Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

On 2/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, silverspoons said:

As far as I am aware there is no company in Southern Utah to do filming. I know about 15 years ago when polygamy stories started to pop up , my husband had a relative that did a bit of I guess you would say scenery filming (he did some shots of the mountains, the street signs, the national park signs) for talk shows. He was just a local guy that filmed school events and that would get calls once in awhile. It was never with sound or people, just wanted film of the landscape. I remember one of the exit sign clips were used in a Lisa Ling special. Lisa came via AZ and  she did film in AZ (and she did a very good job of her interviewing) . The exit sign was on the Utah side and was this stock footage edited to look like it was close to Colorado City/Centential park. I happen to live off that exit. It is the most suburban middle class stucco track home neighborhoods full of schools and LDS ward houses. It was certainly nowhere near Warren Jeffs or Colorado City. 

I have seen a bunch of reality filmed here and they have all brought there own crews. That great Light fight show filmed 2 episodes here, both times the crew complained the difficult set up. It seemed like the stars or upper ups were in Vegas and came in to film and left to stay in Vegas. The crew was stuck in town with our dry city, 1 bar in a bowling alley with water down beer only and silly rules like no dancing or music outdoors. Then Disney films here, they for sure bring in their own crews, their filming and waivers were much different then TLC crews. Sister Wives at least when I have seen them film which hasnt been since 2015 was using a TLC production company out of NC. When TLC filmed the Jessop escaping show and the show about the FLDS teens and the LDS teens hanging out it was a different production company, I believe they were from CA? The reason I know this are so many people, including my family ends up being extras or background or at an event they film at and they make you sign papers or warn you of the filming. 

Southern Utah is a very weird place. You have to remember St George was about 20k people in the 1990's and now is over 100k  and is landlocked and just did not know how to grow. It is still good old boys running the city. New business are not easily welcomed and even if they decide to pay the fees and high rents, it is very hard to get supplies and travel here. That Family Pawn shop Myketi works at has been here for a long time. It would not be allowed to build here today. Building is very strict and expensive now. Our airport has no control tower and flies to Salt Lake City a few times a day and just added one flight to Denver which is expensive and fills fast since it is a tiny plane. Rental Cars, trucks etc and very hard to get (this is a huge complaint of those that film here). It is very funny to see, drive out to the airport which is in the middle of no where. It is only open 10-1 then 3-5 then 7-9, and they have a long rental car counter with the car companies and 1 guy that changes his name tag and goes serves every window. In 2017 I made 53 rental car reservations and only got cars 3 times. I know there are lots of compliants about film crews  and avaiblity of medical care. If it is after 8pm there are no pharmacies open between Spanish fork Utah and Las Vegas (which is about 450 miles) and only  1 urgent care with limited hours and no Sunday care at all. I was at the only urgent care and a college student got hurt and needed stitches. the wait was 6+ hours and his parents drove from CA and got to the urgent care and he was still waiting! They were horrified by the lack of urgent medical care. I'm sure tv crews worry about liability. 

The other fact is we have no local TV or news stations. It is very odd to have no real source of news. We had Charter cable about 18 years ago and they did produce local ads but they sold out to a small cable company Baja and Baja stopped local ads and shut the production area off. Now the cable fights between giving us SLC, Ut or Las Vegas as "local". Both have little to offer a city like ours. It is really scary how people on the new side of the city have NO idea what happens on the other side of the city. Tony and the family pawn shop are on the "old side" of the city. It has dual immersion schools(with over 3,000 students) that teach in Spanish and English. Ask someone on the new side of the city and they have no idea these schools exist. 

The ecomony is odd, but polygamist families that work (I said work Kody) can do well here. Wages are low, last year it was reported that St George has the second lowest wages in the US. But it evens out with very low property taxes and super cheap utlities(I believe they are the lowest power rates in the US or second) . So if you are a Polygamist family with a working husband and 2-3 wives that work even low wage jobs, you can have a decent home and life. The same house they have in vegas would be 150k cheaper here to buy, the utlities for be 8 times cheaper, and the HOA if you choose one for these 2 story stucco box communties are $75 a year not 200-300 a month. I do think Kody would be better off in Cedar City. It has a AUB church. It has bigger lots, four seasons, more flexible housing. 

After thinking about the old filming, I watch the Tom Green special (real stories on youtube) and it made me sick. I forgot how he was. He sure makes Kody look like prince charming. 

Thank you for answering!  Interesting stuff!  My grandparents used to live in St. George.  I was only there once (they lived there a few years before they couldn't be alone any longer).  I remember when they sold their house there was some REALLY shady stuff that went on with the sale with some fellow church people.  It involved some scammy balloon payment (they couldn't afford it turns out) and it taking a long time to sort out.  We did go to a good Greek restaurant there though.  Never felt compelled to return.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Lizzie's is still not listed as a B&B on TripAdvisor (Victoria's is there and it only has 5 reviews). I wonder if they've moved beyond serving anything but cinnamon rolls for breakfast........................

It's amazing to me how little information they provide about the B&B.  The website seems to be promoting Meri just as much as the actual building and their services.

I follow a few favorite inns and tourist sites on FB and it's amazing how much they hustle.  For weeks these places have been advertising their winter deals and romantic Valentine's packages, and one today already unveiled their Easter menu.  If it was being run by a non-Brown, I'd expect Lizzie's could have promoted Grand Opening specials, and then set up Valentine's deals, "Slopes and Sleep" packages with the nearby ski areas, spring getaways, etc., plus partnerships with local caterers and photographers for summer weddings.  There would be more pictures of the actual on-site amenities than there would be of Meri herself, and if they really wanted to play up the "celebrity" angle then her most recent blog entry wouldn't be from freakin' December.  

Anyway, just some meaningless observations.  I'm sure Meri would secretly be delighted if the business failed and she could finally do whatever the heck she wanted with the house and just giggle to the family and shrug, "I tried."

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, LilWharveyGal said:

It's amazing to me how little information they provide about the B&B.  The website seems to be promoting Meri just as much as the actual building and their services.

I follow a few favorite inns and tourist sites on FB and it's amazing how much they hustle.  For weeks these places have been advertising their winter deals and romantic Valentine's packages, and one today already unveiled their Easter menu.  If it was being run by a non-Brown, I'd expect Lizzie's could have promoted Grand Opening specials, and then set up Valentine's deals, "Slopes and Sleep" packages with the nearby ski areas, spring getaways, etc., plus partnerships with local caterers and photographers for summer weddings.  There would be more pictures of the actual on-site amenities than there would be of Meri herself, and if they really wanted to play up the "celebrity" angle then her most recent blog entry wouldn't be from freakin' December.  

Anyway, just some meaningless observations.  I'm sure Meri would secretly be delighted if the business failed and she could finally do whatever the heck she wanted with the house.

These are good observations! Nothing meaningless about them.

I'm thinking the same thing about the B&B. There are not a lot of details on her website, just some general information. You'd think being a Bed and BREAKFAST, she'd have something on her page about what they offer in the morning. I browsed several bed and breakfast pages in Utah and most of them have images/descriptions of a full breakfast. Meri should re-categorize her place and a Bed and Cinnamon Roll". 

She seems to be doing the bare minimum to attract visitors and I wonder if it's on purpose: "I have a website but they just didn't come, so I'm closing the business and it's just going to be a house." 

See below all the different B&Bs that actually serve a full breakfast. 

https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/utah.html

• Love 8

Versus basically hosting strangers who will most likely not offer to do the dishes etc. I would hope that Meri has someone come help out when she's not there. 

How much effort is required to wash one pan used to bake cinnamon rolls from a tube?  And a few forks and plates?  It's not the restaurant at the Ritz Carlton. 

And assuming there is a washer and dryer and she's not beating the sheets on a rock in the river, even doing laundry daily is hardly taxing.  Dollars to donuts there is never more than one room rented at a time.  And most B&B's don't change the linen daily. 

For free lodging and food, I know people would have done a lot more labor-wise than this would require.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

How much effort is required to wash one pan used to bake cinnamon rolls from a tube?  And a few forks and plates?  It's not the restaurant at the Ritz Carlton. 

And assuming there is a washer and dryer and she's not beating the sheets on a rock in the river, even doing laundry daily is hardly taxing.  Dollars to donuts there is never more than one room rented at a time.  And most B&B's don't change the linen daily. 

For free lodging and food, I know people would have done a lot more labor-wise than this would require.

It's not just the cooking, it's the cleaning. Even rooms that don't get much use still have to be dusted/vacuumed/aired. 

I also think she's going to be extremely lonely there. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's not just the cooking, it's the cleaning. Even rooms that don't get much use still have to be dusted/vacuumed/aired. 

I also think she's going to be extremely lonely there. 

Yes.  Cleaning has to be up to code.  No easy task. 

• Love 5

My mother has passed on, but there is no way I would have signed onto a plan that involved her staying alone with strangers in the house - not even paying customers.

My mother was very active and healthy when she was in her seventies, but I also would not have put her in a position where she absolutely had to get up early to fix cinnamon rolls, make or change bedding, vacuum, thoroughly clean the kitchen, etc day after day. 

It's rarely a good idea to start a new business and expect someone else to run it from day one. Even with a great cash flow it can take years for a business to make a profit. 

• Love 16
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait ... so who is living at the B&B helping to run it? Meri's mom or Christine's mom?  I thought it ended up being Christine's mom who moved in.  

They said Meri's mom would suck at it. 

I'm confused.

ETA : and how do we know who is actually living there running the place? Has it been mentioned in the reviews or on social media? I need to know who is baking those cinnamon rolls dammit ! lol

There are two reviews on the Inn's FB page. Both January 21, both praise Bonnie, one mentions meeting Meri. January 21 was a Sunday.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, suomi said:

There are two reviews on the Inn's FB page. Both January 21, both praise Bonnie, one mentions meeting Meri. January 21 was a Sunday.

This is really rude of me to say...... but it could have been ANYONE in the family that wrote those reviews.  It doesn't mean it was actually someone who stayed there.  I have heard (not sure of the truth) that some business do that when they are first starting out.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, suomi said:

They were fans who specifically stayed there because of the show. Mother and daughter, apparently for just one night.

There's really no other reason to stay there unless one has family nearby. 

Any review from a fan is bound to be biased. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, MonicaM said:

My mother has passed on, but there is no way I would have signed onto a plan that involved her staying alone with strangers in the house - not even paying customers.

My mother was very active and healthy when she was in her seventies, but I also would not have put her in a position where she absolutely had to get up early to fix cinnamon rolls, make or change bedding, vacuum, thoroughly clean the kitchen, etc day after day. 

It's rarely a good idea to start a new business and expect someone else to run it from day one. Even with a great cash flow it can take years for a business to make a profit. 

I've seen enough episodes of Gordon Ramsay's Nightmares and Hotel Hell to realize that people who don't know WTF they're doing buy a charming property and even with the best of intentions are quickly in over their heads.

• Love 18

I have heard (not sure of the truth) that some business do that when they are first starting out.

That's absolutely true.  Big sites like Travelocity have algorithms that look at too many posts from the same place or in the same vein to avoid competitors posting bad reviews and owner/friends posting good ones.  And two on the same date?  If a mother/daughter combo they each posted one.  Grain of salt time.

28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Any review from a fan is bound to be biased.

Got that right.  And since it's so remote and there are other nicer places to stay, you know that only fans will be there.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

This is really rude of me to say...... but it could have been ANYONE in the family that wrote those reviews.  It doesn't mean it was actually someone who stayed there.  I have heard (not sure of the truth) that some business do that when they are first starting out.

As mentioned, this  is common for smaller/new businesses that don't generate tons of reviews. Conversely, sometimes haters will post bad reviews (not cool either way!). It's difficult to pick up on, but I've been studying written statements for a long time. I was suspicious when I read it and thought at least one review reeked of Meri--if she didn't come up with that, she asked someone to do it for her. Why, she's the cherry on top! Puke.

Edited to add: And no bed and breakfast without a full, proper breakfast would generate a review that says the food is amazing. What, the cinnamon roll? I call BS on that, too. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9

The FB page tallies eleven reviews but you can read only two of them. The mother/daughter reviews. The others are just a name with the tag "reviewed" with no comments/no stars. Nothing has changed in two weeks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The FB page tallies eleven reviews but you can read only two of them. The mother/daughter reviews. The others are just a name with the tag "reviewed" with no comments/no stars. Nothing has changed in two weeks.

I'm wondering why she has not set up on TripAdvisor yet. As the business owner, she would be the one to do this (unless she's afraid to). It's a lot easier to manage FB reviews than managing average/ poor reviews on TripAdvisor. Could be she realizes her Bed and Cinnamon Roll is sub-parand doesn't want to hear from anyone but adoring fans.  Or, as some of us have been hinting at, she wants to be sub-par so she can fail--and look like she tried--so she can keep the house just for herself and her mom (and a room for the next batman).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

As mentioned, this  is common for smaller/new businesses that don't generate tons of reviews. Conversely, sometimes haters will post bad reviews (not cool either way!). It's difficult to pick up on, but I've been studying written statements for a long time. I was suspicious when I read it and thought at least one review reeked of Meri--if she didn't come up with that, she asked someone to do it for her. Why, she's the cherry on top! Puke.

Edited to add: And no bed and breakfast without a full, proper breakfast would generate a review that says the food is amazing. What, the cinnamon roll? I call BS on that, too. 

Some people think all free food is swell.  Go to Costco any day of the week and see people standing in line (with their entire extended family) for a sample of salted cod.  

Anyway, I think the Brown-Bots are probably writing any reviews.  Or gushing fans.  Same thing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've seen enough episodes of Gordon Ramsay's Nightmares and Hotel Hell to realize that people who don't know WTF they're doing buy a charming property and even with the best of intentions are quickly in over their heads.

lolol

Hotel Hell was the first thing that popped into my head when the whole Meri & her B&B popped up here. 

• Love 8

If I was reviewing a B&B (which I have on Yelp, TripAdvisor et al) or for that matter any travel location in which food was provided (whether or not it was included with the room) I wouldn't just say "great/amazing food" - i would give details on what I ate or at least a basic description.  These are fans, there's no WAY they're giving a bad review unless Meri slammed the door in their faces.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

"great/amazing food"

Yep, these might fit the "food" description but just barely.  

Somehow I can't see Bonnie or Meri making a whole pan of cinnamon rolls for two guests.  I suppose they could freeze them for when the next guest shows up in 6 months.  Yum.

cr.jpeg

• Love 7
20 hours ago, toodles said:

Some people think all free food is swell.  Go to Costco any day of the week and see people standing in line (with their entire extended family) for a sample of salted cod.  

Anyway, I think the Brown-Bots are probably writing any reviews.  Or gushing fans.  Same thing.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but not likely the kind of people seeking out a B&B. Think of Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day--People going to B&Bs are going to expect something above average when it comes to breakfast. And as Dakota said, reviewers usually describe the "great/amazing" food they've been served. 

I just think it's lame for ANY B&B to offer only a continental breakfast. 

GRmeme.jpg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but not likely the kind of people seeking out a B&B. Think of Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day--People going to B&Bs are going to expect something above average when it comes to breakfast. And as Dakota said, reviewers usually describe the "great/amazing" food they've been served. 

I just think it's lame for ANY B&B to offer only a continental breakfast. 

GRmeme.jpg

She could toss them a bowl of Christine's famous Mock Tapioca Puddin'...it does contain Cream of Wheat.

• Love 2

We've been to several B&Bs.  One has offered gourmet breakfasts (they make sure guests don't have food allergies, but from that point, the owners plan the meals).  Another had a continental breakfast, but it was extensive.  I'm okay either way.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We've been to several B&Bs.  One has offered gourmet breakfasts (they make sure guests don't have food allergies, but from that point, the owners plan the meals).  Another had a continental breakfast, but it was extensive.  I'm okay either way.

We stayed in a B&B in York, England for a few days and the owners made us HUGE English breakfasts (had baked beans, slices of warm tomatoes, mushrooms, lol) and of course eggs and meats.  VERY nice!  And on those days we didn't want a breakfast because we were going somewhere else, they were actually disappointed!  

Edited by Kyanight
I had a big brain fart. Said "American" instead of "English".
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

We stayed in a B&B in York, England for a few days and the owners made what THEY thought was a huge "American" breakfast (had baked beans, slices of warm tomatoes, mushrooms, lol) and of course eggs and meats.  VERY nice!  And on those days we didn't want a breakfast because we were going somewhere else, they were actually disappointed!  

That breakfast describes what I've always seen on menus as a "Full English" breakfast.  LOL.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

What is an extensive continental? To me that's the same thing you find in a regular hotel--oatmeal, cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, pastries here and there, maybe some scrambled eggs in a bin, etc. If people can get that anywhere, why stay at a B&B? Not trying to seem argumentative, I just don't get why they wouldn't have a full breakfast as a choice on top of a continental. 

I'm more of a plain oatmeal kind of girl but if I were to stay at a B&B, I'd kind of hope they'd go all out. Breakfast is in the name. 

Just now, AZChristian said:

That breakfast describes what I've always seen on menus as a "Full English" breakfast.  LOL.

I've always wanted to try a full English breakfast, just once!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

YOU'RE RIGHT!!  Duh - sorry about that!  Early in the morning, here.  ha ha

• Love 1

The B&Bs I've stayed at: 

One had a restaurant on the premises (in the original house - they also had a converted barn and even a water tower as rooms) where guests could select what they wanted from a breakfast menu, including a free mimosa. All organic and locally sourced, something for everyone. 

One on Maui on Front Street - home-baked breads and pastries, homemade jam from guava trees on the property, available not just at breakfast but all day. Cocktails and appetizers at 4 pm. Gracious hosts (a gay couple) who also had a garage filled with cruiser bikes, surfboards, boogie boards, etc for guests to use as they wished. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

One had a restaurant on the premises (in the original house - they also had a converted barn and even a water tower as rooms) where guests could select what they wanted from a breakfast menu, including a free mimosa. All organic and locally sourced, something for everyone. 

One on Maui on Front Street - home-baked breads and pastries, homemade jam from guava trees on the property, available not just at breakfast but all day. Cocktails and appetizers at 4 pm. Gracious hosts (a gay couple) who also had a garage filled with cruiser bikes, surfboards, boogie boards, etc for guests to use as they wished. 

Yep, sounds just like Lizzie's.  Without any of the things you mentioned.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think the difference is that the muffins and pastries at the B&Bs where we've stayed were fresh-baked that morning (rather than the Holiday Inn Express stuff that you have to open cellophane to get to).  

Yes, the freshness and variety are what separate a great Continental breakfast from a crappy one. 

I love breakfast, but I don't need a huge meal with sausages, bacon, eggs any style, pancakes, etc to be happy on vacation. Regardless of where I'm staying, if they offer fresh bagels with toppings, fresh pastries/muffins, and really good coffee, I'm happy.

Edited by Gothish520
spelling
  • Love 6

I like fresh fruit (local when available.)  I'm gluten sensitive/lactose intolerant, so eggs and homemade hash browns are great.  Bacon and sausage optional.  I probably just described a full breakfast.  

It's been so many years since we've stayed at a B & B, I really don't remember what they served?  I tend to book at hotels with a full breakfast, since I can't do pastries or yogurt.  Great coffee is a huge plus.

I'm sure our Meri thinks her "star power" should be enough.  I could see her deleting any negative comments on her site.  She can only dish out criticism, she can't take it.

• Love 6
On 2/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, Roslyn said:

lolol

Hotel Hell was the first thing that popped into my head when the whole Meri & her B&B popped up here. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was subjected to such a horrible but memorable B rated movie ?.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:24 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

I follow a few favorite inns and tourist sites on FB and it's amazing how much they hustle.  For weeks these places have been advertising their winter deals and romantic Valentine's packages, and one today already unveiled their Easter menu.  If it was being run by a non-Brown, I'd expect Lizzie's could have promoted Grand Opening specials, and then set up Valentine's deals, "Slopes and Sleep" packages with the nearby ski areas, spring getaways, etc....

Quoting myself to say - Good Lord!  Did she actually kind of heed this advice?

https://lizziesheritageinn.com/blogs/news/happy-valentines-day

• Love 4

She may have.  But she has not heeded the advice to either get someone to proof read her blurbs or get an actual writer to create them.   "The small tiny day to day acts of kindness...."  Were they small or were they tiny?  Can't be both.  What are "colorful activities"?  And nothing says "dreamy destination" like a bunch of granny's old furniture.

• Love 7

The glaring errors make me suspicious that she also wrote the "review" of the inn.  

I have never been so impressed with a B&B in my life. I loved staying at Lizzie's Heritage Inn. I am telling you this is a MUST if you are going to be driving through or visiting Parowan. Bonnie is the most kind woman I have ever met and an incredible host. The food is define and the comfort level is a +10. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (I am not kidding, wow!¿¿ I slept like a baby) and the entire B&B including our room was so clean! And seeing Meri Brown was just the cherry on top, incredibly nice family!

The food is "define".  First of all, what food?  A pan of cinnamon rolls does count as food, in my estimation.  And could it be any more gushy?  This is a MUST?  Check out VRBO for other places for rent in the area - whole condos or homes for less than a night at the inn.  Puh-leeze.

• Love 6

From the link

Valentine’s Day is special at Lizzie’s Heritage Inn. Prior to being an Inn, my great-great grandparents, Charles and Sarah Adams built this home in 1870 with love of each other and love for the family that would follow. 

I understand her sentimental feelings, but does everything have to be about the grandparents? And yes Meri, they would have built it prior to it being  the inn it is now. Many things happened “prior”.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The glaring errors make me suspicious that she also wrote the "review" of the inn.  

The food is "define".  First of all, what food?  A pan of cinnamon rolls does count as food, in my estimation.  And could it be any more gushy?  This is a MUST?  Check out VRBO for other places for rent in the area - whole condos or homes for less than a night at the inn.  Puh-leeze.

Maybe "define" is their version of divine?  Like dill for deal?  Or fill for feel?  I'm assuming a relative of Meri's posted this.  Gush away, sycophants.  I'm not easily fooled.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe "define" is their version of divine?  Like dill for deal?  Or fill for feel?  I'm assuming a relative of Meri's posted this.  Gush away, sycophants.  I'm not easily fooled.

One time I went to the worst B&B in the world.  The room my husband and I were in was above the bar and the cigarette smoke rose up and fogged our room by closing time.  The owner was inebriated day and night.  In the morning our faux egg mcmuffin was frozen in the middle.  It was awful and so funny that we went back three more times.... we kept wanting to see if it could get any worse.  I think that while Meri's B&B isn't awful, there isn't much to make it special or memorable.

Edited by neh
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From the link

Valentine’s Day is special at Lizzie’s Heritage Inn. Prior to being an Inn, my great-great grandparents, Charles and Sarah Adams built this home in 1870 with love of each other and love for the family that would follow. 

I understand her sentimental feelings, but does everything have to be about the grandparents? And yes Meri, they would have built it prior to it being  the inn it is now. Many things happened “prior”.

Meri is pushing the Ancestors hard because she is "branding" her Inn. Take away her family connection and it's just an old building turned into a place to sleep for the night in a far from a couple of tourist attractions place. She most likely read something online or is using some of the pep talk craps from the MLM cult mentality that is LulaNo.  Craft the story and people will buy the product in hopes of being a part of something in the here and now.  It's a very common selling technique.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Craft the story and people will buy the product in hopes of being a part of something in the here and now.

But who the heck cares about her ancestors?  Heck, I wouldn't go out of my way to find a place my ancient ancestors lived let alone someone else's. It's just an old house filled with old stuff and it's unlikely she even has any compelling stories to tell.  They built a house, they raised a family.  Big whoop.  Happens every day. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Heck, I wouldn't go out of my way to find a place my ancient ancestors lived let alone someone else's.

Them is fightin' words to genealogists like me! ;) You are right though, she needs to take it one step further and tie the home's history into polygamy's history. Talk about why there are multiple doors, why they were necessary, even when the state and LDS approved of polygamy. Her family lived there until thirty years ago. Were they still polygamists and how did they manage to live as plygs there. Talk about Parowan and it's history. Just a quick look at the town's website says it was the first southern town settled in Utah and they have the best cinnamon rolls in the west. OK, lost opportunity there Mer! No wonder they have cinnamon rolls for brecky. Come up with your own CR recipe, advertise the shit out of it and have frozen rolls for sale. (If this happens, I want 20%).

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Them is fightin' words to genealogists like me! ;) You are right though, she needs to take it one step further and tie the home's history into polygamy's history. Talk about why there are multiple doors, why they were necessary, even when the state and LDS approved of polygamy. Her family lived there until thirty years ago. Were they still polygamists and how did they manage to live as plygs there. Talk about Parowan and it's history. Just a quick look at the town's website says it was the first southern town settled in Utah and they have the best cinnamon rolls in the west. OK, lost opportunity there Mer! No wonder they have cinnamon rolls for brecky. Come up with your own CR recipe, advertise the shit out of it and have frozen rolls for sale. (If this happens, I want 20%).

Meri could turn this into a great way to supplement the income from the B&B, people may actually drive 3 blocks to enjoy such take away delights as : Christine's Mock Tapioca Pudding, Meri's Mock Ravioli, Janelle's Peanut Butter Fritos and Meri's Soda Cracker Surprise.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri could turn this into a great way to supplement the income from the B&B, people may actually drive 3 blocks to enjoy such take away delights as : Christine's Mock Tapioca Pudding, Meri's Mock Ravioli, Janelle's Peanut Butter Fritos and Meri's Soda Cracker Surprise.

What would be dear Robyn's contribution to the recipe book?  Or did she believe Doofus when he told her "you're too pretty to cook."

Yeah, she probably bought into that bullshit...

• Love 6
On 1/23/2018 at 2:31 PM, Quickbeam said:

My advice on nursing (30 year RN here) is to try a year as a nursing assistant. My class was filled with high achievers and yet 12 months after we graduated a full 50% of my class had abandoned nursing. 

I too am a 30 year nurse, not retired yet unfortunately but have put myself out to pasture as a nurse working in surgical review for an insurance company. I agree with you in regards to so many of the new nurses leaving the profesion after a few years. Not only my niece who got her BSN 4 years ago, has worked ER and says she's only doing it one more year, than changing careers but almost every applicant we've had at the insurance company I work at is under 35. They all left hospital jobs and say they'l never go back. Just read they're expecting the worst nursing shortage in modern history in the next 3 years so Maddie won't have a hard time finding a job, regardless of whether she gets an ADN or BSN. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, lma said:

She totally did.

She or someone she knows reads this site. I bet it’s Meri herself. 

And she needs to listen.

She thinks she has fans because she’s “living her why” and “facing her challenges straight on.” Keep telling yourself that, sister.  We all know that’s not true. You have fans because there are people who will worship anybody. If I got a reality show tomorrow - me a plain Jane with a boring job and an unremarkable life - I’d have fans too. Somebody out there would say I inspire them (cause I’m on TV).

The world we live in is puzzling (and very concerning).

It is, when "reality" tv personalities have weird, devoted "fans", especially when the person is mean or otherwise unlikable. But, they're ON TV or whatever. Even I'm guilty of this--years ago, Adam Richman followed me on Twitter and even interacted with me. Oh boy! "Man Vs Food" guy followed lil' ol me! I've since realized how silly this was and have left Twitter completely because of the incessant text vomit (but I still get stupid email updates). 

They're just people who are on television, especially with the "reality" shows.

• Love 6

Next week's promo is back to the ancient feud between Meri and Janelle.

These two will NEVER get along as there is too much bad blood between them.  I say let them just live with the hostility between them. They have done well so far and Meri is pretty much out the door. So who give a rats ass at this point??

TLC is really stretching this out. 

• Love 8