hurt and needed stitches. the wait was 6+ hours and his parents drove from CA and got to the urgent care and he was still waiting! They were horrified by the lack of urgent medical care. I'm sure tv crews worry about liability. 

The other fact is we have no local TV or news stations. It is very odd to have no real source of news. We had Charter cable about 18 years ago and they did produce local ads but they sold out to a small cable company Baja and Baja stopped local ads and shut the production area off. Now the cable fights between giving us SLC, Ut or Las Vegas as "local". Both have little to offer a city like ours. It is really scary how people on the new side of the city have NO idea what happens on the other side of the city. Tony and the family pawn shop are on the "old side" of the city. It has dual immersion schools(with over 3,000 students) that teach in Spanish and English. Ask someone on the new side of the city and they have no idea these schools exist. 

The ecomony is odd, but polygamist families that work (I said work Kody) can do well here. Wages are low, last year it was reported that St George has the second lowest wages in the US. But it evens out with very low property taxes and super cheap utlities(I believe they are the lowest power rates in the US or second) . So if you are a Polygamist family with a working husband and 2-3 wives that work even low wage jobs, you can have a decent home and life. The same house they have in vegas would be 150k cheaper here to buy, the utlities for be 8 times cheaper, and the HOA if you choose one for these 2 story stucco box communties are $75 a year not 200-300 a month. I do think Kody would be better off in Cedar City. It has a AUB church. It has bigger lots, four seasons, more flexible housing. 

After thinking about the old filming, I watch the Tom Green special (real stories on youtube) and it made me sick. I forgot how he was. He sure makes Kody look like prince charming. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

If the show is cancelled after this season, what comes first, selling the homes or losing the homes to foreclosure? They have no jobs outside of the show. I don’t count Meri’s Lulu income because that won’t last long. There is no way they can keep four homes, plus meri’s bed & breaksast and the Utah poly house without TLC. I would guess they would move back the the house in Utah since it has three units. I am sure Meri will not be in one of them. Other than janelle, I doubt any of them have much in savings. I can see Jenelle having a nest egg. Hell, Janelle would probably love to go back to work. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I thought someone here discovered that they had sold the Lehi house?

I read that somewhere.  Weren't Meri's sister(s) living there?  And at some point, Mariah, maybe while going to her fancy-ass college?

I'm not snarking on private schools/colleges, but of course, special snowflake Mariah couldn't go to ordinary old UNLV, like Janelle and Christine's oldest kids.  Once again, what Meri/Mariah wanted, they took.  Nobody ever had the balls to tell them how selfish they were, least of all Doofus.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I read that somewhere.  Weren't Meri's sister(s) living there?  And at some point, Mariah, maybe while going to her fancy-ass college?

I'm not snarking on private schools/colleges, but of course, special snowflake Mariah couldn't go to ordinary old UNLV, like Janelle and Christine's oldest kids.  Once again, what Meri/Mariah wanted, they took.  Nobody ever had the balls to tell them how selfish they were, least of all Doofus.

I'm pretty sure there were discussions about Mariah and her choice of school - if I recall correctly, Kody wasn't all that thrilled with her choice, and the costs involved.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
On 2/1/2018 at 9:24 AM, margol29 said:

This just in:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/3e1ec120-1e7a-3f6b-8663-e805118e7e70/ss_tlc-will-cancel-'sister.html

If its failing, I wonder why they made Seeking Sister Wives? guess they have a plyg quota?

One story turns into that story being quoted for quoting sources ? my bet is, if they don’t price themselves out of a contract, they’ll be back.

TLC plays storylines this way too. Will they get whatever project done on time, will So and so get there in time.......and on and on with every “reality” show I have watched on this network.

• Love 4
On 2/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, silverspoons said:

As far as I am aware there is no company in Southern Utah to do filming. I know about 15 years ago when polygamy stories started to pop up , my husband had a relative that did a bit of I guess you would say scenery filming (he did some shots of the mountains, the street signs, the national park signs) for talk shows. He was just a local guy that filmed school events and that would get calls once in awhile. It was never with sound or people, just wanted film of the landscape. I remember one of the exit sign clips were used in a Lisa Ling special. Lisa came via AZ and  she did film in AZ (and she did a very good job of her interviewing) . The exit sign was on the Utah side and was this stock footage edited to look like it was close to Colorado City/Centential park. I happen to live off that exit. It is the most suburban middle class stucco track home neighborhoods full of schools and LDS ward houses. It was certainly nowhere near Warren Jeffs or Colorado City. 

I have seen a bunch of reality filmed here and they have all brought there own crews. That great Light fight show filmed 2 episodes here, both times the crew complained the difficult set up. It seemed like the stars or upper ups were in Vegas and came in to film and left to stay in Vegas. The crew was stuck in town with our dry city, 1 bar in a bowling alley with water down beer only and silly rules like no dancing or music outdoors. Then Disney films here, they for sure bring in their own crews, their filming and waivers were much different then TLC crews. Sister Wives at least when I have seen them film which hasnt been since 2015 was using a TLC production company out of NC. When TLC filmed the Jessop escaping show and the show about the FLDS teens and the LDS teens hanging out it was a different production company, I believe they were from CA? The reason I know this are so many people, including my family ends up being extras or background or at an event they film at and they make you sign papers or warn you of the filming. 

Southern Utah is a very weird place. You have to remember St George was about 20k people in the 1990's and now is over 100k  and is landlocked and just did not know how to grow. It is still good old boys running the city. New business are not easily welcomed and even if they decide to pay the fees and high rents, it is very hard to get supplies and travel here. That Family Pawn shop Myketi works at has been here for a long time. It would not be allowed to build here today. Building is very strict and expensive now. Our airport has no control tower and flies to Salt Lake City a few times a day and just added one flight to Denver which is expensive and fills fast since it is a tiny plane. Rental Cars, trucks etc and very hard to get (this is a huge complaint of those that film here). It is very funny to see, drive out to the airport which is in the middle of no where. It is only open 10-1 then 3-5 then 7-9, and they have a long rental car counter with the car companies and 1 guy that changes his name tag and goes serves every window. In 2017 I made 53 rental car reservations and only got cars 3 times. I know there are lots of compliants about film crews  and avaiblity of medical care. If it is after 8pm there are no pharmacies open between Spanish fork Utah and Las Vegas (which is about 450 miles) and only  1 urgent care with limited hours and no Sunday care at all. I was at the only urgent care and a college student got hurt and needed stitches. the wait was 6+ hours and his parents drove from CA and got to the urgent care and he was still waiting! They were horrified by the lack of urgent medical care. I'm sure tv crews worry about liability. 

The other fact is we have no local TV or news stations. It is very odd to have no real source of news. We had Charter cable about 18 years ago and they did produce local ads but they sold out to a small cable company Baja and Baja stopped local ads and shut the production area off. Now the cable fights between giving us SLC, Ut or Las Vegas as "local". Both have little to offer a city like ours. It is really scary how people on the new side of the city have NO idea what happens on the other side of the city. Tony and the family pawn shop are on the "old side" of the city. It has dual immersion schools(with over 3,000 students) that teach in Spanish and English. Ask someone on the new side of the city and they have no idea these schools exist. 

The ecomony is odd, but polygamist families that work (I said work Kody) can do well here. Wages are low, last year it was reported that St George has the second lowest wages in the US. But it evens out with very low property taxes and super cheap utlities(I believe they are the lowest power rates in the US or second) . So if you are a Polygamist family with a working husband and 2-3 wives that work even low wage jobs, you can have a decent home and life. The same house they have in vegas would be 150k cheaper here to buy, the utlities for be 8 times cheaper, and the HOA if you choose one for these 2 story stucco box communties are $75 a year not 200-300 a month. I do think Kody would be better off in Cedar City. It has a AUB church. It has bigger lots, four seasons, more flexible housing. 

After thinking about the old filming, I watch the Tom Green special (real stories on youtube) and it made me sick. I forgot how he was. He sure makes Kody look like prince charming. 

this was such interesting reading for me. my dad moved from cali to st. george and stayed for a few years. (He got ill and moved back near here).  but anyway, your post brought memories of the times i went there to visit him and went driving around the town to see what was what. it blew me away to see the FLDS ladies in the walmart. its one thing to know they exist but its far more interesting to see them in real life. seeing a woman that is 50ish and pregnant with a line of younger daughters trailing behind her dressed in their long dresses was just a sight... 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

I thought someone here discovered that they had sold the Lehi house?

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, I think it was last year that Kody tweeted about selling the house in Lehi that they "escaped" from. On the show they did show that there was water damage at some point and that relatives of Meri were living there, but they never expanded on if all three living apartments were occupied or not. They had older teens go back and talk about their memories in the house.

At the time someone looked up the public info online and posted that it was sold as a short sale, so the Browns were probably behind and facing a foreclosure.  A short sale is an agreement between owner and mortgage holder to get what you can get quickly and the owner walks away with no money but no foreclosure on their credit. I'm really quite shocked that Meri qualified for a second very large mortgage for the B&B house.  She's been very clear that she has no interest in the business (tho she plays it up in her "acting" on the show which is most likely producer driven drama), she only wants to posses the house.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

And yet, Kody told Christine to save up her grocery money to go visit her sick father....that was so wrong on so many levels.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

She's been very clear that she has no interest in the business (tho she plays it up in her "acting" on the show which is most likely producer driven drama), she only wants to posses the house.

Well, for whatever reason, it is running as an "inn" as we've seen it listed on VRBO.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, for whatever reason, it is running as an "inn" as we've seen it listed on VRBO.

Yea...that's the bizarre part of this show.  They already have the ending of all the storylines on social media and online "magazine" writeups...but they can't even film the filler very well.  No mention of why Christine's mother isn't moving in.  I guess the big "cliffhanger" is what did Meri have to do to convince her mum to run the Inn and make cinnamon rolls everyday. Woo. I'm holding my breath!

• Love 6

So let me see if I have this straight...Meri and Annie were the partners in crime who did all the Parowan B&B drive-bys, giggling about how much fun it would be to buy the place and have Annie run it.  Then with no warning, suddenly Annie is out and Bonnie is going to run the inn, even though she has no desire, nor the personality, to pull it off?  So where does that leave Annie?  If I were her I'd be pretty ticked off, and Christine should be as well.  Meri seems to feel that she still has that first-wife status and can pull off those cute lil' switcheroos, change her mind on a dime, bat her eyes and expect the fam'ly to just nod and give her whatever she wants.  I think she feels that everyone still owes her big time for sacrificing her marriage license to Robyn, when in fact everyone (except Meri) has moved on from that.

Gahh....she must be absolutely exhausting to dill with on a daily basis.

• Love 12

Wait ... so who is living at the B&B helping to run it? Meri's mom or Christine's mom?  I thought it ended up being Christine's mom who moved in.  

They said Meri's mom would suck at it. 

I'm confused.

ETA : and how do we know who is actually living there running the place? Has it been mentioned in the reviews or on social media? I need to know who is baking those cinnamon rolls dammit ! lol

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait ... so who is living at the B&B helping to run it? Meri's mom or Christine's mom?  I thought it ended up being Christine's mom who moved in.  

VRBO lists Meri Brown and Bonnie Barber as the proprietors of Lizzie's Heritage Inn.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri is still in Vegas doing her LLR stuff so her mom is there alone at least part of the time. It must be lonely and an awful lot to ask of a 72 year old senior citizen to run it on her own. 

How many guests do you think they have?  Paramecium or whatever the heck it's called is not exactly a tourist mecca.  I'm nearly 70 and I could handle a couple of visitors once a week.

• Love 4

I would think it's one thing to have family or friends visit. They know you and also would probably help with small chores, dinner etc. 

Versus basically hosting strangers who will most likely not offer to do the dishes etc. I would hope that Meri has someone come help out when she's not there. 

I was thinking she would have to make sure to comply with health department rules and regs as well. 

Visitors - I think a lot of their fan base is in Utah right? So i can see them having a steady stream at least for a short while. 

I doubt Lizzie's Heritage Inn will ever be a Ponderosa Ranch in terms of longevity and popularity. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

How many guests do you think they have?  Paramecium or whatever the heck it's called is not exactly a tourist mecca.  I'm nearly 70 and I could handle a couple of visitors once a week.

Dunno, probably not many. Makes me wonder how long it would take to make the purchase pay off. As far as the town, I've been through Parowan, it's just a small-ish town. They advertise that they're close to Zion National Park, but it's still an hour drive or so to get there. I don't get the appeal--last thing I'd want after hiking all day in Zion is to drive an hour back to a historic house with no hot tub.

Lizzie's is still not listed as a B&B on TripAdvisor (Victoria's is there and it only has 5 reviews). I wonder if they've moved beyond serving anything but cinnamon rolls for breakfast........................

• Love 4