Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

All that being said I can't tell if there was a tonal difference based on shows vs story. First part was more light/fun because it was mostly wedding/party/happy happy joy joy time. Part 2 was more angst action because the Evil Nazi's showed up and so the focus shifted. 

I think the tone had more to do with story than the show, but we'll be able to tell for sure tonight since Flash is ~lighter and it's opening up with the heroes in a concentration camp. I really hope they don't try to lighten that up to match Flash.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

What i'm loving here is that apparently Felicity and Iris apparently don't get captured, they get stuck at Star Labs and do their best to hold down the fort.

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have to admit I find it hilarious that they used the WA wedding as little more than a plot point for the crossover, while Olicity was more the heart/emotional focus of the first 2 hours.

I feel like it's them and Stein and Jax that are anchoring the whole thing emotionally. 

So, the lesson about love that Oliver learns is not to push? He comes to terms with Felicity not wanting to get married and decides being together is enough, and then she throws him a curveball and proposes on the spot?

• Love 8

Just watched both episodes and they were definitely better than I expected. They really are bringing in the emotions for all the main characters. Felicity and Oliver love each other so much they hurt my soul. And Iris West was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen on TV. I was crying along with Barry 

I also loved all the Iris and Felicity scenes, Candice and Emily's on screen chemistry is off the roof.

I get why they went with Nazi's than any other evil versions, they dont need to spend too much telling their back stories and explaining why they're bad and so on. Although a lot of their scenes made my physically ill.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So, the lesson about love that Oliver learns is not to push? He comes to terms with Felicity not wanting to get married and decides being together is enough, and then she throws him a curveball and proposes on the spot?

I guess? 

I do wonder if WM's quote would have been different if she talked about the same plot point, say, last week and not before the seasons even premiered when they were pretending everyone could be dead. 

• Love 1

DCTV Crisis on Earth-X Crossover Behind the Scenes - The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC's Legends (HD)
Published on Nov 27, 2017, by TV Promos

The Flash 4x08 Trailer #3 Season 4 Episode 8 Promo/Preview [HD] "Crisis On Earth X, Part 3"
Published on Nov 27, 2017, by AresPromo

The Flash 4x08 Sneak Peek "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3" (HD) Season 4 Episode 8 Sneak Peek
Published on Nov 28, 2017, by SERIES PROMO

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Unless it was photoshopped, which I'm thinking is a very real responsibility, I wonder if Oliver sees Felicity's grave on Earth X and just comes to accept that being together is enough because at least she's alive? And then of course Felicity will be like MARRY ME, OLIVER JONAS QUEEN. Haha.

Actually, the same thing could still happen without seeing her grave tbh. I still can't figure out if that's true or not. I'm leaning towards not right now. 

• Love 1

Still annoyed they wasted Flashpoint on 2 eps instead of using it for the xovers this year. Could've had evil heroes without nazis.

I rather Felicity not exist on this Earth then have her dead.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Still annoyed they wasted Flashpoint on 2 eps instead of using it for the xovers this year. Could've had evil heroes without nazis.

I rather Felicity not exist on this Earth then have her dead.

They totally wasted Flashpoint and a year later I still can't believe they did that.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think that was established in the first ep last night? One of the Nazis called him that after all the Heil Victory nonsense.

I didn't get that at all. Hail Fuhrer was a salute between Nazis IRL. I think that is all that was. They both said Hail Fuhrer to each other. IIRC.

Edited by catrox14

I think I've finally figured out the hooded Oliver versus non-hooded Oliver pics' inconsistency. The Nazis line up the superheroes to execute them by firing squad, led by Earth-X Quentin Lance. But the soldiers are hesitant to fire because Oliver looks just like their Fuhrer. So someone sticks a hood over Oliver's head. Then just before they're shot, the Resistance fighters attack, led by Citizen Cold and the Ray, and rescue our people.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I think I've finally figured out the hooded Oliver versus non-hooded Oliver pics' inconsistency. The Nazis line up the superheroes to execute them by firing squad, led by Earth-X Quentin Lance. But the soldiers are hesitant to fire because Oliver looks just like their Fuhrer. So someone sticks a hood over Oliver's head. Then just before they're shot, the Resistance fighters attack, led by Citizen Cold and the Ray, and rescue our people.

Makes sense.

Alternatively, Earth-X Quentin puts a hood over Oliver's head before the prisoners are lined up to be shot because he doesn't want the Nazi soldiers to know that parallel Earths exist and especially that their Fuhrer has a double.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Earth-X Oliver is the Fuhrer! Really?...

If you think about, it makes sense. In a Nazi universe, why would the most powerful being on Earth (Overgirl) marry anyone that's less than their highest ranked leader and vice versa?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I guess so, but I guess that means there is no Overman in this version of Earth-X.  I don't see Oliver being Fuhrer if Clark was around. (Or an evil!Bruce for that matter.)

Could it be Barry Allen himself in the future?

Maybe the Fuhrer is actually dead in their world and no one knows it because he's so far removed from the day to day operations of Earth X that it's kind of like the system itself is the problem not necessarily who's on top? So they just always refer to the Fuhrer as the figurehead but it's not a person anymore. I dunno.

Another topic, why do you think they were allowed to say 'Spider-Man' in the DC world? That seems like a big thing to me. Will DC and Marvel both end up under Disney at some point?

Why do the evil earths always seem to have dirigibles flying around? 

Ick factor when Joe talked about his 2 kids  

Dont clink champagne glasses that aren’t crystal  it sounds like a thunk. 

The minister was played by William Katt. TheGreatest American Hero!!!

I was given the series as a present a few years ago. TPTB  are trying to do a remake.

A thurible, incense burner, for a Weapon? Cool.  

• Love 4

The Earth X resistance is based in the bunker in Star City? Why would that bunker even be there if Oliver and Felicity weren't together in this world? The bunker is their baby, so to speak. I wonder if they'll say Felicity X is part of the resistance and died. I think I'll be OK as long as she didn't die at Oliver X's hands. Otherwise I'm gonna punch a pillow. 

• Love 1

Because she got to stand on the higher step and hold Iris's bouquet, I guess.

I wish they would release deleted scenes from this crossover. I remember seeing pictures of them filming some other wedding stuff, like Iris, Joe, Felicity and Captain Singh outside the church hauling people to safety. And the women walking outside on the sidewalk, talking in pairs on their way to the salon.

I'm also sure there were more interactions from the rehearsal dinner. I want an extended cut, lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It was really fast and mumbly.

I think they did it twice, once with Dark Arrow going Heil Victory and the Nazis replying Heil Führer and, then Thrawn called him Führer later when Thrawn, E-Oliver and E-Kara were arguing.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I didn't get that at all. Hail Fuhrer was a salute between Nazis IRL. I think that is all that was. They both said Hail Fuhrer to each other. IIRC.

Heil Führer mean Hail Leader, Heil Hitler = Hail Hitler and Sieg Heil means Hail Victory. They only called Hitler Führer IRL because he was the leader. Last night they only called E-Oliver Führer since he is the Leader.

And man I haven't type Führer this much since college.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Honestly, I would have loved it if the whole cross over was just all the characters hanging out at the wedding, and the reception. Just bring in all the casts, the supporting characters, a few reoccurs, stick them all in a room (with an open bar) and watch the fun! 

I mean, I actually did really like the action and drama here, and this cross over so far is actually very much exceeding my expectations, but its the character interactions that are always the reason to do these kinds of things. I did feel kind of bad for Supergirl only viewers last night. I mean, most of them knew this was coming (although not all apparently!), but they spent a lot of the episode trying to figure out who all these people are, how they know each other, and why some of them were in medieval Europe right before this. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Heil Fuhrer mean Hail Leader, Heil Hitler, Hail Hitler and Sieg Heil mean Hail Victory. They only called Hitler Fuhrer IRL because he was the leader. Last night they only called E-Oliver Fuhrer since he is the Leader./

I understand all that.

IMO, if they were addressing EX Oliver as being The Fuhrer, they would have said, "Heil, Mein Fuhrer" (Hail, My Leader) when directly addressing him. Instead they said "Heil Fuhrer" as a general salute about the Fuhrer. So IMO they were talking about the Fuhrer not TO the Fuhrer himself as in EX Oliver. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

But E-X Oliver is the Fuhrer. The Ray says so in the preview that was released today. 

I haven't watched the previews so I didn't know that. I was just going off of what was said in the two episodes I did see. If that's who he is then that's who he is.

12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I would have thought a MOH would be more helpful to the bride. 

Apparently, bridesmaid is just a courtesy title on Earth-1, they don't even have to attend the wedding since Felicity decided to go the day before. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Earth-X Oliver is the Fuhrer! Really?...

It surprised me, too.  Given Oliver's past history with actual enterprises (running Queen Consolidated into the ground and being unable to keep from being arrested while mayor of Star City) I would have expected Earth-X to have overthrown the Nazis and become a worldwide democracy a few years back.  Presumably Thawne and Overgirl have been shit-canning his stupider ideas.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

I really liked what this director did in his hour.  He pulled in some very cinematic shots that raised the bar from what I'm used to seeing on these shows. 

Kind of random, but I'm suddenly curious if the glasses EBR wears as Felicity have her actual vision prescription.  Otherwise she'd have to wander around set half blind or wear contacts AND the glasses.  Both of which would be a pain.   

2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Apparently, bridesmaid is just a courtesy title on Earth-1, they don't even have to attend the wedding since Felicity decided to go the day before. 

When Felicity asked if "we" were going to Barry's wedding, I always assumed the question was really are "you" coming with me? Lol.  

• Love 5

I was shaking so badly during that Earth X Felicity scene. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Still I'm glad she is alive out there somewhere. I thought SA did a great job there. He was obviously shaken that it was a Felicity but his behaviour was SO different to how he acts around HisFelicity.

EvilOliver didn't fare so well when Felicity lambasted him! I got the "I am oddly attracted to you" vibe from his face when she was calling him names and standing up to him.

• Love 18

That's what happens when a couple's wedding is the background of a 4 show, 4 hour crossover. It 1) gets crashed by bad guys and 2) is not going to be the focus because there are a million characters from the other shows that need to tell their stories too. 

• Love 16