Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: Season Finale: Candle Wicks and Lunatics

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The difference between Vicki and Tamra is......Tamra shows you the knife she carries to stab people with. She will actually play with it in front of you before and as she stabs you. Vicki on the other hand, tells you she "hates" knives while she carries one in each pocket, her purse and under her hair and she arms her "friends" with knives to help her take you out but you never see the knives even after she stabs you because she hides her hands behind her back and says that she gave the others knives in private for their private use only. LOL

This is an absolutely perfect description of the antics of Tamra and Vicki.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, abc123baby said:

I believe Kelly's issues with Micheal because I see flashes of his behavior, he isn't on camera much, and he is good to keep it off camera.  She had previously filed for divorce and there was a psychological study done on him, this was discussed on the show.  That was all done pre-show and so I think the evaluation is an accurate representation of his personality.  A lot of her anger and behaviors is due to dealing with her home life, and there has been no sex or intimacy in a long time.  She is lonely, hurt, isolated and there is likely (based on the evaluation and what she has hinted) lots of emotional abuse.  

I believe Kelly enjoyed Michael when he wanted to travel, she has posted pictures f the two of them with Jacques Pepin:  

I believe what Kelly wants is an unretired, good looking guy.  I think she is antsy and wants to be on the go and he may be a little more settled.  I truly believe she resents that he has retired and hangs around the house all day.  She married the older guy for money and security, got the child for support for the next eight years and now she is ready to move on.  She has a good paying job for however long it lasts and doesn't need Michael.   SHe has now pretty much secured some decent spousal support for the next several years.  The woman is no fool.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Every first season for a new housewife is painful to watch..Gretchen, Alexis, Meghan, Kelly and now Peggy.  I would love for Peggy to come back for another season and find her niche.  I loathed Kelly last season, and yet love her this season.  My ideal cast would be...Shannon for the sarcasm and wit, Kelly for the fight, Peggy for the bling, Alexis because she really did put up a good fight, and..i can't think of her name..first season..had the wild pit bull loving daughters and young son..she can bring the normal..she was rich and now she's not...

• Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 7:11 AM, ghoulina said:

Well, according to Tamra, a friend of Vicki's put a story about Tamra's family in the press shortly after their return from Iceland. This is classic Vicki, if you ask me. She is never going to give up, but she wants to have her casserole and eat it too. She wants to party and be chummy with Tamballs, but she is still pissed at everyone who she perceives betrayed her over Brooks. So she's going to make them pay. One way or the other. 

I think Shannon's comments to Vicky during the whole Vicky-Tamra reconciliation love fest in Iceland just shows she knows what's really up with Vicky and Shannon isn't putting up with it---even for the cameras.  Shannon is spot on about Vicky's character and Vicky just proves over and over again by her actions away from the show what a back-stabber she is.

It's just that sometimes Shannon comes off as a bit over the top and there are times when she can pick her spots better and express herself in a calmer manner.  I'm kinda with Meghan when she said (paraphrasing), "Now's not the time."  But, then again as others have already said so eloquently in this thread, Shannon is probably mad as hell right now (about a lot of things in her life) and not going to take it anymore.

Edited by la patineuse
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Kelly enjoyed Michael when he wanted to travel, she has posted pictures f the two of them with Jacques Pepin:  

I believe what Kelly wants is an unretired, good looking guy.  I think she is antsy and wants to be on the go and he may be a little more settled.  I truly believe she resents that he has retired and hangs around the house all day.  She married the older guy for money and security, got the child for support for the next eight years and now she is ready to move on.  She has a good paying job for however long it lasts and doesn't need Michael.   SHe has now pretty much secured some decent spousal support for the next several years.  The woman is no fool.

Kelly is an outgoing much younger woman than Michael who is older and acts like an hermit.

He will have no trouble finding a replacement. OC is full of Gold diggers.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what Simon posted:  

Very proud of my daughter. She received The GPA, AP classes, language, etc. Awards.

So this was okay?  As if the gossip sites don't check Simon's twitter account.  

Why would the gossip sites check Simon's account? Have you ever seen them make anything he posted news? Uh, no. They care about Tamra. No one cares if SImon attended her graduation, but it's clearly going to be news that Tamra did. The only time the gossip sites ever care about anything Simon or Sydney do is when they reference Tamra or it's about Tamra.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Saltgypsie said:

Every first season for a new housewife is painful to watch..Gretchen, Alexis, Meghan, Kelly and now Peggy.  I would love for Peggy to come back for another season and find her niche.  I loathed Kelly last season, and yet love her this season.  My ideal cast would be...Shannon for the sarcasm and wit, Kelly for the fight, Peggy for the bling, Alexis because she really did put up a good fight, and..i can't think of her name..first season..had the wild pit bull loving daughters and young son..she can bring the normal..she was rich and now she's not...

That was Tammy Knickerbocker from the 2nd season. I didn't mind Tammy, but her daughters were hot messes. I do wonder what they're up to these days. They weren't as bad as the Curtain girls at least....

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That was Tammy Knickerbocker from the 2nd season. I didn't mind Tammy, but her daughters were hot messes. I do wonder what they're up to these days. They weren't as bad as the Curtain girls at least....

Yes!  Tammy!  I don't remember her ever throwing anyone under the bus. I like her and I think she would be great!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, abc123baby said:

I believe Kelly's issues with Micheal because I see flashes of his behavior, he isn't on camera much, and he is good to keep it off camera.  She had previously filed for divorce and there was a psychological study done on him, this was discussed on the show.  That was all done pre-show and so I think the evaluation is an accurate representation of his personality.  A lot of her anger and behaviors is due to dealing with her home life, and there has been no sex or intimacy in a long time.  She is lonely, hurt, isolated and there is likely (based on the evaluation and what she has hinted) lots of emotional abuse.  

Kelly's account was discussed on the show. Were her claims in this capacity ever independently verified? Because she offered a synopsis of the previous separation that didn't make sense in other respects - i.e. asserting that her attorney had "negotiated" a financial settlement but Michael subsequently rejected it (so, no, said attorney did not actually negotiate a settlement, he proposed one to which Michael didn't agree). 

From what has aired, Kelly is as active in the discord in her marital dynamic as her husband (it seemed like she literally could not restrain herself from retorting over relatively picayune points when disparaging him to the makeup artist). 

Neither she nor Shannon are victims IMO - when you deliberately put down your husband on camera, the martyrdom ship has sailed. 

11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Very proud of my daughter. She received The GPA, AP classes, language, etc. Awards.

Granted, I don't follow news about Simon and/or Sidney specifically but - like a lot of posters on this board - I read an array of Housewives-centric Internet platforms and I've never seen a gossip site run an item about them independent of Tamra. Just like coverage of the Keough children doesn't really occur consistently anymore. 

Why would these rumor vehicles write about Sidney's graduation outside the context of her mother? When Tamra posts the same information, it reaches a much broader audience and simultaneously increases the likelihood that more media in total will promote the family reunion angle. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Kelly's account was discussed on the show. Were her claims in this capacity ever independently verified? Because she offered a synopsis of the previous separation that didn't make sense in other respects - i.e. asserting that her attorney had "negotiated" a financial settlement but Michael subsequently rejected it (so, no, said attorney did not actually negotiate a settlement, he proposed one to which Michael didn't agree). 

From what has aired, Kelly is as active in the discord in her marital dynamic as her husband (it seemed like she literally could not restrain herself from retorting over relatively picayune points when disparaging him to the makeup artist). 

Neither she nor Shannon are victims IMO - when you deliberately put down your husband on camera, the martyrdom ship has sailed. 

Granted, I don't follow news about Simon and/or Sidney specifically but - like a lot of posters on this board - I've never seen a gossip site run an item about them independent of Tamra. Just like coverage of the Keough children doesn't really occur consistently anymore. 

Why would these rumor vehicles write about Sidney's graduation outside the context of her mother? When Tamra posts the same information, it reaches a much broader audience and simultaneously increases the likelihood that more media in total will promote the family reunion angle. 

Just my 2 cents worth here but Simon used the tabloids during the divorce/custody battle and the subsequent custody about Sydney by sending them copies of his petitions, his/Sydney's complaints against Tamra. The tabloids/bloggers know that they will slam her via SM. It's sad, both parents need to keep this off of SM (and Tamra the show) and Sydney needs to keep it off of her SM as well. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Kelly is an outgoing much younger woman than Michael who is older and acts like an hermit.

He will have no trouble finding a replacement. OC is full of Gold diggers.

Just like the homely loser Kelly.

25 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Granted, I don't follow news about Simon and/or Sidney specifically but - like a lot of posters on this board - I read an array of Housewives-centric Internet platforms and I've never seen a gossip site run an item about them independent of Tamra. Just like coverage of the Keough children doesn't really occur consistently anymore. 

BOTH Kelly, the bitch, and Shannon, the spoiled, drama queen, have NOTHING to offer to any man. Can't stand either of them.

I'll betcha dollars to donuts, that good old NOBLEMAN will be in the bottom of some catbox, somewhere in three months!  It won't last ONE FREAKING YEAR (at $20 a copy!)

Edited by goofygirl
that dang spelling and typing
  • Love 10
On 11/14/2017 at 11:42 AM, Juliegirlj said:

What a surprise: "Godly" woman that Lydia is, wants a designer baby. 

Im so glad Brianna and Ryan are leaving OC and hopefully will not be regular cast members. Why does Brianna insist on squeezing her body into tight body con style dresses?! She looked like a truck driver lumbering down those stairs. 

Kudos to Eddie for ignoring Vicki- he said he wants nothing to do with her and he meant it! Also kudos for helping Tamra down the stairs in heels- very telling which men provided an arm for support and who did not. 

Dick-O and Peggy are boring, weird, thirsty, and do not fit in with this group. Hope producer's now realize this....

I paid attention to the men who helped their partners down the stairs. Just plain good manners. Manners, good or bad, speak volumes to me about the type of person you are.

• Love 5
On 11/16/2017 at 7:56 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I would love to see her try to enter our state's insurance market and get busted by our fraud department.

Same here.  Betcha she would make her "franchises" feed her leads.  Does she make her staff make cold calls in the john? 

• Love 4
On 11/17/2017 at 0:12 PM, bravofan27 said:

Why would the gossip sites check Simon's account? Have you ever seen them make anything he posted news? Uh, no. They care about Tamra. No one cares if SImon attended her graduation, but it's clearly going to be news that Tamra did. The only time the gossip sites ever care about anything Simon or Sydney do is when they reference Tamra or it's about Tamra.

Sites check the friends and families of the RH all the time as do viewers.  Sydney and Simon used their social media accounts to go after Tamra when they were displeased and it brought their situation front and center.  Most of the time the writers just follow someone on Twitter or Instagram and notified automatically.  So if say Simon gets married and posts a wedding picture they have it.  I know I went back during the airing of the Brooks debacle and found months old photos on his account of him taking pictures of the City of Hope sign and then titling in "Angels".  There were several references even before the season began shooting to his "cancer journey" on his social media.  Needless to say Brooks has now deleted those from his social media account.

Now someone like Ricky, isn't really followed until he decided to make himself relevant.  After Vicki claimed she was not responsible for inviting Ricky to her birthday party.  http://www.realmrhousewife.com/2017/09/20/exclusive-ricky-santana-it-appears-vicki-gunvalson-had-an-ulterior-motive-for-having-me-at-her-party/

Gunvalson

Santana posted a screenshot of this alleged text exchange between him and Gunvalson:

Based on the text above, it seems that Gunvalson claims production said to “invite your close friends,” implying that Santana is one of her close friends if he was invited.

Santana also posted a tweet saying, “Lay down with dogs and you’ll wake up with fleas! #lessonlearned” and the following as well:

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Saltgypsie said:

i can't think of her name..first season..had the wild pit bull loving daughters and young son..she can bring the normal..she was rich and now she's not...

Plus my still favorite HW storylines of all time: Tammy's ex husband and his friends with the mail order brides, the OC Angel Water promotions and the daughters asked to try bootie shorts and string bikinis in front of these letches, the ex dying without leaving anything to his daughters and the mail order bride kicking them out of the house. You couldn't make this stuff up. Tammy was a bore and left the show because it wasn't good for her family (no kidding) so she really was a good mother. She still pops up in the background of parties.

and finally this was the reason we now call Tamra, Tamra. Tammy Knickerbocker was first so tptb asked Tammy Barney to use a different name but to me she will always be trailer park Tammy Sue.

• Love 8

Just because Tamra may have a good relationship with her two other children with Simon, doesn’t mean that Sydney is at fault. Sydney’s the oldest right? Often children in the same family can have very different relationships with their parents. I see Sydney trying to assert heathy boundaries, and Tamra ignoring them

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, snowblossom2 said:

Just because Tamra may have a good relationship with her two other children with Simon, doesn’t mean that Sydney is at fault. Sydney’s the oldest right? Often children in the same family can have very different relationships with their parents. I see Sydney trying to assert heathy boundaries, and Tamra ignoring them

Agree!

I think Sydney as the oldest child was privy to/witness to more of the Tamra/Simon fights. She probably took it upon herself to protect the younger ones. Didn't Tampon have Simon falsely arrested? I wonder if Sydney saw that event.

Tampon certainly "calmed" down on the show since marrying Eddie, but her nastiness/trashiness lurks below the surface and rears its head - just more subtlely

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, snowblossom2 said:

That's a very valid point.  I know siblings where one has a great relationship, one has a meh relationship, and the other has a horrible relationship.  Sometimes you can easily find one person at fault but not always. 

The one thing that I do think is odd is that Sydney made the claim about how Tamra never had food in the house.  When I lived in the US, I was a mandated reporter and that would have generated an automatic DFACS call.  So, I have issue believing that particular allegation because it obviously was false.  If there was any truth to that, the state (or Simon) would have intervened and gotten the other two children pulled from the house. 

• Love 4
On 11/14/2017 at 0:35 PM, SheTalksShit said:

She's either bullshitting OR she grew up really sheltered and was like, homeschooled by only Armenians or something. 

Here in CA, specifically Glendale and nearby, you could potentially only interact within the culture...if you wanted.  There are Armenian schools, businesses, churches, so I could see how she still has her accent.  I’m sure the same could be said for lots of cultures with concentrated populations here.  That said, Peggy just seems like a do-do. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Just my 2 cents worth here but Simon used the tabloids during the divorce/custody battle and the subsequent custody about Sydney by sending them copies of his petitions, his/Sydney's complaints against Tamra. The tabloids/bloggers know that they will slam her via SM. It's sad, both parents need to keep this off of SM (and Tamra the show) and Sydney needs to keep it off of her SM as well. 

No he didn't and doesn't. Simon is not a media warthog but tamra sure is.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

she will always be trailer park Tammy Sue.

Bwhahahha so true!!!!

On 11/17/2017 at 9:16 AM, zoeysmom said:

Yup its fine. Simon isn't frantic for attention.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Yes, he did. He used Jenna, the tabloids/bloggers and media in his fight for custody and to make Tamra out as a bad parent. Simon may bot be an attention ho like Tamra but he is a control freak and hates that he no longer has control over her. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, he did. He used Jenna, the tabloids/bloggers and media in his fight for custody and to make Tamra out as a bad parent. Simon may bot be an attention ho like Tamra but he is a control freak and hates that he no longer has control over her. 

In my opinion he didn't and from what we've seen over the years Tamra is a bad parent.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Bwhahahha so true!!!!

Yup its fine. Simon isn't frantic for attention.

Well if he can do it why can't Tamra?

12 minutes ago, sarivon said:

Part of Tamra's job and all RH, is to media friendly.  Many if not all of the RHs post pictures of their children and their accomplishments.  This was a proud day for Tamra and she wanted to celebrate it.  I found it interesting that her daughter's gripe was that Tamra had 1,000,000 followers.  Sorry but a lesson ever child and adult needs to learn if you put it on the internet it is available to the entire world.  SImon and Tamra both post pictures of their youngest child all the time-her first day of 7th grade and other such milestones.  Simon posts photos of the youngest's birthday parties with her little friends.  Does he do it because he is fame-ho?  Probably not but he does it.  He also posts photos of he and two of his children travelling abroad.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Part of Tamra's job and all RH, is to media friendly.  Many if not all of the RHs post pictures of their children and their accomplishments.  This was a proud day for Tamra and she wanted to celebrate it.  I found it interesting that her daughter's gripe was that Tamra had 1,000,000 followers.  Sorry but a lesson ever child and adult needs to learn if you put it on the internet it is available to the entire world.  SImon and Tamra both post pictures of their youngest child all the time-her first day of 7th grade and other such milestones.  Simon posts photos of the youngest's birthday parties with her little friends.  Does he do it because he is fame-ho?  Probably not but he does it.  He also posts photos of he and two of his children travelling abroad.

Tamras media friendly job can happen by respecting her kid's wishes to be left out of posts. If Sydney asked her father to stop talking about her, would he? I say yes.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This gets trotted out every so often and it's not really accurate. The Barneys ugly split played out on the show -- or, as Tamra so eloquently expressed it in the *limo, Fuck you! I want a divorce! 

Tamra, more than once, accused Jeana of "talking to the press." Jeana explained to Tamra -- again, more than once -- that the media contacted her for her opinion --it wasn't like she had TMZ on speed dial or Simon was pulling her string to talk. Anyway, why wouldn't Jeana share her opinion on Tamra and Simon when asked -- it's not like she and Tamra were close friends or she owed Tamra anything

*At the reunion that closed that season, Tams sniveled through the revelation that she had planned to leave Simon once before but then found out she was pregnant with I-don't-know-which-kid. I wonder if said kid now has years of therapy awaiting him or her, knowing that s/he was the cause of Tamra's trauma and drama du jour.

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Part of Tamra's job and all RH, is to media friendly.  Many if not all of the RHs post pictures of their children and their accomplishments.  

Another perspective: it's not like Jeana was Tamra's mother and Tamra asked Mom to stop discussing her and mentioning her and posting about her. Imagine that-- being asked to stop only to be informed it's part of the job to discuss and post and share, so suck it up and keep smiling.

Barbara+Feldon+Smile+1975.JPG

• Love 4

I'm not on Sidney or Tamra's side. Tamra is not doing the right thing by focusing only getting sympathy and not trying to understand Sidney better. It seems like Tamra has decided that Sidney is "brainwashed" and therefore doesn't really take her complaints seriously or listen to her in a real way. She thinks it's all coming from Simon and by doing that, she misses the true feelings of Sidney. I'm sure there is some Simon influence in there, but Sidney does have her own feelings. Sidney strikes me as the "church girl" type, and believe me, from teaching at a religious college, church girls can be the meanest of the mean-- the most judgemental, and the most hateful. Not all of course, but Sidney strikes me as the all-mighty in-the-know church girl who lives by God's word and looks down on those who don't. So yeah, Tamra isn't going to live up to her expectations. But still, it would be beneficial for Tamra to try to really get to know Sidney and not just make it all about herself and blame Simon. 

Tamra's true beef with Alexis is that she invited Simon to church with them, and Simon really wanted a wife like Alexis. Tamra tried to be like Alexis for a bit but ended up super resenting her and putting her down for everything that Simon liked about her (beauty, devoted mother, classy, even tempered, obedient, etc). It's not the most progressive way to be, not Tamra's thing, but she married Simon who was very traditional and conservative, and wanted a Christian wife. Tamra was definitely the opposite, but she did have the looks, which kept Simon interested for as long as he was. The end was when she got famous and started going to parties and stuff and Simon lambasted her about not being home and not being a mother.

In any case, I like Tamra, and she is what she is. She was/ is under a lot of pressure to be someone she isn't, and she tries, but she comes back to who she is, which is a person who has had a pretty rough life and it seems really lived in poverty or close to it until her 30s when she met Simon. She's probably been put down and shamed her whole life, so I feel for her. In any case, that's my ode to Tamra. She has a daughter that has pretty much told her that she is not good enough and needs to act a certain way before Sidney will associate with her. That's rough to have your daughter tell you you aren't good enough for her. So though I do think Tamra needs to understand Sidney better, she might come to the realization that she raised a mean, judgemental little prick. Love her anyway, but tone it down when she's around and just suck it up the best she can. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2017 at 9:55 AM, Jack Terrier said:

See and here's why I think the daughter is a spoiled brat.  I understand her need for privacy and she requested no pictures posted BUT that is your mother and she should be able to post a picture of a proud moment.  Other pictures were posted online of that day but the mother isn't allowed one picture?  My god, is this the world we live in?  I just defended Tamara.

If you feel that your mother has repeatedly used you as a prop in a storyline, if you feel that your mother has repeatedly gone out of her way to ignore your request of not being talked about on a national TV show, then yes, you have every right to draw boundaries in the relationship - including not using your image as continued fodder for her tearjerker narrative on TV and social media. Maybe Sidney wanted this to be about her and only her. Maybe she didn't want a milestone event "used" by Tamra or the show. I don't see anything spoiled about it. Plus, Tamra has hundreds of thousands of followers. And they know Sidney as part of Tamra's "story." It's totally different than Sidney or even Simon posting photos from the event. It's not about the reductionist action of posting a photo on Instagram - of course, that action on its own is inoffensive - but context matters. Intention matters. History matters. There are boundaries I have drawn with my own narcissist mother that I would never draw with anyone else - because it is different coming from her. Good for Sidney.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8
On 11/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, la patineuse said:

I think Shannon's comments to Vicky during the whole Vicky-Tamra reconciliation love fest in Iceland just shows she knows what's really up with Vicky and Shannon isn't putting up with it---even for the cameras.  Shannon is spot on about Vicky's character and Vicky just proves over and over again by her actions away from the show what a back-stabber she is.

But why then doesn't Shannon hold Tamra to the same standard? Wasn't there a similar story about Tamra trying to get topless photos of Vicki circulated after the Ireland trip? It's the same type of shit.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But why then doesn't Shannon hold Tamra to the same standard? Wasn't there a similar story about Tamra trying to get topless photos of Vicki circulated after the Ireland trip? It's the same type of shit.

I can not tell you how happy I am no pictures of Vicki's boobies have circulated. And pray they never ever will. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Here in CA, specifically Glendale and nearby, you could potentially only interact within the culture...if you wanted.  There are Armenian schools, businesses, churches, so I could see how she still has her accent.  I’m sure the same could be said for lots of cultures with concentrated populations here.  That said, Peggy just seems like a do-do. 

Armenian-dominant schools and neighborhoods? I can't see that being the case, tbh, bc there are so few Armenians due to the genocide or whatever. I know there's a big persian/middle-eastern population in LA, though, so that could be where she grew up. BUT I know people in LA who grew up in Middle-Eastern-dominant areas (Persian, specifically), but they don't have accents. 

Do you ever watch Shahs of Sunset? Golnessa, Mercedes and Asifa were born in America and they don't have accents or any trouble with English. 

And Asa moved here when she was young and she doesn't have an accent, either and speaks the language fluently. 

The others have a little bit of an accent, but barely and they speak English fluently, as well and they ALL have parents who grew up in Iran and came here as adults. 

So it's just odd to me! 

It's possible, tho. 

4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

If you feel that your mother has repeatedly used you as a prop in a storyline, if you feel that your mother has repeatedly gone out of her way to ignore your request of not being talked about on a national TV show, then yes, you have every right to draw boundaries in the relationship - including not using your image as continued fodder for her tearjerker narrative on TV and social media. Maybe Sidney wanted this to be about her and only her. Maybe she didn't want a milestone event "used" by Tamra or the show. I don't see anything spoiled about it. Plus, Tamra has hundreds of thousands of followers. And they know Sidney as part of Tamra's "story." It's totally different than Sidney or even Simon posting photos from the event. It's not about the reductionist action of posting a photo on Instagram - of course, that action on its own is inoffensive - but context matters. Intention matters. History matters. There are boundaries I have drawn with my own narcissist mother that I would never draw with anyone else - because it is different coming from her. Good for Sidney.

A kid has a right to draw boundaries with their parents, regardless of the reason! 

• Love 2
On 11/17/2017 at 10:45 PM, pieinmyeye said:

I paid attention to the men who helped their partners down the stairs. Just plain good manners. Manners, good or bad, speak volumes to me about the type of person you are.

Fully disagree. I've known plenty of people - men and women - who had impeccable manners on the outside, and were rotten in the inside. 

6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I can not tell you how happy I am no pictures of Vicki's boobies have circulated. And pray they never ever will. 

I really hate to be the one to break this to you but....

vicki-gunvalson-nude-embed-2.jpg

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Fully disagree. I've known plenty of people - men and women - who had impeccable manners on the outside, and were rotten in the inside.

Fully agree with your disagree.

The staircase entrance is their second scene for the wrap party. Their first scenes were either in their cars or at the entry of the St Regis. They were all micced up and knew the cameras were going to be on them. No "man" is going to be stupid enough to commit a crime of pushing their partner down the staircase with cameras rolling or appear more of a jerk for all to see.

KFB Exclusive...I used my super bunny powers to capture their thought bubble:

200.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

In Ireland Vicki was texting photos of her wonky boobs to Dr. Dubrow, I believe Tamra was taking the photos.  They showed scenes at the table. Another time she decided to take a selfie of some gift from Bravo, posted it on Instagram. There was a reflection of Vicki  topless in the background.  Kara Keough called her as soon as she saw the posting and Vicki took it down-it had made the rounds by then.

After the trip there was a story that Tamra had forwarded some photos of the Dr. Dubrow chat to cast and crew.  Someone filed a complaint with the FBI claiming Tamra wanted a minor to distribute the photos.  The complaint went nowhere.  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/11/03/fbi-investigating-tamra-judge-topless-photo-vicki-gunvalson/

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

In Ireland Vicki was texting photos of her wonky boobs to Dr. Dubrow, I believe Tamra was taking the photos.  They showed scenes at the table. Another time she decided to take a selfie of some gift from Bravo, posted it on Instagram. There was a reflection of Vicki  topless in the background.  Kara Keough called her as soon as she saw the posting and Vicki took it down-it had made the rounds by then.

After the trip there was a story that Tamra had forwarded some photos of the Dr. Dubrow chat to cast and crew.  Someone filed a complaint with the FBI claiming Tamra wanted a minor to distribute the photos.  The complaint went nowhere.  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/11/03/fbi-investigating-tamra-judge-topless-photo-vicki-gunvalson/

Which is why we know that Vicki's nipples weren't even close to being in the right place. Ugh!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Armenian-dominant schools and neighborhoods? I can't see that being the case, tbh, bc there are so few Armenians due to the genocide or whatever.

There is a Little Armenia neighborhood in the East Hollywood area of Los Angeles.  From Wikipedia:  The name comes from the large number of Armenian-Americans who live in the area and also from the large number of Armenian stores and businesses that had already opened in the neighborhood by the early 1970s.  One of the major events that occurs in "Little Armenia" is every year on April 24, Armenians gather in Hollywood to take part in a protest for the recognition of Armenian Genocide. Though Hollywood was once home to the biggest Armenian community in the region, Glendale surpassed Hollywood in both the number and proportion of Armenians in population, while Burbank, Pasadena, and La Crescenta also have large Armenian communities but with no special designation.

Little Armenia in the foreground:

little armenia.jpg

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/19/2017 at 0:10 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

There is a Little Armenia neighborhood in the East Hollywood area of Los Angeles.  From Wikipedia:  The name comes from the large number of Armenian-Americans who live in the area and also from the large number of Armenian stores and businesses that had already opened in the neighborhood by the early 1970s.  One of the major events that occurs in "Little Armenia" is every year on April 24, Armenians gather in Hollywood to take part in a protest for the recognition of Armenian Genocide. Though Hollywood was once home to the biggest Armenian community in the region, Glendale surpassed Hollywood in both the number and proportion of Armenians in population, while Burbank, Pasadena, and La Crescenta also have large Armenian communities but with no special designation.

Little Armenia in the foreground:

little armenia.jpg

I don't think most people are disputing that there are Armenian neighborhoods or communities, but that Peggy could have grown up in an environment that is so overwhelmingly Armenian that she could have ended up with her accent and ignorance of American idioms. Today there are about 1.5 million people in the U.S. of Armenian heritage. About 200,000 of them are in the greater Los Angeles area. When Peggy was growing up, there were about 250,000 people in the U.S. of Armenian heritage total. She didn't and couldn't have gone to a majority Armenian school unless it was religious because the population couldn't have supported a public school with an Armenian population significant enough that Peggy ended up with the language skills she has.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 11/18/2017 at 11:24 AM, snowblossom2 said:

So true - and personality disordered parents have very different relationships with their children because each one serves a different purpose for the parent. Not sure if Tamra has npd (pretty sure about Vicki), but Sydney wrote that her mother was all about herself, even leaving her kids without food at times - and, as you say, ignoring boundaries.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, nexxie said:

So true - and personality disordered parents have very different relationships with their children because each one serves a different purpose for the parent. Not sure if Tamra has npd (pretty sure about Vicki), but Sydney wrote that her mother was all about herself, even leaving her kids without food at times - and, as you say, ignoring boundaries.

I've got to figure that the bolded is a bit of youthful hyperbole. No food in the house is a complaint my siblings had about our parents, my nieces and nephews have had about my siblings, and children of my friends have had about my friends. 99.99% of the time, it was a misrepresentation of the situation. And I grew up in a really messed up house where my parents really did leave us on our own for days and weeks. If Tamra was regularly leaving her minor children at home with absolutely no food, there is no way that Tamra would have sole custody of one kid and shared custody of another. Nor can I imagine that Simon would have actually dropped the issue if his kids' physical well-being was in jeopardy. It's much more likely that there was food in the home, but Sydney either disliked it or Sydney didn't want to do what was necessary to make the food. And when my siblings and I made this complaint, it was closer to this explanation than there being zero food in the house because I've been around kids with zero food in the house and they don't really complain about no food in the house. That would be like complaining that the sun rose in the morning or the day of the week ending in a "y".

• Love 8
On 11/18/2017 at 3:47 PM, zoeysmom said:

Because Sidney asked Tamra not to, and Tamra agreed.  It's not that hard to understand.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, 918lux said:

Because Sidney asked Tamra not to, and Tamra agreed.  It's not that hard to understand.

I don't think Tamra agreed though. Yes, Sydney did demand Tamra not talk about her on the show/SM/interviews but she first demanded that Tamra quit the show and that didn't fly either. So, I suspect that Tamra decided to only say positive things about all of her kids, including Sydney, and not allow an angry teen dictate how she lives her life or how she earns a living, which is what Sydney attempted to do.

• Love 3

Sydney might feel that Tamra uses her as a commodity to gain attention for herself - sure does look like Tamra “cashes in” with every tearful confessional and celebratory posting.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Interesting though, that Sidney accepted her mother paying for her college (or did I get that wrong?).  That would be money that her mom made from the show.  I guess that's ok... I doubt Cut Fitness makes all that much money.

I get that Sydney doesn't want to be part of the celebrity of Tamra's life but she also has to understand that her mom has to make a living.  That's not for Sydney to decide.  Should Tamra talk about her on the show?  Not unless she's put in a place where she has to.  Tamra doesn't play by that rule and she's wrong. 

I don't have a problem with Tamra reposting the picture of her daughter's graduation.  It was already posted.  Sydney doesn't get to make 'all' the rules.  If she has such a problem with this all, pay your tuition yourself.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Tamra agreed though. Yes, Sydney did demand Tamra not talk about her on the show/SM/interviews but she first demanded that Tamra quit the show and that didn't fly either. So, I suspect that Tamra decided to only say positive things about all of her kids, including Sydney, and not allow an angry teen dictate how she lives her life or how she earns a living, which is what Sydney attempted to do.

She absolutely agreed not to post anything. Tamra is an embarrassment & can’t keep her word.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sidney_barney/status/894728606986797058/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-8999571492204769995.ampproject.net%2F1510180045130%2Fframe.html

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, 918lux said:

She did stop but then after the graduation both Sydney and Simon posted pictures of the graduation and Tamra did it after they did. They even posted the same photo she did and they posted it first. Sydney needs to stop just like she wants Tamra to stop.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She did stop but then after the graduation both Sydney and Simon posted pictures of the graduation and Tamra did it after they did. They even posted the same photo she did and they posted it first. Sydney needs to stop just like she wants Tamra to stop.

I don' see how Sydney and Simon posting it absolved Tamra of breaking a promise she explicitly made. Tamra did not need to repost the photo for any reason and if she couldn' respect that one little ask of Sydney than she is trampling other boundaries. Tamra posting it had nothing to do with Sydney and was done only for her image.

• Love 8