Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: The Honeymoons, Part 1

• Start Topic

I'm not sure if I like or don't like all the couples meeting and hanging out together during the experiment.

I wonder what is planned for all of them once they are back from the honeymoons.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Lily247 said:

That is definitely a convo to have in a girls only or guys only context. I imagine that Jaclyn would have been mortified if Ryan announced to other couples about them having sex; however they probably wold have both told the truth if he was with the guys and she was with the girls.  I am very private as well but sometimes talk about sex with my girlfriends; I would be horribly embarrased if our sex life was discussed among mixed-groups , particularly around my husband's male friends if I was in the room. 

Is it just me, or did Jon give a side eye to both the other couples ? 

Shawniece shouldn't have asked the sex question in the first place.  Who asks a question like that when they just met, especially when the guys are there too.   That was stupid, unless it was producer driven, which I think is the case.

1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

I guess it is just the way I am wired as well as he. Sometimes past relationships used to come up in convo in the beginning of our relationship and it never gave the conversation any positivity. I would say unless there were ,serious issues, like if someone had previosuly dated an abuser, exes should stay in the past, JMHO. Now this is just me personally, but if my husband while we were dating were to bring up his deceased ex girlfriend numerous times; if he woke up in the middle of the night saying her name; if I found him crying in the shower about it; etc, I wouldnt get serious with him because it would mean that he wasn't ready to move on. He was quite young when he lost his girlfriend so I'm sure he feels sad and wistful about it but does not need me to comfort him on such an issue, since he only talked about it once and is very well adjusted. Maybe other individuals have no issue with it but I would never be in the mood to compete with the legacy of a dead ex. My husband and I are also not each other's BFFs - that would be placing way too high expecations over both of our heads, and so not absolutely everything is discussed out between us at length. I hope that explained it though ! :)

Sometimes, even in a marriage, certain things are better off left unsaid.  If one partner is curious about something and the other isn't interested in sharing .. Better to just drop it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Shawniece shouldn't have asked the sex question in the first place.  Who asks a question like that when they just met, especially when the guys are there too.   That was stupid, unless it was producer driven, which I think is the case.

Sometimes, even in a marriage, certain things are better off left unsaid.  If one partner is curious about something and the other isn't interested in sharing .. Better to just drop it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

What do you mean! She keeps calling him HUSBAND! You know how much he hates that!

Yes! And I felt sorry for her when she asked the sex question and Jon said "who brought HER to the party?!" I know he was just joking but can someone give Shawniece a break!?

(Hated her swimsuit, btw.)

I didn't catch it but I wouldn't blame him if he did. He and Molly came off very well in that get-together. Bet they went back to the hotel thinking "Those other couples are weird" and had sex with each other out of gratitude (or maybe they just high-fived.)

Yeah, that wasn't nice of Jon to say that to Shawniece even if it was in jest.  I hate that stuff.  Go get laid Jon, you're getting testy.  Your wife had a threesome and now is shy all of a sudden.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, psychoticstate said:

Of course I'm also baffled by TWENTY-FIVE YEAR OLDS who do this  because they are "tired" of dating and haven't been able to find anyone.  Thirty year olds, maybe.  Thirty-five, sure.  But is anyone this season 30 or over?

Same! I find the older couples from past seasons to be far more entertaining...they have more time to become entrenched in their own craziness, and it's more of a shock to be suddenly "married" and dealing with another person. Maybe they can't find enough mature people to sign up for this shit show...

• Love 2

If Molly was in a threesome then she was the voyeur and a safe distance away from the action.

Perhaps she is not clear what a threesome is...doing it 3 times in one night...no...but lucky you...

Jon has Fred Flintstone's feet.

Jon needs to get a pedi to tame those hooves...even with ticklish feet...man up...

OK, this is a nitpick.  But that bit about Shawniece and Jepthe at Dunn's River Falls?  Are you freaking kidding me?  The falls is the main tourist attraction in Ocho Rios.  (I honeymooned there in 1986 and we went to Jamaica 17 more times over the next 27 years.)  Dunn's River Falls is always crowded.  You do NOT climb it yourself without a guide.  There is always a guide, and a huge crowd holds hands going up the falls.  THIS is what climbing Dunn's River Falls is like (yes, I've done it):

I don't know how they got the falls closed so they could shoot this scene, but that is NOT real life.  

I am dreading (no pun intended) watching Ryan make an ass at himself at the craft market next week.  The craft market in Ochi is not for the faint of heart.  If you are not prepared to be swarmed by people all wanting you to buy THEIR "one-of-a-kind hand carved wooden birds" (almost all of which are made in China and maybe painted locally) and tote bags and the rest of it, it can be overwhelming.  I cannot imagine someone like Molly there.  I was ill-prepared for it back then and I felt so overwhelmed that I stood there in the craft market crying.

Jamaica has developed a lot in the intervening 30+ years, but there is still a lot of poverty, and people are just trying to eke out a living.  But if you are not ready for it, it can be intimidating.

Moon Palace, where they are staying, is really expensive; your typical foreign-owned megaproperty.  It used to be called "Jamaica Grande" and 30 years ago was the "Americana Jamaica Grande", which shows you how old the main building is.  It has a small beach and from what I can tell, the food is standard mega-hotel stuff.  Anyone thinking of going there should step out and try some of the stuff dished out in shacks and oil can grills.  THAT is the best food in Jamaica.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, answerphone said:

A threesome? I missed something...

I think Molly said it in one of the initial interviews (before the couples were chosen). 

20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Re: the "I'm a teacher" thing, I was on his side there. Yes, he's an adult who presumably has sex, but teachers are held to a higher standard. Lots of teachers and nurses on this board have pointed out that they could lose their jobs for "acting inappropriately," and that teachers who appeared on other reality shows have indeed lost their jobs. There have been a bunch of stories about teachers who were fired after pasts in sex work came to light. All my teacher friends lock their social media profiles down very, very tightly, and even then, they're careful about what they post. Jonathan lost his job for appearing on this show; it's not a stretch to believe that Jephte's principal or the parents of his students wouldn't be that happy about him on TV talking about his sex life.

They are not communicating at ALL. They really need some help* because their points are just whizzing by each other.

*I actually think they should just call it, but that's not going to happen.

I’m not ready to give up on them yet, but Jephte is raising all kinds of red flags: he likes things done his way and isn’t very open to other people’s ideas or opinions. He’s not humble and isn’t willing to say that maybe, just maybe, he could be wrong about some things. He’s controlling, and he doesn’t seem to care about Shawniece’s feelings. Those kinds of qualities only get worse in a man. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience. 

I wish the homework were mandatory for all of the couples. Maybe it is, and we just didn’t see the entire exercise. But they all need to sit down and answer neutral questions that someone else wrote about their hopes, dreams, personality, sexual preferences, etc.  Whenever Jephte and Shawniece try to communicate, their words  are so emotionally-laden that it’s hard for them to hear what the other person is actually saying. 

Is it terrible that the ‘train wreck’ of a couple is the most interesting to me? The others just aren’t as compelling. 

I mean, I do like Ryan and Jackie. Just waiting for the hot (dead) fiancé to come between them. 

Jon and Molly are good together. I do wonder why Molly feels the need to wear a full face of makeup whenever we see her. Even in the ocean. Is she afraid to be herself? What else is she hiding ????? Is she ever going to tell Jon about that threesome?

• Love 7

So I just finished watching the entire episode-  Could be editing, but Ryan was acting like  d-bag during that beach scene when he was dissing Jackie on her game... also he didn't have to be so elaborate in his lying when he was telling the other couples they didn't have sex... he could have just left it as, we didn't have sex- and instead went into this whole "ohhh yeah you really have to get to know someone first and build that trust/relationship" yadda, yadda, yadda.... still unsure about this couple, we will see as time goes on.

Jephte should really not have signed up for this show. Unless he is using the whole stranger thing as an excuse- maybe he's just really not attracted to Shawniece.

Molly and Jon- I think at some point he is going to get frustrated that they haven't had sex yet. Cody part 2?

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, Neurochick said:

I don’t get why everything is Shawnice’s fault.  I think Jephtie is pretty rude, he acted really ugly wthen his “stranger “ wife cut her foot.

Unless Jephtie went with her and picked out the swimsuit, I'm failing to see how wearing a fugly swimsuit wouldn't be her own fault.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

This is the woman who proudly announces her masturbation habits to anyone who’ll listen, but I do think a producer prompted her to ask the sex question. Shawniece is not oversexed, though. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have been celibate for four years.  Sex is special to her. 

3 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

OK, this is a nitpick.  But that bit about Shawniece and Jepthe at Dunn's River Falls?  Are you freaking kidding me?  The falls is the main tourist attraction in Ocho Rios.  (I honeymooned there in 1986 and we went to Jamaica 17 more times over the next 27 years.)  Dunn's River Falls is always crowded.  You do NOT climb it yourself without a guide.  There is always a guide, and a huge crowd holds hands going up the falls.  THIS is what climbing Dunn's River Falls is like (yes, I've done it):

Wow. Now I’m even more impressed that Shawniece (and wimpy Jephte) climbed it on their own. In the version we saw, anyway. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gurkel said:

This is the woman who proudly announces her masturbation habits to anyone who’ll listen, but I do think a producer prompted her to ask the sex question. Shawniece is not oversexed, though. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have been celibate for four years.  Sex is special to her. 

Wow. Now I’m even more impressed that Shawniece (and wimpy Jephte) climbed it on their own. In the version we saw, anyway. 

It also puts some of Jephte's fear in perspective, if they were told that a guide couldn't go with them for filming.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, topanga said:

I think Molly said it in one of the initial interviews (before the couples were chosen). 

I’m not ready to give up on them yet, but Jephte is raising all kinds of red flags: he likes things done his way and isn’t very open to other people’s ideas or opinions. He’s not humble and isn’t willing to say that maybe, just maybe, he could be wrong about some things. He’s controlling, and he doesn’t seem to care about Shawniece’s feelings. Those kinds of qualities only get worse in a man. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience. 

I wish the homework were mandatory for all of the couples. Maybe it is, and we just didn’t see the entire exercise. But they all need to sit down and answer neutral questions that someone else wrote about their hopes, dreams, personality, sexual preferences, etc.  Whenever Jephte and Shawniece try to communicate, their words  are so emotionally-laden that it’s hard for them to hear what the other person is actually saying. 

Is it terrible that the ‘train wreck’ of a couple is the most interesting to me? The others just aren’t as compelling. 

I mean, I do like Ryan and Jackie. Just waiting for the hot (dead) fiancé to come between them. 

Jon and Molly are good together. I do wonder why Molly feels the need to wear a full face of makeup whenever we see her. Even in the ocean. Is she afraid to be herself? What else is she hiding ????? Is she ever going to tell Jon about that threesome?

She probably uses the heavy foundation to cover up her adult acne.  The lipstick seems to be of light color .. I didn't notice if the eyes were loaded with mascara and shadow.  Maybe that's why she didn't go in the water.   In the interviews, she mentioned being in a threesome.  I don't get why she would share that information with the world.  It's not like someone asked her.  I can't wait for Jon to find out.  It could go either way.

• Love 1

This whole episode was ripe with production involvement.

Been there as well; those falls were crowded. I knew they closed something off just for filming, & bet there was a guide hiding somewhere.

Yes, the craft crowds are tear inducing for many reasons.

Shawniece was told to ask about S-e-x, so Ryan could obediently lie about it, & the others could fake not knowing the truth... shades of Nick/Sonia.

Jon being impatient with Molly reg. sex will be another repeat story line. 

Show is persistent, but not very original.

The dead fiance story line is still offensive, & the scene with her telling Ryan was all fake. Jacklyn's overdone pouty lip told the tale.

She & 'make up mask Molly' are both, still boring.

Ryan is still annoying.

Jephte - possibly another Nate (side chicks or there's someone else), only without the fake 'charm'?

Shawniece - shades of 'crazy' (heavily edited & pissed off about it) Sheila, only very experienced with 'chocolate'?

Show needs new story writers.

Unfiltered: Jamie has the hots for Jon. I suspect she pressed for info on the ball gag for entirely different reasons.

And her fugly shoes are distracting.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Unfiltered: Jamie has the hots for Jon. I suspect she pressed for info on the ball gag for entirely different reasons.

So the couples are actually on the episodes? I thought it was just the experts. So I’ve always deleted it from my DVR. 

I'll get my easier thoughts out first since I have quite a bit to say about Shawniece and Jephte.

Jaclyn & Ryan:

I'm going to hold my judgement on Ryan because I'm not yet sure if his fairy tale enthusiasm is all for show or if that's just who he truly is. Jaclyn could possibly get tired of it in the long run because she seems like the type that would like to be showered with that stuff at first but then settle into normalcy as time goes on. I'm a bit wary of her still referring to her dead fiance as "the love of my life" (I don't want to disregard her feelings though) because that might trigger Ryan to feel like he has to out-do the fiance and make comparisons, causing Jaclyn to turn on Ryan to defend the fiance. I also didn't like that he didn't go along with her game. It's supposed to be silly fun and now Jaclyn probably thought, "My fiance used to love to play this game."

I didn't think they needed to lie to the other couples about having sex; a simple, "We're not comfortable answering that question" would've sufficed. Lying just makes them look sketchy.

Molly & John:

I like that John is building the relationship at a pace that is comfortable for Molly. Although he seems like the frat-bro type when he's having fun, I think he's also a person that can be serious when need be.

I side-eyed Molly when she was describing how she and John are so alike and that's why their relationship works so well/is better than the others (also John's comment about "winning" against other couples). To me, it came off as humble-bragging. First of all, other relationships are not lesser than just because they're not declaring themselves soulmates at first sight (although that's more Ryan's thing). Secondly, it's only been a few days...there's still time for shit to hit the fan (but I do want them to make it as a couple).

Shawniece & Jephte:

Where do I even begin? I wish I could be their tough love and voice of reason friend because they both need it. I'm not sure why I'm so heavily invested in wanting them to make it as a couple, but I just see so much potential and I HATE that it's being flushed down the toilet. I truly believe that they are a good match but don't have the right guidance to figure it out.

I'll start with the good though. 

I thought they had a nice interaction during the hike up the falls. I know we all hate when Dr. Pepper talks about putting together opposite personalities to bring out the best in the other, but I think I can agree with her this time (gasp!). Even though Jephte was cautious about climbing up the falls and wanted Shawniece to be cautious as well, I liked that her "keep on trucking" attitude pushed him to continue and finish with her. 

Psshh, forget Husband/Wife and Mr./Mrs. shirts for matching honeymoon outfits; Shawniece and Jephte looked so fly in their Jamaica gift shop clothes! 

I'll come back to the paddleboard incident, but I thought it was playful and kind of flirty when Jephte was carrying Shawniece upside-down to the chairs after her foot was cut, which leads me to believe there's more to the "I told you" moment than what we saw.

Okay, time to vent my frustrations. 

@Soup333, I saw your post in the Newleyweds episode thread about this relationship being like a Chinese finger trap toy. I absolutely agree with that analogy, and the constant "pulling" is the reason why this relationship isn't turning out to be what both of them expected it to be.

Jephte, it's been a few days since the wedding. Yes, you don't know her that well yet but you know more about her now than you did when she walked down the aisle. Please upgrade her from "stranger" to "acquaintance" status. Shawniece was correct when Jephte said, "But I don't know you" and she replied, "But you're getting to know me."

Shawniece, a title does not a marriage make. She keeps saying things like, "I'm your wife now" or "You're my husband" but I haven't heard her say (and please somebody correct me if I'm wrong) anything about what she expects out of the roles of husband and wife in a marriage. I think she likes the status of wife and husband titles but hasn't given much thought to the substance of those titles. It's as if she just wants them to go around saying, "That's my husband!" and "That's my wifey!" which is cute, but means nothing if there's no relationship to go along with it.

Both of them are terribly stubborn when they're not getting their way and part of the problem is that they both are frustrated by the other person not thinking the same way they do. I don't remember the exact words during the hotel room argument, but each of them said something like, "Why aren't you treating me like your wife?" and "Why can't you just take baby steps?" I was sitting on my couch yelling, "OMG, stop thinking that the other person should think exactly like you!!"

Out of all the wives, Shawniece is the least agreeable (not in a bad way). Molly and Jaclyn have gone along with their husbands on most things (not in a doormat way...yet) but if Jephte says/does something and Shawniece feels opposite, she expresses that which causes them to clash. 

Coming back to paddleboard-gate, I think (wild guess here, so take this with a grain of salt) off-camera the instructor might've said something about being careful not to stand up in the water without shoes because of rocks being at the bottom. In Jephte's "I told you" moment, there was a short exchange between Jephte and the instructor about how he (Jephte) warned her. So I think the couples were cautioned about the terrain under the water and maybe Shawniece chose to ignore it. YMMV.

What could turn their marriage around? They need self-awareness for their own faults and empathy towards their spouse. Jephte needs to learn that his responses come off as rude and insensitive to Shawniece and is triggering her feelings of insecurity that he doesn't like her and is friend-zoning her because she is a "stranger". He should be more sensitive when communicating with her (I'm getting flashbacks of Major Payne and learning sensitivity, lol). Shawniece needs to learn that Jephte wants to grow into being her husband. She's chasing him to get him to accept her, but she needs to back up a bit and let him find the desire to pursue her (please don't take this as sexist, I just think he wants to come to like her on his terms, not because he feels like he's forced to like her).

I'm sorry for word vomiting in this thread and to all you poor souls that read this whole post. 

• Love 8

Thank you...I was going to compliment JO about dialing down the mascara but her shoes makes it impossible to say anything nice.

JO would have climbed into Jon's lap but she would have to share the camera shot...and that ain't happening.

Doug probably got some sexy time thanks to Jon stoking Mrs. Hehner's libido.

You may be able to ressurect recently deleted shows on your DVR.

Doesn't seem they are repeating the Unfiltered episodes.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

This whole episode was ripe with production involvement.

Been there as well; those falls were crowded. I knew they closed something off just for filming, & bet there was a guide hiding somewhere.

Yes, the craft crowds are tear inducing for many reasons.

Shawniece was told to ask about S-e-x, so Ryan could obediently lie about it, & the others could fake not knowing the truth... shades of Nick/Sonia.

Jon being impatient with Molly reg. sex will be another repeat story line. 

Show is persistent, but not very original.

The dead fiance story line is still offensive, & the scene with her telling Ryan was all fake. Jacklyn's overdone pouty lip told the tale.

She & 'make up mask Molly' are both, still boring.

Ryan is still annoying.

Jephte - possibly another Nate (side chicks or there's someone else), only without the fake 'charm'?

Shawniece - shades of 'crazy' (heavily edited & pissed off about it) Sheila, only very experienced with 'chocolate'?

Show needs new story writers.

And her fugly shoes are distracting.

OMG - Unfiltered.  Jamie's eyes got wide when talking sex and ball gag.  I thought she was going to jump on Jons lap right then and there.  Her expressions are horrible.  And those shoes and outfits .. Ugh.  Is production that cheap that they can't find a decent interviewer?  Half hour was way too much.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 11:36 AM, OnTime said:

So far, I haven't noticed any on Jackie or Jon.

Wow,  I must be old if Shawnice and Jep are under tattooed!

I think Ryan had two large ones.

Its crazy how mainstream it is for young women I see to have a tattoo nowadays, whereas probably a couple decades ago it was uncommon for women to have a tattoo. I think most girls get the standard either: behind the shoulder; top of the foot; a musical note behind the ear; or rib cage. Or a word on the inside of the wrist. I believe the lower back and ankle flower ones are out of style. I work in a setting with lots of tattoed folks. Personally I dont care for body modification, just my personal opinion but I think that skin is beautiful and looks "cleaner" wthout ink. When I go to Europe I dont see nearly as many young women with tattoos as here. I remember from the Miami season Lilly had a huge one on her forearm of a sea animal and I remember thinking that it looked gaudy, and how a lot of people get these very in your face tattoos as a way to appear interesting. 

It used to be more of a military thing; I wouldnt expect someone like Ryan to have tattoos but he is a fireman so that might be part of the culture. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2

I like Jepthe, but he's too cold for this type of thing. Granted, Shawneice is being too sensitive about his use of the word "stranger" (she IS a stranger and he DOESN'T know her), the girl is just trying to relax and have fun with the guy and he's so dead to it all.

LOL at Ryan and Jacklyn having sex. Didn't see that from either of them. Jon seems like the type who would want to, so does Shawneice. But neither Ryan or Jackie peg me as the types who would even be open to the idea.

And i think it's interesting that the couples get to meet each other through the experiment. it's interesting to see

54 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG - Unfiltered.  Jamie's eyes got wide when talking sex and ball gag.  I thought she was going to jump on Jons lap right then and there.  Her expressions are horrible.  And those shoes and outfits .. Ugh.  Is production that cheap that they can't find a decent interviewer?  Half hour was way too much.

I think they used her because it's no secret that Jamie is interested in working in TV

On 1/24/2018 at 5:54 PM, Empress1 said:

Gotcha, thanks. I wasn't watching the show then.

If there's anywhere you can find it online or something, you really should watch it. it's the shows first and best season. created 2  marriages. Before their motives were questionable

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gurkel said:

So the couples are actually on the episodes? I thought it was just the experts. So I’ve always deleted it from my DVR.

They changed it up this time. Jamie was quite stimulated while interviewing Jon. This week's 'expert' was trauma inducing 'expert' Dr. Whateverhernameis... Jessica, I think?  She really must cross her legs or wear pants; she sits like a little girl who has to pee.

16 minutes ago, ralph said:

And i think it's interesting that the couples get to meet each other through the experiment. it's interesting to see

There are going to be limited interactions, most likely, because there's only so many takes & hours in the day to work with wanna be non actors.

On January 25, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree that Jephte is more introverted and reserved in general but I don't think he is ready for marriage at all with anyone.  From what I have seen so far I think he is way too immature.  Of course, that too would be the fault of the so-called "experts"!

I don't believe he's introverted OR reserved.  I believe he's just plain rude.  When Shawnice hurt her foot, Jephte wasn't even concerned, not one bit.  That's not introverted or reserved.  And his "I'm a teacher" act is wearing thin.  Why did he come on this show if he was concerned about his reputation?  Doesn't he know how reality shows work?  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't believe he's introverted OR reserved.  I believe he's just plain rude.  When Shawnice hurt her foot, Jephte wasn't even concerned, not one bit.  That's not introverted or reserved.  And his "I'm a teacher" act is wearing thin.  Why did he come on this show if he was concerned about his reputation?  Doesn't he know how reality shows work?  

Same reason anyone goes on reality TV shows, because he's sincerely looking for true love.  You're just jaded.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Gurkel said:

We only saw bits and snippets.  I'm guessing they cleared the rest of the tourists out for those shots and then they went to hold hands with strangers and climb the way everyone else does.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I don't know how they got the falls closed so they could shoot this scene, but that is NOT real life.  

I am dreading (no pun intended) watching Ryan make an ass at himself at the craft market next week.  The craft market in Ochi is not for the faint of heart.  If you are not prepared to be swarmed by people all wanting you to buy THEIR "one-of-a-kind hand carved wooden birds" (almost all of which are made in China and maybe painted locally) and tote bags and the rest of it, it can be overwhelming.  I cannot imagine someone like Molly there.  I was ill-prepared for it back then and I felt so overwhelmed that I stood there in the craft market crying.

Jamaica has developed a lot in the intervening 30+ years, but there is still a lot of poverty, and people are just trying to eke out a living.  But if you are not ready for it, it can be intimidating.

Moon Palace, where they are staying, is really expensive; your typical foreign-owned megaproperty.  It used to be called "Jamaica Grande" and 30 years ago was the "Americana Jamaica Grande", which shows you how old the main building is.  It has a small beach and from what I can tell, the food is standard mega-hotel stuff.  Anyone thinking of going there should step out and try some of the stuff dished out in shacks and oil can grills.  THAT is the best food in Jamaica.  

Exactly!!!!  I was there years ago.  People were like ants.  A million of them all over the falls.  Lucky Shawneice and Jephte, having the falls all to themselves. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

We only saw bits and snippets.  I'm guessing they cleared the rest of the tourists out for those shots and then they went to hold hands with strangers and climb the way everyone else does.

Interwebs say the falls close at 4pm.  Was that the case when you were there?  There was nobody around - the path leading down, the surrounding grounds, the bridge at the top - no one.  Production must have gotten them access after hours.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:27 PM, PityFree said:

One thing that made me mad was Jephte accusing Shawniece of cursing at him. She used cusswords (I would have, too) but she never cursed at him.  And she never called him names. Jephtie needs to stop being so judgemental.

Thank you! I hate when people accuse others of swearing AT them when they’re just using swear words. Stop being a delicate flower and stop deflecting to language when someone is upset.

• Love 7

There is a difference between going slow and being cold towards a person, Someone might believe the going slow if the person is warm and smiles a lot, but if you are cold, y0u can say that you want to get to know me eventually and I won't believe you, I had a relationship like that, I got the right words and some presents, but the physical touch was cold and not kind, later found out, when I pushed it, he had moved on with someone else and didn't know how to end a relationship. ugh. He had always been the dumpee before. .  

anyway, there is that it's over body movement with Jephete, now if the show insist they stay together, I can see him being frustrated, but it was actually kinder  when Heather called it over. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And his "I'm a teacher" act is wearing thin.  Why did he come on this show if he was concerned about his reputation?  Doesn't he know how reality shows work?  

14 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Same reason anyone goes on reality TV shows, because he's sincerely looking for true love.  You're just jaded.

Yeah, but he should know that as a teacher he would be held to a higher standard and that doing this show could be seen by his superiors at the school as sketchy at best.  If Jon could lose his job in Finance over doing this show, Jephte should have even more reason to worry about his reputation as a teacher.

• Love 3

The "experts" knew Shawniece is someone who has no filter when talking about her sexuality, has a  flair for drama, and wears her emotionalism on her sleeves with a penchant to dissolve into tears at both sad and happy  things....and they still matched her with Jephte.

The show is relying on the uncomfortable situations scripted for Shawniece and Jephte to jeopardize his job and reputation as an educator of small children...that is his story line for the season..the "you're a stranger" response he has on a loop for all situations has already worn thin and we are just at episode 4...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, but he should know that as a teacher he would be held to a higher standard and that doing this show could be seen by his superiors at the school as sketchy at best.  If Jon could lose his job in Finance over doing this show, Jephte should have even more reason to worry about his reputation as a teacher.

I'm a teacher and I seriously can't see myself being fired for being on this show. I mean, I would just be me but on camera. Teachers in my district get fired for inappropriate relationships with students or for getting arrested (mostly DWI), but I wouldn't be doing either of these things if I was on MAFS.

Maybe if I wore a strappy bathing suit like Shawniece's??

But then again none of the teachers I know have been on a TV show so what do I know!

I think it was a bad idea to have all three couples stay at the same resort; people can't help but compare. 

I think the problem with Shawnice and Jephte could be that Shawnice saw how "normal" the other couples acted and she might have wondered why she got stuck with the corpse groom while the other two women were with men who seemed to actually like them. 

• Love 9
On January 26, 2018 at 6:31 PM, Neurochick said:

There always has to be a villan, and I think this seasons villan is Jep.  I have a feeling that he's following the producers instructions to be mean.  I wouldn't be surprised if he stays married to Sharise.  I hope so as I like them both .. Together.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2018 at 3:51 PM, Lily247 said:

I wouldnt judge level of fitness by how thin a woman is. It looks like that is just her natural body type and she is shown to eat normally. She might not even work out for all we know. Jaclyn on the other hand, while not as thin as Molly, definitely appears to work out regularly and looks very toned. There have been numerous women on this show who looked very fit and had great bodies.

Thank you.

• Love 4

Absolutely .. I agree.  From my teens thru my thirties, I was rail thin, I was embarrassed.  Ate big lunches at work, big dinners and never exercised.  In those days, gyms weren't popular.  Then I reached a certain age and gained some weight and now forget it .. Takes weight watchers to take it off .. Just sayin.

• Love 4
On 1/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, OnTime said:

Jackie you don't need to walk through the hotel lobby in a bikini with only something around your shoulders. Put on some shorts!

To be fair, they are at a beach resort. I come from Boston originally and now live in a resort area. It was so strange for me at first- men with no shirts at the grocery store, no "no shoes" policies; generally just so casual. I came to really appreciate it. No one gives a fuck about their bellies, hairy backs, saggy boobs- it's kind of lovely. It took a while though. 

On 1/25/2018 at 5:21 AM, psychoticstate said:

Could be that Jephte is not ready for marriage.  So why did he do this?  Did he think he was and is now freaked out by the LEGALLY BINDING MARRIAGE?  By Shawniece?  

This is partly why I get frustrated with the 25 year olds that do this. You're fucking 25.  Settle down.

Exactly. I find him to be a complete dick, but he's 25 and I'm not sure why he's on this show. I like Shawnice. Yeah, she's emotional but at least she trying to communicate and make the most of their honeymoon. He actually said to her, "how can you feel differently than me?" in regards to the "stranger danger". Because not everyone is like you, Jephte! Honestly, he uses the word "stranger" so much, that it is starting to sound hostile. He is so moody, it makes me anxious.

Does Ryan have ADHD maybe? He's a little all over the place. And when he was talking and talking and talking about not having sex- damn dude, SHUSHHHHHH! I don't have an issue at all about Jaclyn being on this show. No one has any right to tell anyone else how and for how long to grieve. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Absolutely .. I agree.  From my teens thru my thirties, I was rail thin, I was embarrassed.  Ate big lunches at work, big dinners and never exercised.  In those days, gyms weren't popular.  Then I reached a certain age and gained some weight and now forget it .. Takes weight watchers to take it off .. Just sayin.

Me too, which eventually when I did gain some weight sent me to the gym to rectify that, which only worked until menopause (sigh)!  A fit looking body is often the result of good genes, especially when young and exercise is basically just gilding the lilly.  Molly seems like one of those to me.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2

Loaded language. ... Loaded words and phrases have strong emotional implications and involve strongly positive or negative reactions beyond their literal meaning.

Stranger...Wife...Husband

Jephte use of 2 of these words in combination causes Shawniece distress to the point of tears....stranger wife

Shawniece uses wife as a her reason she expected Jephte to automatically and unconditionally accept her as she is...the problem Jephte is not willing or able to process the torrent of Shawniece.

He would rather have a steady drip, drip drip of Shawniece than her full force.

Jephte, 5 days in is still deflecting the label husband but in time, Shawniece hopes Jephte gets as comfortable with it as he is with titles he is proud of... brother, son and teacher.

• Love 4

I think what upset Shawnice, and it upset me too, was that the other two husbands acted normally with their wives, they’re not calling them “strangers,” they acted liked they cared, at least in public.  Jephte acted like Shawnice had killed his mother or something.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think what upset Shawnice, and it upset me too, was that the other two husbands acted normally with their wives, they’re not calling them “strangers,” they acted liked they cared, at least in public.  Jephte acted like Shawnice had killed his mother or something.

I agree.  I think it goes beyond Shawneice being too forward for him.  I think if she asked him to hold her hand he would recoil with the "stranger" mantra.  And it's one thing to act that way in private but yet another to be so rude to her in front of the others.  It's no wonder they reacted to him with shocked expressions.

• Love 7

I haven't been a fan of Shawnice's forwardness, but I do feel sorry for her being paired with Jephte.  He acts like he was made to be on this show at gunpoint. He was tired of the dating scene probably because he expected to be in a relationship with zero effort. It seems he has checked out and Shawnice is just wasting her time.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree.  I think it goes beyond Shawneice being too forward for him.  I think if she asked him to hold her hand he would recoil with the "stranger" mantra.  And it's one thing to act that way in private but yet another to be so rude to her in front of the others.  It's no wonder they reacted to him with shocked expressions.

Hell he wouldnr even put her name in his phone as just Shawneice, I guess she should be happy he didn't put her in as stranger.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2018 at 4:27 AM, holly4755 said:

There is a difference between going slow and being cold towards a person, Someone might believe the going slow if the person is warm and smiles a lot, but if you are cold, y0u can say that you want to get to know me eventually and I won't believe you, I had a relationship like that, I got the right words and some presents, but the physical touch was cold and not kind, later found out, when I pushed it, he had moved on with someone else and didn't know how to end a relationship. ugh. He had always been the dumpee before. .  

anyway, there is that it's over body movement with Jephete, now if the show insist they stay together, I can see him being frustrated, but it was actually kinder  when Heather called it over. 

On 1/27/2018 at 9:02 AM, Yeah No said:

On 1/27/2018 at 9:35 AM, humbleopinion said:

The "experts" knew Shawniece is someone who has no filter when talking about her sexuality, has a  flair for drama, and wears her emotionalism on her sleeves with a penchant to dissolve into tears at both sad and happy  things....and they still matched her with Jephte.

The show is relying on the uncomfortable situations scripted for Shawniece and Jephte to jeopardize his job and reputation as an educator of small children...that is his story line for the season..the "you're a stranger" response he has on a loop for all situations has already worn thin and we are just at episode 4...

On 1/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, Neurochick said:

I think it was a bad idea to have all three couples stay at the same resort; people can't help but compare. 

I think the problem with Shawnice and Jephte could be that Shawnice saw how "normal" the other couples acted and she might have wondered why she got stuck with the corpse groom while the other two women were with men who seemed to actually like them. 

On 1/27/2018 at 10:47 PM, Gem 10 said:

There always has to be a villan, and I think this seasons villan is Jep.  I have a feeling that he's following the producers instructions to be mean.  I wouldn't be surprised if he stays married to Sharise.  I hope so as I like them both .. Together.

On 1/28/2018 at 8:49 PM, Neurochick said:

23 hours ago, Yeah No said:

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Hell he wouldnr even put her name in his phone as just Shawneice, I guess she should be happy he didn't put her in as stranger.

I agree with everything.  Jephte is just not into this woman and does not even seem to fancy her as a friend.  He has no concern for her well being and feelings.  Compare this to Molly, who wants to take it slow with Jon, but is very warm and receptive to him through her body language.  It is like he is just waiting for his check to clear for his six weeks of participation and then he is outta there as fast as can be.

It is really going to be hard to see this woman getting crushed over and over again.

• Love 6
On 1/24/2018 at 2:38 AM, Gobears said:

I'm re-ranking the couples in my mind:

1. Jon/Molly: Team Mojo! So far, Jonathan seems supportive of Molly's desire to take things slowly. Very little drama between them this week. I did feel like they were playing up how similar they were to each other in their talk with the other couples because they felt that Ryan & Jaclyn's marriage seemed off to a quicker start than theirs.

2. Ryan/Jaclyn: Ryan took Jaclyn's news about her late boyfriend very well. However, I did not like that conversation at the beach where Ryan made fun of Jaclyn for writing a word in the sand. Why was he putting her down randomly? He just seemed kind of controlling/mood swingy. Also, their lying about having sex was reminiscent of Nick & Sonia, except Ryan is very verbose. He would be kind of exhausting after a long day. I'm surprised he doesn't have an outlet like doing stand-up comedy on the side.

3. Shawniece/Jephte: Their relationship is a hot mess. He keeps calling her a stranger and she is afraid of being friendzoned. And it was really cold of Jephte to say "I told you so" when she cut her foot swimming instead of helping her or showing any concern. I thought he would have a more compassionate/nurturing side to him since he's an elementary school teacher and all. 

I'm going to fast forward Shawniece/Jephte from now on.