Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, bk10 said:

I'm thinking this because Jenna and Holly are missing such a big appearance, do you ever feel like our postings on this board hurt the girls more than if we weren't here speculating and gossiping? 

I enjoy following and reading about the girls, but sometimes I feel like we make a big deal about certain things and then in turn it makes it bigger to the organization than if we weren't watching and commenting on everything the girls do

I'm not blaming us for their suspension by the way, I'm just thinking out loud about how their popularity is both a blessing and a curse. 

Not at all. I don't think anything we do or say on here has any bearing at all. I don't think anyone cares about what we have to say lol.

9 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Is this really Christina's 5th year trying out? did she try out last year? I can't remember.

Yes.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Look who's the cover girl;) Can't believe the show finally starts tonight!

Who is this?  Sorry, newbie here......I have watched since the beginning but new to these boards.....

1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

Look who's the cover girl;) Can't believe the show finally starts tonight!

I thought it was so interesting that Shelly seems very cool and down to earth yet in watching her daughter audition, she was a bundle of nerves!

Edited by cherryblossom
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I thought it was so interesting that Shelly seems very cool and down to earth yet in watching her daughter audition, she was a bundle of nerves!

I noticed that too... but in her defense I would be the same way ... if not WORSE if that were my daughter auditioning.  

However, it would make me nervous as hell if I were the one auditioning and my mom was on the sidelines looking like a bundle of nerves ?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I noticed that too... but in her defense I would be the same way ... if not WORSE if that were my daughter auditioning.  

However, it would make me nervous as hell if I were the one auditioning and my mom was on the sidelines looking like a bundle of nerves ?

I used to ask my mom to be at auditions, but then wait in the hall during my turn (middle school and high school age). I liked seeing Shelly all nervous, even if this was just a last minute, trial run for Dayton. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I used to ask my mom to be at auditions, but then wait in the hall during my turn (middle school and high school age). I liked seeing Shelly all nervous, even if this was just a last minute, trial run for Dayton. 

I've never been nervous for her in anything she's done, auditions for ballet intensives, competitions, recitals. We share the love of dance and performing arts...but this was a different feeling, probably because it could potentially be something very unique that we share.

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 14
25 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I've never been nervous for her in anything she's done, auditions for ballet intensive, competitions, recitals. We share the love of dance and performing arts...but this was a different feeling, probably because it could potentially be something that very unique we share.

Nervousness is human, and real emotion. Even if you know she'll do fine, and she knows she'll do fine, its still nervewrecking! I liked the moment from the preview. Makes me want to call my mom.

• Love 6
On 7/31/2017 at 1:10 PM, AnnMichele said:

Fun fact about Tessa is that she's engaged to a former producer of MTT. (His IMDb says 2011-2015.) She has thankfully recovered leaps and bounds since her stroke! DCC and CMT had nothing to do with her stroke (it happened more than a year after her time in TC and her injury), so I don't fault them for including that. 

Ehh it's just reminding us of the drama and emotions. They're just promoting the show. 

Do you have the guys name or a picture of him?  I am curious who got Tessa.  She is SO pretty!

44 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

This is one of the first clips I've been able to watch Yuko dancing to for more than a couple of 8 counts. I watched her feet pretty much the whole time. With her being behind Amy L and Cersten, two strong dancers, her deficits to the trained eye are clear. To a stadium full of people who are not trained in dance, it's not a big deal and she fits in/is hitting her marks and is on count. In several parts of the dance her body angle is off 30 degrees from everyone next to her. She is awkward and clunky in the boots next to girls who have drill team and college dance backgrounds, it almost looks like she's stepping over something invisible at times. I don't see what people have been seeing about her being "so bad" she should not have made it back, just not top notch. 

Edit: wait?! or is that Selina?

Edited by DFWBelle
  • Love 3

Help!  Loyal MTT viewer and CMT is no longer available on Spectrum.  What do you guys do to,watch the show without local cable access?  I downloaded the app but it wants to connect with Spectrum and it says CMT is not available?  What else to you do to watch the current season?

25 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Help!  Loyal MTT viewer and CMT is no longer available on Spectrum.  What do you guys do to,watch the show without local cable access?  I downloaded the app but it wants to connect with Spectrum and it says CMT is not available?  What else to you do to watch the current season?

You're telling me. I live in UK and the last 2 seasons, someone has put each episode up on youtube after it was shown (yes I know it usually does get taken down after a day) and I can't even watch this season on youtube anymore because of copyright on it. Youtube vids of the first episide with a link but I am sceptical of the links incase its got some virus or something because I don't know the site the links (in those videos, of S12 Episode 1 well etc because they all tell you to sign up and put your bank details on it etc and I don't want to because I don't know those sites well).

So I don't know where to watch this season either and I don't even live in the US <starts crying> XD

@Shelly, the others were saying that the first episode (which I haven't watched yet) the voice over said there were two legacy auditioning this year. We know one of those 2 is you and Dayton. So whose the other legacy? Do you know?

6 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

You're telling me. I live in UK and the last 2 seasons, someone has put each episode up on youtube after it was shown (yes I know it usually does get taken down after a day) and I can't even watch this season on youtube anymore because of copyright on it. Youtube vids of the first episide with a link but I am sceptical of the links incase its got some virus or something because I don't know the site the links (in those videos, of S12 Episode 1 well etc because they all tell you to sign up and put your bank details on it etc and I don't want to because I don't know those sites well).

So I don't know where to watch this season either and I don't even live in the US <starts crying> XD

@Shelly, the others were saying that the first episode (which I haven't watched yet) the voice over said there were two legacy auditioning this year. We know one of those 2 is you and Dayton. So whose the other legacy? Do you know?

There was another daughter of a DCC Alum (Stacey Malmay) that cheered in the early 90s. I cannot remember how far she made it in the process. 

1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

There was another daughter of a DCC Alum (Stacey Malmay) that cheered in the early 90s. I cannot remember how far she made it in the process. 

Thank you. Least its good to know who it was at least.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yuko almost brought down the whole kickline with her mistakes. I'm sorry, she's not DCC material.

She's cute,  but if she hurts somebody, cute doesn't make up for that. She dances like a stiff child. Zero power. I don't know if that's how Western dance is taught in Japan, but that other Japanese girl from the first season was the same. It's like they're stiff and afraid to extend, and there's no fluidity. Maybe they're trying to look cute and dainty, or precise, but it just looks to me like a kid trying to keep up with the big girls. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yuko almost brought down the whole kickline with her mistakes. I'm sorry, she's not DCC material.

I was thinking the same thing on both comments. When she kicks she wanders or floats. Easy to hide when you are in between people but being on the end- not so much. 

• Love 3
Just now, Domino9062 said:

I was thinking the same thing on both comments. When she kicks she wanders or floats. Easy to hide when you are in between people but being on the end- not so much. 

She kicks like a spazz, I can tell she's trying to make them higher but that's throwing off her balance

1 hour ago, Domino9062 said:

Yeah I assume that she's not usually on the end (I would guess Jenna or one of the short rookies will be on the end), and that may have contributed the issue, but her whole technique looked off. She seriously was flirting with disaster there.

• Love 5

I agree on Yuko. I was hoping she would prove me wrong and make me look like a bitter hater buuuut....

Did Erica dance? I can't spot her anywhere.

AND YAAAS QUEEN KASHARA. I think I have at some point that i would love to see Kashara as point in the future and well I guess my wish came true sooner than I thought. I'd love to see Lacey there too, or maybe even as pro bowl girl this year. Anyway, we shall see! 

• Love 6

I love that on twitter Danielle wrote to kashara: new spot who dis ? Kashara has support at point and she looks great there. I really am shocked they picked Kashara over Lacey, and I love them both. I can't wait to see if Kashara will still be there in the first preseason game. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I always kind of thought Holly would go down in a blaze of glory before getting to her 5th year charm.  I'm dying to know what is going on.  Jenna, meh.  

If Jenna was put on probation or whatever, and she is taking her licks/punishment without outward resentment, fit throwing or quitting in a snit,  it raises my respect for her by quite a few notches.  That is a great example of being "world class."

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

If Jenna was put on probation or whatever, and she is taking her licks/punishment without outward resentment, fit throwing or quitting in a snit,  it raises my respect for her by quite a few notches.  That is a great example of being "world class."

For me world class would be not breaking the rules to begin with

• Love 8

World class begins and ends with how they dance.

nobody really cares who they sleep with or what bars they go to. The organization has a weird, paternal obsession with it, but normal people do not.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

They look like the Mizzou Golden Girls, and I'm sorry but that's just weird why not wear the iconic uniform or at least Cowboys blue

Gold Party....Hall of Game Gold Jacket, therefore everything is gold. 

• Love 6