Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Also, the crossover ended with two weddings that never would've been allowed under a Nazi regime - one interracial couple, and the other couple made up of a Jewish person and a non-Jewish person

This makes me really love the ending. Thank you for pointing that out :)

• Love 2

I've rewatched certain parts of this Crossover so many times I've lost count. I feel like I'm spiralling! 

EBR nailed it as Earth X Felicity. The tears, the quiet gentle kindness when she said the children were starving and then she kinda shifted and hardened a bit when he gave her the gun and she took it. It was her chance to escape and she seized it. I have no trouble beliving that she was going to make good use of that weapon. I just adore EBR as  our Felicity but I'm so happy we got to see her be such a different Felicity. 

SA nailed that scene as well. He looked so devastated at disturbed. It was a big moment for me to see him act opposite EBR and still bring a lot of emotion but without the smitten heart eyes or "I am so attracted to you" vibes. 

I wish one of you guys were going the their next con so we could get a question about what it was like for them to film that scene

Green Arrow speaking in his low growly voice telling him not to shoot Felicity and then reverting to his mushy Felicity voice was just so.....*swoons*

He was also very "whiskery" during that GA kiss and that's the closest he's ever looked like the comic book GA imo. But he was kissing OUR Felicity! Heeeeeeee

SmoakWest should totally be a thing! I broke out into a huge smile everytime they dropped down from a ceiling!

The arrow through the chest for EvilOliver was SOOO satisfying! Went right through! It was so awesome! I'm not normally blood thirsty but that was freaking awesome. 

I really like Gregory Smith's directing! His fight scenes were noticeably different and much better than the awful Bamford ones. What other episodes has he done besides Reversal if anyone knows!

Ray saying "it biggens" is the cutest thing ever! He made me squeee so much with his cuteness and cry during that photo scene where he was mourning Stein. 

EvilXship vs Legends Ship was awesome! LOVED the KillerFrost skates into EvilXShip scene and loved that all the nerds had their own fight to take out the EvilXShip. 

Soooooooo happy! Sooooo happy! Want to quit Arrowverse because I'm so happy!!!!!!

I'll just rewatch the crossover and accept it as end canon!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm really surprised didn't have a new trailer for Black Lightning. I'm they ran those (really short) promos during the crossover, but it would have been the perfect time to release something more substantial. Surely they have enough footage now.

Also that there hasn't been any update on Freedom Fighters: The Ray since the crossover was introducing that world and The Ray. They should at have a release date in mind.

I dont understand why it wasnt released before the crossover since it obviously takes place before the crossover unless the scenes in the trailer are a flashback.

• Love 1

Emily/Felicity cried in a 30 sec scene as a captured jew (the camera wasn't even on her much either) and Jackson couldn't cry when his partner died and also didn't as he told stein's family? 

couldnt they do another take with him instead of doing the typical "cry face?" That's just one thing that irked me in the crossover.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I really like Gregory Smith's directing! His fight scenes were noticeably different and much better than the awful Bamford ones. What other episodes has he done besides Reversal if anyone knows!

Gregory Smith! I can't believe I forgot who directed the final episode! Smith's a director that has nailed most of the episodes he's directed. I say most because I can't forget the one, I believe it was actually Reversal, that I was very critical of. Gregory Smith's directed Arrow's "Nanda Parbat (S3,E15)","Taken (S4,E15)","Genesis (S4, E20)","A Matter of Trust (S5, E3), and "Who Are You", The Flash's "Into the Speedforce", Legends' "Marooned", "Leviathan", and "Invasion", and now this last part of the crossover. It's crazy to think that I've been a fan of Smith since his early acting days back in 1996. He's one of the rare actors-turned-directors who have been very successful. 

18 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Emily/Felicity cried in a 30 sec scene as a captured jew (the camera wasn't even on her much either) and Jackson couldn't cry when his partner died and also didn't as he told stein's family? 

couldnt they do another take with him instead of doing the typical "cry face?" That's just one thing that irked me in the crossover.

Maybe Franz just simply isn't good at crying on cue. Not a lot of actors can cry on cue. Maybe they only had a limited amount of time to get the scenes. Either way, I actually didn't mind because he nailed the emotional aspect of his scenes. His non-crying face didn't detract from the sorrow of Stein's death. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I honestly couldn't care less. I'm grateful they all exist, because I'd never been introduced to Mick Rory and Dominic Purcell's acting talents without them. What percentage of credit should go to which show is extremely uninteresting to me.

Watch Prison Break If you haven't. He's really great!

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm honestly annoyed by the lack of promotion for Black Lightning. Every other day I see something about Riverdale, but BL has been almost nonexistent. 

Riverdale is currently airing. Black Lightening doesn't premiere until January. There's no comparison.

A more accurate comparison would be to another mid season show, especially a new series. By comparison to that, Black Lightening has gotten more promotion. I haven't seen anything for The 100, I zombie or The Originals and yet they aired BL commercials during the crossover.

I think this cross over went over a lot better than last years did, and I liked last years cross over. It really did feel like a big four part story, and while that was probably frustrating for the viewers who only watch one or two of the shows, it helped the story flow a lot more naturally. More characters got more time to shine, and the whole thing had a more consistent narrative thread, while I felt that last year spent too much time making each episode fit into its show. It hit a lot of great emotional notes that I thought were missing last year. 

Also saw the Infinity War trailer today, and it was freaking awesome! Clearly saving the money shots for the movie, but still enough to get me pumped. Between this cross over, Infinity War coming, and Star Wars in a few weeks, I dont know if my fangirl heart can take much more glee!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I'm honestly annoyed by the lack of promotion for Black Lightning. Every other day I see something about Riverdale, but BL has been almost nonexistent. 

I would expect the promotion to go up before the show premieres. There is this whole Christmas break in between. I would like to see a longer trailer, but I'm not sure it would make much sense running it much at this point if people can't watch it anyway. They might have forgotten till next year. I think the fact that they put it behind the Flash, their highest rated shows is enough evidence to me that they are serious about getting Black Lightning to work. 

(He also has routinely fired the writing staff from The Flash every season and this year had trouble staffing the show and challenges hiring women, sources say.)

Whut. It's surprising then that Flash is as good as it is at all. It seems like a really big contrast to the Supergirl staff as well who have a lot of people that stem back to season 1 and of course have this rule of having always at least one female writer per episode. 

8 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Also saw the Infinity War trailer today, and it was freaking awesome! Clearly saving the money shots for the movie, but still enough to get me pumped. Between this cross over, Infinity War coming, and Star Wars in a few weeks, I dont know if my fangirl heart can take much more glee!

I know I seem to follow you around every show’s forum liking your posts, but I have been feeling the same way all day. I am in nerd heaven. That Avengers trailer was a great thing to see this morning. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

I know I seem to follow you around every show’s forum liking your posts, but I have been feeling the same way all day. I am in nerd heaven. That Avengers trailer was a great thing to see this morning. 

Heheheh same to you! Great minds post alike! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

And I loved the celebratory gun bump. Iris is welcome to come visit Star City any time she wants. She and Felicity are delightful together.

It's also funny that they each find the other's significant other to be hot. I'll bet that's going to be an inside joke among the four of them for years to come.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ray saying "it biggens" is the cutest thing ever! He made me squeee so much with his cuteness and cry during that photo scene where he was mourning Stein. 

That was some kick-ass acting by Brandon Routh.  What got me was the very subtle, almost understated expression of grief on Ray's face as he was looking at that photo and again during Stein's funeral.  I also loved the way he kept Eobard from using the scalpel on Kara and then said "Mitts off, Mengele!"  Ray can be a doofus at times, but there's a reason he's my favorite character on Legends of Tomorrow.  Brandon Routh can really bring it!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Riverdale is currently airing. Black Lightening doesn't premiere until January. There's no comparison.

A more accurate comparison would be to another mid season show, especially a new series. By comparison to that, Black Lightening has gotten more promotion. I haven't seen anything for The 100, I zombie or The Originals and yet they aired BL commercials during the crossover.

They dont have premiere dates for 100, Izombie and The Orginals so that's why we aren't getting any promo.for them yet 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Gregory Smith's directed Arrow's "Nanda Parbat (S3,E15)","Taken (S4,E15)","Genesis (S4, E20)","A Matter of Trust (S5, E3), and "Who Are You", The Flash's "Into the Speedforce", Legends' "Marooned", "Leviathan", and "Invasion", and now this last part of the crossover. It's crazy to think that I've been a fan of Smith since his early acting days back in 1996. He's one of the rare actors-turned-directors who have been very successful.

Seeing this list makes me realize how much I've enjoyed his directing across the Arrowverse. Very happy Greg Berlanti like Gregory Smith's work (even if I miss seeing Greg Smith acting).

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

They dont have premiere dates for 100, Izombie and The Orginals so that's why we aren't getting any promo.for them yet 

Which is kind of proves my point. Comparing promotion for a show currently airing to a show that won't premiere for 6 weeks is a bit unfair. The will start promoting BL soon and it will go into heavy promotion 2-3 weeks before it's premiere date. It's also getting the cushy post Flash spot so it's obviously something CW is invested in.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Okay now that I'm off the Xover high, I rewatched the Infinity War trailer. I'm so about bearded Captain America. That looks fucking dope.

Leave it to Marvel to give me something I didn’t even know I needed. Long-haired, bearded Steve Rogers? Yes, please. 

lhjhbB9.gif

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don’t really remember the fight scenes these days unless somthing extraordinary happens. They all bleed togeher at this point. But I did notice his choice for the final battle, in that Oliver’s, Kara’s and Barry’s fights were each filmed in the tone of their own shows. Which, I guess good for Smth for familiarizing himself with the shows’ styles, but I found it choppy and distracting.

I’m rewatching the whole thing and that scene between Barry and Oliver in the tux store is so flipping cute. Their relationship has always been my favorite thing about these crossovers and I’m so glad they got such a nice scene together before all of the action started. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

I’m rewatching the whole thing and that scene between Barry and Oliver in the tux store is so flipping cute. Their relationship has always been my favorite thing about these crossovers and I’m so glad they got such a nice scene together before all of the action started. 

Barry's damn was excellent. Iris' crush on Oliver is far surpassed by Barry's crush on Oliver.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Barry's damn was excellent. Iris' crush on Oliver is far surpassed by Barry's crush on Oliver.

This is why they all got married together. I’m going to assume they’re all married to each other until Diggle says otherwise. We even got decent Iris and Felicity scenes so now we’ve got every side of this quad covered. 

• Love 4

Overgirl as the leader would definitely have made more sense than OliverX. It felt almost out of the blue when he was suddenly Fuhrer on the second night. Maybe they wanted it to be a surprise, but if so, it was poorely foreshadowed. 

Overgirl as Fuhrer would have made more sense (she's more powerful than humans, after all) and would have eliminated the unnecessary Nazi romance while still keeping the find-Kara-and-take-her-heart plot-- she would've been the one directing Eobard, EX Prometheus, and EX Oliver to get her a transplant. 

• Love 6

I did find the WestAllen vows lovely and I'm partially disappointed that there were no vows from Felicity, 

I very much took what Felicity said to Oliver after he said he thought she didn't believe in marriage to be her real vows.  That she believed in him and knew their love married or unmarried was strong enough to see them through anything.  Those worked really well for me even if they weren't done in a formal way.  They sure convinced Olver.  I loved his sudden quick yes when he realized she was serious but I adored his lovesick double I do's as if he too considered her explanation as her vows.   I love that he was the only one of the four that said I do.  It's what you say so you can get married and he was so eager he just blurted them out.  So damn cute.    

21 hours ago, benteen said:

Yeah, the audience got to see Barry and Iris do 99% of what goes into a wedding.  It's okay how the final 1% ended (even then, you got to hear the vows), although I agree it feels weird not to have Joe there.

Well, there is a precedent at least.  Last time Iris tried to elope she didn't invite Joe either.  

18 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I know Oliver and Kara are the leads of their shows but I would have made Lance the leader of EX. To rule you don’t have to be the strongest physically (or Overgirl would have been the leader) and I found PB much more convincing and intimidating than EX Oliver and EX Kara combined. SA looked like he was sleepwalking and showed signs of life only when he had to speak.

Given his schedule and some of the posts we saw from him around that time, he probably was.  

11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

SmoakWest should totally be a thing! I broke out into a huge smile everytime they dropped down from a ceiling!

They were REALLY good at dropping out of the ceiling too.  That's a decent way down. I don't think they got the praise and attention they deserved for their contributions.  

About what Ray said.  I heard and also checked my closed caption to verify Ray say "embiggens" just in case that detail changes things for you.  You very well could be right with what he actually said but wanted to pass that on. 

Ray was his usual (since LoT) delightful self.  Ray's scene with the picture and then at the grave really were moving. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They were REALLY good at dropping out of the ceiling too.  That's a decent way down. I don't think they got the praise and attention they deserved for their contributions.  

Yes!!!!!! I wish I could like this more times!

They kept Kara alive and bought a tonne of time until the very end otherwise she'd be toast! 

Can I just say again how much I loved that Felicity was prepared to die with Kara. Realistically and practically she could have taken off and I don't think EvilOliver would have bothered to chase her down but our girl was having none of that.

And did you catch Oliver's face when Overgirl told EvilOliver to shoot Felicity. He was so scared. Poor thing! Remember last season he had a mini meltdown because she ran in front of HIS gun? This must have taken years off his life! 

Random *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

• Love 10

I had a nitpick about Stein's death and how it went down.  I didn't like that Jax was willing to give him the vial.  Or even that Stein asked him to hand it to him while Jax knew what it was. 

Gideon made it but it was sitting on a table near to the Professor's dentist chair (still hate the med bay's sick beds).   Jax is saying no he won't do it, that he'd rather die with him, but then he does just hand it to him.  I have a hard time accepting he WOULD have done it.  I could see Caitlin or really any other character making that hard choice to save Jax and follow Stein's wish but I was taken out of the moment when Jax for all his protest hands him the vial and then kind of just stands there crying. 

I just wasn't convinced the way it was written and shot that he would based on what the Professor said.  I bought into the grief, just not that he'd hand him the vial.  If Stein was going to convince Jax to do it, they needed to write a better line for him to convince Jax to do it.  Though I'm not sure what that would have been.  Or better yet, trick Jax into giving him the formula without Jax knowing it was the formula.  Have Gideon be tricky and color the tube so the blue potion looked orange or purple and then Jax could have freaked out when he realized what was happening.  As it was, not only didn't I believe the moment but now that it's supposed to have happened, I think that's too much burden to have placed on Jax. to have been the one the enabled Stein to die by choosing to give him the potion. 

So much of the rest of how they handled his death was wonderful, I just wish they'd reworked that moment a bit.   

Edited by BkWurm1
spelling matters
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

but none of that was more important than the fact that she was unforgivably rude and a terrible, selfishperson that ruined Iris and Barry's lives when she interrupted their wedding!

Nazi Lance killed his daughter for being big-sexual

Overgirl killed a preacher, planned to kill Kara, tried to blow up a building and encouraged Dark Arrow to Kill Felicity.

Dark Arrow killed Jimmy Olsen and resistance fighters, didn't give a crap about Best Friend Tommy dying, killed a bunch of innocent people. Told Overgirl to kill the construction workers. As Fuhrer Dark Arrow continued the Genocide of Jews, Gay and, (presumably) Gypsys.

Thawn/Reverse Flash tried to carve up a living Kara, threatened to kill Felicity, is E1 Thawn with all his past crimes.

Yet Felicity is The Worst and we must focus on 2 minutes of TV. ?

Of course all this focus on how "Rude" Felicty was totally overlooks the 4 hour lesson we got beat over the head with. I'm not even joking, Arrowverse is not subtle and they repeated this theme all 4 hours. They did it with Olicity, WestAllen, Kara/Sara (and even Kara/Mon-El), Sara/Alex even Leo/Ray.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 19

All the evil nazis are people we will never seen again, while Felicity stays on. The actions of the nazis are branded as evil, the actions of Felicity are branded as cute and adorable. I think people are mostly complaining that they wouldn't be as forgiving as Iris and Barry were if it happened in a real life context, but their view (Felicity was rude) will never be represented by the show, while the view "Lance is evil for kililng his queer daughter" is represented within the show. 

That said, dedicating an entire article to it seems kinda over the top to me. 

• Love 3

....that comparison...of course a girl spontaneously saying “can you marry us too?” can’t be treated in the same way of Nazis’ behavior, whose life goal was the extermination of everyone that didn’t fit their ideas. Those two things shouldn’t even be in the same sentence.

And honestly weddings are supposedly about love, not about being the center of attention. I think that argument takes away the beauty and importance of a wedding even more than Diggle vomiting right next to them.

• Love 23

I don't think this can even be judged in a real life context because it's not even close to it which is why it's weird to me that some people are treating this as a normal wedding and Felicity got up in the middle of the vows in a full church,got next to Barry and Iris and got married as well lol

In the actual scene Barry and Iris clearly don't care about a ceremony anymore.They want to just sign a paper and be done with it but Felicity convinced them to make it more personal and suggested Digg.It couldn't have been a more informal wedding.They were done with the vows when she interpreted and literally a line was left for their wedding to be done when Felicity and Oliver joined.So really not seeing in this particular situation what's so rude about what Felicity did.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, tangerine95 said:

So really not seeing in this particular situation what's so rude about what Felicity did.

I think it's rude, but understandably so in context. I mean, Barry was so excited to get married right then and there that he ran off and snatched Diggle and brought him to Central City without so much as asking if it was okay - and he knew Digg was injured to the point that he didn't even come to the first wedding. Neither he nor Iris gave a thought to taking some time to get Joe at least. They got swept up in the excitement of now, which is what Felicity did.  

• Love 22

You know what would have really been rude of Felicity? To listen to Barry and Iris go, "we're just going to get a justice of the peace to marry us," know Diggle could marry them but not tell them, return to Star City with Oliver and propose to him and have Diggle marry them immediately (as the last scene of the crossover), all while Barry and Iris went through with their original plan. Then people would be complaining, "Why didn't Felicity tell them Diggle could marry them?" 

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it's rude, but understandably so in context. I mean, Barry was so excited to get married right then and there that he ran off and snatched Diggle and brought him to Central City without so much as asking if it was okay - and he knew Digg was injured to the point that he didn't even come to the first wedding. Neither he nor Iris gave a thought to taking some time to get Joe at least. They got swept up in the excitement of now, which is what Felicity did.  

Yeah I guess I can understand it in that sense.But all of them so clearly didn't care about proper wedding etiquette that none of it really registered as rude to me even tho in a normal wedding situation it would have been.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I had a nitpick about Stein's death and how it went down.  I didn't like that Jax was willing to give him the vile.  Or even that Stein asked him to hand it to him while Jax knew what it was. 

Gideon made it but it was sitting on a table near to the Professor's dentist chair (still hate the med bay's sick beds).   Jax is saying no he won't do it, that he'd rather die with him, but then he does just hand it to him.  I have a hard time accepting he WOULD have done it.  I could see Caitlin or really any other character making that hard choice to save Jax and follow Stein's wish but I was taken out of the moment when Jax for all his protest hands him the vile and then kind of just stands there crying. 

I just wasn't convinced the way it was written and shot that he would based on what the Professor said.  I bought into the grief, just not that he'd hand him the vile.  If Stein was going to convince Jax to do it, they needed to write a better line for him to convince Jax to do it.  Though I'm not sure what that would have been.  Or better yet, trick Jax into giving him the formula without Jax knowing it was the formula.  Have Gideon be tricky and color the tube so the blue potion looked orange or purple and then Jax could have freaked out when he realized what was happening.  As it was, not only didn't I believe the moment but now that it's supposed to have happened, I think that's too much burden to have placed on Jax. to have been the one the enabled Stein to die by choosing to give him the potion. 

So much of the rest of how they handled his death was wonderful, I just wish they'd reworked that moment a bit.   

I'm sorry, I just had to point this out, but I think you mean vial? Because vile has a totally different meaning! ???

I think I've mentioned that I really loved this crossover. Except for killing off Stein instead of letting him retire, there wasn't a single thing I disliked.  

That said, I am going to be a party of one and say I don't think Barry speeding Diggle over to marry him and Iris constituted kidnapping or against his will. When Diggle said to Barry to "warn him next time," I think it was so Diggle could prepare himself and not get sick.

• Love 1

For @quarks... ;)

Arrowverse Crossover Secret: Which Set Was Recycled for the Big Wedding?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 29 2017, 12:01 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2017/11/29/arrowverse-crossover-westallen-wedding-secrets-lian-yu/

Maybe (or quite possibly) I’m a rube, but I assumed that the Arrowverse crossover event’s (crashed) WestAllen wedding was filmed inside an actual, cathedral-ceilinged church. One that has a comprehensive insurance policy.

The truth, though, is detailed in this exclusive sneak peek from “Inside The Crossover: Crisis on Earth-X,” a special feature that this Friday will be available with the digital season pass of each show.

In the video above, Supergirl EP Robert Rovner gives props to his production designer, Tyler Barron, for assembling a house of worship after location scouting for a physical church came up empty.

Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim then shares an extra bit of “inside baseball,” revealing which lightly used set from his show was recycled for Barry and Iris’ almost-special day.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I don’t think anyone is implying that was kidnapping, lol. Just that if we want to talk about etiquette and proper behavior it’s common curtesy to ask first. But honestly the only thing I thought when I saw the scene was “ew vomit”, nothing else.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That said, I am going to be a party of one and say I don't think Barry speeding Diggle over to marry him and Iris constituted kidnapping or against his will. When Diggle said to Barry to "warn him next time," I think it was so Diggle could prepare himself and not get sick.

I never wrote that it was kidnapping. But Diggle was out there living his own life doing whatever while he was hurt - which Barry knew - and Barry just grabbed him and brought him to Central City without asking him because Barry wanted Diggle to do something for him. Which, if we're talking about people being rude - is incredibly rude.

• Love 9