Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I would like this show more if it had less of the personal stories. And do we really have to see the people with big lumps in their nethers jiggling them back and forth so many times? Once would be more than enough, thanks!

• Like 11
8 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

What's with these people?

Get a free surgery and as an added bonus, add tik tok followers.  

Oh, and I don't give a rat's ass about Dr. Lee's bestie getting free PR for her business either.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, cynicat said:

Oh, and I don't give a rat's ass about Dr. Lee's bestie getting free PR for her business either.

Was that on one of those "bonus scene" re-runs that they always label "NEw" on my cable guide?

If so, I missed it.  Care to clue me in on what business she was hawking?

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Was that on one of those "bonus scene" re-runs that they always label "NEw" on my cable guide?

If so, I missed it.  Care to clue me in on what business she was hawking?

The “real” new episode this week had only 2 cases (Wiccan cyst, personal trainer lipoma). The third slot was Dr. Lee’s friend testing some facial goop on her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Rickster said:

The “real” new episode this week had only 2 cases (Wiccan cyst, personal trainer lipoma). The third slot was Dr. Lee’s friend testing some facial goop on her.

And the facial goop test was a complete waste of viewers' time and probably customers' money if they buy it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

I would like this show more if it had less of the personal stories. And do we really have to see the people with big lumps in their nethers jiggling them back and forth so many times? Once would be more than enough, thanks!

The guy with the lump who demonstrated how hard it was to sit on the toilet seemed creepy to me.  And does he have no adult friends to discuss this with?  It seemed "off" to talk about it in such detail with his pre-teen daughter.

• Like 10

SO not interested in seeing Dr. Lee get a facial from her BFF. I like this show, but there's only so far they can push me with stupid commercials masquerading as content. You can't tell me there's a shortage of Americans needing free dermatology treatment.

• Like 13
13 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

SO not interested in seeing Dr. Lee get a facial from her BFF. I like this show, but there's only so far they can push me with stupid commercials masquerading as content. You can't tell me there's a shortage of Americans needing free dermatology treatment.

Yeah . . . we stopped watching that episode when it was obvious it was a free commercial for Dr. Lee's "bestie."  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 6/23/2023 at 5:44 AM, Rickster said:

It's weird, because it destroys the illusion, on almost all these types of shows, that the only people in the room are the patient and the doctors and nurses. Of course we know better, but you would think they would edit the question out. Almost seems like sloppiness in editing.

Even high-quality, very expensive shows like The Mandalorian and Game of Thrones have stuff that should be edited out but is missed. So it’s not surprising that this show has things like that too. Honestly, I’m surprised we don’t see more like shots of someone in the background that should be there or continuity errors with people’s clothing. 

• Like 1

Gotta rant a little here. 😂 Did anybody else find it totally inconceivable that those folks were allowed to continue their party in the waiting room??? Loud music, dancing, drinking tequila shots — no medical facility would put up with that distraction. Between this and the silly facial last week, I think Dr. Pimple Popper is about to jump the shark!!

• Like 15
  • Applause 5

If someone is killing themselves to be *fantastic* *colorful* *all eyes on me*, that is when I fast forward thru their segments and ignore them. Shirley, you and your "crew" are not that interesting.

I was also disappointed that Dr Lee was so performative with the tall guy, getting a stepladder. If he were sitting down you could check his bumps just.fine. Let's just get on with the examination and the surgery. 

My cold dead heart did melt for rhinophyma woman. I have mild rosacea which is well controlled with Metro gel and I would just die having a case as bad as hers. She did look so much better after treatment. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
On 7/7/2023 at 10:05 PM, Red Bridey said:

I was also disappointed that Dr Lee was so performative with the tall guy, getting a stepladder. If he were sitting down you could check his bumps just.fine. Let's just get on with the examination and the surgery. 

I hate to think that perhaps this show has jumped the shark.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 7/1/2023 at 12:01 PM, AZChristian said:

Yeah . . . we stopped watching that episode when it was obvious it was a free commercial for Dr. Lee's "bestie."  

If she was so concerned about Dr. Lee's supposed SUPER skin sensitivity, why in the hell would she mix that banana goop shit WITH TAP WATER???? I'm glad they showed her name because I know to never go to her. my god.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 7/14/2023 at 8:31 PM, auntjess said:

I hate to think that perhaps this show has jumped the shark.

I began disliking this show when it started 90% showing the patients in their homes and their backstory, and 10% treatment.  

I don't mind a little backstory, but when they interview them, the family members, show them in their workplace, then repeat all of that in Dr. Lee's parking lot, while she asks "what are you here for?" in a super high-pitched voice, while there is an obvious bulging bump on the patient's forehead.  Sorry for the rant.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Boy, this season just keeps going, doesn’t it? I think a standard season is 10 episodes and we’ve already had 14, with at least a couple more to come (judging by the preview after this most recent one). I feel like I might have reached a saturation point. 

• Like 2

The photographer said he saw one doctor about his hands and feet then never went to another one. Yet, he spoke like the entire medical community in Brazil was unable to help him. I understand he had a negative experience as a child, but he seemed to have no self-awareness, then Dr. Lee miraculously changed his outlook. I would have liked to have seen more of this important conversation he had with Dr. Lee and less of the first guy saying many times that his life was over if Dr. Lee didn’t help him.

I feel like they are running out of interesting cases so they try to make the backstories more dramatic. Despite what Dr. Lee said about removing a lipoma on the head being tricky, I knew that thing was coming out because we’ve seen her remove similar masses from the head before.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

he spoke like the entire medical community in Brazil was unable to help him

Despite being married to a doctor.  

• Like 5

Although I agree that the ridiculous "showboating" behavior has become worse over time with this show (seriously - that session with her best friend?  The standing on a ladder to see the guy's head?) I also think Dr. Lee is trying to portray the message that not all bumps are equal and that there are some bumps that she cannot or should not deal with.  I suspect as her show becomes more widely shown that she is being deluged with the most desperate cases and some of these sad souls probably have a hard time understanding why she isn't a miracle worker.  Managing expectations must be very difficult at times.

• Like 3

My different theory is that Dr. Lee became famous “popping” cysts and lipomas, so while there’s a core audience that still wants the pops, maybe there’s some thinking by the producers that she needs to diversify the show somehow to keep it fresh. Plus maybe they’re having trouble finding enough impressive cysts and lipomas.
I’d prefer that she deal with more diverse skin conditions.

• Like 6

I don't mind a little backstory, but when they interview them, the family members, show them in their workplace, then repeat all of that in Dr. Lee's parking lot, while she asks "what are you here for?" in a super high-pitched voice, while there is an obvious bulging bump on the patient's forehead.  Sorry for the rant.

If I were a patient with an obvious problem, I think I would be inclined to go all Dorothy Zbornak on Dr. Lee:

Dr. Lee: You look pretty good. What are you here for?

Me: For kicks, Dr. Lee!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Yay! Raquel (Rakel?) is back--and so soon!

I guess they're trying for the Lucy and Ethel of crappy skin. It's not working, for me anyway. It smells of desperation, and I don't know why the show should feel this desperate.

By the time I hit forty, I wasn't referring to friends as "my besties." Dr. Lee seems too smart for this dopiness.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
29 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Yay! Raquel (Rakel?) is back--and so soon!

I guess they're trying for the Lucy and Ethel of crappy skin. It's not working, for me anyway. It smells of desperation, and I don't know why the show should feel this desperate.

By the time I hit forty, I wasn't referring to friends as "my besties." Dr. Lee seems too smart for this dopiness.

I turned it off when she came on. No thanks. 

Oh, I do refer to my longtime friends of 44 years "besties". 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Why on earth would the producers think that when we tune in for a show about dermatological problems, we would want to watch someone get a Brazilian wax as a free commercial for Dr. Lee's friend? I do not care about Dr. Lee's "bestie" nor do I care about the hairlessness of their client. Stop this nonsense, show.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Like 6
  • Applause 9
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

turned it off when she came on. No thanks. 

Me too. I could tell that was going to be the stupidest thing ever! 

• Like 12
(edited)

OK, this is now one I fast-forward to the actual pops.  Cuts the show to about 15 minutes, at most.  Glad I record and watch from that.
Still watch most of Dr. Emma.

Edited by auntjess
  • Like 8

I totally get the guy who used to be a med student. I use to be a lab tech and I do the same thing when I go for blood work or discuss my results.  Actually throw me in a medical situation and I'm like that. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JeanJean said:

When the 5-month-widower said, "It's never too late to get back in the dating game," I thought, "but it  can be too soon."

I have a different perspective.  A lovely friend of mine (both wife and husband were friends) was diagnosed with colon cancer and she fought it tooth and nail for 7 years and her husband was there supporting her every step of the way.  Her last 7 months everyone knew the end was inevitable and he was 100% faithful and loving.  After her death he met a woman in a grief support group (and yes we all thought it might be too soon), they announced their engagement after he properly honored the one-year anniversary of her death, and they are now married.  Her family is still involved with him and his two sons and have opened their family to his new bride.

I am of the opinion that when you go through a journey like this and you know that there is no hope that you are already mourning the loss of your spouse long before the actual event happens.  He still loves his first wife and he also loves his second wife...I wish them a great deal of happiness.

Did anybody else wonder why the woman with miasma couldn't just use a good foundation?  I hope her treatments give her some relief because she was a lovely woman with a lovely daughter.

The football player segment was funny.  Not the usual pop but still light-hearted and nobody got waxed in a significant area.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I have a different perspective.  A lovely friend of mine (both wife and husband were friends) was diagnosed with colon cancer and she fought it tooth and nail for 7 years and her husband was there supporting her every step of the way.  Her last 7 months everyone knew the end was inevitable and he was 100% faithful and loving.  After her death he met a woman in a grief support group (and yes we all thought it might be too soon), they announced their engagement after he properly honored the one-year anniversary of her death, and they are now married.  Her family is still involved with him and his two sons and have opened their family to his new bride.

I am of the opinion that when you go through a journey like this and you know that there is no hope that you are already mourning the loss of your spouse long before the actual event happens.  He still loves his first wife and he also loves his second wife...I wish them a great deal of happiness.

Did anybody else wonder why the woman with miasma couldn't just use a good foundation?  I hope her treatments give her some relief because she was a lovely woman with a lovely daughter.

The football player segment was funny.  Not the usual pop but still light-hearted and nobody got waxed in a significant area.

I have a family friend who lost her husband to Alzheimer's 5 years ago. In reality, she had been losing him for a few years before that. She grieved horrible, but a couple of years later, she acquired a gentleman friend. She is a very outgoing person and likes to be on the go and found another man who is the same way. 

Then you have people who just can't or take much longer, that is okay too. Some people like having someone around, others are more "solo". 

I also thought the woman with miasma could get one of those specialty foundations that cover things like this. I hope she continues with the treatment and feels better about herself. 

The football player was fun! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Hey everybody—did you know Jess went to medical school for 3.5 years?  

WHAAAAAT?  What in heck is he doing seeing OTHER PHYSICIANS?  He should open his own general practice.  I was impressed by his seamstress knowledge.

On 8/2/2023 at 6:31 PM, libgirl2 said:

I totally get the guy who used to be a med student. I use to be a lab tech and I do the same thing when I go for blood work or discuss my results.  Actually throw me in a medical situation and I'm like that. 

Ahhhh...but you learned your profession and actually practiced it. You know blood. 3.5yrs of medical school is just the beginning and he's SEVENTY-ONE now. He probably discusses every specialty with the particular doctors he sees. I bet it's a bit embarrassing when his children hear him.  Sweet, but sad.

• Like 3

That's apparently his pickup line, too. He was telling those ladies at the bar that he went to medical school for three and a half years. I wonder when that'll start to get old for him. And I really wish we'd been told what he actually went on to do for a living.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Quof said:

and why he got kicked out   quit after 3 1/2 years. 

Didn't he say it was because of that lump that caused him so much embarrassment and discomfort???😆

• Like 1

I hear that salaries are through the roof in another industry.

But seriously, Dr. Lee was very tolerant with him. I imagine having a patient like that could be a real pain in the ass. Not sure I would have the forbearance she showed.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Why is she still seeing patients in the parking lot?

I wondered that too considering on the last show the patient was in the clinic without a mask (for a while the state still required them to wear a mask inside).

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Is it possible that these shows were filmed a few years ago and put in the "can" for future viewing? 

I note that there is no other show I watch where NEW episodes are shown over the summer months so that's my conclusion.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I wondered that too considering on the last show the patient was in the clinic without a mask (for a while the state still required them to wear a mask inside).

I thought I heard her say at the beginning of the season that masks were still required indoors in the clinic in California, so they would continue using the parking lot. I have no idea about current rules in CA or when the shows were filmed. Could have been filmed last year.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 8/10/2023 at 3:49 PM, Emkat said:

Maybe it’s because of the crew. I imagine it’s a tight squeeze in the room with Dr. Lee, the patient, patient support person and all the people doing cameras, lighting, etc. so they might want to reduce the time with all those people in close quarters.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
25 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:
On 8/10/2023 at 12:49 PM, Emkat said:

Maybe it’s because of the crew. I imagine it’s a tight squeeze in the room with Dr. Lee, the patient, patient support person and all the people doing cameras, lighting, etc. so they might want to reduce the time with all those people in close quarters.

We also don't know how long ago the various patients were seen.  Maybe they're trying to keep "continuity" for awhile--even though they may not be wearing masks today.

• Like 2

Sort of an odd show last night. An “incomplete” on the psoriasis patient, especially since similar medications stopped working for him before. While the other two patients were improved, the results for both fell short of what we usually see on the show.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, Rickster said:

Sort of an odd show last night. An “incomplete” on the psoriasis patient, especially since similar medications stopped working for him before. While the other two patients were improved, the results for both fell short of what we usually see on the show.

The gentleman with the lipoma on his neck--- I think she did the best she could. It was improved but I worry it will come back. He is a nice looking man and I do wish him the best. The woman with the side breasts--- I don't think it came out the best. They are still kind of there. Maybe time and exercise will tighten it up. I don't know, I feel bad saying this, but I in her place, I probably would not were tank tops, at least not as she was earlier. I did like that pink outfit she had on to see Dr. Lee. 

• Like 3

I was talking to four-breast woman through the TV to Just.Put.On.a.T-shirt if she didn't want those breasts to be popping out in people's faces. Honestly, she was proud of her rack, but we don't need to see it all the time. I was also bemused that the extra tissue appeared to still be there, spilling out, and it looked like the nipples were still visible too. I would have just described them as moles in the future, but I don't believe in oversharing my personal medical issues to everyone. 🤷

I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have such awful eczema (psoriasis?) and really hope that biologic med works for him long-term. My heart hurts for people with those conditions, esp when the right drug makes such a huge difference.

Hunchback guy was fine, even with the large lipoma. People, this is a reminder. Take care of your $h!t when it's small and removable before it gets too deep and difficult to resolve.

• Like 7
On 8/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, Red Bridey said:

I was talking to four-breast woman through the TV to Just.Put.On.a.T-shirt if she didn't want those breasts to be popping out in people's faces. Honestly, she was proud of her rack, but we don't need to see it all the time. I was also bemused that the extra tissue appeared to still be there, spilling out, and it looked like the nipples were still visible too. I would have just described them as moles in the future, but I don't believe in oversharing my personal medical issues to everyone. 🤷

I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have such awful eczema (psoriasis?) and really hope that biologic med works for him long-term. My heart hurts for people with those conditions, esp when the right drug makes such a huge difference.

Hunchback guy was fine, even with the large lipoma. People, this is a reminder. Take care of your $h!t when it's small and removable before it gets too deep and difficult to resolve.

So, I wasn't the only one saying "just put on a shirt with sleeves!". I get at the gym but not every single minute of the day. Then again, her business. 

My heart breaks for people who have conditions like that that are so challenging. You only hope it gets better. 

Yes, that lipoma didn't take away from the fact that he is a nice looking guy. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
On 8/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, libgirl2 said:

So, I wasn't the only one saying "just put on a shirt with sleeves!". I get at the gym but not every single minute of the day. Then again, her business. 

No you were not. Not to be mean, but I was like seriously. I think there are many other people that have a greater need.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1