Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: The Honeymoons, Part 1

• Start Topic

Shawniece. Why? That is the most unflattering — while at the same time being the sleaziest — swimsuit I have ever seen. You have a great figure. You could have picked anything else and it would have looked so much better.  Nothing is going to scare your skittish husband faster than a dominatrix-style swimsuit.

BTW, Jacklyn’s too tight, unflattering bikini is no better.

ETA: Jephtie has crossed the line now. He’s being rude for no reason . Boooo!

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Shawniece. Why? That is the most unflattering — while at the same time being the sleaziest — swimsuit I have ever seen. You have a great figure. You could have picked anything else and it would have looked so much better.  Nothing is going to scare your skittish husband faster than a dominatrix-style swimsuit.

I don’t get why everything is Shawnice’s fault.  I think Jephtie is pretty rude, he acted really ugly wthen his “stranger “ wife cut her foot.

• Love 6
Just now, Neurochick said:

I don’t get why everything is Shawnice’s fault.  I think Jephtie is pretty rude, he acted really ugly wthen his “stranger “ wife cut her foot.

And how much was probably not shown because it was edited out to look this way is my question? There is usually a reason for things like this to go on but this show won't show that part of things because it never suits their pathetic vision of what they want for the show. 

BTW, I haven't seen it yet but had seen a little thing on this from an article on another thread but its not on here yet since I'm West Coast. Yet from watching this show since it started, I've noticed how they play games with the editing and what we are getting. Its VERY dishonest and ALWAYS trying to make someone look like an ass...not always the right one either when one looks at past seasons and how it goes. SMH 

• Love 2

It seems like it would be exhausting to be around Ryan. Also his little mood swing at the beach is probably one of the reasons why he had issues dating before. He’s just so odd. The water wings were hilarious though —  I’m still not sure if he was joking about them or not. I thought it was cute when Molly and Jon laughed about them together.

• Love 2

Jep is getting real nasty to Shawniece and the girl is trying to be upbeat being that it's her honeymoon.  Jacklyn & Ryan are lying to everyone about having sex, probably because they are embarrassed.  Jon & wife taking it slow.   About 45 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of show.  Finally .. On Unfiltered, Jamie asking STUPID questions .. Asking Jon "What's a ball sack" or whatever it's called.   All in all, a lousy episode.    Producers should be ashamed of themselves.  

Jephte seems immature and not ready for marriage. You just don't walk away in an argument, you try to talk things out. Also she hurt herself, he didn't help her. He acted like he didn't care. Also he doesn't have to keep throwing in her face every time that she is a stranger knowing it upsets her even if he doesn't quite understand it.  But that's what he signed up for to marry a stranger. Makes no sense. However Shawneice is no angel. She needs to chill out and just have fun.  She is trying too hard. She seems nagging and pushy. Maybe they are not a good match. We will see. Hopefully things turn around. Everyone has their flaws, no one is perfect, but how extreme is it and is the other person willing to deal with them. The problem is some people have to work on themselves first before getting into a relationship with someone, especially a marriage. That's why this experiment hardly works. A lot of people out there in the single world stay single because they don't realize that they are the issue and reason why they are single but they can't see it.  

17 minutes ago, PityFree said:

It seems like it would be exhausting to be around Ryan. Also his little mood swing at the beach is probably one of the reasons why he had issues dating before. He’s just so odd. The water wings were hilarious though —  I’m still not sure if he was joking about them or not. I thought it was cute when Molly and Jon laughed about them together.

Yeah what's up with that mood swing. It was weird.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bridge said:

You just don't walk away in an argument, you try to talk things out.

I disagree. There are times its better if one walks away then keep going to a point of no return at all. I have done so myself before saying something I shouldn't only to have the person follow me which really makes it worse IMO. Sometimes you need to walk away to both cool down in moments and gather one's thoughts enough to revisit when both are in a better frame of mind. Yet it also depends on what the argument is too in these situations. Yet I don't think one should ever be shamed for walking away when there are reasons for it at times. And with this mess, having cameras/producers up in your face, its probably better to walk away in a lot of these moments and hopefully they try to discuss the issues once all those people are gone...at least its probably the best way to handle it I think.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Everything seems to be very heavily edited, giving the audience a somewhat different impression every week.

I agree. All reality shows are heavily edited but this one takes it to a whole new level. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Evil Queen said:

I disagree. There are times its better if one walks away then keep going to a point of no return at all. I have done so myself before saying something I shouldn't only to have the person follow me which really makes it worse IMO. Sometimes you need to walk away to both cool down in moments and gather one's thoughts enough to revisit when both are in a better frame of mind. Yet it also depends on what the argument is too in these situations. Yet I don't think one should ever be shamed for walking away when there are reasons for it at times. And with this mess, having cameras/producers up in your face, its probably better to walk away in a lot of these moments and hopefully they try to discuss the issues once all those people are gone...at least its probably the best way to handle it I think.

Looks like she needed comforting and maybe if he apologized it would of made the situation better, but I see your point though.

One thing that made me mad was Jephte accusing Shawniece of cursing at him. She used cusswords (I would have, too) but she never cursed at him.  And she never called him names. Jephtie needs to stop being so judgemental.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Bridge said:

Looks like she needed comforting and maybe if he apologized it would of made the situation better, but I see your point though.

Could be there was a reason though for it. I still have a half hour to go til its on here so not sure what was said and all but then again like I said before the edits play such games we are missing a lot of key things to know why they are fighting and what it is really about. It could be she doesn't deserve that...or it could or they both should be apologizing. I wish we weren't given fake stories but the real deal instead. I think it would be more interesting to get why its going on during these moments instead of force fed bs.

BTW, I have known those that like to play games like this where fights happen, the one puts on the tears and expects the other to back down to what is wanted because they played up the "guilt trip" act. My mom was this way. To most I am a cold bitch for not falling for it and not comforting her and telling her sorry. When really I have no reason to do those things because its an act to get her way. Once I realized it I was so not going to be a part of the game. Not saying this is going on but there are those that do that. I don't put it past those on tv to do it though when the going gets tough. Hopefully this all made some sense. 

4 minutes ago, PityFree said:

One thing that made me mad was Jephte accusing Shawniece of cursing at him. She used cusswords (I would have, too) but she never cursed at him.  And she never called him names. Jephtie needs to stop being so judgemental.

Maybe it was edited out? Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Bridge said:

Maybe it's just me, but I keep noticing Jons ugly feet with those creepy toes

LMAO I haven't noticed but funny.

26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree. All reality shows are heavily edited but this one takes it to a whole new level. 

Yes, and I'm really getting pissed off realizing that this show is FAKE.

• Love 1

Fuck you, Jephte. That's cursing at you, btw.

It's so early but I'm at the point where I'm gonna need to FF through Shawniece and Jephte. He managed to perk up a little when the other guys were around (and also spoke normally during the meal with the parents), but he's a complete dick when he's alone with Shawniece.

I thought all the women's swimsuits were cute, but yeah. Jackie strolling through the hotel in a tiny bikini bottom kind of took casual resort wear too far.

The previews with Molly saying she doesn't

Spoiler

want to have sex with a child

made me snort-laugh. Ah, dude bros.

• Love 4

Shawniece and Jephte - I will say I agree on the black swimsuit. She totally could have picked a better one for that. I take it something went down between these 2 before they had to go off to "play" with the other couples. I wouldn't call her "bubbly" either btw. I wonder if they were warned beforehand on the water and being careful. UGH she doesn't get it at all. If he says baby steps its she is taking it as something completely different. She says ok but then not. I don't see the big deal in how he walked out either. He did it so nothing was said that shouldn't be. There was more said I am sure that we did not see there too. Which all I know is if this was the other way around and it was her behaving as he is I doubt she would be getting shit on for it. So why should he? And she is a damn stranger and he is to her. Its not that long into their marriage but geesh. And getting married doesn't throw it out the window yet. Talking and treating each other with respect on where they are would be the way to NOT be strangers. Getting to know each other. I get what he meant when he said "I didn't curse at you". It was he wasn't using curse words but she was while fighting. Sorry but she expected way to much to fast from things. She is one of those on the kick of she is "married" and it doesn't matter to who but she thinks everything should fall into place fast like they knew each other forever just because they got "married". She needs to chill out and let him get to know her. She is pushing him to that place its going to be a place of no return and he will be checked out for good. I will say this again if it was the other way around with who was feeling what, the comments would be VERY different. I'm at the point that I think a lot is not getting shown between these 2 to explain why they end up in these places they are. We get a little glimpse of conversations but not all of it. So they turn it to look one way with this kind of edit. I've said it many times in the past, it is shitty! I am saying right now that I wish he would pull a Heather and be done. I know contracts probably tightened up but it feels like that would be best for these 2. I don't even see a glimmer of hope for them.

Jaclyn and Ryan - Did she ever say if she dated before deciding to do this show and after her boyfriend died? I really would like to know how the family of that boyfriend feels with it ending up being used by MAFS who does nothing in good taste. The floaties thing was funny. Ryan was being really great about her sharing the death of her boyfriend. So basically she needs to make sure he doesn't feel like she is comparing but yet that can happen with an ex that didn't pass on too. I just know this show will make sure to drag it through the mud since its what they like to do. UGH Nothing wrong with how Jaclyn was with her bathing suit and cover up. They are in a resort hotel...geesh. I would bet many do it without covering up at all. SMH 

Molly and Jon - She was good at explaining where she was at on the whole being touched by people she doesn't know well. So far he is letting her being in control of it but how long with his thought of her being so perfect last and not touching her like he might want? Really didn't act like a man Molly? Want to bet if she knew more of the situation she might have a different opinion. Hmm is he joking way to much and that is why she is saying she doesn't want to have sex with a 12 yr old boy? As its been said a bunch before he does come off frat boy like so maybe more of it is slipping out and its to much for her...hmm 

Seriously not into these couples getting together during the season. Its not a good thing at all. To much can be said to add to issues or to cause ones. Then the whole comparing which each one is up to or done. UGH Why on earth do they all need to know about if each other had sex or not? That is so a producer butting in deal I bet. Its just all so awkward and forced....just like it was before the wedding with the ring shopping/lunch. Good for Ryan on not saying they had sex to the others. It really isn't each couple's business at all. What he said was actually a really well said...even though they had done it but it fit very well with the other 2 couples. 

I'm re-ranking the couples in my mind:

1. Jon/Molly: Team Mojo! So far, Jonathan seems supportive of Molly's desire to take things slowly. Very little drama between them this week. I did feel like they were playing up how similar they were to each other in their talk with the other couples because they felt that Ryan & Jaclyn's marriage seemed off to a quicker start than theirs.

2. Ryan/Jaclyn: Ryan took Jaclyn's news about her late boyfriend very well. However, I did not like that conversation at the beach where Ryan made fun of Jaclyn for writing a word in the sand. Why was he putting her down randomly? He just seemed kind of controlling/mood swingy. Also, their lying about having sex was reminiscent of Nick & Sonia, except Ryan is very verbose. He would be kind of exhausting after a long day. I'm surprised he doesn't have an outlet like doing stand-up comedy on the side.

3. Shawniece/Jephte: Their relationship is a hot mess. He keeps calling her a stranger and she is afraid of being friendzoned. And it was really cold of Jephte to say "I told you so" when she cut her foot swimming instead of helping her or showing any concern. I thought he would have a more compassionate/nurturing side to him since he's an elementary school teacher and all. 

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 3

I think there is something to be said for body language and the vibe between Jephte and Shawnice, particularly when compared to the other couples, was not good.  I was shocked at how little concern he showed for her when she got hurt, beyond a smug "I told you, so".  I am a reserved person and I would have been kinder to a complete stranger, then he was to his wife.  I would of at least seen if the person was okay. 

Jephte is also acting like someone literally held a gun to his head to participate in this show.  Shawnice is realizing that this guy is just not into her and really, at this point she should just pull a Heather instead of subjecting herself to more humiliation.

Like I said, I am pretty quiet and reserved, but that is not the reason he is not opening up to her.  He is just not feeling it (which is his right) and it is going be very awkward to watch these two on screen for the remainder of the season.  I hope I am wrong and things change for the better after the honeymoon.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I appreciated that Jephte clearly explained to her what he was doing and why he was doing it - he didn't just walk away without a word, or after saying something hurtful.  He told her he needed to take some time to think about what he wanted to say because everything he was saying was making her feel bad.  I think she expected a very different dynamic between them.  He's not comfortable with her and wants to take baby steps, and she wants more of an instant closeness right away so baby steps are not working for her and her unhappiness about baby steps shows loud and clear and makes him even more uncomfortable. 

Didn’t the show fake us out with the nighttime/bedtime scenes?

In two of the couples rooms the alarm clock said that it was after 5 o’clock. There is no way that these couples left the beach and went to bed at 5pm nor 5am. I think that they made them wake up at 5am, and pretend to be just walking in and going to bed. 

Edited by Deni
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Deni said:

Didn’t the show fake us out with the nighttime/bedtime scenes?

In two of the couples rooms the alarm clock said that it was after 5 o’clock. There is no way that these couples left the beach and went to bed at 5pm nor 5am. I think that they made them wake up at 5am, and pretend to be just walking in and going to bed. 

The waking up and sleeping scenes are always fake in my opinion.

Edited by joacha
  • Love 1

Gosh!  I feel so bad for Shawneice I wish she would just tell production she's done.   Put me up in my own room so I can enjoy Jamaica with the locals.  There's no need to continue this experiment take a page from Heather's book.

• Love 3

That Jep dude is some kind of weird.  I wonder why he signed up for a show called "Married at First Sight" knowing its premise?  What did he think, he was going to get married then go back home to mom?   Obviously, his story line is just there for filler and i'm already over it.  I DVR and fast forward through his rude nonsense.  By the way, that little nervous giggle of his is "suspect." 

• Love 2

Last night's show was the most poorly constructed, heavy handed, double fisted producer manipulated episode..a new low for this show.

Throw the cast into an awkward group situation and force them into abnormal and stilted conversations about their fresh marriages.

The who banged question was prompted by the team of producers so don't put the onus on the cast member doing their dirty work.

Not so subtle slut shaming was the producers' motive but Ryan was aware enough to grab the reins to protect the Buckleys' privacy.

Happy no one got plastered and really made fools of themselves.

Ryan is typical of the life of the party person...uncomfortable in silence but if he is controlling the conversation and temperature of the room then he has confidence.

His motor mouth is covering up insecurities about being on camera, wanting to give the show something to film and responding to the off camera prompts from the producer to say something.

Jon, please let Molly sleep on the other side of the bed so we don't have to look at the rough patch on her right cheek.

Flip her over, right cheek down and let her be filmed on her best side...the left side of her face.

If Molly was not troweling on her makeup to make her face smooth for the wakey crew you might get some morning sexy time.....

Jephte needs to use his words to help Shawniece understand him better.

Shawniece cannot control her crying...her body's  response to any emotional situation.. but crying just pushes Jephte away.

They are  both guilty of defaulting to shut down mode as their knee jerk reaction to any misunderstanding or conflict...gawd, it is going to be a long season with these two....

• Love 2

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I join you all in absolute wonder and amazement that a treasure like Jepthe hasn't been snatched up already. /sarcasm

5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think there is something to be said for body language and the vibe between Jephte and Shawnice, particularly when compared to the other couples, was not good.  I was shocked at how little concern he showed for her when she got hurt, beyond a smug "I told you, so".  I am a reserved person and I would have been kinder to a complete stranger, then he was to his wife.  I would of at least seen if the person was okay. 

Jephte is also acting like someone literally held a gun to his head to participate in this show.  Shawnice is realizing that this guy is just not into her and really, at this point she should just pull a Heather instead of subjecting herself to more humiliation.

Like I said, I am pretty quiet and reserved, but that is not the reason he is not opening up to her.  He is just not feeling it (which is his right) and it is going be very awkward to watch these two on screen for the remainder of the season.  I hope I am wrong and things change for the better after the honeymoon.

Jepthe is acting like a hostage, and keeps saying "you're a stranger" to Shawniece like its her fault. He's a stranger to her, too! She's trying to get to know him but whenever she does anything he either lectures her, talks over her, or tells her she's a stranger and therefore unworthy of his attention or effort. Baby steps? How about no steps? Jepthe is a douchebag. Shawniece needs out. I felt so bad for her when she was crying. Nothing she does is right. He can't acknowledge her feelings or speak to her like she's a fellow human being. He must be a hit with his second graders. Does he stand in front of his class on the first day of school and tell them that they are all strangers to him so they will have to fall into line, do whatever he deems correct, and maybe he'll bestow a smile or a kind word? God, what a dick.

Coldly saying "I told you so" when she cut her foot would have sealed the deal for me in my long term rental in the House of Shawniece, except he acted like such a whiny cowardly titty baby at the waterfall I'd already moved in, set up the Xbox and was cooking dinner in the kitchen. Jesus, what a tool.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

And how much was probably not shown because it was edited out to look this way is my question? There is usually a reason for things like this to go on but this show won't show that part of things because it never suits their pathetic vision of what they want for the show. 

BTW, I haven't seen it yet but had seen a little thing on this from an article on another thread but its not on here yet since I'm West Coast. Yet from watching this show since it started, I've noticed how they play games with the editing and what we are getting. Its VERY dishonest and ALWAYS trying to make someone look like an ass...not always the right one either when one looks at past seasons and how it goes. SMH 

I agree about Jepthe, he is a major rude d&^%!! However, she started pushing the married thing from the very first second. Right after the ceremony she started making statements like, well you're married now. And they really were just strangers, she should have chilled a while about all that "you're mine" stuff.  In addition, she sure went for the coke bottle glasses and boy looking ball cap look pretty quick. It was like she didn't have to care about impressing him any more because "we're married"

11 hours ago, PityFree said:

Jackie's bikini bottom was too small. Shawniece's suit fit her but I always think about tan lines with suits like that. (I prefer suits with straps I can pull down so I don't have tan lines on my shoulders - I wouldn't wear Jackie's suit either.) Ryan can't dress; everything he wears is off to me, somehow.

I don't blame Jackie and Ryan for not talking about their sex life, and I think they were on the same page with lying to the other couples about it. It's none of their business.

Ryan was really clueless about not picking up on Jackie's "I was in a bad place this time last year." I had a flashback when Jackie did tell him about her late boyfriend. A few years ago, I started seeing a guy who was divorced (no kids). When we started talking about the circumstances around his divorce, I asked how long it had been. It was nine months. I met him in the fall; he split with her at the beginning of the year. They'd been together almost 20 years. I thought "Holy shit, you SO should not be dating." (It faded out after a month or two; neither of us was that into it.) I was reminded of that when Ryan was like " ... Um, how long ago was that?" I know the producers picked Jackie because of that storyline, but I really think she shouldn't be here.

Shawniece and Jephte are so wrong for each other. The "experts" fucked this up. I think two things are true:

• Shawniece just really, really wants to be married (she has said as much), doesn't care how or to whom. She assumes that their marriage means they can skip over the getting to know you stuff, but she's backtracking on that because Jephte is harping so much on the "we're strangers" thing.
  • Jephte is being a dick to her.

I mean, look. If I were in a paddle board class with a bunch of people and one of them cut her foot, I'd be like "Are you OK?" even if I didn't know her, because that's what you do. Him being like "Well, I told you so" and "What do you want me to do about it?" was just rude. His whole comportment at the couples meeting was like he was being held at gunpoint. I wasn't that mad at him when he said he wasn't bubbly - he's not, and that's not necessarily a bad thing - but when he was all surly like "I'm not gonna be forced into something I don't want to do," I was like, "Fam, why are you here?" Like, he knows doing this show is totally optional, right?

"We gotta show them we're winning at marriage." " ... Okay." I think I like Molly.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, shannew said:

Gosh!  I feel so bad for Shawneice I wish she would just tell production she's done.   Put me up in my own room so I can enjoy Jamaica with the locals.  There's no need to continue this experiment take a page from Heather's book.

Yes .. I feel the same way.   How much rejection could that girl take, especially since she's in a beautiful romantic place and on her honeymoon no less.  If I had to practically beg for him to "come around", I would split and get another room already.  I don't care that she's a stranger .. So is he, and at this point he's not even trying.  Give him  some of his own medicine and see how he likes it.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

In addition, she sure went for the coke bottle glasses and boy looking ball cap look pretty quick. It was like she didn't have to care about impressing him any more because "we're married"

Wow. That's harsh. How any of us four-eyed gals ever managed to snag husbands will be mystery for the ages. And why shouldn't she say "we're married"? They were married. Was she supposed to sit obediently on a chair of Jepthe's choosing and await his instructions?

• Love 6

Jephte is, a little strange and he was rude and seemed like he was talking to a child when he scolded her about her hurting her foot. But i understand him. He was enjoying the game of asking questions because he wants to get to know her. Yet Shawniece didn't like the game and doesn't seem to want Jephte to get to know her slowly. It's as If she feels she's wasting her time and Jephte should just automatically feel comfortable and act like he's her husband just because he has a ring on his finger. She doesn't need any of that getting to know you crap she wants an instant mate. No wonder she has not dated in 4 years!!! Might be an unpopular opinion but I see why Jephte is frustrated. He says nice things about his wife yet expresses  His discomfort at rushing things and Shawniece freaks out when she's expected to actually get to know Jephte and become acquainted. 

Jon and Molly are so cute together and seem like a good match. They seem to have a lot of fun and are comfortable together. Hopefully Jon doesn't push her for sex. It's not unusual to not want to be touched by strangers but still be comfortable being intimate with a partner. 

Not sure what I think of Ryan and Jackie at this point. I thought he was sweet and understanding about her deceased ex. I'm afraid he may have all these grand ideas about how his wife will be and he may be disappointed when Jackie doesn't live up to his unrealistic ideals. 

• Love 2

I thought Shawneice looked great in all of her swimming suits. She has a nice body, she's in Jamaica on what's supposed to be a honeymoon. I find no fault in what she was wearing. Or either of the other two women.

I think I actually laughed when Jephte told Shawneice I told you so and didn't go check on her foot.  I was that outdone by his behavior that I damn near choked. I wouldn't mind him teasing her with an "I told you" if it were a different situation. As in he was her parent or her older brother and they were young kids. But they're married and he should have checked on her, full stop. Even if it was a little itty bitty cut and she was being dramatic. He should have checked on her instead of hollering back to the group that her dumb ass didn't listen to him and now she's hurt. That was assholish.

Later though, she said something about how being strangers should have gone out the window once they got married. That's just crazy. I get why he's frustrated, because she keeps pushing no matter what he says, but I also get why she's frustrated. He wants to move at a slug's pace and she wants more than he's willing or able to do. I wish they could have an adult conversation like Molly and Jonathan did (about the touching thing) without either one of them dismissing the other with a "whatever." At that point, conversation is over as far as I'm concerned. I do still think he was right to walk away because he did tell her his reasons. He shouldn't have to stay and argue for drama's sake. That would have probably made it worse.

Ryan lied a little too well when they were denying the sex. That would have been a red flag for me. And the way he got pissed with her when she was trying to play a game...he's weird.  

Team Mojo! I think Jonathan is getting on Molly's nerves by joking all the time , but he might be doing that to make her feel at ease since she admitted to being anxious sometimes. I can see how it'd be hard to know when to stop being funny and turn on the romance if you're trying to balance her comfort and consider her anxiety. Kind of like playing double dutch. He could be trying to time his jump in. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow. That's harsh. How any of us four-eyed gals ever managed to snag husbands will be mystery for the ages. And why shouldn't she say "we're married"? They were married. Was she supposed to sit obediently on a chair of Jepthe's choosing and await his instructions?

The notion that a woman should never let a man see her in glasses is like ... I don't even know. Sometimes vision needs to be corrected with glasses. It is what it is. Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of people, male and female, wear glasses, particularly as they age, and they manage to find people who don't mind looking at them. I have a friend who wears glasses all the time (she can't wear contacts) and when she got married, the woman who did her makeup asked her if she'd be wearing contacts for her wedding. She was like "Nope! Never wear them, so the makeup look has to work with my glasses." And the makeup artist was like "On it!" and turned it out. She looked great. And as she pointed out, it's not like her fiance didn't know she wore glasses!

1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

I thought Shawneice looked great in all of her swimming suits. She has a nice body, she's in Jamaica on what's supposed to be a honeymoon. I find no fault in what she was wearing. Or either of the other two women.

I think I actually laughed when Jephte told Shawneice I told you so and didn't go check on her foot.  I was that outdone by his behavior that I damn near choked. I wouldn't mind him teasing her with an "I told you" if it were a different situation. As in he was her parent or her older brother and they were young kids. But they're married and he should have checked on her, full stop. Even if it was a little itty bitty cut and she was being dramatic. He should have checked on her instead of hollering back to the group that her dumb ass didn't listen to him and now she's hurt. That was assholish.

I wouldn't even mind if he was teasing - if he said "I told you so!" while chuckling and then went to check on her. That is totally the sort of joke I would make with a boyfriend because I have a kind of snarky sense of humor - but I would say it as I was going to see about how badly hurt he was, and would try to help. Jephte clearly wasn't teasing and didn't care at all about whether or not she was hurt. That's a dick move.

It's really weird to me that they pipe in him saying how he thinks he could really fall for her when literally every behavior he displays says the opposite.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, shannew said:

I think after Heather, the production crew learned better and made the new couples sign some sort of contract that they had to play out the entire show... that would be the only explanation I could think of since Danielle was not into Cody from the start but they pretty much pretended they were into each other even after the 6 weeks were up.

Tattoos...

Is Ryan's a dead cattle head skull or a mounted stuffed deer head? Either...an odd choice...

Molly's is a tribute to her dead Dad... understandable.

Shawniece and Jephte both have the average amount for people their age, in my neck of the woods, they are actually on the low end in coverage.

Jackie and Jon both unmarked?

Ryan had another whoosh moment...He acknowledged her attempting to talk about her loss but he stepped on her  wanting speaking in length about Nick.

Perhaps he wanted to have the conversation in private away from the cameras and cut her off.

Now we know what Dr. Jessica is yelling at Jackie in the season tease...selfish privacy...Dr. J is paid to force them to spill their guts on camera.

Jon..props for naming yourselves Team Mojo.

Thought he did a good job on Unfiltered.

Molly keeps cock blocking Jon by stating with blunt honesty that she doesn't like strangers touching her, getting naked in front of strangers...so he needs to figure out how to get out of her stranger zone....

To carry the jump rope analogy further...Jon has both arms and hands up high, making circles trying to get in sync with Molly's libido.... Jump in too soon...Square one....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Ryan was really clueless about not picking up on Jackie's "I was in a bad place this time last year." I had a flashback when Jackie did tell him about her late boyfriend. A few years ago, I started seeing a guy who was divorced (no kids). When we started talking about the circumstances around his divorce, I asked how long it had been. It was nine months. I met him in the fall; he split with her at the beginning of the year. They'd been together almost 20 years. I thought "Holy shit, you SO should not be dating." (It faded out after a month or two; neither of us was that into it.) I was reminded of that when Ryan was like " ... Um, how long ago was that?" I know the producers picked Jackie because of that storyline, but I really think she shouldn't be here. 

Its just not right to talk about it extensively with Ryan, or expect him to change his behavior in any way towards her as a result of that - if so, then she simply was NOT ready to get married and should have waited longer. Ryan is not a therapist or Jaclyn's BFF, he is her husband and his response both to her and to the cameras was appropriate. 

I think that Shawniece's strappy black swimsuit was cute, but there may be a difference in opinion between men and women - I would haphharzardly guess that a lot of women would call it tasteless, and a lot of men would say its sexy. 

I also liked how she was the one who brought up the question to the other couples about who was having sex yet. 

I think the couples hanging out together is a nice touch to freshen up this show a little bit. 

It seems like Jephte and Shawniece did a lot of shopping in the resort gift shop to get some Jamaica gear lol. 

Jephte telling Shawniece he wanted to start out as friends - bad sign. Instead of having crying meltdowns (rightfully deserved), Shawniece should play it smart and give Jephte lots of space and focus on entertaining herself during this honeymoon, and if he comes around, he comes around, if not, she doesnt need his company or affection to have fun. This attitude would probably actually lure him in. 

Ryan: "I didnt reveal to the other couples that we had had sex because what goes on in the bedroom is private and between us." As he tells the cameramen and America. 

If Mollie repeats "I've actually never gotten a massage before" with the nervous laugh one more time I will start FF during all of their segments. The constant "I'm not used to being touched by strangers" when repeated again and again is starting to sound like a hangup and again, like someone who probably shouldnt get married at first sight. I would feel uncomfortable receiving a massage from a stranger; hence I don't plan to get married to one either. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Last night's show was the most poorly constructed, heavy handed, double fisted producer manipulated episode..a new low for this show.

Throw the cast into an awkward group situation and force them into abnormal and stilted conversations about their fresh marriages.

The who banged question was prompted by the team of producers so don't put the onus on the cast member doing their dirty work.

Not so subtle slut shaming was the producers' motive but Ryan was aware enough to grab the reins to protect the Buckleys' privacy.

Happy no one got plastered and really made fools of themselves.

Ryan is typical of the life of the party person...uncomfortable in silence but if he is controlling the conversation and temperature of the room then he has confidence.

His motor mouth is covering up insecurities about being on camera, wanting to give the show something to film and responding to the off camera prompts from the producer to say something.

Jon, please let Molly sleep on the other side of the bed so we don't have to look at the rough patch on her right cheek.

Flip her over, right cheek down and let her be filmed on her best side...the left side of her face.

If Molly was not troweling on her makeup to make her face smooth for the wakey crew you might get some morning sexy time.....

Jephte needs to use his words to help Shawniece understand him better.

Shawniece cannot control her crying...her body's  response to any emotional situation.. but crying just pushes Jephte away.

They are  both guilty of defaulting to shut down mode as their knee jerk reaction to any misunderstanding or conflict...gawd, it is going to be a long season with these two....

Motor mouth!.....I'm dying rotfl!!!

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Jackie's bikini bottom was too small. Shawniece's suit fit her but I always think about tan lines with suits like that. (I prefer suits with straps I can pull down so I don't have tan lines on my shoulders - I wouldn't wear Jackie's suit either.) Ryan can't dress; everything he wears is off to me, somehow.

I don't blame Jackie and Ryan for not talking about their sex life, and I think they were on the same page with lying to the other couples about it. It's none of their business.

Shawniece and Jephte are so wrong for each other. The "experts" fucked this up. I think two things are true:

• Shawniece just really, really wants to be married (she has said as much), doesn't care how or to whom. She assumes that their marriage means they can skip over the getting to know you stuff, but she's backtracking on that because Jephte is harping so much on the "we're strangers" thing.
  • Jephte is being a dick to her.

I mean, look. If I were in a paddle board class with a bunch of people and one of them cut her foot, I'd be like "Are you OK?" even if I didn't know her, because that's what you do. Him being like "Well, I told you so" and "What do you want me to do about it?" was just rude. His whole comportment at the couples meeting was like he was being held at gunpoint. I wasn't that mad at him when he said he wasn't bubbly - he's not, and that's not necessarily a bad thing - but when he was all surly like "I'm not gonna be forced into something I don't want to do," I was like, "Fam, why are you here?" Like, he knows doing this show is totally optional, right?

"We gotta show them we're winning at marriage." " ... Okay." I think I like Molly.

Jephte is Vaugh for season 1 2.0.

10 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Its just not right to talk about it extensively with Ryan, or expect him to change his behavior in any way towards her as a result of that - if so, then she simply was NOT ready to get married and should have waited longer. Ryan is not a therapist or Jaclyn's BFF, he is her husband and his response both to her and to the cameras was appropriate. 

I think that Shawniece's strappy black swimsuit was cute, but there may be a difference in opinion between men and women - I would haphharzardly guess that a lot of women would call it tasteless, and a lot of men would say its sexy. 

I also liked how she was the one who brought up the question to the other couples about who was having sex yet. 

I think the couples hanging out together is a nice touch to freshen up this show a little bit. 

It seems like Jephte and Shawniece did a lot of shopping in the resort gift shop to get some Jamaica gear lol. 

Jephte telling Shawniece he wanted to start out as friends - bad sign. 

Extensively? They've only had one conversation about it. It would be really weird for them not to talk about it. I don't think you need to share every detail about every relationship, but talking about the defining ones makes sense - and having your boyfriend, who she calls "the love of [her] life," DIE is certainly something that will change you and shape the way you approach relationships. Didn't she say she was the one who found him dead since they were living together? That's a life-shaping moment. I don't think Ryan needs to change his attitude towards her, but it's definitely something that they should acknowledge, which so far is all they've done. (Honestly, she sounds like she's still grieving, which is another reason she shouldn't be here, but that's the producer's fault).

To me, when someone says "I was in a bad place," a natural follow-up question is "Sorry to hear that - what happened?" He didn't know about her late boyfriend - she could have been in a bad place because she got laid off*, her grandmother was sick, she was fighting with her best friend, etc. To just gloss over that shows a certain cluelessness. If she came home from work and said "I had a bad day" and he was like "Oh word?" and didn't ask any follow-up questions, I'd think that was clueless too, and kind of inconsiderate. The idea behind this experiment is that these couples will grow to love each other, and part of that, to me, is opening up about stuff. Sometimes that means opening up about BIG stuff, otherwise what's the point? I couldn't keep dating someone who didn't show any curiosity about my life (see also: Jephte).

Just now, shannew said:

Jephte is Vaugh for season 1 2.0.

Who is that?

*Typing that, I just realized that I have no idea what she does for a living. 

What I don't understand is how on earth the "experts" ever chose Jephte to be a match for anyone, given that it is highly unlikely he showed much personality in the interviews.  Many of the posters here have said that the experts make matches to stir up trouble, not to find soul mates...but even if that is true, they still need their "cast members" to show some life to hold the viewers' interest.  He is just a disaster for this show (not saying in real life there isn't a match for him, but he's not teevee material!).

• Love 3
Just now, Empress1 said:

Extensively? They've only had one conversation about it. It would be really weird for them not to talk about it. I don't think you need to share every detail about every relationship, but talking about the defining ones makes sense - and having your boyfriend, who she calls "the love of [her] life," DIE is certainly something that will change you and shape the way you approach relationships. Didn't she say she was the one who found him dead since they were living together? That's a life-shaping moment. I don't think Ryan needs to change his attitude towards her, but it's definitely something that they should acknowledge, which so far is all they've done. (Honestly, she sounds like she's still grieving, which is another reason she shouldn't be here, but that's the producer's fault).

To me, when someone says "I was in a bad place," a natural follow-up question is "Sorry to hear that - what happened?" He didn't know about her late boyfriend - she could have been in a bad place because she got laid off*, her grandmother was sick, she was fighting with her best friend, etc. To just gloss over that shows a certain cluelessness. If she came home from work and said "I had a bad day" and he was like "Oh word?" and didn't ask any follow-up questions, I'd think that was clueless too, and kind of inconsiderate. The idea behind this experiment is that these couples will grow to love each other, and part of that, to me, is opening up about stuff. Sometimes that means opening up about BIG stuff, otherwise what's the point? I couldn't keep dating someone who didn't show any curiosity about my life (see also: Jephte).

Who is that?

*Typing that, I just realized that I have no idea what she does for a living. 

I meant to discuss it extensively in the future, it only showed them mentioning it in this episode. I also dont think it is right at all for Jaclyn to describe her ex as the love of her life, whether or not she feels that he was, when she just got married to someone else. It shows that she was not ready to really move on. I really like Jaclyn and she seems like a free spirited woman without any issues so I hope that things work out between them.

I personally dont discuss ex boyfriends with my husband and I definitely dont want to hear about his past love life. My husband did have his girlfriend die very suddenly a few years before he met me. However he only mentioned it once with sadness while we were dating, I told him I was sorry about what happened, but he never talked about it again. TBH if he would need consoling from *me* about his ex GF I wouldnt even think to get married, he would be friendzoned from there on out. 

I am still attempting to figure out how these "experts" thought choosing someone whose FIANCE had died a year earlier was a good idea.  What was Jackie thinking?  Her fiance dies suddenly and she's thinking she should get married to anyone less than 2 years later?  Much less married at first sight?  I am just baffled. 

Of course I'm also baffled by TWENTY-FIVE YEAR OLDS who do this  because they are "tired" of dating and haven't been able to find anyone.  Thirty year olds, maybe.  Thirty-five, sure.  But is anyone this season 30 or over? 

Ryan is probably a decent enough guy but he's fucking exhausting.  Does he EVER stop talking?  Did Jackie do the deed with him in hopes that it would shut him up?  Jeebus.  Despite that, right now, they seem decently matched.  I think the dead fiance is going to be an issue, since Jackie has clearly not moved past it. 

Molly and Jon seem well matched although previews seem to indicate there is some immaturity coming up.  I wonder if Jon's recent joblessness is going to play a role in that?  Or just entirely the frat boy things and the female bestie? 

Shawniece . . . that bathing suit was atrocious.  Especially in front of a man who was horrified at your wedding reception lap dance.  Jephte has said he's shy and wants to take things slowly . . . so wearing that suit may not have been the best of ideas.  

I think Jephte was put off by her at the reception (between the lap dance and masturbation comments) and nothing that she's doing, or not doing, is changing that.  He's introverted and she's uber-extroverted in an attempt to get his attention.  She's so concerned about being a friend and not being sexual right away, she's torpedoing the relationship.   I also think Jephte is emotionally immature, at least to an extent, in relationships, if this is any indication.  He needs to tell Shawniece to calm down, chill out and just have natural fun on the honeymoon and not worry about them being physical, at least not yet.  They seemed to have a good time on their waterfall hike.  In any event, right now, they appear doomed. 

Why did the experts match them?  Jephte, IMO, needs someone who is more like him - - reserved, quiet, etc. while Shawniece needs someone who is more take charge and a bigger personality.  Jephte needs time to warm up; Shawniece wants immediate demonstration of affection, or promise of affection.  

• Love 2

Have Ryan amd Jacyln said they had sex? The condom on the floor in between the petals wasn't jsed so I assumed they put it there as a joke.

Jephte is an asshole. He wants it all on his terms anf doesnt give a damn about Shawneice.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

What I don't understand is how on earth the "experts" ever chose Jephte to be a match for anyone, given that it is highly unlikely he showed much personality in the interviews.  Many of the posters here have said that the experts make matches to stir up trouble, not to find soul mates...but even if that is true, they still need their "cast members" to show some life to hold the viewers' interest.  He is just a disaster for this show (not saying in real life there isn't a match for him, but he's not teevee material!).

I think Jephte seemed fine during the interview and home visits portions we saw.  He was clearly soft spoken and a "thinker," but I think with Shawniece's louder, almost overbearing and certainly sexual personality, he shut down.  

Not criticizing or shaming Shawniece in any way.  This is the fault of the "experts," who should have matched her with a more compatible personality to hers. 

• Love 1

I think that Jepthe and Shawniece need major help with communication.  It's like they are speaking different languages!  I really think that the word "stranger" means something different to each of them.  For Jepthe, it's his way of saying "I don't know you, I need baby steps in this process".  For Shawniece, she hears "stranger" and it's a full stop for her.  Maybe it's the editing, but sometimes their misunderstandings are just bizarre.  

I wonder too what their birth order is--I know they both come from big families.  Jepthe seems like maybe a second child (doesn't seem to have the drive of a first born), and Shawniece seems like the baby of the family.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Tattoos...

Is Ryan's a dead cattle head skull or a mounted stuffed deer head? Either...an odd choice...

Molly's is a tribute to her dead Dad... understandable.

Shawniece and Jephte both have the average amount for people their age, in my neck of the woods, they are actually on the low end in coverage.

Jackie and Jon both unmarked?

So far, I haven't noticed any on Jackie or Jon.

Wow,  I must be old if Shawnice and Jep are under tattooed!

I think Ryan had two large ones.

Jepthe keeps saying "you're a stranger" accusingly, like its something she did to him, on purpose.

When he was acting like a big old nervous nelly on the waterfall, she waited for him, adjusted her pace to suit his, didn't make fun of him for being so timid, and spun it positively as a shared experience where they could have fun together. When she cut her foot, he sneered that "she went into the water even though I told her not to" (told her! she's not one of your second graders, jerk). When she was crying on the balcony and trying to explain her feelings, he cut her off, talked over her, and did not give her a chance to get out one sentence. And it was all about him. Not a word of apology, kindness, or compassion for her, just his sad lonely fee-fees about how she's a stranger. I really, really, really dislike this toolbag. He's full of himself, completely self centered, and seems to be lacking not only in kindness, but basic decency. I hope his mama is proud.

• Love 9