Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone get the sense that Dr. Pimple Popper's show is ending?  In the episode, she remarked that she will be forever grateful to the show & producers for allowing her this opportunity to help others and showing what dermatology is about. This made me wonder if she has made the decision to pull the plug on the show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
15 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

Did anyone get the sense that Dr. Pimple Popper's show is ending?  In the episode, she remarked that she will be forever grateful to the show & producers for allowing her this opportunity to help others and showing what dermatology is about. This made me wonder if she has made the decision to pull the plug on the show.

I don't know. I haven't heard anything about that. 

• Like 1

I don’t know, for having undergone that long series of laser treatments, the poor guy with the birthmark didn’t look that much better to me, as far as lightening the portwine stain. What did make a difference was removing all the bumps on his face.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

I don’t know, for having undergone that long series of laser treatments, the poor guy with the birthmark didn’t look that much better to me, as far as lightening the portwine stain. What did make a difference was removing all the bumps on his face.

I agree with you. It still looked pretty bad but it was nice to see the bumps gone. He does have further treatments so hopefully there will be improvement. I know someone who's daughter was born with one. She had a lot of treatments and it is still there, though it is lighter. Hasn't stopped her, she worked retail, went to college.... like a normal kid. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

The birthmark was definitely still there, but I think from his perspective it was much improved. For lack of a better term, it looked much “calmer” and more muted than before. For some issues, it’s not so much about complete elimination it as it is getting it to a more manageable, livable state. Sure hope he continues feeling better about his future!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

The birthmark was definitely still there, but I think from his perspective it was much improved. For lack of a better term, it looked much “calmer” and more muted than before. For some issues, it’s not so much about complete elimination it as it is getting it to a more manageable, livable state. Sure hope he continues feeling better about his future!

I didn't think of that. For those of us who haven't had something like this, it still looks pretty bad but for him, it is improvement. It does look less "angry". 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 9
On 8/24/2023 at 12:16 PM, JJ1 said:

Agree. Plus, he had only been through a couple of treatments, and laser treatments take a lot of time to get to their full effect, especially if the pigment is deep.  That being said, I thought he looked massively better and more importantly he was happy 😊

• Like 8
On 8/24/2023 at 7:15 AM, Rickster said:

How "long" was the series?  Or how many treatments?  I missed something.

5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

How "long" was the series?  Or how many treatments?  I missed something.

I thought he had only gone through the first two of what was expected to be a months-long series of treatments.

• Like 1

At the end of the show Dr. Lee mentioned he had returned to San Diego three times subsequent to the first treatment series shown on the show,  for treatments with five different lasers and a lip lift procedure.

• Like 3

I wonder if it's production who makes people like 4 boob lady where revealing clothing like tank tops.  I remember one woman, who had a growth hanging off her but, who was wearing booty shorts.  She had to push the growth up to hid it.  I also think production puts those dramatic bandages on people post proceduree. They are very sloppy looking.  Dr Emma on Save my Skin always has their wounds neatly and properly dressed with modern day dressings  besides Civil War looking gauze.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 8/22/2023 at 2:11 PM, libgirl2 said:

So, I wasn't the only one saying "just put on a shirt with sleeves!". I get at the gym but not every single minute of the day. Then again, her business. 

A shirt with sleeves would cover up the extra boobs, but she still had the problem of them poking out over her bra. I think that could be uncomfortable, and it seems like the extra boobs would get in the way when she moved her arms. 

She did not mention this, but sexual relationships could be difficult. Telling someone you have 2 extra boobs would be awkward.

An issue that seems small to someone else can be a big deal to you when you have to live with it. I had a cherry angioma on my leg removed because I would nick it shaving my leg. It would bleed a lot and take forever to stop. So my insurance may have considered it a benign, cosmetic issue, but I didn’t because of the amount of bleeding. Yeah, I could have just stopped shaving my legs and worn pants, but I didn’t want to because it sucks wearing pants in 95 degree plus heat.

Edited by Athena5217
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

A shirt with sleeves would cover up the extra boobs, but she still had the problem of them poking out over her bra. I think that could be uncomfortable, and it seems like the extra boobs would get in the way when she moved her arms. 

She did not mention this, but sexual relationships could be difficult. Telling someone you have 2 extra boobs would be awkward.

An issue that seems small to someone else can be a big deal to you when you have to live with it. I had a cherry angioma on my leg removed because I would nick it shaving my leg. It would bleed a lot and take forever to stop. So my insurance may have considered it a benign, cosmetic issue, but I didn’t because of the amount of bleeding. Yeah, I could have just stopped shaving my legs and worn pants, but I didn’t want to because it sucks wearing pants in 95 degree plus heat.

You make good points of course. 

On 9/4/2023 at 3:25 PM, howiveaddict said:

They are very sloppy looking.  Dr Emma on Save my Skin always has their wounds neatly and properly dressed with modern day dressings  besides Civil War looking gauze.

I laughed out loud at this! Tonight I watched the episode with  the port-wine stain guy and the pilar cyst country music guy. They both had massive bandages. The pilar cyst guy looked straight out of The Red Badge of Courage with the giant bandage wrapped around the crown of his head to his chin. The other guy I think had a more challenging bandage job because it was the whole side of his face so I am not going to judge.

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

I laughed out loud at this! Tonight I watched the episode with  the port-wine stain guy and the pilar cyst country music guy. They both had massive bandages. The pilar cyst guy looked straight out of The Red Badge of Courage with the giant bandage wrapped around the crown of his head to his chin. The other guy I think had a more challenging bandage job because it was the whole side of his face so I am not going to judge.

Red Badge of courage is a good comparison--I always think Marley's ghost from a Christmas Carol.

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

Come to think of it, when my son had a pilar cyst, on his head removed, the bandage was little.  And it was able to come off the next day.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

FYI, Discovery Life channel, 466 on U-Verse, is showing old Dr, PP shows from now, 5PM Mon. (don't know when it started, last one is 5AM Wed, 1/3.
This is all they're showing, all day Dr. PP.

Edited by auntjess
19 hours ago, auntjess said:

FYI, Discovery Life channel, 466 on U-Verse, is showing old Dr, PP shows from now, 5PM Mon. (don't know when it started, last one is 5AM Wed, 1/3.
This is all they're showing, all day Dr. PP.

Yes, I watched 2 of the old episodes  yesterday and enjoyed each. 

I LOVE the show and miss it being on TLC with new episodes.  I recall that there were a # of NEW episodes during the summer months (when most shows are on hiatus) so maybe their production schedule is different than for most TLC shows.

Does anyone know if the show was renewed and will return?

On 1/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, pdlinda said:

Does anyone know if the show was renewed and will return?

I just looked through the listings on the schedule, and none of them look to be new.  

You can see her on youtube; she posts videos there.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but why is a dermatologist removing masses from under the skin?  Tonight she removed a piece of a pencil embedded in a woman's palm for 45 years.  First, that could had been done in an ER, second why is that considered a dermatology issue?