Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

E! already has an article up about what monstrous wedding guests Oliver and Felicity are. I agree, 100%.

Rude and possibly thoughtless during the reception at Jitters? Sure.

Taking advantage of the moment to use Diggle's services as the ordained minister and Captain of S.S. Olicity for 6 years?  Opportunistic, true.  

The thing is that Barry and Iris had a HUGE wedding that would have been all theirs if not for Nazi Interruptus. Meh, monstrous is WAY overstating the infraction.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, NumberCruncher said:

LMAO! Someone wrote an entire article about something that lasted 30 seconds in a 4-hour crossover.  That's...pretty damn funny.

More like sad and pathetic. Fuck Off E!

More Olicity gifs! ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 15

I guess I don't mind the double wedding because it's not like it was in front of everyone, you know? It's not like the WA wedding went off without a hitch or they redid it and they were standing in a church, in front of all Barry and Iris' guests, and Felicity went, "hey, hold up, marry us now too." The only ones there were the two people who have been talking to Oliver and Felicity about their relationship during the crossover and Oliver and Felicity's best friend. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

EvilOliver didn't fare so well when Felicity lambasted him! I got the "I am oddly attracted to you" vibe from his face when she was calling him names and standing up to him.

I'm going to give LOT another shot, and I'm going to be open minded about Ray just for you @Mellowyellow. :D

WA wouldn't have even gotten married if Olicity hadn't offered up their recovering friend and Barry hadn't kidnapped him without warning. I say it's a wash. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

LMAO! Someone wrote an entire article about something that lasted 30 seconds in a 4-hour crossover.  That's...pretty damn funny.

The lady was projecting HARD lmao. Barry/Iris legit don't care at all and pretty much encouraged them to get married throughout the crossover, so why should any of their fans? They're all happy so who cares?

There are more important things in life. To Barry/Iris and Oliver/Felicity all they care about is being with their significant others. The wedding is just fluff. 

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

EvilOliver didn't fare so well when Felicity lambasted him! I got the "I am oddly attracted to you" vibe from his face when she was calling him names and standing up to him.

LOL. I said something similar in the live thread. It was so distracted by it that I missed half of Felicity's speech. I'm not mad, though. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm going to give LOT another shot, and I'm going to be open minded about Ray just for you @Mellowyellow. :D

WA wouldn't have even gotten married if Olicity hadn't offered up their recovering friend and Barry hadn't kidnapped him without warning. I say it's a wash. 

Ray is awesome on LOT. I don’t want him to be my tv boyfriend like @Mellowyellow but he’s so much fun. 

• Love 5
Just now, KenyaJ said:

LOL. I said something similar in the live thread. It was so distracted by it that I missed half of Felicity's speech. I'm not mad, though. 

OMG so it's not just me being a weirdo! I watched it again without looking at his face to listen to her properly! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ray is awesome on LOT. I don’t want him to be my tv boyfriend like @Mellowyellow but he’s so much fun. 

I don't watch LoT but when they showed him holding up the knife as Thawne was trying to cut I think I actually laughed more than I ever have watching any of these shows. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

Barry once again proves he is the worst.  I get that you don't want to kill people Barry but perhaps you could lock up the guy who you know has no issue killing people instead of letting him go.  Dumbass. 

I love that Felicity was the one to propose to Oliver at the end - and love even more that Diggle was the one that married them which also meant they had family at their wedding. 

Just now, Chaser said:

The article read like a 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Sounds about right for E! 

Speaking of bad manners - perhaps Barry should have found someone else to perform the ceremony given that he freaking erased the existence of Diggle's daughter.  #neverforgetbabysara 

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How much is of that is just Stephen reacting to Emily like he always does, and how much is intentional acting? I wonder :)

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I love that Oliver killed his Evil Doppelganger. Like I think that was totally therapeutic for him and he'll be 10% less broody now especially since he married his Felicity.

I was so worried that the show was going to give those Evil Bastards some sort of Lovers Suicide pack and I'd feel ripped off. Glad Oliver killed Evil Oliver. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Barry once again proves he is the worst.  I get that you don't want to kill people Barry but perhaps you could lock up the guy who you know has no issue killing people instead of letting him go.  Dumbass. 

Because it can't be said enough.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

How much is of that is just Stephen reacting to Emily like he always does, and how much is intentional acting? I wonder :)

One of the great mysteries of Arrowverse! He was great with Earth X Felicity though! I thought it was so moving and the way he carried himself was spot on.

But the "Felicity is so hot when she yells at me" face as EvilOliver just threw me off! I loved her speech and it was a great moment for her! He needed to have a different face! 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I don't disagree that it was stupid but in fairness to Barry, it's not like killing Thawne or erasing his entire existence has ever had any lasting effect. I can kind of get why he may not see the point. That said, locking him up would still be a more valid option.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

One of the great mysteries of Arrowverse! He was great with Earth X Felicity though! I thought it was so moving and the way he carried himself was spot on.

But the "Felicity is so hot when she yells at me" face as EvilOliver just threw me off! I loved her speech and it was a great moment for her! He needed to have a different face! 

This just reminds me of how the show has a tendency to avoid Oliver and Felicity sharing scenes when they're not supposed to be together (big chunks of season 3, season 4B, season 5). Stephen's involuntary heart eyes give everything away. 

• Love 20

I also need to say I LOVED Oliver's little "Now she's pro wedding" dig.

I am sure he meant everything he said about just wanting to be with her but that boy REALLY wants to marry Felicity Smoak! I cracked up when he said that line! I think he'd always secretly pine about it if she didn't marry him! 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I don't disagree that it was stupid but in fairness to Barry, it's not like killing Thawne or erasing his entire existence has ever had any lasting effect.

Which if fine.  If Barry doesn't want to kill that's great and I don't have a problem with that.  But there are certainly other options besides killing or letting a murder go.  And Barry's inability to figure that out still earns him the dumbass crown.  Again.

• Love 10
Just now, Mrs. de Winter said:

Which if fine.  If Barry doesn't want to kill that's great and I don't have a problem with that.  But there are certainly other options besides killing or letting a murder go.  And Barry's inability to figure that out still earns him the dumbass crown.  Again.

It's like when Merlyn told Oliver that no prison could hold him back in S3 and Oliver was like, "Well, guess I better just let you go then and save some people the time." V. dumb.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I loved watching WestAllen get married but Iris and Barry did not say, "I do". Their maybe daughter specifically said, "remember to say, I do." Is something gonna happen there? So scared for my babies.

I'm guessing that was a nod to the spec that she is a time travelling daughter and that she had heard the stories about Barry and Iris's weddings because they laughingly share how they forgot to say 'I do.'

Frankly, I found Thawne's statement that he'd never heard of Felicity more unnerving than anything.

• Love 7
Just now, ParadoxLost said:

I'm guessing that was a nod to the spec that she is a time travelling daughter and that she had heard the stories about Barry and Iris's weddings because they laughingly share how they forgot to say 'I do.'

Frankly, I found Thawne's statement that he'd never heard of Felicity more unnerving than anything.

I don't think anything is gonna happen to Felicity. I never trust anything Thawne has to say really. He has a way of twisting the truth to fit his purposes. Wasn't he the same guy who was said, he has heard many great things about Felicity when Felicity first visited Barry back on season 1 episode 4 of the Flash. So, I think he just wanted to intimidate her. 

• Love 17
Just now, apinknightmare said:

It's like when Merlyn told Oliver that no prison could hold him back in S3 and Oliver was like, "Well, guess I better just let you go then and save some people the time." V. dumb.

Seriously.  Just as dumbass.  Perhaps now that they both have wives that are much smarter than they are they should ask Felicity and Iris about a place called the middle ground. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think it was intentional. I just think they can't not have sparkly chemistry with each other. That's just one of the reasons I love Olicity so much. I was thinking about it yesterday and realized they've surpassed Sydney and Vaughn as my all-time fave OTP, and for anyone who knows me, that's huge.

Speaking of Alias, I really need Victor Garber to stop playing self-sacrificing dads. I read all the spoilers and I still wasn't prepared for how emotional and sad Stein's death was. I don't even watch LoT, but I was torn up by those scenes, and all the Legends' reactions. Sniff. 

47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I love that Oliver killed his Evil Doppelganger. Like I think that was totally therapeutic for him and he'll be 10% less broody now especially since he married his Felicity.

The minute he showed up and saw Evil Oliver threatening to kill Felicity, I was pretty sure EO wasn't going to make it out of the episode alive. You know how Oliver gets.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 19
10 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I wonder if he’s heard of Felicity Queen? 

CAUSE MARRIED.

Lol Honestly, I think it’s another acknowledgement that she isn’t a comic character and yet here she is. Bet it rubs some people the wrong way.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Imagine being mad about a ship when the whole crossover was about Nazis. That is so messed up I have no words. Yikes.

Not just that, but imagine being more mad about a ship than happy that your ship is married.

• Love 21
Just now, KenyaJ said:

Not just that, but imagine being more mad about a ship than happy that your ship is married.

This. WA had a really lovely moment and got to say actual vows. They had a whole scene of Iris walking down the aisle looking so beautiful and GG really did good with that teary eyed look. I'd be eating that shit up if it was me.

• Love 13

As if tons of other character combination hadn't also already done versions of "it's not your superhero self, it's your normal self/you are my hero" many times before, but of course only this one is plagiarism. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

E! already has an article up about what monstrous wedding guests Oliver and Felicity are. 

Hee!  All I can say is I legitimately don't give a hoot about what any reviewers that might complain about them in their articles say.  I just don't care, lol.  It's a lovely place to be. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was shaking so badly during that Earth X Felicity scene. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Still I'm glad she is alive out there somewhere. I thought SA did a great job there. He was obviously shaken that it was a Felicity but his behaviour was SO different to how he acts around HisFelicity.

Hey, you finally have a verse where I can wholeheartedly ship Felicity with Ray.  FelicityX needs some kindness in her life.  Also, I hope she knew how to shoot a machine gun.  I was confused as to if I should be pleased or annoyed by our Oliver's faith in her ability to handle herself without further assistance.  

And oh, PB as QuentinX was more terrifying in his role by far than SA even as the ruler of the whole evil empire.  He was frighteningly good in that role.  I hope Arrow pays him well. They underuse his abilities in a criminal way.  

7 minutes ago, tofutan said:

As if tons of other character combination hadn't also already done versions of "it's not your superhero self, it's your normal self/you are my hero" many times before, but of course only this one is plagiarism. 

It's a silly oversight to be sure.  Still, not as bad as the writers forgetting that Felicity has a nut allergy and eating rocky road ice cream.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This. WA had a really lovely moment and got to say actual vows. They had a whole scene of Iris walking down the aisle looking so beautiful and GG really did good with that teary eyed look. I'd be eating that shit up if it was me.

Yeah, because they shared SO many scenes together in this crossover. No, they were completely shafted, actually. And then even their shitty wedding next to vomit gets rudely interrupted AGAIN. 

Not sure if the "I do" omission could become a thing, but I suppose it's possible. Not sure why they wouldn't actually be married or anything though (they must have had a marriage license already, right?) Plus, it didn't sound like Diggle was going to do the traditional "do you take" speech anyway, he asked if they had their own vows instead.

I do think they showed Iris's vows on that piece of paper for a reason though (the kid's probably going to have an old copy of them).

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hey, you finally have a verse where I can wholeheartedly ship Felicity with Ray.  FelicityX needs some kindness in her life.  Also, I hope she knew how to shoot a machine gun.  I was confused as to if I should be pleased or annoyed by our Oliver's faith in her ability to handle herself without further assistance.  

It's a silly oversight to be sure.  Still, not as bad as the writers forgetting that Felicity has a nut allergy and eating rocky road ice cream.   

Felicity on any earth has the ability to make use of any weapons available to her. She will mow down a few Nazis, stumble into Earth X Ray Palmer, they will fight together and live a long life together! NO ONE can tell me otherwise! 

I thought we all settled the nut issue ages ago =P

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, because they shared SO many scenes together in this crossover. No, they were completely shafted, actually. And then even their shitty wedding next to vomit gets rudely interrupted AGAIN

How were they shafted?

Like I do think Olicity has 100X the chemistry of WestAllen but they didn't steal their moment at all. WestAllen had a full on wedding that was finally completed with Diggle officiating. It changed form is all by the end.

• Love 11

Since the whole crossover shafted them anyway, they might as well have had the Nazis crash the reception. Then maybe Felicity could have the spur of the moment inspiration to get married at the end, with Barry/Iris as witnesses.