Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, since a number of them had to be manually pushed out of the way, one wonders how many are actually drive-able.

I'm curious with the dead cars and them being in an HOA.  Most have rules and fines about things like that.  And while I live in a different state at the end of a dead end road, we had rental neighbors a few years ago that were hoarders. 2 sets of neighbors notified the owners of the rental that the county could be notified and they would be fined.  The owners were horrified to find the entire driveway, garage, area in front of the garage and the front yard, loaded with junk and it was soon gone.  But that begs the question - does Las Vegas have something like that?  And dudes, just sell the cars for like $40 to a junkyard or a pic and pull type place and they will tow them away.  Or perhaps Kody, maybe you and Caleb and FT could watch some youtube videos and get some of the cars working???

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Or perhaps Kody, maybe you and Caleb and FT could watch some youtube videos and get some of the cars working???

Let's see - do a YouTube search and then actually get off the couch, get hands dirty, and do manual labor?  Not enough tacos in FT's world, not enough people to give Kodoofus the adulation the feels he deserves for this tremendous effort and Caleb is busy working out the bathroom schedule with the rest of the kids still living at the house.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So keeping it really simple and using your figures ... 4 cars, $900...

If the Browns are insuring 16 cars, it could cost roughly $3600 a month.  

Let's actually take the five adults out of it ... deduct $1,100 dollars a month. It would still cost over $2500 a month for those kids to all be insured, versus a couple of them racking up a fine of maybe thousand dollars a year. 

$2500 x 12 = $ 30,000 a year just for the kids. Pay that or roll the dice you may have to pay ... $5000 in fines. ? 

Even if you cut that figure in half down to $15,000 I would bet they are allowing a significant number of those kids to drive uninsured. 

Of course I am just *totally* speculating and using wildly rough approximations of costs and fines etc. I am not an insurance agent or a Las Vegas traffic cop and I cannot guarantee anything I've said is true or accurate ?

I would assume that some of these kids are working.  Lets hope that they are keeping liability on their own car.  I know my parents told us if we wanted to drive we would have to pay our own insurance and upkeep on the car and gas.  Then again I started working in junior high school.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Let's see - do a YouTube search and then actually get off the couch, get hands dirty, and do manual labor?  Not enough tacos in FT's world, not enough people to give Kodoofus the adulation the feels he deserves for this tremendous effort and Caleb is busy working out the bathroom schedule with the rest of the kids still living at the house.

Amen, spiritual sister wife!  

I seem to be recalling a song called "Who Do You Think You're Fooling."  I Tunes may have it :)

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And I was leaning toward Mr. Big Stuff.

"Mr. Big Stuff, who do you think you are, Mr. Big Stuff, you're nevah gonna get my love."

You can tell I listen to the "oldies" stations.

I'm ashamed to say it, but the episodes with FT were at least more entertaining than the last couple.  This "OMG, if I set foot in Utah, I'm gonna be jailbait" is just not believable.  Are there people out there that buy that bullshit?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Apparently TLC thinks there are.  But, again, this is old news so boring as hell.

So boring and unrealistic. They really think the authorities have nothing better to do than to stake out suspected plyg families who are on tv? Like they don't have more important things to be working on besides Kody "The Ego" Brown? These TV plygs are SO full of themselves; now we've got the SSW show pulling this crap, too. 

Having worked as a LEO I can say we don't give a crap about plyg families unless abuse is going on. It's like someone going one mile an hour over the speed limit--no one cares. 

• Love 16

I feel sorry for Meri. She is floundering. She has been discarded. I think the B&B will take her mind off of it for a while, but eventually she will find that she still feels empty...... Is that the next story line?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The baby shower is on tonight’s show. I want to know who made the cake.

5AC02F7D-29D8-429B-A1BB-E5D12016D3A9.png

Probably the same person, Meri's cousin I think, that made their bare/naked cake for their wedding.

Could they not restrain themselves, for just this occasion, to have something that wasn't hunting themed.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, antfitz said:

I feel sorry for Meri. She is floundering. She has been discarded. I think the B&B will take her mind off of it for a while, but eventually she will find that she still feels empty...... Is that the next story line?

She's floundering and discarded because of her own actions (and actions she's never atoned for, let alone admitted). 

Pay closer attention. You'll likely change your mind about Meri "The Manipulator" Brown. 

• Love 9

Meri is a stone cold bitch who would kill and eat her own young to get her way.  If Sam had been real she'd have walked away from the fambly in a hot second and without a second thought. The fact that she got catfished is karma for the horrible way she's treated others and continues to treat them.  She's even nasty to her LuLaNo customers and only gets away with it because she's a Z list "star" and has a bunch of ass kissing fans.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She's floundering and discarded because of her own actions (and actions she's never atoned for, let alone admitted). 

Pay closer attention. You'll likely change your mind about Meri "The Manipulator" Brown. 

Sorry, but I disagree. She was manipulated right autumn marriage with a lame excuse that he needed to adopt robins kids. All it was was Robin was his favorite the newest, thinnest one. Goods only after that that you learn that they had not been getting along very much. Once manipulated out of the marriage Comus she felt lost I am sure. Maybe you need to watch it more closely.

• Love 4

@antfitz, I'm not entirely sure what your post says but all that Meri had to do was say no to the divorce.  And she wasn't manipulated into her relationship with Sam - the fact that it turned out to be a catfisher was beside the point.  And she wasn't being manipulated when demanding that the rest of the family turn over money (that could have been better spent on medical insurance for necessary treatment/surgery for the kids) so that she could buy that junker house. 

She's selfish and demanding because she regrets going along with the whole polygamy thing and it bit her in the ass.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And she wasn't manipulated into her relationship with Sam - the fact that it turned out to be a catfisher was beside the point. 

This right here^^^ is why I feel NO sympathy for Meri and all of her poormeimavictim BS.  In my opinion, she'd have gotten a lot more respect if she would have owned her actions, instead of blaming "Sam" for duping her.  She got exactly what a cheating, sneaky spouse deserved before she ever even admitted to her husband/wives what went on.

4 hours ago, antfitz said:

She was manipulated right autumn marriage with a lame excuse that he needed to adopt robins kids.

I doubt very seriously Meri gets manipulated into anything.  Ever.

• Love 14
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

@antfitz, I'm not entirely sure what your post says but all that Meri had to do was say no to the divorce.  And she wasn't manipulated into her relationship with Sam - the fact that it turned out to be a catfisher was beside the point.  And she wasn't being manipulated when demanding that the rest of the family turn over money (that could have been better spent on medical insurance for necessary treatment/surgery for the kids) so that she could buy that junker house. 

She's selfish and demanding because she regrets going along with the whole polygamy thing and it bit her in the ass.

16 minutes ago, kicotan said:

This right here^^^ is why I feel NO sympathy for Meri and all of her poormeimavictim BS.  In my opinion, she'd have gotten a lot more respect if she would have owned her actions, instead of blaming "Sam" for duping her.  She got exactly what a cheating, sneaky spouse deserved before she ever even admitted to her husband/wives what went on.

Other women warned Meri that "Sam" was a catfish. Meri's own daughter warned her. And even though everyone knows what went on with her and "Sam" (bananas, bubble bath and recorded messages), she has never been forthcoming for her part. It's like the kid who's got chocolate on his fingers but will not admit he took cookies from the jar--or rather, maybe he DID take a cookie but it wasn't HIS idea. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’m sorry but it’s possible to pay attention and still feel sorry for Meri. I am always disgusted at how little blame is put on Kody for this entire dysfunctional family. He controls everything. He creates and relishes an environment in which his wives fight over him and vie for his attention. 25 years of that can turn someone into manipulative bitch. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m sorry but it’s possible to pay attention and still feel sorry for Meri. I am always disgusted at how little blame is put on Kody for this entire dysfunctional family. He controls everything. He creates and relishes an environment in which his wives fight over him and vie for his attention. 25 years of that can turn someone into manipulative bitch. 

I'd feel sorry for her if she'd just DO something about her misery (and accept blame in the catfish relationship versus deflecting). And maybe she does have something planned, but can't let it be known until the season is over. Why would a woman hang around when the man is "done" with her? 

It would not surprise me if the final episode implied the departure of Meri. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Me too. Even if she went with the truth I might be sympathetic. Admitted to being lonely, upset and hurt after being manipulated, convinced or whatever into the divorce. That she was hurt and lonely the way Robyn but more importantly Kody acted practically giddy at legally marrying Robyn and going off on a honeymoon. So when Sam started paying attention she liked the attention Admit that fell for him, dated him and wanted him. Yes, I know they never did anything off the computer or phones. But they talked, flirted, the banana. There was an entire relationship and she was ready to run off with him. She was preparing to leave him and wanted to rub it in her sisterwives and Kody that she landed gorgeous rich man. It only didn't happen because she was catfish. Had it been real she would be gone. She won't admit to any of that. She refuses to admit she did anything wrong or hurt anyone in her family.  Yes, she was catfish and that is terrible Jackie is a psycho, but she's still the one who chose and participated in a relationship with someone else. Own up to the relationship. You can own up to it and still say how horrible, shocked and hurt you were when finding out you were catfished. But no Meri refuses to do that. Refuses to admit she did anything or hurt anyone. That's what makes it hard to feel sympathy for her. 

• Love 12

Yes, I also believe that Meri was hurt after the divorce (which she was complicit in - she's a grown ass woman!!) and wanted to take it out on Kody and Robyn specifically. Remember when "Sam" sent her carnations? She couldn't wait to post a pic on Twitter with her giant grin. 

• Love 10
On 2/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, Roslyn said:

United States has a felony law on the books that says basically if you live with a woman who you are not legally married to, and call her your wife even through religious reasons...that's illegal.

But he's not living with any of them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't think Meri owes an explanation. It is clear what happened and I don't blame her for wanting to be loved. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

When Kody and Mariah were talking at the old house, he did admit that part of it was his fault.  Mariah didn't want to hear any of that.  She wanted to put all the blame on Meri.

3 hours ago, kicotan said:

True, I think it's the other way around, she manipulates them or just wears them down so she can have her way.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's why I don't buy this wonderful Mariah transformation. She lacks empathy for her mother. She is old enough to understand the fucked up situation her mother is in. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

So as I was falling asleep last night this latest episode of Sister Wives was on my mind.  I thought - "What the hell is going on with Kody's hair?!?!?"  And then it occurred to me who he is trying to look like:   image.png.182f89a0786b6f32c7c992511174f473.png

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Could they not restrain themselves, for just this occasion, to have something that wasn't hunting themed. (Talking about the baby shower cake).

No kidding! The wedding cake was hunting themed for pete's sake.  Now the baby shower cake has to be, too?  Look, I went to Montana State University.  Everyone and their dog and cat were hunters ... but guess what.... our cakes didn't have to be "hunting" cakes!  Things can be taken to extreme sometimes.

On another note (but related) - while I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to the show (going in for the more interesting parts) I heard Maddie say something about wanting another kid in 2 years.  I am wondering if she still feels the same after the ordeal she seemed to go through birthing Axel Brush.   Although you tend to forget the pain very quickly.  I read somewhere that she wants to have a girl next and name her "Hayer".

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

So as I was falling asleep last night this latest episode of Sister Wives was on my mind.  I thought - "What the hell is going on with Kody's hair?!?!?"  And then it occurred to me who he is trying to look like:   image.png.182f89a0786b6f32c7c992511174f473.png

I was wondering the same thing. I think a few of us should take a road trip, ambush him and shave his head. He would not be bad looking if he would do something with that mess on the top of his head. I have no car so I cannot volunteer to drive but if someone wants to swing by and pick me up in Houston I will help pay for gas.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maricopa said:

But he's not living with any of them.

Exactly.  That's why the whole "we are felons in Utah" storyline is just not true in any sense.  They don't live in Utah and even when they did live in Utah they lived in "separate apartments" within one house.  Lots of houses are under one roof, but have divided apartments.  I'm sure Kody was legally residing with his legally married wife Meri and was a neighbor to two single mothers who just happened to have a very common last name in common.  I believe someone looked up Christine's bankruptcy papers online many years ago and she listed Kody Brown as her landlord.  Even then...they weren't officially living together.  If the state of Utah didn't bring polygamy charges against Warren Jeffs then they aren't against Kody, or creepy eyes Joe, or the new Seeking Sister Wives creepy Drew or any other polygamous man who is only legally married to one woman and makes babies with others...yet doesn't break any other existing laws.  If Kody had anything to truly fear from the authorities at that time it would be someone combing through his past welfare etc that his "I call them wives on tv and claim all my children" brings in as single mothers and the rotational bankruptcy that he and Meri, Janelle and Christine all went through prior to the show airing. THAT is something that the state would bring charges against.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

No kidding! The wedding cake was hunting themed for pete's sake.  Now the baby shower cake has to be, too?  Look, I went to Montana State University.  Everyone and their dog and cat were hunters ... but guess what.... our cakes didn't have to be "hunting" cakes!  Things can be taken to extreme sometimes.

On another note (but related) - while I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to the show (going in for the more interesting parts) I heard Maddie say something about wanting another kid in 2 years.  I am wondering if she still feels the same after the ordeal she seemed to go through birthing Axel Brush.   Although you tend to forget the pain very quickly.  I read somewhere that she wants to have a girl next and name her "Hayer".

Hayer Brush, that's just swell, the one after could be Tuthe Brush.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I believe someone looked up Christine's bankruptcy papers online many years ago and she listed Kody Brown as her landlord. ...

... If Kody had anything to truly fear from the authorities at that time it would be someone combing through his past welfare etc that his "I call them wives on tv and claim all my children" brings in as single mothers and the rotational bankruptcy that he and Meri, Janelle and Christine all went through prior to the show airing. THAT is something that the state would bring charges against.

Kody and his herd's fear arrest seems so unjustified yet is so HUGE, I've been wondering for a while now if there wasn't actually some kind of underlying criminal offense that they are afraid of having exposed and facing prosecution for.

What is the statute of limitations on bankruptcy fraud in Utah?

Because if Christine represented herself as having a debt to Kody because he was her landlord and that figured in a meaningful way into her bankruptcy, sounds kinda sorta of fraud-ish to me. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Kody and his herd's fear arrest seems so unjustified yet is so HUGE, I've been wondering for a while now if there wasn't actually some kind of underlying criminal offense that they are afraid of having exposed and facing prosecution for.

Because if Christine represented herself as having a debt to Kody because he was her landlord and that figured in a meaningful way into her bankruptcy, sounds kinda sorta of fraud-ish to me. 

I have believed for a long time that there was something more than "we will be arrested for being polygamists" behind the whole pick up and move in three days scenario.  My Grandmother taught me bookkeeping when I was a young teenager and she broke her arm and I had to do all the typing and writing for her, and later I took accounting classes in college.  I'm very good at running the numbers and have a natural "put my ducks in a row" personality, so my head usually looks at the whole picture very quickly.  Their storyline never sat with me when I first watched it and later when I found the original online discussion blog and people were finding out all the financial things online it occurred to me that they may have had "fancy footwork" in their finances. Janelle was the wife who was the bookkeeper of the family and she never put up a fuss at moving...she would have known everything they ever did financially if there was ever anything there.

I have no idea how many years they could bring charges tho. 

• Love 10

Well now I know why I couldn't find anything about the Utah statute of limitations on bankruptcy. Duhhh bankruptcy is a federal offense. Sorry my brain is operating on a combination of coffee and NyQuil this morning.

Anyway, it appears the statute of limitations is essentially five years although there is potentially an extension of that time period if acts in furtherance of the fraud continue after the original offense.

So how long have they been in Nevada? I think it's been longer than five years, right. At what point did they start making trips back to Utah? In other words at what point did they overcome their fear of setting foot in the state? 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Christi said:

Awe look at all those cute animals on that cake!! Daddy cant wait till the spawn gets old enough to go hunt them and watch them die...super cool??

I hope Axel is a musician, a poet, an artist, anything but a carbon copy of Caleb.  Why?  Kids should be allowed to choose their own interests to a certain degree, and a parent doesn't need a mini-me clone.  It's fine if that's what the kid chooses, but overbearing parents that expect their child to share all of their interests, are being unrealistic.  JMO, no flames please :)

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope Axel is a musician, a poet, an artist, anything but a carbon copy of Caleb.  Why?  Kids should be allowed to choose their own interests to a certain degree, and a parent doesn't need a mini-me clone.  It's fine if that's what the kid chooses, but overbearing parents that expect their child to share all of their interests, are being unrealistic.  JMO, no flames please :)

No flames from me!  I totally agree.  I have four kids and we compliment each other - but they don't share my hobbies and interests.  I have to say though, I LIKE it that way, for the most part.  I hate to sew and quilt, but I LOVE looking at my daughter's finished projects and fabric shopping with her.   I hate to cook but I love to eat the stuff my culinary graduate son makes - and so on and so forth.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I'd feel sorry for her if she'd just DO something about her misery (and accept blame in the catfish relationship versus deflecting). And maybe she does have something planned, but can't let it be known until the season is over. Why would a woman hang around when the man is "done" with her? 

It would not surprise me if the final episode implied the departure of Meri. 

Me either.  The way I see it, she's single, doesn't want to help with the underage kids, is "LIVING MY (her) WHY," so why indeed would she stay?  Especially if this is the last season (and I think it may be.)  Just go & help mama with your B & B.  Push your LulaNO crap on your few customers, and keep being bitchy to your Facebook sycophants.  They love you anyway (although I can't fathom why.)

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It’s fine if that's what the kid chooses, but overbearing parents that expect their child to share all of their interests, are being unrealistic.  JMO, no flames please :)

Preach! I hoped my daughter would be a rock climber and soccer player like I am, but for her, dance was love at first pirouette, and she’s very musical like Daddy. So I happily schlep her to dance and music class and my heart swells to literal near-burst to see her joy. That Caleb thinks his son will automatically follow in his footsteps, not even to mention that he feels he needs a son for that to be so, shows he knows little about how kids actually work, and makes me feel so sad for his own kids. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The welfare and bankrupcy could have been full of fraud but even if the state (or feds) came after them which is rare  I think the penalty would be small. There was recently a HUGE 11 million polygamist welfare scam that was caught in Southern Utah/Northern AZ. Basically the FLDS had their own "grocery store" and took in 11 million dollars in food stamps money and didnt not give out the food. Basically single moms got the food stamps and the FLDS "grocery store" processed the food stamp money and gave the moms no food. There was at least 10 big arrests, including rings leader Lyle Jeffs (who was on the run and a witch hunt to find him). Everyone thought the fraud was going to be punished but surprisingly even Lyle just got probation or a small house arrest for 11 million dollars! There is just not the resources and time to go after the small Christine's taking medicaid and 300-400 a month in food stamps. Rural Utah had few resources for the single moms, abused women, disabled, it is basically no questions asked welfare. 

In the years I have lived in southern Utah, the only time I saw the police was to stop a man from trying to offer help to polygamists. I was in the grocery store and a few polygamists women were shopping. A man yelled, I'll help you, leave the FLDS. Other customers told him to be quiet and let them be. The women just kept shopping and the man kept saying leave the FLDS so customers told the women to ignore him and got the police to escort him out of the store. 

I do not want to reveal whom but I have seen plenty of high ranking political and law enforcement in Utah hire polygamist to do construction on their homes. Polygamists are known for good construction quality at low rates. Sometimes they use child labor and it is looked the other way. Last year I was driving the carpool home and a young polygamist man maybe 13-14? was on a backhoe and was in the road stuck. It was dangerous. I was driving kids home from school about the same age. I realized the house belonged to an upper up and nothing would be done about the child labor. 

I have never understand Kody's desire (except for fame) to make polygamy legal. If it were legal he could not have had all the welfare he has had, the multiple bankrupcy and I'm sure they are not being honest on financial aid forms. The last big case of a polygamist going to jail was Tom Green, he married four 14 year old girls when he was 35+ and one of their moms and they lived in terrible conditions in the desert and the 1-2 Kingston's that had minimal jail time for marrying underage 1st cousins/nieces (I was at the Hospital when a 14 year old Kingston had an emergency birth and it haunts me). The laws are still there only to protect these underage girls. Does Kody have a solution to the rare but still happening underage problems? Does Kody have a replacement law? 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

No flames! I don't think there is anything wrong with Caleb hoping that his son will enjoy some of the same interests that Dad does, but I have to admit, it would be quite amusing if Axel turned out to be an animal-rights activist totally opposed to hunting. I have a cousin who loves it and has bagged several deer, and my dad even dabbled a bit in his younger years (never shot anything!). I don't get it at all, but to each their own.

8 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Preach! I hoped my daughter would be a rock climber and soccer player like I am, but for her, dance was love at first pirouette, and she’s very musical like Daddy. So I happily schlep her to dance and music class and my heart swells to literal near-burst to see her joy. That Caleb thinks his son will automatically follow in his footsteps, not even to mention that he feels he needs a son for that to be so, shows he knows little about how kids actually work, and makes me feel so sad for his own kids. 

I think Caleb is just hoping that his son will enjoy hunting. Nothing wrong with that.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think Caleb is just hoping that his son will enjoy hunting. Nothing wrong with that.

I don’t think anyone said there was—my personal feelings about hunting aside, I certainly didn’t. My concerns about Caleb, noted above, have little to nothing to do with his love for hunting. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

The welfare and bankrupcy could have been full of fraud but even if the state (or feds) came after them which is rare  I think the penalty would be small.

But ... but ... but they'd be felons!!!  Sentenced to years and years in prison, with their families torn apart, their children scattered in the wind!

The government has singled out the Browns for punishment because they are such a shining example of a happy plyg family and they are not gonna stop until they have Bad Ass Kody Brown behind bars! 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The government has singled out the Browns for punishment because they are such a shining example of a happy plyg family and they are not gonna stop until they have Bad Ass Kody Brown behind bars! 

Do you ever get the feeling that Kody WANTS to be arrested?  That way he will have full validation (I hate that word thanks to them) that he is truly, without doubt a persecuted man.

• Love 9

Kody being arrested would definitely be a good thing for the show, too. It would surely guarantee them another season. 

Unfortunately the state of Utah doesn't appear to give a damn about him and his brood.  Which is smart ... let the Brown clowns be pulled from the air due to being crushing bores. The last thing Utah should do is provide material for their little drama and keep them on tv. 

Well played, Utah. Well played!

• Love 19